Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 29, 2022 10:53 AM

Nov 2011
This epsiode was like watching a JRPG with monster capture themes similar to Pokemon complete with HP bars, moves, etc. Not going to lie, the first half of this episode was very entertaining.

Speaking of games, we also got a crane game too. Feels like this anime has a thing for these type of games once every while.
Apr 29, 2022 10:54 AM

Apr 2014
Basically, Aharen's mon has Focus Sash + Endeavor + Sucker Punch LMAO...
何それ?意味分かんない
Apr 29, 2022 11:13 AM

May 2021
Yeah, its completely possible for a Caterpie with Focus Sash to kick the asses of a team filled with shiny legendaries.

Also, is just me or did anyone else see that slight HxH reference?
RioFSApr 29, 2022 11:46 AM

Apr 29, 2022 11:22 AM

Jul 2011
Raidou(How I play Pokemon) vs Aharen (How I should play Pokemon).

Thinking objectively the arcade part, the time Raidou took to use the toilet is worrying.

Aharen and Raidou make a good pair, both thinking these outrageous situations, shocking someone enough to make fall from window.

Security in first place to clean.

That hug I felt in my heart.
Apr 29, 2022 11:29 AM
Sep 2015
At first I'm not sure if Aharen is a very good gamer or Raidou is just a very bad gamer, but from this episode Aharen is indeed a very good gamer (though Raidou might also be a very bad gamer too).
Apr 29, 2022 11:51 AM

Apr 2016
I must say, that Yankee/Punk/Godzilla/Trump not pokemon was funny looking. And that Aharen-san killing face will get memed to hell and back. As it should.
Apr 29, 2022 12:15 PM

Jul 2017
Hah, it's true that Pokémon Go! was a thing years ago, now it's a fad that some people are still playing to this day. And Aharen taking a jab at this makes for some good comedy.

All the monsters are clearly not-so-similar knock-offs to Pokémon, and it's interesting to see Raidou vs. Aharen's way of playing their style.

Heh, Futaba is back, and too bad for her that she hasn't got the crane game down that Aharen can do in one shot. Trying to win Akkun's heart with the monster plushie, try harder Futaba. And with that many crane game plushies, Raidou experiences a second inning of surrounding figures.

Yelp, Raidou putting on weight, and that scared the hell outta Aharen. So, gotta exercise and get back to normal. But when it comes to exams, he desperately needs help, and Aharen is his angel of saving grace. The library scene of going all Komi-like does add to the fun, and finding places to study...only the classroom works. When it comes to cleaning, Raidou definitely overthought about how Aharen handles her love for cleaning, she's very well apt into it.

Aharen's hug to Raidou is so nice to see, given that this is repayment for each other's troules and relying on each other. An 80th spot for Raidou, that's a massive improvement.
Apr 29, 2022 12:40 PM
Mar 2022
Nice reference to the author's previous manga/show Denki-gai no Honya-san at the ~15 minute mark.

When the show first dropped the art style was so similar, making me instantly realize it was Asato Mizu.
Apr 29, 2022 1:03 PM

Mar 2010
Lmao that his bed harem increased. Raidou failin to study because they are chatting in note books is so fitting for these dorks.
Apr 29, 2022 1:11 PM

Nov 2016
Futabas's POV lmao. There are truly 1000× ways to interpret an expressionless face like Aharen's. Raido's imagination went also wild again. Assassin x Aharen has spin-off potenial or at least enough for a cross over with you know what anime I'm talking about.

Aharen ain't playing when it comes to cleaning.

The hug was so fucking sweet that I almost couldn't handle it. Raido deserved it for many reasons. Who else would test a diet on himself first, that's the ultimate act of friendship xD

Another episode where every sketch delivered.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 29, 2022 1:14 PM

May 2020
They really need to press a brake on their wild presumptions about Aharen, also damn that was quick of Raido losing his weight.
Apr 29, 2022 1:15 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Oh, the good old pokemon go times it makes me nostalgic xD though that was fun, and seeing Raidou big like that as well.
Finally Aharen could help Raidou (and looks like he somewhat succeeded since he got the 80th place) the hug was cute!
Apr 29, 2022 1:18 PM
Mar 2021
Loved the pokemon go reference it was such a unique battle between the two.
Apr 29, 2022 1:26 PM

Feb 2007
Never thought I'd see FEAR demonstrated in an anime... :D

That diet book worked in a quite unexpected way. :D
Apr 29, 2022 1:39 PM

Sep 2020
The first scene is literally Pokemon go! I like how both of them imagining different things about each other, make it so entertaining and funny, and the last scene is so great~
Apr 29, 2022 1:50 PM
May 2020
aharen with a cute hug at the end
Apr 29, 2022 1:58 PM

Jan 2018
Dont we all wish we could loose weight as fast a Raido kun does XD
Apr 29, 2022 1:59 PM

Jan 2018
takamono said:
The first scene is literally Pokemon go! I like how both of them imagining different things about each other, make it so entertaining and funny, and the last scene is so great~
They literally used the FEAR strategy where you use a level one pokemon with a focus sash, endeavor and quick attack to close it off XD
Apr 29, 2022 2:03 PM

Jan 2018
Ashhk said:
Oh, the good old pokemon go times it makes me nostalgic xD though that was fun, and seeing Raidou big like that as well.
Finally Aharen could help Raidou (and looks like he somewhat succeeded since he got the 80th place) the hug was cute!
The hug was an unexpected but like you said wholesome act. It got my heart pounding a little kinda like watching a good romance anime not gonna lie. Though this is a comedy series so they had to have that extra scene in the post credits XD
Apr 29, 2022 2:12 PM

Mar 2021
The Pokemon Go reference was hilarious and that hug from Aharen at the end was just so cute
Apr 29, 2022 2:28 PM

Feb 2019
Tfw no Aharen to pick me up after a rough day and help me study :( such a cute episode as usual. Really liked the second half today.
Apr 29, 2022 2:31 PM

Feb 2019
Oh no, Plue lost his nose, but he gained a buttcrack and electrical powers.

So casually saying that you froze in the face of doom. :P
The line below is True.
The line above is False.
Apr 29, 2022 3:07 PM

May 2021
Great episode! Aharen hugging Raidou at the end because she finally found something she could help him with was SUGOKU KAWAII NANO DESU! NIPAH!

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Apr 29, 2022 3:25 PM

Jan 2018
Rem4lifexD said:
Great episode! Aharen hugging Raidou at the end because she finally found something she could help him with was SUGOKU KAWAII NANO DESU! NIPAH!

Looking forward to the next episode!
I agree. That was so wholesome. Did you watch the after credit scene by any chance? XD that mood chagne was so sudden but what can you expect from a comedy anime XD. (Also i understand your reference at the end with you "Nipah!" ;)
Apr 29, 2022 3:55 PM

Feb 2014
I just wanted to say that this was my favorite episode of this show so far, and probably episode of the week for me.
Pretty much every segment had me laughing several times, the pokemon thing, the crane game with the jealous little girl (that succubus shotacon Aharen! - probably the naughtiest bit of imagery we will see in this show), the dieting (Milluki Zoldyck?), the studying and the first bit of romance at the very end.
Once again, fantastic episode.

Apr 29, 2022 4:30 PM

Sep 2017
AkeZZZ said:

lol exactly what I was thinking. Maximum cheese strats right there.
Apr 29, 2022 4:49 PM

Jan 2020
I find Raidou's misunderstandings pretty funny. I really like seeing him and Aharen interacting with each other. That hug at the end was cute.
Great episode! Probably my favourite comfort anime this season.
ShengudApr 29, 2022 4:55 PM
Apr 29, 2022 4:50 PM

Dec 2013
Cute Futaba was back and got to see one of the mysterious ways Aharen works and how kind she is on her own way, Raido's imagination is out of control but you can't blame him, sweet hug at the end from Aharen.
Apr 29, 2022 4:59 PM

Jan 2018
Punkero said:
I just wanted to say that this was my favorite episode of this show so far, and probably episode of the week for me.
Pretty much every segment had me laughing several times, the pokemon thing, the crane game with the jealous little girl (that succubus shotacon Aharen! - probably the naughtiest bit of imagery we will see in this show), the dieting (Milluki Zoldyck?), the studying and the first bit of romance at the very end.

I agree that the scenes with Futaba and Aharen were really funny but one thing you have to ask is how did Futaba get that idea in her head in the first place... that was a little graphic for a grade schoolers imagination.
Apr 29, 2022 5:00 PM

Jan 2018
KanameYuuki said:
Cute Futaba was back and got to see one of the mysterious ways Aharen works and how kind she is on her own way, Raido's imagination is out of control but you can't blame him, sweet hug at the end from Aharen.
I find it quite funny that Raido kun entertained the idea that Aharen was secretly an assassin. That part really cracked me up LOL
Apr 29, 2022 5:09 PM

Apr 2021
Good episode overall, as someone who likes Pokémon seeing the lvl 1 Rattata + focus sash + endeavor + quick attack reference was amazing. I think most people get nervous with exams so is easy identify with the protagonists in this situation. The hug at the end was cute, probably the first iteration of the "romantic" part of the show.
Apr 29, 2022 5:18 PM
Dec 2021
Im just in love with Shirorin's butt
Apr 29, 2022 5:32 PM

Dec 2013
Light_Yagami666 said:
[I find it quite funny that Raido kun entertained the idea that Aharen was secretly an assassin. That part really cracked me up LOL

The best part is that with her blank expression she totally fits on his weird made up scenarios.
Apr 29, 2022 5:35 PM

Jan 2018
KanameYuuki said:
Light_Yagami666 said:
[I find it quite funny that Raido kun entertained the idea that Aharen was secretly an assassin. That part really cracked me up LOL

The best part is that with her blank expression she totally fits on his weird made up scenarios.
Indeed. Makes you wonder how many people in that anime universe see her in that light even the ones that have never said a word to her.
Apr 29, 2022 5:44 PM

Apr 2020
RioFS said:
Yeah, its completely possible for a Caterpie with Focus Sash to kick the asses of a team filled with shiny legendaries.

Also, is just me or did anyone else see that slight HxH reference?

Yeah I thought so too but I wasn't 100% sure if it was just a coincidence
Apr 29, 2022 6:27 PM
Sep 2021
hunter x hunter,POKEMON

Apr 29, 2022 6:38 PM
Nov 2021
AkeZZZ said:
yeah I used to play Pokemon somewhat competitively so I found that hilarious
Apr 29, 2022 6:44 PM
Nov 2021
Light_Yagami666 said:
Punkero said:

I agree that the scenes with Futaba and Aharen were really funny but one thing you have to ask is how did Futaba get that idea in her head in the first place... that was a little graphic for a grade schoolers imagination.
they aren't grade schoolers, they are 15.
Apr 29, 2022 6:45 PM

Jan 2018
Exp_No_Zenar-57 said:
Light_Yagami666 said:
Im obviously talking about the younger kids in this episode. Not the main characters.
Apr 29, 2022 6:48 PM
Nov 2021
Light_Yagami666 said:
Exp_No_Zenar-57 said:
Im obviously talking about the younger kids in this episode. Not the main characters.
but they weren't the ones imagining that Aharen-san was an assassin. It was Raidou.
Apr 29, 2022 7:05 PM

Jan 2018
Exp_No_Zenar-57 said:
Light_Yagami666 said:
but they weren't the ones imagining that Aharen-san was an assassin. It was Raidou.
That wasn't the part I was talking about. Futaba was the annoying kid that is always mad at aharen san because she think she is trying to steal her Akkun 💀💀
Apr 29, 2022 7:18 PM
Nov 2021
Light_Yagami666 said:
Exp_No_Zenar-57 said:
That wasn't the part I was talking about. Futaba was the annoying kid that is always mad at aharen san because she think she is trying to steal her Akkun 💀💀
oh yeah, I don't know why I thought you were talking about the assassin part. My bad.
Apr 29, 2022 7:27 PM

Jan 2018
Exp_No_Zenar-57 said:
Light_Yagami666 said:
oh yeah, I don't know why I thought you were talking about the assassin part. My bad.
It's all good lol but yeah at least at the end Futaba was at least beginning to question Aharen sans motives so maybe she will come around to liking her eventually.

I hate seeing characters in anime that are misunderstood because i can relate to that personally.
Apr 29, 2022 7:30 PM
Oct 2021
Let's take a moment to appreciate fat Raidou. His voice sounds fatter, but his inner voice is the same as always, I like that kind of details.
Study groups really are helpful. Try them out.

And I wasn't expecting something THAT heartwarming. So poignantly wholesome. Loved this episode.

Apr 29, 2022 8:04 PM
Nov 2010
@Light_Yagami666 No offense, but if you're posting and posting for the Fantasy Anime League (FAL)'s sake, I would appreciate that you don't overdo it. And also when you quote, just click quote on multiple posts before submitting instead on clicking quote only once and submit. You did that for other anime as well, so I would appreciate if you can tone it down. It's not cool making a lot of posts just to get more discussion points for the anime.
-------------------------

Anyway, this is really a fun episode, what with Raidou's wild imaginations happening yet again haha, and a nice hug at the end for Aharen being finally able to help him even though it's not the first time.
eplipswichApr 29, 2022 8:15 PM
Apr 29, 2022 8:13 PM
Mar 2015
Our gril is helpful
Apr 29, 2022 9:16 PM
Mar 2015
I love how the manga chapters where very clearly written in 2017 based on the references (pokemon go being big the year prior for example).

Was very happy to see the study scene animated. Making the hug at the end both for the study session and the cleaning scene was a very good move.
Apr 29, 2022 9:42 PM
Mar 2021
losing my mind at Aharen using the FEAR strategy, and the way it was animated was incredible, too. Honestly, while the pop culture references do date when the manga was written, it gives it a real specificity that a lot of high school comedy anime lack. It feels more tangibly of our world.

also I love how Aharen just demolishes Raidou in every game they play.
Apr 29, 2022 11:53 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Nice parody to Pokémon lol. Despite the level gap Aharen sure managed quite a victory by making use of the unique items within the game. Futaba sure knows when to strike early in order to achieve her romantic aims huh. Still even that will not work against the mistress of the crane game it seems. Despite her misconceptions its nice to see her realize the help that Aharen provided her. When studying hard for exams restaurants that offer free refills are always the best partners. After so long of being helped by Raido it must be comforting for Aharen of being able to help him this time. 80th place huh interesting. Curious at what Aharen got though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 30, 2022 12:01 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Damn looks like i am not the only one whose thinking that family assassin was Zoldyck family. Kekw. Another hilarious overthinking from Raidou strike hard. The other one with pokemon also quite nice, even if i don't really understand the reference with the battle cause of my knowledge of the pokemon battle. I also hoping for tsun little girl to stop messing with King Aha even after she obviously giving a nice advice with the crane machine. Its not cool, y'know! And well, the last sequence too is worth mentioning. Aw they hug so tight. But well, don't forget to let him go, King Aha!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aharen-san wa Hakarenai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 6, 2022

112 by kazuma-kisaragi »»
Today, 8:55 AM

Poll: » Aharen-san wa Hakarenai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 22, 2022

144 by kazuma-kisaragi »»
Oct 5, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Aharen-san wa Hakarenai Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2022

139 by kazuma-kisaragi »»
Oct 3, 6:44 AM

Poll: » Aharen-san wa Hakarenai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2022

147 by kazuma-kisaragi »»
Oct 3, 6:41 AM

Poll: » Aharen-san wa Hakarenai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2022

277 by kazuma-kisaragi »»
Oct 1, 6:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.