Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Oct 31, 2020 6:23 PM

Aug 2018
Not gonna lie, I didn't understand anything from this Mahjong came but it was pretty entertaining. Actually it was even more epic than some Action shows I could watch by the past

However, episode 1 started at 30 days before the end of the world and now we're 13 days ahead of that event : wondering if the next episodes will slow down the pace or not.
Oct 31, 2020 6:29 PM

Apr 2015
Lelouch0202 said:
What just happened? The episode. I have no clue what Youta did, I have no idea how Mahjong is played but I guess this is not how you do it. Very entertaining though especially with the random Uno rules. xD

Youta's seiyuu did an incredible job here.

Damn Yota, refusing Tengan's advances. At least he's faithful to Izanami, so points for that.
Perfect summarize of my experience this episode!

Shame on refusing those advances though, Tengan was thirsty af!
Oct 31, 2020 6:40 PM

Jul 2020
Alright episode. Some funny moments, and I was just facepalming the entire time from the stupid rules. Still enjoyable episode
Oct 31, 2020 6:59 PM

Oct 2012
I don't think Tengan is a love interest at all. She evidently shows up in later episodes, according to the PVs and the promotional posters. Hina wants Youta to know her for something in the future. The prize money might have something to do with it too.

That aside, I do think the pacing was weird, especially towards the end of the episode. It's like they didn't know how to end it, and they slapped a high-tension scene with the chase there.

-----------------------------

Some observations:

EpicCh33seOct 31, 2020 7:02 PM
Oct 31, 2020 7:06 PM

Oct 2017
No idea what happened in this episode but it was entertaining af.
Oct 31, 2020 7:43 PM

Jun 2017
zamandzoe said:
"Weird" does not do this episode justice.
This episode was all over the place, and hardly in a good way. Apparently the motive for everything that happened was for Youta having a chance to get laid? I think? The episode doesn't make it clear until the very end.
And while I know nothing about mahjong, whatever Hina and Youta did made it more confusing to watch.

I mean, it was entertaining. It held my attention. But I'm not going to say this episode was good either.

And the worst part is he pussied out at the end....

I still don't get the whole point of this series. It seems the "end of the world" might turn out to be something interesting (if fake world theory is true) but getting there sure feels like it's just pointless filler.
Oct 31, 2020 7:57 PM
Feb 2018
it's just another episodic drama fantasy slice of life comedy anime, why is everybody overthinking?? lol just enjoy it
Oct 31, 2020 8:06 PM

Mar 2014
i would beat the crap out of the MC on the spot. this ep is only for someone who has absolutely no knowledge about mahjong to enjoy.
Oct 31, 2020 8:13 PM
Jun 2017
The girl wants some INFINITE RICHII... hahaha...

Love this episode and 13 days left
Oct 31, 2020 8:30 PM

Sep 2012
I don't know mahjong and so I barely understood anything.
Oct 31, 2020 8:42 PM

Jul 2016
Dude, they actually wasted an entire episode's worth in character building in a game I'm pretty sure a good portion of western audiences has barely heard of, let alone known about its rules...

Well, what else to say... terrible episode and probably the worst one I have watched this season so far. No matter how hard they tried to make it look entertaining by adding flashy effects and forced character outbursts, this episode's narrative was just plain stupid and all over the place.
Oct 31, 2020 8:44 PM
Feb 2020
This is getting more and more confusing
Oct 31, 2020 9:05 PM
Dec 2019
Why this anime is so predictable? Its always the "mc get fucked" in the end...
Oct 31, 2020 9:35 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
ButtSlapper said:
i would beat the crap out of the MC on the spot. this ep is only for someone who has absolutely no knowledge about mahjong to enjoy.
Yeah after watching/reading the whole Akagi/Tetsuya/Saki it's impossible to enjoy this episode lol
Oct 31, 2020 10:10 PM
Feb 2018
There it is. Our Typical Virgin MC.
Oct 31, 2020 10:36 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
These episode gave me a mixed feeling. The beginning already started with some intriguing information. A lot of sci-fi explanations already launched in pretty fishy way. It might be referring to some kind of a big research theory that related to why Hina appeared in the middle of Narukami's family. The reason still unknown. What kind of research still blurred. And why the company of that hacker guy really curious about the research still under developed about that. Okay, another post-poned scene, they left it with how naive Narukami passed the day at some kind of weird tournament.

Yeah, Mahjong. I don't understand this kind of game. But only one thing that surely became a massive different between them. A freestyle theme at the stricted kind of game, continued with the 'no rule' blocking to decide the pawn sequence, plus an infinity luck, then the last and important one, Hina's blessings. It made Narukami's saw a gap to launched an ultimate attack, infinite Riichi as a closurement between those intensed battles. Lmao.

Whatever i was talking there. its indeed an interesting and pretty entertain me a lot, watching their intense battle. Really, i didn't understand the whole play they had there. I hope its not getting me any false statement above xD. Okay, as the result, Narukami was supposed to had a fun. But, damn you, virgin. Narukami denied Kako's invitation, and he just wasted any potential happiness on his last summer holiday, without any good feeling at the end. Lol, sorry, its really funny xD.

But, something just feel wrong. Izanami left him. She might feel a jealousy. Then the deal with the company in the first part. I really hope some more revelations before getting into a real deal: Narukami realization, a wishes of him. Well, lets see the next again!

Ah, right, i forget to say the last one. Its 13 days left before the doom!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 31, 2020 10:45 PM

Apr 2020
Damn it this was a messy episode but I somehow loved it. We opened up with a scene with Hiroto researching about doctors and stuff, that is not connected to the story at all. Anyways, what do we got for this week...a mahjong tournament!

I never want to admit it but this anime is somehow showing off a sports side to it. We got basketball, baseball, and now we got mahjong. I don't even know mahjong and the way Yota (Hina) played the game is unintelligible to me, but it is somehow entertaining.

Because of our MC's turnaround win, we got a beautiful and sexy Kako congratulating Yota. But somehow she is actually advancing on him, which was so funny and dumb. Yota, you have yourself a gateway to nirvana land, yet you still reject it, that's a pousse move. Well 13 days to go, but that's somehow fast considering we're only a third of the way.
Oct 31, 2020 11:01 PM
Apr 2020
Another enjoyable episode. And another win thanks to Hina's advice. Youta refused to use his "infinite riichi" to get the "ultimate women," but at least Izanami looks impressed. lmao

13 DAYS UNTIL THE END OF THE WORLD.

Oct 31, 2020 11:25 PM

Jan 2013
What an interesting episode, i've never played mahjong or even know how to play but they managed to do that part in a very entertaining and funny way lmao
Now what Hina was saying makes sense, "this a waste", if the world is really going to end now then he really skipped the best opportunity in his life xD Being a teenage boy, and suddenly this girl makes your dream come true in less than a few days xD

I do hope we will see more of Kako Tengan xD That was pretty funny, and i doubt that now that she was rejected for the first time, she won't give up so easily.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Nov 1, 2020 1:01 AM

Mar 2019
Well, as a Mahjong player myself, thsi episode was just so funny to watch...laughed definitely a lot. Imaging doing something like that in real haha...

Oh boi...only 13 days left? Can't we just have a happy daily life full with playing Mahjong???
Nov 1, 2020 1:10 AM

Jun 2020
LOL was pleasantly surprised to see mahjong in this (tho that was completely butchered but had me laughing out loud lol) i know the japanese have their own version of MJ but wow that was crazy. i almost died when he yelled skip. if you have more/less than 13 tiles you can't win that round and/or will be penalised. that is nOT how yoU pLaY maHjOng this episode was literally mahjong-isekaiED lol "more tiles means more opportunities" NO.........HAHAHAHAHA the writer had a ball with this script it was hilarious

also a blank tile is not a printing error hina trollolololll

still waiting for this show to go somewhere, i really like the characters tho. so it's 13 days left - wondering how the plot is going to play out!

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Nov 1, 2020 1:12 AM

Oct 2013
tfw no milf reporter waifu to see my infinite riichi

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Nov 1, 2020 1:14 AM

Oct 2017
Honestly I have no idea what's going on because I don't know a thing about Mahjong...

And I didn't come to watch this anime knowing there would be Majang related stuff..
I mean if they are going to do random stuff each episode, at least pick a topic more people are familiar with.
I doubt most of the audience who come watching this know anything about Mahjong.

Also this episode feels like a complete filler with no development of anything...
We only got 13 episodes to complete the story no?
Ventus_SNov 1, 2020 1:19 AM
Nov 1, 2020 1:41 AM

Dec 2007
It's kinda a problem with anything Maeda Jun, he's great with throwing in SoL comedy into a serious plot, but needs alot of time for it to built up. Angel Beats and Charlotte had decent SoL stuff before the plot just crashed and burned, but this has been an absolute trainwreck thus far.

If this was the first time I'm watching his work, I would have dropped this already, and even as a fan (of his VN works anyway), my patience clinging on by a thread.
Nov 1, 2020 1:42 AM

Aug 2018
I know nothing about mahjong but I am pretty sure this made me understand it less
_______I like rocks__
Nov 1, 2020 1:28 AM
Jul 2018
Episode was pretty funny but it does feel like they just burnt two episodes for gags without anything resembling character development or plot. We’re 4 episodes in and I still feel like I have no idea what this show is actually about.
Nov 1, 2020 1:30 AM
Oct 2018
What a ridiculously hilarious episode XD
And here i thought episode 4 is gonna be about baseball again XDD
Nov 1, 2020 1:57 AM

Oct 2016
Seeing Mahjong gave me some Yakuza flashbacks, didn't understand it there and definitely didn't understand it here lmao. But, this episode was fucking hilarious though. Yota was so over the top with his original moves or I guess should I say Hina's.

Narukami baka, how could you reject Tengan. Tengan was mad horny lmao, "I want to see your infinite riichi". Though I want so see more of Tengan, I hope she becomes a supporting character.

Hmm, Hina must have something to do with the scientist mentioned in the beginning. Perhaps she's the daughter. There's definitely some technological shit going on here, and that Narukami's world being a fake world is pretty plausible.

Words I live by: "If UNO allows it, thou can do it" lmao.
Nov 1, 2020 2:38 AM

Oct 2020
I dont know the mahjong's rule but I surely think that Yota's play is not based on the standard mahjong's rule. But, it still can make me laugh from watching his play
Nov 1, 2020 3:03 AM

Nov 2013
B-b-but why.....?
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Nov 1, 2020 3:49 AM

Jul 2014
LMAO WTF with that mahjong skills Youta? XD

On another note, Izanami is my favorite from this show. She is too cute. It's sad that she left immediately tho, why?
Nov 1, 2020 5:15 AM

May 2018
The best episode of Mahjong I;ve ever seen xD let's just break all the rules and make some as up we go lolol
Nov 1, 2020 5:59 AM
Dec 2007
I'm getting a little concerned with this show. The episode was entertaining but were now at episode 4 out of 12 and I still have no idea what this is supposed to be. I think this is going to turn into a rushed mess. Jun Maeda should stay away from 12 episode shows. The SOL stuff is important to his work but I don't think he's shown that he can balance it against such a short season. I liked Angel Beats and loved charlotte, but both of them had their issues. and both of them were in a better place by episode 4 than this show is.
Nov 1, 2020 6:04 AM

Feb 2014
This episode was cringy but damn funny. Love those gags and smug faces all around. Hina is goin places wrecking havoc in her wake.XD
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Nov 1, 2020 6:46 AM

Jun 2019
An awesome episode once again. Didn't understand a single move in the game but enjoyed it for some reason. Also, that UNO shit was crazy. Also, damn...Tenga was hot.
Nov 1, 2020 7:37 AM

Jan 2018
Damn, I played Mahjong only in the Yakuza games. I thought I'd never play that devil's chess again but this episode kinda makes me interested in skimming through the rules and at least play 1 game...
Bots will probably wreck me tho cos I can't invent new moves like Narukami
Nov 1, 2020 7:44 AM
Oct 2007
The weakest episode for me unfortunately so far. Still looking forward to the next one!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 1, 2020 8:08 AM

Apr 2019
I think I'm pretty confident in saying that this episode didn't help me understand mahjong that much.

I think a good portion of the viewers watching this would've accepted Tengan's offer lol.
Hope to see more of her in later eps.

So we got 13 days left, and 8 eps to cover them. Looking forward to seeing what happens next.
Nov 1, 2020 8:53 AM
Oct 2020
Is he a con-artist or what?
Nov 1, 2020 9:23 AM
Jul 2018
I definitely didn't dislike this episode, but there are some unsettling things about this one.

This gives me the same kind of vibes that ep 00 of Haruhi "THe The Adventures of Mikuru Asahina" gave me back in the days. This wasn't nice, but I laughed because it was just unusual to see this amount of WTF in a single episode.
Nov 1, 2020 9:29 AM

Jan 2017
That ara-ara ending tho...
Nov 1, 2020 9:49 AM
ギャンブルビイ

Sep 2018
Dude should have smashed. After all the world is ending. Or is it?

Odd episode that mostly flew over my head, but that's nothing new. I still have almost no idea what the point of this anime is and I'm not honestly a big fan of the nonsensical storytelling & wacky structure, but for some reason I can't bring myself to drop it.
Nov 1, 2020 11:23 AM

Apr 2020
Like expected, not as many people know how to play mahjong. This episode is by far the funniest if you understand riichi mahjong.
Nov 1, 2020 11:48 AM

Oct 2019
This episode was so funny, I forgot this was supposed to be sad anime.
BOŽE ČUVAJ HRVATSKU
Nov 1, 2020 12:03 PM

May 2020
I was completely lost the entire episode lol. I didn't understand anything, but there were some fun moments here and there, with the highlight being the UNO joke.
"If UNO allows it, then you can do it here as well" That's my life motto from now on.
13 days and 8 episode left and no clue how/when the real plot will kick in, let's hope the pacing doesn't get ruined. I thought we'd have some clue what would happen by now. Let's just wait and see what will happen in the next episode.
Nov 1, 2020 12:11 PM

Feb 2014
"If UNO allows it, Thou may do it!" Hina "Odin" Sato - 2020

Man, if my life could be more successful with the use of the UNO reverse card, I would've abused it already! XD

Not the best episode that we've had, but it was still a really funny one at that. I don't think I've watched any anime featuring mahjong before, so even the basic rules of playing it completely flew over my head, but it was still really funny to see Yota somehow re-writing the rules with each move he made in order to win.

It just sucks that he rejected the alluring advances of Tengen, though. Most guys in his position would love to have a hot lady like her be all over him, wanting to know more about his "technique". =P

Either way, I do expect either the next episode or the one after that to shift more screentime to the on-going plot with the hacker boy and those two executives talking at the start of the episode. It'll be interesting to see how that'll fold out soon enough.
Nov 1, 2020 12:13 PM

Nov 2013
ButtSlapper said:

Yea, for real. It was probably the cringiest episode Ive seen in a while. No real world would allow fucking made up rules in an organized professional tournament. Also no real person would simultaneously be infatuated with a lady and deny romantic advances from them at the same time.

Nov 1, 2020 1:26 PM

Jul 2013
considering i know ziltch about this game, they managed to make it entertaining - i actually laughed out loud a couple times. this show is FANTASTIC at physical comedy XD

the whole sub-plot(-turned-main-plot (eventually)) is kinda lost on me right now, ngl. it's not that i dislike it or anything but my brain just isn't absorbing all the information being thrown at me. i might have to go back and re-watch the beginning of the ep tomorrow or something
Nov 1, 2020 2:03 PM

Oct 2019
A very difficult episode to follow for those of us who do not know the rules of Riichi Mahjong. The entire game sequence, which was the bulk of the episode, was almost incomprehensible to me. What I think happened was that most of Narukami's moves were illegal (since he barely understood even the basics of the game) but were misinterpreted by Kako Tengan as "bold" and "imaginative". And somehow that was supposed to be, er, funny?

I don't know the rules of Riichi Mahjong but I know that in chess and its Japanese analogue shogi that could never happen (not even in anime, I strongly doubt anyone would dare desecrate them in that way). It probably would never happen in a Riichi Mahjong game either but Narukami's "ignorance that was misinterpreted as boldness and imagination" (that and misunderstanding more generally are way overused anime tropes, as we all know) is something that could happen only in anime that think they are being funny..
Nov 1, 2020 2:12 PM
Jul 2018
I dont care what people say i fucking loved this episode it was hilarious 😂 😂😂 I honestly can’t remember last time i enjoyed watching an anime episode so much 👏👏
It has been ages
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kamisama ni Natta Hi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2020

167 by Yabasawa »»
Aug 20, 8:05 AM

Poll: » Kamisama ni Natta Hi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Dec 26, 2020

308 by AshRayKay »»
Aug 16, 10:02 PM

Poll: » Kamisama ni Natta Hi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2020

174 by Talamare »»
Jun 1, 12:30 AM

Poll: » Kamisama ni Natta Hi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2020

169 by Talamare »»
May 31, 11:24 PM

Poll: » Kamisama ni Natta Hi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2020

227 by stverc »»
May 25, 11:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.