Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 18, 2021 9:59 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode probably had the highest stakes on both sides. Carla put up a hell of a fight tbh.

On the other hand, the change in mood with the singing and charisma this episode caught me slightly off guard. It definitely brings it a lighter tone to the show after all the war drama and politics in their world.

Juna is amazing as expected.
Sep 18, 2021 10:37 AM

Apr 2010
Well it seems they have way to much things going on to put in one episode and some of the things they aren't covering would explain a few things but i guess the director had to make some decisions.
I can't say i am disappointed tho it's looking pretty good.
Kazuya also did was on the battlefield even tho he didn't do much and left more of it up to others.
Sep 18, 2021 10:42 AM

Jun 2019
Let the battle commence. Souma did an amazing job of trapping the enemy in their own plan. While Souma was ready with his fully ready soldiers, the enemy soldiers are exhausted, as expected. I did feel bad for them there. Souma really outplayed everyone on the battlefield with his strategies.

Everyone did an amazing job on the battlefield and they ended up winning Van and as expected from him, Souma immediately started strategizing how to handle the bitterness in people's hearts. The singing and everything was quite unexpected but yes, that does put minds at ease. LOL
Sep 18, 2021 10:49 AM

Apr 2016
I like how we have a war and Liscia is just casually wearing her daily attire lmao. Speaking of war and specifically battles that take place in it, those battles were kinda tragically animated ... Also Souma dude, you slaughtered thousands of men in the last week's episode, it's a bit too late to have second guesses.

And what's with Japan and those cringey slave collars. What is this ? SAO ? For fuck sake. And Souma is now gonna marry the dead's king daughter and make her brother slave ? More and more i feel like i'm watching Kuroinu.
Sep 18, 2021 10:54 AM

Jul 2017
The Principal of Amidonia has fallen at the hands of Kazuya...ALMOST. The only ones left are remnant forces led by King Gaius, and let the decisive war battle commence.

At first, I'd thought that the fight itself would be in CGI, but no. And Kazuya having 2nd thoughts at this stage is just frightening, but once he takes Gaius's head, Amidonia is done for good (and vice versa for Gaius). And Gaius already knew that he's fighting a losing battle, so a direct charge towards the man in question is their assault.

A good thing that Carla stands as Kazuya's defense, and that Gaius is defeated and Amidonia is theirs, but the animation in that looks seriously unpolished with those derp faces and with content compressed to the max. EWWWW...

The post-war takeover and cleanup, and the problems don't stop there. But it's funny how Kazuya can complement other girls like Juna while in front of Liscia, she certainly feels jeaalous about that. The broadcast segment I feel like its use is quite uncanny, the same as in Elfrieden before they set out for war, now used in Van. The 1st time I can get away with it, the 2nd time now is weird.

IDK...this is becoming something that is quirking my spidey senses, now at the final stretch.
Sep 18, 2021 11:00 AM

Feb 2019
Seems like a lot of stuff was packed into this episode. We went from a war to Elfrieden idol lmao. Aisha in a dress was adorable though, finale next week!
Sep 18, 2021 11:05 AM
Oct 2016
Handling this short war with ease. Souma waited there at the capital helping establish good relations before heading back home. His army overwhelming Amidonia forces. Carla wanting to be sent right at Gaius to strike him down. The puppet has been cool since that element of the story was introduced. Souma using his living poltergeist to help out in battle since he's not a fighter himself. Exploding it on Gaius to end things. It got weird once Souma did that performance show where we got like three songs, that seemed odd. Maybe it's a Japanese thing to have like nation wide or city wide performance shows to boost moral but its lost on me. Still good to see Souma come out on top of this battle and know he's got enemies out there too.
Sep 18, 2021 11:08 AM

Dec 2020
Kazuya won the next battle and is becoming more popular as a king. After that, they did a song show and wow they’re voices are so nice!
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Sep 18, 2021 11:14 AM

Oct 2017
The war is finally over and Souma won. I mean ofc he did, everything went according to his plans. The live broadcast was nice, Juna singing was sweet. Aisha looked cute in the dress.

One more episode to go, let's see how they wrap up this season.
Sep 18, 2021 11:16 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Gaius is dead and they took over Amidonia and the capital Van, but still Souma has his own convictions and morals, even under enemy occupation people from Amidonia can sing their anthem, the songs at the end were beautiful.
Sep 18, 2021 11:34 AM

Mar 2013
Killing the king and then befriending the country and its people. How nice though the animation this episode was a bit average but it was still a good watch.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Sep 18, 2021 11:53 AM

Apr 2018
Well well, he managed to defeat the Prince of Amidonia. And the war is pretty much over. Carla did an amazing job at holding herself against him. An idol show in the end lol, well they need some quality rest after a war.
The new outfits were just *chefkiss*

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Sep 18, 2021 12:03 PM
Dec 2019
Episode was good, (4/5) however it was quite rushed, left quite a bit unexplained and skipped quite a bit of material but that was to be expected if episode 13 is going to end where I think its going to end (cant say because spoilers rip)
Sep 18, 2021 12:12 PM
Sep 2015
Using music airtime to calm people down during wartime was actually a real-world strategy before internet era, but they'd avoid national anthem, this is the twist that Souma bring.

Anyway, I'm still not satisfied at high casualties from this war. That number should be zero in anycase. This anime should focus on food and music broadcasting and dungeon exploring (using Souma's ninja avatar). No more war, no more death.
Sep 18, 2021 1:09 PM

May 2018
How do we calm the Amidonian citizens that hate us to our guts? A singing show of course!

If only the battles were better animated with better frames but oh well
Sep 18, 2021 1:14 PM
Jul 2021
Damn that was a Woman!?! She's a beast! Seriously thought there was too many songs, the singing was good it just feels like a waste of time they could have been doing something much better and more entertaining. Btw soo glad this wasn't the finale! I was absolutely positive that this was 12 episodes like everything else. Hopefully the finale is great and we get MORE Seasons!
Sep 18, 2021 1:21 PM
Jul 2021
SideCharacterKal said:
Well well, he managed to defeat the Prince of Amidonia. And the war is pretty much over. Carla did an amazing job at holding herself against him. An idol show in the end lol, well they need some quality rest after a war.
The new outfits were just *chefkiss*

Lmao right? Seriously I love Aisha she's so awesome, and it was funny to see Souma blush when she put her hand over her mostly exposed chesticles. I REALLY hope we get more seasons and hopefully better animation later on(although I know it'll never be amazing or anything, but imagine if we had Mappa, or the team that does Reincarnated as a Slime). I seriously can't wait and hope we get to see him become the official King, and marry her, and the Harem to legitimately come into play! Lmao I'd love to see further conversations about him having multiple wives and about the women giving him multiple babies to expand the bloodline! Especially Aisha, Liscia and Juna! With that voice imagine the wonderful sounds at night 😂... This show is such an interesting Isekai, I love Isekai in general(even some of the ones a lot of people consider bad) but this one is just special on my opinion.
Sep 18, 2021 1:29 PM
Jul 2021
The animation just get worse each episode
Sep 18, 2021 1:29 PM

May 2020
It didn't took that much time for war to wrapped up, and of course enemies were defeated. Souma sticking to his ideals was something that anyone can expect. Aisha in that new outfit was something that caught my eye lol.

Just one more episode now, will be interesting to see how they will conclude this.
Softhenic03Dec 4, 2021 7:43 AM
Sep 18, 2021 1:41 PM
Jul 2018
on the other hand it showed the events after the war they were facing.

There were moments of singing that had many people who knew how to sing well around everyone.
Sep 18, 2021 1:44 PM

Aug 2013
Amidonia is finally defeated with the death of their king. All that's left is to defeat the son and take over the country. I wonder how things will end with next week's episode. Looking forward to that.

Sep 18, 2021 1:44 PM
Dec 2019
Oopbao12 said:
The animation just get worse each episode

Hate to admit it but thats the case with a lot of anime, starts out strong but looks more shit as it comes closer to its end
Sep 18, 2021 1:56 PM

May 2021
Elfrieden’s best singer competition has commenced! xD. Good episode. Looking forward to the next one
AISHITERU...REM!
Sep 18, 2021 4:46 PM
Jan 2009
For some reason the news broadcast part of the show reminded me of the NK state run TV. Also kind of weird that Kazuya felt like an imposter King after massacring 15k+ enemies. The story was never about fair fights and would likely never have much real tension in the fights, so I'm not too worked up about lack of fight animation.
Sep 18, 2021 6:06 PM

Apr 2015
The war had entered the final stages and it was Amidonia's turn to fall. Killing king Gaius was no small feat. Carla put up a good fight against him. I did feel sorry for his daughter though.

That musical program thing felt a bit weird for some reason at first but it turned out pretty great though. Aisha wore that dress to perfection, showing off that boobilicious front!! Good thing Liscia didn't see Kazuya avert his eyes from Aisha's dress. She was already getting jealous cause of him throwing compliments towards Juna XD

That Amidonia girl/soldier is one buff woman, initially didn't even occur to me she was a girl.
Sep 18, 2021 7:29 PM

Mar 2012
Yet another show with so many pointless side characters, bad acting (that singing was atrocious), and a messy plot. Well, glad it'll be over next week.
Sep 18, 2021 7:33 PM
Apr 2016
Wow they really butcher the war part, lots of skipped content, shitty animation. We don't even see Gaius at full power, well what did I even expect from harem anime lol.
Sep 18, 2021 7:55 PM
Aug 2018
it is good,may get season two
Sep 18, 2021 8:53 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Well, Amidonia has fallen for real. No more resistance, its just a warming up. Gaius death, and all of his childs decide to make a flee because, well, he was already fallen. I still don't see the role of Gaius daughter. Maybe the last episode will showing up her doing? But, at this point, i may have thinking that they are just showing up the summary of a certain points, while it should've been more proper to adapt everything into more suitable pacing than this episode, in these case Amidonia subjugation can be more interesting than this. I mean, seriously its just about the music? Well, Aisha maybe good, but the music? Weird af. But, looks like its work! Whatever Souma-sama takes, this is a fine episode overall. I am still liking Juna and her military outfit. Liscia respond toward it also cute. Like that bits. Carla could have more action time than that stiffy part, and whats up with Souma blabbing about the nonsense realistic thought of him. Stop it and back to your fantasy work, lad! Then, they really forget about Tomoe and Hakuya existence at this point. Glad Poncho still have a little role there.

Smh, alright, no more complain, since i know it can't be suit much to my sense. So, yeah, can't wait for the last.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Sep 18, 2021 9:02 PM

Dec 2020
im so sorry but that.. Performance at the end was just laughable. singing could've been worse and i get what they were trying to Do but Watching it with my eyes.. i giggled. a lady who's supposed to be seen as Lorelei singing while swinging her arms around waitress style WHAT was that just standing still could've been better😭😭
Sep 18, 2021 9:49 PM

Jan 2017
As an epilogue to the whole "Amidonia battle" arc this was kinda messy tbh, a bit lost when POV is changed to the mercs which Kazuya joined with his puppet

As a prelude to the whole eventual mankind war I felt it's somewhat decent, he finally quoted historians that isn't Machiavelli with that singing sequence too
Sep 19, 2021 12:20 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm a pitched battle to settle things huh i approve. The stakes are certainly high enough. That was quite the challenge from Liscia though. But given her skill claiming it will not be easy. Its nice that Carla was given the opportunity to fight for her new king though. Still its most unfortunate that a diplomatic solution wasn't possible with Gaius. Man Souma's puppet and Juno really cross paths often. If it was human then romance will certainly be in the air. Trust Amidonia to have more weapons than food and money for the people though. Using a musical show to calm the people sure was quite the creative move. Overall an excellent ep that featured quite a bit of action to it which combined well with Souma's foresight and his desire to protect his men from harm as well. Curious at how this will end next week. Looks like they ran out of time in the end though lol.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 19, 2021 1:13 AM
Jan 2017
I enjoy the show but the adaptation is quite weak, feels different than the manga, cos I remember being hyped up for the war while it came off as anti climatic in the anime, anyways overall it's good, can't wait for the finale!
Sep 19, 2021 1:53 AM

Oct 2016
Pretty good episode! Gaius is finally defeated. Well, gotta give respect where respect is due, the man isn't a coward. Pretty sad for Roroa though, she probably might not have the best relationship with her family, but that was still her father that died.

Power of idol shows! I like that plan though, letting an Amidonia general be on stage singing their national anthem to win over the people, big brain. Simple, but effective for this time period. Those wooden microphones though lmao.

Aisha looks great in the dress, that jiggle though ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). And of course Juna looks great in anything, even a white navy uniform. I wonder what the empire will do with Elfrieden. Looking forward to the finale, hope we get a second season.
Sep 19, 2021 3:02 AM
Aug 2018
mark_d said:
I enjoy the show but the adaptation is quite weak, feels different than the manga, cos I remember being hyped up for the war while it came off as anti climatic in the anime, anyways overall it's good, can't wait for the finale!
it may get season two
Sep 19, 2021 3:31 AM
Jan 2017
lizzziziz said:
im so sorry but that.. Performance at the end was just laughable. singing could've been worse and i get what they were trying to Do but Watching it with my eyes.. i giggled. a lady who's supposed to be seen as Lorelei singing while swinging her arms around waitress style WHAT was that just standing still could've been better😭😭
It was laughable in the manga as well, couldn't stand it😂
Sep 19, 2021 4:36 AM

Jun 2016
i really hoping for sequel oh mmy goadd
Sep 19, 2021 4:38 AM
Mar 2012
better pacing this ep. finally more ok animation.
rip puppet explosion
Souma that type who reads the fine print
Ninja Juna, now add navy Juna
Each singer quite distinct style, lol ruling by TV idols?
Sep 19, 2021 4:44 AM
Mar 2020
A lot happened in this episode and I'm glad we get one more, for we could see the Empire. But my main takeaway is that Carla got some nice thighs.
Sep 19, 2021 5:03 AM
Aug 2018
olokinprime said:
A lot happened in this episode and I'm glad we get one more, for we could see the Empire. But my main takeaway is that Carla got some nice thighs.
hope it get season two
Sep 19, 2021 7:02 AM

Feb 2017
This episode went from "meh" to so cringe that I felt sick, it wasn't even the act of a singing show but the way they made it look like a japanese variety show(that are still using the same formula developed in the '50s) even using mock mics and with a generic pop song.

I was thinking of reading the source material after the show is over but if the source is even slithly like this...
Sep 19, 2021 7:43 AM

Oct 2009
This show always exceed my expectation; just when I thought it couldn't be more cringe they made an Eurovision in isekai
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Sep 19, 2021 8:22 AM
Feb 2021
phantomfandom said:

Anyway, I'm still not satisfied at high casualties from this war. That number should be zero in anycase. This anime should focus on food and music broadcasting and dungeon exploring (using Souma's ninja avatar). No more war, no more death.

It’s called “Realist” Hero though. We’re likely in for a rough ride lol. The fact that theres no blood already disappoints me.
Sep 19, 2021 8:46 AM

Nov 2013
One episode to go before the end of this shitshow. Man are this characters so forgettable and this whole war arc has been tedious from start to finish. Everytime they put scenes on some characters I was scratching my head and asking who are these fuckers? and why should I care about them? the anime rarely put any time to someone other than souma, even his subordinates doesn't get enough screentimes and characterization.

Also, the show really needs some sort of escalation, I just don't feel anything with the last scenes with celebration or singing because there's nothing big was gained (or loss). I'm not in general a big fan of melodrama but this show to me really needs one to shakes things up. As a results this is a very very bland show.
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Sep 19, 2021 9:38 AM
Ooga Booga

Jul 2020
I guess singing does prevent a country from mourning their losses and lets them accept that they've been invaded

smoochie smoochie[/center]
Sep 19, 2021 10:49 AM
Nov 2019
Well episode was kida compressed way too mouch when the remaint force man started the anthem Singing i was like will Tanya Degurechaff pop out of somthere. Overall anime feels "good" i hope they make a OVA or something that can cover the in between fights or at least not shown like yea 4 min war, 2 min asset after war end and 5 min of Singing in front of a hole Kingdom, This feels like SAO, No game no life and Tensei shitra slime had a child that had way to low time in family, don't get me worong How a realist hero rebuilt the kingdom is a good anime but if the anime will be left like this will be pretty bad and will be just filled by another isekai in most people eyes.
Sep 19, 2021 11:10 AM
Feb 2021
This anime comes off as promo for the manga/LN. Lower budget animation, fast pacing, missing scenes. The ambush in the valley could’ve been an entire episode by itself.

The mood of the manga is completely lost. Should've spent the money to cover half the story at most. Whats the rush? They’ve almost caught up to the manga. Must mean they have no intention of season 2.

I still enjoy the ride since I can fill in the blanks but I can’t blame the negative commenters.
Sep 19, 2021 11:22 AM
Jul 2013
Coming from having read the manga, these past few episodes feel rushed, especially given the anime's main theme around, government and politics. The Van arc especially, has nuances and information, that while small, play a big role in making the people of Van's acceptance of the Kingdom believable, and understandable.

I really think it would have better had the ended this first season after the civil war. Then focus on the staff with Amidonia and later the Empire, in a season 2. Having rushed to the idols feels like an decisions made by executives for the sake of having some idol merchandise to sell. Which would probably sell better and be much more appealing with the potentially better animation of a season 2 with a freshly invigorated budget.

Strategist0083Sep 19, 2021 11:30 AM
Sep 19, 2021 6:21 PM

Aug 2018
Not bad, but still feels rushed overall. I would have definitely appreciated something slower, but I guess they planned to adapt as much as they can within 13 episodes.
Sep 19, 2021 7:13 PM

May 2018
Well, that's it for Amidonia, it now belongs to Souma......I guess what he's doing was introducing democracy in that world.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2021

101 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Oct 8, 12:02 PM

Poll: » Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2021

76 by Tsinelas »»
Jun 20, 2:36 AM

Poll: » Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2021

62 by Tsinelas »»
Jun 13, 6:52 AM

Poll: » Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2021

73 by Tsinelas »»
Jun 8, 9:38 PM

Poll: » Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha no Oukoku Saikenki Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2021

85 by Tsinelas »»
Jun 1, 6:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.