Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 19, 2020 8:36 AM

Aug 2020
PoXonn said:
Nani...?!?! That ending xD
That must be a prank Hana is pulling.. right? right?!?
Guess we'll have to see next and final episode

Didn't seem like fake tears. I think the theory of a nightmare has something going for it, or she feels ashamed about something what happened before, maybe with the cosplay. In the ending credits,around 22:40 minute mark, there is also a short scene where you can see Uzaki wearing the same clothes as at the ending where she was crying, and walking in the rain. So that seems to confirm it's not a dream, but a real event. The scene from the credits could be while she was walking to Sakurai's house, maybe.

In episode 12 preview we see her running while crying, which wouldn't make sense if she wasn't really sad about something. My best guess/hope is that Sakurai wants to find out why she can no longer hang out with him, she tries to run away but he catches up, and they talk things over, whatever it is. But that's just anybody's guess, since this whole scene seems anime exclusive, no reference to it in the manga. The other scenes from the preview of 12 I do recognize, but not the running with tears in her eyes, that one is new.
Dutch_ChiefSep 19, 2020 8:40 AM
Sep 19, 2020 8:48 AM

May 2018
Bunny girl Uzaki is based af
Sep 19, 2020 9:07 AM

Sep 2017
Weirdly dramatic ending. Well I'm sure it'll turn out to be nothing next episode anyway.
Sep 19, 2020 10:33 AM

Sep 2011
That Terminator style knocking. Couldn't stop laughing.
Sep 19, 2020 10:42 AM

Nov 2019
WTF is wrong me with the ending nearly moved me to tears, can't wait for the next episode though.

死神

What do you think are the most important things in life? Money, dreams, sympathy towards others...

Yes, they're all important things as well... But the most important thing is responsibility for your own actions.
- Yuichi
Sep 19, 2020 1:02 PM

Nov 2018
Uzaki's mom jumping to conclusions again was funny lol

BUT HOW DO I WAIT A WEEK TO FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENS OH MY GOD

Sep 19, 2020 3:24 PM

Oct 2017
So, Hana finally realized her feelings for Sakurai in the end...
Expect some tsundere moments in the next episode... probably.
Sep 19, 2020 4:24 PM

Jul 2016
Seeing Ami in a chinese dress was all I needed from this episode. Everything else was pretty mediocre.
Sep 19, 2020 7:03 PM

Jan 2011
legit blacked out for a bit near the end then had to rewatch the ending because it felt i was watching a different episode lol
Sep 19, 2020 7:18 PM

Nov 2017
As we approach the end of the first season, I thought I'd give a point of view.

The first 6 episodes were fantastic, as entertaining as wholesome, but from then on they slowly dropped in quality, with episode 11 being very different from how we started.

First of all, from episode 10 to 11 it's a big jump, as if episode 10 never happened, and episode 10 ended with a kind of cliffhanger, what happened there?

Now this episode felt too extra, too fast and with a narrative that seems to be all over the place. Especially that ending felt like it came out of nowhere.

I really hope the series ends well. Part of what I liked about the first few episodes is that each character felt well connected and the development of the relationship was very solid and natural, but it seems that now that they are both pretty much used to each other, the overall quality and story has dropped a bit.

1. The fan-service can often be seen as a form of ''circus and bread''. I like it, but I prefer something more subtle.

2. Uzaki's attitude seems to be changing. Calling her senpai a "pervert" out of the blue, when other times we have seen her act more naturally, surprised and even blushing, feels strange.

3. The cliffhanger.

Anyway, maybe I need to read the manga.

fastgamer2 said:
Way to many horny jokes in this episode, I gotta be frank the anime slowly is loosing its charm on me. Ah well, one episode left.

Agree. I really liked a lot the first episodes. Wholesome and fun and with some actually good animation (Uzaki sign language) that felt really nice alongisde the whole story. I'm actually a little bit sad about the overall quality, since this anime has actually warm my heart during these lonely days. But oh well.
Endless_01Sep 19, 2020 7:22 PM
Sep 19, 2020 8:32 PM
Apr 2013
Well, that was a hell of a mood whiplash! I... don't know how I feel about this episode. I enjoyed the two of them doing various activities, and having the Waitress Girl actually behaving like a friend rather than a weird stalker was nice too, but that emotional gear change was so abrupt and harsh that it kind of soured the entire episode.

I mean, jeez! Did boulders fall and crush Uzaki the Elder during the scene change or something?!
You say tomato, I say horrible murder by Gibbering Horrors That Should Not Be. Simple pronunciation difference, really.
Sep 19, 2020 9:45 PM

Jan 2016
Uhh that ending really changed the mood of the episode o.O

Hana in a bunny outfit... Omg lol
THANKS SENPIEX
Sep 19, 2020 10:06 PM

Feb 2020
This episode was a little low on Fan-Service and Comedy...... I was thinking about what are they trying to do in the Second last episode......But now I know after watching the Ending......Uzaki was Crying.......That's why they intentionally didn't try to make us Laugh that much............. Cuz We were bout' to get a shocking turn of events in the end.
Sep 19, 2020 10:19 PM

Jul 2014
I liked the dinosaur mask...

Sakurai is right, bunny girl Hana is the clear winner... SO GOD DAMN HOT! Though, Cheongsam Ami is a pretty strong contender.

You know, I initially thought that the sugoi dekai boobs were exclusive to Uzaki but now it's clear that all the girls on this show have them as huge as she does, or at least that's what it looks like so... I think they all deserve one of those shirts xD.

I love the mother so much. Her design + Saori Hayami's voice = Perfection.
Sep 20, 2020 3:55 AM

Nov 2013
whut's with that cliffhanger??? So random.
Sep 20, 2020 4:05 AM

Nov 2014
Aww cmon. That was one of the best episodes until that cliffhanger. I'm sure it will be something dumb that will get resolved quickly next week, but it still is annoying. I seriously hate it when light comedic anime try to have serious moments or throw drama-scares like that.
Sep 20, 2020 4:58 AM
Jul 2018
Qipao paradise!! Nice epsode, nice explanation on solo karaoke hahaha That is a thing i would do hahaha
But now, i bet that sad rainy part is just a joke or whatever.
Sep 20, 2020 5:08 AM

Aug 2020
Panzer92 said:
Aww cmon. That was one of the best episodes until that cliffhanger. I'm sure it will be something dumb that will get resolved quickly next week, but it still is annoying. I seriously hate it when light comedic anime try to have serious moments or throw drama-scares like that.

The manga has some serious moments too, but not this totally unexpected, and seemingly randomly introduced. There is nothing leading up to this. It would have been better to do something like this at the beginning of an episode, like with episode 7, where Sakurai called Uzaki and asked her to be with her, because he needed her. Then you're only left in suspense for the duration of the opening credits.

As for the remark earlier in this thread, about the quality dropping after the first 6 episodes, I feel episode 8 was actually one of the highlights of the season.
Sep 20, 2020 7:56 AM

May 2013
I'm just glad that the show is finally acknowledging the fact that Ami is hot.
Sep 20, 2020 9:43 AM

Mar 2014
That was a funny episode. It was nice to see that Sakurai is better than Uzaki-chan at something (except swimming ofc). Sadly there was no kuso cat in this episode ._.
Sep 20, 2020 10:47 AM

Jul 2017
Uzaki hanging out at Sakurai's place, it's commonplace now than the very first time being an annoyance to just visit him to annoy the LMAO shit out of just by presence alone.

Trying out new things so that Sakurai won't always be ridiculed by Uzaki? That's something. HanaMama getting lewd thoughts is just to be expected if fanservice is any indication. And Sakurai has found something that he can do better than Uzaki, and it has to be athletic activites like rock-climbing, that's something too.

Ami with her usual stalking status with Uzaki banging into Sakurai's solo karaoke time, uh...ok. The cosplay part was somewhat unexpected LOLs from cheongsams to Bunny Girl Uzaki?

WAIT...what's with the cliffhanger??? Uzaki DOESN'T want to hang out anymore? I sense some ending conflicting drama in the final episode...
Sep 20, 2020 12:03 PM

Mar 2017
Wait what? Wasn't there supposed to be a flashback when Uzaki was paying attention to Sakurai wall-climbing? Oh well, either we'll get that flashback next episode or not at all.

Ever since the anime started, I've been thinking that the anime made Uzaki 80% annoying 20% cute while in the manga it's like 50% annoying 50% cute. I always like Ami but in the anime, I like her better than Uzaki.

As for Uzaki Mama, anime or manga, she's lovely and still best milf.
Sep 20, 2020 3:37 PM
Sep 2020
I can't wait till next episode, I really hope there is going to be a second season
Sep 20, 2020 4:06 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
That Terminator knock had me dying laughing. It was so perfect for Uzaki's entrance.

Those outfits were really nice, loved seeing Uzaki in a bunny outfit. Fingers crossed for a scale figure of her! But Ami looked so good in both the China Dress and the Policewoman outfit too.

And here comes the final conflict. Usually they give episodes 11 and 12 to the climax, but I guess everything will be resolved next episode, barring some kind of cliff hanger for another season. But Uzaki isn't that kind of show, so I guess we'll see what happens in the final episode.
Sep 20, 2020 5:26 PM

Oct 2012
The episode felt really disjointed, I mean each part was good in its own merit but it didn't hold together well and it lacked continuity. Felt like they're rushing for certain chapter.

Also, the cliffhanger... was not really needed for this type of show. It's obvious she can't casually hang out with him after he told her he like her in her cosplay. She basically got conscious of him, realize she likes him too, that's all.
Or... some other petty reason I guess.
Sep 21, 2020 12:41 PM

Feb 2008
It goes without saying, but Uzaki's taste is truly eccentric. Nothing less from a person which such a contagious laugh.

Cooking with Uzakis was fun too. Hana's mother is... something else. She really does not learn, does she?

The episode ended with quite a cliffhanger, though. After such a fabulous treat.
Sep 22, 2020 7:41 AM

Feb 2011
Uji_Gintoki_Bowl said:
Yo, they cheesed the Kaguya-sama narrator thing when they talked about solo karaoke. I mean, maybe they didn't but that pissed me off cuz it felt like a ripoff

Kaguya-sama invented narration in anime, apparently.
Sep 22, 2020 10:00 PM

Aug 2020
This show has many references. Like Sakaki and Ami having quite a 'Scooby Doo' vibe to them, especially in the forest, end of episode 6. Sakaki can be seen as a mix of Shaggy and Fred, and Ami a mix of Velma and Daphne.
Sep 22, 2020 10:15 PM

Feb 2017
Smh I love Uzaki-chan but this adaptation leaves a lot to be desired. This super flat color palette makes this show visually stale.
𝘼 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙡 𝙙𝙬𝙚𝙡𝙡𝙨 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣 𝙖 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙 𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙙 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙖 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙 𝙗𝙤𝙙𝙮
Sep 23, 2020 1:10 AM

Jan 2013
They are already basically living together.
Sep 23, 2020 4:51 AM

Aug 2020
I wasn't expecting that ending at all. Uzaki crying broke my heart. I'm excited for the finale!
Sep 25, 2020 4:44 AM

Oct 2010
Bunny Girl Uzaki is definitely what I needed on a Friday night :)
Sep 25, 2020 1:22 PM

Feb 2015
Pretty feel good episode, liked the karaoke secene with the cosplay outfit. Also seemed like this is was a very strraightforward episode. With the cooking and the mom giving advice on it. It seems the situation will the mom will never get solved and keep being a recurring one, as well as I havent seen him pet the cats yet.
"Miharu denki desu"
Sep 26, 2020 1:11 PM

Nov 2014
haha.. that Udon making scene.... Uzaki's mom making more misunderstanding tord Sakurai. The wall climbing one felt refreshing..

The Sakurai Solo Karaoke tho.. XD how could both Uzaki and Ami destroyed peaceful moment of someone doing Solo Karaoke haha.. moreover they became drunk and messing around untik Sakurai becaming a "yes" person haha.. and... somehow because of that he unconsciously saying Uzaki's cute with hter bunny outfit :D...

and.. that cliffhanger tho... can't wait to see the final episode.
Sep 27, 2020 8:56 PM
Feb 2019
Kagura 200% improved

Sep 28, 2020 12:15 PM
Dec 2019
that ending tho...
Sep 28, 2020 8:49 PM

Aug 2020
Moonheartsunhead said:
that ending tho...

That was just pure trolling by the anime studio, probably to create extra hype for the season finale. But with so much drama they should have given it a more substantial reason. Especially the tears were overdone. Hana from the manga would just be gloomy about the reason for saying she couldn't hang out, and go into passive "it's the end of the world" mode. Crying at Sakurai's doorstep isn't fully in character for 'manga Hana' but apparently for 'anime Hana' it is.

Still wish they would have moved that part to the opening of episode 12, so after the opening theme, the issue gets resolved. Or they should have kept it more dramatic, like her grades had been dropping, and her parents blaming that on her hanging out too much with Sakurai, so they have forbidden her to spend any leisure time with him until she gets her grades back up. And then Sakurai first giving her a lecture, but after he realizes he'd miss hanging out with her too, himself suggests to help her with her studies so they already spend more time together doing that, and are again allowed to spend their spare time together too. That would make for nicer content and another hint from Sakurai's side that he doesn't want to be without her.

If as anime team you do decide to insert some anime-exclusive content, then better make it count, right?

Oct 4, 2020 1:12 PM

Mar 2020
hai hai kazuma desu , oh wrong anime , classic episode but whats up with that ending jesus i m late again
Oct 9, 2020 10:16 PM

Dec 2009
Solid adaption of Chapter 27. ... I thought they'd pick up right after the original content of last episode's trip but... 'guess not.
Nice to see an original introduction as to why he started cooking that terrible napolitan. 'Love Uzaki's laugh. Those sexy cooking moans were hilarious.
Nice to see Tsuki comfortable and respectable of Sakurai but unfortunately it doesn't last long.
... I really hope her misunderstanding ends quickly in the next chapters.

Interesting... they used the wall climbing scene as a thanks for teaching him cooking instead of the manga's being as competition from beating her in bowling. Fun to see Uzaki pissed, haha.
Funny I thought the instructor was Ami in the manga. A little weird how they kept the dialogue of her saying he won even though they excluded the bowling scene, so in the anime it doesn't make sense.

Ah, they didn't use what Sakurai was actually singing. Probably would have been copyright. Funny if he would have started singing the Opening song of the anime though. Too bad.
Uzaki's laughter is so cute! Nice to see their chinese outfits and Ami lustfully rub his arm while Uzaki is jealous pressing her tits on him, haha. Even better afterwards, the infamous bunny suit. Hilarious ending to that.

The actual ending is fucked up though... that never happens in the manga... I wonder wtf that's about... I can't imagine Uzaki ever truly saying that to Sakurai even though I guess the anime is technically cannon as well.
Kinda disappointing that the bowling scene of chapter 28 wasn't adapted. Hopefully chapter 30 because in manga-form I can't understand what Ami means by her saying that Uzaki speaks the same manner that Sakurai does when she's with him, so it'd be nice to comprehend that via animation/audio dialogue.

Adapted order;
Chapter 27 (Cleaning Sakurai's room), Chapter 31 (Cooking), Chapter 29 (Wall Climbing), Chapter 32 (Karaoke).
Oct 25, 2020 10:12 PM

Feb 2019
Wow that fanservice at the end though. I feel terrible saying it, but I really don't care that Uzaki-chan can't hang out with him anymore lol.
Dec 18, 2020 10:06 PM

Aug 2019
i'll be damned, what an episode. Honestly can't be an Uzaki episode, without the first 5 minutes making my imagination run wild with extremely unholy situations. I'll give it a thumbs up.

Gotta feel bad for my guy Sakurai in this one, my guy just wanted to do solo karaoke not having a mid life crisis. But ngl Sakurai's got some pretty good taste for bunny girl outfits i'll tell you that much.

On god that ending, i've seen SOL anime's that look chill and were pretty calm at the start, do 180s and make me start balling my eyes out like water falls *cough*
*cough* but my PTSD started tripping hard with this one. If this anime flips the story to some bleak im not even gonna be mad, i mean you know shit was serious when Uzakai herself stated she "couldn't hang out anymore" don't know why that stung so much as it did.
Dec 22, 2020 10:20 AM

Apr 2020
The dinosaur mask is so funny!

Bouldering…… Isn't it because Uzaki-chan's oppai is too big to stick to the wall? 😂

The performance of this episode is a bit strange, but it is progressing smoothly.

Jan 28, 2021 3:59 PM
Jun 2013
Oh man that dino head had a tear I feel bad. well that was odd dough moaning. Holy crap that cosplay fan service. How is that bunny suit even staying on.
May 8, 2021 4:43 AM

Jul 2015
Sakurai learned a valuable lesson there at the karaoke: reject the horny, stay true to the way of solo karaoke, only then one reaches true happiness!

May 15, 2021 12:43 AM

Feb 2021
Haha Hana's mother misunderstanding Sakurai again XD. Ami and Hana peeking at Sakurai in the Karaoke was funny lol. And Sakurai sitting between Ami and Hana while they were teasing him was hilarious. Hana is a bunny costume.... (˵ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°˵)
Uh-oh the ending...what could have happened?
◑ ━━━━━ ▣ ━━━━━ ◐
"Everything I've witnessed... This whole system you have built has always rejected me. Now I'm ready to reject it. That's why I destroy. That's why I took this power for myself. Simple enough, yeah? I don't care if you don't understand... That's what makes us... Heroes and Villains."
◑ ━━━━━ ▣ ━━━━━ ◐
Jun 22, 2021 7:24 AM

Apr 2013
Can't really blame him, that bunny outfit was bonkers. The end though... I hope it's just a joke, drama in the very last episode would be quite annoying.
Sep 8, 2022 2:00 PM

May 2020
Mama Uzaki and her misunderstandings again outshining pretty much the better part of the episode, though the fanservice in disguise and the actual bunny suit in the end atleast spiced up the things a bit. That cliffhanger is a joke, I know.
Oct 8, 2022 3:25 AM

Aug 2014
My man having the time of his life with those cosplays but decided not to enjoy it
Check My AnimeList (or click my signature)
My Main Genres: Adventure, Action, Fantasy
My Sub Genres: Slice of Life, Comedy, H&E

Check My Profile, my ranking
What I Watch This Season
Best Character & WAIFU This Season
Best OP/ED Song This Season
Oct 21, 2022 8:13 AM
Feb 2022
Que lindas se ven Usaki, y Ami haciendo cosplay. ¿Por que Usaki habrá llorado?
Nov 17, 2022 10:02 AM
Apr 2021
BUNNY GIRL UZAKI!
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uzaki-chan wa Asobitai! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

pocky-boy - Sep 25, 2020

154 by kunpimookin »»
Oct 15, 11:49 PM

Poll: » Uzaki-chan wa Asobitai! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2020

94 by ItsXolo »»
Aug 10, 6:53 AM

Poll: » Uzaki-chan wa Asobitai! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2020

94 by Bulek1235 »»
Jul 8, 10:51 AM

Poll: » Uzaki-chan wa Asobitai! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2020

148 by Jomiman12 »»
Apr 24, 7:55 PM

Poll: » Uzaki-chan wa Asobitai! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2020

94 by Auroralul »»
Mar 4, 6:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.