Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Peach Boy Riverside
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 16, 2021 2:13 AM

May 2021
this anime is a clusterfuck and i love it, this was so inconsequential to what happened to the past episode hahahh

Jul 16, 2021 2:18 AM
Jan 2017
Is this anime like the Momotaro and his animal friends Dog, Monkey and Pheasant from the usual folklore, will we see the monkey and pheasant? And it seems like they are diverging quite a bit from the lesson you get out of Momotaro where working together can make the impossible happen but at this point MC 1 slash enemy, plop enemy ded. But its interesting to see how Frau will play a part in the story since in the Chinese astrology rabbit is the opposite of Pheasant(JP)/Rooster(CN) and the one that was tamed with food was Frau instead of the usual dog, monkey or pheasant. Interesting story, me like.
Hhhmmmmmm.......
Jul 16, 2021 3:00 AM

Oct 2018
in the beginning, i thought we miss something because the desstruction of the town in the last episode is not mentionned and we had directly a tournament. but we had something on it at the end of this episode by Sumeragi

Sally is really pretty in her outfit ❤️
Jul 16, 2021 3:19 AM

Nov 2013
Is the director a big troll? What's with the ludicrous pacing?????????????
Jul 16, 2021 4:29 AM
May 2021
Just from casual browsing, I am getting the impression that Western audiences are really disliking that the episodes are being released out of chronological order.
Personally, it wasn't a big problem with the first two episodes, but this latest episode is really jarring so I am putting it on hold until I can binge watch it in the proper order.
Jul 16, 2021 5:07 AM

Jun 2016
very intersting story and action incoming
Jul 16, 2021 10:01 AM
Nov 2020
For those who adhere to the 3-episode rule, are you going to keep watching this or will you drop it? Why?
Jul 16, 2021 11:39 AM

Mar 2019
the anime is good but seems a bit confusing at the moment cause of the mess with episode order

Jul 16, 2021 2:07 PM

Mar 2018
I like the art style but do we really need three lolis, a trap and a furry? Why couldn’t the hot purple haired one stay an adult 😭
Jul 16, 2021 5:54 PM
Pancake

Feb 2014
Came to the forum the second I got confused, I knew it was already out of order from the start but now it truly feels out of order. Still interested to see how it goes despite being very lost...
Jul 16, 2021 5:59 PM

Jun 2021
I really love this anime, all the characters are so good

But the order of the chapters are fine? Im really confused

I will read the manga tho, i like the story and all the characters

Jucerino is so cute btw

and Sally the Queen <3
Jul 16, 2021 9:01 PM
Aug 2018
Jucerino is adorable, but I am very surprised that he was behind the destruction of the hawthorn empire, although I believe it was instigated by the sumeragi
Jul 16, 2021 9:55 PM
Jan 2017
Confusing asf while being interesting, going to move to the manga and watch this later on
Jul 17, 2021 3:47 AM

Aug 2017
didn't even watch this 'cause of what people are saying about the time jumping. gonna wait until the whole show's done airing and watch the episodes in the order the story's actually supposed to be in instead of the mess this director's going with.
Jul 17, 2021 4:13 AM
Oct 2020
This episode really skipped a lot of chap but still it's getting interesting..can't wait for the next ep
Wait there's always manga
Blah blah blah blah .... So annoying. Are you bastards in heat or something?
- Sakata gintoki
Jul 17, 2021 5:48 AM

Jun 2010
I felt like I missed an episode and had to check the episode number. This show is a real mess and leaves me more confused the more I watch it. Lack of backstory for anything is hurting it for me.

Jul 17, 2021 12:06 PM

Jun 2014
After last episode's ending, this one starting off on a completely unrelated note was definitely odd. As expected a lot of stuff was skipped. Not everything has to air in a scrambled order, the director should have just kept it the same as the manga 🤦‍♂️
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Jul 17, 2021 3:58 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
I’m pretty disappointed in hearing they skipped so much manga content this episode, it did feel a bit odd they barely mentioned the city getting destroyed and how Sally happened to run into Mikoto this soon. I really felt the first two episodes were very solid but this one isn’t looking too good. That aside, I did enjoy the episode, we got insight on the side of the Ogres, and introduced to a lot of new characters. Sumeragi is definitely not to be trusted, hopefully Sally picks Mikoto over him, and Juselino was very cute, reminds me of Rika from Higurashi.
Jul 17, 2021 4:35 PM
🦆👑

Jan 2020
The chronological ordering is really started to get to me. I have no idea what's going on anymore and it's not the good kind of feeling.

I didn't really like this much but oh well, I'm interested in how the rest of the series will play out

Jul 17, 2021 9:41 PM

Oct 2017
Well, this show was promising...
"Your sins shall be paid with blood!" ~Cadis Etrama Di Raizel
Jul 17, 2021 10:43 PM
Apr 2020
This whole decision to air episodes in a seemingly random order actually pisses me off.

Was looking forward to watching this series, but if they don't know how to count to 10, I'ma head out.

All they've done is confuse the shit out of people. Completely idiotic decision, and whoever made it should get fired.
Jul 18, 2021 11:27 PM

Dec 2016
I'm utterly confused XD
Just when the episode started I was like “What the heck is going on....?” I felt like I skipped 2 episodes or something.

So, which episode is it supposed to be chronologically?

It would've been better if they at least did an introduction of that sister tagging along with Mikoto.

Good that Sally has a change of clothes. This one is better than the previous one.

More heart conversation...it's weird if you watch this after Edens Zero.

Imagine this thing actually walked instead of teleporting after saying that 🗿

I can understand most of you all not liking this, I too think this order is messing everything up but I think this is what makes it pretty interesting. It kinda falls under “so badly done that I'm curious how it'll continue” though it's not really badly done, everything is fine in terms of animation and story. They just messed up the sequence of episodes. I think if they went with the correct order it would've been really boring and generic that I might've dropped it.
Rickydory123Jul 18, 2021 11:39 PM
Jul 19, 2021 7:20 AM
Oct 2020
Yes I too would be torn between someone I've seemingly known for a long time and a complete stranger wearing a priests robe, who happens to be a part of a race that wants the destruction of humans. Tbh I don't really enjoy forced dilemmas like that.
Jul 19, 2021 8:49 AM

Dec 2012
Between the shitty episode airing order, the overall quality of the show and the idiotic "dilemma" at the end of this episode.. It's time to call upon the 'three episode rule'
Jul 20, 2021 3:36 PM
Aug 2018
-Gin-san- said:
Honestly, if you haven't read the manga, it'd feel like they skipped an episode or something. I understand they wanting to have the broadcast order being different from the chronological one, but honestly it's a bad choice considering that most people watching this haven't read the manga. It would have been better that they stick to the chronological order and give us an ending with cliffhangers. At least we'd still anticipate for a second season and I know I'd be happier with it being that way. Nonetheless, it was another good but confusing episode overall.

Yeah plus not seeing the character development happen of the ogre girl all of a sudden not hating humans is weird. I have no idea what to think of these characters that there's apparently been developments in that I have no idea what they are. It's not fun to watch like this.
Jul 21, 2021 11:34 PM

Oct 2015
Peach Boy Riverside TV has SHUFFLED timeline order.
In D Anime Store site, the series is broadcasted in correct order.
My source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AakEwXMxG0

It's not like they TV won't broadcast the missing episodes, but... yeah, this is indeed very confusing.
Monogatari series, we can enjoy it even though there are so many inserted stories between previous releases.
Princess Principal, the "Case Number" wasn't in order, but the series is still pretty solid and enjoyable as a show.

My conclusion: Maybe they wanted to have people visit the site and pay for the correct order, and the target audience is mainly Japanese.
AsakaraYorutoJul 21, 2021 11:42 PM
Jul 22, 2021 8:24 AM

Jul 2017
AsakaraYoruto said:
Peach Boy Riverside TV has SHUFFLED timeline order.
In D Anime Store site, the series is broadcasted in correct order.
My source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AakEwXMxG0

It's not like they TV won't broadcast the missing episodes, but... yeah, this is indeed very confusing.
Monogatari series, we can enjoy it even though there are so many inserted stories between previous releases.
Princess Principal, the "Case Number" wasn't in order, but the series is still pretty solid and enjoyable as a show.

My conclusion: Maybe they wanted to have people visit the site and pay for the correct order, and the target audience is mainly Japanese.
Thanks for the info, was trying to dive deep into the anime production side of things.

I can understand Haruhi, Monogatari or even Princess Principal doing this manner because the replayability is high for a shuffled order. But this show doing this MAKES ZERO SENSE at all.

Your answer guess is as good as mine.
Sep 24, 2021 6:34 AM

Jul 2015
Juselino seems like a fun little kid ...with terrifying powers. Curious to see what sinister plot Sumeragi is brewing knowing tht he isn't particularly helping the humans nor ogres

Feb 4, 2022 3:19 PM
May 2020
sally is in quite the conundrum
Jul 27, 2022 5:48 AM

Jun 2021
Poor Hawthorn. Not even his companions care :D

Um, what kind of timeskip are we looking at, here?! They just rescued her and she's already changing that much?!! Kind of sad to see that ogre world seems to basically be: be strong,
kill the weak, to the point that nothing else even occurs to them. Actually, I guess not that surprising :P

I wonder how the ogre would react if she saw Mikoto again.

How ridiculously mouthy and entitled. Eats him out of all his money and thinks he should be grateful for it xD
Sister Millia's got some moves :O
Lul wat. What, Mikoto is out collecting ogre lolis now..

What the heck is up with these ogre females xD
Wow. How quickly he reduced their influence to a fraction of its former strength. They'll be wiped out in short order if they don't figure something out.
Interesting gathering of ogres. All grunts with the generic ogre look, with the strongest among them having a unique look. Priest-ish and old sawtooth gentleman.
Not just lolis, but shotas, too. Ok, author.
I had Sumeragi pegged as the mastermind baddie, but is he actually a good-ish guy?! Either that or it's plots in plots.
Yup, he da baddie.

Good thing she's the god of masks, or asking strange men to pick her up would be dangerous xD This should be hilarious.
Look at this guy over here, flicking and lecturing loli gods. Better be careful, or she's going to make him her pet.
Sumeragi, you sick sadist :p

Meh, don't pick either. One dude is incredibly shady, and the other has chosen the path of hatred. That's a lose/lose. Well, except for the females he strips of powers and collects :p

Weird episode. I feel like they skipped a whole lot of development, and/or are jamming a lot of stuff together.
Aug 16, 2022 12:08 PM
Jun 2022
End of Episode 2: HUGE life shattering shocker, character motivations are unclear, mysteries are set up, one character in particular is traumatized.

Start of Episode 3: We are in a tournament now. Different City, different time. All Trauma is resolved. No explanation whatsoever. Events of last episode are mentioned in one passing sentence.
Sep 16, 2023 5:37 PM

Dec 2022
Is the word "neither" in Sally's vocabulary? Might be an additional answer to that question she asked herself :P

╔⏤═⏤╝ ╚⏤═⏤╗
Shaded Horizon

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» If you watch this anime in 5he chronological order its actually good!

Yassob - Sep 28, 2021

17 by chaosnetwork »»
Sep 5, 9:02 PM

Poll: » Peach Boy Riverside Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2021

51 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 16, 2023 7:04 PM

Poll: » Peach Boy Riverside Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2021

38 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 16, 2023 6:34 PM

Poll: » Peach Boy Riverside Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2021

38 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 16, 2023 6:03 PM

Poll: » Peach Boy Riverside Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 5, 2021

29 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 16, 2023 4:56 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.