Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 7, 2020 5:19 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah, it's back to some of the action again this episode. At least that green dragon isn't a CGI model this time.

It looks like Elise is also becoming more and more prominent as a character in this series. Shingo also demonstrates more of his talent from what he's learned. Same with Elise and her skills imo isn't to be underestimated.
May 7, 2020 6:05 AM

Feb 2019
Man time flies, can’t believe we’re already halfway through this season!

Something still feels really off with Alfred’s master. I get really bad vibes from him. Idk if it’s just his character design or his personality. Doesn’t feel like he’s “all in.” During both dragon fights he’s done nothing really and just always seems to be plotting something.

Elise is really adorable. She’s definitely made her mark in only two episodes and was the MVP of the monster battle. Despite being an arranged marriage setup, she and Well have some really good chemistry and can relate to each other a lot.

Well’s gone from single to 3 wives in a few weeks. Lucky man. I think it would’ve been cool if they didn’t go the harem route, but it’s a staple of the genre so can’t be too shocked

Really good episode. Did a nice job of giving Elise some shine and showing just what she means to the people, as well as showing how much Well means to her. Looking forward to next week
Marinate1016May 7, 2020 6:29 AM
May 7, 2020 6:39 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Wtf he is going to have 3 wives, it's not common to see a girl who is okay with an harem xD
May 7, 2020 6:42 AM
Sep 2015
Just 6 episodes and our hero is getting too comfortable in this isekai. The only real challenge he face is to eat bad breakfast in the first episode.
May 7, 2020 7:03 AM

Jul 2017
This episode truly lives up to its title: A bullet tour? Are you kidding me!? Insane pacing though.

WELL...the inevitable has come true: Wendelin is politically engaged to Elise, but he's still the pawn in the kingdom's hands.

Another mission to exterminate/slay another dragon (so much for being the Dragon Slayer) in the highlands, and not to mention that anyone hearing his name and forming an army would potentially be on the list.

Woah man, the chief magician Christoph Armstrong indeed IS strong, but to Shingo, this is nothing more than mere target practice and being an errand boy to being taught the life of nobles.

Good thing that Saint Elise is around as the "healer" though, the army's forces truly needed it, at the expense of her limited magic. But recognising that while Shingo is a hero by "status" and all else being an impostor, her strides really took a beating.

HAH too bad for Iina and Louise, their Operation Seduction kinda missed, but the idea of concubines, seems like Shingo has unconsciously made a harem for himself.

Still a very lackluster plot though (though I know being halfway now does little justice), and feel like this is like any other adventure RPG.
May 7, 2020 7:18 AM
Jan 2013
lol what's up with the official harem attitude, that sounded like some hentai shit
May 7, 2020 8:07 AM

Feb 2016
It's to be expected in nation-specific media but can't help cringing everytime they suck themselves off; over Japanese food/culture....it feels worse than even the legit propaganda/ads in GATE or the 'Japanese bath' side quest in every generic isekai ever.
May 7, 2020 8:20 AM

Jan 2014
Elise is pretty cute ngl. Only saving grace of today's ep.
May 7, 2020 8:33 AM

Apr 2009
I feel like I've been hit by that bullet tour in the title and it's all over the place just like the earlier episodes...uggh I don't want to rant so I will digress.

With your fiancée, add 2 more concubines to your harem with just "Then...okay, I guess." This is part of that bullet tour too, right? *sigh*
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
May 7, 2020 8:51 AM

Mar 2015
Wow, this may be an Anime record: a Harem was formed in about a minute and without ten episodes worth of shock, embarrassment and dithering.
The sword that takes life gives life
May 7, 2020 8:57 AM

Jun 2016
Poor adaptation of the original. Heroes have lost everything, intelligence, character, development and background. The search for friends at the beginning, the clown costume in the middle and the stupidity of the characters, this is what happens when seriousness is thrown out of the work and only jokes are added.
Only the shadow remained in adaptation from the original, unfortunately.
May 7, 2020 9:35 AM

Feb 2013
Top_Sergeant said:
Wow, this may be an Anime record: a Harem was formed in about a minute and without ten episodes worth of shock, embarrassment and dithering.

3 wives just like nothing

It not even cringe its funny its like just normal in there world
May 7, 2020 9:50 AM
May 2020
So they fought a massive number of enemies but shown none of it? The series was lacking a bit but I just thought "hey it's just a few episodes in" at the time so I stuck with it but wow.... The pacing is donkey manure. Like a time filler series they greenlit just to fill on air slots. Disappointing.
May 7, 2020 10:21 AM

May 2018
basically a PTW all the way................................................................................
May 7, 2020 10:34 AM

May 2009
Why is it going the harem way? I honestly thought he would just make the two other girls retainers or something, it would've been a lot better.
May 7, 2020 10:44 AM

Jan 2009
so sad no b-day event...
first new finance package is here,... another one to go.

@Marinate1016 in novel Alfred's master is old experienced mage with a lot of experience's as adventurer, his mana is lower than MC and other top mages as Armstrong, but his control over magic is top class in this world. He like to visit brothels and drink. (so experienced dirty old man)

About harem, why so easy, and why they are happy:
From other story's point of view he got two new wife's really easily. but in this story's politic climate they two could only get at best position of 4th concubine for baron or 3 wife for merchant who are past 40 years of age. so nowhere close to position of being legal wife of young high noble who is also mage and can still increase his noble rank. also they like him enough, to be happy about it. there are a lot of politic marriages in this world. (so story of poor getting into rich family)

also competition to become his wife is harsh, even Elise's position might not be enough to be his wife if her grandfather wasn't pope (Elise family rank is just a bit higher than knight).

He would already have +1 wife at this point if his "godfather" had daughter close to his age.
jack4sMay 7, 2020 10:53 AM
May 7, 2020 11:36 AM

Mar 2019
Welp .. I guess that's that! and the quality was worse than the last 5 episodes!
May 7, 2020 11:43 AM

Jan 2020
I guess its normal to have 3 waifus, in this era. I'm also sure they just cut the army fight scenes to save the budget for this show. Anyway, kinda cringe/10.
May 7, 2020 12:20 PM

Mar 2018
ShinyOppai said:
Welp .. I guess that's that! and the quality was worse than the last 5 episodes!

So I'm not the only one that actually noticed this... The animation of this episode took quite a dive.
Also wait, MC actually agreed now to concubines? Sigh... It's not looking good, 8th Son...

☆  PlayStation: KoitoTV
☆  Discord: Koito
☆  Twitch Koito
☆  @Koito91
May 7, 2020 12:22 PM
Sep 2015
Okay so... is anyone else having kinda off vibes about this anime? Like every scene is kinda awkward/forced for example he asks Elise about having concubines, she says i dont mind then the girls say we will marry you too and he says well okay then... I mean it feels kinda off somehow?
May 7, 2020 12:27 PM

Apr 2016
damn he has now 3 wifes
I expected to see them fight the monsters but noo.. shame

May 7, 2020 12:34 PM

Mar 2019
Koito91 said:
ShinyOppai said:

So I'm not the only one that actually noticed this... The animation of this episode took quite a dive.
Also wait, MC actually agreed now to concubines? Sigh... It's not looking good, 8th Son...

Yeah ..

I think who ever wrote the story was like fuck it.. cuz Honestly the setting was alright! and the female characters were actually good w/o needing the whole Harem plot.. although it's not gonna happen but I hope next time they are not gonna start fawning on him since he agreed on the whole concubine thing since they had ulterior motives for being his concubines in the first place.
May 7, 2020 1:21 PM
May 2017
Gonna drop after watching the harem route 😑😑😑
May 7, 2020 1:31 PM

Aug 2013
Shingo got three wives now. I don't know why but I found the scene quite funny.

Too bad we didn't see the battle against the monsters.

May 7, 2020 2:17 PM
Nov 2014
- Elise want to know more about the MC =>Where is the conversation?How did their view the MC? =>iT iS a ChaRaTeR DeVelOpMenT sO wE SKIP!!!!

- The army => Wait, didn't they just say they will do it with only 3 people? where does the army coming from?

- Elise come to his camp and missed MC because he went to the near the dragon cave => He was there? where? when? I don't see him at all in the last 3 minutes from those random army at the gate to the camp + army.

- Where is Dragon the fighting part? that muscle man do all the work and just 1 spell of the MC kill the dragon? Usually it took 1/2 ep for that part and they did in 3 minutes

- From 14-minute onward, the pacing is back to normal speed and it is nice to see Elise DOES SOMETHING and have a super small character development.

I have Index 3 flashback after watching this ep. This show from decent just drop to terrible after 1 ep.
on154288May 7, 2020 2:39 PM
May 7, 2020 2:17 PM

Jul 2014
Okay, I wasn't expecting that last scene. I don't know, it was so sudden, I would have liked to see more of their seduction plan or just see them interact a little more with the MC before they became his concubines. And Well accepting so easily made it even weirder. Not that I'm against it tho, I like when a show isn't just harem by name and really goes that route but, I think they could have done it better.

The first scene was also weird, Elise went to talk about Well but they skipped the talk. Usually we see this kind of scene later as a flashback but here it went nowhere ¯\_( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)_/¯

Rushed episode but at least one thing is for sure, Elise is best girl.
SkyLETVMay 7, 2020 2:54 PM
May 7, 2020 2:46 PM

Aug 2014
The directing was kinda random in this episode. Still a decent episode tbf.
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
May 7, 2020 2:49 PM

Nov 2016
This episode is fuckin trash. No action, just 2 spells, literally 0 figh scenes against every other monster, the whole thing about Elise healing the bad animated people is awfull and awkawrd af since she is just looking at then without saying a single thing. And the concuvines thing is also awfull
and cringe
AlvaritoterreosMay 7, 2020 4:57 PM
May 7, 2020 2:56 PM

Dec 2016
ShinyOppai said:
Koito91 said:

Yeah ..

I think who ever wrote the story was like fuck it.. cuz Honestly the setting was alright! and the female characters were actually good w/o needing the whole Harem plot.. although it's not gonna happen but I hope next time they are not gonna start fawning on him since he agreed on the whole concubine thing since they had ulterior motives for being his concubines in the first place.

But overall from their perspective them becoming wives/concubines is the best outcome (politically). They literally can't achieve higher status than William's "partners" without killing dragon themself or getting married to somone with higher status.
So this wasn't lazy/poor writing.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.106/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.186/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.104/? - weekly) | Machi and Oboro (Ch.13/? - biweekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.76/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
May 7, 2020 3:06 PM

Jul 2014
It's so bad I can't even hate it. Asking "hey, wanna hook up" being the entirety of The Great Harem Seduction Plot is pretty realistic for hot chicks. It's almost refreshing to not have the female-phobic muppet whinge for 12 episodes and resolve nothing.
May 7, 2020 3:52 PM
Anime Cat

Aug 2017
Looks like the studio try to avoid huge animation.

Well, it's good at some point but it's make me disappointed.

And what make me more disappointed, is the fact that the MC easily agreed the idea of 3 wives. Not even because of lust, he just agreed with it. This show is going downhill. Drop incoming, unless something good happen in next episode.
May 7, 2020 4:06 PM

Mar 2019
Do you want a harem ? Ok
P E R F E C T
May 7, 2020 4:12 PM

Feb 2012
The first several episodes of this series was really promising, and then it started to feel like a lot of things were being skipped, to move the story along. I assumed that they had wanted to get to the battle scenes, to put more time and effort on those.

Nope.

Turns out, there was a massive battle, against hordes of monsters, but why show the viewers that when we can poorly animate a little priest girls' concerns instead?

This is worse than generic isekai trash because it completely gives up on any attempt at originality.

Sorry, not sorry. Dropped.
"The speck of fear grows in your eyes
You'll meet your death in no disguise
It may come as a small surprise
There will be no compromise for you"

- Nikopol Lyrics, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
May 7, 2020 5:01 PM

Jan 2009
SkyLETV said:
Okay, I wasn't expecting that last scene. I don't know, it was so sudden, I would have liked to see more of their seduction plan or just see them interact a little more with the MC before they became his concubines. And Well accepting so easily made it even weirder. Not that I'm against it tho, I like when a show isn't just harem by name and really goes that route but, I think they could have done it better.

The first scene was also weird, Elise went to talk about Well but they skipped the talk. Usually we see this kind of scene later as a flashback but here it went nowhere ¯\_( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)_/¯

Rushed episode but at least one thing is for sure, Elise is best girl.

in LN there is birthday event, when he officially made them into his fiancés (at this point both of them were already his retainer's). You can guess what b-day present those two made for him, based on desire to become his concubine (throw special guide book into mix).
Also elise was told next day and she said ok, since they are on good term's and with their help she has more power to reject new wife candidates. (and she knows that more candidates are on the way)
May 7, 2020 6:32 PM

Jul 2014
jack4s said:

in LN there is birthday event, when he officially made them into his fiancés (at this point both of them were already his retainer's). You can guess what b-day present those two made for him, based on desire to become his concubine (throw special guide book into mix).
Also elise was told next day and she said ok, since they are on good term's and with their help she has more power to reject new wife candidates. (and she knows that more candidates are on the way)

Yeah, that sounds a lot better than what we got, shame :/
May 7, 2020 7:19 PM
Jan 2017
I liked how the episode moved away from the big action scenes and instead focused on Elise's attempts to heal injured soldiers. Even if the episode didn't deliver a lot of action, it compensated with character development. I'm really enjoying the development of Well and Elise's relationship. If nothing else, I can enjoy this show for the romance between Well and Elise and the difficulties of nobility in a fantasy land.
May 7, 2020 9:18 PM

Sep 2015
Are any of you watching this show without being high af?
May 8, 2020 12:22 AM

Nov 2019
PoisonedTea said:
Top_Sergeant said:

Lol wym in their world? ever heard of Genghis Khan? Or Muslims?
May 8, 2020 2:24 AM
Dec 2011
ShinyOppai said:

I didn’t even know that was possible... but this episode moved so fast I genuinely thought I skipped something a few times. It feels like the production staff want this to be done just as quickly as I do.
May 8, 2020 2:30 AM
Dec 2011
HeroVladimir93 said:
I liked how the episode moved away from the big action scenes and instead focused on Elise's attempts to heal injured soldiers. Even if the episode didn't deliver a lot of action, it compensated with character development. I'm really enjoying the development of Well and Elise's relationship. If nothing else, I can enjoy this show for the romance between Well and Elise and the difficulties of nobility in a fantasy land.

1. They’re 12
2. He agrees to marry her as joke
3. It just somehow works out

Where exactly is the character and story development in that...?
May 8, 2020 2:40 AM

Aug 2017
1. Seriously 1 fiance and 2 concubines.
2. Why no fighting scenes againsts the dragons.
3. Why am I disappointed...
4. Its annoying cuz i have to finish this one.

May 8, 2020 3:29 AM
Apr 2020
those 2 girls are basically gold diggers at this point

they only want to to be his cocubine to live the easy life and not because they like him

yuck
May 8, 2020 3:47 AM

Oct 2017
Elisse and Well had sweet moments in this episode. Also lol wth did he just made a harem just like that, oh well fine I guess.
May 8, 2020 4:21 AM

Feb 2013
YggdraSEED said:
PoisonedTea said:

Its not the same. In those cultures women belong to there husband. That is not what they imply in this world.
May 8, 2020 5:42 AM
Review Moderator
Book Princess

Nov 2018
I don't think that polygamy is inherently evil, but I do wish that it was presented with some level of conflict. Coming from a religious tradition where the introduction and later ending of the practice of polygamy were both big issues, it's really taken too lightly in this episode for my taste. You could argue that is just a facet of it being introduced into a monogamist culture, and I wouldn't say that's an invalid argument, but I don't think it fully negates the argument. Any permanent relationship involving sex takes significant commitment, and the level of commitment and potential for difficulty is not simplified by including more than two people in the commitment.
Every day you can read a book or watch some anime is a good day!
May 8, 2020 8:02 AM

Nov 2019
PoisonedTea said:
YggdraSEED said:

Its not the same. In those cultures women belong to there husband. That is not what they imply in this world.

It is the same dude, polygamy, same thing, if you think I'm wrong elaborate on the difference
May 8, 2020 8:56 AM

Apr 2017
I'm into harem business and stuff but that was so cringe when Elise was so kind and loving and some girls who were always trying to get a better place told Ichinomiya

- let us be your wives as well.

and he was just like mhm no problem.

I liked harem in smartphone isekai it was made smarter there
May 8, 2020 10:15 AM

Mar 2018
The so called "dragon" didn't even fight back and the other monsters were nowhere to be seen. And the last scene is just....

This is turning into complete trash.
May 8, 2020 10:35 AM

Aug 2018
So they basically vendored us an epic battle, with a chaotic frontline from which many soldiers came back injured to the point they needed the intervention of Saint Elise. And yet we didn't even get to watch a single glimpse of this battle what the hell...

Only thing we saw was a very quick and cheap fight of high tier mages party which basically turned into a brawl. I just wanted to see the most "interesting" part, the monsters coming up in numbers. At the moment he said something like "remember what killed your master", I truly expected something epic to happen but no, let's show 'em Elise and random soldiers.
May 8, 2020 11:58 AM
Oct 2018
I've said it before, and i say it again. They are rushing the story forward way to much so they can cram as many volums from LN into 1 season. It's so stupid. I was so happy when i heard this story was gonna get an anime adaptation, and i belive if this had been done rigth, they could have made many seasons in the future. But no, the studio just had to destroy it by rushing the story and add stupid gags like the clown costume (which made no sense at all in the story). Instead they could have focused more on the characters and the world building (honestly what carries this story in the novel is these 2 points and the political intrigue).

And also, one of my favorite scenes from the series got cut out for some bullshit replacment. The scene and buildup to when Ina and Louise get accepted as concubines is one of my favorite scenes in the series. It really shows off Louise from a funny standpoint and establish her as the comedic outlet so much better. Honestly the anime have completly failed to portray my favorite character in Louise. Really wish this series could have been done by a decent studio, but now that will never happen, and we will never get a good adaptation of this series. Really sad
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hachi-nan tte, Sore wa Nai deshou! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2020

100 by kurooganeko »»
Oct 19, 6:01 PM

» I take it this will be a heavy "go check manga/LN", it's been jarring to watch.

TheJuiceBox - May 28, 2020

8 by SakurakoMikage »»
Jul 10, 8:33 PM

Poll: » Hachi-nan tte, Sore wa Nai deshou! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2020

76 by TicuuGoBoom »»
Jul 9, 8:38 PM

Poll: » Hachi-nan tte, Sore wa Nai deshou! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 23, 2020

64 by amf85 »»
Apr 1, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Hachi-nan tte, Sore wa Nai deshou! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2020

120 by Juggy_don »»
Feb 9, 5:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.