Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
BAKI
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 4, 2020 2:07 PM

Feb 2019
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
And that's the final episode, seems most of the previous season's characters are reawakening which probably means there's probably going to be a sequel (at least I hope there will be). Anyways great season.
Jun 4, 2020 9:41 PM
Feb 2020
It's sad to see that this season only got 13 episodes and not 24. Hopefully there will be sequel soon
Jun 5, 2020 12:25 AM

Apr 2014
Synchronicity makes a comeback. Hopefully they adapt Revenge Tokyo soon!
Jun 5, 2020 3:17 PM

Apr 2014
so the people from last season is coming back and stronger

with that said it really sucks to only have 13 eps i can only hope they split the eps or something and will release more really soon

but yeah this was great but really gotta say JR was a joke lol but it was expected but hey at least he got the girl? which if so is fine as it seems like Baki is done with her anyway

anyway looking forward to more anime to come again im hopeing more eps comes this year or something i just want more anime soon
"one step at a time"
Jun 5, 2020 3:43 PM

Feb 2019
DazeFire said:

but yeah this was great but really gotta say JR was a joke lol but it was expected but hey at least he got the girl?

This is a spoiler from the next manga "Hanma Baki"

Also, I'm a bit confused about Tokyo Revenge as the manga for it is five one-shots, one on each convict but these were all in episode 13
Jun 5, 2020 5:22 PM

Nov 2016
Set up with some recap for the final episode, was pretty intense, tho.

The death row convicts are back and their displayed feats are seriously beyond comprehension. Love it when this series is going totally nuts and you don't know whether to laugh or to get pumped.

Favorite season of Baki so far and I'm hyped for the next arc.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 6, 2020 6:20 AM

Aug 2011
kinda weird to do Revenge Tokyo as the last episode because it makes it seem like the inmates are coming back next season, when actually the following arcs have nothing to do with them. I'd have preferred if they did it after episode 8, right after the tournament, so the final episode sets up Baki vs Yujiro. But overall this season was even better than the last one, they reduced the CGI, there was no dragging in the pacing and the fights were predictably excellent despite being unpredictable.
Jun 6, 2020 7:57 AM

Jun 2020
I already wait for the third season, although after the first I thought there would be no continuation, this season makes it more than obvious. I want to see the death row inmates fight again!
Sometimes otakus are rejected by society, so I discovered that it is much better to be an
otaku in secret.
Jun 7, 2020 3:42 AM

May 2012
Alright this sure was a nice followup from the first season, this last episode was more of a inbetween side story but a very interesting one nonetheless and I sure am looking forwards to see what they'll do next with this series.

The actual end of this season ended with a proper end in the 12th episode but nonetheless a really nice third part of this story and really looking forwards to see what happens next!
Jun 8, 2020 1:21 PM
Apr 2015
DazeFire said:
so the people from last season is coming back and stronger

with that said it really sucks to only have 13 eps i can only hope they split the eps or something and will release more really soon

but yeah this was great but really gotta say JR was a joke lol but it was expected but hey at least he got the girl? which if so is fine as it seems like Baki is done with her anyway

anyway looking forward to more anime to come again im hopeing more eps comes this year or something i just want more anime soon

Kozue will stay with baki
Jun 8, 2020 3:02 PM
Aug 2017
What chapter from the manga did the anime leave off at?
Jun 8, 2020 3:07 PM

Feb 2019
Z3R0215 said:
What chapter from the manga did the anime leave off at?

It ended at that last chapter of the Baki: New Grappler Baki manga so start at the sequel Hanma Baki
Jun 12, 2020 2:45 PM

Jul 2010
dipItFooJun 14, 2020 11:01 PM
Jun 12, 2020 2:46 PM

Feb 2019
Berserkerhealer said:

Unfortunately, that is ages away
dipItFooJun 14, 2020 11:02 PM
Jun 13, 2020 12:04 AM

Aug 2017
MrDucky1231 said:
DazeFire said:

but yeah this was great but really gotta say JR was a joke lol but it was expected but hey at least he got the girl?

Also, I'm a bit confused about Tokyo Revenge as the manga for it is five one-shots, one on each convict but these were all in episode 13

Thank you for the spoiler! and here i thought I will hate kazoue for being unfaithful to Baki!

Jun 13, 2020 12:05 AM

Aug 2017
MrDucky1231 said:
DazeFire said:

Thank you for the spoiler! and here i thought I will hate kazoue for being unfaithful to Baki!

Jun 13, 2020 8:14 PM

Jul 2013
Well it looks like there's gonna be another sequel and it's those death row convicts again. Tell me why those fuckers are still not dead? What the fuck are they waiting for? And I thought Doyle is a changed man turns out mofo just went and lost his goddamn mind cause now he's not only blind but deaf as well. Anyways, good show I'm up for the next

Jun 14, 2020 3:17 PM

Jul 2016
Guess they are running out of ideas and have to re-use death row dudes... Oh well
Jun 19, 2020 9:39 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The second arc of this was a complete and utter CF. Just terrible. Junior was a waste of a character and the whole NTR thing wirh Kozue was plain weird and unnecessary.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 21, 2020 4:02 PM

May 2014
It's so annoying that they set up the fight with Ali Jr and it came to nothing. I mean what's the point of doing that?
I guess Baki is so ungodly strong now that all we can do is watch other characters fight with each other over and over again until he fights Yujiro. And we know the anime has to end when he achieves that.
I've been here way too long...
Jun 22, 2020 7:03 AM

Nov 2012
Ah damn I thought we would see Baki Vs Yujiro but guess that confirms there will be another season with the return of the death row inmates (which I was not expecting at all) and hopefully the Yujiro fight too as the stage is now set for that !
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Jun 22, 2020 4:54 PM
Aug 2017
Ohkaaaaay, so are we gonna see Baki vs Yujiro or its gonna be a part two of these Prisoners.
Jun 25, 2020 12:29 PM

Dec 2015
Interesting. I wonder how this will continue. Baki fighting his father and losing and then the prisoners coming back to make hime stronger (when he trains while beating them)?

I guess we'll also see a lot of other chars in action again if they also fight against the prisoners.

Might get besser - and I hope it will be animated as well.

Alai could fit in there - as someone helping and "training" with the others while fighting those prisoners.

I stay with 8/10 - same score I gave to the other major arcs (only the 1 episode OVA/specials I scored lower). Though this was one of the weaker 8s ... this one and the oldest season 2.

Underground Tournament arc (old series season 2) and the last season (first appearence of the prisoners) were the most fun seasons to watch.
Jun 28, 2020 3:49 PM

Oct 2014
Not gonna lie I had no idea about the revenge Tokyo oneshots. This entire last episode felt so out of the blue for me. I remember seeing people posting about how cool Doyle was after losing his sight but could never find the chapter. I've read the entire manga save for a few untranslated oneshots. Episode 12 serves as the leadup into next season. The sequel will not feature death row inmates at all, to quote the summary for "Hanma Baki: Son of Ogre" "Baki prepares to fight his father". I won't give any specifics, let's just say the projection of his father that made the whole cast gasp is quite integral.

I really hope they do actually adapt Son of Ogre because it has a lot of the best damn arcs in the series

Overall I am happy this series is a thing because it gets more people into one of my favorite manga. But the anime feels like it speeds through the material and misses some of the nuance. With the whole tacking on the Tokyo revenge story it feels like they are trying to copy David Productions style of doing things. Where they bring in plot points from material made after the original story in order to make a cohesive concise plot. But in this case it has actively confused people and made them hope for something that just isn't gonna happen. Again happy to see this series made, but a bit of a hiccup in adaptation.
Jun 29, 2020 2:40 PM

Jan 2013
Arzoden said:
Guess they are running out of ideas and have to re-use death row dudes... Oh well

It ridiculous lol...You have to be brain dead to see past the many common sense plot holes. It's almost as if this was written by a 6 year old.
Jun 30, 2020 10:24 PM

Oct 2014
Vooo said:
Arzoden said:

It ridiculous lol...You have to be brain dead to see past the many common sense plot holes. It's almost as if this was written by a 6 year old.

It's almost like you have to be brain dead to not read all the comments stating that this episode is based on a one shot manga that has nothing to do with the actual plot of the show. But you know that would actually require you to do this strange thing and read.

To add to this you have to be very new to the anime scene to not realize that the majority of anime aren't originals and are based on manga or light novels. In this case a manga that has another 3 entire series after this season. So there is a lot of shit to adapt.
rednekdashieJun 30, 2020 10:27 PM
Jul 2, 2020 9:41 AM

Jan 2013
rednekdashie said:
Vooo said:

It's almost like you have to be brain dead to not read all the comments stating that this episode is based on a one shot manga that has nothing to do with the actual plot of the show. But you know that would actually require you to do this strange thing and read.

To add to this you have to be very new to the anime scene to not realize that the majority of anime aren't originals and are based on manga or light novels. In this case a manga that has another 3 entire series after this season. So there is a lot of shit to adapt.

I take it you are the 6 year old audience it caters to since you can't respect other opinions and generalize on the posters background (you can click my profile to see smarty pants). Don't mention manga in an anime thread.
Jul 4, 2020 6:14 PM

Jul 2016
Vooo said:
Arzoden said:

Are you talking about my comment or The the anime season?
Jul 4, 2020 10:48 PM

Oct 2014
Vooo said:
rednekdashie said:

I take it you are the 6 year old audience it caters to since you can't respect other opinions and generalize on the posters background (you can click my profile to see smarty pants). Don't mention manga in an anime thread.

Don't mention manga in an anime thread.... Are you fucking high. That is like saying don't talk about anime in an anime thread. This anime wouldn't exist if it wasn't for the 40 year old manga. It is intrinsically linked. That would be like seeing a movie based on a book and not talking about the original source material.

I also like how you try to say a show is meant for 6 year olds when it has more gore than most rated R Hollywood films. Your goal is to insult someone's intelligence but all you have done is shown your lack of skill in even coming up with insults. Maybe before insulting someone based on their taste in shows and trying to say your taste makes you smarter, you should reevaluate how entirely farcical that argument is. People are entitled to like what they want and it doesn't say anything about them personally other than that they like it. Baki is a big dumb show about endless fighting, that happens to actually take queues from real life martial arts. Sorry for enjoying combat sports and thus adoring the very few combat sports and martial arts anime that exist. Guess I committed a thought crime by enjoying something different from your own entirely niche tastes.
Jul 11, 2020 4:21 AM

May 2018
I wonder why they had to adapt this one-shot. iirc these guys won't appear in the story anymore.
I just really hope we don't get the whole filler season instead of Prison and Pickle arcs.
Nemo_NiemandJul 11, 2020 5:30 AM
Jul 17, 2020 1:07 AM

Aug 2013
LOL. Are they really hyping up the Convicts again? The same convicts who spent an entire season getting their asses kicked like little bitches by every character in the show?

I realize it's a one shot, but still. Why even include it at all then if it's not gonna be followed up on? At this point I'm just waiting for the Baki Vs Yujiro fight since nothing else in this garbage series is worthwhile at all
Jul 18, 2020 1:57 AM
Sep 2018
FMmatron said:
Love it when this series is going totally nuts and you don't know whether to laugh or to get pumped.

This is Baki in a nutshell for me.
That's why, unlike some people, I loved Ali Jr's plot development in last episodes. It's convicts situation all over again - somebody hyped to be super good get trashed by main cast. The fact that he beat them in previous episodes made it even more absurd and enjoyable.

Taking Baki seriously is something I'll never understand.

Can't wait foe 3rd season with convicts again. Btw, Sikorsky was reading Brothers Karamazov in his cell... some great taste here.
SvenFromSkyrimJul 18, 2020 2:03 AM
Jul 18, 2020 4:54 AM

Feb 2009
meh, they should have made the convicts revenge arc a movie or a special, cause dedicating it like 12-13 episodes to something that is irrelevant to the main storyline is retarded, specially if they don't even appear again. waste of time and money, they could have animated the next manga arc, instead we get filler time.
Aug 14, 2020 5:49 PM

May 2015
The convicts are bake in action. Seems more like foreshadowing, but I'm up for whatever baki throws next.

I think it was a pretty good series overall.
Aug 16, 2020 12:18 PM
Sep 2018
Just wtf where is the fight of Baki and Yujiro ??? A really bad end. We don't even see Baki, we haven't heard from him or his girlfriend. I really think the ending sucks.
Aug 22, 2020 10:06 AM

Jul 2015
Quite ominous end of the series with synchronicity striking again by Yanagi having escaped and probably strengtening himself and basically all the other convicts training themselves too. Pretty good follow up season but I'm really disappointed in the Mohammed Alai Jr arc as that felt completely pointless by what I guess was to show top sportsman are no match against the true monsters in the underground world.

Sep 3, 2020 5:05 AM

May 2019
Ali arc story is really very trash, makes Ali's character so bad and beaten sadly, and Ali Jr likes Kozue? wtf this story, very silly and stupid for me to make Ali jr like Kozue. The creator shouldn't have included real-world characters in the story and made Ali's image goofy and stupid.
The author is very biased with Japan
btw I like the Raitei arc tournament tho
"the greatest anime fight"

Sep 18, 2020 2:13 AM
Jun 2016
iTwiXix said:
Just wtf where is the fight of Baki and Yujiro ??? A really bad end. We don't even see Baki, we haven't heard from him or his girlfriend. I really think the ending sucks.

https://mrkzgulfup.com/uploads/160041987568261.jpg
Sep 27, 2020 1:23 PM

Feb 2013
Damn, no Yujiro vs Baki fight.
Sep 28, 2020 9:26 AM
πŸ₯Š CHAMPION πŸ₯Š

Apr 2016
Nice season and the third season will be more spectacular!!! kekeke
Mar 5, 2021 6:50 PM

Jul 2019
Baki vs yujiro??? I was expecting this fight in the last ep. Already disappointed from baki vs ali jr fight. I think i have wasted my time watching this show...such a drag.
May 29, 2021 11:25 AM

Aug 2018
boring episode. super boring.

Aug 19, 2021 9:51 AM
May 2014
So I get pumped in ep 12 and 13 has nothing to do with it? That was lame like wheres the fight? I didn't care what happened to the convicts I just wanted to see a fight. Worst part about the entire show was the constant backstories
Sep 13, 2021 1:51 AM

May 2020
Can't wait to see the Death Row inmates in action again.
Nov 1, 2021 12:21 PM

May 2016
It looks like the second season's ended at the previous episode. It's probably because of this season only being 1 cour but it felt like it didn't really have much action compared to the first one.

You'd think that those death row inmates already had enough after tasting defeat so many times in a row but it looks like they've become even more monstrous and are just thirsting for more. I definitely need to see them fight again!

Jul 10, 2022 8:26 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Man not these chubs again.
Aug 24, 2022 7:43 PM
Aug 2022
loved it so good nice
Sep 4, 2022 5:48 PM
Jun 2021
very good is an excellent anime
Sep 17, 2022 3:06 AM
Jan 2021
uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Dec 27, 2022 12:50 AM
Nov 2022
Nice ending to the season; leaves you with a good feeling about, what Baki Hanma will bring next.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Baki 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion

chhgn - Jun 4, 2020

32 by EsieEyen »»
May 21, 2:53 AM

Poll: » Baki 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion

chhgn - Jun 5, 2020

42 by Ashhk »»
Nov 9, 2023 3:28 AM

Poll: » Baki 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion

chhgn - Jun 4, 2020

15 by Ashhk »»
Nov 9, 2023 1:15 AM

Poll: » Baki 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion

chhgn - Jun 4, 2020

19 by Ashhk »»
Nov 8, 2023 12:49 PM

Poll: » Baki 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion

chhgn - Jun 4, 2020

15 by Ashhk »»
Nov 8, 2023 8:30 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.