Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 27, 2021 8:28 PM
Jan 2021
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Apparently, this episode is a side-story, which makes sense since the police cliffhanger from Episode 5 was ignored here. It is listed as Episode 5.5 on Funimation and Extra Story on bilibili.

Now the question is if we'll be getting 6 more episodes to reach the previously announced 11 or only 5 since this Episode is being counted as one of the 11.

Mod Edit: Modified title for clarity and/or easier searching.
anime-primeJul 14, 2021 5:31 AM
May 27, 2021 8:43 PM
Jan 2021
So a current problem with Funimation being given the actual subtitles so that they can implement it into their video player instead of just being given a hardsubbed episode is the fact that bilibili isn't including the subtitles for the insert songs, like the one from the finale of the last arc in last week's episode. Or the insert song at the end of this Extra Story Episode.

Only way to get them is to watch the episodes on bilibili, which you can watch for free a week after they air (same policy as Funi and Crunchy btw, though bilibili is ad-free). Meaning Episode 5 was made free when this episode dropped. Link below

Episode 5 on bilbili -> https://www.bilibili.com/bangumi/play/ep402330
May 27, 2021 9:08 PM

Dec 2020
seems like this was more of a filter extra episode?

nonetheless, still very sweet! helped cure the heart from the last episode! what, are they going to hurt us again in ep.6? i'm afraid.. the police cliffhanger has me terrified still

ALSO, qiao ling says theres been murders going on in the city??? UMMM

anyways, wwww;; the dynamic between our 3 main characters is so cute~ reminds me of kdj, yjh, and hsy from ORV! loved the episode, wish i could understand all the photographs and notes at the end! must be about peseverance ^^
May 28, 2021 9:13 AM
Mar 2021
What do they mean they haven't married anyone from outside the family for centuries loool
May 28, 2021 9:36 AM

Jan 2021
indisa09 said:
What do they mean they haven't married anyone from outside the family for centuries loool

Yeah, When I read it I thought the same 😂

Very good episode. Quite emotional at the end 0.0
How old is the father to be able to stand up while his daughter and the other one look so old?
May 28, 2021 10:07 AM
Nov 2020
A nice additional clip at the end showing the importance of photographs. Note that this only appears on the original version.
May 28, 2021 1:08 PM
May 2021
indisa09 said:

On bilibili subtitle is“their anceestor have never accpted a layman",Interestingly, the episode uses Cantonese, which most Chinese don't quite understand either.
May 28, 2021 1:17 PM
May 2021
Clas1ck said:
indisa09 said:

Yeah, When I read it I thought the same 😂

Very good episode. Quite emotional at the end 0.0
How old is the father to be able to stand up while his daughter and the other one look so old?

In China, martial arts practitioners are very healthy, and the father is a master. so

Of course, this is a bit of an exaggeration
May 29, 2021 2:30 AM

Oct 2008
this show has so many heart broken, sad (but not too depressing) stories...
4/5.

May 29, 2021 2:49 AM

Mar 2016
Every episode makes me cry. Fucking love it
May 29, 2021 3:00 AM

Mar 2020
Having a kid is okay but marrying is not lol
missed the original ed, the episode was alright. So this time cheng xiaoshi did not alter the future.
Does anyone know about the ending visuals? I could not find the translations anywhere.
May 30, 2021 2:51 PM

Mar 2008
Just one things that I don't understood very well.
At one point her father talks about the guy not even being able to beat his grandchildren... which grandchildren? She married someone else in the meantime?

Yes, the subtitles aren't very correct all the time, I can feel that, but I can also get what is the correct translation if I'm paying enough attention.
May 30, 2021 5:20 PM

Jul 2009
PaninaManina said:
At one point her father talks about the guy not even being able to beat his grandchildren... which grandchildren? She married someone else in the meantime?

I'm a bit confused too but no, I think it's implied that they were together they just weren't married. Which is dumb asf...

I think the msg on the phone was significant but it wasn't translated so I have no clue what it said.

and the award for most stubborn father of the year goes to...
May 30, 2021 6:32 PM
May 2020
Okay so I used Google photo translated to translate what the message on the phone said and it's basically this-

MOKIA

Waiting for you to marry me
Reply:

Okay, let's go together

until old

Operation Return
May 30, 2021 7:52 PM
Oct 2019
What a sweet episode. Still couldn't belive the master refused to let his daughter married the person she loved for like 50 years though.
May 31, 2021 8:53 AM

Mar 2008
Inugirlz said:
PaninaManina said:

I'm a bit confused too but no, I think it's implied that they were together they just weren't married. Which is dumb asf...

I think the msg on the phone was significant but it wasn't translated so I have no clue what it said.

Oh yes, I forgot that I thought about this, that they lived together but just didn't officially married.
This is the only instance where something that otherwise is a rare quality in this series didn't worked that well, that it's the lack of exposition. Before the opening in the first episode we got an explanation of how their power works and that's it, the series started and didn't stopped for a second to see if anyone was left behind. Besides that we had that short explanation about "nodes" that was necessary to say at that moment and nothing more. This is something that I like about this series, it works hard to tell these stories efficiently and trust us that we'll pay attention and understand what it's happening with the story and characters.
May 31, 2021 4:37 PM
Nov 2016
Inugirlz said:
PaninaManina said:

I'm not 0-0 I mean they try to find a way to help him get his wish - marry the girl he love. that what both of them always wanted, the blassing of the father. while I bet they did live together, they still didn't marry each other. and I doubt the girl marry anyone else, she said to her father that she will never marry in this life time to stop the fight.

I know they could have just ignore the father and marry anyway, but it is a promise the guy made to her, it was important to him. I think the point is they wanted the father to acknowledge him be part of the family.

I know people can see it has dumb, but I think it is part of the culture and the father did give up in the end like after a very long time. took him long enough but hi, nothing bad there, since they still live together their whole life anyway XD marreid or not.

I think it was very cute and heart warming ^_^
May 31, 2021 8:09 PM

May 2018
Does anyone know what the ending song is? I've been searching for it ever since I finished the episode.
O Canada!
Our home and native land!
True patriot love in all thy sons command.
Car ton bras sait porter l'épée,
Il sait porter la croix!
Ton histoire est une épopée
Des plus brillants exploits.
God keep our land glorious and free!
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.
May 31, 2021 8:43 PM

Jan 2010
ngl I kinda tuned out for the most part for this filler episode. Didn't really understand the point of it, kinda seemed like waste of a production instead of just continuing on from the last episode. Unless you enjoy romance stories I guess, but I was just bored. Also this dude having to wait 50 years to marry that woman was so damn dumb.

And then not being able to understand what was being said in the end credits with those photos of real people didn't help my enjoyment of this episode.

Just hope there will still be 6 more eps instead of 5. Guess we'll see
Jun 1, 2021 1:18 AM

Dec 2020
Fulserish said:
Does anyone know what the ending song is? I've been searching for it ever since I finished the episode.

It's the same song they had for ep5 - 时光教会我的. Guess it was made just for the show, cause I can't find it anywhere else.
Jun 1, 2021 8:22 AM

Mar 2008
Talking about the ending, what about all those photos of real people?
Was this episode based on the story of some real couple that lived together but not officially married?
Jun 1, 2021 8:44 AM

Jan 2021
PaninaManina said:
Was this episode based on the story of some real couple that lived together but not officially married?

It's like an event they did on Link Click's social networks in which people, from what I understand is what they say, they invite people to tell their regrets, share them and I think the message it gives is don't dwell on the past all the time thinking about those things, just let it go and get on with living your life
Clas1ckJun 1, 2021 8:50 AM
Jun 3, 2021 10:20 AM
Nov 2020
WaterzBailed54 said:

Only way to get them is to watch the episodes on bilibili, which you can watch for free a week after they air (same policy as Funi and Crunchy btw, though bilibili is ad-free). Meaning Episode 5 was made free when this episode dropped. Link below

You say that bilibili is ad-free, but there are this sentences flying on the player? how to turn them off?
Jun 4, 2021 12:10 AM
Oct 2020
PaninaManina said:

This is also the question on my mind. Please enlighten me
Jun 4, 2021 1:13 AM
Jul 2017
Hammie_97 said:
WaterzBailed54 said:

You say that bilibili is ad-free, but there are this sentences flying on the player? how to turn them off?

Those are comments, there's a switch below the player to turn them off.
Jun 4, 2021 6:30 AM
Mar 2016
This episode was cool. It was a huge surprise to me that 50 years had passed tho 😑 i thought it would only be a few years and then bam. That dad is super stubborn huh.
Jun 4, 2021 1:36 PM

Sep 2020
Hate that father , such a asshole don't care about his daughter happiness at all ruined 2 peoples life

The ending was really touching , didn't cry like the last episode but really made me sad
ZXEANJun 4, 2021 1:39 PM
Jun 5, 2021 3:28 PM
Jun 2015
Fulserish said:

https://youtu.be/jYdaryZ8dbg
Jun 7, 2021 10:34 PM
Mar 2021
Nicola81194 said:
Okay so I used Google photo translated to translate what the message on the phone said and it's basically this-

MOKIA

Waiting for you to marry me
Reply:

Okay, let's go together

until old

Operation Return

bruhhh omg!
this got me sentimental for sure. Good ep i love varying usage of time in this show. The canto threw me for loop for lol. The ending and the pictures was quite nice. stoked to get back to the plot but this was refreshing and wholesome. Even though the dad was overly cruel abt this. at least they are happy together now.
Jun 7, 2021 11:43 PM
Oct 2014
The suitor and the daughter both looked older than the dad at the end.

Anyway it was okay, but maybe it would have been better if it aired before the whole basketball arc.
Jun 11, 2021 7:44 PM
Nov 2020
Damn, so the lesson learned is to get into martial arts so you can be healthier, live longer, and be physically-stronger than your descendants lol

Kinda sad that this had to go on for decades.
Jun 22, 2021 10:03 AM

Feb 2021
Does anyone know what was the last part that was shown on billbilli? The real footage and all, I’m curious what that is.
Jul 7, 2021 2:54 PM
Mar 2018
Thought this was a recap episode, but turns out it had actual content in it.

What a nice love story. Missed some untranslated messages, but the emotion still went through.

Jul 10, 2021 11:42 PM

Mar 2007
This hit too close to home, considering I actually know many of the older generation Chinese who are equally as stubborn as this girl's father about "tradition". It's good that he FINALLY Admitted defeat, after the future son in law said what he did about fighting in a different location.

The Cantonese bits (which I understood better than Mandarin) said by the Girl's father were hilarious. Nothing like a cranky old man complaining in Cantonese.
Jul 13, 2021 3:07 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
That was a beautiful love story, this guy is a huge tryharder though but it's proof how much he loves her, the fighting scenes were also pretty good, and it ended good, interesting also for the ending visuals this time
Jul 13, 2021 1:13 PM

Apr 2018
It really took them 50+ years just to get together, happy ending tho.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jul 14, 2021 5:31 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
This episode thread has been properly formatted.
Jul 14, 2021 1:57 PM

Jun 2020
For a moment I thought that the old man didn't let them get together even till the end. But then he said they had a kid. Lmao. I get the point of the story but still this felt kinda stupid....
Jul 16, 2021 8:53 PM
Nov 2020
anime-prime said:
This episode thread has been properly formatted.

Thanks for doing this.
Jul 22, 2021 2:44 AM

Jul 2015
sighhh that's asian father for you
Jul 27, 2021 10:24 PM

Mar 2016
Does Link Click take place in the future? I am pretty sure I saw 2020 or 2021 somewhere in an episode. But, if that were the case, mobile phones shouldn't have existed. Especially ones that can take photos.

Also, the dad has been alive far too long! And, he looks younger than his children!

I am glad this was only an extra episode, and not really part of the main series because I can just act like this never happened, and ignore the references the characters make to this episode.
Aug 2, 2021 2:14 PM
busy week =_+

Dec 2014
Such a wholesome episode!
And boy did that grandpa lived a long life
That's one stubborn chinese dad for you lol
Glad they finally found their happily ever after!

CURRENT: semi-hiatus (busy)

Sep 8, 2021 9:20 PM
Sep 2021
I don't understand why did the father give up in the end? Is it basically just Siwen persevered so much that the father finally just gave up? Also what even was Qiao Ling's plan? That they would help carry Siwen up the stairs??
Sep 9, 2021 1:49 AM

Jan 2021
That was unfair man I know that’s how they do things but if you can’t win the fight as a last resort he should’ve just took the girl and escaped to the city or something like that
Sep 12, 2021 11:21 PM
Jan 2021
Ko-me said:
Inugirlz said:

I'm not 0-0 I mean they try to find a way to help him get his wish - marry the girl he love. that what both of them always wanted, the blassing of the father. while I bet they did live together, they still didn't marry each other. and I doubt the girl marry anyone else, she said to her father that she will never marry in this life time to stop the fight.

I know they could have just ignore the father and marry anyway, but it is a promise the guy made to her, it was important to him. I think the point is they wanted the father to acknowledge him be part of the family.

I know people can see it has dumb, but I think it is part of the culture and the father did give up in the end like after a very long time. took him long enough but hi, nothing bad there, since they still live together their whole life anyway XD marreid or not.

I think it was very cute and heart warming ^_^

Being from SE Asia, I very well understand the importance of the blessings of elders in the family.

Mr_Srijan said:
For a moment I thought that the old man didn't let them get together even till the end. But then he said they had a kid. Lmao. I get the point of the story but still this felt kinda stupid....

Jamk_ said:
That was unfair man I know that’s how they do things but if you can’t win the fight as a last resort he should’ve just took the girl and escaped to the city or something like that

They were already together all these years, with a kid; just not married. The guy made a promise to their girl, maybe that's why he tried all these years.
For an Asian, it is considered a part of the tradition to get the blessing of their elders for marriage because marriage is considered a union of two families. That's why the father was so stubborn about not allowing marrying someone out of their ancestry.

dushtSep 12, 2021 11:25 PM
Sep 13, 2021 7:27 PM

May 2018
What a shitty father! He prioritized bloodline over his own daughter's happiness?! He sucks!!

I'm wondering if they did some kind of family register thing, but never had an official ceremony because they wanted the father's blessing. Like, a marriage in name only?

"Are you intoxicated, or just insane?"
Sep 16, 2021 8:34 PM
Jul 2019
That was very sweet. While only a filler episode, I enjoyed every minute of it. The ED was beautiful.
8/10.
Oct 24, 2021 1:54 PM

May 2021
Thats a ton of dedication
Inhales oxygen
Dec 24, 2021 5:24 PM

Jun 2020
da lengths u go 4 a lil milf coochie 🤤🤤🤤
Mar 3, 2022 10:04 AM

Jun 2007
this was ridiculous ahaha
see you, space cowperson . . .
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» don't skip this episode

Khashishi - Jul 22, 2023

4 by OvergrownRover »»
Jul 23, 2023 10:22 PM

» What does the cell say at the end?

Hoelle98 - Aug 21, 2021

5 by nullings »»
Nov 5, 2022 12:23 PM

» Cell Phone - Plot Hole?

Takano28 - Jun 26, 2021

6 by Pale_Martian »»
Sep 21, 2021 1:15 PM

» Is this episode 5.5?

Faust16 - Jul 26, 2021

3 by removed-user »»
Sep 9, 2021 8:23 PM

» Does anyone know where to watch episode 5.5? [ANSWERED]

voovoov - Jun 18, 2021

12 by voovoov »»
Jul 10, 2021 6:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.