Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Why Raeliana Ended Up at the Duke's Mansion
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 10, 2023 6:00 AM

Nov 2011
Even though this has isekai elements, I find it kinda interesting with a main female protagonist trying to fight against her own fate. Raelina seems like the type of character who isn't going to let fate run its own course. 

I think this actually has an interesting start to see how far this girl can change history, at least according to their in universe's novel plot. Oh and Noah is kinda badass...although I hope we find out more about his character. 

Jul 2017
It's been a long while since we had a Korean Manhwa adaptation, ever since the Big 3 of webtoons (Kami no Tou a.k.a Tower of God, God of High School and Noblesse) back in 2020. But this show clearly has the Japanese influence over its OG Korean counterpart.

MindaRyn's OP is just decent, and SERRA's ED is fairly good. This is expected of the 3rd-rate "One Room" studio of Typhoon Graphics's first full-featured anime since the forgettable Fall 2017's Sengoku Night Blood.

The life that Raeliana McMillian, formerly of Rinko Hanasaki (the Korean version being Park Eun-ha) dying and reborn from an intentional push off the roof, is reincarnated in a novel that she was reading: a prestigious picture-perfect nouveau riche family wed in an engagement to fiancé Francis Brooks that has an intent to kill her to take over the family business. And her intent is to break up as soon as possible, from regular walks in the park, to ruining the scene with food and guns. But no matter how she tries, she just could not shake Francis's will.

The only person that could change her fate: the Duke that is Noah Voltaire Wynknight, the true male protagonist of the novel. Besides the ever-so-relevant nobles law that is still a stranglehold, Raeliana comes looking for the demonic façade for the deal of any information regarding the royal seal, in exchange for a way out of protection...that seems easy. Francis may seem like Noah's the bad guy here while in fact he is, and Noah takes all precautions.

I feel that it's a miscalculation to romanticize the anime, though I understand why: it's for the Japanese audience.
KANLen09Apr 10, 2023 6:30 AM

Feb 2018
It was a beautiful cityscape, I like the art for this anime. The background depiction is pretty good and fit with the characters. Yahhh, that was a flashback before the heroine died. I think it was a silly way to die. Heroine received a message and then yahhh, Reiko was pushed by an unknown entity. Reiko reincarnated into a novel?

It was a silly way to die in my opinion but at least it's different from other isekai, where most of them are always identical to a convenience store. OP anime 10/10 it was good, I think. Raeliana has a unique design and it's quite sexy for an otome anime. Raeliana has a fiance, he is a burg? I didn't hear the name of Raeliana's fiance clearly.

Anyway, Raeliana had to break off their engagement contract because yahhh, there was only a bad ending for Raeliana. I feel like Raeliana's character development was quite surprising. I know tsundere is good but Raeliana can also use a rifle, which is pretty cool.

Although Raeliana tried to break their engagement status, Mr. Burg still keeps coming to see Raeliana for some reason. The threat really worked. No one can beat the status of Mr. Burg's family.

The protagonist (Noah) appeared in the first episode, I thought Noah would appear in the second or third episode. Not only that, Noah and Raeliana have also met. In the end, they made a deal where Raeliana seemed to have known Noah's true face.

Although Raeliana thought she was already caught by Mr. Burg, yahhh Noah protected her. Raeliana wants to cancel her engagement with Mr. Burg. Although Mr. Burg still wants to maintain his engagement status with Raeliana, Noah denied it and wants to take Raeliana.

Ending Song 10/10
Apr 10, 2023 6:16 AM

Jul 2020
quite an interesting premise, and the art is awesome. honestly, I expected it to be much worse. ED is so beautiful, too
Apr 10, 2023 6:43 AM
Jan 2020
i still can't stand how dudes look like in this kind of shows, they looks so punchable lmao
Apr 10, 2023 6:43 AM
Apr 2022
Felt way more different then I was expecting, characters all seem likeable as well and have some solid chemistry. Animation was nothing incredible but better then I was expecting. Op and ed were both really good as welll
Apr 10, 2023 6:59 AM
Apr 2022
Stark700 said:
Even though this has isekai elements, I find it kinda interesting with a main female protagonist trying to fight against her own fate. Raelina seems like the type of character who isn't going to let fate run its own course. 

I think this actually has an interesting start to see how far this girl can change history, at least according to their in universe's novel plot. Oh and Noah is kinda badass...although I hope we find out more about his character. 

We see eye to eye!! :)
Apr 10, 2023 6:59 AM
Feb 2021
I wasnt expecting it to be good. let alone this good
Apr 10, 2023 7:05 AM

Apr 2020
It's been a while since I read the manhwa, but the first episode was adapted pretty well from what I remember. 

I liked the episode! Looking forward to next week
Apr 10, 2023 7:16 AM

Oct 2019
Really like the OP and ED. As someone mentioned, Raelina has a sexy design. Aside from raelina, the character designs are pretty average at this point. I am quite curious to know where the story will lead us. I def will be watching the anime this season.
"Perfection is perception. For me, humanity's imperfections is what makes it perfect"

Apr 10, 2023 7:23 AM
Dec 2021
love the mystery.
Apr 10, 2023 7:31 AM
Sep 2022
I'm kinda disappointed that it's dubbed but that definitely won't let me stop it from watching!
Apr 10, 2023 7:37 AM
May 2021
i like the premise of the story. an isekai with a female lead who's reincarnated into a novel and is actively trying to change her predetermined fate. the art is pretty as well. seems like this will be a good show
My 2023 candies:
Apr 10, 2023 7:37 AM
Apr 2022
R3p_ca said:
I'm kinda disappointed that it's dubbed but that definitely won't let me stop it from watching!
dubbed? I watched it subbed bro lol
Apr 10, 2023 7:38 AM

Jan 2023
This is giving me all of the Bridgerton with intrigue vibes I was hoping for. I’m looking forward to the rest of the season!
Apr 10, 2023 7:53 AM

Aug 2020
As someone who has read the manhwa (and mind you, it's also one of my favs), I'm happy they were able to animate the first episode properly. This was adapted pretty well from the original so obviously I'll keep on watching to see more! 
[/url]
Apr 10, 2023 7:53 AM
Mar 2023
the new episode was great. can't wait for upcoming episodes.
one of my all time favorite manhwas...the story is awesome af ...with a great plot and genuine characters.

the animation is good and character designs are great too. can't wait for future episodes  XD

Apr 10, 2023 8:00 AM
Aug 2017
Really good first episode, I hope that it becomes a huge success so that it’ll lead to more anime’s of this trope like Villains are destined to die to get an adaptation.
Apr 10, 2023 8:01 AM

Jan 2021
I liked the concept and the character designs especially Noah, he's so beautiful. His voice suits him well too. The mystery was quite interesting but somehow this first episode didn't feel so enjoyable for me, especially after seeing the way she died...

I hope I can enjoy it in the next episodes because I've been looking forward to it since the adaptation was announced.

Apr 10, 2023 8:06 AM

Feb 2019
Man romance stans are eating so good this season and this is gonna be right near the top of the list I can tell. What a first episode. From art, to world building, to Raelina’s personality and overall characterisation, just great. I like the idea of her trying to change her fate

Had never heard of this series before and then I looked it up and saw it’s a manwha so that explains why there’s a more mature tone to it. Even the voice acting sounds more natural and subdued. Definitely still in the shoujo/otome style of writing but feels unique as well.
Apr 10, 2023 8:33 AM

Jan 2009
hanakocheeks said:
 The mystery was quite interesting but somehow this first episode didn't feel so enjoyable for me, especially after seeing the way she died...

Not much worse than getting run over by Truck-kun :D

And if that makes it better,

The Crunchy rips are engdub only. Had to get a Chinese rip to watch this in proper Japanese.
Suginami85Apr 10, 2023 8:46 AM
Apr 10, 2023 8:48 AM

Nov 2016
Very intriguing start, even got me more hooked than Bakarina. Theme songs are also straight As.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 10, 2023 8:53 AM
Sep 2021
Interesting plot for an isekai, it was a promising episode, looking forward for the future it holds.
Apr 10, 2023 8:53 AM

Oct 2022
Not bad~
It lowkey reminded me of the kdrama "extraordinary you"

👻🎃 🎃👻

Apr 10, 2023 9:06 AM

Sep 2007
Yessss It's started!

As someone who's read the manwha (but finished it quite a while ago)...I originally feared about the pacing but this seems pretty faithful to the source. I also feared the whole Japan taking the Korean source material and...idk, something getting lost in the "transition" but I haven't felt anything off/awkward so far....

The art did seem a little bland though (as someone else also mentioned) outside of the OP & ED and very few "key" characters they've sort of shown so far....but I hope it improves a little better.
IkanoApr 10, 2023 9:09 AM
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Apr 10, 2023 9:12 AM

Mar 2021
I thought it would be a disaster because these types of animes, specifically shoujos, tend to be cringe which is probably why not many shoujo anime airs. Also the source material is complete and has 100+ chapters. It's popular with studios to process everything in one season these days, so I thought they'd fit 100 chapters into 12 episodes. 

But, for the first episode at least, they did a good job. They didn't rush like I thought, the pacing is great. The animation is good enough but I admire the music. I can keep watching even just for it. I hope they continue to focus on the mystery part of the story.

Edit: And why is the score so low?! The premier is better the bakarina one.
meyveApr 10, 2023 9:25 AM

Apr 10, 2023 9:16 AM
Sep 2015
In principle it belongs to the same category as Otome Game Sekai since she's neither a hero nor a villain, though she's not as insignificant as mob character.

I'm trying to guess what's happened on the rooftop
The mysterious guy: I can grant you one wish if you come with me.
The girl: I want to pass university exam
The mysterious guy: Done
Apr 10, 2023 9:23 AM

May 2020
It felt decent for the time.. but if it gets cheesier in any way like those korean dramas, I'll put this thing to its rightful place without even a shred of second thought.
Apr 10, 2023 9:28 AM
Oct 2019
Great first episode hope will continu to be a good adaptation
Apr 10, 2023 9:28 AM
Apr 2021
I somehow really liked this kind of isekai anime. She did the right action to broke off the engagement. 
Why is it so short thou, like it went by so fast. 
Mana_NagaseApr 10, 2023 9:32 AM
Apr 10, 2023 9:36 AM

Dec 2022
i didnt think it was an isekai anyways its just otome game reincarnation trope but with novels instead like the female lea is always trying to avoid death
Apr 10, 2023 9:47 AM

Sep 2020
OMG this was amazing. This looks like a serious drama series without any comedy and I am here for it.
Apr 10, 2023 9:53 AM
May 2017
I think I just found myself a gem by choosing to watch this anime. I have high hopes for the upcoming episodes after having watched ep 1.
Apr 10, 2023 9:55 AM
Sep 2022
Rimusimp said:
R3p_ca said:

oh really? The website I use for streaming anime showed me the dub lmao
Apr 10, 2023 10:08 AM

Mar 2016
Reincarnated to die again? Not on my watch! Another isekai bending tropes we've seen before like a little bit hamefura with half-spoon of mobseka and there you go! I'm a sucker for drama and isekai, so yeah I'll watching to see what else this one has to offer.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Apr 10, 2023 10:12 AM

Jun 2019
Oh... so it's one of those Isekais. LOl. Raeliana is cute and is incarnated and she doesn't want to die twice and the culprit is her fiance. She tries everything to break up with her but he doesn't give up. Looks like she made a deal with Noah and she chose him as her partner in place of Brooks who got played. LOL. It would be interesting to see how this show goes from here on out. She wants to survive this life. I hope Noah helps her.
Apr 10, 2023 10:14 AM
Nov 2019

An isekai that looks actually interesting and serious. Kind of romance novel which incorporates detective story and thriller. I like how MC became ill in the carriage after psychological stress. The feeling of her desparation when she couldn't brake up wedding and being intimidated by her fiance. Such small details give psychological depth to the story. XIX-th century European country at last depicted more or less beleivable (probably due to shared Christian culture of South Koreans), unlike sketchy parodies in other Japanese anime. I hope this show would live up to my expectations.
Apr 10, 2023 12:00 PM

Feb 2021
Amazing first episode!

I really had no idea what to expect from this show but I was pleasantly surprised.

It seems Crunchyroll is back again to producing Manhwa adaptations, I hope this is one is good cause the first episode was great. 
Apr 10, 2023 12:07 PM
Aug 2017
The wait is finally over and our Raeliana is here! This was good for a first episode, it gave me "I am the villainess so I'm taming the final boss" vibes except it's more polished and elegant. Raeliana feels like an interesting protagonist, on a more realistical side. I loved the setting happening within a novel, it reminded me alot of Fushigi Yuugi.

As for the male lead, I liked him. He reminded me a bit of Tsuruga Ren but it's interesting to see. Some here may call him the usual "meanie who goes soft" but he's not exactly that.

Animation wise, I have to say I was let down. Many people here called it amazing but the amount of still frames was noticeable, same as some of the unpolished scenes. 

Apr 10, 2023 12:22 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Sure, might as well add a manwha adaptation to the mix, and so far it's pretty good. Could've been pretty basic and bland, but it's kind of interesting, with Raelina being isekai'd into a novel, but clearly being influence the characters in it and in turn the story as a whole. It's going to be a fight to not die, and I'm looking forward to seeing how she tries to stay alive. For now, she just has to avoid drinking tea I suppose. But since she is changing the course of the story, she better be on the look out for other methods that would cause her demise. As to why she was pushed off the building by a mysterious figure and transported to this world, well, they almost NEVER explain WHY, now do they? But if it does tie in later to an overarching narrative, then by all means I'll take it. For now, I'm just gonna enjoy Raelina trying to stay focused on not dying and trying not to ogle too much over hot dudes.

NYANPASU
whiskey tango foxtrot

Apr 10, 2023 12:58 PM

Feb 2022
Good start to the adaptation, ive been waiting for this a long time so exciting.

I love the op and ed music
Apr 10, 2023 1:00 PM
Dec 2021
This season's hidden gem
Apr 10, 2023 1:42 PM

Dec 2013
I liked this one a lot, everyone is hiding and plotting something.
Apr 10, 2023 2:07 PM
Feb 2023
I love the manhwa

Raeliana and the Duque, pure love
Apr 10, 2023 2:11 PM
May 2020
FINALLY AN ISEKAI FOR THE GIRLSSS
Apr 10, 2023 2:39 PM

May 2018
Now this is an interesting Isekai, quite different from what we usually see around the seasonals, I like the premise of the story, and both Raeliana and the Duke are interesting characters. The art isn't really sophisticated, and it looks blurry and poor sometimes, but it's charming for the most part. Also, I like the music in this. Let's hope it keeps getting better.

Grant me one hour on love's most sacred shores
    To clasp the bosom that my soul adores,
    Lie heart to heart and merge my soul with yours
Apr 10, 2023 2:43 PM
Oct 2014
R3p_ca said:

it's both same day sub and dub
Apr 10, 2023 2:43 PM
Oct 2014
R3p_ca said:
Rimusimp said:

I'm assuming u watch it on WCOfun? possibly
Apr 10, 2023 2:58 PM
Jul 2014
R3p_ca said:
Rimusimp said:

CR had day 1 dub, which is a good thing. But if you really want to watch it in sub instead, just select that in the video settings, or in your default languages.
Apr 10, 2023 3:22 PM

Oct 2015
I've been waiting for this adaptation since it was announced and the first trailer was released. Contrary to other romance manhwa animations that are in progress, the first impression regarding the animation is that they are trying to keep the style of the original work. No wonder why: the art is so beautiful and attractive that anyone would be charmed by first look. In this first chapter, there are no aspects of the animation that should be highlighted, but I would say that there are no complains neither. The key point of the anime is the art, not amazing animated scenes that would surprise us with the quality.
Regarding the VAs and the music, I gotta say that I love all of them. Both the opening and ending are beautiful songs that fit perfectly with the theme of the story. Moreover, the VAs had done a wonderful work characterizing Raeliana and the Duque. This opinion might be biased, but I cannot love more the voice chosen for Noah.
The first chapter seems promising regarding what we are going to see on the adaptation, so I hope that the quality and the expectations would be maintained through time.

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kanojo ga Koushaku-tei ni Itta Riyuu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 15, 2023

80 by MeguriRapture »»
Oct 12, 8:42 PM

» more anime/manga/manwha like this?

Kitsune_089 - Oct 8

22 by Kalidechicle »»
Oct 12, 8:37 PM

Poll: » Kanojo ga Koushaku-tei ni Itta Riyuu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2023

96 by MaahHeim »»
Oct 9, 3:39 PM

Poll: » Kanojo ga Koushaku-tei ni Itta Riyuu Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 8, 2023

61 by MaahHeim »»
Oct 9, 12:31 AM

Poll: » Kanojo ga Koushaku-tei ni Itta Riyuu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2023

51 by WolfWood37 »»
Sep 16, 12:45 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.