Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 1, 2022 10:03 AM
Jun 2022
To think 'W' would get an anime... ahhhhhh. I used to love Kamen rider as a kid and now... yay.
Aug 1, 2022 11:06 AM
Lost πŸ’Ž Diamond

Dec 2012
Yay indeed

and also, Henshin!
┍━━━━»•» «•«β”β”β”β”β”‘

πŸŽ–οΈ mal badges
🏠 blog navigation
πŸ† graph badges

┕━━━━»•» ❄ «•«β”β”β”β”β”™
Aug 1, 2022 11:36 AM
Mar 2021
yup, my favorite Kamen rider
Aug 1, 2022 12:57 PM
Sep 2013
Oh yes, I hope Fuuto Tantei leads to it getting officially released in the West! W was my favorite Kamen Rider show for a while (until Build aired).
Aug 1, 2022 12:57 PM

Apr 2014
yes
Actually, every series since Kuuga + Skyrider, Super1, Black, and Black RX.
δ½•γγ‚ŒοΌŸζ„ε‘³εˆ†γ‹γ‚“γͺい
Aug 1, 2022 1:23 PM
Mar 2021
"Saa, omae no tsumi wo kazoeteru" or "Now, count up your sins" is sentence i want to see in Kamen Rider W.

Imagine if Kamen rider Decade does exist there as cameo, me be like :

"Onore Dikeido!?"
Aug 1, 2022 2:22 PM
Jun 2022
3miL said:
Yay indeed

and also, Henshin!

Haha, yes! good times. I mostly loved the transforming things. I used to watch people use them and stuff. I don't know.
Aug 1, 2022 3:23 PM
Oct 2016
Yes. Saw that show last year!
Aug 1, 2022 3:25 PM

Oct 2014
of course. i highly recommend watching some of the other kamen rider seasons too, like gaim, build and zero-one!
Aug 1, 2022 3:50 PM

Aug 2015
Yes. I didn't watch when it aired but it's still been about 10 years; enough to make me feel nostalgic.
Controversial opinions
Aug 2, 2022 12:23 AM
Jul 2022
Katsu27 said:
To think 'W' would get an anime... ahhhhhh. I used to love Kamen rider as a kid and now... yay.

Yes... Coolest in Kamen Rider Series!!!
Aug 2, 2022 11:12 AM

Jun 2015
Katsu27 said:

Yes, it's one of my favorite Kamen Rider and maybe Toku show overall
Aug 2, 2022 1:00 PM
Jan 2021
man i love W, top 3 fav seasons
Aug 2, 2022 3:38 PM
Jul 2021
I liked ex-aid………….
Aug 3, 2022 12:23 AM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
Seen all Kamen Rider from Heisei era + ZeroOne from Reiwa.
Aug 3, 2022 1:53 AM

Nov 2020
I'm a newcomer to the series, so I've been binge watching W shortly after Fuuto PI's first episode aired! So far I'm loving the overall tone in the show and 29 episodes in. Might check out the other KR shows too. My friend is especially nudging me towards watching Kuuga lol
Slow Damage My Friend Ibis banner
⋆ β”Š . β”Šβˆ˜ Check out my stats! βˆ˜β”Šβ‹† β”Š .

Aug 3, 2022 9:08 AM

Feb 2021
MyFriendHeron said:
I'm a newcomer to the series, so I've been binge watching W shortly after Fuuto PI's first episode aired! So far I'm loving the overall tone in the show and 29 episodes in. Might check out the other KR shows too. My friend is especially nudging me towards watching Kuuga lol

I haven't watched W yet, but plan to do it soon! I like it so much!
MemoreAug 7, 2022 9:23 AM
Aug 4, 2022 3:14 AM

Sep 2011
MyFriendHeron said:
Kuuga is great but its very much gonna be different in just about every way to W, it goes all in on monster of the week stories and doesnt really have much in way of an overarching plot, its there dont get me wrong but its not gonna be the thing your there for, also a far more gritty tone. In general early heisei (shows from 2000-2009) are alot darker than what comes after it and generally in terms of just flat tone Kuuga is potentially the darkest and almost feels more like a horror show at times.

its a great show, but just dont expect anything like W. If you are really loving W the best thing to watch is Drive as its by the same writer and its just a damn great entry in its own right. Its definitely an unpopular opinion but I'd go as far to say its probably better than W in many ways cause while its episodic stories arent as strong theres alot more going n I feel with the characters and overall plot. But really this franchise is so shockingly high quality for what little budget they have theres really no reason not to just try em all cause so far out of everything ive seen Ghost is the only one thats actually unpleasent to watch, everything else has been just varying levels of good to great and stuff like Ryuki and build are potentially just in my top shows in general

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Aug 4, 2022 11:09 PM

Nov 2020
JizzyHitler said:
Kuuga is great but its very much gonna be different in just about every way to W, it goes all in on monster of the week stories and doesnt really have much in way of an overarching plot, its there dont get me wrong but its not gonna be the thing your there for, also a far more gritty tone. In general early heisei (shows from 2000-2009) are alot darker than what comes after it and generally in terms of just flat tone Kuuga is potentially the darkest and almost feels more like a horror show at times.

its a great show, but just dont expect anything like W. If you are really loving W the best thing to watch is Drive as its by the same writer and its just a damn great entry in its own right. Its definitely an unpopular opinion but I'd go as far to say its probably better than W in many ways cause while its episodic stories arent as strong theres alot more going n I feel with the characters and overall plot. But really this franchise is so shockingly high quality for what little budget they have theres really no reason not to just try em all cause so far out of everything ive seen Ghost is the only one thats actually unpleasent to watch, everything else has been just varying levels of good to great and stuff like Ryuki and build are potentially just in my top shows in general

Good to know. I've already watched 1/5th of Kuuga and it's entertaining, but indeed very different from W. My friend also recommended Drive shortly after I finished W, so definitely checking it out after your recommendation. I'll probably stick to 2010s KR and maybe Kuuga and Ryuki for now. There's a lot of entries in this series, so it's difficult trying to figure out where to start. I appreciate your pointers a lot! This is definitely a franchise I want to keep watching after seeing what it has to offer.
Slow Damage My Friend Ibis banner
⋆ β”Š . β”Šβˆ˜ Check out my stats! βˆ˜β”Šβ‹† β”Š .

Aug 5, 2022 2:42 AM

Sep 2011
MyFriendHeron said:
JizzyHitler said:

Good to know. I've already watched 1/5th of Kuuga and it's entertaining, but indeed very different from W. My friend also recommended Drive shortly after I finished W, so definitely checking it out after your recommendation. I'll probably stick to 2010s KR and maybe Kuuga and Ryuki for now. There's a lot of entries in this series, so it's difficult trying to figure out where to start. I appreciate your pointers a lot! This is definitely a franchise I want to keep watching after seeing what it has to offer.
I definitely wouldnt knock early heisei off, they are really experimental and out there and absolutely worth checking out. They are a bit more divisive though because of it for example Ryuki im saying is one of my all time favorite series, it was directly responsible for inspiring madoka magica cause of how bonkers it gets, but thats actually a VERY love it or hate it series and one i dont neccessarrily think is consistently good just the overall package in the end makes it special.

you can very easily be overwhelmed by choice I get it, cause theres alot and they dont do breaks always making new stuff every year for 50 episodes + movies and specials and whatnot. But look at it this way, you think theres a series that looks cool? You can jump right in.The only one you should hold off on is Zi-o cause its a anniversery project thats whole gimmick is having homages to all the heisei seriesand bringing back characters in non canon stories (its a series about paradoxes) but they still spoil alot of shows

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Aug 7, 2022 2:09 PM

Feb 2019
I am in the process of watching the live action series. Because of this, I have now learned why the American Power Rangers, based on the Super Sentai, felt campy.
The line below is True.
The line above is False.
Aug 7, 2022 2:25 PM

Sep 2008
it was my first rider series, and I didn't like it much.
I ended up watching half of the entries. my favorite era was the old heisei one. showa is cool in it's own way.
I can't stand neo heisei and reiwa is shaping up to be a worse version of that with pink ass eating dinosaurs.
I want to see heroic stuff, not the mc being a punching bag for the show writers.
ι¦¬ιΉΏγ’γŸε€«η†γ€€ε…¨ιƒ¨γ‚¬γƒ©γ‚―γ‚Ώγ§
Aug 7, 2022 2:45 PM

Sep 2011
nyugvo6 said:
I ended up watching half of the entries. my favorite era was the old heisei one. showa is cool in it's own way.
I can't stand neo heisei and reiwa is shaping up to be a worse version of that with pink ass eating dinosaurs.
I want to see heroic stuff, not the mc being a punching bag for the show writers.
weird complaint to have especially when putting early heisei on a pedestal considering early heisei was strictly following that monster of the 2 episodes storyline structure that basically always meant the riders got their asses handed to them for a majority of the fights cause they cant defeat it until the next ep if they even are the ones that do it. Part of what made kuuga so special was that Godai was basically on the verge of death every episode and lost a majority of his fights pretty brutally or took tons of damage when he actually won.

Also weird to put phase 1 heisei on a pedestal for heroic stuff cause that was the really experimental period where the characters WERENT heroic and got really morally questionable. Godai and Shoichi were bonafide heroes but after that things got questionable really fast in ryuki onwards. Meanwhile i feel liek phase 2 the only non heroic protagonist was like Sento from build and even that one was more a past thing and hes trying to redeem himself.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Aug 7, 2022 4:15 PM

Sep 2008
JizzyHitler said:
nyugvo6 said:
weird complaint to have especially when putting early heisei on a pedestal considering early heisei was strictly following that monster of the 2 episodes storyline structure that basically always meant the riders got their asses handed to them for a majority of the fights cause they cant defeat it until the next ep if they even are the ones that do it. Part of what made kuuga so special was that Godai was basically on the verge of death every episode and lost a majority of his fights pretty brutally or took tons of damage when he actually won.

Also weird to put phase 1 heisei on a pedestal for heroic stuff cause that was the really experimental period where the characters WERENT heroic and got really morally questionable. Godai and Shoichi were bonafide heroes but after that things got questionable really fast in ryuki onwards. Meanwhile i feel liek phase 2 the only non heroic protagonist was like Sento from build and even that one was more a past thing and hes trying to redeem himself.

after reading this, I think I should have used a different word.
they should act cool and badass. I don't mind them losing, I hate the forced slapstick humor and all the nice guys.
by being a punching bag for the writers, I meant they are the butt of every joke and portrayed as morons.
ryuki's mc died protecting a nobody, I think he was plenty heroic in that regard. even if he was the comic relief in his own show.
sento was heroic imo, even if it assassinated his whole character.
ι¦¬ιΉΏγ’γŸε€«η†γ€€ε…¨ιƒ¨γ‚¬γƒ©γ‚―γ‚Ώγ§
Aug 7, 2022 7:10 PM

Feb 2017
MyFriendHeron said:

Kuuga is RAW as fuck. No other KR is like it. Your friend has the right idea

I'll also recommend Drive after W they are very similar in tone and storytelling partly because they have the same director.
Ryu Terui from W also appears in one of Drive's V-Cinemas
young_kappaAug 7, 2022 7:19 PM
Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice skate uphill.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fuuto Tantei Episode 12 Discussion

3miL - Oct 16, 2022

49 by Rinaisty »»
Sep 24, 7:05 AM

» Of all the Kamen Riders, why did Kamen Rider W get an anime?

Dejilan - Aug 8, 2022

24 by removed-user »»
Apr 18, 6:19 AM

» Poor writing but decent

IMMABEAST - Oct 16, 2022

14 by IfIspeak »»
Jan 31, 3:22 PM

Poll: » Fuuto Tantei Episode 8 Discussion

AkeZZZ - Sep 18, 2022

31 by dohani »»
Apr 14, 2023 4:10 PM

Poll: » Fuuto Tantei Episode 6 Discussion

3miL - Sep 4, 2022

31 by YagoZeta »»
Oct 24, 2022 9:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.