Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jan 2, 2017 5:57 AM

Nov 2011
As nice as the season finale, the final ballet, makes it less melancholy and sad end. The episode is full of symbolism, and indirectly, during the narrative we are told that life is a moment made of things and people. The narrative is poignant, I would review again all the characters in another new season. Overall, this second season, brings the gift of many things, but not the best call of the previous one; are both very beautiful and pleasant to look at.
It was nice to see this anime, thanks a lot μ's!

8/10
Jan 23, 2017 12:45 AM

Nov 2016
Aaaah perfect!!! Couldnt ask for a better season finale <3 That was soo beautiful.. the flashbacks, THE SCENE where they're all lying down on the ground aaaah im crying

I LOVE MY GIRLS FOREVER.. looking forward to the movie and OVAs then
Feb 16, 2017 11:32 AM

Sep 2014
So that's where that μ's on the floor in the endings came from.

Niko's mother was amazing. xD

That alpaca's face when they found the other one was pregnant. That smug mofo lol

Hanayo becoming the new club's president made a lot of sense. I liked that. (Looks like she keeps overreaction, though, especially at the end.)
Mar 14, 2017 5:10 PM

Mar 2016
This is really funny. I laughed, smiled, cried, and cheered while watching this.
I never was a fan of CGDCT shows and always thought idol shows are boring and not my type, but this ended up being a show that tempted me to give it a 10/10 specifically this 2nd season, but I'll end up settling with a 9/10 and give it a place in my favorites for a while. I really love all the characters so much with my top 3 being Nico, Umi, and Nozomi. I really wish more anime fans would get out of their comfort zones and try this. I encourage it. Now on to the movie (will watch it soon).
Apr 15, 2017 10:08 AM

Jun 2013
The way they used Aishiteru Banzai was surprising. I felt like it was cut too short though, they didn't even use the best parts. Really liked the placement though.

I already have the movie, can't wait to watch it!

Reunion concert please? For us fans that came too late to the party? :(
Apr 17, 2017 6:52 AM

Apr 2015
So are they going to be pro idols after they all graduate?

I loved the ending, glad that they ended it with Happy Maker.

MOVIE

“Even if the attention isn’t forever, I’ll keep singing.”
Apr 21, 2017 12:17 PM

Sep 2011
I'm really touched on their farewell. Didn't have regrets on trying this series up to 2nd season and I'll watch the movie. It seems this is the only idol theme series that I'm totally entertained despite idol theme isn't my thing.

Honoka is so underrated though. Honoka, Kotori, Maki, and Nico(I thought I'll hate her) are my best girls on this series.

May 23, 2017 10:05 AM
Aug 2012
It was a good ride 9/10

Anyone knows name of OTS that plays before Aishiteru Banzai, when Honoka was making a speech (8:10 - 9:20)?
Jun 3, 2017 7:07 PM
Jul 2016
One word: SPEECHLESS!

Wild Niko´s mother appeared doing the "Nico Nico Nii"... Nothing more left unseen after that xD

No shit why Love Live! is the most popular title in the worlds in terms of sales of everything Love Live!. Straight into my top 3. Still the movie and "Sunshine!!" left which I´m super excited for this not over yet :D

8/10
HilariumosisJul 22, 2017 3:14 PM
Jun 30, 2017 8:34 PM

Nov 2014
damn dude i have cried a lot in this episode, im afraid to watch the movie because i dont want muse to end.. Never gonna forget this group
Sep 29, 2017 5:42 AM

Aug 2013
Nico's mom doing "Nico-nico-nii~!" was 10/10.

What a ride this was. Loved Honoka's farewell speech and the graduation song was done well. 8/10.

I'm going to miss watching µ. There's still the movie to watch.

Oct 19, 2017 5:29 AM

Oct 2016
Sugooi! Didn't expect the second season to be this great. I'm so glad I watched the second season. This series is just so beautiful.

The three girls that supported muse from the start, in the end we don't get to know their names.
Nov 2, 2017 7:47 AM

Sep 2016
This episode ended with a bang, now i have to see the movie aswell, no doubt, Hapy maker is one of my fav songs aswell now.
I'll certianly check out hte movie
Nov 3, 2017 6:23 AM
May 2017
I loved all the references that they put in this episode! Including when Honk draws muse with a mop on the rooftop (like at the ending of Donna Tokimo Zutto) and all the references in Happy Maker. Definitely going to watch the movie.
Nov 7, 2017 3:00 PM

Nov 2007
That friggin smug male alpaca.....

btw. I love Sonoda Umi
Jan 5, 2018 8:07 AM

Sep 2012
Leo_10 said:
Nico's mom doing "Nico-nico-nii~!" was 10/10.

What a ride this was. Loved Honoka's farewell speech and the graduation song was done well. 8/10.

I'm going to miss watching µ. There's still the movie to watch.

IKR & awry1 in the family looks like mothers clone :D
Jan 8, 2018 7:43 PM

Sep 2013
Farewell speech becomes a song because that's how µ rolls :'(
10/10 it needs to be 2 season longer and I hate that it ended :'(
Jan 11, 2018 12:19 AM

Sep 2016
yoo shoutout to love live being my 200th anime completed woop woop ill forever love this anime emotions all overr muse forever <3
Facta Non Verba
Apr 28, 2018 9:36 PM

Aug 2017
Sad and emotional last episode. They should go pro and postpone college. This is one of the best anime I have ever seen.
Aug 18, 2018 5:51 PM

Oct 2015
The farewell to the third-years was so emotional I almost slipped one and that song in graduation hall took the cake.
So Hanayo will be next club prez and Maki her vice, good choice by Niko although I will miss her and that phrase of hers (Niko Niko nii). I wonder what is the big news Hanayo was showing the girls, I guess I have to check out the movie then.

8/10
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Nov 18, 2018 5:30 AM

Jul 2013
This season was overemotional, tbh, it made the season kinda boring. Plus, I didn't like any of the songs this time.
Dec 19, 2018 10:42 PM

May 2016
Seeing Nico being a complete mama's girl with her mom who even did the Nico Nico Nii was super adorable ♥ I had the alpacas' sex reversed too so that's a surprise.

Started this season by the end of March and finally finished it at late December. It took me so long to finish this but it still felt all too fast as the graduation ceremony started. A simple farewell speech wouldn't do everything the 3rd-years did to be part of u's' success justice so sending them off with a sweet song that says that it's actually just the beginning was very touching for me.

While everyone else went home, the girls were taking one last look of their school and were just enjoying themselves with that gorgeous shot of them having a nap on the grass. That scene by the rooftop where she just reminisced their practice sessions while it slowly faded away with the water on the floor overwhelmed me with bittersweet emotions.

I was so happy that they threw a curveball at the very end by having Hanayo get a phonecall about them performing in a new gig~ Didn't expect that it would end up so cheerily but this was the perfect set-up for the movie lmao

Jan 6, 2019 6:00 PM
Jul 2018
Justfinished watching the second season of this Anime, damn it made my tears come down. It was my first time crying a lot. Now I'm going to watch the movie of this Anime. I hope they're still together.
Jun 21, 2019 6:01 AM

Apr 2018
Well that was quite the cliffhanger. Welp to the movie we go
Jul 18, 2019 4:31 PM

May 2016
Honoka's song really held back my tears and the girls as well. best girl 8/10
Aug 6, 2019 4:59 PM

Jul 2012
Using Aishiteru Banzai as her graduation speech was so Honoka haha. It was sad, but I love the song!

I'm glad the Muse logo on the rooftop wasn't sweat after all lmao.

The rooftop flashbacks really got to me. I'm gonna miss these girls when it's all over 😭

Hanayo is always breaking the big news 😂
Looks like Muse still has more left to do! Time to watch the movie :D
Oct 11, 2019 4:51 PM

Nov 2016
Nico's mom easily best girl, easily.

Very moving finale. Especially the speech and when they went to the roof for the last time got me good. Kinda sad that it's over, there's still the movie and Sunshine, but I'm gonna miss this cast. Hope we will keep the energy and the cheerful music, tho.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 20, 2019 8:29 PM
Apr 2018
Nico nico nii no Haha-we??.. I think lmao, idek, don't speak Japanese

So sad it ended. I haven't had this fun watching anime in quite a while. I'll miss these girls. Season 2 was everything the first one did right but upgraded, although the last 2 ep were a small disappointment for me. I think the ed for ep 13 killed the mood. Honoka had already made everything so touching: Muse letter written on the rooftop as their legacy but saying that it's okay if it disappears, the memories when the group was a trio only...

9/10.
SaiDrewApr 20, 2020 10:50 PM
Aug 29, 2020 11:13 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Yep, its ended up like they said. Fortunately, there were no other deep crying like some of the previous episodes that heavily had so much touchable moments. On this one, its just a simple conclusion over their graduation of the third class. Some more information added like Hanayo changed Nico's position as the president club, and Maki as the vice president. Honoka memories of their past surely had some touchable aspects. Gladly it just served like that and ended with some shocking information.

Ah, yes, that thing of mail that which supposed to surprised Hanayo obviously to led them into the movie plot line. I can't wait to see it after this. Lol. Eventhough the group were for sure disbanded due to their members graduation. It seems they still had a motivation to continued their hardwork for some future events. I didn't mind at all with their continuations in the third season. Lets see the next Love Live! continuations, eh? Ofc!

Scoring? I don't want to said much. Its had been done solidified on the previous episode. As Muse's slogan, the series kept bringing the whole dreams into a reality. This serialization success to bring that shit into a reality too. Congratulations from me! So, yeah, thats it.
badabassAug 29, 2020 11:40 PM
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Mar 3, 2021 11:14 AM

May 2018
I really liked the scene of the flashbacks disappearing with the water evaporating :O also Nico's mom is based

6/10
ByniavoMar 3, 2021 11:17 AM
Apr 6, 2021 2:17 AM

Feb 2020
The rooftop scene really hit me hard. The graduation ceremony was also very touching.

Overall, a great season.

This was my first idol anime and I loved it very much. µ's forever! <3

SerafosJun 30, 11:29 AM
Jun 23, 2021 11:38 PM

Jul 2020
This season is definetely much better than the last one with less melodrama, less cringy CG dancing, memorable performances, and a lovable main cast. Umi is my best girl still, can't wait to see the movie next.

6/10

n6ahJun 23, 2021 11:43 PM
Mar 3, 2022 3:46 PM

Jan 2022
Easily an 8/10, so much better than the first season and overall just so enjoyable to watch. This was a great ending to a great anime.

Also what was the emergency Hanayo was talking about at the end? Was it supposed to cut off after they performed happy maker or was there smn I missed? I'm guessing it was about the movie, but still it was kinda confusing at first lmao
May 2, 2022 11:03 PM

Jul 2019
This made me emotional. I'm glad they ended on a happy note. Great job ruining the mood, Hanayo! ^^b

Nico's mom is cute. She even did the thing! Nico Nico Nii~

The parents showed up in the ED as well. That was nice.

Lot's of adorable Hanayo noises! And let's not forget Nozomi's "Nani, nani? Oshiete!" Hnng! My heart!

10/10
Jul 23, 2022 6:58 AM

Aug 2020
The 3rd year graduation. As the u's members tend to reflect and look back in their memories, they accept the fact that it finally ended. They won Love Live!! What a beautiful ending and wait it is not over yet?! UwU

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Mar 12, 2023 9:38 PM

Jul 2022
I've cried at many anime, but I can't believe Love Live was one of them.
Apr 25, 2023 2:01 AM

Dec 2020
Oh good thing everyone else sang along at the graduation. I was gonna be like damn sure putting alot of focus on yourself lmao

Better than s1, very enjoyable. But out of everyone was maki the only one who didn't really get a back story or did I miss it?

Is the emergency news that school idols now can go up to college to keep everyone together? Lol
May 4, 2023 12:05 AM
Jul 2020
Great finale! Was definitely expecting more of an emotional end at the last few minutes, but i remembered that there's a movie, so µ's legacy is yet to be over for me! Anyways, 5/5 episode.

Difference between s1 and s2 is honestly heaven and earth. Not saying that s1 was bad, it was great, but s2 took the show to another level.

This is a 10/10. Can't wait to watch the movie later!
May 6, 2023 3:29 PM

Feb 2020
I knew this wasn't the end because of the movie, but I still didn't expect for the season to end on a cliffhanger ! But I'm very curious to see what's next for our nine idols.

Anyway, that was an heartwarming episode, fitting for a season that I found to be a real improvment ! I criticized it a bit but thinking back, I only got real issues with the diet episode.
For the rest, well, a lot of the criticism I had regarding the message disappeared, leading to something much sweeter as a result. It was very nice to get some development for all the characters, even if I must admit I found most of them to still be a bit too one-dimensional, at the very least, they felt real, so I came to genuily care about them which is very important. Honoka especially was so much better here than in season 1, I found her quite annoying back then but she's become a very endearing and inspiring character who feels very human. She's even my favorite character now, along with Nico who already was my favorite in season 1 but only got better (I really fail to see why so many people are annoyed at her, she is one of the most wholesome tsunderes I've seen).
As for the drama, it wasn't even real drama, just emotional scenes and here, it did feel earned. I did feel for these girls.
Also, the animation was a real improvment as well ! It made the characters look very lively (except for the CGI of course).

Now it was still quite cheesy, I'm also not very fond of most songs and as I said, even if I like every girl, I found most of them to be quite one-dimensional (Hanayo especially suffered hard from that), they were a bit too often stuck in their gimmick.
But still, overall I really liked this season 2 !
FafetteMay 7, 2023 1:29 AM
Apr 4, 10:44 AM
Sep 2022
i got chills watching this
Apr 27, 7:09 AM
Jul 2020
el mejor cierre de anime que vi en mi vida
Aug 5, 6:14 AM

Jun 2021
At 38 years old and at my third full watch, how i managed to fight tears back and avoided exploding into ugly cry after the final three sentences by Honoka is a miracle. Ok, recap...

"Uniforms look good on you!" But Honoka, Yukiho and Alisa haven't even actually worn their ones yet.

Kotono Mitsuishi being Nico's mom and doing her same catchphrase was epic. And if her daughter doesn't properly clean up the idol club room, what is she gonna do, punish her in the name of the moon or something? Well, Hanayo seems the perfect person to pass the torch on.

Umi's death face returned, once again justified. Eli's memories were beautiful to recall, as if she never forgave herself for having been the "villain" for half of season 1. Aishiteru Banzai at the graduation ceremony was emotional, and the same goes for the girls lying on the grass joining hands, with the most beautiful NozoEli moment in existence. Obviously i laughed at Honoka's having to pay for everyone else fruit juice and Eli of all people adding salt to the wounds with those words and that happy face, and also... her own fear of the alpacas considering season 1 episode 8 (still my favorite one after all those years).

Oh, Love And Peace is beautiful and didn't remember it was played almost at the end... in fact the real last song was Happy Maker. If only it could actually work like it did when i finished my first full watch in late 2017 when i was the happiest person on Earth, second time seemed another great moment in life but in hindsight i know i didn't deserve it, this third one... i should have a dream and trying to find courage and forces to make it become true but unfortunately real life is something else. Oh, well.

10/10. i needed hard a show like this one and it came out at the exact perfect moment, so many unforgettable songs, wonderful characters from the main to the supporting ones (Fumiko <3 my only PFP character since i joined Myanimelist for very specific reasons), moments that made me laugh HARD every single time, some fantastic seiyuus that never made me feel wanting a dub in my language (and i ADORE italian dub since day one), the only real bad spot is that this generation 1 had the shortest living span in the entire Love Live franchise at this point, or at least is facing this risk.

Once again... i feel empty, as if this wasn't yet another rewatch. i'm getting older and older and still don't want to stop cosplaying these beautiful characters (well, in school uniform only due to... logistics), i still look for other cosplayers of the series at anime conventions with the same enthusiasm as ever, and luckily, here in italy, a full decade after the end of season 2 they haven't stopped to appear yet.

Dear creators, seiyuus, everyone who worked behind the scenes of this wonderful series... THANK. YOU.
Yesterday, 2:54 AM
Aug 2018
Only goats......
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» What's your favorite song of μ's?

RitzueX - Sep 16

16 by DeTrixter »»
Sep 23, 5:03 AM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2014

138 by MeatyHobbertson »»
Sep 1, 9:19 AM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2014

114 by _untitled »»
Aug 5, 1:28 AM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2014

144 by _untitled »»
Aug 5, 1:05 AM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2014

78 by _untitled »»
Aug 4, 3:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.