Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 24, 2020 12:20 PM

Jan 2017
It is great and fits Ghost in the Shell SAC perfectly

Please listen to the entirety of the original SAC soundtracks and explain to me how SAC 2045's music isn't totally stylistically in line with the rest of the SAC series
Apr 24, 2020 12:36 PM

Nov 2016
Too cheesy, don't like it(and yes, I got it)

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 24, 2020 12:50 PM

Jun 2014
I hate the op, and you know what? I actually like the show.
The music is not my type at all, the visual is kinda boring, basically a less shocking and over all inferior remake of the opening of Mamoru Oshii's 1995 GitS movie.

Had the op been a better representation of the show, there might be less backlash on the internet when it was first released.

I mean, I know that Origa is gone and Yoko Kanno retired, but this is what giving up sounds like.
Apr 24, 2020 1:35 PM

Oct 2014
garyborken said:
I hate the op, and you know what? I actually like the show.
The music is not my type at all, the visual is kinda boring, basically a less shocking and over all inferior remake of the opening of Mamoru Oshii's 1995 GitS movie.

Had the op been a better representation of the show, there might be less backlash on the internet when it was first released.

I mean, I know that Origa is gone and Yoko Kanno retired, but this is what giving up sounds like.

The show was bound to get backlash regardless of the OP. It's ugly.
Apr 24, 2020 1:38 PM
Aug 2018
it's absolute garbage it in no way represents any aspect of ghost in the shell. It's an insult to the franchise.
Apr 24, 2020 1:40 PM
Aug 2018
garyborken said:

The show was bound to get backlash regardless of the OP. It's ugly.

no shit.. i'm guessing netflix just wanted to leech off the franchise's popularity and cut as many corners as possible to cash in while they could.
Apr 24, 2020 1:45 PM

Oct 2009
I'll talk about it, I don't like it.

Origa died years ago, and Yoko Kanno isn't involved so we were never going to get the OP a third season of SAC should deserve but even so, this ain't it.

And visually it's just retreading the 1995 movie's assembly sequence except less interesting to look at and in CG.

Inner Universe had that unfortunate 3DCG animation, but Rise was a great OP song and had a great animation to go with it.
Apr 24, 2020 1:54 PM

May 2015
Music aside, It reminds me a lot of Westworld.
Apr 24, 2020 2:16 PM
Jan 2016
I actually love the Opening song... I think it fits perfectly with the tone they were trying to make.
Apr 24, 2020 2:17 PM

Jun 2016
The soundtrack's pretty good but the opening theme is garbage, I don't like that type of music. The opening animation is cool but it's just a worse version of the movie opening
El-Melloi said:
Music aside, It reminds me a lot of Westworld.

When I watched westworld's opening credits I was reminded of the original ghost in the shell's opening. Probably an homage.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Apr 24, 2020 2:45 PM

Jan 2017
Alright, so I'm talking mostly about the MUSIC and not the VISUALS of the opening.
Yoko Kanno definitely worked with similar styles on the original SAC soundtracks as those heard in this opening (jazz, funk, hip hop [yes she did, listen to "Get 9" for a straight up rap verse]).

I just want you guys to maybe see that Kamiyama and Aramaki absolutely know what they're doing with this show, at least in keeping the same musical spirit.
Apr 24, 2020 4:11 PM

Mar 2019
I'm digging the show. I like the ED and soundtrack. But, I really dislike the OP. I'm open to something different, but this track is annoying. I'm not asking for Origa/Kanno or Cornelius... The track is just corny.
Apr 24, 2020 6:09 PM

Jan 2017
poemofdevil said:
I'm digging the show. I like the ED and soundtrack. But, I really dislike the OP. I'm open to something different, but this track is annoying. I'm not asking for Origa/Kanno or Cornelius... The track is just corny.

Can you explain what specific aspect(s) of the song make it feel corny to you?
Apr 24, 2020 8:23 PM

Mar 2019
The lyircs... Yes, I know I'm setting myself up when we've had stuff like "She's incredible math"... And the singing, I guess. I just don't feel it.

It's not as if my opinion is law or anything. You or anyone else that likes it shouldn't feel ashamed for liking it. I just personally wish I could have liked it as much as I did with the other OPs which would get me pumped for the next episode.
Apr 24, 2020 8:34 PM

Jan 2015
the lyrics of the show do fit theme of the story (money), so it fits that way.
Apr 25, 2020 1:22 AM

Jun 2014
popsicle1290 said:

no shit.. i'm guessing netflix just wanted to leech off the franchise's popularity and cut as many corners as possible to cash in while they could.

You are quoting the wrong person.
Apr 25, 2020 1:58 AM

Jun 2014
orewagomi said:
Alright, so I'm talking mostly about the MUSIC and not the VISUALS of the opening.
Yoko Kanno definitely worked with similar styles on the original SAC soundtracks as those heard in this opening (jazz, funk, hip hop [yes she did, listen to "Get 9" for a straight up rap verse]).

"Get 9" was not event part of my memory of SAC's original two season, before you mentioned it.
When I think of SAC's music, I think of the two OPs and "I do",
And if ask me about the more subtle BGM, I think of "I can't be cool" or "Torukia",
those are what I think are representative of SAC's music.

I just want you guys to maybe see that Kamiyama and Aramaki absolutely know what they're doing with this show, at least in keeping the same musical spirit.

I doubt that they have control on that aspect. I also don't think they are infallible,
they already allowed Ilya Kuvshinov on board as character design.
garyborkenApr 25, 2020 2:36 AM
Apr 25, 2020 2:11 AM

Jun 2016
I tried to listen more closely to the music and it's more blade runner than old SAC. A lot of vangelis CS80 sweeps and fast basslines.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Apr 25, 2020 2:27 AM

Apr 2014
The music of SAC_2045 fits into the world setting, and in terms of genre, it kind of not that different from beloved original music.

But, (there's always gonna be a "but")

While the current music are just ok, there's no score particularly outstanding either. This makes all the difference.

Kanno Yōko’s music always standout, every time(so does Kenji Kawai).
Apr 25, 2020 4:06 AM
Jun 2019
The Visuals were nice...its like Westworld's OP.The music is not fitting,its sounds like some random unknown cheap song was thrown at it...hmmm.
Apr 25, 2020 7:04 AM
Jan 2015
agree. Music was good and visuals were outstanding
Apr 25, 2020 8:33 AM

Apr 2020
I liked the song but the visuals were both boring and ADD at the same time. I think something similar to the ending visuals would look better. Show off some of the action of the show rather than focusing on one thing the whole time.
Apr 25, 2020 10:36 AM

Jan 2017
poemofdevil said:
The lyircs... Yes, I know I'm setting myself up when we've had stuff like "She's incredible math"... And the singing, I guess. I just don't feel it.

It's not as if my opinion is law or anything. You or anyone else that likes it shouldn't feel ashamed for liking it. I just personally wish I could have liked it as much as I did with the other OPs which would get me pumped for the next episode.

Yeah that's totally fair, everyone's inclination to enjoying certain styles is gonna be different.
I really agree with Frozenkex though
Frozenkex said:
the lyrics of the show do fit theme of the story (money), so it fits that way.

What's so interesting to me about SAC 2045 is the setup of a world with an absolutely demolished economy. How does a world work like that? Well, even a global simultaneous default won't stop money from making the world go 'round.

IMO, Ghost in the Shell has always been a cheesy and pulpy police procedural. But its strength comes in all the interesting themes and ideas that the writers who jump on the franchise bring to it. I personally see that combination of interesting concepts and cheesy genre trappings in SAC 2045's opening. That's what makes it feel like Ghost in the Shell to me.
I know Mamoru Oshii made the franchise seem super serious, but the original manga was silly and cheesy in its own unique way while putting forth crazy concepts and themes.
Apr 25, 2020 10:48 AM

Jan 2017
garyborken said:
orewagomi said:

"Get 9" was not event part of my memory of SAC's original two season, before you mentioned it.
When I think of SAC's music, I think of the two OPs and "I do",
And if ask me about the more subtle BGM, I think of "I can't be cool" or "Torukia",
those are what I think are representative of SAC's music.

That's a totally fair interpretation of what sounds like SAC. I love all those tracks you mentioned and they're totally a big part of SAC's identity, but to me there's the equally important cheesy and aggressive side of the soundtrack in tracks like "Run Rabbit Junk." Honestly, there's pretty distinct similarities between the vocal performance on that and SAC 2045's opening, as well as the hip-hop influenced beat mixed with distorted guitars and synths.

Anyway, I kinda outlined in my previous post why I think the cheesy side of Ghost in the Shell is just as important.

But I get if you don't like music with these particular cheesy genre trappings. Thing is, if you look past the surface, the SAC 2045 OP has some really interesting stuff going on with the composition and production. If a cheesy pop song also has interesting composition or production behind it I PeRsOnAlLy will really enjoy it. Not to mention, the lyrics play into the themes of the show like Frozenkex said which is super cool
orewagomiApr 25, 2020 10:59 AM
Apr 25, 2020 11:13 AM

Feb 2010
It's growing on me but the visuals are boring up until the very end.
Apr 25, 2020 10:57 PM

Oct 2010
garyborken said:
Yoko Kanno retired,

uh...she didn't retire lol. Just last year she wrote a piece for the Emperor... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoko_Kanno#Works_on_Imperial_commission

She's been doing soundtracks for TV shows and movies.
Apr 25, 2020 11:50 PM

Apr 2014
Kougeru said:
garyborken said:
Yoko Kanno retired,

uh...she didn't retire lol. Just last year she wrote a piece for the Emperor... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoko_Kanno#Works_on_Imperial_commission

She's been doing soundtracks for TV shows and movies.

she basically gradually "fade out" from the industry. Her last work for anime is 2014, nearly 6 years ago. (2012 for video games, 2015 for films). That's why he would suggest she's like retirement(although not fully yet).
Apr 28, 2020 11:47 AM
Apr 28, 2020 11:55 AM

Apr 2012
Pretty dicey song imho but in this age of general memery, what can one expect? The faithful continuation of the franchise sound-design? Only the reminder that as serious as you were, you had been watching silly cartoons all along. Money makes the world go round.

*drops the mic*
Apr 28, 2020 10:51 PM

Oct 2010
Did I hear correctly? Last line of the op he says "it's full of shit" encapsulates sac-2045 perfectly.
Apr 29, 2020 8:39 AM

Mar 2019
Catalano said:
Did I hear correctly? Last line of the op he says "it's full of shit" encapsulates sac-2045 perfectly.

No.

https://www.lyrical-nonsense.com/lyrics/millennium-parade-ghost-in-the-shell-sac-2045/fly-with-me/

Looks like your ears are full of shit.
Apr 29, 2020 8:55 AM

Oct 2010
poemofdevil said:
Catalano said:

No.

https://www.lyrical-nonsense.com/lyrics/millennium-parade-ghost-in-the-shell-sac-2045/fly-with-me/

Looks like your ears are full of shit.

kinda disappointed now that I read the lyrics
Apr 29, 2020 7:07 PM
Dec 2014
I like this opening because it describes the current state of the show perfectly. "Money make the world go 'round", if that ain't how this shitshow got made then I don't know.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koukaku Kidoutai: SAC_2045 Episode 5 Discussion

MegamiRem - Apr 24, 2020

11 by abystoma2 »»
Nov 15, 2023 1:37 PM

Poll: » Koukaku Kidoutai: SAC_2045 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

SteelingMax - Apr 23, 2020

57 by abystoma2 »»
Nov 14, 2023 3:42 AM

» This series got way too much hate

Tyrannicswine117 - Feb 21, 2021

26 by SametTakao »»
Nov 9, 2023 4:33 AM

Poll: » Koukaku Kidoutai: SAC_2045 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Tsarko - Apr 24, 2020

59 by Shawn_Shambley »»
Jul 9, 2023 6:38 AM

Poll: » Koukaku Kidoutai: SAC_2045 Episode 11 Discussion

MegamiRem - Apr 25, 2020

11 by naturalbrawler »»
Jun 3, 2023 11:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.