Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 29, 2020 8:36 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The female lead's introduction time with Haku may have been done there and then, but the true reality is just beginning between her and the ikemen Evolvers.

To CEO Zen's chagrin, the production results from the main female lead's leadership isn't showing any gains that are favourable to him, and it's back to the drawing board with Kira's help aiding her.

A meeting with Kira becomes a date LOLs (as expected of an otome game), the usual shenangians. Turns out that Zen has been spying on her the whole while. and Simon gives some insight on the Zen's part.

With the main female lead finally promoted to being a producer, it's time to get things going: to figure out the puzzle between Evolvers, and the female lead's recurring memories being a power of foreshadowing future events in itself.

The important element of this episode: puddings, because ikemen are beautifully handsome having some mukbang time, and it gives the female lead some inspiration to move forward.
Jul 29, 2020 10:11 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Lot of tension during the end of the episode, they really stopped on a cliffhanger, damn.
Jul 29, 2020 10:26 AM

Jul 2017
so the pudding Kira loved was actually made by Zen o wow didn't expect the hidden yaoi route to start xdd

but for realz, I actually really like Hisako's voice acting with this show, arguably the best otome protagonist voice acting imo. But goddammit why does this otome protag. always end up getting into death situations lmao
Jul 29, 2020 10:28 AM
Jul 2020
bruh this man is everywhere..... starting to make him look sus.
Jul 29, 2020 10:29 AM

Jan 2014
Gotta love a nice and calm episode, and then all of sudden. CLIFFHANGER.
Good stuff.
Jul 29, 2020 11:43 AM
Sep 2015
How dare she reject Gavin's motorcycle ride invitation! Nevermind, I'll be the one to ride, both his motorcycle and his body ;)

This episode is stangely remind me of Kakuriyo: Bed and Breakfast for Spirits, because the girl remember the taste of the food that save her from her traumatic childhood memory.
Jul 29, 2020 1:33 PM
Jul 2019
So Corporate guy is also a restaurateur.

Lucien Vs Gavin, so what's this a rivalry?
Jul 29, 2020 4:57 PM
Dec 2018
Dat cliffhanger makes me screaming in the midnight :(
I love how this otome anime always straight up focus to it's story and mystery, not baiting with rushed romance or touchy ikemen ew
Never thinking about this before, but I don't know the boys will ever meeting with each other and how it is if they met... Victor/Kira and Lucien/Gavin in this episode really surprising
I need more, can't wait for next week!

9.5/10
Jul 29, 2020 9:25 PM

Jul 2020
I'm REALLY enjoying this anime adaptation so far. As someone who played the game, it's fast-paced but in a good way (focusing on the lore and plot). Oh boy, things are about to go DOWN and episode 4 will just be the beginning. I'm HYPED for the upcoming action scenes. The anime director said in an interview that it's gonna be big or something along those lines. For those on the fence, don't drop it right now. There is SO much so uncover and you in for a hell of a ride.

I saw some users saying they didn't understand why this episode was about "Victor's cutesy pudding shop" and why it was even added. Just based on the pace we're going, I think I know why they decided to draw your attention that way; they're setting up for events in the later episodes.

GONNA BOARD THE HYPE TRAIN NOW.

Lucien4everJul 29, 2020 10:59 PM
Jul 30, 2020 2:30 AM

Aug 2012
Can this be more standard Mary Sue female fantasy? Yes the one Zen is looking for some reason is her (that is she cooked her pudding). She was extremely insufferable this episode. I mean the guy saved your life twice but when he tells you to try doing something else because he fears for your safety you go, no... I can do it. Hate the heroine most of the males have cardboard personalities, dropped
Jul 30, 2020 5:29 AM

Jul 2013
That final scene though, talk about picking up the pace and skipped content... Next episode will be covering chapter 8 from the game which skips A LOT. Current rough estimation is:
- first episode covered chapter 1
- second episode covered chapter 2
-third episode covered chapter 3 and 4 if I remember well, and the final scene was chapter 6

Next episode covers chapter 8 which is an abnormal skip and a lot will be lost regarding character development, especially Lucien's character development... And I was looking forward to seeing those chapters animated the most...
This drastically changes my previous idea that the anime will cover first 10 chapters, with this speed who knows how much they will cover but I am not sure how good it will be...
Shimai_niJul 30, 2020 5:47 AM
Noir… It is the name of an ancient fate. Two sisters who watch anime. The peace of the newly born, their black hands protect.
Jul 30, 2020 7:04 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
More foreshadowing power of dream from the girl, led to the unexpected event. I believed that police officer evolver just got a misapprehending toward the scientist and the girl relations that led him to take the own judgement. But, man, actually i am shock enough to knew the ending come up to the scene. Great twist for me, there.

Other meaningful meeting with the CEO evolver and the popular guy evolver forced the girl into some past memories revelations beyond an endless thought. Finally the CEO man had a chance to justificate his annoying habit against the girl with his sweet approaching over that beautiful pudding. There might be still hold some mystery over the girl past. Such as that erased memories of her childhood period, and so on. Otherwise, that was some nice bonding over every main char on this series. Unfortunately to the police guy for having a bad impression on this episode. That was a very unfortunate encounter by him. Lol.

Overall, this is a nice episode with a nice little bonding interaction over each character. And nice development toward some of the guy already, pretty entertaining so far for me.
badabassJul 30, 2020 7:07 AM
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 30, 2020 10:04 AM
Aug 2018
nightcrawlercyp said:
Can this be more standard Mary Sue female fantasy? Yes the one Zen is looking for some reason is her (that is she cooked her pudding). She was extremely insufferable this episode. I mean the guy saved your life twice but when he tells you to try doing something else because he fears for your safety you go, no... I can do it. Hate the heroine most of the males have cardboard personalities, dropped

Otome games are like that, and i respect your opinion. you should have know that, if it's not your cup of tea
Jul 30, 2020 10:15 AM

Aug 2012
IwaOi-KHRStan said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

Otome games are like that, and i respect your opinion. you should have know that, if it's not your cup of tea
I watched a number of exceptions as well so thought of giving it a chance.
Jul 30, 2020 11:20 AM
Apr 2020
Oooo, what path will she really take? Man, the cliffhanger left me wanting more.
Jul 30, 2020 12:58 PM

Mar 2017
Me when the characters are talking about Souvenir: Who the hell would financially be able to keep a restaurant open with those erratic opening hours and lack of customers?!
</b>Me when Victor is revealed as the secret owner</b>: Of course...

This was kinda dull episode but the ending was awesome! I think it's obvious that Gavin is actually there for Lucien but I'm not sure why... Lucien does seem a little suspicious if I'm to be honest though
Jul 30, 2020 12:58 PM

Mar 2017
𝗠𝗲 𝘄𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗿𝗮𝗰𝘁𝗲𝗿𝘀 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝘁𝗮𝗹𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗮𝗯𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝗦𝗼𝘂𝘃𝗲𝗻𝗶𝗿: Who the hell would financially be able to keep a restaurant open with those erratic opening hours and lack of customers?!
𝗠𝗲 𝘄𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝗩𝗶𝗰𝘁𝗼𝗿 𝗶𝘀 𝗿𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗮𝗹𝗲𝗱 𝗮𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗲𝗰𝗿𝗲𝘁 𝗼𝘄𝗻𝗲𝗿: Of course...

This was kinda dull episode but the ending was awesome! I think it's obvious that Gavin is actually there for Lucien but I'm not sure why... Lucien does seem a little suspicious if I'm to be honest though
Jul 30, 2020 1:00 PM
Jun 2017
Shimai_ni said:
That final scene though, talk about picking up the pace and skipped content... Next episode will be covering chapter 8 from the game which skips A LOT. Current rough estimation is:
-third episode covered chapter 3 and 4 if I remember well, and the final scene was chapter 6

Next episode covers chapter 8 which is an abnormal skip and a lot will be lost regarding character development, especially Lucien's character development... And I was looking forward to seeing those chapters animated the most...
This drastically changes my previous idea that the anime will cover first 10 chapters, with this speed who knows how much they will cover but I am not sure how good it will be...

I totally agree... Since I saw the ending of this episode I am scared they might have skipped too much content and messed up the anime. I hope they implement everything...
Jul 30, 2020 1:28 PM
Aug 2018
nightcrawlercyp said:
IwaOi-KHRStan said:

well, even the exceptions follows this kind of trope. it's how otome games work. personally i love them exactly because of this, but to each its own.
Jul 30, 2020 4:49 PM

Apr 2007
Stupid sexy Zen also proving he's a master chef :I

Short_Circut said:
but for realz, I actually really like Hisako's voice acting with this show, arguably the best otome protagonist voice acting imo.
I was actually thinking the same thing in this episode. They really picked the perfect voice actress for this role.
Jul 30, 2020 6:51 PM

Jul 2020
nightcrawlercyp said:

To be honest, I was like that too when I first played the game. I actually dropped it many times in the early chapters because I thought it was cheesy and the superpowers were just a gimmick. Because many games of these genres are like "Oh MC falls in love with the guys and the story quickly move towards a happy ending after some unusual setbacks." But with a huge worldview like this story, it's impossible to predict the exact identities of the characters and how the story will unfold just based on the early chapters.

If the anime manages to get the important parts of the story from the game, it will be amazing. But I kinda get it when people drop the series in the beginning xD. Also, I don't understand why some of the fans being are super disappointed over certain parts of the chapters not being adapted lol. Animes and games will never be a 1:1 adaption.

Lucien4everJul 30, 2020 7:31 PM
Jul 30, 2020 8:37 PM
Apr 2019
Man the twist that he was the chef at Souinver was pure gold. This anime is really really good. I look forward to see how it will evol
Jul 30, 2020 10:05 PM

Jun 2013
Senpai: I would never hurt you.

Same Senpai towards end of episode: *points gun at MC girl*

LOL
臭い-
Jul 30, 2020 11:20 PM

Aug 2012
IwaOi-KHRStan said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

well, even the exceptions follows this kind of trope. it's how otome games work. personally i love them exactly because of this, but to each its own.
Meant watched a number of shojo. Probably except Phantom in the twilight which despite being an otome was good except last episodes most were not otome
Jul 31, 2020 4:39 AM
Aug 2019
Short_Circut said:
so the pudding Kira loved was actually made by Zen o wow didn't expect the hidden yaoi route to start xdd

but for realz, I actually really like Hisako's voice acting with this show, arguably the best otome protagonist voice acting imo. But goddammit why does this otome protag. always end up getting into death situations lmao

There’s no Yaoi. Maybe delusional people will ship them, but it’s not meant to be shipped. The four characters are made to fall in love with the MC.
Jul 31, 2020 4:41 AM
Aug 2019
Short_Circut said:

There’s no Yaoi. Maybe delusional people will ship them, but it’s not meant to be shipped. The four characters are made to fall in love with the MC.
Jul 31, 2020 6:35 AM
Aug 2018
nightcrawlercyp said:
IwaOi-KHRStan said:

Meant watched a number of shojo. Probably except Phantom in the twilight which despite being an otome was good except last episodes most were not otome

Shoujo and otome are two different kinds. that's why probably you don't like it. but it's ok
Jul 31, 2020 6:35 AM
Aug 2018
Sabrinarock01 said:
Short_Circut said:

i agree with you, there's no yaoi in otome games
Jul 31, 2020 7:13 AM
Jan 2020
I waiting episode where Lucien and Victor a dispute occurred because They is rival :3
Jul 31, 2020 10:40 AM
Aug 2019
IwaOi-KHRStan said:
Sabrinarock01 said:

Thanks for understanding my point :-)
Jul 31, 2020 3:34 PM

Mar 2010
Kiki has such a annoying voice :/ someone should have a victor counter for how many times he say idiot lol

Don't understand how victor have the time to do ceo stuff and cook lol Ohh so thats why the pudding tasted like the restaurants.
StardewJul 31, 2020 4:33 PM
Aug 1, 2020 2:00 AM

Jun 2020
i feel like the character designs even for random female characters like those in her office/workplace look even nicer than the male character designs, the girls are pretty to look at!

lmfao that i-see-an-evolver-right-infront-of-me joke failed haku loosen up!! xD

i love the banter she has with the CEO

can't wait for the next episode damn that cliffhanger

kur0baAug 5, 2020 11:23 PM

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Aug 1, 2020 3:11 AM
Review Moderator
Book Princess

Nov 2018
I'm rather annoyed that they think the best way to give the finance power CEO a personality is to make him a secret world-class chef on the side. Very few people achieve perfection in spheres as disparate as finance and cooking, fewer by his age (may I hazard a guess of none?) His superiority complex continues to make me want to practice knitting with his entrails...

I'm also annoyed at the way that the men are portrayed as so superior while the girl is bumbling. At least let her be good at cooking pudding! So far I've seen no skill, only persistence, on her part, which disappoints me. I'd assume someone with her persistence would have managed to accumulate some significant skill in a few areas.

This episode definitely made it clear our female lead is also an Evolver. As to why freezing time works on everyone but Evolvers? Absolutely no clue; that seems completely ridiculous. Freezing time in the first place as a evolution-based power is ridiculous (I think it violates the Time-Energy uncertainty principle, the lesser-known cousin of the Heisenberg uncertainty principle.)

I was not expecting a power clash between two main leads at this point. Intriguing!
Every day you can read a book or watch some anime is a good day!
Aug 1, 2020 3:44 AM
Mar 2012
Nice having mc work hard to get thru the tv project.
Science dude giving Irozuku Sekai flashbacks, but also very suspicious.
She seems to have precog but hasn't used the knowledge at all yet. Hopefully she's not always the damsel in those situations.
Aug 1, 2020 9:52 AM

Feb 2011
IwaOi-KHRStan said:
Sabrinarock01 said:

guess it's a good thing fandom exists then :)
眠れないのは君のせい
Aug 1, 2020 10:25 AM
Aug 2018
Chouninatte said:
IwaOi-KHRStan said:

guess it's a good thing fandom exists then :)

it's not bad and i'm a yaoi fan myself, but otome games can have yaoi only in fandom choices
Aug 1, 2020 6:18 PM

Apr 2015
It doesn't matter how many times I watch/play the pudding chapter. Every single time I get angry with Victor because he ate the pudding made for Kiro.
I didn't understand why they skipped some chapters. I just hope that doesn't compromise much of Lucien's character development.
Aug 2, 2020 9:26 AM

Mar 2018
Stardew said:
Kiki has such a annoying voice :/ someone should have a victor counter for how many times he say idiot lol

Actually, Kiki's VA voices Kaguya in "Kaguya-sama: Love is War"!
"Smiles and laughter are always good, but never forget your poker face."
-Kaito Kuroba (aka Kaitou Kid)

"A thief is a creative artist who takes his prey in style. But a detective is nothing more than a critic who follows our footsteps."

Aug 2, 2020 9:32 AM

Mar 2018
Sonja_Usagi said:
Shimai_ni said:

I totally agree... Since I saw the ending of this episode I am scared they might have skipped too much content and messed up the anime. I hope they implement everything...

I'm a bit nervous as well, but I think it's possible that they're moving the order of some events around. Who knows, after the chapter 8 episode, we may get some of the Lucien chapters after it. It kind of depends on how MAPPA wants to tell the story. No matter what kind of adaptation you do (whether a book or game or musical), there's always something to change/remove. I think we should be patient and just see what order they decide to tell the story in. (Honestly, as long as the pacing is good, then that's enough for me.)
"Smiles and laughter are always good, but never forget your poker face."

"A thief is a creative artist who takes his prey in style. But a detective is nothing more than a critic who follows our footsteps."

Aug 2, 2020 9:42 AM

Mar 2010
Dazel1412 said:
Stardew said:

Actually, Kiki's VA voices Kaguya in "Kaguya-sama: Love is War"!

Have not finished Kaguya. Her voice hurts my ears a bit :/
Aug 2, 2020 1:24 PM

Sep 2007
With the pacing of this anime I feel like it's gonna surpass the point I played up to in the game....Is that a sign I need to get my slow butt moving [in-game]? OAO

back to the actual episode...when the pudding switcheroo happened in-game I was pretty dang confused and I guess the anime adaptation kind of made that a little more clearer to me (though it still didn't show when the switcheroo occurred...)

Can't wait for the next ep, more cuz this event (Gavin/Haku firing his gun) also confused me when I played through it in the game
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Aug 2, 2020 2:28 PM

Apr 2018
Was a very nice calming episode. She got the funds back yes. Did not expect that Cliff hanger tho what a way to end it. Enjoying the series so far ngl.
Aug 12, 2020 10:12 AM

Mar 2015
lol Zen switching their puddings bet he kidnapped mc-chan as a child to feed her his pudding

Looks like we're gonna get some action next episode. Also I'm loving the endcards of this anime <3
Jan 7, 2021 2:32 AM

Jul 2015
Zen seems to be everywhere, ceo life must be pretty easy if he can run a restaurant at the same time (even though it is horribly run...). Seems like we are getting some action next episode between Lucien and Gavin.

Jan 12, 2021 7:38 PM

Apr 2016
Oh boy the two handsome dudes are about to fight in front of their girl. Where have I seen this scene before?
Oct 18, 2021 9:55 AM

Nov 2017
The anime is pretty different from its game, but I like to see it animated.

(It's pretty fast-paced too, it removes stuff that happens in the game)
"he has it big as a cactus
but he won't let go of my head
and I puke on his cock bitch" - Boy by Fishball 

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koi to Producer: EVOL×LOVE Episode 12 Discussion

KANLen09 - Sep 30, 2020

43 by Bbluebabies »»
Sep 29, 2023 10:45 AM

Poll: » Koi to Producer: EVOL×LOVE Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2020

91 by NaekoGetsu »»
Jun 24, 2023 12:02 AM

Poll: » Koi to Producer: EVOL×LOVE Episode 2 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jul 22, 2020

46 by Animecoregirl13 »»
Aug 10, 2022 3:21 PM

» Why underrated

Rei_Kuroi - Aug 26, 2021

6 by Kunii »»
Aug 26, 2021 12:34 PM

Poll: » Koi to Producer: EVOL×LOVE Episode 10 Discussion

KANLen09 - Sep 16, 2020

18 by ItsaMae »»
May 17, 2021 1:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.