Forum Settings
Forums

Manga 'Mashiro no Oto' Receives TV Anime for Spring 2021

New
Aug 4, 2020 10:03 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Kodansha opened an official website for a television anime adaptation of Marimo Ragawa's Mashiro no Oto (Sound of Snow White) manga on Wednesday, revealing the main staff, lead cast, a teaser promo, and a teaser visual (pictured). The anime series is scheduled for an April 2021 premiere.

Staff
Director: Hiroaki Akagi (Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san)
Series Composition: Kanichi Katou (Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san 2 script)
Character Design: Majima Jirou (Banana Fish sub-character design)
Studio: Shin-Ei Animation (Amaama to Inazuma)

Voice actor Nobunaga Shimazaki (Sword Art Online: Alicization, Fruits Basket 1st Season) is starring as the protagonist Setsu Sawamura. The Yoshida Brothers (Gibiate opening theme performance) will supervise the Tsugaru-shamisen music featured in the anime.

Synopsis
Shamisen is a traditional Japanese musical instrument that looks similar to a guitar. Teenager Sawamura Setsu's grandfather who raised him and his older brother Wakana, recently passed away. His grandfather was one of the greatest Shamisen players and the two siblings grew up listening to him play and learning to play the instrument.

Since their grandfather's death, Setsu dropped out of high school, moved to Tokyo and has been drifting, not knowing what to do besides play his Shamisen. That's when his successful and rich mother, Umeko, storms into his life and tries to shape Setsu up. She enrolls him back into high school, but little does Setsu know that he is about to rediscover his passion for Shamisen. (Source: MU, edited)

Ragawa published a one-shot for the manga in Monthly Shounen Magazine in December 2009, which began regular serialization in April that year. Kodansha published the 25th volume on May 15. The manga has cumulative 4 million copies of its volumes in print, including digital editions.

Mashiro no Oto placed third in the male readers' division in the 2012 Kono Manga ga Sugoi! rankings, won the 36th Kodansha Manga Awards for the best shounen manga, and received an Excellence Award at the 16th Japan Media Arts Festival Awards. The manga was also nominated for the 4th Manga Taisho awards in 2011.

Teaser PV

Official site: https://mashironooto-official.com/
Official Twitter: @mashironooto_pr

Source: Comic Natalie

Mashiro no Oto on MAL
VindstotAug 4, 2020 4:56 PM

Aug 4, 2020 10:41 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
The few scenes in the PV looks good. Looking forward to it!
Aug 4, 2020 10:59 AM

Jun 2017
Seems relaxing from the look of it.
Aug 4, 2020 11:24 AM
穂乃果は神

Oct 2015
ayy more music anime is always welcome!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 4, 2020 11:43 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Oh, that's a nice teaser right there!

Traditional Japanese musical instrument? Okay, that's good enough to win me over. Looking forward to this!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Aug 4, 2020 5:14 PM

Oct 2015
This looks really cool.

Latest Blog: BLARE FEST 2023
Latest Review: Hyouka

Aug 4, 2020 6:20 PM

Jul 2019
It has a face that will be a good anime ...
Apaixonado por jogos e animes.
Aug 5, 2020 4:12 AM

Dec 2012
I am excited for this!!!! I really love tradition Japanese music anime! They are usually so healing!! Going on my plan to watch ASAP!!
hahaha Naru, also how I felt when I learned how to read all my Kana. Barakamon is everything!!:'D

Aug 5, 2020 1:38 PM
Aug 6, 2020 12:12 AM

Jan 2020
Nice seeing somebody playing a blatant rip off of our great yet dreadful Russian balalaika...
Aug 6, 2020 6:08 AM

Jun 2010
Oh, an anime centering around Shamisen music? That's interesting. And it's been quite a while for me to see a Shamisen performance in an anime - probably since Samurai Champloo and Nitaboh.

I just hope that it doesn't go the same way as Kono Oto Tomare. The whole thing with his grandfather dying, him drifting around and his thuggish looks give me a kinda similar vibe. And I'm honestly more interested in a title focussing on the music and music scene than on some largely unrelated melodrama.
Aug 6, 2020 3:31 PM
Jun 2020
Judging from the protagonist's design it's probably gonna be gay-ish. Most definitely skipping it.
Aug 6, 2020 8:13 PM

Aug 2014
Judging from the protagonist's design it's probably gonna be gay-ish. Most definitely adding to my plan to watch.
Aug 15, 2020 5:39 AM

Jun 2016
Judging from the protagonist's design it's probably gonna be gay-ish. Most definitely adding to my plan to watch. (2) :3

Seriously though, I'd be disappointed if there is no bromance in it:3
Aug 16, 2020 3:26 PM

Jun 2020
it's so great to see another one of marimo ragawa's works getting more recognition and a whole anime, and after almost 25 years of her last big hit, no less! i already read some of the manga and it's great, as expected of ragawa's work, so i'm really looking forward to see how the anime will turn out.
Nov 5, 2020 1:25 AM

Feb 2016
wape said:
Judging from the protagonist's design it's probably gonna be gay-ish. Most definitely skipping it.

untill they showed that short hair female protag in the PV...
Nov 5, 2020 8:52 AM

Dec 2016
Shimazaki Nobunaga speaking Fukui dialect gave me the chills.

Looks like Haru and Makoto are here and if Miyano Mamoru voices someone it'll be complete XD

Looking forward to listen to more Yoshida brothers, they did a good job in Gibiate, though the anime was shitty.
Feb 2, 2021 4:26 PM

Aug 2015
Hey, something original. Neat. Let´s see who´s the other protagonist.

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Watashi wo Tabetai, Hitodenashi' Gets TV Anime in 2025

DatRandomDude - Today

7 by uncleqrow »»
20 minutes ago

» 'Ganbare! Nakamura-kun!!' Reveals Production Staff, Teaser Promo, 2025 Debut

DatRandomDude - Oct 18

10 by okamoto4 »»
3 hours ago

» Yukihiro Shibutani, Art Director of 'Natsume Yuujinchou', Dies at 63

Vindstot - Oct 16

13 by Aki-ari »»
8 hours ago

» Light Novel 'Eris no Seihai' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

11 by Sailor_Daze »»
Today, 5:00 AM

» Light Novel 'Kanpekisugite Kawaige ga Nai to Konyaku Haki sareta Seijo wa Ringoku ni Urareru' Gets TV Anime in 2025

Vindstot - Yesterday

2 by Lumenesca »»
Today, 12:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.