Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fire Force
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Dec 11, 2020 4:19 PM

Apr 2020
the scary moon! love that it's in every Ookubo work ♥_____♥

it can be seen the care the studio take to get a good adaptation. and second season was way better than first1!
even with the manga up to date, just can't wait for the 3rd. maybe next summer?
Dec 11, 2020 4:32 PM

Mar 2020
Tamaki wearing a gi was nice to see. Shinra and Arthur's training is tiring but it shows results.
The death of one of the brigade captains made everyone tense and this moon in the end was pretty crazy.
"I don't want to achieve anything, I just think that the person who has the greatest freedom in the ocean is the king of pirates." - Monkey D. Luffy.
"There is no one better than me when it comes to ending the expectations of others." - Natsuki Subaru
Dec 11, 2020 5:20 PM
Nov 2017
The ending of the ep was like a trailer for season three I think is going to be final season.
The animation was obviously great and the sound too.
I believe that the third season will be on fire.
I hope we don't wait long for it.
Dec 11, 2020 7:11 PM
Feb 2018
the ending was a cliffhanger

Was that a Soul Eater Reference at the very end?

Anyway, I hope they announce a third season soon

Dec 11, 2020 7:20 PM

Oct 2017
Loved the finale SEASON 3 PLZZZ
Dec 11, 2020 7:27 PM
Mar 2015
Shina can now see death and his own origin
Dec 11, 2020 7:48 PM
Jan 2020
that opening sure hyped me...i hope it gets 3rd season(well that see u later thingy makes me positive about 3rd season D) and was that the soul eater reference at the end..never watched the show but that moon is sth from soul eater(do i need to watch soul eater for fire force now....)
Dec 11, 2020 8:08 PM

May 2019
Overall I thought the pacing, plot, art and characterisation were all turned up a notch this season, rather than focusing too heavily on tone and atmosphere as was indicated in season 1. Enjoyed this much more than I thought I would, particularly the individual character arcs.

8/10

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Dec 11, 2020 8:26 PM
Apr 2018
ARTHUR & SHINRA : What is... the purpose of this...?!

- 02:35 "Captain SHINMON, what is the purpose of that?"
- 22:31 Captain OBI : The enemy is a mighty one. There is still much we don't know. But we have friends we can rely on and allies who will stand with us. Now is the time to muster all of our strength to take down the white-clad!

"See you later"
Dec 11, 2020 8:29 PM
Mar 2019
Imma fire force head but David did a really good job with this season overall 9/10
Dec 11, 2020 8:32 PM

Nov 2016
That was the most boring 3 min last episode I've ever watched, pretty bad, they keep with the same characters than the last season, yet no one of them was even a little developed, such a shame, the story was great, but wow the characters killing everything interesting with their stupidity turns off the whole show, not even a single one of the main team has even died, and they have 3 that are powerless, and 1 that has powers but doesn't use them, my fuckin god and wtf are the villains even doing, turning a kid into a killing machine that can kill them too, the whole fight was pointless, the same goes for showing us how some soldiers can't even take the most trash of the trash enemies that even the hentai-neko can beat. For real, the 2 season were a fuckin joke, how the fuck does Arthur keep thinking that way without any consequence and how can they be so proud to call it a power up, for god's sake.

As bad as last season's, plot holes everywhere, the main plot wasn't even touched this season, with that being Shinra searching for his lost brother, who went again into a stupid mode in just 5 secs of the last episode xd.
Dec 11, 2020 9:27 PM

Mar 2008
So is the Evangelist a Kishin? They are just going to show off the Soul Eater moon and just end the season...Sure, that's fine.

Good to have some power-ups being worked on since that will undoubtedly come in handy. Things are also getting pretty darn serious with that assassination. Good thing Konro was taken somewhat lightly and didn't have that assassin coming for him.
Dec 11, 2020 10:18 PM

Jul 2016
"Captain Hague's death was cataloged as suicide due to his masochism." I know I shouldn't have laughed but damn, can't believe this was taken as something official xD

Well, that sure was a long ass power-up introduction. Considering the title for this last episode, I was totally expecting Shinra to go full berserk like the time when he got possessed by the first Hashira but guess I was wrong. Anyways, in the end both him and Arthur managed to reach a new state of flames by consciously (kinda) activating their survival instincts so if a third season is announced anytime soon, I would be rather interested to see how things will go once they meet the Evangelist's followers again.

And so, this second season of Fire Force comes to its conclusion. Overall, definitely better than its first season but still nowhere near as impressive as someone might think. As for me, I'm particularly glad the Shaft-like direction was tossed away in order to have events being executed in a more dynamic way.
Animation and art direction remained as strong as always and the new mysteries introduced in the first few episodes truly caught my interest with Chinese Peninsula Arc and the episodes focused on Joker and Viktor being easily the highlights of this entire season in my opinion. Such a shame the show lost steam during the second cour tho. While Nataku's arc was somewhat decent, the 8th.'s new visit to the Nether with the 2nd. tagging along was extremely underwhelming to watch.
By the way, it was also a bit of a shame the issue with Shinra's mother still being "alive" but in Infernal state was never addressed during the current season.

5/10 - That Soul Eater reference at the end tho. So... what if the dimension the Evangelist comes from is just the universe of Maka and co.?
Dec 12, 2020 1:44 AM

Sep 2018
Overall, a good follow up from season two. I'm enjoying this sort of pacing. 8/10
Dec 12, 2020 2:02 AM

Feb 2016
Boring AF!! Season 2 is a disappointment
Dec 12, 2020 2:07 AM

Feb 2020
I wanted Shinra to show Benimaru his true Devil form. He did that Devil Smile tho but meh...

Using 1st season's opening, in the end, was a good move.

Looking forward to Season 3

brenantejapan said:

that moon face in the ending reminds me of soul eater tho

Yeah :D
Dec 12, 2020 2:58 AM

Jul 2016
KANLen09 said:

Memento Mori, French for "The Pressure of Death."

Memento mori is actually Latin, not French

the moms of the people who remove signatures are hœs
discord: Jotaakuu#8878

Dec 12, 2020 3:36 AM
Nov 2020
This has been a fantastic season. Loved how it ended w/ Benimaru's tortures lol.
Dec 12, 2020 4:21 AM

Aug 2019
I don’t know what it is about this show, I really want to give it higher than a 6 but every time I’m actually watching an episode I find myself just looking at the time left in the episode almost like watching this is a chore. Well regardless I’m glad they played Inferno as the ED because that is an amazing song, also what the fuck was the meaning of the Soul Eater moon? I know these two shows have the same creator but that isn’t just a small cameo anymore.
Dec 12, 2020 4:24 AM

Oct 2016
Great end to the season, there's definitely going to be a season 3. Maybe in 2022? or the fall of next year again. I think I like this season more than the first definitely. I am going to start reading the manga, I am honestly surprised I managed to hold off on it until this season finished.

Great episode, that whole hysterical strength training was hype as fuck. I did not expect captain Hauge to die this episode at all but, RIP you masochistic captain. It's all out war now with the Evangelists let's fucking go season 3.
Dec 12, 2020 4:36 AM

Dec 2019
This season was pretty slow, had its ups and downs but I still enjoyed it, really hope they come with a banger next season.
Dec 12, 2020 4:45 AM
Mar 2019
Hi

Any indicious of season 3?

i think if possible because in Japan its famous
Dec 12, 2020 6:00 AM

Oct 2018
Gorochu said:
Manga readers, which chapter should I start reading?
Gorochu said:

If you want to read what is after this episode, it's the chapter 175 :)
Dec 12, 2020 6:22 AM
Dec 2020
Alvaritoterreos said:
That was the most boring 3 min last episode I've ever watched, pretty bad, they keep with the same characters than the last season, yet no one of them was even a little developed, such a shame, the story was great, but wow the characters killing everything interesting with their stupidity turns off the whole show, not even a single one of the main team has even died, and they have 3 that are powerless, and 1 that has powers but doesn't use them, my fuckin god and wtf are the villains even doing, turning a kid into a killing machine that can kill them too, the whole fight was pointless, the same goes for showing us how some soldiers can't even take the most trash of the trash enemies that even the hentai-neko can beat. For real, the 2 season were a fuckin joke, how the fuck does Arthur keep thinking that way without any consequence and how can they be so proud to call it a power up, for god's sake.

As bad as last season's, plot holes everywhere, the main plot wasn't even touched this season, with that being Shinra searching for his lost brother, who went again into a stupid mode in just 5 secs of the last episode xd.

Are you even saw the episode? You said it was 3 minutes no episode was 3 minutes every episode is at least a good 19 minutes without counting the freaking intro and endings.

The rest of your statement fails flat you claimed there was no character building then what was that thing with joker , nataku , maki , tamaki and juggernaut?

If i were to make a wild guess i would say that i doubt you watched any episode fully at best you saw clip moments in youtube and came here pulling out an opinion that is half-ass.

Freedom of speech and right in internet is ok but i think you overusing that right by sprouting an opinion based on 2 or 3 minutes from a 19 minutes episode which makes your opinion totally weightless not only because of this but because you claimed that we had no character development of fleshing out in general in this season.

I want to give you an advice stop getting drunk before watching animes because apparently you watched this while you were so drunk you do not even had a clue to what you watched.
ArashiyamajurotaDec 12, 2020 6:38 AM
Dec 12, 2020 6:36 AM
Dec 2020
SouthRzVa said:
"Captain Hague's death was cataloged as suicide due to his masochism." I know I shouldn't have laughed but damn, can't believe this was taken as something official xD

Well, that sure was a long ass power-up introduction. Considering the title for this last episode, I was totally expecting Shinra to go full berserk like the time when he got possessed by the first Hashira but guess I was wrong. Anyways, in the end both him and Arthur managed to reach a new state of flames by consciously (kinda) activating their survival instincts so if a third season is announced anytime soon, I would be rather interested to see how things will go once they meet the Evangelist's followers again.

And so, this second season of Fire Force comes to its conclusion. Overall, definitely better than its first season but still nowhere near as impressive as someone might think. As for me, I'm particularly glad the Shaft-like direction was tossed away in order to have events being executed in a more dynamic way.
Animation and art direction remained as strong as always and the new mysteries introduced in the first few episodes truly caught my interest with Chinese Peninsula Arc and the episodes focused on Joker and Viktor being easily the highlights of this entire season in my opinion. Such a shame the show lost steam during the second cour tho. While Nataku's arc was somewhat decent, the 8th.'s new visit to the Nether with the 2nd. tagging along was extremely underwhelming to watch.
By the way, it was also a bit of a shame the issue with Shinra's mother still being "alive" but in Infernal state was never addressed during the current season.

5/10 - That Soul Eater reference at the end tho. So... what if the dimension the Evangelist comes from is just the universe of Maka and co.?

For me action-wise the best arc i believe it was the nataky arc by far then 2nd best was the netherworld 2.0 arc but when we talk about characterization i would say that perhaps netherworld 2.0 arc is the best because tamaki resolve , maki got progression by voicing her opinion to her parents and brother, juggernaught conquered his fear for the flames.

The most interesting arc though perhaps it would be the peninsulla arc and best characters arc i would give to the joker arc because yeah that backstory and his motives were really what cut out of it even though action wise it was the 3rd or 4th best amongs the arcs of this season.
ArashiyamajurotaDec 12, 2020 6:48 AM
Dec 12, 2020 6:39 AM
Dec 2020
AnthonyLuffy said:
Gorochu said:
Gorochu said:

If you want to read what is after this episode, it's the chapter 175 :)

What i like is they made such a good job in this season in comparison to the previous season that he really won't need to read the season2 chapters because they have been adapted really well.
Dec 12, 2020 6:43 AM
Mar 2020
bit of a weird episode, but glad we seemingly will get more.
Dec 12, 2020 7:02 AM
Apr 2019
It's still 8/10 for me even though I'm still waiting for
Guess that I have to wait season 3.
Dec 12, 2020 7:19 AM
Oct 2019
The animation for the whole ''Pressure of Death'' thing was really good. The White Clad are planning something big and Yona looks disgusting. The end gave me chills.

Now we wait for S3, It is not confirmed yet but with the whole ''See you later'' + The cliffhanger i am pretty sure we will get it. Also nice Soul Eater moon reference at the end.
Life is not daijoubu
Dec 12, 2020 7:44 AM

May 2018
ok I really liked this episode. Lol the laughing moon from Soul Eater is back
Dec 12, 2020 9:28 AM

Apr 2015
Benimaru and his antics. Became even better when he said that "training is starting now", while Shinra and Arthur already knocked down pretty much.

That moon at the end though, nostalgic AF.

Good season, some really interesting developments here and there. Animation still top notch. Overall I think S2 was missing something from S1 and I can't really place what it is. Charon, Benimaru and Joker are the stars this season for me. Especially Charon, he grew on me a lot.

7/10, hope to see a 3rd Season announcement soon!!
Dec 12, 2020 11:21 AM

Mar 2017
That was a great finale; it perfectly closed off Shinra and the rest of the Fire Force's evolution over this past season and set up nicely for a season 3 I'm so hyped now that the Fire Force has united together... season 3 will be so awesome, especially now that Arthur & Shinra can use Hysterical Strength Of a Fire Scene!

What was that after the credits?! Was that a hint that Fire Force and Soul Eater actually take place in the same universe? I wonder if there will be a direct link at some point. Would be awesome if there is!
Dec 12, 2020 1:21 PM

May 2015
This season had better and worse episodes, but overall i like this show. Solid 7.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Dec 12, 2020 3:03 PM
Nov 2016
I just wish there wasn't that last scene. I mean I know Haumea is just crazy but...
Dec 12, 2020 4:01 PM

Dec 2016
geewadda said:
I just wish there wasn't that last scene. I mean I know Haumea is just crazy but...

Also it seams Charon will get redemption arc because of his doubts.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.106/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.185/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.104/? - weekly) | Machi and Oboro (Ch.13/? - biweekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.76/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Dec 12, 2020 4:23 PM
Mar 2020
Who else peeped the ad "pelican fanclub new single" 2020.11.25 at 21:34? I thought that was a nice touch haha
Dec 12, 2020 5:27 PM

Apr 2020
That's the end for Fire Force S2. Pretty good although I'll give it the same score as S1 with a 7/10. Benimaru trained Shinra and Arthur really hardcore this week so that Shinra will activate his Hysterical Strength.

And with Shinra and Arthur pushing themselves to the very limit, they might be stronger now than before. The 6th's Captain was actually scarred by treating Shinra before due to his different fire. That's why he kinda avoided Lt. Konro leaving Hibana curious.

And damn the Captain of the 4th's death was so brutal, somewhat creepy I may add. Because of this, all companies may unite in the future to battle the White Clads. Ay is that Matsuoka voicing a character? Alright!

I was actually happy that they used Inferno for the ending, really brought back some nostalgic feeling. And even though it is just as good as the first, we actually got more questions than answers this season tbh.

Lastly, what's up with that Soul Eater moon at the end. Damn creepy there, is this a crossover or just a reference?
Dec 12, 2020 8:41 PM
Nov 2016
Nieznajomy43 said:
geewadda said:

Also it seams Charon will get redemption arc because of his doubts.

lol yeah you can't afford to act normal among that crazy bunch.
I also suspect Arrow will too.
Dec 12, 2020 8:47 PM

Jan 2013
There's no way this will end like this! OMG! Is the white-clad really going to attack/destroy Amaterasu? It seemed like the final arc.

RIP Capt.Hague.

Now i can't wait to see Shinra and Arthur with those flames! That will be fun xD

We've definitely come a long way since the 1st episode, now they have everyone on their side. I do hope they announce a 3rd season, we gotta see the end of this epic adventure!
This season overall was amazing! Not sure if better than the last one but i absolutely loved it. Btw using the 1st OP was definitely the best idea, such a great way to end the season!
Giving this a solid 9/10, since the 10/10 will be for the last season ;)

P.S - Pleaseeee announce season 3!!!
AivanKDec 12, 2020 8:52 PM
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Dec 12, 2020 9:21 PM
Nov 2018
shinra and arthur got that powerup, looks super sick! overall i enjoyed the story more than season 1 and this season made me a believer in the show. hopefully we get more seasons in the future
Dec 13, 2020 2:16 AM
Apr 2020
They ended the season using OP1!

Whoa! That gold bender is so OP! RIP Captain Hague.

Blue flame! Nice power up! Nice build up episode for the next season. Looks like next season will surely be lit!

See you later!

Dec 13, 2020 4:09 AM

Nov 2016
Arashiyamajurota said:
Alvaritoterreos said:

Are you even saw the episode? You said it was 3 minutes no episode was 3 minutes every episode is at least a good 19 minutes without counting the freaking intro and endings.

The rest of your statement fails flat you claimed there was no character building then what was that thing with joker , nataku , maki , tamaki and juggernaut?

If i were to make a wild guess i would say that i doubt you watched any episode fully at best you saw clip moments in youtube and came here pulling out an opinion that is half-ass.

Freedom of speech and right in internet is ok but i think you overusing that right by sprouting an opinion based on 2 or 3 minutes from a 19 minutes episode which makes your opinion totally weightless not only because of this but because you claimed that we had no character development of fleshing out in general in this season.

I want to give you an advice stop getting drunk before watching animes because apparently you watched this while you were so drunk you do not even had a clue to what you watched.

The first part of what you said is true, I didn't watch the episode at all, watched only the parts where Shinra, Arthur or Tamaki weren't on screen, since I have proved that whenever they are on screen is dumb time and 0 progress for the story.
And I've actually watched all the episodes besides this one and yes the 24 mins of each one. Even tho Tamaki and Maki did have some character development it was pretty much worthless (at least for now), highly doubt that Tamaki with the new power up can do anything against the new enemies, and Maki didn't get anything at all, plus her whole family was a joke.

With Joker ... they used him for 2 episodes and nowhere to be seen again, kinda a joke too, what's the point of his backstory if he isn't going to appear more, he didn't anything impressive either, he killed a new guy that no one but him cared about. Nothing new to the plot. Since in those episodes he wasn't the one adding things to it.

Nataku did have the worst development possible, the conlussion to his personality was a fuckin joke, the same for the whole fight that happened there.

Juggernaut didn't have any character development other than "omg I like tamaki" "omg my potatos", that's it, every single time he was on screen something like that happened.

The only good things this anime had where the openings/endings and the fights because of the animation. But story wise, this anime sucks.
Dec 13, 2020 5:04 AM

Jan 2019
Amazing anime, absolutely loved it, it had its slow moment with some average episodes but the action, animation and plot all made up for it. That S1 opening as a farewell really hit in the feelings. Cant wait for season 3, im gonna start reading the manga !
Dec 13, 2020 7:52 AM

Oct 2017
Good episode to end season 2.

RIP Captain Hague. Loved seeing shinras training animated.
Dec 13, 2020 9:08 AM

Mar 2019
Soul Eater Moon at end? Could it be that fire force is actually a sequel to soul Eater?
Dec 13, 2020 10:05 AM

Dec 2016
In the end they finally got the answer for “What's the purpose of all this??”

Now I want an OVA where Konro is giving this hellish training to Beni XD

If the white clad is after everyone who has the stigma then they'll be after joker too...but why do they want to kill the ones with stigma?

They played the 1st OP at the end, that was slightly nostalgic.

Anyway, can't wait for season 3. I hope it doesn't take a long break and comes out sooner.
Dec 13, 2020 11:11 AM

Apr 2019
It's good to hear Inferno again, and imo, it beats out all of S2's OPs

We got some pretty badass fights this season, as well a good amount of character development for the characters. So all things considered, I thought it was a pretty good season.

Looking forward to Season 3, whenever that may be lol.
Dec 13, 2020 3:51 PM

Jul 2017
Man, Arthur and Shinra went through some hellish training there! And they managed to awaken a new power, really looking forward to see it being developed further if we manage to get another season!

Overall, another fiery season indeed! More action packed fights, more info on the Adola Bursts, the Evangelist and more character development, though, i still ask myself wth is Tamaki doing in this show xD well, not that it really takes away my enjoyment from this but it's just too much lmao. The big fight is still yet to happen, pleae, give us a 3rd season!

9/10 just like the first one ^^
Dec 13, 2020 5:40 PM

Jul 2013
nice concluding episode.

season 2 was overall great. there better be a season 3!
Dec 14, 2020 4:47 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Man, I wish the thrid season is out soon, that moon thing was so eerie and excitig too.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2020

74 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
Yesterday, 5:33 PM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2020

123 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
Yesterday, 5:43 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jul 24, 2020

117 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
Oct 6, 1:30 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2020

105 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
Oct 6, 1:23 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai: Ni no Shou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

_MushiRock11_ - Jul 3, 2020

140 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
Oct 6, 1:20 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.