Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 5, 2023 9:33 AM

Nov 2011
Imo, this episode's lived up to its hype. Facing off against a captain isn't easy but gotta admire Michi's determination. It seems her friends were impressed by what they saw too.

Feels like Michi is the peak of her abilities or reaching it. 
Feb 5, 2023 10:23 AM

Apr 2016
After the match of Towa and Erika the referee was like, "Ehh, girls ? Can you like, move on the side and have this emotional moment over there, we have another match starting soon, thank you". Now, the tournament may be lost for the aoba west girls, but they certainly showed their qualities for the future.
Feb 5, 2023 10:28 AM

Feb 2017
Dropped. She was winning, just win? Don't try to get fancy and lose at the last second when you can just defend and not waste your teammate's hard work
Feb 5, 2023 11:20 AM

Mar 2021
Nice episode have to admire Michi's determination to never give up especially when her friends are cheering her on, they might have lost the tournament but the girls will just get more strong for the next one
Feb 5, 2023 12:53 PM
Jan 2021
Loved this episode. I'm finding the character designs and animation very comfy. This anime continues to be my feel-good show for the season.
I can't believe Nagumo-chan is dropping Kendo! 
Feb 5, 2023 3:05 PM
Nov 2021
This episode made me drop the show. Could easily have won the match, but ofcourse she had to be a complete r*tard (and the other girls was just annoying af) and throw the match because she wanted a cool ending. This episode is a perfect example of why so many people hate sport series.
Feb 5, 2023 3:44 PM
Jul 2021
It is so refreshing to have an adult, flirtations and caring MC couple.
Feb 5, 2023 3:46 PM
Jul 2021
Wrong anime … and no note delete feature
Feb 5, 2023 4:51 PM

Dec 2013
Aww, Michi is just too impulsive, she had it in the bag but always wants to finish it fancy, it feels a bit as a waste for Anna to drop Kendo but she just wants to spend more time with Michi.
Feb 5, 2023 7:11 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Towa and Amane’s match was an epic one for sure, the resolution being an ippon and the two of them resolving their feud was great to see. But imo, the best match wasn’t even the title match, I think Michi and Ami’s match was absolutely blazing, some great moments there and the two were absolutely going at it. I know some folks were upset that Michi threw at the end but that wasn’t really what it was about to Michi, she wanted the ippon and gave it her all to get it, which sadly resulted in her loss but it was a fantastic match nonetheless, and I also think Michi losing there was fitting and we’ll see some nice growth from it.

And now that the first tournament is over we’re getting focus on Nagumo, I personally like her as a supporter and not a competitor and I think it would have been nice to see her maintain her friendship with Michi despite being in a different club, but it looks like she’s gonna end up joining the club which I did see coming. Thing is, does she not have friends in Kendo and does she not have a lot of passion for it? It just surprises me she’d drop something she’s been at for such a long time to be in a club with her best friend, but I do also understand where she’s coming from, because it may be more important to her to spend her Highschool years with Michi as much as she can than doing Kendo, looking forward to seeing where this goes. Also enjoyed the smell bit at the end lol, girls be freaky.
Feb 5, 2023 7:19 PM

Sep 2021
Another well-rounded episode! Towa and Erika finally managed to become friends again and everyone else joined them. I hope Erika's team will still get screentime in the future. Although they didn't make it to the nationals cause they didnt win the whole tournament, right? I didn't like the pacing on this. Same for the solo matches, as they were only mentioned. 

Michi has to fix her bad habits though. She's gotten strong, but Sanae and Towa shouldn't go that easy on her. I think the coach will scold her though. 
Feb 6, 2023 6:10 AM

Oct 2017
The moment Hiura won I kinda knew Michi was gonna lose but still that was a good match. The girls gave it their all. Also Nagumo thinking of quitting kendo? Is she gonna join them and do judo?
Feb 6, 2023 6:51 AM
๐ŸฅŠ CHAMPION ๐ŸฅŠ

Apr 2016
amazing revelation in the last seconds of the episode!!! kekeke
Feb 6, 2023 3:09 PM

Sep 2020
benren said:
Dropped. She was winning, just win? Don't try to get fancy and lose at the last second when you can just defend and not waste your teammate's hard work
let me get this straight, you dropped the show because something didn't happen that would completely go against Michi's overall character that we've come to know in the past five episodes. Nah you're just built different.

๐’ฎ๐‘œ๐“‚๐‘’๐“‰๐’พ๐“‚๐‘’๐“ˆ, ๐“Ž๐‘œ๐“Š ๐’ธ๐’ถ๐“ƒ'๐“‰ ๐“‚๐‘œ๐“‹๐‘’ ๐’ป๐‘œ๐“‡๐“Œ๐’ถ๐“‡๐’น ๐“Œ๐’พ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘œ๐“Š๐“‰ ๐’ธ๐“๐‘œ๐“ˆ๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘” ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐’น๐‘œ๐‘œ๐“‡ ๐’ท๐‘’๐’ฝ๐’พ๐“ƒ๐’น ๐“Ž๐‘œ๐“Š. - ๐‘…๐‘’๐’พ ๐’ฆ๐’พ๐“‡๐’พ๐“Ž๐’ถ๐“‚๐’ถ

Feb 6, 2023 6:25 PM

Jul 2016
Michi had her chance to shine yet goes and screws the team's first competition. Not to mention Towa's efforts.
Like come on, girl only needed to play defensive and lose time smh...
Feb 6, 2023 11:46 PM

Feb 2017
samsince04 said:
let me get this straight, you dropped the show because something didn't happen that would completely go against Michi's overall character that we've come to know in the past five episodes. Nah you're just built different.

I know, kinda crazy of me for thinking that she might have had some character development where she puts the team first over her own ippon-finish boner
Feb 7, 2023 3:38 AM

Sep 2020
benren said:
samsince04 said:

I know, kinda crazy of me for thinking that she might have had some character development where she puts the team first over her own ippon-finish boner
character development should happen after the character has learned something about themself through something major... Can't have character development if there are no scenes for the character to realize the need for it. That's literally one of the reasons most MCs in sports anime have an underdog story and mostly lose in the first real challenge. Regardless, I think it's a silly reason to drop a show.

๐’ฎ๐‘œ๐“‚๐‘’๐“‰๐’พ๐“‚๐‘’๐“ˆ, ๐“Ž๐‘œ๐“Š ๐’ธ๐’ถ๐“ƒ'๐“‰ ๐“‚๐‘œ๐“‹๐‘’ ๐’ป๐‘œ๐“‡๐“Œ๐’ถ๐“‡๐’น ๐“Œ๐’พ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘œ๐“Š๐“‰ ๐’ธ๐“๐‘œ๐“ˆ๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘” ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐’น๐‘œ๐‘œ๐“‡ ๐’ท๐‘’๐’ฝ๐’พ๐“ƒ๐’น ๐“Ž๐‘œ๐“Š. - ๐‘…๐‘’๐’พ ๐’ฆ๐’พ๐“‡๐’พ๐“Ž๐’ถ๐“‚๐’ถ

Feb 7, 2023 12:24 PM
Dec 2017
Nobody making any fuss about the sniffing fetish near the end of this episode? When Akebi and Erika met for the first time, half of geekdom wanted to burn all cell reels at the stake to purify anime world of such utter perversion.

On the other hand, Cow Ippon! animators are pretty brave to make a judo-themed series. I mean Putin will be angry if it ends up being junk. Well, he's already angry and if they fail him...
Feb 7, 2023 12:42 PM

Jul 2017
Towa's starting days in the judo being taught by Erika, the two former schoolmates facing off against each other in the match, with the former scoring an ippon, showcasing her immense growth. It;s time for Michi to take the W for Aoba West, and showing that she's not shouting out her moves show her immense focus within the 3 minutes of play. Yes, Michi might be aggressive, but she was THIS close to scoring an ippon, with Shiraishi winning it for Kasumigaoka at the last second. They tried hard for their first-ever match, win or lose, it's a good attempt, and a moment of awakening for Towa.

Back to school with midterms, and Michi finds herself struggling in studies and only remembering about Judo. For Anna, leading the school's Kendo team to Inter-High is an achievement in and of itself, But after realizing that she's comfortable in her own skin, the sudden proposition to change to Judo by quitting the Kendo Club, Anna's taking a huge risk here. How would the others react though?
Feb 8, 2023 6:12 AM

Sep 2020
Michi is so close getting a win, the atmosphere is so good, hope they can win next time.
Feb 8, 2023 1:08 PM

Mar 2015
I just wanted to say I'm LOVING this show, and I'm so sad that Michi didn't just "Floyd Mayweather" the last ten seconds of her match by just dancing around the mat. That's not our cute little Michi-chan's "Judo-Way" though, evidently....Naruto lovers, eat your heart out!
๐“™๐“พ๐“ผ๐“ฝ ๐“ช๐“ท ๐“ž๐“ฝ๐“ช๐“ด๐“พ ๐“ฏ๐“ป๐“ธ๐“ถ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ข๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ฌ๐“ด๐“ผ. ๐“ฆ๐“ช๐“ฝ๐“ฌ๐“ฑ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“๐“ท๐“ฒ๐“ถ๐“ฎ ๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ผ ๐“ด๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ญ๐“ช ๐“ซ๐“ฎ๐“ฌ๐“ธ๐“ถ๐“ฎ ๐“ช ๐”€๐“ช๐”‚ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐“›๐“ฒ๐“ฏ๐“ฎ ๐“ช๐“ฝ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฒ๐“ผ ๐“น๐“ธ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฝ.

"โ„๐•’๐•ง๐•– ๐•’ ๐”พ๐• ๐• ๐•• ๐”ป๐•’๐•ช!" - ๐•‚๐•–๐•ง๐•š๐•Ÿ ๐•Š๐•ฅ๐•ฃ๐•’๐•™๐•๐•–; ๐•ƒ๐”ธ ๐”น๐•–๐•’๐•ค๐•ฅ

Feb 11, 2023 9:09 AM

Oct 2008
Another satisfying ep!
Hiura still dominated against Amane!
too bad Sonoda lost the match but it was crazy balanced fight!
now here comes the complicated part! If Nagumo wants to quit Kendo in place for Juno...that's kinda loss investment for me, Nagumo is already on the Nationals level competing at the top...i would say that's a dumb plan because she wants to be with her true friends huh...
5/5.

Feb 11, 2023 3:50 PM

Nov 2011
As a Sports anime this is not that good. I mean all Michi had to do was just play Defense and they win. Play for the Logo on the front not the name on the back. Kinda felt weird how everyone just wanted her to keep attacking when they know thats not really her strong point.

Also add in Nagumo wanting to leave Kendo to hang out with her friends too. Idk just feels awkward.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Fall 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Feb 11, 2023 11:17 PM
Jan 2017
Am watching many shows this season. Ippon keeps hanging around the bottom of the list.
When I do watch it though, the spirit of the characters really grabs me.
Feb 12, 2023 6:32 AM

Nov 2013
more on the 2 girls flashback on how Erika made Towa into a judo monster lol
tho. she was still scared of anyone other than Erika, but with all that she practiced, she started to beat everyone

back to the fight, Towa went for the Ippon trick that Erika taught her, but it was a faint, then she tried to knock her to the opposite side... but Erika stopped it, but she didn't expect the next move... back to the 1st trick, this time it worked, IPPON!
with Towa win, they both cried and apologise for what happened before, and promise to meet in some other tournament, rivals forever lol

with 1-1, the next match decides the winner team, Michi finally can show off
Michi is fired up, and Anna cheering in her own way "you better win or you will change clubs" lols

Michi giving her 100% focus, not doing stupid stuff like screaming names, she can't afford to lose when her team depends on her

the 3rd opponent likes to grab sleeves, which irritates her enemies since it means they can't attack properly, leading them to do mistakes
right away, Michi did a mistake, trying to make the opponent fall, but got countered and barely escaped an Ippon lol
the opponent keeps getting good ippon attempts, and while Michi escaped them all, it's looking like a one sided fight ... which leaves Sanae with her hands on her head lolol
Michi somehow managed to get a point

while the 2 are worried, Anna keeps cheering out (probably with bad ideas), which makes Michi go on the attack, and she managed to do an Ippon(?), but it didn't count since they were out of the field, damn it
11 seconds left, if Michi lets the time run, she wins... but ofc, they want to win with an ippon ... and at the last second, the opponent does an ippon on Michi, rip
while they were sad for losng, they also knew she had fun, so it's ok, there's always more tournaments, they are still 1st years

next, a little cheer for Anna's fight, ippon ippon! lol

Erika's team placed 3rd, and now it's time to leave, but not without Michi talking to the girls by first name, now there's someone who doesn't have a problem with 1st names lol Midoriko tho, cute
seeing all them in the train was nice too

next, the boring part, studying, and Michi's head is about to explode
the other 3 are good at it tho, 2 of them have basically max grades, while Anna was a student council pres

changing subjects, Erika got 1st place, yay
they keep saying how good the kendo club did, so i imagine they got 1st too
that being said, Anna really wants to be part of the girl's group, i'm sure she isn't having much fun while the other 3 just keep laughing all day

there's a ton of medals in Anna's wall, i wonder how many are from her and how many are from her father
yep, Anna got to go to nationals now, sasuga ace
LMAO her father wanted to have fun with her, but she just decided to go with Michi, rip papa
that's a really cute photo with Michi

getting to school, Anna is sleepy as hell, and finds Michi doing some practice, and decides to scare her by imitating the teacher lols that being said, they both want some exercise, as that will help them clear their heads before the exams

smelling the glove, it stinks at national's level LOL but that's just proof of how much work Anna's put into it
Michi's climbing that rope while talking about the future plans for the judo club, and Anna shaking that rope to get her attention, and there it is, "if i said i want to quit kendo, what would you think?"
yep, she probably wants to join the judo club, but now, will she at least play inter-high? and judo club can only have 3 members in tournaments (unless this last one was different...i wouldn't know), so having her will make someone not able to play, that kinda hurts lol
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Feb 24, 2023 4:26 PM

Apr 2010
This anime is a hidden gem, I don't understand why the score is so low.
But who am I to judge cuz I dropped that boring sheit of vinland saga mid first season
Mar 26, 2023 8:45 AM
Feb 2016
Como no se permite dejar una puntación si dejar un comentario, pondré un comentario generico.
Me gusta mucho este anime.

Aug 14, 2023 4:26 AM
Des31

Oct 2020
Well well another useless big mouthed mc again
Oct 31, 2023 1:19 AM
May 2023
Another great episode, I just hope that wasn't all from the revelry.

More topics from this board

» Please help me find this very brief scene (episode unknown)

seasons - Sep 20

3 by seasons »»
Sep 28, 2:17 PM

Poll: » Mou Ippon! Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2023

47 by knktzvra »»
Sep 5, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Mou Ippon! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 15, 2023

50 by smemorato »»
Jun 22, 4:33 AM

Poll: » Mou Ippon! Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 22, 2023

26 by Seabury »»
Mar 6, 5:49 PM

Poll: » Mou Ippon! Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2023

18 by Animes_never_die »»
Oct 17, 2023 5:23 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.