Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 26, 2020 8:31 AM
Oct 2019
They really think the viewers are fcking horny boy huh???
The midcard, also the bathing scene again... Unnecessary fucking fanservice, i can watch hentai if i want anime tiddies...

I knew it was a bad idea to have the Boss finale fight only last for 10 min... It gives nothing special at all...
Very Anti Climatic..

And also The Ultra Huge, they just one shot it... LMAO

They really tried to create a deep story when it just not working...
I think the other problem is when you have too many characters and doesn't have enough time for character development...

The Animation on the finale not that special at all, i believe there is one episode that have better Sakuga Animation than this... Why you don't spend the budget on the finale??? Why?

Music was great OP and ED song, that's the best thing i like..
not something that i will rewatch again.
Tbh I'm interested to this anime just because of SHAFT, but it wasn't fullfil my expectation at all..
Overall Mediocre 5/10
Dec 26, 2020 4:12 PM
Jan 2017
Assault Lily comes to an end with yet another fine episode! Riri, Yuyu and all the Lilies must come together for one big showdown at the school grounds, and I have to say, it was a lot of fun watching all the characters work together in order to perform their final attack. Still, I think that the battle at the school feels like the climax of the episode and the mission to destroy the ultra-class Huge felt like some sort of epilogue. At no point did I feel that Riri or Yuyu were in danger; for me, it felt like yet another day at the office for the Lilies.

Aside from a few bumps on the road, Assault Lily was a lot of fun. It had excellent battles, interesting characters and beautiful music. Since Asssault Lily is a multimedia franchise, I don't know if we're gonna get a second season, but I sure hope so because this episode left the possibility open for a continuation. Until then, we will always have this one season, with its stories and characters to entertain us. Thank you, Assault Lily, may your legacy endure forever.
Dec 26, 2020 4:53 PM

Jul 2015
Very enjoyable watch with a likeable cast (Kaede one of the best girls this year for sure), consistently good episodes, some good action and why lie, some hella good fanservice too. Definitely surpassed my expectations.

Would love to see a second season of it, also looking forward to the game coming out in less than a month.
Dec 26, 2020 6:39 PM
Jan 2020
Starts off great...flies off the rails with a Mary Sue loli and then goes nowhere. Gives off that vibe of being nothing but a giant advertisement.

MadVandalDec 26, 2020 7:33 PM
Dec 26, 2020 9:18 PM
Dec 2018
salarx said:
Vaineeeeee said:
Too many plot holes. 5/10

Care to explain any? I didn't find an obvious one.

The most obvious one is probably the story itself. 50 years ago, Robotic monster or what we call HUGE appeared out of nowhere.
We never learn about more about them like why did they appear?.
Dec 26, 2020 9:35 PM
Oct 2019
davidyodo24 said:
Unnecessary fucking fanservice

What is a "necessary fanservice"?"
Dec 26, 2020 10:31 PM
Dec 2018
Vaineeeeee said:
salarx said:

Care to explain any? I didn't find an obvious one.

The most obvious one is probably the story itself. 50 years ago, Robotic monster or what we call HUGE appeared out of nowhere.

That's not a plot hole. It's a plot point not explained yet. There's a difference. They could be aliens, or creatures living deep inside the oceans, we don't know. That might be explained in further seasons or the game that's going to launch.
Dec 27, 2020 5:06 AM
Oct 2019
False_Mirror said:
davidyodo24 said:
Unnecessary fucking fanservice

What is a "necessary fanservice"?"

At the right time...
Dec 27, 2020 5:37 AM
Sep 2020
The final battle really impressed me, but yea, it's Shaft after all. They're my favorite animation studio. (and that's the reason why i watched this show). It's good for a conclusion. But for overall story, it's not that interesting. But it didn't disappoint me bcs i expect nothing for the story. I think it's just a fanservice for the fans of assault lily franchise. And idk why i enjoy this show so much. This one of the anime that i watched it till the end of the season beside jujutsu kaisen lol. And i dropped so many anime this season.

6.9/10 for me bcs why not?
Dec 27, 2020 8:33 AM

Feb 2015
Even though my score will only be 6/10, I just wanted to compliment this show for its beautiful animation and the great soundtrack (I enjoyed the op and all ed's a lot) :)
The story and characters were just okay imo, I even started to get bored before Yuri was introduced.
I enjoyed the show and I'm glad I watched it, but it's also not amazing.
There's no possible way you can steal my heart

I want to drown in this sweet Melancholy
Dec 27, 2020 8:39 AM
Jul 2018
Felt good to watch in many ways.
That end scenes were priceless hahaha
Dec 27, 2020 8:40 AM
Jul 2018
A nice work from SHAFT as expected.
Story might not be the best of the best but animation and the rest were just on point.
Dec 27, 2020 9:18 AM

Aug 2018
Nice episode and the last scene is huge yuri tease.

AL is solid 6/10. I'm disappointed with Lily as mix media series, because we have to consume gacha games and some obscure-to-get stage plays to know what happens next
Dec 27, 2020 11:10 AM
Aug 2015
Death_spork said:
some obscure-to-get stage plays to know what happens next

Well you can find the two stage plays online quite easily (I found them on bilibili but I'm sure it's in other places), and there will be free streams of the two plays next month on the 11th and 12th
Dec 27, 2020 3:22 PM

Feb 2014
I liked the 1st half more.

I have mixed feelings here. It´s my cup of tea yet I just wish it wasn´t this ok-ish at the end.

Still, of course, I enjoyed the yuri moments and also nice fanservice haha ^.^
Dec 28, 2020 8:35 AM
Dec 2018
salarx said:
Vaineeeeee said:

That's not a plot hole. It's a plot point not explained yet. There's a difference. They could be aliens, or creatures living deep inside the oceans, we don't know. That might be explained in further seasons or the game that's going to launch.

Nah I would not watch any more season of this shit. and also I never heard there's a game coming
Dec 28, 2020 4:47 PM

Oct 2011
The show did start promising and it does have really nice animation and music but i did not enjoy it as much in the end. I did finish it but as a personal opinion i can not give it more then a 5/10 ( rather a 5.5 if it was possible) . but if they do make a s2 i would still try to give it a change and watch it.
Dec 29, 2020 11:12 AM
Jan 2016
the anime was ok tho, at least it deserves to be at 7. Dont understand why ppl rate it at 6 and below. Not every anime is an ufotable type of anime tho
Dec 30, 2020 5:25 PM

Jul 2020
Guardiola and Cappa would be proud of this episode. Tiki-taka, intense pressure, precise passes constructed by the whole team... AMAZING

Also nice ending. I don´t think there will be a Season 2 but... you can´t leave an error Dainsleif activated in the sea and expect nothing. Maybe...
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Check my latest web novel on Our Greatest Comeback🦊⛩️ and please drop a like or comment if you liked it!
Dec 31, 2020 2:51 AM

Jul 2009
For some reason, I was expecting someone to die...yeah, I got used to the dark magical girls thing.
Also, we got a marriage that was not Yuyu + Ruri? And of a couple we never saw any hints!!! Moyu and Guropi deserved some spot light
Dec 31, 2020 9:40 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Well, that was quite the (unexpected) heavy action for the finale.

Almost like an intense handball game there with that special technique en masse xD.

Studio Shaft's animation and artistic direction have been top-notch since the very first minute of Episode 1 and I'm pleased to say that my thoughts are unchanged, or rather more positive if anything, in the end now. Also, the thighs and fan-service were great too!

I'm afraid to say however that the show was fairly poor for me though. As such, I'm stuck between a 5/10 or a 6/10 at the moment. For one thing, it was fun though so I'm leaning towards the generous 6/10 in 5.5/10...

Well, whatever the case, I'm still looking forward to more new content from the wonderful folks over at Shaft. About time for an update or two on Magia Record 2, no?
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Dec 31, 2020 7:02 PM

Jul 2017
The new Strike Witches series looks just fine tbh, oh, wrong show.

Well, wth Shaft, was basically my reaction after watching this show called Thighs The Animation. And in all honesty, i just couldn't get invested on this buuut, not a bad show, that's for sure. I've just seen similar concepts done well before and the characters didn't exactly catch my attention either.

6/10
Dec 31, 2020 7:38 PM

Mar 2009
What was up with the very end? That orb? I think it was some kind of orb? What was that? I was confused.

It was an okay show. Had some stellar animation at times. And the OP was a banger.
Jan 3, 2021 8:16 AM

Mar 2020
this had such a great animation, direction and music

this is when the compliments end

the story was so bad I'm not gonna waste my time on it

yuri-thrown in our face every second-can't save this one, no matter how thicc my goggles are
Jan 3, 2021 12:12 PM

May 2015
This was a really enjoyable watch. It was totally cliched yeah but it was enjoyable regardless. Ive seen enough anime like this that Im not that bothered seeing cliched plots.

Now what I did love about this anime in particular was how self aware it was with the yuri. The main pairing name, the name of the school, the name of the power girls Lily. All of it is just so self aware I love it XD.

This is definitely the prettiest looking yuri anime we've had yet. Shaft really raised the bar for yuri anime in terms of looks and in terms of just giving us what we want, the lesbians being lesbians XD. I really hope this encourages more studios to give yuri a try and make some more yuri anime with high production.

This is definitely one of the more re-watchable yuri anime out there. Not many of them are proper re-watchable but this was quite nice. I could see myself re-watching this. It was really nice watching this cause for a while now I havent been watching much anime, especially new anime, so watching Talentless Nana and then this its been really refreshing to have some new good anime. (Cause you know, once you reach 950+ anime watched it gets really hard to find new anime lol)
DarknessRealityJan 3, 2021 12:15 PM
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 4, 2021 3:50 PM

Dec 2016
it's only me or they squeezed two episodes into one?
As if there was no reason for skeleton to lay on the beach, only if studio planned at the bagining to fight that monster and to was killed there.
Also those sudden jump cuts after defeating first monster.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.106/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.185/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.104/? - weekly) | Machi and Oboro (Ch.13/? - biweekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.76/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Jan 6, 2021 12:05 AM

Jan 2019
I liked the show... until this ending. I was hoping for something involving Misuzu, but I guess that storyline was for nothing. In the end, we just have to end up taking Riri at her word.

The show was fun to watch, but overall this series kinda felt like it was a waste of time. It neither did the epic humanity vs. monsters nor the overcoming past trauma and moving on plots well.

I'm disappointed in myself that I'm actually offended at this ending. 5/10
Jan 10, 2021 6:22 PM

Feb 2011
The ending was FIRE. So happy i picked this up.
Thick ass anime girls with weapons

The bonds were great, the story was good, enemies were detailed, characters were well rounded.

9/10

Jan 11, 2021 9:14 PM

Apr 2014
in the end did i like the series yes but as i said before the main pair was just annoying most of the time especially Riri

also them killing off Yuri am still mad about that she was great to have in the series

anyway i still liked the series to say the least just certain things that was annoying but i just wish certain things was just done better

with that said sure i would like a season 2 if possible but who knows if that'll ever happen hell i even wanted to see more of the other schools so that alone could be used for a seaosn 2 and more

till then im looking forward to the mobile game and seeing what they'll do with the story and such pretty sure just like Toji no Miko the mobile game will be a LOT better in terms of everything

yet i would still like more anime of this series but guess will have to wait and see what happens
"one step at a time"
Jan 12, 2021 5:28 PM

Nov 2009
This was a fairly nice series, loved the random Yuri moments, lol. (and some character's personality is very loveable)

Tho a lot of things feels like "rushed" that could have a longer or better story.

Such as "Yuri" (character), pretty much only here for a short time before she dies... we never got to see her full potential and character development.

And maybe Lily's academic/ training/ daily life at school... the only major school activity we got was that festival, no other events shown.

Also, that end with the Ultra-Huge was disappointing TBH... felt like they could have a better battle than just a "I STAB HIM, THE END"...

Especially somehow the Ultra-Huge's actually "Organic" as we see that huge skeleton on the beach... which is suppose to be under the ocean where they killed it?... how the hell did it get washed up thousands of miles away from shore?

Personally I would rate this in 2 parts. 9/10 for character and setting, 6/10 for story and plot.
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jan 17, 2021 4:44 AM
Apr 2019
Good animation, nice girls, average plot.
Feb 15, 2021 2:12 PM

Jan 2008
I absolutely loved it. Yeah, I know, I'm very late to the party. But I am very glad I watched this. Loved the characters, loved the animation. Story was nothing special, but the characters carried it. Don't know who I love more though: Gropi or Tazusa.

There's only one thing I did not understand: what the hell are their uniforms made of? In episode 1, Yuyu used the ribbon to make a weapon and stab the Huge. Riri used a button as a flashbang. And now they used two uniforms to make a sphere. What the hell IS that stuff?

Anyway, 9/10 for me. Hope to see more.
Feb 20, 2021 11:07 AM

Jul 2015
Usually I'm not into yuri shows but this one was suprisingly good. The story itself felt pretty generic where not much is known about the monsters called Huge but the gorgeous animation together with the adorable slice-of-life moments really carried the series in my opinion (especially dem thicc thighs).

Apr 18, 2021 8:23 PM

Jul 2013
As a fan of mecha/magic/military/shoujo-ai/yuri etc.....I really liked this!
The visuals, voice actresses, and music were so good!

I really do miss yuri :(
But other than that, I hope there will be a 2nd season to this!
I see a lot of potential in this, as they can have new characters, or new character development, or enhanced skills, or new Huge will appear from new places etc. (Kinda like how 'Strike Witches' have many seasons/movies)
Jun 13, 2021 2:27 PM
Aug 2013
Good god this was absolutely awful.

There were about 20 girls in this show and I couldn't care for any of them. It failed as an action show, as there were only 2 major fights in the whole thing. I was begging for the girls to do something, but they kept conversing about how their magical abilities worked, and had useless practice fights like beating up a Tachikoma in episode 8. This show was obsessed with explaining the intricacies of their magical abilities, when in the end, it was absolutely irrelevant. Who cares when all the Huge seem to be destroyed in one attack anyway?

While I was seeing the final fight, I realized that this was just a souped-up version of Skelter Heaven. A bunch of girls with superweapons who fly around to take out an almost-immobile target that didn't communicate. I gave Skelter Heaven a 2. The reason why Skelter Heaven is a 2 and not a 1 is because it's only 1 episode, and you can watch it with friends for a good laugh at the ineptitude. This is also why I gave Ex-Arm and Hand Shakers a 2, but Glasslip a 1. Ex-Arm and Hand Shakers have camp value, but Glasslip doesn't. Some shows are just so bad that they're worth watching to see how low anime can go.

So Assault Lily is worse than Ex-Arm and Hand Shakers, because at least those had more than 2 fight scenes. I felt it was even worse than Skelter Heaven. You have to sit through 12 episodes of trash instead of 1. You can't trick your friends into watching it with you because the show is "boring bad" instead of amusingly bad. The technobabble was sleep-inducing, and it was irrelevant anyway when both big enemies were destroyed in one sword swing once their shields collapsed. There was some lame excuse about how only the main characters out of the masses of girls at the academy could engage the final Huge.

The last team action show I saw that had 20+ girls in it was Schoolgirl Strikers. That was an awful show (I also gave it a 2), but at the very least, it had a final boss. Having enemies with no personality like the Huge only works if there's a strong story that acts as a catalyst, like the Vertex monsters in Yuki Yuna is a Hero. Otherwise, it robs viewers of an actual villain character. This should have around the same score as Schoolgirl Strikers, but people fell for the high production value and yuri vibes.

I honestly can't find a redeeming quality about this show other than the animation. What the hell happened, Shaft? 1/10
GippyJun 13, 2021 2:46 PM
Jun 23, 2021 2:14 AM

Apr 2011
Average ending on a average show but its okay. Some fight scenes have good animation.

It was fun watching cute girls with stockings and thighs fight big alien baddies.

Riri is my fave but all are cute nonetheless.
Jun 25, 2021 2:43 AM

Feb 2020
Really satisfying finale. Jealous Kaede was hilarious again. Poor girl.

Moyu and Guropi got married? xD That was adorable. <3

Overall, this was a great combination of action, moe, yuri, and drama. Much better than I expected.

SerafosMar 26, 11:19 PM
Jul 1, 2021 3:57 AM
Jan 2021
シーズン2を作れますか?それならひとつやなぎ百合を生き返らせたいのですが、正直なところ、ひとつやなぎ百合は3話しか出てこないので満足できません。ひとつやなぎゆりを見たいので助けてください
Aug 16, 2021 1:45 PM
Aug 2021
When you know about AZone's toy line up and the Ludvico plays before the anime was a thing

I don't care what people say cus you know we all needed a new magical yuri anime and Assault Lily BOUQUET did it!!
I definitely enjoyed Alfheim and Moyu at the end
Amazing side characters besides Hitotsuyanagi Squad
Hopefully Season 2 shows more of Hervarar and Gran Epel!!
8.5/10
Sep 5, 2021 2:04 AM

Mar 2013
Whatever anyone says, I love this Series, Story, Art Styles, BGMs. I actually cried a little of how wonderful true friendship could be in this story. Though I am a bit sad for the other supporting characters that didn't much do anything like Araya. Maybe a 2nd season would be nice that would focus on the other groups/legions (or maybe not, honestly if they made a full 2 season with the supporting characters between Riri's group, this would've been great).

Kaede is always cute with her delusional yuri mind.

Overall, this was a masterpiece for me and it should get better for another season. This story is wasted on a 12 episode, if it were 24-26 that also encompasses the other supporting characters, this would've been very well received.
CrazyButNot4USep 5, 2021 2:13 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Sep 18, 2021 2:24 PM

Feb 2021
The story was unapologetically convoluted for what felt like no good reason, with a payoff that felt fleeting and forgettable.

The cast was huge (pun intended), leaving no room for much character growth & development in a 12 episode series.

The animations during the battles were fun, but everything else around it suffered for it. The budget felt like it was heavily invested into those several fight scenes. They were very well animated though, no doubt.

The art grew on me. Shaft really are no joke, hell of a studio. The world had a relatively basic design, without too many different locales. But the characters were cute, the color palette was spot on, and the consistency between the art and animation was solid.

The yuri had its ups and downs. It felt like bait, but I came to appreciate the sincerity of it through the show's emphasis on symbolizing it via the plot. Made me think of Strawberry Panic vibes. So not bait, but rather, meaningful appreciation for each other. It was heartwarming in that respect. Kaede was probably the best character in the show, even though Yuyu and Riri had the most development, if you can even call it that.
The ending with that marriage and final group photo laying down on the grass was awesome. Thi Mai-san cradling her 2 kouhais was especially nice. She can't just settle for 1, let her be.

WITH THAT SAID, the soundtrack (both the OP and ED) were so stellar I added the playlist to my Spotify account. Amazing tracks.

I'm torn between a 6 and 7. Will sit on a 6 for now unless I change my mind later. The story was so hard to follow with barely any explanation of the Magie, the backstory and all that of the Huge. Too many side characters and simply slapping their names on the screen for 2 seconds while I'm trying to follow subtitles of actual conversations isn't going to make me remember all their names.
Anyway, I wholeheartedly ship Yuyu x Riri all day.
Aug 22, 2022 11:11 AM

Feb 2020
Good ending and great final battle.

Beautiful eyecatchers.

Yuru and Riri flying with the umbrella was cool.

Lol at that scene where they were only wearing undies. Those reactions. x3

Hilarious newspapers scoops. Moyu and Miriam got married? Aww, they look so cute together! <3

Poor Kaede. She deserves so much better. I hope one day she'll find one someone who loves her back. <3

Sleep well, sweethearts. :3

SerafosMar 26, 11:18 PM
Sep 1, 2022 2:18 AM

Feb 2014
Kinda underwhelming battles at the end, but I'm glad there's a happy ending

Overall I liked the show. Battle animations were overall great, and I liked the music too. I feel like the contrast between the silly scenes and battles kinda made it feel like tghe show was a bit confused on what direction it was trying too go in, but it wasn't bad per se. Overall it wasn't amazing, I feel like it had more potential, but it wasn't bad either. 7-8/10!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Assault Lily: Bouquet Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2020

92 by Kira9204 »»
Jun 2, 12:28 PM

Poll: » Assault Lily: Bouquet Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2020

73 by Nanashi »»
Feb 5, 10:56 AM

Poll: » Assault Lily: Bouquet Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2020

46 by damoInstinct »»
Oct 9, 2023 10:39 PM

Poll: » Assault Lily: Bouquet Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2020

53 by damoInstinct »»
Oct 2, 2023 8:51 AM

Poll: » Assault Lily: Bouquet Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2020

53 by Foreall908 »»
Sep 9, 2023 1:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.