Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Wave, Listen to Me!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 19, 2020 10:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Geez, Minare has her hands full this time at MRS. I can see the pressure just on her face as she's live on air.

I do like how they played her character's emotions while broadcasting to the audience. Seems she may be distracted at times but still doing the best she can. Good for her at taking the job seriously and making a big life change since her breakup. Well done. This was one of a show I very much enjoyed watching. 8/10.
Jun 19, 2020 11:57 AM

Apr 2016
For an original anime ending, this wasn't bad. Wish we got another season, kinda get used to the characters and would like to see more of them.
Jun 19, 2020 12:03 PM

Nov 2016
Swagernator said:
For an original anime ending, this wasn't bad. Wish we got another season, kinda get used to the characters and would like to see more of them.

My hopes for S2 from dead to never began

Never would've guessed that this series would become my anime of the season, tho, even after the great first impression.

The comedy and vibes were something else.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 19, 2020 12:11 PM

Feb 2019
Great finale to an amazing and very underrated series. While, as a romantic type guy I would’ve liked to have seen a ship sail, I can understand and appreciate the ending they went for. This episode really solidified Minare’s character development and showed how much she’s come into her own as a host.

Everyone’s making small, but meaningful steps to their next phase of life whether it’s planning on opening a restaurant, scriptwriting or improving as a radio host, and that was really nice to see. A positive message that we can all take from this series. I am really going to miss this series. Shame it’s so hard to find the manga these days, even on amazon, but I will keep looking.
Jun 19, 2020 12:18 PM

Jan 2018
Looks like Minare worked a lot during that emergency broadcast, props to her and Mr. Mato for keeping it up.

It was a good anime, exploring the world of radio. If there'll be a second season, I'll be looking forward to it.

8/10
Jun 19, 2020 12:20 PM

Jul 2017
7/10 for this show overall.

While there were tons of visual struggles throughout the season, I did enjoy the content and the characterization for Minare and the rest. The radio segments had a very delightful mix of eccentricity and realism laying underneath, and while they went for an original ending, it ended on a fine note.

Prefer the manga due to the artstyle obviously, but for an adaptation, this was very solid to watch. One of the few highlights of the season/year so far. Glad to not see this be postponed or delayed.
Jun 19, 2020 12:23 PM

Feb 2017
Seeing adult slice of life is always refreshing. It was very good show and I hope Sunrise gets to animate more seasons of this one day.
Characters were cool and watching Minare dealing with various situations was very enjoyable to watch.
Jun 19, 2020 12:36 PM

Jan 2014
Was not expecting an earthquake right in the middle of it holy shit. That blew me away when that happened.

Fun show overall, grew my interest in radio honestly.
Jun 19, 2020 12:43 PM

May 2018
Well that's that, I wonder if Tachibana is audition to be a seiyuu?????
Jun 19, 2020 12:48 PM

Jul 2017
Swagernator said:
True though.

Mizuho still stuck in he heartstrings for assistant director Kureno, who's on his way out.

Makie finally stepping out of her bubble, and confessing to Nakamura about her insecurities, and this was a very nice closure.

For something as dramatic as an earthquake, it reminds me of how radio is very important as a source of information, when it matters for emergency broadcasts (which is new territory for Minare). Truly a last-minute, on-the-job test that was improvised to perfection.

Not a bad anime-original ending, and a good one to end this series on a good note. Thoroughly enjoyed this, truly one of the underrated bests of the season.
Jun 19, 2020 12:52 PM
Jul 2019
What a joy it was to get a show about a grown woman finding her way in life. Hats off to Minare's voice actress for delivering those monologues like a boss.
Jun 19, 2020 12:57 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Not bad objectively but absolutely not my cup of tea, some moments were enjoyable though.
Jun 19, 2020 12:58 PM
May 2020
A breath of fresh air in the land of the cliched. Really enjoyed this one.

Jun 19, 2020 1:08 PM
Feb 2019
Ah. Kind of want to read the manga but wouldn't be the same without the amazing voice acting.
Jun 19, 2020 1:15 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Just when you thought Minare's got her bases covered, an Earthquake strikes to change the day. That's the reality of radio for you, I suppose.

Damn, the pressure must've been humongous but she really handled it well. Props to her, you could literally feel the weight of the pressure through her expressions. Awesome moment with the Director changing gears by the way. Fine line of difference between an amateur and professional, huh? Loved the final couple of moments showing Minare-san's change in impressions of radio and her life essentially.

Some more character development for Tachibana-san as well. It's incredible how far she has come from being the timid and reserved person once. Nakamura-san better not let her down when the time for a greater confession comes. By the way, what was that bit hinting on Tachibana-san = Joker Skonsky? Did I read this completely wrong by any chance?

Something for Mizuha-chan this episode, too. Wouldn't be a finale without her closure, am I right? Seriously though, I loved her interactions with Kureko-san and congratulations to her too. Kureko-san and Minare-san sound like they could totally get along, on another note, that's the kind of impression I got from their short but intriguing conversation.

Manager-san and Tachibana-san's brother nearly hit it off, xD. I couldn't help but chuckle here. Nakamura-san's sister definitely left an impression, too.

All in all, it was a fantastic final episode. Hard to believe that this was an anime-original, props to the anime team.

It's been a really fun ride, overall. I felt a few of the early-mid episodes were a little down but the rest, great! Minare-san's VA performance is easily the best of the year so far imo - so dynamic and energetic, really brought out a lot out of Minare-san, if you ask me.

I'm not going to lie, this show has genuinely made me a little more curious on radio. Another one of those aspects/professions that I didn't think I'd come to appreciate until a work of anime to mend that of course.

Definitely going to miss the ED a ton and the Op a fair bit, as well.

Solid 8/10.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jun 19, 2020 1:26 PM
Feb 2019
novus_mihi said:
A breath of fresh air in the land of the cliched. Really enjoyed this one.

This is exactly what I'm thinking about it. Also I personally admire Minare seiyuu so much
Jun 19, 2020 1:39 PM
Mar 2015
Minare holds it together broadcasting live during an earthquake
Jun 19, 2020 1:41 PM

Jul 2017
welp a rather not too shabby ending to a pretty mediocre show. Glad at least....Minare got her spotlight? Finally moving forward to committing herself full time to radio? idk. This ep was quite random like some of the other's before have been

Overall............eh. Comedy surprisingly got worse throughout, hardly anything to warrant the romance tag (although I shouldn't be surprised at this point) and some eps were just....weird and not in the good sense.

an outstanding I don't want to Listen to these Waves anymore/10

on a plus though, Minare's VA absolutely killed it with this role
Jun 19, 2020 2:03 PM
Apr 2020
Ellenwitch said:
Was not expecting an earthquake right in the middle of it holy shit. That blew me away when that happened.

The anime and manga both covered a real earthquake that hit Hokkaido on September 6, 2018.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_Hokkaido_Eastern_Iburi_earthquake
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/sep/06/powerful-earthquake-hits-hokkaido-off-japan

While they moved the Earthquake back in the story so that it could be in the first season of the anime, and thus make the show more relevant towards Hokkaidoans, I really hope they do an OVA and/or a second season because in future arcs...
very mild spoilers ahead...

in the manga she and some other MRS members get captured by a cult and have to escape and Minare does a long running segment where she attempts to cure a Hikkikomori at his family's request. Those would be amazing to see in the show.
foxfirex23Jun 19, 2020 2:07 PM
Jun 19, 2020 2:07 PM

Nov 2011
If you're not going to have a second season why add something like Tachibana going to a Television/Radio station and working. That's one of the things I actually disliked about this episode. I also understand it is Anime Original but come on too many open questions. Mainly the relationships between Nakahara, Minare, and Tachibana.

Overall the episode was good. I liked how Matou basically was busting Minare's Balls when she was nervous after the Earthquake. That's a great Director if I've ever seen one.

The anime was great overall though, I think I will make the Change to the manga once more Chapter get released.

Overall I have this anime at a 7.5/10
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Fall 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jun 19, 2020 2:22 PM
Jul 2013
OMG, JK Mizuho, how much better can it get?
Edit:
Yesss, that's it. Starts and ends with a bang. And what a wild ride in between, not a second wasted.
Definitely an underdog but AOTS contender nevertheless.
matheoo41Jun 19, 2020 3:02 PM
Jun 19, 2020 2:31 PM

Oct 2010
7/10. Nothing about it really stood out
Jun 19, 2020 4:55 PM

Jul 2012
Really sad to see this one go. I had a lot of fun. Out of the new series that aired this season, this was my favorite.
I'm gonna miss Minare, I love her!
Jun 19, 2020 5:09 PM

Mar 2008
Jun 19, 2020 6:26 PM

Apr 2009
Ah, and that's the end of my favorite series for this season. Too bad it seems like there'll never be a season 2 but hey, a fantastic 1 cour adaptation is already a blessing when considering other stuff that haven't got an adaptation, or worse: get a crappy adaptation. What a charming little series, the character interactions are top tier and production values are solid (it's Sunrise, after all).

Check the manga as well, you all.
Jun 19, 2020 6:41 PM
Jun 2017
overall series: NICE SERIES, ENTERTAINING TO WATCH

FINAL EPISODE: GREAT- i just love how Minare have able to stay on air during a calamity thus giving information about the earthquake that is happening in their area. this just showed to us that RADIO still have some function in the modern era that we are living with
Jun 19, 2020 6:52 PM

Jan 2013
while its nothing fancy, this show was a fun fresh of breath air. the voice work was superb especially Minare. that one Tachibana scene is gonna have alot of anime-onlys asking questions tho, especially since folks say this is anime original ending

need more adult centered shows like this. 8/10
Jun 19, 2020 7:04 PM

Aug 2014
This was surprisingly a very good show. I loved how they showed the difference between the professional and Minare at the end. 8/10.

Does anyone know which chapter to start reading from?
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Jun 19, 2020 8:41 PM

Oct 2017
What a way to end this show, this was a great finale. The sudden earthquake was surprising cause I keep forgetting it's pretty common in Japan. Minare did her best even in a crisis.

Didn't think I'd like this anime this much and I'm glad this anime turned out to be so good. Minare was a really fun and energetic character, gonna miss her.
Jun 19, 2020 9:09 PM
Nov 2018
whoa wasn't expecting an earthquake in the last episode! awesome way to cap off a super entertaining show. whoever voiced minare did a heck of a job and deserves more roles. nice to get a break from anime about high school and just adult lives with adult problems.
Jun 19, 2020 10:42 PM

Mar 2016
Really enjoyed this series, as someone who still listen to the radio at work (not right now, I'm still on quarantine) I would say it's my Eizouken of the season. You got to love Minare (I hope Riho Sugiyama, Minare's seiyuu, get more roles), she's so energetic and funny, peculiarities Matou know how to use to make her a good radio announcer, and of course Mizuho and Kasumi who are the other part of the team.
I haven't enjoyed an anime with an adult setting like this since 2016's Fune wo Amu, and I hope we get more stories like this one.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Jun 19, 2020 11:02 PM

Dec 2015
Solid 8/10. I would love to see more shows like this, even though they will all be underrated and underappreciated like this one.
Jun 19, 2020 11:41 PM

Feb 2019
Did not expect an earthquake to happen this episode, but then again, when do we ever expect earthquakes?

A very good show that I enjoyed this season. It is definitely underrated and I wish more people would've watched it. It was unique and the characters were really fun to watch, especially Minare's which was the most hilarious and energetic (props to the VA!).

I think that was a really interesting episode. It wasn't just about life at the radio, but also what the radio is supposed to do during times of emergency. It was quite an eye-opener really. All this time, I thought the government would have to contact the media and basically coordinate the message. But it seems that each media, and in this case radio, has at the ready their own protocols for what they need to do and the role they need to play during emergencies.

For an ending, it was good. It certainly felt more like the start of a new story rather than an ending. And that is a story I really want to see! I want to see how Minare is as a radio host after she's sure that she wants to become one. And I also wanna see more of Mizuho and her rise as a producer!

Really hoping for a second season at some point, though I'm a bit doubtful with how few people watched it sadly.

One of the highlights of the season. Glad this was not postponed. 8/10!
Jun 19, 2020 11:51 PM

Feb 2020
One of the best anime in this year!!!!!
The plot,animation,and charaters are so great!!!
At least 8/10
Jun 20, 2020 12:28 AM
Oct 2014
Non-cliche, unique and underrated anime with a great ending. Never woulda thought they would close this out with an earthquake lol 8/10
Jun 20, 2020 1:11 AM

Jul 2016
Well, that's one way to end it. I certainly wasn't expecting it, to say the least. I've complained a lot over these past few weeks about how this radio station seems to treat people and how that shit would probably be illegal over here, but I've gotta admit, I like their disaster response. Rush to spread as much information as fast as possible and give people clear directions while also keeping them calm. The soup kitchen was a nice touch too.

I guess my prediction from last week about things being left unresolved did kind of come true, but to be honest, I think the writers taking this direction for a final episode probably made it better than if they'd tried to resolve someone's character arc because they felt they had to. Nice save! Let Season 2 handle all the emotional resolution.

So yeah, the ending was slightly better than expected, and I think that's the vibe for the entire anime to be honest. Slightly better than expected.

Wave, Listen to Me! could have been a lot worse, but it could've been a lot better too.
ChilliePeppersJun 20, 2020 1:14 AM
Jun 20, 2020 1:29 AM
Apr 2020
Great ending. It kinda left me hanging tho. Hopefully there's season 2.

Jun 20, 2020 2:55 AM
Aug 2012
Really perfect ending....I don't know how to put it, well, I guess the last episode was really encouraging in all means: we need to be down to earth, yet not to forget that unexpected possibilities might come and we should be open to them and once we take up new work we must do it wholeheartedly! By the way, hope all citizens of Hokkaido are doing well in this series)Minare's energy as always is overflowingly contagious!
Jun 20, 2020 3:10 AM

Apr 2012
The whole anime was completely chaotic but I really liked it.
Jun 20, 2020 3:44 AM
Apr 2019
That was pretty solid ending eps, damn i need season 2.. need more radio segment and all that crazy stuff... need more mizuho and minare...
Jun 20, 2020 4:12 AM

Jun 2019
That was maybe the weakest episode of the season but a satisfying ending. With a title like "I want to convey it to you" I expected something more. The only conveying of feelings we saw was Miss Tachibana talking to Nakahara in the park, which was quite sweet. Although it was better than trying and failing to wrap up all the emotional threads for everyone in one go that never works.

Overall I thoroughly relished each episode each week. The voice acting was great and Minare is one of those characters you either love or hate & I fell for her hard in the first few episodes. She's the kind of real life personality (harsh abrasive outer personality but with a softer core with a unique view of life who knows what she likes) that would have had me acting like a puppy in love as a teenager.

Final shout out to the music, the OP and ED (Pride the ED especially) are amazing. After watching an episode the ED is always playing in my head throughout the next week.
23feanorJun 20, 2020 4:19 AM
Jun 20, 2020 4:14 AM

Jun 2013
This series was something that I did not expect to like. I watched it on a whim and love all of the characters. I hope they come out with a second season because I want to follow their lives. :)
臭い-
Jun 20, 2020 4:32 AM
Jul 2018
Great characters and they really got through the sense of panic in trying to keep things going through the earthquake.

A very good adult show and i loved the way she would rant.
Jun 20, 2020 6:46 AM
𓆝 𓆟 𓆞

Apr 2020
This was good considering the fact I found it really boring in the beginning. Minare and her antics were so fun to watch! I absolutely loved her!

Definitely was not expecting an ending like this, I had left all hopes of this being wrapped up properly, but it was not bad at all.

The earthquake added a really sweet touch to the show, another interesting premise to an anime that had an interesting setup to begin with. It just goes on to show why Radio still matters, bringing people together when nothing else works. A beautiful ending to a beautiful show.

I remember when this show used to have a rating of 6.9, really happy to see it climb up to 7.4 now.

I don't think this would be much fun to binge, I guess watching it while it's airing helps to connect with the characters more and enjoy it a bit more.

It has been a beautiful journey with you Minare, hope to see you soon again
Jun 20, 2020 6:56 AM
Apr 2019
This show is a blast! It is one of the anime this season that I really enjoyed watching. All the humor and the plot itself was really interesting and relaxing to watch. It was a good way to end this series, and looking forward to season 2.
Jun 20, 2020 7:39 AM

Feb 2008
It was a fine way to conclude the series, completely unexpected. The series was an ode to radio, a highly enjoyable one.

See you, space cowboy.
Jun 20, 2020 7:50 AM
Sep 2015
Could this earthquake be deus ex machina?

Anyway, I like how restaurant manager is dating? with Tachibana's brother.
Jun 20, 2020 8:05 AM

Mar 2019
Anyone know what the insert song was called during this episode?
Jun 20, 2020 8:07 AM

Sep 2017
What a cool way to end it. My fav anime this season for sure. I'll def be picking up all the manga volumes as they release in English.
Jun 20, 2020 9:51 AM
Apr 2019
WHAT A GREAT EPISODE! I can't believe this show ends so fast.

"Koda Minare no NAMI YO KIITEKURE, HEEEEEEE!!!" I'll miss this words so much
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nami yo Kiitekure Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2020

131 by michidicchy »»
Oct 14, 11:38 PM

» How I should Read the Manga After the Anime?

LucasChristyan - Jun 20, 2020

4 by SakurakoMikage »»
Aug 7, 4:17 AM

Poll: » Nami yo Kiitekure Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2020

40 by FedeMetal »»
Feb 9, 3:05 PM

Poll: » Nami yo Kiitekure Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 15, 2020

48 by FedeMetal »»
Feb 7, 10:10 AM

Poll: » Nami yo Kiitekure Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2020

41 by RawrOMG »»
Nov 18, 2023 9:00 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.