Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 14, 2020 6:15 AM

Dec 2017
The plot's going somewhat differently when compared to the game, and I think I prefer the game version's direction by quite a margin unfortunately.

Will still keep watching but it's really very weird.
Apr 14, 2020 6:24 AM
May 2015
im actually fine with the small fanbase that this anime gathers so that the peeps that actually know how to appreciate this work will keep supporting it instead of going viral and gain lots of cancerous fanbase instead, call me elitist or whatsoever, i dont care

so guys, just dont mind the score, in the end it's just a score, a number

just keep watching it if you like it
Apr 14, 2020 6:45 AM

Aug 2012
Who wrote this garbage? The jokes are not funny, the MC is just a crash dummy, Pecorine is supposed to use a sword but uses it as a wand, everybody is a princess.....
Apr 14, 2020 7:16 AM

Nov 2012
Sondfer said:
So that one joke (about soap) was a Konosuba reference?

Loved that, it was so hilarious

My Candies:

Apr 14, 2020 7:20 AM
May 2016
Love this, can't believe the criticism here. The girls are too cute, and the action is great, and the Konosuba-esque wackiness just makes it all that much better.
Apr 14, 2020 7:53 AM

May 2019
A prety cute, chill show to watch at 1am lmao. I like it.

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Apr 14, 2020 9:23 AM

Nov 2018
Dariat said:
Tougen said:
Eh tryed seeing if it would improve...but this is as generic as it gets, if anyone ever asks for proff of how the origininality in animes is dying, point them towards this show.

Hard drop, sadly its not possible to give it a 0/10

You gave Danmachi a 1 and Bofuri and Reincarnated as a slime a 2. Your opinion can't be taken seriously

If you hate isekai so much then watch something else

I dont hate isekais, if you where not stupid and even had the trouble to go through my list to say garbage you would have realised i ratted some very high, like re:zero and konosuba....what i hate is unninspired, dull and stupid harem fests with op protagonists and or op heroines that happens in the same european world with a fucking maoh and everything, konosuba even makes fun of this settings by making everyone in it, including the demon generals dumb as fuck.
Danmachi is garbage, the white haired kirito dont deserve a bigger score than 0 and anyone that likes high school of the dead, cant realy say anything about scores.
TougenApr 14, 2020 9:47 AM
Apr 14, 2020 9:50 AM
Aug 2019
Tougen said:
Dikicchi said:

originality? this anime is game adaptation. And it did a good job.

Its not original because there are dozens of copy pasted storys such as this one, be it from a slime perspective, be it from a retarded guy with a smarth phone, hell, on this season there is another one of these shows that manages to be even worse than this one.

Its adapting an unnoriginal, bland, lazy story soo adapting it well wont make it less unnoriginal, bland or lazy, garbage isekais are not original but they are also adapted from somewhere, in their case its from novels most of the time.

Wait this is an isekai? Did ever specify that he was from a different world? Isn't it just a fantasy world with a RPG like setting?
Apr 14, 2020 9:51 AM

Nov 2018
Dikicchi said:
Tougen said:

Its not original because there are dozens of copy pasted storys such as this one, be it from a slime perspective, be it from a retarded guy with a smarth phone, hell, on this season there is another one of these shows that manages to be even worse than this one.

Its adapting an unnoriginal, bland, lazy story soo adapting it well wont make it less unnoriginal, bland or lazy, garbage isekais are not original but they are also adapted from somewhere, in their case its from novels most of the time.

So you'll just generalize every isekai as shit without give them chance or analyze overall quality. Y should realize this anime is about cute girl doing cute things in relaxing theme with nice animation and ost. If you can't enjoy or nor appreciate that, just because the story isn't in your high standard or expectation, it's fine. That means this anime isn't for you.

But rating the story as low as possible without realizing the plus point just because it doesn't suit your taste is no different than little kid rate a horror anime as low as possible because it makes the kid scared.

Look at how i didnt complain about it being an isekai, i complained about it having lazy and bland story writting comparable to bland isekais " this anime is about cute girl doing cute things ", see? you do understand that it has lazy and bland storywritting, its generic, its common, in this season alone theres another isekai show that does the same, i never thought i would say that, but even while having a kirito clone as a protagonist, it manages to have a protagonist with more personality than the one in here.....he may be a pathetic kirito clone, but at least he talks, and dosent just scream randomly like Link.
TougenApr 14, 2020 10:02 AM
Apr 14, 2020 9:56 AM

Nov 2018
idonno said:
Tougen said:

Wait this is an isekai? Did ever specify that he was from a different world? Isn't it just a fantasy world with a RPG like setting?

Never said it was, just compared it to garbage tier isekais that have an op protagonist...I mean, amnesiac protagonist is just as lazy and unnoriginal as a OP protagonist that came from japan. But since they are the ones calling it an isekai, from all i know this might as well be a damn isekai.
TougenApr 14, 2020 10:00 AM
Apr 14, 2020 10:39 AM
Mar 2020
Tougen said:
Eh tryed seeing if it would improve...but this is as generic as it gets, if anyone ever asks for proff of how the origininality in animes is dying, point them towards this show.

No offense but why are you rating animes that aren't finished? surely you need to give it a chance, the main characters have only just been introduced and after looking at your completed list and seeing the shows you watch I don't understand why you have even started watching this one? It doesn't seem like your taste
but rather than dropping this why don't you stick with it? See how it goes now that we have met the main characters, I'm also really shocked that you thought konosuba was really good yet you've not really given this anime a chance when it was directed by the same guy

I hope you don't think I've been rude, I just don't think it's right to slate an anime when you haven't given it a chance and when you haven't really seen the anime nor have we learnt the plot yet. We've just met the characters just like in Konosuba where we were given two or three episodes to meat the main characters
Apr 14, 2020 11:08 AM

May 2018
Tougen said:

Danmachi is garbage, the white haired kirito dont deserve a bigger score than 0 and anyone that likes high school of the dead, cant realy say anything about scores.

So why do you even start watching ecchi/harem shows if you don't like this type of genre? So you can rate them as low as possible?

Either way, judging by the scores you give to shows you seem to hate anime a lot. You can go watch movies instead
Apr 14, 2020 1:22 PM
Dec 2012
Xenocrisi said:
Why is no one talking about the production values? The animation and visuals are hella good for such a goofy show

I’m really enjoying this series

I prefer to think that moe goofiness is a bait for new audience. The original story is pretty intense, let's see if they get to it.
Apr 14, 2020 1:35 PM

Feb 2019

This was a profoundly more irritating episode than the first, although is continuing to sideline the supposed protagonist. Seriously, I'm not sure he even had five lines this week, and at least two of them were "Mmhmm," and "Agh!" He spends most of the episode staring blankly like they're carting around and enslaved to a strangely dressed log. I'm legitimately not sure that any character besides the slave elf even directly speaks to him at any point in this episode. It's better than him being a sad sack or taking any focus, but it begs the question as to why he exists at all??? It'd be quite a twist if he was eventually revealed to be a sack of flour that she's carting around and everybody feels too bad for the clearly mentally damaged idiot to say otherwise.
Apr 14, 2020 1:43 PM
Jul 2015
SoraSenpai said:

Hehe
X Mouth is life :D

Apr 14, 2020 2:22 PM

Nov 2018
Dariat said:
Tougen said:

So why do you even start watching ecchi/harem shows if you don't like this type of genre? So you can rate them as low as possible?

Either way, judging by the scores you give to shows you seem to hate anime a lot. You can go watch movies instead

The fact that you dont even know how to rate anything, dosent mean i hate everything, i dont mind echii or harem, fool, if you are gonna go looking into my list at least do a better job at it. The problem with echii and harem focused shows is that they often have a terrible story AND characters.

As to why i tryed watching this...How will i know if its good or bad unless i try to watch it? We are on quarantine, might as well try to watch the new shows, and that dosent go just for me, why do you think it has the score it has even with mindless rampaging fanboys such as you? Why are you soo damn salty about my score, this show dosent deserve nor will it get a high MAL score, deal with it.

EDIT=Just a side note, but seeing this having a lower score than Kuutei Dragons(wich is NOT a great show btw) pleases me greatly, specialy after seeing you soo mad over MAL scores and how you rated it a 1 and droped it in the first episode, you know, kinda like i did on this one... You have no right to criticize anyone over anything.

@Sakura1302
Whats the problem in rating them before they are finished? If someone can alredy rate this a 9 or 10, then why shouldnt people be able to rate it a 1 or a 2? Thats precisely why i started it, same director. But this dosent hold a candle near konosuba, its actualy painfull to watch, i feel like it deserves the lowest score possible, and thats why i gave it, the protagonist usualy is meant to move the story, this one, he barely even talks and when he does he appears to be even more mentaly damaged than when he is just being the quiet idiot.
TougenApr 14, 2020 2:35 PM
Apr 14, 2020 2:26 PM

Sep 2008
that was the fastest point loss I have seen. from 7/10 with potential to 3/10 for shit art. holy crap it went from movie quality to godawful. I'm so sad, I really wanted this to be good.
馬鹿げた倫理 全部ガラクタで
Apr 14, 2020 2:46 PM
Mar 2020
Tougen said:
Dariat said:

The fact that you dont even know how to rate anything, dosent mean i hate everything, i dont mind echii or harem, fool, if you are gonna go looking into my list at least do a better job at it. The problem with echii and harem focused shows is that they often have a terrible story AND characters.

As to why i tryed watching this...How will i know if its good or bad unless i try to watch it? We are on quarantine, might as well try to watch the new shows, and that dosent go just for me, why do you think it has the score it has even with mindless rampaging fanboys such as you? Why are you soo damn salty about my score, this show dosent deserve nor will it get a high MAL score, deal with it.

EDIT=Just a side note, but seeing this having a lower score than Kuutei Dragons(wich is NOT a great show btw) pleases me greatly, specialy after seeing you soo mad over MAL scores and how you rated it a 1 and droped it in the first episode, you know, kinda like i did on this one... You have no right to criticize anyone over anything.

@Sakura1302
Whats the problem in rating them before they are finished? If someone can alredy rate this a 9 or 10, then why shouldnt people be able to rate it a 1 or a 2? Thats precisely why i started it, same director. But this dosent hold a candle near konosuba, its actualy painfull to watch, i feel like it deserves the lowest score possible, and thats why i gave it, the protagonist usualy is meant to move the story, this one, he barely even talks and when he does he appears to be even more mentaly damaged than when he is just being the quiet idiot.

I don't think anyone should rate any anime until it is finished, unless you drop it, even if its a ten or a one because sometimes the ending can make or break an anime

The fact that the protagonist isn't moving the anime along is unique, so you've contradicted yourself saying that this idea is unoriginal. Besides, whats wrong with the protagonist being mentally damaged? I think that is rather accurate when you start off in a new world and you've been shot into the ground, if he doesn't know anything and is brain damaged then he wouldn't know how to talk and such... again, I've not seen an anime do that and it is unique. Also, in Konosuba the main protagonist doesn't move the anime along either, he wants to stop in his quest to defeat the devil king, it's actually Aqua who wants to go back to the heavens so, again you have contradicted yourself and that confuses me as to what your argument is

(again, I'm not trying to be rude I'm just trying to have a nice conversation and understand where you are coming from and trying to show other people the good qualities of this anime you know)
Apr 14, 2020 3:00 PM
May 2018
I just noticed that this anime only has 4 characters listed and the MC is not one of them
Apr 14, 2020 3:09 PM

Nov 2018
Sakura1302 said:
Tougen said:

@Sakura1302

I don't think anyone should rate any anime until it is finished, unless you drop it, even if its a ten or a one because sometimes the ending can make or break an anime

The fact that the protagonist isn't moving the anime along is unique, so you've contradicted yourself saying that this idea is unoriginal. Besides, whats wrong with the protagonist being mentally damaged? I think that is rather accurate when you start off in a new world and you've been shot into the ground, if he doesn't know anything and is brain damaged then he wouldn't know how to talk and such... again, I've not seen an anime do that and it is unique. Also, in Konosuba the main protagonist doesn't move the anime along either, he wants to stop in his quest to defeat the devil king, it's actually Aqua who wants to go back to the heavens so, again you have contradicted yourself and that confuses me as to what your argument is

(again, I'm not trying to be rude I'm just trying to have a nice conversation and understand where you are coming from and trying to show other people the good qualities of this anime you know)

Well, i did drop it. And no, in my oppinion it just means he dosent have a presence, if you want to make a show about cute girls having adventures, then what would be the need to introduce a useless protagonist whose presence dosent have add anything to the plot? Characters like these are bland, lazily writen and boring, just make one of the girls the princess knight or warever, or even make all 3 of them it, and be done with it. Having a self-insert protagonist with high degree autism is fun? Its just annoying, realy.

You didnt realy understand Konosuba if you are saying that, aqua begs for him to do that, because she is useless and cant do anything by herself, wich is funny...thats one of the character interations that make Konosuba great, also Kazuma is definely a character thats a part of that group...here the protagonist barely talks, much less interacts with anyone. Dont compare knosuba to this garbage.

Dont worry, im not mad or anything, i have a rude way of talking but i dont mind this conversation at all, we difer oppions and thats normal....The other guy is the one that pisses me off due to his hipocrisy.
Apr 14, 2020 3:26 PM

May 2018
Tougen said:

Not the same, sorry. The only reason reason i gave it that score is because it's basically whale hunting in the sky
Apr 14, 2020 4:15 PM
Mar 2020
[quote=Tougen message=59585628][quote=Sakura1302 message=59585444][quote=Tougen message=59585294]
Dariat said:

Well, i did drop it. And no, in my oppinion it just means he dosent have a presence, if you want to make a show about cute girls having adventures, then what would be the need to introduce a useless protagonist whose presence dosent have add anything to the plot? Characters like these are bland, lazily writen and boring, just make one of the girls the princess knight or warever, or even make all 3 of them it, and be done with it. Having a self-insert protagonist with high degree autism is fun? Its just annoying, realy.

You didnt realy understand Konosuba if you are saying that, aqua begs for him to do that, because she is useless and cant do anything by herself, wich is funny...thats one of the character interations that make Konosuba great, also Kazuma is definely a character thats a part of that group...here the protagonist barely talks, much less interacts with anyone. Dont compare knosuba to this garbage.

Dont worry, im not mad or anything, i have a rude way of talking but i dont mind this conversation at all, we difer oppions and thats normal....The other guy is the one that pisses me off due to his hipocrisy.

Cool, I don't think this is something to be arguing over, this is a discussion platform overall
I would argue this is extremely similar to Konosuba, and kazuma is basically useless and I would argue Aqua is actually extremely powerful being able to resurrect people and lift curses like it is nothing.
I also don't think it's bad the main protaganist doesn't currently have his own personality YET, after all this is only the beginning of the anime and for all we know this adventure could be the building of his personality considering he is essentially like a newborn baby in this new world. If any of us was dropped into a world with the mind of an infant we certainly wouldn't pick stuff up quickly and we would act impulsively like the main character is doing.
I also think the humour in this and konosuba is extremely similar, I don't know why you would call this rubbish and yet be able to laugh at konosuba too. Blowing up a dragon is so similar to Megumin's explosion magic, Kokkoro is quite similar to Aqua but Kokkoro is a more independent character whereas Aqua is extremely dependant, they essentially have similar goals but their dependence has been inverted.
Besides, a good amine doesn't need to be completely original, loads of amazing things are based off of other things. For example, one of my favourite book series 'throne of glass' is quite similar to Game of Thrones but they're still both awesome independently. What do you think Konosuba is based off of? It reminds me of Re:zero with the main protagonists, it is also like the defence girl anime but they're each unique. Not everything that's original is utterly amazing and there are some brilliant stuff that isn't original. Plus the majority of anime isn't even original, they're all based off of their light novels, mangas etc.
Apr 14, 2020 4:46 PM
Jan 2020
Tougen said:
Sakura1302 said:

im guessing you didnt look into the source material, the reason Yuuki is an amnesiac baby here because his ass got blasted by the villain so hard he lost his memories and reverted into a child in the original game which was the bad end. And that scene was replayed in the prologue of Re:Dive in the game. Kokkoro is there to act as a guide for our poor amnesiac baby MC in his quest to regain his memories. Hope this clears up shitting on MC as to why he's like that.

this is sometimes the issue when people watch the anime without knowledge of the source material. Suddenly jumping to conclusions without looking at the background.
ImuyaoiApr 14, 2020 5:00 PM
Apr 14, 2020 5:10 PM

Nov 2013
this is quite fun lol

nekogirl <3

i think Pecorine might be on my next signature, she is hilarious ... not to mention beautiful and strong
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Apr 14, 2020 5:57 PM

Oct 2008
Pecorine too stronk ... must nerf...too OP!
4/5.

Apr 14, 2020 8:02 PM

Oct 2007
A few more thoughts on the episode.

Karyl going tsundere reminds me Arisa from Bang Dream.

What did they do with the treasure from the dragon?

Starting a cooking guild would not be a bad idea. Or maybe Pekeorine would just eat all the food? xD

Kokkoro still best girl.
Apr 14, 2020 10:54 PM

May 2011
i liked this episode cuz the konosuba reference (the art and the dialogue)..
didn't realize till now that one of the thieves VA (charlie/charissu) is same with kazuma VA from konosuba.. XD
now i'm sure that pecorine is mixture between aqua (mind) and darkness (body).. XD
the Main Carry is still needs a lot time to farm his exp..
for now, just let the midlaner peko and support koko handles the rest, and let kyaru/ karyl thinking about what role she should pick next..
till MC is ready to fight...
being support is tiresome u know..
( • x •)
Apr 15, 2020 12:25 AM

Apr 2020
Hmm not bad,I'm glad to see Yuuki taking care of kokoro
Apr 15, 2020 12:56 AM

Jun 2012
It's sad that this anime is working from the nothing premise of a generic mobile RPG game, but this episode really took that nothing and made it into something colorful and sweet and enjoyable.

This is definitely a "shut off your brain and just enjoy the journey" kind of anime show, but I was shocked when I found myself legitimately enjoying this motley crew of adventurers. Kokkoro has such a beautiful character design, and her soft soothing voice makes me smile. Pecorine is a lovable overpowered airhead, and I love the love-you-hate-you dynamic she has with Karyl.

I smiled a lot during this episode. I was absolutely not expecting this show to give me joy because I almost always hate mobile game adaptations, and yeah this show is basically a braindead fantasy comedy show, but it's an enjoyable braindead fantasy comedy show.
Apr 15, 2020 2:17 AM
Nov 2015
This anime is very underated...
Apr 15, 2020 2:45 AM

Oct 2007
Alsyath said:
i liked this episode cuz the konosuba reference (the art and the dialogue)..
didn't realize till now that one of the thieves VA (charlie/charissu) is same with kazuma VA from konosuba.. XD

Kazuma-san reincarnated into this world as a thief. :D
Apr 15, 2020 4:43 AM

May 2018
of course the neko is a tsundere lol
Apr 15, 2020 5:55 AM

Oct 2007
I'm starting to think Pecorine wears gloves not only for holding a sword. It also makes it easier for her to handle hot or greasy foods. :p
Apr 15, 2020 6:39 AM
Nov 2019
Wasn't going to watch this as it sounded crap - art and animation are great, jokes are a bit hit-n-miss.

After 26 days of lockdown it's just the mindless entertainment I need....

I missed the wolves this Ep. though.
Apr 15, 2020 8:37 PM
Apr 2020
Yea to be honest with I've been watching anime for a year now and I had no idea this website was even a thing.

But this anime is surely a keeper in my anime list.

Can't wait for the next episode.
hi :)
Apr 16, 2020 11:22 AM
Mar 2019
I see everyone is noticing multiple konosuba references? I have seen konosuba 3 times and am currently reading the LN... I feel ashamed for admitting that I didn't notice them... Can someone tell me what they were?

Also, I see some people arguing about the male protagonist... I have no problems with him, as long as he doesn't turn into a mary sue...
Apr 16, 2020 12:25 PM

Dec 2013
I wish the jokes were a bit funnier but I just can't hate on a show so lighthearted like this, every character seem to be having a blast, Yuuki for some reason is pretty funny and quite cute, like a dog.

°x° love that x face.
Apr 16, 2020 12:31 PM

Dec 2008
Great anime so far. Animation is good, as is the direction. Adaptations of gacha games are usually pretty bad, so I am very happy.
Been playing the game for a couple years now, and honestly wasn't expecting the adaptation to be so good.
How many episodes is this supposed to be though? The story is moving really slow, 2 episodes and they haven't even formed the guild yet. If this is a 2 cour series then I think that is fine, but if this is just 12 episodes, then it is going to end with nothing really happening. I'd like to see the story covered more, because it does get interesting.

Rodawi said:
I see everyone is noticing multiple konosuba references? I have seen konosuba 3 times and am currently reading the LN... I feel ashamed for admitting that I didn't notice them... Can someone tell me what they were?

Also, I see some people arguing about the male protagonist... I have no problems with him, as long as he doesn't turn into a mary sue...

One of the thieves is talking about a town he went to recently where the people there were trying to sell him soap. It is a reference to the city they visit in season 2 of Konosuba, with all the Aqua followers. Both voice actors for the thieves were voice actors in konosuba, and the director of priconne anime also directed konosuba.

Apr 17, 2020 5:01 PM
Dec 2014
Loop_Stratos said:
The plot's going somewhat differently when compared to the game, and I think I prefer the game version's direction by quite a margin unfortunately.

the main story of the original game actually begins after 1 month of first arrival of the MC in this world, and judging for Opening scenes not including some of story-wise important characters except the MC's group, the story MIGHT wont get serious for a while..
Apr 17, 2020 5:49 PM

Dec 2017
theENTER said:
Loop_Stratos said:

the main story of the original game actually begins after 1 month of first arrival of the MC in this world, and judging for Opening scenes not including some of story-wise important characters except the MC's group, the story MIGHT wont get serious for a while..

I know it occurs one month after, and I can only hope they go for a more slice of life adaptation rather than an incredibly rushed main story adaptation tbh. *If* it's only 12/13 episodes at least.

The comedy is not really funny for me for some reason, although I think it's partially because it's really different from what I expected.
Loop_StratosApr 17, 2020 5:52 PM
Apr 18, 2020 12:46 AM
Mar 2019
Saku_k said:
Rodawi said:

One of the thieves is talking about a town he went to recently where the people there were trying to sell him soap. It is a reference to the city they visit in season 2 of Konosuba, with all the Aqua followers. Both voice actors for the thieves were voice actors in konosuba, and the director of priconne anime also directed konosuba.
Aah, I didn't notice the soap line, that's great though, thanks!
Apr 18, 2020 8:02 AM
Dec 2014
Loop_Stratos said:
theENTER said:

I know it occurs one month after, and I can only hope they go for a more slice of life adaptation rather than an incredibly rushed main story adaptation tbh. *If* it's only 12/13 episodes at least.

The comedy is not really funny for me for some reason, although I think it's partially because it's really different from what I expected.
this anime will probably be more focused on slice of life and introducing of more characters first, honestly 12/13 episodes wont be enough for all of the story including the main story of the game..(also.. judging for the high animation quality, they might split the anime into multiple seasons with 12/13 episodes or +24 episodes for saving time and the budged ...) p.s. comedy part was decent for me though..
theENTERApr 18, 2020 8:18 AM
Apr 19, 2020 1:19 AM

Jul 2017
Well, this show sure loves it's food like Isekai Shokudou. And Like KonoSuba, some references here and there.

Pecorine still gives off the mash of Aqua and Darkness vibes, but at least she isn't the klutz like them, but definitely a klutz of some kind.

And of course, now do I realize that Kazuma's VA plays as one of the thieves.

Yuuki as a retarded MC still is like a Mary Sue, but hopefully he'll deliver soon enough.

The new girl, Cal/Karyl, as much as she is an enemy, the others don't look at her like she is one, and hopes that she will blend well into their group.

Less of a funny episode this time, but we'll see.
Apr 19, 2020 2:06 PM

Feb 2015
Liking this anime a lot, I think the story in this anime seems very konosuba like. I also get a lot of ReZero flashbacks, when one of the girls looks very similar to REM.
"Miharu denki desu"
Apr 19, 2020 10:27 PM

Aug 2010
Top Notch Action Scene in this episode and a neko girl joins the party!

Apr 19, 2020 10:46 PM

Jan 2019
So our protagonist forgot what money was but remembered bull fighting? Weird.

At the very least, thusfar this is a fine anime to throw on the in background. At least our main quartet seems established now.
Apr 20, 2020 12:37 AM
Jul 2018
I only gave this show a chance because of My Mother's Basement. I don't watch a lot of his stuff, but I like early season short reviews of anime because they help me figure out what I will like and not like.

This is a plus for me for all of the following reasons. I like fluff with excellent production values, and this delivers. Kokkoro's x face is life. It has that slice of isekai feel like KonoSuba has.

I get why people hate, but I don't think it has warranted it. It's kind of like how Bofuri was when it first came out in that people come in wanting to just say they gave it a chance so they can drop it and check another anime off their list.
Apr 20, 2020 4:40 AM
Feb 2020
Dariat said:
Tougen said:

You gave Danmachi a 1 and Bofuri and Reincarnated as a slime a 2. Your opinion can't be taken seriously

If you hate isekai so much then watch something else

bruh he gave dragon ball a 10
Apr 20, 2020 7:16 AM

Mar 2018
Saku_k said:
Great anime so far. Animation is good, as is the direction. Adaptations of gacha games are usually pretty bad, so I am very happy.
Been playing the game for a couple years now, and honestly wasn't expecting the adaptation to be so good.
How many episodes is this supposed to be though? The story is moving really slow, 2 episodes and they haven't even formed the guild yet. If this is a 2 cour series then I think that is fine, but if this is just 12 episodes, then it is going to end with nothing really happening. I'd like to see the story covered more, because it does get interesting.

Pretty much all things I wanted to say. To add on more, I'm kinda worried that they'll remove all seriousness of the game and go straight on waifu fluff route. The game gets pretty serious in late arcs and the anime has already removed opening scene of

One more thing is, I want more girls to get their fair share of screentime instead of Bishokuden trio 24/7. I don't hate the three but they've already made Ayumi into a mere cameo judging from the first two episodes, and edited out the girl who taught the protag what is money into Kokkoro when in the game, it was Kurumi.

It's kinda weird seeing official English names like Karyl, Ameth, Landosol because I'm already familiar to their in-game katakana names (Kyaru, Amesu, Randosoru) I was like "who?" for a second there lol

Eh, they're reusing OP "Lost Princess" but not "Connecting Happy" for ED? I thought ED'd would be more familiar to game players because we get to listen to it every time a chapter ends in the game.

And everything people said in this thread are all true that it hurts. Get a grip, MAL.

... Sorry for quoting you and rambling on and on. I was MIA for awhile so the things I wanted to say about my favorite game-to-anime adaptation are built up and jumbled up. Oh well, the new episode is tonight (in my time) and let's finger-cross we won't see a hiatus notice for this show due to Corona-chan like many other shows this season.

Apr 20, 2020 9:25 AM

Dec 2008
Renkini said:

One more thing is, I want more girls to get their fair share of screentime instead of Bishokuden trio 24/7. I don't hate the three but they've already made Ayumi into a mere cameo judging from the first two episodes, and edited out the girl who taught the protag what is money into Kokkoro when in the game, it was Kurumi.

It's kinda weird seeing official English names like Karyl, Ameth, Landosol because I'm already familiar to their in-game katakana names (Kyaru, Amesu, Randosoru) I was like "who?" for a second there lol

Eh, they're reusing OP "Lost Princess" but not "Connecting Happy" for ED? I thought ED'd would be more familiar to game players because we get to listen to it every time a chapter ends in the game.

And everything people said in this thread are all true that it hurts. Get a grip, MAL.

... Sorry for quoting you and rambling on and on. I was MIA for awhile so the things I wanted to say about my favorite game-to-anime adaptation are built up and jumbled up. Oh well, the new episode is tonight (in my time) and let's finger-cross we won't see a hiatus notice for this show due to Corona-chan like many other shows this season.

Well, so if you watch the OP, you get the feeling like it is going to actually cover more of the story, but for all I know it is just an OP and nothing in it will actually be in the anime.
This quick shot in the OP gets me in the feels every time

The names people are using kind of confuses me. Specifically in regards to Kyaru. Why are people saying Karyl? Ameth, Landosol, I get. But Karyl would have a completely different pronunciation. It's like calling Kyoto Kotyo or something. Kyal I would get at least.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Princess Connect! Re:Dive Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2020

82 by GooseHybrid »»
Aug 23, 10:22 AM

» This anime isn't funny

Keanan88 - Jun 11, 2020

35 by wildhood »»
May 24, 9:03 AM

Poll: » Princess Connect! Re:Dive Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2020

179 by Nocturne12 »»
Nov 5, 2023 11:32 AM

Poll: » Princess Connect! Re:Dive Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2020

106 by TanzimFarhad »»
Sep 13, 2023 8:52 AM

» adaptation

Nickthegreat - Jan 14, 2023

12 by Whyyouask »»
Aug 7, 2023 10:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.