Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 24, 2020 8:36 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Finale aired 20 minutes earlier than usual
https://twitter.com/assaultlily_pj/status/1339080338417467392

A desperate and tough fight or Ruri this episode. Against all odds, she doesn't give up and we got a huge fight for the final episode. Glad to see all the main cast getting some screen time into the action. The soundtrack used during the episode also made impact. Ruri and Yuyu combo attack together was dope! Also, that hand holding.

It's an entertaining anime overall imo. There's also a game for this franchise.
Dec 24, 2020 8:37 AM

Mar 2019
Broadcast delayed on TBS, began at 25:08 JST
Intense final fight going on, Yuyu is unleashing the power of the cursed charm. She's going all out. Every lily is fighting, that was a good musical scene.
She's playing flipper with the magisphere.
It was terrible to watch, they are always fighting for no reason, mixed with useless drama, they should study more. The mains are all too weak and give up for any stupid reason, it is the kind of things I hate the most, I had lots of troubles with my coworkers because of this. Of course it ends with a hot springs scene, more fanservice of course, I should really tru to work with my laptop on a buoy when Im bathing though. Also what was that underwear scen in the end, was it really necessary ? Same for this kiss scene, all this fanservice is only made to distract people from their jobs.
this is exactly what it looks like under my desk, this isnt safe at all.
Wow there was a Mary Poppins scene, it was visually interesting.
Stop drinking tea, real workers drink coffee.

I prefer watching this than celebrating christmas, even if I hate the anime Im still better than in my family, I still bought foie gras just because of gooses.
Dec 24, 2020 8:38 AM

Jul 2017
The final Huge, of which Yuyu has the most trouble with: her Rare Skill "Lunatic Trancer" CHARM synchronization, especially with Misuzu's shadow lurking behind her every step.

Even with Riri has the sole capable fighter, Yuyu wielding Misuzu's Dainsleif clears the Huge's barrier to ignite everyone's CHARMs, getting their Magie back for the finale push as a school altogether (especially both Schutzengel and Schild working together in harmony, with the other members of the Hitosuyanagi Team). What a battle, and falling back to fanservice, because you girls have worked extremely hard to succeed.

To finally close this chapter, a final and dangerous mission for both Riri and Yuyu to use Misuzu's Dainsleif, albeit fitted with a bug to neutralize the ultra-class Huge's effect. To put the icing on the cake, an extra step of fanservice unclothed down to their underwear (of all things, for visuals). THAT LOOK ON YOUR JEALOUS FACE, KAEDE...LOVING IT.

A decent-to-good Yuri show...though another show next in-line (after the TV broadcast) exists a better one.
KANLen09Dec 25, 2020 5:46 AM
Dec 24, 2020 8:50 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
That whole final fight and final conclusion were ok but nothing too impressive, at least they have their somewhat happy ending which was cute, but well for the show overall it wasn't really good for the story and characters, but quite saved by Shaft's direction.
Dec 24, 2020 8:51 AM

Apr 2020
Both the action of the battle scene and the lily were impressedp with very high quality, and thee world view and settings were also interesting.

I really like Kaede's reaction when she saw Yuyu and Riri together and only wearing a bra

Guropi looks so cute
Dec 24, 2020 9:46 AM

Jul 2015
I really hate it when anime tries desperately to be what it is clearly not.
It tries so hard to tell some kind of story, but the harder it tries the worse it looks.
Loli was introduced only to forge vague bond with Mary Sue-chan, only to be killed off for character development, but writers clearly forgot that since she is a Mary Sue, she is already perfect and has no room for character development, making whole Yuri character completely pointless waste of screentime.
This series would work out much better as generic CGDCT shoujo-ai, but this is just bad.

And the worst thing is that despite whole series taking place literally on the beach, we did not even had a proper beach episode.

I am disappointed, SHAFT. We are no longer on speaking terms.

Dec 24, 2020 9:47 AM

Apr 2010
Well it's over and it was an ok anime.
Tho way to much happened in this episode alone it would have been better to spread it over 2 or 3 episodes.
With all the things they needed to fight, with this pace it made the episode feel mediocre.

Still Yuyu and Riri made i nice bond together which was nice to see.
Dec 24, 2020 9:51 AM

Jul 2015
[quote=Piromysl message=61493574]I really hate it when anime tries desperately to be what it is clearly not. This is the very reason why SAO receives so much hate and here this issue is present as well.
It tries so hard to tell some kind of story deep story about internal conflict or something, but the harder it tries the worse it looks.
For example, loli was introduced only to forge vague bond with Mary Sue-chan, only to be killed off for character development, but writers clearly forgot that since she is a Mary Sue, she is already perfect and has no room for character development, making whole Yuri character completely pointless waste of screentime. Also, as I mentioned before, this series is a literal carbon copy of Symphogear, where two main heroines are literally identical.
This series would work out much better as generic CGDCT shoujo-ai, but this is just bad. Huge barely play any role and are only used to forcibly push story forward.
Untill they appear once per few episodes, you have to deal with endless thightshots, ojousamas sipping tea and girls bathing literally in towels. It was repetitive and for boring very fast.

And the worst thing is that despite whole series taking place literally on the beach, we did not even had a proper beach episode.

I am disappointed, SHAFT. We are no longer on speaking terms.

Dec 24, 2020 7:09 PM
Mar 2019
That was disappointing
Dec 25, 2020 3:27 AM

Oct 2007
Kaede jealous reaction best part of the episode for me. :>

Yuri come back a little.. almost brought tears to my eye. ;_;

gonna miss this show. No more weekly Riri legion.

would have wanted to see more of Andou.

8/10

sharing Assault Lily page of my Dengeki G magazine.

there is also a free poster that came with it. @_@

the poster. Had to stand on a chair to take a photo of it.

Liddo-kunDec 25, 2020 6:23 AM
Dec 25, 2020 5:32 AM

Dec 2010
This was terrible. To think it was one of my most hyped shows at the start of the season. 5/10
Dec 25, 2020 5:39 AM

Jun 2012
DarkDooM2 said:
This was terrible. To think it was one of my most hyped shows at the start of the season. 5/10

Agreed. I was constantly waiting for some kind of massive plot twist but here we are at the final episode. The sub-plots seemed more interesting, too bad they where never fully explored.
Dec 25, 2020 5:57 AM

Apr 2014
The ending is pretty ok. Everyone joined forces together and Yuyu uses Dainsleif as expect. The battle results are also expectable. The onsen bathing scene is also good and a bit surprised.

Overall the girls are cute. Kaede jealous always the best part. Kaede, Yujia, Shenlin are the best girls.
何それ?意味分かんない
Dec 25, 2020 6:12 AM

Sep 2019
It was an okay ending to an okay show. I would’ve probably rate it
below 3/10 if not for the girls and shaft’s great animation.

Firstly, I loved the girls. Miriam and Yuri were my favorite girls, everyone else was cute too. The thighs in Assault Lily: Bouquet were one of the best thighs that I’ve ever seen in an anime. I loved the yuri moments between Yuyu and Riri, they were so cute. The animation, visuals and soundtracks were beautiful. The plot sucked but I wasn’t watching this for the plot anyways.

It would’ve been 7/10 if they hadn’t killed Yuri but they did.

6/10
Dec 25, 2020 6:28 AM

Jul 2017
The final battle is cool, especially the combine attack, but they finished it too early, not even at half an episode yet, the pacing is so terrible.

Cute girls and they are good characters in general, a swordgirls series is always another plus to my eyes. I had a high hopes for it before its airing so it's kinda disappointing that it feels lackluster at many parts.

6.5/10
Dec 25, 2020 6:30 AM

Feb 2020
This anime has some good animation and cute girls, but the plot is just ok.
Overall 6/10.
Dec 25, 2020 6:38 AM

Jun 2017
I really loved this hence my biased 7/10 score but it's like everything literally "just existed" and no actual story was told. We had a nice world setup with good characters but it went nowhere. From a pure fanservice point it was excellent though.

The way it ended we probably won't see another season ever. :/
Dec 25, 2020 6:46 AM

Oct 2017
The final neunwelt attack and all the lilies were part of it, that was cool af. Yuyu and Riri killed the nest huge using the Dainslef, now Dainslef sleeps under the ocean. Bathing fanservice was really good and the yuri bait scenes were sweet.

I came to see cute girls and I got to watch cute girls so no complains from me. Most of the girls were really cute and ofc the thighs were heavenly. Also lets not forget charms, these weapons were cool af. Decent anime overall, liked it and enjoyed it quite a lot.
Dec 25, 2020 7:10 AM

Jun 2019
Well, a nice ending to the anime. Started with low expectations but it didn't disappoint me that much. It was not great but not horrible either. Noice.
Dec 25, 2020 7:15 AM

Sep 2019
Pretty cool episode to end the anime. Thr combo attack was cool and hotspring ecchi was sweet. Fun anime, I loved the girls.
Dec 25, 2020 7:27 AM

Jan 2014
I'm laughing because of those midcard visuals. They know what their fans want lol. Not sure if I'd want a season two if it'd be the same like this, unless it was built more around the past few episodes. First season being more to meet cast, then second to go full ham with plot and twists.
Dec 25, 2020 7:40 AM
Oct 2015
The fight scene was awesome and the quality of the animation was top notch. But the episode was disorienting to figure out what the heck was happening and the pacing was all over the place. Wasted climax... Oh well, I still loved characters.
Dec 25, 2020 7:43 AM

Jul 2015
It was an OK anime, but not something I would watch again.

The doll manufacturer probably wanted to play safe and avoid killing more lilies to avoid a sales hit. They missed a big chance to make a tragic ending.

Dec 25, 2020 8:24 AM

Sep 2020
A S2 would be very nice.
I'll miss the ending song.

Dec 25, 2020 8:38 AM
Jul 2018
It's finally over!! Kinda lackluster ending for the final boss kill, with some bs in that boss fight in the first half. While it may be interesting to explore more about the lore/backstory regarding the Huge (especially with how the Altara Class Huge have a skeletal structure and all that), I hope a second season does not happen. Can't stand another season with this same level of story writing...
Dec 25, 2020 9:02 AM

Aug 2013
That was an ok episode. Tbh, it would have been better if there was one more episode since a lot has happened in this one. Just my opinion. :P

Kaede's jealous reaction was the best part of the episode for me. I love that girl. XD

Dec 25, 2020 10:15 AM

Mar 2020
Well everyone chipped in to help defeat the huge even if it meant breaking their own charms.

Classic jealous Kaede xD, never gets old!

This show showed it's quality animation and great thigh shots however everything was average.

Final score 5.8/10 > 6/10
Dec 25, 2020 10:54 AM

Feb 2020
That final fight was pretty well done. The whole school pretty much ganged up on that final boss. Music on point as well, liked it.

Overall, a pretty good series. Good storyline with Yuyu and Riri, though sadly we didn't see too much from the other characters. Music pretty well done, and animation good as expected by Shaft.
Dec 25, 2020 10:57 AM

Feb 2019
Idc what anyone says, that final fight sequence with all the girls helping out was awesome. The final 10 mins did feel a bit rushed with them trying to wrap up everything including destroying the HUGE nest, but I still liked it. Yuri visiting Riri was a nice touch and fitting conclusion to her arc.

Then Yuyu finally accepting how Mizuzu felt about her. All in all I loved assault Lily and it’s definitely one of my fave SHAFT shows. Was it a critical masterpiece? Probably not. Would I change anything about it ? Nope. Enjoyed it a lot. 10 from me
Dec 25, 2020 11:48 AM

Dec 2013
Gonna miss tights friday and I guess with this and Adachi it was Yuri friday too, the animation for action scenes was cool, a colorful show and my favorite Ending song of the season, RIP Yuri.
Dec 25, 2020 1:50 PM

Feb 2014
My dosage of thighs has come to an end now. =(

Still, the final episode was good. A bit rushed with the conclusion, but I still liked how all the lilies worked together to take down the Huge, before Yuyu and Riri was sent down to defeat the resting monster Huge underneath the ocean, using the Dainsleif CHARM to finish it off.

We did get treated to a bit of fanservice, though. Yuyu and Riri undid their bow ties on their uniform, which activated a bubble which protected them from harm when the big Huge blew up. On the downside for them, that did mean they were both in only their underwear, which when they were rescued, it did leave a certain Kaede seething in jealousy. XD

Overall, this series was a decently good ride. While the story stuttered a bit and the colossal size of the cast made it hard to remember most of them, at least everyone from Riri's group was fun in their own right. Same goes for Moyu, who played a good role in the whole story.

Another upside to this series was the quality of the animation. SHAFT did a great job here, with most of the fights having a nice and smooth feel to it, with Riri's fight against Moyu's Huge beta being one of the best animated fights this year. The 3D CGI also deserves some praise, as that was used really well in almost every fight.

Overall, I would rate this series around a 6.5 or a 7/10. I had fun with this series. =3
Dec 25, 2020 2:09 PM

Jun 2015
Im going to miss my thicc thighs girls. Felt it rushed through the ending sequence, not a complaint but its a shame anime shows cant break the mould of tv seasons and if need be get to play an extra eps or two. OVAs etc beside the point. If covid demonstrated anything, no one has issues with shows bleeding into other seasons and will still be watched and screw the calendars. Create, watch, consume regardless of eps number!

Anyway, xmas rant over, been a very enjoyably show and nice to see Yuri exists within some potential other worldly state which might even allow her return! Damn, season 2 thicc thighs net promoter here!!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Dec 25, 2020 2:56 PM

Apr 2015
Action packed finale episode.

That Neunwelt Tactic was done to perfection, not only was it executed by Riri's legion, every other Lily around managed to help them deliver that magisphere to Riri & Yuyu. That was some epic stuff.

That scene with the parasol was very Mary Poppins like. Made me laugh a little. Kaede's reaction for seeing Riri & Yuyu pop out of that bubble with just their underwear on was priceless. Kaede's jealous never gets old.

Overall a really fun series, no shortage of fanservice scenes and thigh shots. Action scenes were great, with great use of 3D CGI and great animation overall. OP is an absolute banger and it's been on repeat for a while now.

Only downsides are the huge cast of characters with too little episodes to get to know them properly and the fact that they killed of Yuri. I am still sad about that. Story was pretty generic but honestly don't mind that so much these days. Nevertheless, this is a little biased 8/10 from me, simply cause of the many thighs and bath scenes!

Now I need to find an album of all the mid point arts, those were great!
Dec 25, 2020 3:30 PM

Feb 2019
What a completely uninspired wreck of a cash grab this was, fucking hell. The first half of the show was mediocre, but tolerable. The last half, Christ, was it insufferable.

Imagine, just imagine the mental hoops one would have to jump through to justify rating this as high as 7, much less some of the scores I'm seeing mentioned in this thread. It's the worst show I've watched this season and I watched slideshow Rail Romanesque, exactly because the latter didn't have anything going for it and owned the fact that it was just an ad, while Assault Lily should've, in theory, at least been mediocre. Even then, it was a prime example of every terrible writing practice even teens are taught in school to not follow. No budget is going to save something with such piss-poor script and directing.

The worst, at least to me, isn't that the staff were appalling in their jobs, but rather that they came across as lazy, like they didn't care about anything in this show but fulfilling the contract and selling a product. This was the last nail in the coffin for me, along with all the jarring writing decisions and lazy directing. But I guess if you just slap some cute girls with thick thighs and yuri innuendos on top of your dreadful burnt cake you just let overcook in the oven because you knew it only needed to look nice and not edible, people will eat it regardless and praise it for how tasty it was while asking for another slice.
KosmonautDec 25, 2020 3:39 PM
Dec 25, 2020 4:27 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Okay. That was fast. That catching ball tactic was unexpected. But, to be surprised, they directly attack the nest after that! Well, that was i called fast. But, its already made a sense, with everything that goes on. Riri rare skill became the highest among the others, its even surpassed Misuzu charisma, and completely shutting down that ultra class huge, forever. At the end, everything should just be done by the op pink haired loli, Riri.

Such a shame, Yuri just appeared briefly, at Riri dream. However, oh well, its fine. At least the real yuri hype was pretty close already mentioned with the under sea scene between Yuyu and Riri. Its pretty intensed, even though, yeah, kinda, censored. Lol. Okay, but after that, Miriam got married? Well, that was beyond my expectations. Congratulations for the pledge! Kaede just kept clinging to Riri, no shame from her! Then, 'the end' sign. Sigh, okay, its confirmed.

So, with everything happened, i have a difficulty to decided the overall scores. While in fact, the main stories apparently still on point, by destroying the nest, the introduction of every characters felt shallowed, with no deep at every characters. I don't see anything good behind their interactions, except, ofc the main couple, Riri and Yuri. However, i am still enjoying every thigh they had, until the last touch. Dang design xd. So, at the end, its really biased judging by a certain conditions.
Story: 7
Art animation: 8
Sounds, ost: 9
Characters: 5
Enjoyment: 9
I call this one at my 8/10.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Dec 25, 2020 5:07 PM

Sep 2020
Well, I love the main fighting scene where all Lilies unite for the magie, the appearance of Yuri (i miss her :( )and that "hidden kiss" between Yuyu and Riri when they popped their dress to serve as zorb ball, i love that easter egg,ufff.
Aside from those, nothing extra ordinary, like when they are underwater, I thought a major fight will take place but naahh. Anyway, as always, kinda sad that my another shoujo ai series just ended, gonna miss my best girl Kaede. gonna really miss her and her jealousy.

Good ride. Want some merch.
it’s never too late for life ... to go horribly wrong. . . afff~
Dec 25, 2020 5:42 PM

Jan 2011
shit man i'm gonna miss seeing all these cute girls and thighs each week honestly where most of my enjoyment came from till i saw how well animated at times the fights in this were it was just icing on the cake shame the final fight outside of effects wasn't nearly as impressive as the earlier stuff.

Lily was a decent watch out of all the battle yuri girls shows by production alone its miles better than most of them with a just barely serviceable story with some interesting bits of world building it could have easily gone to a darker place by the end but frankly i dont think i really wanted that also for a show main goal of selling merch i don't recommend killing a bunch of cast would help sales.

so animation/fanservice/music 9/10
characters since they were very tropey but fine and plot its like a 6/10
so a random round up to flat 7/10 easily could watch more but doubt i'd care to re watch this outside of some of the key animation scenes.

hopefully the news of more of it is something other than the gacha game
Dec 25, 2020 6:33 PM

Apr 2013
Kaede doesn't deserve this.
Dec 25, 2020 8:45 PM
Dec 2018
Too many plot holes. 5/10
Dec 25, 2020 8:55 PM

Apr 2020
Finishing up with two OK fight scenes, Assault Lily: BOUQUET has come to a close.
We see Yuri one last time as she visits Riri's dream. And coming from the underwater where the HUGE resides, Yuyu and Riri is enveloped inside a bubble having a mini-moment together.

When the other Lilies popped the bubble and saw Yuyu and Riri together only on bras and pantsus, Kaede is DAMN JEALOUS. YES! We see Moyu and Miriam pledging to each other as Schutzengel and Schild, and our Hitotsuyanagi Squad lying on the grass, positioning themselves like a BOUQUET. So that's where the title came from.

Overall, it was a fine show. The production value (made possible by Shaft) is absolutely fantastic. The OP and especially the ED are really great. And the animation is TOP-NOTCH. But the characters are not that interesting, the story and pacing is really mediocre and I didn't feel that much enjoyment from the start all the way to the end. So my score is a 6/10.

Here's my last picture of the Hitotsuyanagi Squad.
Sayonara, Assault Lily: Bouquet.

Dec 25, 2020 9:07 PM

Dec 2020
The magie sphere is such a cheap gimmick but I can't help but smile through the entire sequence every time. It's the exact right flavor of cheese for me.

Best girl Kaede jealous to the very end, lol.

This show was executed excellently. Sure, it could have been better with another cour but they did a great job with the time they had. The comedy, the drama, the fights, the references and the thighs were all on-point from start to finish and you could tell the studio had fun with it. It was never meant to be super serial. This is tied with Sleepy Princess for AOTS for me. I would love another season.
SilentCaayDec 25, 2020 9:17 PM
Dec 25, 2020 9:52 PM

Oct 2016
I am going to miss this show, the plot is meh but, the characters I really like.

I had a smile on my face when all the Yurigaoka students took part in the Neuwelt Tactic. Lmao, Moyu and Guropi just got married, you can't tell me otherwise. Yuyu and Riri welcomes you to the married squad. Story could have definitely been better but, I really enjoyed it nonetheless. I doubt that there will be a season 2, but if there is then I'll watch it. Either way I am satisfied. 8/10
Dec 25, 2020 10:06 PM

Dec 2009
Hmm, the show started hella fire, and i was hyped even though i didn't know anything about it prior. The plot went in an okay semi-expected direction, though i was kinda hoping for it to keep the yuri and thrills top notch, but it ended cute so i guess it's fine.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Dec 26, 2020 12:19 AM
Dec 2018
Vaineeeeee said:
Too many plot holes. 5/10

Care to explain any? I didn't find an obvious one.
Dec 26, 2020 1:10 AM
Sep 2016
What they should have done for EP 12: Make the last battle with the red HUGE the finale (and extend the battle duration) and completely discard the Super-Class HUGE.
This is an original anime without any source materials (AFAIK, the novel covers an entirely different, but parallel, story), so you have no excuse for any unsatisfying endings like this. The unsatisfaction, though, was felt not because the ending is incomplete, but rather because they forcibly adding materials that could easily be made into an hour long OVA (that is the Super-Class HUGE), into the last half of EP 12, and consequently cut the red HUGE battle to only a half duration.
What they did right in EP 12: The epic 30+ Lilies long Neunwelt Tactic chain! Now that's how you do a final battle scene!
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Dec 26, 2020 1:35 AM
Oct 2019
uncleqrow said:

This is an original anime without any source materials (AFAIK, the novel covers an entirely different, but parallel, story)

It's based on stage plays. With the addition of Yuri.
Dec 26, 2020 2:24 AM

Oct 2007
SJ7izm said:
Kaede doesn't deserve this.

yeah, it's badluck for her that Riri already likes Yuyu so much.
Dec 26, 2020 3:00 AM

Oct 2013
Best thing about this trainwreck was the opening. Great song.
Dec 26, 2020 5:47 AM
Dec 2020
Finally the ending ! I just wish that fight with the first huge was the climax because they made it well by involving all the cast for the attack with "Yuri" giving the final blow. But after the ultra huge defeated it's just feel so cliche ( just my opinion). But it's a great anime ovr 7/10 for me.
Dec 26, 2020 6:09 AM

Jun 2016
i love the animation so consistent since beginning to end episodes !!

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Assault Lily: Bouquet Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2020

92 by Kira9204 »»
Jun 2, 12:28 PM

Poll: » Assault Lily: Bouquet Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2020

73 by Nanashi »»
Feb 5, 10:56 AM

Poll: » Assault Lily: Bouquet Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2020

46 by damoInstinct »»
Oct 9, 2023 10:39 PM

Poll: » Assault Lily: Bouquet Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2020

53 by damoInstinct »»
Oct 2, 2023 8:51 AM

Poll: » Assault Lily: Bouquet Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2020

53 by Foreall908 »»
Sep 9, 2023 1:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.