Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 2, 2020 6:12 AM

Apr 2015
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
THAT'S where they chose to stop?? What??

Seriously, what were they thinking. Book even gave them an ideal place to end the season on the plate.
Oct 3, 2020 4:10 AM

Mar 2013
So now we have to wait for the 2nd season? It ended so abruptly lol
Oct 4, 2020 10:12 AM
Dec 2019
adeade said:
wait this series only have 10 episode?!?
Oct 4, 2020 3:27 PM

Nov 2015
I mean at least push him off the cliff first
⛥Something wicked this way comes.⛥
Oct 11, 2020 11:15 PM
Apr 2014
This was fucking stupid. What a retarded ending. Why the fuck did they waste time on LMY and GYX fighting random ass monsters... like I'd appreciate it IF THEY HAD FUCKING ANIMATED THE IMPORTANT CLIMAX AT THE END. But they didn't, which makes this whole thing stupid. Why the fuck...

Like, for real, they've spent so much time on unnecessary BS that the actual plot points got brushed aside. My man SQQ wins VA-wise and memeable faces wise, but besides that, (oh and ofc BingHe was fucking cute most of the time) they butchered this.

Disappointed. Hope Haoliners don't fuck up my TGCF.

7/10 because the actual novel is gold, the VAs for SQQ and Binghe, and the comedy was good. I want to give a 6 but that would make my fan heart ache.
Oct 29, 2020 6:55 AM

Mar 2010
Really sad it ended here. The monsters actually scared me and the sounds they make. Really hope we get another season :(
Oct 29, 2020 8:38 AM

Apr 2015
Stardew said:
Really sad it ended here. The monsters actually scared me and the sounds they make. Really hope we get another season :(

We're getting one next year.
Oct 29, 2020 9:26 AM

Apr 2010
BabyChan12 said:
This was fucking stupid. What a retarded ending. Why the fuck did they waste time on LMY and GYX fighting random ass monsters... like I'd appreciate it IF THEY HAD FUCKING ANIMATED THE IMPORTANT CLIMAX AT THE END. But they didn't, which makes this whole thing stupid. Why the fuck...

Like, for real, they've spent so much time on unnecessary BS that the actual plot points got brushed aside. My man SQQ wins VA-wise and memeable faces wise, but besides that, (oh and ofc BingHe was fucking cute most of the time) they butchered this.

7/10 because the actual novel is gold, the VAs for SQQ and Binghe, and the comedy was good. I want to give a 6 but that would make my fan heart ache.

Yeah I dont understand either whey they choose to end this season like this... I mean I saw some leaked material they animated that Endless Abyss scene but for some reason chose not to use it... Idk why tho... At least we are getting second season next year
Oct 29, 2020 9:43 AM

Apr 2015
Tekakurika said:
BabyChan12 said:

Yeah I dont understand either whey they choose to end this season like this... I mean I saw some leaked material they animated that Endless Abyss scene but for some reason chose not to use it... Idk why tho... At least we are getting second season next year

Maybe knowing they'll be getting season 2 with higher budget, they chose to work on it some more for better impact?

Or at least that would be the only acceptable explanation for mismanaging such a tailor-made (literal) cliffhanger as a season ending.
Oct 29, 2020 10:50 AM

Mar 2010
Vsegda7 said:
Stardew said:

We're getting one next year.
Ohh I didn't know that. Thank you for letting me know
Oct 29, 2020 11:28 AM

Apr 2010
Vsegda7 said:
Tekakurika said:

Maybe knowing they'll be getting season 2 with higher budget, they chose to work on it some more for better impact?

Or at least that would be the only acceptable explanation for mismanaging such a tailor-made (literal) cliffhanger as a season ending.

Idk looks pretty good to me... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNFFHVv6Alw
Not to mention that Mobei-Jun is on the cover of this seasons poster so not include him in the end is weird, its like they changed their mind somewhere in the middle of production

Nov 3, 2020 1:37 AM
Nov 2020
Cindy-Uchiha said:

BabyChan12 said:

What an anticlimactic way to end the season (T AT)

Nov 4, 2020 7:09 PM

Mar 2013
That... was the weirdest most anticlimactic ending in the world. I was expecting they at least get to the pushing like it hinted in the OP but???? They didn't????????? Instead we get a clip after the credits.
Although this is my fAVORITE mxtx novel I rated this a 7. The voices of sqq and lbh are *chef kiss* spot on and I love the banter between sqq and the system (also lqg is SOOO pretty) but MAN the pacing. They should've extended it out to 12 episodes and cut out some of the filler scenes...
I'm really hoping s2 will have more of a budget I poured so much money into the merch...
Nov 5, 2020 7:00 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Ah, finally i got to see the end of these series, with such a massive weird cliffhanger, which was looks like a cut scene. Like everyone said before these episode was just an abrupt. I don't even get the wise decision matter over these episode. Instead, to introduced a certain character and their action toward the surrounding, which was from my point of view, quite underwhelming....

After they end of the demon fights arc, everything just a complete mess. Only for SQQ comedical elements sake that made me hold my stands until the end of the series. Sorry, this is really a dissapointment from my initial thought. I am hoping a great way to end their journey. Instead, a massive cut scene at the last of their scene. Its so disturbing. Lol. Even the 3DCG looked even worst at a certain point. The dreamland arc and the rest of the episode were bad, and the end had no chance to changed my mind afterall. And I don't even care with the novel greatness. Because it might be biased me much on these so called adaptation. So, as always, my score only came from my solely satisfaction over these animation show.

6/10
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Nov 5, 2020 4:10 PM

Aug 2010
Agree with everyone that it would have been a great cliffhanger if it ended with LBH being pushed down. Oh well.
Hope season 2 will air in early 2021!!

The best part of season 1 is definitely still SQQ's VA and how beautiful SQQ is hehe.
Nov 5, 2020 5:30 PM

Jan 2020
adeade said:

I feel like that is how every episode was. Ends abruptly. I hope they do a better job in season 2.
Nov 6, 2020 3:07 AM

Jan 2017
are you kidding me? ending the season on cliffhanger? i'm in pain

i'll miss sqq, my spirit animal so badly guess i can read the novel while waiting for next season
Nov 6, 2020 4:52 AM
Jul 2018
Wow, are they serously ending it just like that...?
Nov 6, 2020 8:25 AM
May 2018
Honestly, this animation is a shit.. though i really like the novel, it's a shame

I'll give 6/10 but I'm thinking about give it a 7/10 because i like the story and characters (GONGYI XIAO I MISS HIM 。:゚(;´∩`;)゚:。)
Nov 6, 2020 3:02 PM
Nov 2016
from what I guess and heard, I think they plan on doing 12 but since the nice I mean assholes Tencent decided to give the production team no money and push them over the edge until they could not work anymore only to fire all the team later and using their hard work to make more money. yeas if you want to get angry and blame someone, blame the company called Tencent for their stupid and dick move!
I'm surprise it turns out this good with the zero budget they got , it really isn't that bad.
if only the production team would have got more time and a little more love and money from the company, I'm sure the ending would have been so much better!

but well...I hope they will bring back all the production team they fired for no good reason instead of hiring new ones for season 2.
we can't do anything about it now other than rage, I'm just happy with what we got cause you can feel the love in the production despite they work with no money and no good condition to work.
Ko-meNov 7, 2020 3:03 AM
Nov 8, 2020 11:10 PM

Mar 2014
did not expect that kind of an abrupt lame ending
Nov 9, 2020 12:07 AM
Aug 2018
The way they ended this....Maybe I will just positively think there will be Season 2.
Nov 9, 2020 1:06 AM

Apr 2015
thirteen013 said:
The way they ended this....Maybe I will just positively think there will be Season 2.

Season 2 was already announced, luckily
Nov 13, 2020 6:29 AM

Dec 2016
The last two episodes truly weren't to my taste. I wish they cut the long ass fighting scenes and focused on the plot a bit more. I was actually sure it would end on SQQ kicking LBH. Like the first trailer showed us XD

I can't believe how close to the novel this was. I was delightedly surprised. Kudos to SY's voice actor, he was so amazing. It's why I'll give this donghua a higher rating that I expected to give it, since visually it's just sacrilegious. SVSSS truly pulled the shortest stick when it came to animating (heck even for manhua). It's really the unloved older child
Nov 13, 2020 12:45 PM

Apr 2010
Mici_Angels said:
The last two episodes truly weren't to my taste. I wish they cut the long ass fighting scenes and focused on the plot a bit more. I was actually sure it would end on SQQ kicking LBH. Like the first trailer showed us XD

I can't believe how close to the novel this was. I was delightedly surprised. Kudos to SY's voice actor, he was so amazing. It's why I'll give this donghua a higher rating that I expected to give it, since visually it's just sacrilegious. SVSSS truly pulled the shortest stick when it came to animating (heck even for manhua). It's really the unloved older child

Well, I would disagree, characters looked beautiful (especially SQQ)
Nov 13, 2020 1:31 PM

Dec 2016
Tekakurika said:
Mici_Angels said:

Yue Qingyuan would like to have a word with you.
Nov 14, 2020 6:38 AM

Oct 2020
Just finished this on Youtube.

I feel like the last 2 episodes weren't the best animation-wise, but they had cute moments with SQQ and Luo Binghe.

The ending scene though. . . I haven't read the novel, but I'm really hoping for a great romance
Nov 14, 2020 12:12 PM

Apr 2010
Mici_Angels said:
Tekakurika said:

Yue Qingyuan would like to have a word with you.

He looked OK too O_o ofc in the manhwa he looked better but still
Nov 14, 2020 5:06 PM

Mar 2016
I don't like where they chose to stop, but this was still entertaining.

I thought the harem girl was alive, and Qingqiu would tell us that she can be saved. Instead, he was just like "Oh, no. Even a girl from the harem died." His reactions are so not like your regular protagonists. haha

The girl failing to get the attention of Binghe was funny.

I don't really care much about the other characters like the strong girl and the handsome guy yet.
Nov 14, 2020 11:03 PM

Aug 2015
Honestly, I just entered the discussion since I wanted to say they did a really good job making those monsters scary/creepy looking (like gross, get away DX)... I didn't even realize it was the last episode until I read the comments :')

Didn't expect this season to end that way DX I agree it felt abrupt. Agh. Still enjoyed it, and will look forward to season 2.
mangocutiesNov 14, 2020 11:40 PM
Nov 15, 2020 12:47 AM

Aug 2020
having no familiarity with the source material I just finished watching season 1 in a day, I loved it!!! is the novel better? should I read it while I wait for season 2 to come out? I've never seen or gotten into a Chinese anime before and know nothing about the genre, I'm not sure where to start (or where to find merch)..!
Nov 15, 2020 1:59 AM

Apr 2015
healbell said:
having no familiarity with the source material I just finished watching season 1 in a day, I loved it!!! is the novel better? should I read it while I wait for season 2 to come out? I've never seen or gotten into a Chinese anime before and know nothing about the genre, I'm not sure where to start (or where to find merch)..!

Novel is worth a read. You can also watch Mo Dao Zu Shi and Tiaan Guan Ci Fu by the same author.
Nov 15, 2020 4:53 PM

Mar 2014
healbell said:

i read it recently and really really liked it. sad it wasn't longer :(
Nov 23, 2020 9:06 AM

Nov 2015
Lyallen said:
Cindy-Uchiha said:

bet they lost a sponsor or something.

I don't get why ppl are saying it ended at a cliff hanger lmaooooooo where you see a cliff hanger? There ain't even a cliff
Nov 23, 2020 10:53 AM

Apr 2015
Cindy-Uchiha said:
Lyallen said:

I don't get why ppl are saying it ended at a cliff hanger lmaooooooo where you see a cliff hanger? There ain't even a cliff

They didn't even reach the cliff T-T
Nov 23, 2020 11:03 AM

Nov 2015
Vsegda7 said:
Cindy-Uchiha said:

They didn't even reach the cliff T-T
Isnt that just sad
Nov 29, 2020 1:42 AM

May 2019
This was like half of a season. Anyway, season 2 has been announced so I guess it's okay.
If music be the food of love, play on.
Jan 30, 2021 9:32 PM

Jan 2021
The ending was disappointing it ended in such a rushed way T.T what a big cliffhanger
CalmTeaTimeApr 10, 2021 9:39 PM
Feb 25, 2021 9:24 AM
Feb 2021
Where do we have to watch this all anime???
Mar 9, 2021 4:50 PM

May 2008
For those who read the novel, can someone tell me which chapter i should start reading at to continue after ep10?

Mar 10, 2021 1:49 PM

Apr 2015
yamiyuriri said:
For those who read the novel, can someone tell me which chapter i should start reading at to continue after ep10?

Middle of Chapter 25
Mar 22, 2021 11:24 PM

May 2008
Vsegda7 said:
yamiyuriri said:

Middle of Chapter 25

Awesome thanks! Can't wait to see what's gonna happen, but I prefer season 2 to come out already lol

Mar 28, 2021 7:33 PM

Dec 2011
I ate this up so fast. What kind of cliffhanger!!
excited for s2 tho whenever that happens
Apr 5, 2021 11:27 PM
Apr 2021
Olá,quando iram lançar a segunda temporada de scumbag system?vocês sabem?
Aug 19, 2021 11:19 PM

May 2013
What a shit place to end your series lol.

Guess I gotta wait for Season 2 whenever that is happening.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
Dec 15, 2021 7:36 PM

Apr 2009
this wasn't the first episode to end quite abruptly, but i had expected them to at the very least "finish the games" the kids were participating in,

eh, i hope at the very least they finish the story of this series and don't pull an original-anime-berserk on everyone,

-third "donghua" i'm watching, and also third based on the same author's work,
started with Mo dao = love it
2nd was Heaven's official blessing = felt pretty slow
and this is my third and, while the 3D could use some work here and there (gravity, please, use gravity when someone fall or sit or lay down, pleeease!), i think the overall pace was decent in this one, and while i did get the "3 year in a cave felt just like 10 seconds",
i didn't really register the 2nd big timeskip, which i think there was?
there was a clothes-change of the main character so i would assume so, but there wasn't really anything i saw that otherwise told the viewer "hey, another couple of years passed now"

anyway, i'm curious how this one will continue, but i guess i might find out by the end of next year.
KonaniDec 15, 2021 7:40 PM
I like to comment Episodes as i Watch them.
Dec 21, 2021 8:52 AM

Jan 2010
read the novel a little past this point now that it has an official release.

They really ended it here lmao???? I thought it would end up until where the bonus scene ends. But since this was only 10 episodes.

I actually didn't watch every minute of every episode. I mostly scrubbed though each episode since I had already read the novel. Also, I'm sorry, but I can't get past the subpar 3D visuals xD it's so cheesy and bad, so I guess it's kinda entertaining? I hope season 2 has slightly better animation at least. But the donghua is def an abridged version of the novel, but at the same time it did follow the novel pretty closely, it was just vey condensed in many scenes.

I gotta say though, svsss really deserves a manhua. It only got 3 chapters and then was cancelled. This happened back in 2019. it really deserves to be revived again. Maybe s2 of the dongua will be an incentive for the manhua to come back? who knows.
Dec 30, 2021 7:02 PM

Jul 2013
This week, I read the official translated novel first, thank God I did because it's easier to follow the donghua this way. The pacing of the last episode especially has me ??? like they focused so much on Gongyi Xiao and Mingyan to the detriment of the actual important Falling Into the Abyss scene.

I wish SVSSS had typical 2D animation :/ I initially wasn't going to watch the donghua, but I enjoyed the novel well enough that I wanted to experience the story again. At least, Qingqiu and Binghe look great (for 3D standards), some other characters not so much.

7/10 for the donghua
Jan 18, 2022 1:49 PM
Jan 2022
NOOOOO ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? IS THIS SERIOUSLY WHERE S1 ENDS????? WTF
Feb 20, 2022 12:50 PM
Aug 2019
https://www.novelupdates.com/series/the-scum-villains-self-saving-system/

The novel just has some 80 chapters . Too short for a Chinese novel .Most of them have at least some 2000 chaps.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chuan Shu Zijiu Zhinan Episode 1 Discussion

Xealias - Sep 9, 2020

27 by WienGirl »»
Oct 6, 11:25 AM

» Japanese OP and ED by Centimillimental

quercifolia - Dec 29, 2023

0 by quercifolia »»
Dec 29, 2023 10:10 AM

» Japan Dub Broadcast

tsubasalover - Aug 18, 2023

1 by VanVeleca »»
Aug 26, 2023 4:16 PM

Poll: » Chuan Shu Zijiu Zhinan Episode 3 Discussion

Xealias - Sep 17, 2020

5 by edravina »»
Dec 25, 2021 1:18 AM

Poll: » Chuan Shu Zijiu Zhinan Episode 2 Discussion

Xealias - Sep 9, 2020

17 by edravina »»
Dec 24, 2021 2:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.