Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 15, 2022 6:46 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Publisher Kodansha opened an official website for a television anime adaptation of Akihiko Higuchi's Edomae Elf (Otaku Elf) manga on Wednesday. The website revealed the main cast, staff, first key visual (pictured), and first promotional video.

Yuka Ozaki (Kemono Friends) and Ami Koshimizu (Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Crystal) are starring as Koito Koganei and Elda, respectively.

Staff
Director: Takefumi Anzai (Hitoribocchi no Marumaru Seikatsu, Puraore! Pride of Orange)
Series Composition, Script: Shougo Yasukawa (Shokei Shoujo no Virgin Road, Shokugeki no Souma)
Character Design, Chief Animation Director: Takeshi Oda (Harukana Receive, Majo no Tabitabi)
Music: Akito Matsuda (Hibike! Euphonium, Assault Lily: Bouquet)
Studio: C2C

Higuchi began serializing the slice of life comedy manga in Shounen Magazine Edge in June 2019. Kodansha shipped the fifth volume on November 17, with the sixth volume scheduled to release on June 16.

Seven seas Entertainment licensed the manga in English in August 2020 and will publish the fourth volume on June 28.

Synopsis
Koganei Koito works as the teenage shrine maiden at the Takamimi Shrine, catering to the whims of its resident: a centuries-old elf who loves video games as much as she hates going outside! Line up your offerings for the otaku elf—some energy drinks, chips, and video games will do nicely—and watch her new friends scramble to keep up! (Source: Seven Seas Entertainment)

PV

Official site: https://edomae-elf.com/
Official Twitter: @edomae_elf

Source: Comic Natalie

Edomae Elf on MAL
DatRandomDudeJun 16, 2022 10:21 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 15, 2022 6:57 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Oh this sounds like it'll be a lot of fun lol
Jun 15, 2022 7:12 AM

Nov 2021
Definitely will be watching this
Will be fun to watch when bored tbh
Jun 15, 2022 7:30 AM

Jun 2022
Sounds awesome, I will for sure be checking this one out.
Jun 15, 2022 8:06 AM

Apr 2016
Is this like a glorified nintendo switch promo ?
Jun 15, 2022 8:31 AM

Oct 2010
I thought I'd seen it all, then there's this otaku elf and a miko. I'll watch it and forget about it after 2 days
Jun 15, 2022 9:00 AM

Jul 2015
Last time we had an elf character named Elda, it was pretty enjoyable show. I even rewatched it a few times.
Hope this one will be as good.

Jun 15, 2022 9:07 AM

May 2020
Even an elf is an otaku, as if normal human beings weren't enough.
Jun 15, 2022 9:40 AM

Feb 2022
This looks like a blast.
Jun 15, 2022 11:03 AM

Feb 2012
Looks like Himouto Umaru Chan just in a different setting. Will keep an eye out for.
Jun 15, 2022 3:07 PM

Jul 2019
Idk about you but I am loving this elf girl.
Jun 15, 2022 5:13 PM
Aug 2021
looks like cringefest :P
Jun 15, 2022 5:17 PM
Aug 2019
Heck yeah!!!! I bought three of the volumes and the fourth one coming on June 28th, and yet I still get this great news. I definitely did not see this coming but I’m so glad It happened!
Jun 16, 2022 12:19 AM
Apr 2019
hoping it won't be hated because the otaku here is a girl and lack boys as characters

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Jun 17, 2022 2:32 AM

Oct 2017
Anime about cute otaku elf? I'm in.
Jun 17, 2022 6:05 AM

Feb 2019
Sounds horrendous. Just another basic Umaru clone. It doesn't even seem like her being an elf has any relevance, that synopsis could apply to any race or archetype.
Well I for one already loved Lain.
Jun 22, 2022 11:12 AM

Apr 2012
Rosary_Diva said:
hoping it won't be hated because the otaku here is a girl and lack boys as characters

I find it funny how you keep pretending that some work with such a premise will be criticized, not vice versa.
Jun 22, 2022 9:17 PM
Apr 2019
RobertBobert said:
Rosary_Diva said:

I find it funny how you keep pretending that some work with such a premise will be criticized, not vice versa.

Do you know Virgin Road? the anime that was hated for having a female lead? the otaku public believes that every anime that has some fantasy owes a protagonist with whom they self-inserted themselves into the story and have a harem, I'm sure many will feel cheated because that elf is not in love with a guy.

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."
Jun 23, 2022 12:39 AM

Apr 2012
Rosary_Diva said:
RobertBobert said:

Do you know Virgin Road? the anime that was hated for having a female lead? the otaku public believes that every anime that has some fantasy owes a protagonist with whom they self-inserted themselves into the story and have a harem, I'm sure many will feel cheated because that elf is not in love with a guy.

You are pretending again. Virgin Road has never been criticized for having a female protagonist. Like no other anime has been criticized due to the lack of male self-instert. Moreover, a significant part of the fans of the show even mockingly attacked other viewers, claiming that this show is "take that!" for those who love shows with male protagonists. And you are well aware of this, so I advise you to stop all this gross trolling.

In fact, it looks like you finally realized that attacks by people like you on those who are not into all-female were too obviously toxic, so you changed tactics and are now trying to make yourself a victim by blaming them for the attacks.
RobertBobertJun 23, 2022 12:42 AM
Jun 23, 2022 5:57 AM

Aug 2021
Ah, I see. She's like Umaru-chan but less obnoxious. Right.
Jun 23, 2022 9:35 AM
Apr 2019
RobertBobert said:
Rosary_Diva said:

You are pretending again. Virgin Road has never been criticized for having a female protagonist. Like no other anime has been criticized due to the lack of male self-instert. Moreover, a significant part of the fans of the show even mockingly attacked other viewers, claiming that this show is "take that!" for those who love shows with male protagonists. And you are well aware of this, so I advise you to stop all this gross trolling.

In fact, it looks like you finally realized that attacks by people like you on those who are not into all-female were too obviously toxic, so you changed tactics and are now trying to make yourself a victim by blaming them for the attacks.

you must be blind or you really don't going for the forums since this not even scratching the surface

also on twitter, tik tok everyone kept asking if Mitsuki is alive or if he comes back to life later and said the show would be better if boy was the MC instead.

Jun 23, 2022 10:00 AM

Apr 2012
Rosary_Diva said:
RobertBobert said:

you must be blind or you really don't going for the forums since this not even scratching the surface

also on twitter, tik tok everyone kept asking if Mitsuki is alive or if he comes back to life later and said the show would be better if boy was the MC instead.

I'm not blind enough to see that you are once again engaged in outright demagoguery. You don't try so hard that even two-thirds of your screenshots mention that the problem is not so much because she's a female protagonist, but rather because of the highly controversial killing of a male character in the first episode.

The remaining third was still demonized by you, as people don't talk about the need for harems and self-inserts, only that a show with a male MC is easier for them in terms of empathy (not to mention that such a discussion was provoked by the same death of the character and the controversy that arose because of this). All this suggests that you either did not try at all in finding examples, or the situation was so different from your statements that you had to use even those examples that actually contradicted your statements.

This is getting lame with each new response, so once again I urge you to stop pretending that people were criticizing the show because of the gender of the MC, and not the problematic plot decisions in the first episode. The very idea that anyone would criticize an all-female show for not being a harem with a self-insert male MC is so laughable that the fact that this kind of mental gymnastics is your only argument already says enough .
RobertBobertJun 23, 2022 10:16 AM
Jun 23, 2022 1:37 PM
Aug 2020
RobertBobert said:
Rosary_Diva said:

I'm not blind enough to see that you are once again engaged in outright demagoguery. You don't try so hard that even two-thirds of your screenshots mention that the problem is not so much because she's a female protagonist, but rather because of the highly controversial killing of a male character in the first episode.

The remaining third was still demonized by you, as people don't talk about the need for harems and self-inserts, only that a show with a male MC is easier for them in terms of empathy (not to mention that such a discussion was provoked by the same death of the character and the controversy that arose because of this). All this suggests that you either did not try at all in finding examples, or the situation was so different from your statements that you had to use even those examples that actually contradicted your statements.

This is getting lame with each new response, so once again I urge you to stop pretending that people were criticizing the show because of the gender of the MC, and not the problematic plot decisions in the first episode. The very idea that anyone would criticize an all-female show for not being a harem with a self-insert male MC is so laughable that the fact that this kind of mental gymnastics is your only argument already says enough .

I am sorry to inform you that laughable theory is true. If a male character killed that guy there would not have been all this hate they all hate this anime because this is not thier usual self incert shit anime but instead something else and the fact just a girl who they usually thing will be the main romance and fanservice character kills him made them even angry you can't even all the reason for this being this low is downvoting caused by this and also not to mention those people are so shit that they literally send people who are liking this series with images of mutilated corpses.
Jun 23, 2022 1:58 PM

Apr 2012
Ace_Entertainers said:
RobertBobert said:

I am sorry to inform you that laughable theory is true. If a male character killed that guy there would not have been all this hate they all hate this anime because this is not thier usual self incert shit anime but instead something else and the fact just a girl who they usually thing will be the main romance and fanservice character kills him made them even angry you can't even all the reason for this being this low is downvoting caused by this and also not to mention those people are so shit that they literally send people who are liking this series with images of mutilated corpses.

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but the literal repetition of someone else's thesis is not a new argument. Also, you, like DIva, admitted without anyone's help that the conflict had a certain reason, so no matter how salty you are, the problem is still in a controversial plot decision, and not the gender of the MC as such.

P.S. And this is again a fan of moe all-female and yuri. I wonder how it still impresses me how people like you manage to accuse someone of gender bias and fetish abuse.
Jun 23, 2022 3:58 PM
Aug 2020
RobertBobert said:
Ace_Entertainers said:

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but the literal repetition of someone else's thesis is not a new argument. Also, you, like DIva, admitted without anyone's help that the conflict had a certain reason, so no matter how salty you are, the problem is still in a controversial plot decision, and not the gender of the MC as such.

P.S. And this is again a fan of moe all-female and yuri. I wonder how it still impresses me how people like you manage to accuse someone of gender bias and fetish abuse.

I still don't get how a character death can be considered a "controversial decision" when so many stories have character death on them and a lot of them have characters murdered and even committing genocide and war crimes. While just a girl killing a guy who people thought was thier mc killed a bad thing to do when it is completely explained and everything. And all the haters just have this one point the male mc got killed and hence the show got turned into "shit yuri moe anime" and even a few people said "They wish that the guy gets back and r*pes the girls." Even a person with a little common sense will be able to tell that they are bad at the show having a female mc.
P.S. As for me accusing them is something I think must be done as for some reason the mods of Mal are incapable of seeing the fucked up stuff they are talking about. As someone who likes to give every genre a chance and not be biased towards one the thinge these "Isekai fans" have been saying has made me hate this genre even more.
Ace_EntertainersJun 23, 2022 4:08 PM
Jun 23, 2022 4:14 PM

Apr 2012
Ace_Entertainers said:
RobertBobert said:

I still don't get how a character death can be considered a "controversial decision" when so many stories have character death on them and a lot of them have characters murdered and even committing genocide and war crimes. While just a girl killing a guy who people thought was thier mc killed a bad thing to do when it is completely explained and everything. And all the haters just have this one point the male mc got killed and hence the show got turned into "shit yuri moe anime" and even a few people said "They wish that the guy gets back and r*pes the girls." Even a person with a little common sense will be able to tell that they are bad at the show having a female mc.

You are very salty, so you only see a bias attack in this, which is far from the truth. Some people were just fooled into not knowing it was a yuri show (because for some reason western resources were ignoring it), other pissed off that it was a classic example of the cruel and problematic treatment of male characters in yuri/yuri-all female works. As an experiment, just swap the genders of the characters and imagine a typical otome isekai with a similar premise. It will look like a gross sexist mockery of female characters. So, in the context of all this (which you yourself even admit), to say that people were annoyed just because of the gender of the MC is outright manipulation.

And I also urge you to stop abusing labels and strawmens as an excuse to reject opinions you don't like. It's just immature and toxic. Complaining about "self-insert harem shit" is no better than complaining about "shit yuri anime". To the point that several hardcore yuri fans literally used a similar taunt to mock people who didn't even care. Just to say another "take that!" to those who are not fond of yuri or shipping.

UPD. Are you saying that moderators ignore what "isekai fans" write? Lol, these people don't even write 10% of the arrogant and provocative bullshit that "yuri fans" or more general isekai haters write (Which is pretty ironic considering Virgin Road is also an isekai and you people never have a problem with isekai if it has female protagonists). For example, constant insults and humiliation towards male protagonists or characters, often reaching outright misandry and sexism. And it really very rarely gets punished by the moderators. I'm really worried about the modern trend of blaming people for what the prosecutors themselves do, even in large quantities.
RobertBobertJun 23, 2022 4:30 PM
Jun 23, 2022 4:30 PM
Aug 2020

You are very salty, so you only see a bias attack in this, which is far from the truth. Some people were just fooled into not knowing it was a yuri show (because for some reason western resources were ignoring it), other pissed off that it was a classic example of the cruel and problematic treatment of male characters in yuri/yuri-all female works.

As an experiment, just swap the genders of the characters and imagine a typical otome isekai with a similar premise. It will look like a gross sexist mockery of female characters.

And I also urge you to stop abusing labels and strawmens as an excuse to reject opinions you don't like. It's just immature and toxic. Complaining about "self-insert harem shit" is no better than complaining about "shit yuri anime". To the point that several hardcore yuri fans literally used a similar taunt to mock people who didn't even care. Just to say another "take that!" to those who are not fond of yuri or shipping.

The first point people had no idea about this is bs. The shows synopsis literally spoiled the entire first episode and who dies and who is the mc and if you missed it the show literally is called The "Executioner" and "Her" Way of Life. Does not need someone with Newton's brain to figure out what the story is going to be about so you can't say they did not know and the PVS made it even clearer.
Second if the gender change happens and the characters turn male I would still watch it for a good story. Gender does not matter to me and killing one girl/male doesn't make a show bad in anyway when you have them tell and show you that both the genders are being killed in the story.
Yeah I am going to be salty because if one of the best anime for you got hate for stupid reasons you would be salty too, who would not.
And I can respect different opinions if the are right at least in some way. When someone's opinion is literally based on such shitty reason then I have to call bs on that.
And about that take that I never did that if someone do it is wrong but they are not right for hating on a show just because yuri and all girls in it. And the yuri isn't even a big part of it. If you have no idea of yuri this is literally nothing which will give to too much Yuri feeling as the story is way more interesting and focused.
Ace_EntertainersJun 23, 2022 4:35 PM
Jun 23, 2022 4:42 PM

Apr 2012
Ace_Entertainers said:

You are very salty, so you only see a bias attack in this, which is far from the truth. Some people were just fooled into not knowing it was a yuri show (because for some reason western resources were ignoring it), other pissed off that it was a classic example of the cruel and problematic treatment of male characters in yuri/yuri-all female works.

As an experiment, just swap the genders of the characters and imagine a typical otome isekai with a similar premise. It will look like a gross sexist mockery of female characters.

The first point people had no idea about this is bs. The shows synopsis literally spoiled the entire first episode and who dies and who is the mc and if you missed it the show literally is called The "Executioner" and "Her" Way of Life. Does not need someone with Newton's brain to figure out what the story is going to be about so you can't say they did not know and the PVS made it even clearer.
Second if the gender change happens and the characters turn male I would still watch it for a good story. Gender does not matter to me and killing one girl/male doesn't make a show bad in anyway when you have them tell and show you that both the genders are being killed in the story.
Yeah I am going to be salty because if one of the best anime for you got hate for stupid reasons you would be salty too, who would not.
And I can respect different opinions if the are right at least in some way. When someone's opinion is literally based on such shitty reason then I have to call bs on that.
And about that take that I never did that if someone do it is wrong but they are not right for hating on a show just because yuri and all girls in it. And the yuri isn't even a big part of it. If you have no idea of yuri this is literally nothing which will give to too much Yuri feeling as the story is way more interesting and focused.

You have no idea how many people ignore the synopsis or don't read it very well. Hell, a lot of people were furious that Love Lab turned out to be a straight show, even though the synopsis literally set it up as a show about girls dreaming of guys. Noticed a trend? We're back again to yuri fans showing the same problems they're trying to blame their imaginary enemies for. And naming it after a female character doesn't mean anything, we have a bunch of shows with a male protagonist named after a female lead. For example, Suzuka or Akame ga Kill.

It's not a shitty reason. You've convinced yourself that its shitty in order to rationalize your denial of it. In fact, you simply removed from your mind the reason why people were angry on the show with a female protagonist, thereby creating the illusion that people were angry on the show precisely because of the very presence of a female protagonist in it. It's a rude strawman, don't be like that.

Nobody cares what you can watch. You are currently playing on the side of extremely offensive and intolerant people who regularly use every opportunity to insult and troll those who either prefer male protagonists or are simply not a fan of yuri or all-female content. And if earlier they were just unequivocal offensive assholes, now they are actually trying to portray the victim of someone else's intolerance, which, given the above, is extremely offensive and outrageously.

Do you know how often I have heard these excuses? Every second person who attacked someone because of a "shitty" opinion likes to say that they respect any opinion, it's just that the opinion is "wrong" or "shitty". Excuses like that are worthless unless you really really respect other people's opinions and don't look for excuses to attack them.
RobertBobertJun 23, 2022 4:56 PM
Jun 24, 2022 1:04 AM

Feb 2017
@RobertBobert

surely people at the very least will definitely see and read the title, right?

as stated by @Ace_Entertainers

the show literally is called The "Executioner" and "Her" Way of Life

@RobertBobert you said

so no matter how salty you are, the problem is still in a controversial plot decision, and not the gender of the MC as such.

thats incorrect,

your logic only makes sense if the Executioner is the Only anime that goes down the "controversial" route

its been Established even since episode 1 why the lost ones Must be killed,
Menou's action as the Executioner isnt controversial at all

thx to the Executioners the world is in peace for a millennium,
no more new major human error popping up since then

we've seen and watched other anime with male MC that legit goes down the controversial route,
as an example;
do you know the infamous Ainz Ooal Gown from Overlord?

he casually decided to conquer the world, for no reason

also
despite him being established as incapable of feeling emotions,
he's still laughing happily for breaking the game record by killing almost a million of people, unnecessarily

do people hate Overlord for being controversial?
not really,
many people still say Ainz is the coolest guy but
somehow not Menou from the Executioner? lol how?

later down the road
the Chruch is clearly shown to have an in depth analysis proven by multiple concrete evidences (a continent legit turned into Salt, 1/3 the world's population get killed and there are 4 human major errors in total) regarding why they Must kill the lost ones

however
12 episodes in,
people still mention things that happened way back in episode 1
the Death of their beloved isekai harem male MC

the Death of mitsuki,
the potential isekai harem male MC in episode 1 Matters A Lot

in fact, its all about him

iF people truly hate the Executioner due to a controversial plot decision as you claimed above

why only Menou who gets so much hatred?
nobody mentioned Flare
she's also the Executioner,
she killed more "innocents/ the lost ones" than Menou,
its even shown on screen how she killed a mother in front of her daughter
but
people couldn't careless how much controversial this scene was lol
nobody mentioned it

Lab_Rat_0978Jun 24, 2022 1:22 AM
Jun 24, 2022 1:20 AM

Dec 2018
Awwwww they are so cute together!!! Are they little elf lesbians that like to kiss each other all day long!! I sure hope so,,,,YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

I don't like the director Takefumi Anzai to be honest. But I will still give this anime a chance

Japan!! I want sweet Yuri!! Give me!! I demand it!!!

Yuri-CrusaderJun 24, 2022 2:41 AM
Jun 24, 2022 1:31 AM

Apr 2012
@Lab_Rat_0978 First, I have already refused to discuss anything with you because of your constant manipulation. Secondly, your answer is so unreadable and excessively that it is simply impossible to answer it (not to mention the fact that its cursory inspection once again reveals gross manipulation and pulling out of context). Even if I wanted to.

I'm sorry. Learn to correctly express your thoughts if you want people to discuss something with you.
RobertBobertJun 24, 2022 1:41 AM
Jun 24, 2022 2:42 AM

Feb 2017
RobertBobert said:
@Lab_Rat_0978 First, I have already refused to discuss anything with you because of your constant manipulation. Secondly, your answer is so unreadable and excessively that it is simply impossible to answer it (not to mention the fact that its cursory inspection once again reveals gross manipulation and pulling out of context). Even if I wanted to.

I'm sorry. Learn to correctly express your thoughts if you want people to discuss something with you.

it was you who first carelessly claimed that
the problem in the Executioner is still "in a controversial plot decision," and not the gender of the MC as such

so I tried to explain the reasons why the Church decide to kill the lost ones no question asked, theyre like virus/plagues you know?
why do you think the main reason we've been trying to kill all covid19 virus now a days?
lol

one of the 4 major humans errors, Pandemonium of the south was sealed a thousand of years ago aand her descendants all types of monsters such as; dark lords, angels, demons, dragons etc
are doing just fine eating people and spreading chaos all around the world until present day. its the equivalent of bringing back spiritual mutant dinosaurs to 2022 irl

its mentioned at the end of archbishop orwell arc,
its quite dangerous for anyone(even for Menou) to travel from one country to another country. everyone especially common/normal people are isolated, they can only live behind the walls for the rest of their life

no more major human error causing more terror in the last a thousand years is a concrete evidence that the Church and Executioners are on the good side,
its quite similar to World Health Organization (WHO) decision to eradicate all covid19 in the world via vaccination and the protocols such as; wearing the mask, physical distancing etc

Lab_Rat_0978Jun 24, 2022 2:48 AM
Jun 24, 2022 2:46 AM

Apr 2012
Lab_Rat_0978 said:
RobertBobert said:

the problem in the Executioner is still "in a controversial plot decision," and not the gender of the MC as such

so I tried to explain the reasons why the Church decide to kill the lost ones no question asked, theyre like virus/plagues you know?
why do you think the main reason we've been trying to kill all covid19 virus now a days?
lol

one of the 4 major humans errors, Pandemonium of the south was sealed a thousand of years ago aand her descendants all types of monsters such as; dark lords, angels, demons, dragons etc
are doing just fine eating people and spreading chaos all around the world until present day. its the equivalent of bringing back super mutant dinosaurs to 2020 irl

its quite dangerous for anyone(even for Menou) to travel from one country to another country. everyone especially common/normal are isolated, they can only live for the rest of their life behind the walls

no more major human error causing more terror in the last a thousand years is a concrete evidence that the Church and Executioners are on the good side,
its quite similar to World Health Organization (WHO) decision to eradicate all covid19 in the world via vaccination and the protocols such as; wearing the mask, physical distancing etc

Was there anything in my message that you didn't understand? I refuse to engage in a discussion with users who I have previously seen in gross manipulation and I am not going to waste my time and energy on parsing bad, unreadable arguments. I hope I don't have to repeat this a third time.

You don't even care that we didn't discuss Vigrin Road as such, only blaming people who found it problematic.
RobertBobertJun 24, 2022 2:50 AM
Jun 24, 2022 2:51 AM
Aug 2020
You have no idea how many people ignore the synopsis or don't read it very well. Hell, a lot of people were furious that Love Lab turned out to be a straight show, even though the synopsis literally set it up as a show about girls dreaming of guys. Noticed a trend? We're back again to yuri fans showing the same problems they're trying to blame their imaginary enemies for. And naming it after a female character doesn't mean anything, we have a bunch of shows with a male protagonist named after a female lead. For example, Suzuka or Akame ga Kill.

It's not a shitty reason. You've convinced yourself that its shitty in order to rationalize your denial of it. In fact, you simply removed from your mind the reason why people were angry on the show with a female protagonist, thereby creating the illusion that people were angry on the show precisely because of the very presence of a female protagonist in it. It's a rude strawman, don't be like that.

Nobody cares what you can watch. You are currently playing on the side of extremely offensive and intolerant people who regularly use every opportunity to insult and troll those who either prefer male protagonists or are simply not a fan of yuri or all-female content. And if earlier they were just unequivocal offensive assholes, now they are actually trying to portray the victim of someone else's intolerance, which, given the above, is extremely offensive and outrageously.

Do you know how often I have heard these excuses? Every second person who attacked someone because of a "shitty" opinion likes to say that they respect any opinion, it's just that the opinion is "wrong" or "shitty". Excuses like that are worthless unless you really really respect other people's opinions and don't look for excuses to attack them.

That does not mean shit a lot of shows have misleading title or synopsis or moments and maybe a few people hate them because of it but nowhere near this. I don't know how much blind you have to be to see the number of people who are talking shit about this show for having a female mc instead of being a male mc and the shit got so bad that mal literally had to remove accounts and posts for the fucked up posts.
Well you are also not liking my "opinion" and are arguing against it even tho I can show countless proof to you that my opinions are based on stuff people actually said while you are just here protecting them with just bad analogy. If they say fucked up opinions about anime they should be banned as it is not good for anime. Just imagine if people downvoted AOT to hell just because they commit genocide there and as the main character is a male do you not think the fans of that series will not get mad or they will be like fair and great reason. This is not just with aot imagine your favourite anime or some anime you really like and then it gets downvoted and hated just because it has a particular gender mc any sane person will be angry at the people doing it for such bad reason
Jun 24, 2022 2:57 AM

Feb 2017
RobertBobert said:
Lab_Rat_0978 said:

lol

are doing just fine eating people and spreading chaos all around the world until present day. its the equivalent of bringing back super mutant dinosaurs to 2020 irl

its quite dangerous for anyone(even for Menou) to travel from one country to another country. everyone especially common/normal are isolated, they can only live for the rest of their life behind the walls

Was there anything in my message that you didn't understand? I refuse to engage in a discussion with users who I have previously seen in gross manipulation and I am not going to waste my time and energy on parsing bad, unreadable arguments. I hope I don't have to repeat this a third time.

you legit planned to waste your precious time on repeating yourself three times instead of just having a discussion like civilized people?

alrighty then lmfao
Im simply stating the truth about how incorrect you are but....
apparently your ego couldn't handle it

have a good day
Jun 24, 2022 2:59 AM

Apr 2012
Ace_Entertainers said:

That does not mean shit a lot of shows have misleading title or synopsis or moments and maybe a few people hate them because of it but nowhere near this. I don't know how much blind you have to be to see the number of people who are talking shit about this show for having a female mc instead of being a male mc and the shit got so bad that mal literally had to remove accounts and posts for the fucked up posts.
Well you are also not liking my "opinion" and are arguing against it even tho I can show countless proof to you that my opinions are based on stuff people actually said while you are just here protecting them with just bad analogy. If they say fucked up opinions about anime they should be banned as it is not good for anime. Just imagine if people downvoted AOT to hell just because they commit genocide there and as the main character is a male do you not think the fans of that series will not get mad or they will be like fair and great reason. This is not just with aot imagine your favourite anime or some anime you really like and then it gets downvoted and hated just because it has a particular gender mc any sane person will be angry at the people doing it for such bad reason

Your "proof" is simply the periodic repetition of the same theses, combined with ignoring the original problem of the dispute. The gender of AOT's MC won't be much of an issue because his violence isn't gender-focused in any way and the show is getting a lot of well-deserved and no criticism for many other reasons.

I totally understand why you are salty. But your stubborn ignorance of the real reason for the complaints and continued compulsive repetition that all this was caused only by the gender of the MC is, to put it mildly, starting to frankly annoy. This is reminiscent of the classic behavior of a minority criminal who, ignoring any evidence of guilt, tries to justify himself by claiming that the charge was motivated by his ethnic roots.

Lab_Rat_0978 said:
RobertBobert said:

you legit planned to waste your precious time on repeating yourself three times instead of just having a discussion like civilized people?

alrighty then lmfao
Im simply stating the truth about how incorrect you are but....
apparently your ego couldn't handle it

have a good day

I am warning you for the last time. Further ignoring my requests will end with a request to the moderators to stop the persecution.
RobertBobertJun 24, 2022 3:02 AM
Jun 24, 2022 3:14 AM
Aug 2020

Your "proof" is simply the periodic repetition of the same theses, combined with ignoring the original problem of the dispute. The gender of AOT's MC won't be much of an issue because his violence isn't gender-focused in any way and the show is getting a lot of well-deserved and no criticism for many other reasons.

I totally understand why you are salty. But your stubborn ignorance of the real reason for the complaints and continued compulsive repetition that all this was caused only by the gender of the MC is, to put it mildly, starting to frankly annoy. This is reminiscent of the classic behavior of a minority criminal who, ignoring any evidence of guilt, tries to justify himself by claiming that the charge was motivated by his ethnic roots.
[/quote]
Well I just saw that you haven't watched this anime so first I suggest watching this and then giving opinions about it. Your point of no gender focused killing is true here too every gender is killed here but only the first death causes controversy and not the others.
Here are some screenshots of why before mal removed them
https://twitter.com/EntertainersAce/status/1516816818757054466?t=n6DD2rk2YQLQQsNvmZx8YA&s=19
https://twitter.com/EntertainersAce/status/1533138581338099713?t=n6DD2rk2YQLQQsNvmZx8YA&s=19
I am not going to take the minority route because I know yuri anime are in the minority but I have watched a lot of anime in the two years I have been watching anime and I have shit takes but I am believe as people have told me my taste is good and I have never seen any anime being hated to this level out of the 850 anime I have watched for this bad and unexplained reason.
Jun 24, 2022 3:26 AM

Apr 2012
Ace_Entertainers said:

Well I just saw that you haven't watched this anime so first I suggest watching this and then giving opinions about it. Your point of no gender focused killing is true here too every gender is killed here but only the first death causes controversy and not the others.
https://twitter.com/EntertainersAce/status/1516816818757054466?t=n6DD2rk2YQLQQsNvmZx8YA&s=19
https://twitter.com/EntertainersAce/status/1533138581338099713?t=n6DD2rk2YQLQQsNvmZx8YA&s=19
I am not going to take the minority route because I know yuri anime are in the minority but I have watched a lot of anime in the two years I have been watching anime and I have shit takes but I am believe as people have told me my taste is good and I have never seen any anime being hated to this level out of the 850 anime I have watched for this bad and unexplained reason.[/quote]

Dude, can you even hear me? No matter how heated the controversy has become since then, the cause is still there, and as we have already seen, it was not caused directly by the gender of the MC. The fact that then, in the fire of the dispute, someone attacked the genre itself or MCs still won't remove it.

By taking insulting comments from the fire of the conflict and ignoring its cause by saying that it was only caused by the gender of the MC you are literally using this route in the most classic way. Moreover, by pointing out how weird this sounds in your eyes, you are practically pointing out yourself that the idea of ​​hating a show because of the gender of an MC is weird and unique.

And it's true, since the gender of the MC was not the original cause of the conflict, but you keep ignoring it.
Jun 24, 2022 3:32 AM
Aug 2020
RobertBobert said:
Ace_Entertainers said:

I am not going to take the minority route because I know yuri anime are in the minority but I have watched a lot of anime in the two years I have been watching anime and I have shit takes but I am believe as people have told me my taste is good and I have never seen any anime being hated to this level out of the 850 anime I have watched for this bad and unexplained reason.

Dude, can you even hear me? No matter how heated the controversy has become since then, the cause is still there, and as we have already seen, it was not caused directly by the gender of the MC. The fact that then, in the fire of the dispute, someone attacked the genre itself or MCs still won't remove it.

No, you're using this route because you continue to grossly ignore the original reason for the argument in favor of your dogmatic belief that people SUDDENLY started to hate a certain show because of a female MC. Which is absolute nonsense, to the point where even you yourself admit that it is weird.

By taking insulting comments from the fire of the conflict and ignoring its cause by saying that it was only caused by the gender of the MC you are literally using this route in the most classic way. Moreover, by pointing out how weird this sounds in your eyes, you are practically pointing out yourself that the idea of ​​hating a show because of the gender of an MC is weird and unique.

And it's true, since the gender of the MC was not the original cause of the conflict, but you keep ignoring it.[/quote]
Well then what do you say is the reason that multiple new accounts are being created to give this a one and so many people hating it. You are never saying what the actual reason just saying that it is not the mc gender reason. You need to give me your side of the argument. Just arguing that it is not the reason I am saying even tho it is the most obvious one and even has a thread on it called "Does The Protagonist feel like a bad guy to anyone"
Jun 24, 2022 3:46 AM

Apr 2012
Ace_Entertainers said:
RobertBobert said:

No, you're using this route because you continue to grossly ignore the original reason for the argument in favor of your dogmatic belief that people SUDDENLY started to hate a certain show because of a female MC. Which is absolute nonsense, to the point where even you yourself admit that it is weird.

And it's true, since the gender of the MC was not the original cause of the conflict, but you keep ignoring it.

Well then what do you say is the reason that multiple new accounts are being created to give this a one and so many people hating it. You are never saying what the actual reason just saying that it is not the mc gender reason. You need to give me your side of the argument. Just arguing that it is not the reason I am saying even tho it is the most obvious one and even has a thread on it called "Does The Protagonist feel like a bad guy to anyone"[/quote]

Again. The fact that the dispute subsequently became heated and people insulted each other just to insult, does not cancel its original reason. I have absolutely no explanation left for why you persist in making this logical fallacy.

AND? Does the fact that some people think the protagonist is a bad guy mean that they hate her just because of her gender? Seriously? Seriously dude? Are you so desperate that in your understanding, literally any criticism of the show or its MC is solely due to her gender? Or do you seriously think so? If yes, then our argument is simply meaningless.

All this was written at the very beginning and you could have read it long ago if you wanted to. But you were more interested in abusing random negative comments screenshot than in exploring the original problem. And I know what I'm talking about, because I was in the same thread on the day the first episode premiered.

People were furious that the protagonists tricked and killed a character they liked because of his classic genre MC traits. And the fact that all-female yuri had a huge sad experience of being sexist problematic with male characters only made it worse. Nobody hated this show just because it had a female MC. Broadcast last year, Talentless Nana had a similar twist at the very beginning, but it never had the same reaction because the show was not all-female or yuri, and respectful of both genders.

And unlike Virgin Road, there were no offensive trolls in Nana's discussions that tried to use this moment in any way to mocking male characters or people who were not into yuri.
Jun 24, 2022 4:12 AM
Aug 2020
RobertBobert said:
Ace_Entertainers said:

Well then what do you say is the reason that multiple new accounts are being created to give this a one and so many people hating it. You are never saying what the actual reason just saying that it is not the mc gender reason. You need to give me your side of the argument. Just arguing that it is not the reason I am saying even tho it is the most obvious one and even has a thread on it called "Does The Protagonist feel like a bad guy to anyone"

Again. The fact that the dispute subsequently became heated and people insulted each other just to insult, does not cancel its original reason. I have absolutely no explanation left for why you persist in making this logical fallacy.

AND? Does the fact that some people think the protagonist is a bad guy mean that they hate her just because of her gender? Seriously? Seriously dude? Are you so desperate that in your understanding, literally any criticism of the show or its MC is solely due to her gender? Or do you seriously think so? If yes, then our argument is simply meaningless.

All this was written at the very beginning and you could have read it long ago if you wanted to. But you were more interested in abusing random negative comments screenshot than in exploring the original problem. And I know what I'm talking about, because I was in the same thread on the day the first episode premiered.

People were furious that the protagonists tricked and killed a character they liked because of his classic genre MC traits. And the fact that all-female yuri had a huge sad experience of being sexist problematic with male characters only made it worse. Nobody hated this show just because it had a female MC. Broadcast last year, Talentless Nana had a similar twist at the very beginning, but it never had the same reaction because the show was not all-female or yuri, and respectful of both genders.

And unlike Virgin Road, there were no offensive trolls in Nana's discussions that tried to use this moment in any way to mocking male characters or people who were not into yuri.[/quote]
Also the second episode she literally tries to kill a girl in less time than the guy you haven't even seen the anime and are making opinions about it just though mal comments when you have seen the number of trolls here. You need to watch the whole show to give proper opinion. You they literally have the villan as female too as well as bad male characters. Nana had them happy that there was a male character they could get behind while The Executioner is way too different after the first episode. It is way more focused on world building and story building about why the Executioners exists and why they need to make such a system and there is no rule there that only male character have to be killed."People were furious that the protagonists tricked and killed a character they liked because of his classic genre MC traits. And the fact that all-female yuri had a huge sad experience of being sexist problematic with male characters only made it worse" There is none of that sexist problem there are male character and everyone in the story is trying to do something bad but some have actual justification behind it. The author has said too that he did not add male characters to it because he wanted the story to just be a story about friendship instead of turning it into a romance story between them which is very common is the Isekai genre. So that is just a big big misinterpretation of those people who believe that and did not watch anything after just that one guy being killed. Literally every spy story like say James Bond or Executioner story has a lot of deception and betrayals to kil someone but have you seen people complaining about it this much. The gender of the author is unknown but a lot of translation have he so I am using that.
All those people who are hating this show that much have problems with the first episode and the killing of the male character which you can't deny. The opening also makes it clear that every gender is killed if they are Isekai'ed. Also don't know if you understand the way you wrote that literally is the same thing as me said in a different way. People mad at the male character getting killed who they thought was the mc and the girl turned out to be the mc. Hence they hate that the anime has a female mc instead of the male character and angry that she killed him when she does that to every isekai'ed character regardless of gender.
Ace_EntertainersJun 24, 2022 4:22 AM
Jun 24, 2022 4:21 AM

Apr 2012
Ace_Entertainers said:
RobertBobert said:

And unlike Virgin Road, there were no offensive trolls in Nana's discussions that tried to use this moment in any way to mocking male characters or people who were not into yuri.

Also the second episode she literally tries to kill a girl in less time than the guy you haven't even seen the anime and are making opinions about it just though mal comments when you have seen the number of trolls here. You need to watch the whole show to give proper opinion. You they literally haave the villan as female too as well as bad male characters. Nana had them happy that there was a male character they could get behind while The Executioner is way too different after the first episode. It is way more focused on world building and story building about why the Executioners exists and why they need to make such a system and there is no rule there that only male character have to be killed."People were furious that the protagonists tricked and killed a character they liked because of his classic genre MC traits. And the fact that all-female yuri had a huge sad experience of being sexist problematic with male characters only made it worse" There is none of that sexist problem there are male character and everyone in the story is trying to do something bad but some have actual justification behind it. The author has said too that he did not add male characters to it because he wanted the story to just be a story about friendship instead of turning it into a romance story between them which is very common is the Isekai genre. So that is just a big big misinterpretation of those people who believe that and did not watch anything after just that one guy being killed. Literally every spy story like say James Bond or Executioner story has a lot of deception and betrayals to kil someone but have you seen people complaining about it this much. The gender of the author is unknown but a lot of translation have he so I am using that.
All those people who are hating this show that much have problems with the first episode and the killing of the male character which you can't deny. The opening also makes it clear that every gender is killed if they are Isekai'ed [/quote]

God, dude. Use spaces. It literally hurts me to read this wall of text.

And I repeat once again, we are discussing the cause of the conflict, not Virgin Road as such. The possibility that this is a good show doesn't prove that people hated the MC just because of her gender, like as it doesn't prove that people further abused each other because of the conflict.

At this point, I think that this conversation has exhausted any potential and should be ended. Even now, you seem to be implying that any criticism of the show or characters solely proves that MCs are hated purely because of her gender or still can't understand that we don't discuss the quality of the show or that its quality doesn't negate actual cause of the conflict either.
Jun 24, 2022 4:31 AM
Aug 2020

And I repeat once again, we are discussing the cause of the conflict, not Virgin Road as such. The possibility that this is a good show doesn't prove that people hated the MC just because of her gender, like as it doesn't prove that people further abused each other because of the conflict.

At this point, I think that this conversation has exhausted any potential and should be ended. Even now, you seem to be implying that any criticism of the show or characters solely proves that MCs are hated purely because of her gender or still can't understand that we don't discuss the quality of the show or that its quality doesn't negate actual cause of the conflict either.

Well if you want to go on the quality of the show I can explain how it is one of the best Isekai written. The story if you can get across the Break even point of male mc getting killing is amazing with plot twists even after episode 1 just takes some time due to world building and explaining the world.
We both can agree that the one of the main cause of the hate is what happenes in episode 1 just have different views on it.
Jun 24, 2022 4:42 AM

Apr 2012
Ace_Entertainers said:

Well if you want to go on the quality of the show I can explain how it is one of the best Isekai written. The story if you can get across the Break even point of male mc getting killing is amazing with plot twists even after episode 1 just takes some time due to world building and explaining the world.
We both can agree that the one of the main cause of the hate is what happenes in episode 1 just have different views on it.

I don't care if this show is good or not. We only talked about the fact that no one would hate the show because of the female protagonist and that the criticism of this show was caused by the controversy surrounding the first episode. The quality of the show is only indirectly related to this.
Jun 24, 2022 4:50 AM
Aug 2020

I don't care if this show is good or not. We only talked about the fact that no one would hate the show because of the female protagonist and that the criticism of this show was caused by the controversy surrounding the first episode. The quality of the show is only indirectly related to this.

But that "controversy" is literally caused due a specific gender character being killed by another specific gender character. In this case the person killed is a male and the liller is female. You say people are mad because thier male "mc" got killed. I say they are mad because thier male "mc" and they hated the anime and the female mc for it. They are literally the same thing
Jun 24, 2022 7:52 AM

Apr 2012
Ace_Entertainers said:

But that "controversy" is literally caused due a specific gender character being killed by another specific gender character. In this case the person killed is a male and the liller is female. You say people are mad because thier male "mc" got killed. I say they are mad because thier male "mc" and they hated the anime and the female mc for it. They are literally the same thing

It's not the same thing because you're substituting the topics, assuming that people hated the MC just because she's a woman, when the scene was actually the reason. With the same logic, you can say that when feminists criticize any kind of sexism, they are technically attacking men because they are men. This is absurd.
Jun 24, 2022 10:46 AM
Aug 2020
@RobertBobert
It's not the same thing because you're substituting the topics, assuming that people hated the MC just because she's a woman, when the scene was actually the reason. With the same logic, you can say that when feminists criticize any kind of sexism, they are technically attacking men because they are men. This is absurd.

Here let me explain in simple English
People mad and hating the anime for male character getting killed.
People mad at the female mc for killing him.
Hence, people are mad at the female mc for killing the male character and are hating the anime for it. Why is this so hard to understand it is not some Steins Gate level plot it is literally in front of your face. Just need to add those two statements.
Jun 24, 2022 10:57 AM

Apr 2012
Ace_Entertainers said:
@RobertBobert

Hence, people are mad at the female mc for killing the male character and are hating the anime for it. Why is this so hard to understand it is not some Steins Gate level plot it is literally in front of your face. Just need to add those two statements.

Okay dude. I will try one last time. If after that you continue to make the same logical errors, then I will simply add you to ignore and I will never remember again.

Imagine that a woman deceived you and you hated her because you can't stand lying women. Imagined? OK. Now the key question is - do you hate her just because she is a woman? The fact that she's a woman definitely plays a part, but you didn't hate her because she's a woman, there was a reason for that, right?
RobertBobertJun 24, 2022 11:01 AM
Jun 24, 2022 11:17 AM
Aug 2020
RobertBobert said:
Ace_Entertainers said:
@RobertBobert

Okay dude. I will try one last time. If after that you continue to make the same logical errors, then I will simply add you to ignore and I will never remember again.

Imagine that a woman deceived you and you hated her because you can't stand lying women. Imagined? OK. Now the key question is - do you hate her just because she is a woman? The fact that she's a woman definitely plays a part, but you didn't hate her because she's a woman, there was a reason for that, right?

Lets get logical, they were not the one deceived by the woman, the male character was. It was way too obvious from the get go he was going to get killed only idiots would not be able to notice that. If you think getting deceived irl is the same as a fictional character which is not even you in a story getting deceived in anime they need some help. This is not the first time a character has been deceived in any from of entertainment most spy shows have this and they never is something this stupid happening. The point that she only kills male character is fake too as in episode one and two both show girls getting killed.
You are giving these Isekai fans way too much credit than they deserve they got invested in a character emotionally to hate a show this much in 9 minutes and had no character whatsoever. Just an random guy on the street being shoved in the role of an important character.
If you don't understand that then I agree too there is no point moving this conversation forward and I am going to ignore the later messages
Jun 24, 2022 11:22 AM

Apr 2012
Ace_Entertainers said:
RobertBobert said:

Lets get logical, they were not the one deceived by the woman, the male character was. It was way too obvious from the get go he was going to get killed only idiots would not be able to notice that. If you think getting deceived irl is the same as a fictional character which is not even you in a story getting deceived in anime they need some help. This is not the first time a character has been deceived in any from of entertainment most spy shows have this and they never is something this stupid happening. The point that she only kills male character is fake too as in episode one and two both show girls getting killed.
You are giving these Isekai fans way too much credit than they deserve they got invested in a character emotionally to hate a show this much in 9 minutes and had no character whatsoever. Just an random guy on the street being shoved in the role of an important character.
If you don't understand that then I agree too there is no point moving this conversation forward and I am going to ignore the later messages

I seriously tried, honestly. I tried to the last to explain to you the essence of your logical errors and show why you make one erroneous conclusion after another because of your saltiness because of criticism of your favorite anime.

But you not only continued to do this, your ignorance and inability to look at your position from the outside went so far that you even began to accuse me of not understanding some "truth". What can I even say that you are so arrogant and ignorant that you try to reproach people for loving isekai because of their criticism of your favorite isekai show. This is really useless. Almost at the level of Rousseau's owl.

On this I beg your pardon, our conversation is over. I am adding you to the ignore list and will try never to think of you or this dialogue again. My time and nerves are too important to be wasted on bigots.
RobertBobertJun 24, 2022 11:26 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Light Novel 'Kanchigai no Atelier Meister' Gets TV Anime in Spring 2025

Nioxys - 58 minutes ago

2 by Yubisoft »»
7 minutes ago

» 'Hazure Skill "Kinomi Master"' Reveals Main Cast, Staff, Teaser Promo for Winter 2025

Nioxys - 15 minutes ago

0 by Nioxys »»
15 minutes ago

» Doga Kobo Adapts Yama Wayama's 'Muchuu sa, Kimi ni.' and 'Karaoke Iko!' Manga for TV Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

11 by ZXEAN »»
1 hour ago

» 'Nihon e Youkoso Elf-san.' Reveals Cast Pair, Theme Songs, Winter 2025 Premiere

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

2 by RobertBobert »»
2 hours ago

» 'Sousei no Aquarion: Myth of Emotions' Unveils Main Staff, Winter 2025 Premiere

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

1 by Catalano »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.