Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 8, 2019 9:24 AM

Apr 2016
This seems intriguing though I kind of think it will kinda suck. Guess we have to wait to find out :>
The dearer you hold a memory the more painful it becomes.

Feb 9, 2019 1:44 AM

Feb 2010
So apparently DeNa is involved in this Project Anima thing, so I'M not too optimistic especially since Satelight doesn't particularly instill confidence in the project either. But I'll keep my eye on this just in case.
I probably regret this post by now.
Mar 6, 2019 2:45 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Seems fairly interesting, yay for now I suppose.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 5, 2019 1:52 PM

Jun 2019
Much likely it's not gonna be that good. I will go with no expectations whatsoever.
Mar 19, 2020 12:30 AM

Nov 2007
Character visuals
https://www.animatetimes.com/news/details.php?id=1584598290

Fall 2021, also titled SAKÜGAN
https://twitter.com/aoni_official/status/1326738839759593472

Main casts, w. proper photo of the new seiyuu Kanon Amane
https://natalie.mu/comic/news/407294

New key visual, more info. on January 19, 2021
OP: "Koukotsu Labyrinth (恍惚ラビリンス)" by Masaaki Endoh
ED: "Shine" by MindaRyn
Official site: https://sakugan-anime.com/
https://natalie.mu/comic/news/408990

Additional Cast, Attending Chou Seiyuu-sai
https://natalie.mu/comic/news/424639

Additional Casts
https://moca-news.net/article/20210421/2021042112000a_/01/
https://moca-news.net/article/20210502/2021050200000a_/01/
https://moca-news.net/article/20210520/2021052006000a_/01/
https://natalie.mu/comic/news/431586
https://moca-news.net/article/20210615/2021061512000a_/01/

New PV
https://natalie.mu/comic/news/435705

New Key Visual
Airing on Thursdays at 23:30 (11:30 p.m.) JST via Tokyo MS and MBS, followed by BS11 starting October 7, 2021.
Pre-streaming event via Nico Nico on September 19
https://natalie.mu/comic/news/439841
tsubasaloverAug 6, 2021 1:03 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 25, 2020 11:57 AM
Feb 2020
I don't know the studio or the source material but just going by the synopsis there's huge potential for worldbuilding here. I've got it on my list, and for me it will probably rise or fall by how well they set the scene and bring this Labyrinth to life.
Jun 28, 2020 11:03 AM

Jul 2017
The character designs look interesting, and I'm a sucker for a wholesome family story. The overall vibe reminds me of the first episode of Gurren Lagann mixed with Somali & MIB, so it's a yay for me at the moment.
Sep 8, 2020 1:32 PM

Jan 2019
Does anyone know if this will still happen? There has been no news for a long time...
"If someone says it's wrong to hope, I'll tell them they're wrong every single time."
Aug 5, 2021 11:13 AM

Apr 2012
I'm getting Made in Abyss vibes.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Oct 4, 2021 6:40 AM

Oct 2019
doesn't it say in the trailer the creator nier automata is working on this?

unless i'm mistaken that alone should guarantee a at least 7/10 show.
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Oct 6, 2021 11:16 PM
Jul 2021
Janethan23 said:

Same. The “searching for mother” thing is very similar to Made in Abyss
Oct 7, 2021 10:27 AM

Aug 2012
Just a feminist rehash of Tengen Tropa Gurenn Lagann based on first episode. Will give it the benefit of a doubt but I doubt it will amass to anything
Janethan23 said:

Only in Made in the Abyss there was a reason to leave not so much immediate danger from leaving and an OP mechaboy to protect her.
Oct 7, 2021 11:40 AM

Mar 2020
nightcrawlercyp said:
Just a feminist rehash of Tengen Tropa Gurenn Lagann based on first episode. Will give it the benefit of a doubt but I doubt it will amass to anything
Janethan23 said:

Only in Made in the Abyss there was a reason to leave not so much immediate danger from leaving and an OP mechaboy to protect her.

Why feminist? Just because a little girl is one of the main characters?
Oct 7, 2021 11:58 AM
Oct 2020
Too early for me to tell, I try not to make those judgments off of one episode
Oct 7, 2021 12:45 PM
Oct 2008
Dude that made script is experienced. Ep 1 look good so i say yay for now. Also father-daughter journey can be cool!
Oct 7, 2021 1:15 PM

Nov 2013
First episode left me with positive thoughts. Of course this can get bad, but since this anime is based on novel, I think the worst that can happen is quality of visuals dropping. CGI was tolerable, but it can get messy. That's the only fear I currently have.

(some have already said that this show reminds them of Deca-dence). I must say that animation/characters have the same vibe.

To say it shortly, it's Yay from me. It has a high potential.
Oct 7, 2021 10:55 PM

Aug 2012
Squilon said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

No, because every risky job is apparently made by a woman, unlike you know entire human history where women where protected because they have the babies, and despite themm being 4 times weaker and less resilient to pain and physical injuries. Also this is mostly a rehash os Tengen Troppa with main protagonists replaced as women. And there is the abuse on the father which is considered funny, the idea that a 9 year old genius can really exist when it comes to maths, and that for some reason it will be a girl despite women being wired to be better at memorisation than stuff like this.... there is a lot.
Oct 8, 2021 2:20 AM
Jul 2020
Janethan23 said:

This is literally Deca-dance meets Made in Abyss
Oct 8, 2021 7:19 AM

Mar 2020
nightcrawlercyp said:
Squilon said:

No, because every risky job is apparently made by a woman, unlike you know entire human history where women where protected because they have the babies, and despite themm being 4 times weaker and less resilient to pain and physical injuries. Also this is mostly a rehash os Tengen Troppa with main protagonists replaced as women. And there is the abuse on the father which is considered funny, the idea that a 9 year old genius can really exist when it comes to maths, and that for some reason it will be a girl despite women being wired to be better at memorisation than stuff like this.... there is a lot.

Every risky job? We are literally shown only 1 female Marker, and all the Workers are also male except for Memempu, who isn't even really a Worker, she's just helping her dad out.

As for the "history" part, I don't think you got it, but this is SCI FI. Which means it's more advanced than contemporary times, in which women already fill roles, in bigger or smaller amounts, in every type of job, be it physical, policing, security, or even military. Are you seriously gonna say that showing ONE female explorer (who rides inside a fucking mech) in a futuristic setting is unrealistic???

You're watching a show about people who live in a cave, ride in massive robots, and fight monsters, and you're gonna complain about a female explorer and a child prodigy being unrealistic? Jesus Christ, either you're trolling or you're extremely butthurt. Relax, and try to enjoy what you're watching, and try and keep whatever agenda your brain's overflowing with out of other people's way.
Oct 8, 2021 9:09 AM
Apr 2021
nightcrawlercyp said:
Squilon said:

you could just say that you are sexist
Oct 8, 2021 9:27 AM

Aug 2012
5gd34r said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

If I am sexist then nature is sexist... go bother it!
Squilon said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

Every risky job? We are literally shown only 1 female Marker, and all the Workers are also male except for Memempu, who isn't even really a Worker, she's just helping her dad out.

As for the "history" part, I don't think you got it, but this is SCI FI. Which means it's more advanced than contemporary times, in which women already fill roles, in bigger or smaller amounts, in every type of job, be it physical, policing, security, or even military. Are you seriously gonna say that showing ONE female explorer (who rides inside a fucking mech) in a futuristic setting is unrealistic???

You're watching a show about people who live in a cave, ride in massive robots, and fight monsters, and you're gonna complain about a female explorer and a child prodigy being unrealistic? Jesus Christ, either you're trolling or you're extremely butthurt. Relax, and try to enjoy what you're watching, and try and keep whatever agenda your brain's overflowing with out of other people's way.

Unless you have artificial wombs like in Vandread it matters not the technology, any society that gives authority to women will die out fast. That is because you still need babies. You are not immortal, and women to be on the fragile side and have a very limited fertility window. About women today filling those roles that is true, but that does not mean they are capable of actually doing them.
Also I have no problem with female explorers , even though history has proven they almost always end up dead pretty fast, what I have a problem is that this female explorer managed to map the whole labyrinth which no one else managed while fighting a lot of Kaiju. And about the mech the end of the episode showed how useless they are unless they gang up against single kaijuu.
nightcrawlercypOct 8, 2021 9:36 AM
Oct 8, 2021 10:09 AM
Go read Medalist
Apr 2007
nightcrawlercyp said:

Good job.

The rest of the "argument" is not even an argument because there's nothing in particular that would prevent a person living in a highly advanced technological society to disregard the relatively minor biological differences between sexes. Why should it matter whether a man or a woman is piloting a mech? You just sound very butthurt, my friend.
Oct 8, 2021 10:28 AM

Aug 2012
moozooh said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

Good job.

The rest of the "argument" is not even an argument because there's nothing in particular that would prevent a person living in a highly advanced technological society to disregard the relatively minor biological differences between sexes. Why should it matter whether a man or a woman is piloting a mech? You just sound very butthurt, my friend.

Minor? Right so all those trans females winning all the female olympics by a landslide is just a fluke and a minor difference? Have you heard of steroids? Do you know what they are? They are artificial testosterone. Also you still did not bring any answer to the question who will give rbirth to babies if women do not?
Oct 8, 2021 11:40 AM
Oct 2016
nightcrawlercyp said:
Minor? Right so all those trans females winning all the female olympics by a landslide is just a fluke and a minor difference? Have you heard of steroids? Do you know what they are? They are artificial testosterone. Also you still did not bring any answer to the question who will give rbirth to babies if women do not?

You should probably double-check your sources. It sounds like you're about to make a huge fool of yourself and now would be a great time to dodge that.
Oct 8, 2021 11:50 AM

Mar 2020
nightcrawlercyp said:
5gd34r said:
Squilon said:

Unless you have artificial wombs like in Vandread it matters not the technology, any society that gives authority to women will die out fast. That is because you still need babies. You are not immortal, and women to be on the fragile side and have a very limited fertility window. About women today filling those roles that is true, but that does not mean they are capable of actually doing them.
Also I have no problem with female explorers , even though history has proven they almost always end up dead pretty fast, what I have a problem is that this female explorer managed to map the whole labyrinth which no one else managed while fighting a lot of Kaiju. And about the mech the end of the episode showed how useless they are unless they gang up against single kaijuu.

Ah, so you're a fucking idiot... wait, am I allowed to call a sexist asshole a fucking idiot? Guess we'll find out.
Oct 8, 2021 6:48 PM
Go read Medalist
Apr 2007
nightcrawlercyp said:
Also you still did not bring any answer to the question who will give rbirth to babies if women do not?

I wasn't supposed to because it wasn't me you were talking to; not that you'd notice it yourself.

But since you feel like calling someone out on not answering a question, how about you explain in clear and unambiguous terms how testosterone matters when piloting a mech, a question you so elegantly dodged.
Oct 8, 2021 10:43 PM

Aug 2012
moozooh said:
nightcrawlercyp said:
Also you still did not bring any answer to the question who will give rbirth to babies if women do not?

I wasn't supposed to because it wasn't me you were talking to; not that you'd notice it yourself.

But since you feel like calling someone out on not answering a question, how about you explain in clear and unambiguous terms how testosterone matters when piloting a mech, a question you so elegantly dodged.

Testosterone works with cortisol the stress hormone to form a tunnel effect so to speak basically forcing the driver to focus on the task at hand. It is an well known fact that in this way testosteone lowers stress and anxiety. In women once the extremely small amount of testosterone gets consumed the amigdala produces adrenaline causing a fight or flight response i.e. panic. That is women have so many car accidents from panic in dangerous situations.
So to make things simpler, women are more prone to panic in dangerous situations and take bad decissions.

AdellRazh said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

You should probably double-check your sources. It sounds like you're about to make a huge fool of yourself and now would be a great time to dodge that.

https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/drugfacts/anabolic-steroids
https://www.wired.com/story/the-glorious-victories-of-trans-athletes-are-shaking-up-sports/
here are some sources.... maybe you should check your feminist biases
nightcrawlercypOct 8, 2021 10:47 PM
Oct 10, 2021 11:21 PM
Go read Medalist
Apr 2007
nightcrawlercyp said:
Testosterone works with cortisol the stress hormone to form a tunnel effect so to speak basically forcing the driver to focus on the task at hand. It is an well known fact that in this way testosteone lowers stress and anxiety. In women once the extremely small amount of testosterone gets consumed the amigdala produces adrenaline causing a fight or flight response i.e. panic. That is women have so many car accidents from panic in dangerous situations.
So to make things simpler, women are more prone to panic in dangerous situations and take bad decissions.

Wonderful theory. Unfortunately, you seem to only have cursory understanding of what you're talking about, and got stuck in an echo chamber perpetuating your inane delusions.

1. Amygdala doesn't produce adrenaline; adrenal glands do. They're located on top of your kidneys, quite a distance away from where amygdala is located.

2. Testosterone does not reduce stress in any way; I'm not sure where you got that from. (Stress does affect testosterone levels, however.) Moreover, it can worsen the effect of cortisol: "Compared to placebo, testosterone significantly increased cortisol and negative affect in response to the stressor".

3. Regarding cortisol responses in men and women, I'm afraid the reality doesn't quite meet your expectations:
* "Following the psychological stressor, adrenocorticotropin (ACTH) and cortisol responses were significantly greater in male subjects compared to female subjects."
* "Between puberty and menopause, adult women usually show lower HPAA and autonomic responses than men of same age."
* "Results indicate that men and women reported similarly high levels of subjective stress in response to both tasks. However, men and women demonstrated different cortisol responses: men showed a robust response to both tasks, and women displayed a smaller response. These findings are consistent with previous literature."

4. Some real-life scientific data regarding likelihood of bad decisions in stressful situations such as piloting an aircraft (I'm sorry, couldn't find any data on mechs):
* "Males' crashes were more likely to involve flawed decisions (29% vs. 19% of females' crashes) (p = 0.027) or inattention (32% vs. 19%) (p = 0.004)."
* "Males had a higher rate of accidents than females, and a higher portion of the male accidents resulted in fatalities or serious injuries than for females.."
* "After adjusting for variables included in the model, accident rates of males and females were not significantly different. These findings suggest that neither males nor females are a safer pilot group. Airlines should make every effort to recruit and retain experienced females."
* "There is no evidence from the Chi-square tests and logistic regression models that support the likelihood of an accident caused by pilot error to be related to pilot gender. However, evidence is found that male pilots, those older than 60 years of age, and with more experience, are more likely to be involved in a fatal accident."

I have other business to attend now, but if you look up the data on driving accidents yourself, you'll similarly find that women are, on average, either comparable or safer drivers than men depending on the region/time period/research methodology, but pretty much never the other way around.

5. See also: Amy Johnson, Felicity Aston, Nellie Bly, and basically this entire fucking list.

So, despite how it may seem to you, there's no evidence that a woman wouldn't be able to pilot a mech or explore the wilderness as well as a man would.
moozoohOct 11, 2021 12:04 AM
Oct 11, 2021 6:56 PM
Sep 2020
This first episode blew me away it was amazing I only tried it because I have a thing for cute forehead lolis but damn did I make a good choice 10/10 first episode..... Never will I doubt a forehead Loli again (◡ ω ◡)
Oct 17, 2021 7:48 AM

May 2021
After watching the first episode it's more like a nay... but it's too early to have a judgment. Need see at least 3 or 4 episodes to have a first opinion
Oct 24, 2021 4:11 PM

Dec 2017
I like it a lot thus far, at 3 episodes in.
Feb 10, 2022 2:01 PM

Oct 2008
Yay for me, just finished it and well even if ep 8 ended, as it did, I still liked this anime quite a bit.
Feb 12, 2022 4:49 PM
Oct 2008
How did someone asking if a show about mechs digging tunnels is good turn into a gender/sexism soapbox lmao. Pretty weirdchamp.

On topic, I just binged the season and gave it a 6 overall, ALMOST a 7. My best advice is don't go into it expecting some grandiose adventure. To me it had more of a Bebop vibe in that its more about the characters bantering with each other while in precarious situations, where the end goal kind of takes a backseat. It's episodic in that way. The music slaps, there's a few nice emotional beats, and a few 'growing up' lessons, but I wish the main goal took a bit more priority and the characters weren't as one note. I think the one-note nature is kind of intentional for that episodic feel and helps with the banter though, but it does get stale at times. Also the animation isn't anything to write home about and it has CG robos.

tldr: It's kids Bebop and kind of underdelivers, but if you have time to burn it may be worth your time
YettumFeb 12, 2022 5:09 PM
Oct 18, 2022 7:50 PM
Jun 2021
Why does this show have such bad reviews? (6.5) it is not the best show ever but it at least deserves a 7. For me it’s a yay.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakugan Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2021

51 by Talamare »»
Jun 17, 10:20 PM

Poll: » Sakugan Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2021

67 by RioAl »»
Nov 3, 2023 11:27 PM

Poll: » Sakugan Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 5, 2021

113 by Destroyer31 »»
Oct 27, 2023 8:09 AM

» Will there be a second season?

LovelyTekki - Dec 27, 2021

5 by Ionliosite2 »»
Mar 13, 2023 12:36 PM

Poll: » Sakugan Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2021

39 by Titadou »»
Jul 14, 2022 3:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.