Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sugar Apple Fairy Tale (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 13, 2023 4:57 AM

Nov 2011
Anne is somehwat of a daredevil imo, not afraid to take risks. Perhaps she should be careful who to trust in though.

And not going to lie, but that small fairy is bringing out a lot of energy and personality into the story. I'm hoping we'll get to see how they interact with humans more and more from now on. Shall continues to show his attitude with his sarcasm. Curious to see how much he'll change this season.
Stark700Jan 13, 2023 6:20 AM
Jan 13, 2023 5:05 AM

Mar 2013
Another sweet episode...
I can't get enough of her voice....
I wonder why...
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jan 13, 2023 7:17 AM

Jun 2017
I want more of Anne and Shall, these two were by far the best parts of the episode.
Signature.
Jan 13, 2023 7:28 AM

Mar 2020
Aesthetics continue to look good, and Shall is quite entertaining to watch, but not much to say this episode, aside from the fact that Rie Takahashi is voicing Mythrill? That's some voice range, from Tomo this season, to Mythrill, is quite something.
Jan 13, 2023 7:41 AM

Nov 2016
Inb4 Myhtril Lid Pod comes clutch with drops or buckets of water.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 13, 2023 7:41 AM

Jan 2017
That was a cute episode, I like that small fairy a lot. I'm just hoping Jonas will get a hint at some point because he is already getting on my nerves...
Looking forward to the next episode!
Jan 13, 2023 7:45 AM

Jul 2022
Fun fairy development in this episode, and sweet romance. Mythrill enlivened things and was a decent vehicle to help with the storytelling. Not a bad way to wake up this morning!
Jan 13, 2023 9:17 AM
Jul 2018
This is one of those shows where the episode ends and I'm upset because I wanted more! And that's a good thing. It's great to have a nice shoujo this season. I like everything about it - the fantasy elements, the art, music, and aesthetics, and of course the ikemen Challe! What's not to love! I like Sugar Apple Fairy Tale so much I might even read the light novels, and I've hardly ever felt inspired to read an LN before.
Jan 13, 2023 9:26 AM
Jul 2018
mirotear said:
That was a cute episode, I like that small fairy a lot. I'm just hoping Jonas will get a hint at some point because he is already getting on my nerves...
Looking forward to the next episode!
Zoro comments indicate he's already the most hated character of the show lol
Jan 13, 2023 9:33 AM

Feb 2019
LETS GOOO it’s time for the second best anime of the season.

Liked this episode even better than the first which is saying something. I absolutely love how pure Anne is, she has to be protected at all costs. Learning about the origin of fairies was cool. Being born from an object is really neat. I feel bad for Jonas though. As much as I’d love a romance triangle, it’s already over, Challe’s won lol. I respect that he hasn’t given up and really wants to convince Anne.

Looking forward to finding more out about Challe tho. He must have had a really nice human companion in the past based on the flashbacks from episode 1.

And I just found out this is an LN, had no idea. We WILL be reading. Love this trend of female aimed LNs we’ve been getting the last two seasons.
Marinate1016Jan 13, 2023 9:40 AM
Jan 13, 2023 10:15 AM

Feb 2022
This episode didn't really expand much on the journey so it was a bit boring, I do like the idea though so I'm going to watch more to see where this goes once they reach a town. Wish it didn't shy away from showing some animation for the one action scene.

How fairies are made was interesting to learn, it leaves the world open to a lot of different types we might see.
Jan 13, 2023 11:08 AM

May 2017
I love how the fairies keep telling her to refer to their full names because they don't typically shorten them, and she does anyway.... pretty colonial behaviour if I do say so myself.

I remember seeing a Ticktok where a foreigner from somewhere like South America was working in New Zealand. in New Zealand they shorten pretty much everyone's names to a nickname, but it just didn't feel right to this guy, it was almost like the white folks around him were refusing to learn his real name only because it was difficult to pronounce. When another foreigner started working there, he made it a point to ask what their full name was, and he was the only person there who would call them that on the regular, and it was kind of a bonding thing. I see how it can be so important to someone to have other people call them by the name that identify as, because a nickname might not feel super comfortable, especially if it's a cultural name. Not everyone wants to have their name shortened by others just because its hard for the people around them to pronounce. Like, make the effort to make people feel like they're important.

That's kind of where my mind went everytime Anne shortens Shalle fen Shalle's name, or Mithral Lid Pod. Fucking weird names by the way lol seems really hard for the Japanese VA to pronounce 😆
Jan 13, 2023 11:29 AM

Dec 2013
This show is too comfy and enjoyable, episode was over in a flash, Anne is too kind for her own good.
Jan 13, 2023 2:29 PM

Jul 2022
Haven't enjoyed a shoujo for some time now.

I like how Anne treated the fairies so nicely without even knowing much about them. She definitely puts a lot of trust in them.
Kek

Jan 13, 2023 2:59 PM

May 2015
This is so lovely. Really enjoyed the episode, hope for more interactions between Shall and Ann.
Jan 13, 2023 3:08 PM
Aug 2019
nada especial pero tranquilito
Jan 13, 2023 4:21 PM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
Takahashi Rie as Mithril is just.. chef's kiss.

This episode went by too quick, even though it's slow for the LN. I guess the season is on pace to finish with the first volume of the LN
Jan 13, 2023 4:34 PM
Personified

Sep 2022
Once again this anime is getting me hooked on even more. Mythrill was a little annoying at the start but im starting to get used to him. Also when will Jonas take a hint that she isn't into him lol. Shall getting more and more smooth and sick as the episodes roll along. 

Can't wait for the next episode to come!!

Jan 13, 2023 4:35 PM
Aug 2020
After 2 épisodes, i like this show for the moment, the episode was cool
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jan 13, 2023 6:45 PM

Apr 2015
This show is very comfy
Jan 13, 2023 7:01 PM

May 2019
Flustered Anne such a magnificent thing to see, also Challe seems like enjoying his journey heh... anyway looking forward to next!
Jan 13, 2023 7:18 PM
May 2021
Shall or Challe? Which do you prefer?
Jan 13, 2023 10:24 PM
Jan 2022
The anticipation is reallllllll. Sucks the next ep isn't until another whole week.
Have a feeling this anime will be good!(:
Jan 14, 2023 12:41 AM
Jul 2022
I wished the episode lasted longer so I could've seen Anne make a sugar confection :(
Jan 14, 2023 2:53 AM
Aug 2022
As I was watching this episode I kept thinking about the criticisms I've heard of this show, mainly the "why doesn't he just take his wing back and run away" argument. I don't know if it's just me, but isn't it very obvious that he simply doesn't want to. I wouldn't go as far as to call him a Tsundere, but we're definitely dealing with a "I respect you but don't want to show it" situation.

Anyways, regardless of that I've gotta say I'm quite enjoying the show, I like the art, the vibe and the characters for the most part. I'm really curious how much of the plot will actually revolve around the candy-making, since we haven't seen much of that yet, but what we have has looked great so I'm excited for the things to come!

Jan 14, 2023 2:54 AM

Sep 2010
Wow, maybe Mythrill is secretly grateful that Anne saved his life. Wonder if he will ever admit it. lol
I wonder who the little girl was. Don't tell me that could have been Anne's mother.

"to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -a magnet
Jan 14, 2023 4:45 AM

Jun 2016
i dunno why man !!! this show is so good !!
never bored watch ann !!
Jan 14, 2023 6:05 AM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
Anime is so sweet i want to melt. haha.
Yeah i mean the story is just that they try to go to the next town, but it is just good to see them together.
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Jan 14, 2023 6:06 AM

Mar 2013
Great Episode! Loved that we got to see Mythrill again :) he's so cute!! 

Can't wait till we see more of Shall's past 👀 

Jonas is getting on every last of my nerves though, hope we either won't see much more of him or he will start changing his Attitude soon. 
"You think your power has limits, I say it's limitless."

Jan 14, 2023 8:26 AM

Sep 2020
Characters besides the main two are kind of annoying, they'll probably reach the town in the next episode.
Jan 14, 2023 9:45 AM

May 2015
Pretty chilly anime that I needed.
Jan 14, 2023 11:10 AM

Jan 2021
Mythrill is so cute. He was as chatty as I expected him to be :D it really made the atmosphere more lively and fun ♡

"The Sugar Apple is the Tree of Betrayal" hm~ can't wait to see what this betrayal means.

Jan 14, 2023 12:37 PM

Dec 2016
I may be mistaken, but I’m pretty sure Crunchyroll's subs changed the writing of the warrior fairy's name from Shall (in eps 1) to Challe (in this eps).  Kind of odd, but I’m guessing that Challe is more official (?) and I guess it looks better that Shall. 

Not a bad episode, but something feels off and less than satisfying to me… though I can’t quite put my finger on what it is.  Maybe it’s the overly happy OP… dunno…
Jan 14, 2023 12:54 PM

Dec 2016
Just thought of another thing…. I guess I was mistakenly assuming that if a fairy got their 2nd wing back, they could somehow magically reattach it. Based on the small fairy who's now wearing his 2nd wing as a scarf (which I must say is kind of dark and disturbing), I guess that isn’t possible.  A bit unsettling thing in such a otherwise cheery show. 
Jan 14, 2023 2:11 PM

Apr 2012
Not sure if I'm watching this because I think it's actually going to be good, or just because we've been so starved of shoujo fantasy is the past, well, couple of decades. It's certainly not bad, at least.
Jan 14, 2023 3:51 PM

Nov 2017
Dammit Jonas... Looks like Anne get's 2 fairies to travel with. I like it! Ending at the doctor's inn.
Looks like a really nice and cozy place to stay, though those guys at the table spell trouble on their faces..
Can't get enough of the beautiful colors though, especially in the OP/ED 🤗

plz @ me
Jan 14, 2023 5:39 PM
Mar 2022
o desenvolvimento da historia esta muito bom
Jan 14, 2023 7:15 PM

Aug 2019
Perfect anime to wind down and just relax :D
Jan 14, 2023 9:03 PM

Sep 2017
LaPokota said:
Just thought of another thing…. I guess I was mistakenly assuming that if a fairy got their 2nd wing back, they could somehow magically reattach it. Based on the small fairy who's now wearing his 2nd wing as a scarf (which I must say is kind of dark and disturbing), I guess that isn’t possible.  A bit unsettling thing in such a otherwise cheery show. 

I noticed that too. I was wondering why in the world he didn’t attach the wing back. You’d think if fairies could make drops of water or swords or other things out of nothing, you could reattach your own wing.

I kind of wish they would explain that
I wish more people watched Chobits.
Jan 14, 2023 11:16 PM

Sep 2018
The person who was there when Shall was born has to be some relative of the girl, would explain why he isn't as forceful as he probably would/should be. Would also explain some of the more nuanced scenes. Isn't he 70 plus years old, or I might be mixing the ages up with another character in a different anime? Maybe Grandmother. 
Jan 14, 2023 11:35 PM

Jul 2017
Jonas finding Anne in the bandit situation with Challe, he's so adamant on his love towards her that she finds it a mistake that he pities on her. Worse still, Jonas just will not let go of the Scarecrow, even if he has business in the same town as her. Fairies eat by absorbing food, though silver sugar is something that can be tasted. The mysterious entity being the fairy from earlier, Mithril Lid Pod, coming to repay Anne's favour, he's quickly becoming a nuisance.

The road trip to Lewiston, and Anne's worries grow by the day. Especially since this is the Bloody Highway, the horde of crows come pecking at their prey, and while Challe subdued them all, this sets them back time to reach their destination. Setting bak at the doctor's inn for now, and a familiar face.

The adventures keep on trucking.
Jan 15, 2023 3:54 AM

Sep 2020
I would have enjoyed this anime more if Anne's age was around 25 instead of 15.
Jan 15, 2023 8:32 AM

Nov 2013
Jonas, the guy who likes her joined the journey, not sure how i feel about that, i just wanna see her interacting with Challe, please make him leave lol

"you aren't the kind of person who should be in a dangerous place like this"
says the girl like she isn't the same

i like how the fairy keeps telling her to be rough with him, knowing she has no intention of doing that

lmao Ann is mad about the little fairy not wanting her food

oh, fairies don't eat, they just absorb, interesting
Ann is proud about being a sugar artisan :D let's see if Chale likes it

i expected it to be the little fairy when she went to the carriage lol i like how he scared Ann and she hit him, sending him to "lowlife" Challe
he will never say ty to a human, he will simply return the favor, that cute

Ann rolling on the floor was funny

LMFAO he didn't let them sleep and then just slept himself, what a troll LOL

that's a lot of crows
as a scarecraw, she should scare them away LOL
Ann learning how to command Challe, lol she is a good actress

Challe obliterated them without much effort huh?
i like how the feathers were flying around him, made for a nice shot
he caught Ann from falling, how romantic :D lol would be funny if she requested some extra service

uff they reach the place to stay... just in time, there's a nice bed and food

i wonder, she said doctor places are the safest to stay after forts... but in forts they are alone and probably anyone can enter, while in that doctor place they even had a gate... which one is safer?
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Jan 15, 2023 4:56 PM

Jun 2014
I loved episode 01 so much that I had to go read the 2 mangas and the Light Novel (couldn't wait for episode 02). The older manga which is shoujo has only 2 volumes and follows the story of the 1st volume of the Light Novel. The newer manga which is seinen(?why?) looks like it will continue longer (I read only 2 chapters which were translated, but I looked at the raws of other 10 chapters). The older manga and the Light Novel have the same character designs as the anime, I love those character designs. <3 The newer manga has different character designs(?why?), and I don't like them. But I'll have to read it since the anime will surely not adapt all of the Light Novel (which has 17 volumes), even if it gets a 2nd season. So I will have to read the Light Novel and the newer manga (can you release them faster, Yen Press? T__T).

Anyway, about episode 02.

They changed Shall's name into Challe, which is also how it's written in the Light Novel and newer manga which are both released by Yen Press. I hope it's how the LN author wants the name to be spelled, and not Yen Press's idea of spelling it.

Art looks less pretty than in episode 01. :-/ Especially Anne's and Challe's hair. They forgot to draw the strings of the little pouch which she wears around her neck, I haven't seen it at all in the 2nd episode. :-/ Mythril's wing which was torn off and which he wears around his neck like a scarf is a different shade of blue than his other wing and doesn't look see-through. :-/

Jonas and Cathy are annoying (their personalities). Mythril is annoying too (but in a "he's too loud" kind of way).

Anne tries to make Jonas go back home and says to him he's not the sort of person who should be doing dangerous things in such a place (meaning: he has a family who will miss him if he dies and he is a heir to a sugar confections shop).

Challe makes a point how he will not do anything if he is not forced to do it (by giving him an order and threatening his wing). Challe becoming a little interested in Anne, by asking where is her mother (meaning: why is she travelling alone on such a dangerous road since she is only 15).  We find out that Anne's mom died only 2 weeks earlier and why Anne wants to become a Silver Sugar Master. She is such a sweet girl. <3 At the Doctor's Inn there are 2 other guests staying, who might they be? Also next episode's title, gasp, what betrayal? Let's find out.
SailorVekiJan 15, 2023 5:05 PM
Waiting for Gundam SEED Movie..... (ಥ‿ಥ)

Waiting for Sailor Moon Cosmos..... o(≧▽≦)o
Jan 15, 2023 7:01 PM
Feb 2021
I sympathized I would say
Jan 17, 2023 12:05 PM
Oct 2020
getting interesting.
love shall fen shall.
Jan 18, 2023 2:54 AM
Nov 2020
I am really enjoying this series. It’s not what I was expecting in a good way 😆 I’m really excited to see more.
Jan 18, 2023 1:01 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Some half-baked characters have joined in on the journey and have kind of gotten in the way of the dynamic between our 70+ year old fairy and 15 year old girl, a girl who literally got squirted on by a little boy today

Ann is in surprisingly good spirits for someone whose mother died just two weeks prior, or maybe she has just been really good at hiding it.

NYANPASU
whiskey tango foxtrot

Jan 18, 2023 6:13 PM
Oct 2014
I thought episode 1 was rather dull but episode 2 was a lot better with the addition of 3 new party members (4 if you count the horse who doesn't really do anything). I like Mithrill and Cathy a lot.
Jan 19, 2023 7:52 PM
Oct 2022
Hold on... is this a reverse harem?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sugar Apple Fairy Tale Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2023

167 by HyperV »»
Aug 16, 10:29 AM

Poll: » Sugar Apple Fairy Tale Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2023

89 by HyperV »»
Aug 16, 7:43 AM

Poll: » Sugar Apple Fairy Tale Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 6, 2023

127 by sunshine_inpiece »»
Mar 29, 6:27 AM

» Unpopular opinion: I’m gonna defend Bridget >3

AngelMilky_15 - Jul 17, 2023

14 by zaverix »»
Mar 5, 7:16 AM

Poll: » Sugar Apple Fairy Tale Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2023

46 by Beweya »»
Dec 6, 2023 10:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.