Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 2, 2022 9:56 AM

Nov 2011
Hard work does pay off after all.

Unfortunately, it looks like some idols goes under intense pressure such as Tamaki. Luckily, they got a supportive manager.
Aug 2, 2022 10:32 AM

Feb 2020
Great character development for O-Kyon. I loved her backstory. Also, the manager was absolutely right. He's such a wise guy.

That was a solid performance. Good job, girls!

This show definitely deserves more watchers.

SerafosMar 13, 4:15 AM
Aug 2, 2022 10:55 AM

Jul 2017
Tamaki being chosen to perform as the center, Naoki is pushing her hard, as well as the rest of TiNgS for lamenting her for a chance at fame and stardom, only to throw away that opportunity. But whatever it is, Naoki's decision is final, and Tamaki has no choice.

This stems true from her backstory as someone whom wants to do what she wants, but isn't told of what she could do. And her classmate Akemi was there to support her as both a friend and an idol fan for Hotaru's concert, this is probably her first instance and true taste of knowing her dream to follow her footsteps, and baby steps doesn't deter her from failure after failure...that is until her scouting as part of TiNgS, and even then, that is an uphill battle on its own.

Haru as a shinepost, Rio following Haru's footsteps, and the untested "O-kyon" Tamaki to finally have her big break of her very own, but that comes added pressure, and the result is that she failed to become someone special, compared to the other groups with members of the same ordinary calibre as Tamaki but better.

Naoki chasing Tamaki down to have a pep talk with her, and being ordinary may have struggles, but there're plus points too. And this time, Tamaki isn't going down without a fight of her very own, committing her body and soul to even her most supportive hardcore fan of hers.

Kyoka Tamaki needs a big break, and this episode is certainly it.
Aug 2, 2022 11:00 AM

Apr 2014
yes yes, lightstick is crucial for watching an idol live performance.
Nice job, O-Kyon.
何それ?意味分かんない
Aug 2, 2022 11:21 AM

Jul 2021
Great episode lol it made me cry.

We got Kyouka's backstory and she has become very likable now. I'm very happy that she has now realised she's already someone special to someone, I mean lol that fan fainting xD.

The song was pretty good too. Best episode till now.

I'm thinking this woman who keeps calling manager is some big shot or something, I can smell it.

5/5 episode. Looking forward to next one.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Aug 2, 2022 11:40 AM

Feb 2019
Another episode of the most slept on show of the season is here and what a great one it was.

I was really worried about O-Kyon, she was getting pretty down on herself and letting her insecurities cloud her mind. Manager gave her the perfect speech at the perfect time to get her back on her feet. Glad we got to see her backstory as well!

The performances in this show may be short but they have absolutely gorgeous animation and flow so well. Loved the finale to this episode. I wish more people were on this show, the art, seiyuu performances etc are all top tier.
Marinate1016Aug 2, 2022 11:44 AM
Aug 2, 2022 12:37 PM

Mar 2021
Great episode am so happy for kyouka she deserves to shine and the manager is so Great to help her
Aug 2, 2022 1:50 PM

Aug 2018
"The world one step ahead"
Well, it was decided that Kyouka had to sing in the center. But she was still in doubt. We see how she was interested in becoming an Idol, it was curious xd. And with the help of the Manager, she was able to try it.
The day came...AND SHE ACHIEVED IT.
The final image <3, very good chapter.
the song was really good.

Aug 2, 2022 2:50 PM

Apr 2010
Another great episode, loved the instrumental version of the song running during the MAC conversation.
TiagoCostaAug 2, 2022 4:02 PM
Aug 2, 2022 5:15 PM

Mar 2014
sad episode did not expect someone died at the end in an idol anime!!!
Aug 2, 2022 6:12 PM

Dec 2013
That was a really nice arc, RIP Kyouka's #1 fan, she will forever be remembered.
Aug 2, 2022 8:34 PM

Apr 2014
TsutanaiFuun said:

I'm thinking this woman who keeps calling manager is some big shot or something, I can smell it.

何それ?意味分かんない
Aug 2, 2022 8:58 PM

Jul 2021
TsutanaiFuun said:

Of course it is, I could tell it would be something like that. Well the girls are gonna be really happy when the reveal happens.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Aug 2, 2022 9:29 PM

Jun 2021
We can thank Akemi for Kyoka joining the girls it seems. Kyoka has a lot of good traits even if they’re not “special”. She’s resilient, I mean she got rejected so many times but never gave up. Shes also responsible and reliable, which are pretty important skills too. But I get what she means about being “ordinary”. Though I guess she ended up being “special” to her super fan in the end so there’s that. But she could always use being “normal” as her whole shtick. Maybe she’s the more relatable down home idol? Lol.

But anyways seeing that Kyoka super fan get so excited she literally passed out was hilarious haha, I love that. I’m glad Kyoka has a lot of great people around her, like the manager and Haru and Rio but also Yukine too.
Aug 2, 2022 11:27 PM

Nov 2012
Loved the ep, Tokka-san reminded me the legend of Eripiyo-san, who's appearing in this show as Reimi-chan.

Now Kyouka's arc is one of idol's dramas, I enjoyed the ep but I agree her VA could put some more effort and feelings, but it kinda fits the character so I'm not annoyed at all.

The animation is pretty good.

My Candies:

Aug 2, 2022 11:50 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
My experience with Kyouka is the same as I had with Kira from Shounen Hollywood...in that I didn't care much about her, yet surprisingly, her story was able to make me cry. I suspect I still won't care too much for her after her character arc, but it doesn't change that I did shed some tears during this episode. I could relate a bit to her, so I also felt secondhand sense of accomplishment when she successfully performed as the center. I like how the manager said that she's already special to someone, and I do think that's what matters the most in the end. How surprised and happy Tokka was when she saw Kyouka as the center once again, that also made me smile. But also lol when she got so excited that she fainted :'D

I wonder if I'll find the other character arcs to be enjoyable as well. This episode and part of the last episode were the most interesting parts so far for me.
Aug 3, 2022 2:27 AM

Oct 2016
Congrats Kyoka, you just shot your first fan, with love that is. This was a great episode, it's great to see Kyoka gain more confidence, I am sure it's not gonna be fully fixed just like that, but this was a fantastic start.

They were all probably at that Hotaru concert in the very beginning of the show and that's really cool. I wonder when Momiji and Yukine will join Tings.
Aug 3, 2022 7:45 AM

May 2018
And thats unsynchronized choreograph from each members made me satisfied, that's how the show supposed to do.

Is she faint?
Aug 3, 2022 8:46 AM

Oct 2008
fine ep about Kyoka...but out of all the things that i noticed...here it is! WHAT THE EF!?!? why is maneja Hinase freakin' removing the pickles on MCcheeseburger?!? that's the only thing that makes an excellent burger! damn! - sorry for the random rant! pickles are great! especially in burgers!
4/5.

Aug 3, 2022 4:31 PM

Jan 2011
good episode not a huge fan of manager-san playing the bigger role on dealing with Kyoka's struggles but it is what it is

kyoka's number 1 fan ascending seeing her oshi right in the center singing was a highlight lol
Aug 3, 2022 8:05 PM
May 2019
Not gonna lie.. this one almost had me crying, lol. I have faith that Kyoka can do this!
Aug 4, 2022 8:01 AM

Nov 2019
Glad to see O-kyon get over her fears, and also learn more about her path to becoming an idol, she sure a great MC!!

That fan at the end sure did have the time of her life, glad she finally got to see her oshi as centre and be the centre of her fanservice hehe (I would do the same too >v<)
Aug 6, 2022 11:55 AM

Nov 2009
O-kyon went through many trials and rejections.

And finally landed into one, but just as she was finally getting her hopes up, she failed at the center and it caused a PTSD that makes her afraid of being the center again. So much that she has nightmares about it.

She recognize her own failure but still kept on going because she cares about the other members and doesn't want the group to disband, thus the reason why she wants Haru to become the center at all time, because Haru has a Center's quality.

___ ___ ___

And the manager decides to use his Chad abilities to cheer O-kyon up and help her overcome her own fear and failure.

___ ___ ___

Kyoka's story isn't that uncommon, it happens a lot in Real Life where someone that isn't interested in Idol'ing gets dragged by a friend to a concert and gets motivated to become one themselves. However just as true, majority of people fails and ends with giving up on ever becoming an Idol.

Idol'ing is so big in Japan, that a lot of students goes to Karaoke to practice their singing in hope someday they can also enter into the Idol'ing world. Over 5000+ of girls attempt to join into the Idol World every year, less than 5 succeeds. (and less than 3 stayed) (tho, with the arrival of AKB groups, more girls ends up as Idols)

Not only that, but Idol'ing has a time limit... if you pass a certain age, you will most likely get rejected. That's the reason for "graduations" when girls reach a certain age and they are forced to leave. However, if these girls have a good enough talent and fame, they can pursue other jobs for older Idols in other companies or start up as Actresses for Shows or Movies. (but majority of girls tends to not pursue further and ends up going with a normal life)

(there are also some girls that couldn't resume with a normal life and ends up going the extreme with Japan's huge Pron Industries)

If anything, you could probably brand this entire series as a "Based on a True Story".
amlgAug 6, 2022 12:06 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Aug 11, 2022 1:34 AM
Apr 2021
I just love it.. Haru-chan!!
Aug 27, 2022 11:00 PM
Feb 2021
Excellent 2D Live as usual, good story and song of O-kyon.
Excited about the ep about Rio.

ParuparuparuAug 27, 2022 11:58 PM
Aug 30, 2022 3:00 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The way the storytelling was written for Kyouka was great, she went through a lot to become an idol and of course she had some other struggles when she finally became one, but now she finally managed to sing that song while being the center, that was really cute, one of the fans even fainted in the crowd XD
Sep 25, 2022 6:13 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Like if you're so concerned with bombing then get to practicing?? You're already in the spotlight, don't think that just because you're not center that you're not important to the team or just as seen. I do actually understand her conflict though. But if you feel you want to be seen but feel you're not fit for it then show them why you are! Go go go Kyoka! I love how everyone was supportive of her doing the song as the center though. The girl from the audience who was really tough on her cheering hard killed my eyes with tears. Like she meant it with her support.
Honestly, great episode. I wasn't expecting this anime to tackle these concerns in such a way. It's been doing really well!

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Oct 6, 2022 1:45 AM

Nov 2021
Ok, another great episode there.

Oh gosh, nothing's coming in mind to say.
-AcheronOct 6, 2022 2:00 AM

Oct 6, 2022 9:15 AM

Apr 2011
Finally, the drama is over. Glad she was able to overcome her difficulties. If it weren't for her manager, she wouldn't be able
to pass her problem. Great job manager-san.

Lol at her big fan fainting at the end.

I am curious who manager-san is speaking to and wants to meet the girls.
Nov 7, 2022 11:34 AM
Jun 2021
Kyoko singing is so amazing. And the story on this episode is so good!! I want everyone to sing even Rio. Because they all are idols!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shine Post Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2022

41 by mayakitty »»
Sep 6, 8:56 AM

Poll: » Shine Post Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2022

26 by yawnaroo »»
Jul 9, 4:34 PM

Poll: » Shine Post Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2022

27 by yawnaroo »»
Jul 8, 4:11 PM

Poll: » Shine Post Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2022

24 by yawnaroo »»
Jul 8, 11:05 AM

Poll: » Shine Post Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2022

53 by yawnaroo »»
Jul 5, 4:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.