Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 20, 2022 6:59 AM

Nov 2011
Man, the creatures in that layer are so fascinating but also tough to take care of.

Episode also did a fair job at highlighting the elements of survival, although Riko should be more careful about what she eats. What a chilling ending though, if there's anything, Faputa gives a chilling vibe when she appeared.
Jul 20, 2022 7:10 AM

Jan 2015
It looks like not even Meinya is safe for the Made in Abyss experience. I’m surprised by how much gore is being show. Made in Abyss doesn’t fear censorship! It’s the censorship that fears Made in Abyss Lol

A really good episode that showed how things work in the village, and of course it wasn’t in a nice way that we found it out. The village looks stunning tho, again beautiful backgrounds.

Prushka seems to be in good hands, and hopefully it can work it out. And lol, Riko this season can’t catch a breathe. She keeps having stomach aches.
We also briefly got back to the Ganja squad at the end.

Also, Faputa seems to have finally appeared before Reg. What could their meeting lead to?
And last but not least, Maa is here!
Jul 20, 2022 7:37 AM

Feb 2020
Another amazing and creepy episode. This season is getting better and better.

Poor Meinya. :(

SerafosMay 22, 9:24 PM
Jul 20, 2022 7:49 AM

Apr 2016
Thanos would be proud of this village, all things must be balanced ... is it goods, or life. Still, props to the village anti-theft system, dealing with it the most brutal way possible. Also, everyone's like "this Inn sucks", while Riko's like "i'm having the best moment of my life" lol.

And the pooping is back, yeeeey. Towards the end we've also seen a bit of the Princess ... and her guardian.
Jul 20, 2022 7:58 AM
Nov 2021
I feel bad for that pink monster like Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Jul 20, 2022 7:59 AM

Oct 2017
Damn I thought Menya was gonna die, good thing it didn't. Is Faputa that little girl from before?
Jul 20, 2022 8:11 AM
Oct 2019
Village of Hollow?
We need Ichigo Kurosaki asap lol

Omg i thought Meinya gonna die right there... Scary af
Jul 20, 2022 8:27 AM

Jan 2020
Well, we found Satan's village, a place on par with, or perhaps even worse, than hell. I was legitimately concerned for Meinya in this. I'm rather glad they managed to survive.

I guess this is the season of poop. I always appreciated that this series included bodily functions. I feel like the inclusion of stuff like that helps to make the character more realistic. It's almost a pet peeve when days and days pass and characters aren't showing needing to fulfill basic needs.

I'm not so sure that was the Golden City at the end. If it was, I feel like rumors of its existence have been highly exaggerated.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Jul 20, 2022 8:31 AM

Jul 2011
This episode was is about learn self-worth, to the most literal way possible. And respect each other things.

Riko is how I always imagine the aftermath of those shows where someone go to a exotic country to eat exotic food.
Jul 20, 2022 8:33 AM

May 2020
Really not the kind of inn anyone would love to pay a visit lol, though that's the norm there at the abyss. New creature.. well the textbook intimidating first impression.
Jul 20, 2022 8:34 AM

Jun 2016
the princess faputa appeared !!

damnn that design so wonderful !!
Jul 20, 2022 8:56 AM
Mar 2015
Have to learn the language to get along
Jul 20, 2022 9:03 AM
Jun 2022
To say I'm liking this so far is an understatement. This is shaping up to be my favorite show of the season.

The connections between the Hollows and the first expedition are intriguing. The village's economic system is both fascinating and horrifying. Which also describes the entire feel of the show, so is completely in line.

Whether what's happening to Prushka will be beneficial or not has yet to be seen, but given the tone of the series, it's almost certainly going to be.
Jul 20, 2022 9:30 AM

Oct 2019
can someone remind me were that creature came from.

It's been 3 episodes and I still can't remember.

also nanachi in episode 1 said bondrewd can see what she sees. I don't remember what's up with that either.
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Jul 20, 2022 9:39 AM
May 2021
Another good episode!! Can’t wait to see the next ep!!!
Jul 20, 2022 9:48 AM

May 2012
Wow, this episode scared me because i thought they were generally going into a trap. I thought Meinya was going to die as well. :(( But whatever happened to that pink creature didnt make me feel better. Put it to Made in Abyss to make me feel all sorts of emotions.

There are definitely some relation to the first people there. Cant wait to see the next episode and what happens next.

Also, Riko's level of optimism is still outstanding, I cant wait to see what happens next.
""You think you're special? You're not. Everyone lies, everyone hides things...
Nobody makes it through this life being completely honest."
- Izaya

Jul 20, 2022 9:56 AM
May 2021
Apolygon2 said:

also nanachi in episode 1 said bondrewd can see what she sees. I don't remember what's up with that either.

Did you watch the movie?
Jul 20, 2022 9:57 AM

Sep 2009
Apolygon2 said:

Judging by your comment, you have not watched the last movie that covers part of the story between S1 and S2.

MegamiRem said:
Damn I thought Menya was gonna die, good thing it didn't. Is Faputa that little girl from before?

No, she is
Jul 20, 2022 10:08 AM

Oct 2019
Dracat said:
Apolygon2 said:

Did you watch the movie?

I have, I just have trash memory, and probably missed some things.
Also available at:

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Jul 20, 2022 10:10 AM

Oct 2019
Nachtwandler_21 said:
Apolygon2 said:

Judging by your comment, you have not watched the last movie that covers part of the story between S1 and S2.

MegamiRem said:

No, she is

I haven't just seen the movie, it's in my top 10.

I just have trash memory and I think I missed some things.
Also available at:

Jul 20, 2022 10:16 AM

Sep 2009
Apolygon2 said:
Nachtwandler_21 said:

No, she is

That creature belonged to a girl from a movie and Riko got it after the movie story.
Jul 20, 2022 10:16 AM

Jan 2011
i think this was one of the most fascinating episodes so far
Jul 20, 2022 10:18 AM

Aug 2015
MegamiRem said:

No but has relation with Irumyuui, and you'll see later and gonna understand.
Jul 20, 2022 10:21 AM

Oct 2019
Nachtwandler_21 said:
Apolygon2 said:

That creature belonged to a girl from a movie and Riko got it after the movie story.

oh yeah...

what about the nanachi thing?

she said bondrewd can see them from her eyes, but how?
Also available at:

Jul 20, 2022 10:23 AM
Oct 2021
4.8/10 . Everything was perfect character reaction monster designs the concept of hollows having a vessel etc etc . the market place scene and the values concept was just perfect .the Thing I don't like about this episode is that there is no build up to faputa's reveal and rikos mood swings are a bit too much
Jul 20, 2022 10:37 AM

Mar 2020
Incredibly fascinating episode, and I'm starting to like Majikaja, very interesting character. That said, this was the most unsettling episode of the season so far, and some of the creatures are pure nightmare fuel.

Princess Faputa... I wonder who she is, we'll find out soon I'm sure...
Jul 20, 2022 10:58 AM

Dec 2018
eivann said:
I feel bad for that pink monster like Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Nah, fuck him. He deserved that for squishing the shit out of Meinya.
Jul 20, 2022 11:12 AM

Feb 2019
I love how made in abyss lulls you to sleep with peaceful calm moments like riko letting the villager play with meniya, then 2 seconds later he’s squeezing meniya’s heart out and getting ripped apart himself.(deserved btw)

So the Ganja stuff takes place in the past I’m guessing since the hollows princess is implied to be the little girl from their squad. Could not have been a happy ending smh
Jul 20, 2022 11:25 AM
Propmaker/Etsy

Jun 2014
poor baby Meinya :(
I hope she's safe after this episode..

so Nanachi is just like the other hollows. blew my mind there ha I had a feeling something was up.

I hope reg is safe, he is currently in the danger zone :/
They left riko alone! I hope shes safe too..
Jul 20, 2022 11:27 AM

Jul 2013
Seeing the Narehates in the manga is one thing, but seeing and hearing them in motion is just, uggh...
Faputa's name is funny if you are Spanish or know the language.
Jul 20, 2022 11:29 AM

Jun 2016
Xenocrisi said:
I’m surprised by how much gore is being show. Made in Abyss doesn’t fear censorship! It’s the censorship that fears Made in Abyss
They actually censored quite a lot.

MegamiRem said:
Is Faputa that little girl from before?
No but you have already seen her, they actually showed her quite a lot (and I'm not talking about the OP or the flashbacks).
Jul 20, 2022 11:38 AM

Jan 2015
I’m so glad Meinya is safe. That was a close call >.<

Anyone else notice the phallic imagery in some of the Hollows? o.O lmao

I wonder what’s going to happen to Prushka? Seems like it’s not a bad thing. They mentioned an instrument, maybe an ocarina so Riko can play melodies instead of a single tone whistle and have more abilities/effects?

Also very eager to know who Faputa is! Looks like she might be Irumyuui, maybe?

Jul 20, 2022 11:45 AM

Jan 2015
Apolygon2 said:
Nachtwandler_21 said:

oh yeah...

what about the nanachi thing?

she said bondrewd can see them from her eyes, but how?

Oh yeah, I’m lost about the Nanachi thing too. What does it mean to “see consciousness” and how does she have that ability? Did they ever explain it in the past season or movies?

Jul 20, 2022 11:48 AM
Feb 2022
I liked it because the episode shows that Riko finds what was stolen but she is being polished and a hollow shows a store where they would have to give what was of great value to them and a hollow crushes Riko's pet and after that he is killed for having touched something of great value to her
Jul 20, 2022 11:52 AM
Sep 2021
waiting a week for a episode I always forget how creepy and panic inducing MiA can be. can't wait for the next episode.
Jul 20, 2022 12:18 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
This village is definitely one of the creepiest part of Made in Abyss for me not for the gore stuff but because of how disturbing the ambiance is, especially when that little monster got punished for hurting Meinya even taking pieces of his meat... so Faputa could be that little girl that got rescued back then? :o
Jul 20, 2022 12:22 PM

Mar 2021
This ep was pretty disturbing and I usually have a strong stomach, had to skip through the gore of maa/pink monster and them hurting meinya
Jul 20, 2022 12:27 PM

Jun 2016
Ashhk said:
so Faputa could be that little girl that got rescued back then? :o
No, but the main group already encountered "that little girl". It's a "fail to see the forest for the trees" kind of thing, but if you really want to know who the little girl is:

NoumuJul 20, 2022 12:39 PM
Jul 20, 2022 1:11 PM

Apr 2018
Holy shit, what a banger of an episode. That ending left me with goosebumps! It hit the right fucking spot. Reg found something fasinicating, a piece of history left behind turned into a supreme hollow. I've seen her a few times in fan edits and stuff so it'll be interested to know more about her. Excited for the next episode. The monsters look disgusting but really creative and what happend to that one pink hollow disgusted me for real.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jul 20, 2022 1:17 PM
Jul 2022
Ashhk said:
This village is definitely one of the creepiest part of Made in Abyss for me not for the gore stuff but because of how disturbing the ambiance is, especially when that little monster got punished for hurting Meinya even taking pieces of his meat... so Faputa could be that little girl that got rescued back then? :o

...the hollow city has been by *far* the creepiest/most unsettling/upsetting part of the narrative thus far.

And the colour scheme that Kojima chose to go with...? seriously?

c'mon, Kojima....how putridly poetic of you
Jul 20, 2022 1:19 PM
Jul 2022
Mcsuper said:
Incredibly fascinating episode, and I'm starting to like Majikaja, very interesting character. That said, this was the most unsettling episode of the season so far, and some of the creatures are pure nightmare fuel.

Princess Faputa... I wonder who she is, we'll find out soon I'm sure...

'Kaja, Faputa, & to a lesser extent Ozen are most fans' favourite characters, it seems like.
Jul 20, 2022 1:23 PM
Jul 2022
Aritra_Choudhuri said:
4.8/10 . Everything was perfect character reaction monster designs the concept of hollows having a vessel etc etc . the market place scene and the values concept was just perfect .the Thing I don't like about this episode is that there is no build up to faputa's reveal and rikos mood swings are a bit too much

Riko is such an awful protagonist, and Reg is almost as obnoxious/unrealistic. It's always been such a harsh dichotomy/paradox between the outright epic brilliance of the narrative, and the two primary protagonists being so painfully grating.

In fact, I can't think of another story where the "supporting" characters are so infinitely more interesting & multidimensional/relatable compared to the main ones
Jul 20, 2022 5:44 PM

Mar 2020
I thought Meinya will die there 😂. Ughh the some part of guts really popped out.

And sorry for the pink hollow. Because of the balancing it was.... 🙃

So who is this Faputa. Looking forward next week.
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
Jul 20, 2022 5:59 PM
May 2020
Aritra_Choudhuri said:

why specifically 4.8/10 lol ?
Agree with riko's mood swings being a little weird with all the poop scenes and whatnot but faputa's reveal had quite a bit of buildup: the earthquake, the hollows gathering to see, nanachi and reg wondering if she's the one who guided them, and majikaja struggling to find the words to explain what she is as reg is about to face her.
Jul 20, 2022 6:04 PM

May 2021
MIA bating me with playful moments followed immediately by Meinya getting squeezed mercilessly. That was horrifying to see. Just as horrifying to see what the "Law Enforcement Agency" of Golden City did to the pink blob for disturbing the balance.

Jul 20, 2022 6:10 PM

Mar 2019
I felt so sad when i read the part of Maa-san in the manga....

Now seeing it animated, i felt worse for Maa-san...

That cute little booty... must be protected too.

........... First look at Faputa....

Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Jul 20, 2022 7:01 PM
Jun 2019
A pretty intense episode imo. We learned more about the hollow village, which was pretty interesting. With Faputa likely being the little girl with white-ish? hair, the hollows in the village are very likely going to be the other cave raiders we’re following. Something definitely feels off about that village, they should leave as soon as possible.
Graduated High School in May of 2022. Summer vacation has finally arrived. I have once again regained the power of a new anime fan, being able to watch multiple anime episodes in a day. Time to binge-watch every single anime I can into the night until college arrives. SADGE. SUPER SADGE... College has begun as of Monday, August 30, 2022, so you won't be seeing me much around these parks. See you on weekends, I guess... School me is back. Sigh! I'll at least try for one anime a day with all this course load.
Jul 20, 2022 7:22 PM

Mar 2015
if riko is gonna take a shit every other episode this is gonna turn into a meme
Am I a good person? No. But do I try to be better every single day? Also no
Jul 20, 2022 8:26 PM
Oct 2021
jimtsap04 said:
Aritra_Choudhuri said:

Agree with riko's mood swings being a little weird with all the poop scenes and whatnot but faputa's reveal had quite a bit of buildup: the earthquake, the hollows gathering to see, nanachi and reg wondering if she's the one who guided them, and majikaja struggling to find the words to explain what she is as reg is about to face her.
I didn't like the buildup After seeing prushka the trip almost forgot about the theif and then the tremors take place and nanachi deduces that faputa can be the theif i mean it'd be better if the trip were trying to search among the villager for the theif.
Jul 20, 2022 8:38 PM
May 2020
Aritra_Choudhuri said:
jimtsap04 said:

I didn't like the buildup After seeing prushka the trip almost forgot about the theif and then the tremors take place and nanachi deduces that faputa can be the theif i mean it'd be better if the trip were trying to search among the villager for the theif.

I'm sorry but your quote is kind of hard to read, I can't quite tell what you found wrong about the buildup and why...
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2022

411 by YungGrif »»
Sep 26, 3:04 PM

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2022

262 by topfloorboss45 »»
Sep 24, 3:54 AM

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xenocrisi - Jul 13, 2022

186 by topfloorboss45 »»
Sep 23, 5:48 AM

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2022

302 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 14, 2:18 PM

Poll: » Made in Abyss: Retsujitsu no Ougonkyou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2022

248 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 13, 10:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.