Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 5, 2014 1:00 AM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well the animation was top notch, but for some reason I felt very unattached to this one. I liked Victini, I liked the big dragons, but it definitely feels like same old same old.

It needed a true villain, maybe that's what was missing.
Oct 22, 2017 8:17 PM

Jul 2012
This movie is so boring. -.-
Victini was the only one that made it somewhat enjoyable.
Sep 8, 2020 12:16 AM

Jan 2019
I remember watching this on CN when I was like 8 years old and CN did this thing for premiers where they would have a counter in the top right corner to count down the time till the movie played and I remember binge watching all the Pokémon episodes they played that day. It was epic. The movie sucks big ole droopy balls tho.
Feb 25, 2021 7:44 AM

May 2008
Pretty much the same as the other version except for minor differences. I think the only part better was the action during Reshiram testing Satoshi's. It's more... actiony I guess, compared to Zekrom's which was more sliding.

The goth pokemon felt weaker did the slime one did, tho.
Oct 29, 2022 7:41 PM

Nov 2012
decent movie, as soon as the guy with the funny moustache started talking I heard Odion from Yugioh DM.
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Oct 29, 2022 7:46 PM

Jul 2008
JVskunkape said:
decent movie, as soon as the guy with the funny moustache started talking I heard Odion from Yugioh DM.

haha, well you have a good ear. Its the same actor.

https://myanimelist.net/people/1477/David_Brimmer
Oct 29, 2022 9:26 PM

Nov 2012
WolfWood37 said:
JVskunkape said:

haha, well you have a good ear. Its the same actor.

https://myanimelist.net/people/1477/David_Brimmer

thanks for the link! Surprised he doesn't have more credits/roles, he has a great voice!
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
May 18, 2023 2:31 AM
Apr 2022
Show Rate Meter Guide  - (5 Great _ 4 Good _ 3 Fine _ 2 Not Good _ 1 Bad).(dismal are sometimes needed)
[Story] - 3  
[Art/Animation] - 4
[Sound/Music] - 3
[M-Character] - 3.5
[S-Character] - 3
[Enjoyment] - 3
[Overall] - 3.5
Not much to say, it's the same thing that a few of the past films had. Good / Great animation, same what of a story if they can even make it into a interesting story, shit to good character development, fine music and hopefully if I can even enjoy the time spent watching. Watched this film for the first time as an adult in my early 20's this is my 3rd time seeing the movie I think it hard cause both movie are to similar to each other with a few different. The main antagonist is a bumb-ass, did not know two shits what he was doing and so is the damn legendary dragon also. Victini was the only character I liked in this movie really enjoyed the life he had with the other Pokémon in the town. Ash did he's job in this film good for him, Iris & Dent did noting much through the film only in the beginning when they were competing in the festival battle and team rocket was there trying to do something but did nothing at all. The destroyed past of the People of the Vale and Victini horrible memories of the human he cared for most, that the life he lived is kind of sad story. Reshiram and Zekrom I don't have much interest with these two legendry, They needed a better movie to showcase these two because this film is all about Victini, those two feel like side character to me. 
- I never played the Gen five games that much and I hardy like the black and white anime too, I stopped around Gen 4, came back to Pokémon around when Gen 6 was airing.  
CcCharlesMay 18, 2023 10:07 AM
Dec 6, 2023 5:42 AM

Jan 2013
Watched both the White and Black version at the same time to compare them.

I liked the ice setting here, Reshiram and Zakrom have a cool design.
We see LOADS of new Pokemon compared to the other Pokemon movies.

Compared to the usual "cutesy" Pokemon that needs to be saved Victini worked quite well here, much better than Jirachi or Manaphy for example.
Sadly the story didn't quite stand out, it wasn't bad but not anything we haven't seen before either.

That said I did have a good time watching both of them, the visuals were fantastic as usual.

7/10
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.