Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
I'm Standing on a Million Lives
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 30, 2021 9:00 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The ogres in this show are no joke as they are much more physically dominant compared to humans.

However, it looks like a disaster hit this episode with a volcano erupting. Felt like an episode about survival as the fireballs poured from the sky. I wasn't expecting the episode to take such a serious turn tbh. Oh and I kinda like the song they used this episode.

Jul 30, 2021 9:42 AM

Jul 2020
The orcs are pretty op, even by normal standards eh? FEAR THE SOOTHING TYPES xD! Pretty unlucky for them to try and start a raid but a volcano erupts lol. As usual the rest of the 'heroes' are useless, this is basically a solo mission at this point. The song really reminded me of more classical asian works, love to see them use a more traditional tune for a traditional island, really suited it. And just their luck, a dragon comes out of the volcano, seems like everything is going wrong now lol
LeviathanHWDJul 30, 2021 9:49 AM
Check out my channel @Criticiza on Youtube to watch my vids ;)

Jul 30, 2021 9:53 AM

Jun 2019
Ngl, that was really rude of Yotsuya especially the way he said it. Reject someone but at least show some respect. Idk, maybe only I felt that way. Some more casualties on the battlefield and the rest because of that volcano. That was really just disastrous for them and then that Tsunami. How worse will it get for them? That song made the situation even scarier.
Jul 30, 2021 10:00 AM

Feb 2019
That OST played during the evacuation was great. Yuuki Aoi as usual, was amazing in her role today too. Really emotional second half of the episode, interrupted by what looks to be a very threatening adversary for next week
Jul 30, 2021 10:02 AM

Apr 2014
What a disaster.
An earthquake, volcanic eruption, tsunami, and a dragon. These are the completed catastrophe set for a small island like Jiffon Island. Plus the song from Yana, combined together to make the situation worse and worst. At the moment, It will be very hard for Yuusuke to clear this mission.
何それ?意味分かんない
Jul 30, 2021 10:21 AM
Sep 2015
Brilliant metaphor! There are many hints but I only realized when the castle can stand against natural disaster that Jiffon island is basically Japan! As you know it has tsunami, earthquake, and volcano, and people from the past had to use their knowledge to build a town that can stand against such natural disasters. Also, Jiffon Buffo is basically an isekai version of wagyu, a black cow that is highly famous (and pricely) source of meat in Japan.

I'm wondering about orcs in the castle, I hope they're not baby/children orcs. But since this anime's strong point is to complicate the moral line, I'll accept whatever come next. The unpredictability is very high.
Jul 30, 2021 10:27 AM

Jul 2017
The war between the humans and orcs continue within the small Jiffon Island, and it's only scoring more deaths and regrets.

With remaining forces, try as they might with Cantil and Shindou agains the orc queen while Yotsuya and the others fend against the rest of the pack, the earthquake-turned-volcanic eruption-turned-tsunami, it's deadly on everyone, and truly a calamity worthy of its tainted memories of history.

The way that Yousuya tried to kill all the orcs in one fell swoop by destroying the symbol of Jiffon Island, the Kumamo castle, but the Valkedaam villagers won't bite into Yotsuya's plan, which is nothing but sacrifice for his own gain.

To end with a dragon calamity, how would this fight continue to hold on?
Jul 30, 2021 11:06 AM

Apr 2018
The OST in this episode was just perfect.

I never thought I'd see a tsunami and a volcano eruption in an anime.
Yotsuya is basically the only one who is moving forward even in such a situation. Idk what the rest are doing but he's the only one who won't give up.

I just love Aoyu's VA, Yuuki Aoi, she did such a great job at pouring her feelings into her words. Same goes for Yana.

The song that Yano sang made the episode much better.

And a dragon appeared in the end of the episode..

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jul 30, 2021 11:38 AM

Jan 2021
Fights and animation in general are as average as always.

Very emotional episode, the OST during the disasters was just great, and it would've been even better if it wasn't interrupted by whatever monster awakened from that volcano.

Well, we'll see what happens next I guess.
Jul 30, 2021 11:45 AM
Oct 2016
Yotsuya is absolutely right you gotta keep moving forward even if your goal looks impossible. We must persevere against the odds we're faced with. Whether it be fighting orcs or trying to survive volcanoes and tsunamis or trying to make a living on an island, you gotta keep trying to make it happen. The latter parts of this episode got very philosophical about that with those dual speeches. Things looked really bad with hellfire raining down from the volcano along a giant destructive wave from the ocean. But I still think our heroes can bring things together, defeat this orc queen and complete this quest.
Jul 30, 2021 1:13 PM
Apr 2020
The Music in this Episode is so Awesome 😆😆. The Situation and everything is just top level. Can't wait for next week's Episode.
Jul 30, 2021 1:48 PM
Sep 2012
Pretty powerful episode
Jul 30, 2021 2:52 PM

May 2012
So, anyone else eat with their working gloves on? Not me at least. Gross
if you want good story, read novel. if you want good graphic, read manga. anime is beyond that.
Jul 30, 2021 4:13 PM

Aug 2020
Yeah.. A volcanic island with frequent earthquakes and their homes not on high land.. inevitable destruction.. Where did the dragon come from? Don't tell me it's their God..

Last season they did a better job with the whole "The good guy and bad guy isn't always as obvious as it looks" thing. No matter how they try to twist it, the Orcs are the bad guys. Unless we learn something like the orcs never eat any humans at all, and had actually helped them clear the monsters off the island or something like that. But with the info as we have it now, it's just flat out stupid to think the orcs are the good guys.

Jul 30, 2021 4:37 PM
Feb 2021
Ahrum said:
Yeah.. A volcanic island with frequent earthquakes and their homes not on high land.. inevitable destruction.. Where did the dragon come from? Don't tell me it's their God..

Last season they did a better job with the whole "The good guy and bad guy isn't always as obvious as it looks" thing. No matter how they try to twist it, the Orcs are the bad guys. Unless we learn something like the orcs never eat any humans at all, and had actually helped them clear the monsters off the island or something like that. But with the info as we have it now, it's just flat out stupid to think the orcs are the good guys.

No one is arguing that the orcs are good guys though.
Jul 30, 2021 5:22 PM
Jul 2018
what a good episode I liked the elements of natural disasters is that for the first time the show addressed something more tense in relation to town or village.
Jul 30, 2021 5:25 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
The animation on these episode absolutely minimal, very clear at that orc queen battle. Oh well, not that i can complain about that much....

Ah, right, the disaster issues. I forgot that part exist on those little island, and unexpectedly became the great deal through their battle against the orcs. Looks like the relations between Aoiu and Yuusuke went smoothly closer, and its opened up those people eyes about the whole situations. Yeah, you really should've move on and building up the humanity from the beginning. However, the disaster problem seems to not just a tsunami and volcanic bombardment only. The mighty dragon, out of nowhere, appeared, reminded them, that the true disaster wasn't just the nature. Its the mighty fantasy creature, the dragon showed up in the good times, and, maybe, it will be a reason and put an end for orcs and human to fight each others. Common enemy for the worst situations like that, really need more power to counter.

Lets see....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 30, 2021 6:18 PM

Jan 2021
That was good. Hopefully the show keeps on getting better like this. But you can only go so far with below average animation..,
under”Mebius” is my salvation

Jul 30, 2021 7:21 PM

Nov 2011
Jesus this episode was garbage until the end. You had two fights that were not even animated.
Yotsuya is the best thing about this anime right now.
Keita is just trash and his addition to the anime so far seems pointless.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Fall 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jul 30, 2021 7:44 PM
Jul 2018
This season really solidifies my feeling, after watching the first season last year, that this anime is somehow really interesting to watch but somehow not very enjoyable to watch. Art direction is suspect, multiple cuts to battles messing up transitions, angles and continuity. It's just pretty shit. But the story, the character (just one) interactions with the isekai is very interesting and telling.

I find it upsetting that the other "heroes" are not willing to fight the characters (or i guess not equipped in time) to actually debate him. The story actually seems to be assuming Yotsuya is right and the "heroes" and isekai people are just allowing him to make his point, which i starting to get stale.

There has to be a real folly for Yotsuya that can actually argue his life views on his terms so we can actually see some fun. Since, I'm definitely not getting any fun watching the fight scenes.
Jul 30, 2021 8:33 PM
Jul 2021
does anyone know that beautiful soundtrack??
Jul 30, 2021 9:23 PM

Feb 2017
This episode felt like watching the 2012 Movie
Jul 30, 2021 9:31 PM
🦆👑

Jan 2020
That was a pretty beautiful song that was sung. These orcs were stronger than I initially expected

Jul 30, 2021 10:38 PM

Sep 2018
Ugh, this is so incredibly mediocre and boring, close to dropping this trash tbh...
Jul 30, 2021 11:28 PM

Oct 2016
Mega bruh for Jiffon. They were just tryna get rid of the orcs and then next thing you know they got an earthquake, volcanic eruption, tsunami and then a fucking dragon. The serious version of the idol song was great though, I really like Aoiu and Yana, glad Aoiu didn't get crushed by rubble lmao, that dude that was holding back Yana wasn't so lucky though lmao.

Yotsuya only cares about the end, not the means. If means to an end were a person, it's Yotsuya lmao. Let's see what this dragon does next episode.
Jul 31, 2021 12:04 AM
Aug 2020
Overall I enjoyed this episode. Defiantly better then last weeks. The beginning was a little week in the animation but it really picked up once the song started. One complaint I have is in how they are skipping little pieces of dialogue and story that help to flesh out character development and story themes. It's probably for screen time but it really detracts from the story.

Ahrum said:

Hamizanz said:
This season really solidifies my feeling, after watching the first season last year, that this anime is somehow really interesting to watch but somehow not very enjoyable to watch. Art direction is suspect, multiple cuts to battles messing up transitions, angles and continuity. It's just pretty shit. But the story, the character (just one) interactions with the isekai is very interesting and telling.

I find it upsetting that the other "heroes" are not willing to fight the characters (or i guess not equipped in time) to actually debate him. The story actually seems to be assuming Yotsuya is right and the "heroes" and isekai people are just allowing him to make his point, which i starting to get stale.

There has to be a real folly for Yotsuya that can actually argue his life views on his terms so we can actually see some fun. Since, I'm definitely not getting any fun watching the fight scenes.

As I said they have cut some of the dialogue between the characters that help to show case the more grey morality of the story. Losses much of the impact.
KingGarlandJul 31, 2021 12:13 AM
Jul 31, 2021 1:42 AM

Oct 2008
OMG! this time a mystical Lava Dragon!?!? that's next to impossible to deal with!
i wonder if Yotsuya will just stick to his so called "objective"!?
lolz this time the VA is Koyama Rikiya (at the end of this ep)
4/5.

Jul 31, 2021 9:17 AM
Jul 2019
Boring episode................................................................................
Aug 1, 2021 10:08 AM

Nov 2013
orcs, lava, tsunamis and now dragons? damn this is a hard day for that island lmao
also Iu is probably gone, since she revives in the sea, oh gosh
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Aug 2, 2021 5:53 AM
Mar 2021
Idk know what will MC and his party to do to finish their quest. Damn every time they have a quest, it's getting more difficult than before.

Oh i can hear Dengaku original version from Ayana Taketatsu not idol version finally lol. Really, Orc is OP af. No matter how much experience the human, once they get attacked by Orc, they will die/take more serious damage for sure. Now lava dragon???
Aug 2, 2021 10:01 PM
Dec 2020
13:23 the person that sung the song had a nice voice and the song was also pretty good. It was well done from the part when Iu says the water subsiding was a sign of a tsunami till the song ended but, the transition was very abrupt that the impact of the despair was gone. Awesome
Aug 5, 2021 7:45 AM

Jun 2016
Nice timing with the natural disasters. It's not like the heroes have enough problems already. And now there's a dragon just chilling in a volcano, alright, it's time to pack up and leave now.

Rip to that one guy that died whose name I can't remember because this show couldn't care less about him. Can't recall his voice. Did he even get any dialogue? Ah, who cares. There's no need to show his death at all. GG.

Not today soundtrack ya can't get me with emotional music during a speech that they seem to be saying almost telepathically to each other.

Aug 23, 2021 3:11 PM

Mar 2010
Ahhh listening to yuuki aoi was a pleasure.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Sep 19, 2021 10:54 AM
Jan 2018
Liked the speech and as someone said the island seems to be a metaphor for Japan
Sep 20, 2021 9:35 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Oh damn the volcano destroying the island... the situation here is really catastrophic
Oct 2, 2021 8:37 AM

Jul 2015
I'm terrible person for thinking its funny but that guy who got randomly headshotted by a volcanic rock made me laugh for some reason, reminds me of that one scene in Japan Sinks 2020.

Dec 31, 2021 9:24 PM

Dec 2014
Seriously tho, this episode doesn't make sense.

The Orc Queen mentioned that the human doesn't know how to repay debt, what the fuck does these orcs do for the prosperous of human?

They invaded the island, ate human at first although change to cow later.

Are you telling me they are protecting human from disaster or even that volcano monster? Fuck NO.

The human has been there for several hundred years and survived multiple disaster as mentioned. So the orcs don't actually do anything to help human AT ALL.

Of course if human can survived several hundred years that must also including survived from the volcano monster.

Is the author stupid or what? The episode is full of plothole.
Signature removed. Check your inbox

More topics from this board

Poll: » 100-man no Inochi no Ue ni Ore wa Tatteiru 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2021

47 by PedroKarim64 »»
Sep 8, 1:16 AM

Poll: » 100-man no Inochi no Ue ni Ore wa Tatteiru 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2021

34 by HHD1996 »»
Feb 20, 1:26 AM

Poll: » 100-man no Inochi no Ue ni Ore wa Tatteiru 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2021

65 by bpleshek »»
Jan 1, 7:19 PM

Poll: » 100-man no Inochi no Ue ni Ore wa Tatteiru 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2021

41 by DebiPS »»
Dec 21, 2023 5:09 PM

Poll: » 100-man no Inochi no Ue ni Ore wa Tatteiru 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2021

75 by dhell26 »»
Oct 5, 2023 7:17 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.