Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 5, 2022 11:45 AM
Mar 2021
Personally I like the characters and the idea of the show, I don’t think it was made to be a popular show I’m pretty sure it was made to promote the source material, that being said although I like the show it doesn’t have much substance to it, it’s a basic slice of life, no suspense, action, romance, etc. etc., at least from what I’ve seen so far of the anime/manga. But to answer the question yes it’s boring, but I still don’t think it’s a bad watch, the plot in general just needs some work.
May 5, 2022 11:47 AM
Mar 2021
Piromysl said:
It's way better and more interesting than Shokomori in every aspect.
Those two are so cute together and have amazing chemistry.

I agree tbh, I dropped shikimori ep 1, not that shikimori is a bad show, I just didn’t find the premise or characters that interesting, it started off to fast if you ask me. Now if it gets better in later episodes I might pick it back up.
May 5, 2022 11:54 AM
Mar 2021
I totally understand people that don't have the patience for it because it deliberately underplays a lot of its punchlines. But I kind of find that a unique and refreshing approach. It's slightly surreal, almost in Azumanga Daioh territory (hell Aharen riding her dog is a direct reference to Chiyo lol). And you can always count on Aharen to bust out some incredible unexpected talent, lol. So far we have Crane Game Champion, Othello Pro, Rap God, Master of the Janitorial Arts, Dancing Queen, and Pokemon Go Pro.
May 5, 2022 2:08 PM
Mar 2019
i dont think is boring its just normal
May 5, 2022 6:11 PM

Feb 2021
The sad thing is that the manga is so funny and has a lot of moments where you can laugh out loud but the anime makes it boring with the sound choice and pacing it’s such a shame tbh, you should read the manga if you’re interested the chapters are short
bam
May 5, 2022 6:28 PM
Jun 2021
Its boring but competent enough not to drop it, seriously whats even the main point of this anime? At first (first episode) was about teaching the girl on how to deal with people but after that it became a funny/cute/nothing happens anime. The only good thing is how the mc exaggerates about the girl, oh she is tired today so she must stay awake at night because she is a serialkiller and things like that.

Even if its a romcom there should be a base story line, time progression, goals...
MontyzuMay 5, 2022 6:34 PM
May 6, 2022 2:46 AM
Aug 2021
The comedy is good but it hasn’t quite grabbed me. I was watching the Dubbed version and the comedy wasn’t working for me, I’ve enjoyed it a lot more since i switched to the Sub version. I like how it contrasts their low energy reactions with zany problem solving antics. So I actually find myself laughing out loud a fair bit, but I don’t care for the characters enough yet. It reminds me a lot of Tanaka Kun is always listless, a show I really like, but it’s not as perfectly polished as that.
May 6, 2022 4:27 PM
Aug 2021
AniPhoenix said:
mrjdko said:

just because its a SOL doesn’t mean the anime have an excuse to be boring. I dont know why this particular anime is harder for me to watch even though i enjoy SOL anime myself. I guess for me the two main character not talking much or show emotion, make the jokes more stale.
them not showing emotion is part of the joke though. Aharen's body language shows intense emotion and over the top action while her face shows no emotion, and its the same with Raido's inner monologue going berserk when he has a blank expression.

Also, the show isn't boring so I don't think I'm really making an excuse by calling it a slice of life. I just don't think it's meant to entertain you in a way stuff like Shonen would

i guess that is why people can enjoy this show. Guess its just not my cup of tea.
May 6, 2022 8:31 PM

Jul 2008
I think it's relaxing, but I'd probably get bored of it if I tried to binge the episodes. watching one a week is perfect
May 7, 2022 12:06 AM
Dec 2021
I don't feel like dropping
May 7, 2022 12:08 AM
Dec 2021
Ayush_Sinha007 said:
I dropped it after episode 2, it was pretty boring ngl

for me it is better than komi san☠
May 7, 2022 12:24 AM

Aug 2018
I just finished the first episode and I feel kinda disappointed.

Not like I had super high expectations in the first place. Totally expected this show would be either "okay" or "meh" with a very slim chance of it being genuinely "good" and so far it's seeming like it belongs in the meh bracket.

Last season's odd couple anime "Taisho Otome Fairy Tale" first episode took me by complete surprise. Immediately cute and funny and charming right out the gate. And it stayed good throughout the entire run. So if you're currently watching Aharen-san but haven't yet seen Taisho then you need to evaluate your life decisions.
May 7, 2022 6:40 AM

Jul 2013
If you prefer action shows / movies, of course drama, slice of life, romance, etc will turn you off. It's normal. It's not boring for the target audience. That's why the majority says "nah". It's the same with non-anime stuff i.e Marvel movies vs Oscar nominated dramas.
May 7, 2022 6:41 AM

Mar 2020
Watch it as a SoL show so I didn't expect much but the story wasn't that boring tho. With the theme Iyashikei, I think it is doing its jobs pretty well.
nice
May 7, 2022 11:09 AM

Jun 2015
mrjdko said:
What do you guys think? Do you think this show is boring? because i think it is
just curious what ur opinion is
also manga readers (or light novel readers Idk if original source is manga or LN)
should i continue because I really am thinking about dropping this show bruh.

Just drop it so I dont have to deal with your negativity anymore posting nonsense
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
May 7, 2022 1:30 PM

Mar 2021
This is one of the funniest anime I've ever watched, so no it's not boring
May 7, 2022 1:35 PM

May 2016
I would call it relaxing rather than boring; if you want boring, watch Shield Hero S2..... :' )
"Genki is Life, Genki is Love"
May 7, 2022 2:30 PM
Feb 2021
I have watched the majority of the series at 4x so I would agree that it's kinda boring. A couple segments are nice though. Like that rap battle.
May 7, 2022 3:54 PM
Aug 2021
Roch2001 said:
mrjdko said:
What do you guys think? Do you think this show is boring? because i think it is
just curious what ur opinion is
also manga readers (or light novel readers Idk if original source is manga or LN)
should i continue because I really am thinking about dropping this show bruh.

Just drop it so I dont have to deal with your negativity anymore posting nonsense

i asked if i should drop the show because i thought the show is boring and pointed out the reason so. I never said it is complete trash or wrote a 100 pages book explaining why aharen is trash.
again, i am asking for opinions.
seeing how everyone say its worth watching though. Ill try to finish it.
mrjdkoMay 7, 2022 3:58 PM
May 7, 2022 4:54 PM
Aug 2010
its not boring, if somebody thinks it is, then they r on the wrong vibe 4 this

so far this is chill vibed sol with a bit of comedy and cuteness, not every show must b ultra action packed like snk
May 8, 2022 5:23 AM

Apr 2020
I think most of it's sketches are losing some comedic scenarios. Recently, it's been mostly just about Raidou's over-confidence in competing against Aharen-san, only for her to win in quite a normal manner by suddenly showing some skills. It wasn't delivered in a humorous way. He just end up learning that Aharen-san is capable after all.
It's still quite a fun, chill, and cutesy show to watch but, I get it. It's indeed beginning to disappoint, comedy sketch-wise. Hope it gets better though.
May 8, 2022 8:05 AM
Mar 2020
its very good but dont watch it if you're kinda sleepy cuz theres a high percent rate that u fall asleep, and if u ask if this anime good or not i would say you should watch it very good comedy relief
May 8, 2022 11:36 AM
Aug 2020
its not the most exhilarating show but i think its interesting enough to sit through an episode a week, i probably would drop if i was binging it. STILL MORE INTERESTING THEN SHIKIMORI THOUGH !! that shit had me tucked in going zzzzzzzzzzzzz mimimimimimimimimimimi honkkkkk mimimimimimimimimimimi
May 8, 2022 12:16 PM

Mar 2014
It is pretty boring, the jokes are lame and characters are like fucking robots who are trying to figure out human behaviour. Now it's the worst anime but I think Komi-san is better
May 8, 2022 12:51 PM
Jun 2021
I think the point of the show is to be a relaxing, dry humor, SoL comedy. And IMO it’s doing it pretty well. If you don’t like that style then yeah I can see it being boring for you. Me personally, I enjoy the show a lot.
May 9, 2022 3:30 PM
Oct 2019
Piromysl said:
It's way better and more interesting than Shokomori in every aspect.
Those two are so cute together and have amazing chemistry.

no way dude

also, what's shokomori?
May 9, 2022 8:16 PM
Jul 2018
Yes, I often can't get along with anime sense of comedy, but I have seen much worse too. I'm just not interested enough to continue.
May 11, 2022 1:33 PM

Dec 2020
this is the type of anime i wish there were more of. its interesting and fun to me, not to mention the characters are simple and easy to understand. love it so far
May 11, 2022 1:34 PM

Jan 2020
I love my SoLs, but the way things are paced/evolve is a bit boring. Nevertheless, it's soothing.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
May 11, 2022 2:28 PM

May 2021
i really like it and i wasn’t originally gonna watch it but randomly gave it a chance and it hooked me right away
it warms my heart and i love when characters want to understand each other and accept each other
but definitely don’t watch something you find boring no reason to waste time on entertainment you don’t like, that defeats the purpose of entertainment entirely
May 13, 2022 8:08 AM
Aug 2021
Gween_Gween said:
Just drop it if you cant enjoy the comedy/SoL moments, maybe you can enjoy it better later on when you move past having Clannad or Komi at your favs, or maybe not, who knows

i like my SOL, tonikaku kawaii is one of my favorite fun fact. SOL though is not my favs, but i dont really hate it either. Romance, Tragedy is my favorite, I really enjoy most of Shakespeare’s tragedies.
komi is a SOL too so what i have in my favs dont really impact my opinion on aharen, i genuinely find the jokes to be dry af. but, few anime can funny so i dont expect much.
mrjdkoMay 13, 2022 8:15 AM
May 13, 2022 8:32 AM

May 2021
mrjdko said:
Gween_Gween said:
Just drop it if you cant enjoy the comedy/SoL moments, maybe you can enjoy it better later on when you move past having Clannad or Komi at your favs, or maybe not, who knows

i like my SOL, tonikaku kawaii is one of my favorite fun fact. SOL though is not my favs, but i dont really hate it either. Romance, Tragedy is my favorite, I really enjoy most of Shakespeare’s tragedies.
komi is a SOL too so what i have in my favs dont really impact my opinion on aharen, i genuinely find the jokes to be dry af. but, few anime can funny so i dont expect much.

That is what I meant, comedies are not as universal as other stuff so not everybody can connect with them. Like I can genuinely laugh at most of the stuff of this anime because I can connect to most of the experiences that are presented, it is just as simple as that

The Komi stuff was a bad banter of mine, I dont know anything about the show lmao

May 13, 2022 4:12 PM
Aug 2021
Gween_Gween said:
mrjdko said:

That is what I meant, comedies are not as universal as other stuff so not everybody can connect with them. Like I can genuinely laugh at most of the stuff of this anime because I can connect to most of the experiences that are presented, it is just as simple as that

The Komi stuff was a bad banter of mine, I dont know anything about the show lmao

there a different type of comedies and everyone has their own preferences i agree.
Im not a picky guy when watching anime, aharen is a rare situation where i am having a hard time trying to finish the episode every week
mrjdkoMay 13, 2022 4:17 PM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aharen-san wa Hakarenai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 6, 2022

112 by kazuma-kisaragi »»
Yesterday, 8:55 AM

Poll: » Aharen-san wa Hakarenai Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2022

113 by kazuma-kisaragi »»
Oct 7, 3:41 AM

Poll: » Aharen-san wa Hakarenai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 22, 2022

144 by kazuma-kisaragi »»
Oct 5, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Aharen-san wa Hakarenai Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2022

139 by kazuma-kisaragi »»
Oct 3, 6:44 AM

Poll: » Aharen-san wa Hakarenai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2022

147 by kazuma-kisaragi »»
Oct 3, 6:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.