Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 2, 2020 7:19 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ye, this Franklin guy is no pushover. Seriously, this may be one of the toughest fights they've ever had to face in this show.

Kinda fitting for a penultimate episode but I wish I could get more invested into this antagonist. Sigh. One more episode to go...
Apr 2, 2020 8:42 AM
Oct 2016
Winding up with this penultimate episode. Ray defeating what turned out to only be Franklin Plan A with the RSK. Marie then thank goodness stopping Plan B to release those monsters already inside the city. Now we see Franklin embryo that giant fortress with a badass name like Pandemonium. Super freaky with the Dragon head and basically a building for its body. Letting those monsters out through it's mouth kind of like a cargo hold for all those crazy things.

Great scene with Hugo and Rook too saying how Hugo is blinded when it comes to Franklin and how since Rook has no objectivity not knowing Franklin other than from today he's the perfect one to see Franklin for what he really is. Good commentary about how we're oblivious to those closest to us when they're causing harm.

Trying to hold them back from the city them bam the ultimate badass shows up! Big bro is here!!! Grand entrance knocking that monster's head clean off. proceeding to obliterate them in droves like they're nothing. So dope seeing Shu in action finally! Carrying over his marital arts skills predicting their next move, so cool. Awesome seeing them all come together here at the end, now with Franklin about to unleash his last effort.
Apr 2, 2020 9:11 AM

Aug 2013
Shu is Op af, taking down those monsters like their nothing.

Marie was great as well.

Apr 2, 2020 9:13 AM

Jan 2014
I can picture it now. They'll all work together to beat the final test, and his plan will be done.
Apr 2, 2020 11:01 AM

Jun 2015
Phew, I just checked and there is an episode 13. Some fantastic battling going on. It would be nice to see if the mecha guy was the one who created that fortress thing after another level of awakening his embryo, from his sense of being used. That would be some dbz style powering up right there.

Got to say, love this show!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Apr 2, 2020 11:08 AM

May 2018
1 more to go....................................
Apr 2, 2020 12:38 PM

Feb 2019
Damn woke up late, let’s see what I missed.

“You know what really grinds my gears...?” When my plan to destroy cities doesn’t go according to plan lol

YOO wtf, he kicked his head off??! That’s some S tier level strength

And if that wasn’t enough, he punched a monster to space lmaooo, fucking dead

A transformer on the battlefield now?!! Lmao

Ah don’t ragequit now man, just take the L

I’ve thoroughly enjoyed this show and it’s definitely one of my faves of winter 2020. I hate how it’s got such low scores. It’s not a masterpiece or anything but it’s a fun watch with cool characters. It stays in its lane and doesn’t try to be something it’s not
Apr 2, 2020 1:21 PM
Jan 2017
All the major characters come together for one big showdown. Now that we've reached the endgame, it's nice to see how everything has come together for the climax. The real highlight of the episode, though, has to be Shuu, who proves how big the gap between Ray and himself is. Despite all the delays and techinical limitations Infinite Dendrogram has endured, the show can deliver when it really counts.

That said, the big complaint I have against the episode is the antagonist. Franklin has, like, 5 or 6 plans and each of them feels more ridiculous and contrived than the last one. There's a point where Franklin's plans stop being believe and really start to strain suspension of disbelief. I get that he must present a really big threat to be taken seriously, but I cannot, for the life of me, get emotionally invested in him. He's merely an obstacle for the protagonists to overcome, nothing more.

Infinite Dendrogram has bit of an uneven experience since it started. Some parts were good, some were bad, and others were just kinda… there. While I won't call this show mediocre, it still has a lot of untapped potential that it wasn't able to realize over the course of its run. The worst thing than a bad show is a disappointing show, a show that doesn't realize its full potential and leaves viewers wondering what could have been. With just one more episode left, I can only hope it at least delivers a satisfying conclusion.
Apr 2, 2020 4:02 PM

Jul 2017
Penguin Dr. Franklin, more than the villainy antagonist, is proving a tough nut to crack for the rest.

With Ray out of commission (or just barely surviving) from defeating the RSK, its safe to say that Franklin isn't out of ideas, just not yet. With every plan getting more ludicrous, this is really getting on my nerves quick, but it's a good thing that everyone is banding together to finish his colossal game.

Even Ray's bear brother Shuu, is a Superior Master, the King of Destruction, at the opportune moment to shine...albeit potential TOO LATE to show. The battle between monster and mecha was a surprise that no one saw it coming, a testament to a weak novelist's writing.

Really hoping for a decent ending.
Apr 3, 2020 4:39 AM

Oct 2017
That was one heck of a opaf battleship damn. Pretty cool episode with lots of action.
Apr 4, 2020 3:56 AM

Dec 2017
Can someone please explain me why is he trying to look cool with all his "I may die here"? It is MMO RPG, you loose nothing if you die, so there is no heroism here, stop trying to look like someone you are not.
Apr 4, 2020 6:04 AM

Jan 2016
Matsuoka Yoshitsugu nailed the antagonist role once again.
Life is strange

Apr 4, 2020 6:34 AM

May 2019
The unveiling of Shu was really fun. One more ep left, I wonder if this will ever get a second season.

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Apr 4, 2020 7:09 AM
Jun 2016
slavemaster_1991 said:
Can someone please explain me why is he trying to look cool with all his "I may die here"? It is MMO RPG, you loose nothing if you die, so there is no heroism here, stop trying to look like someone you are not.

Lol
Maybe because if he died here he would lose a chance to give Franklin a punch like he has said in ep 1
Apr 6, 2020 10:59 AM

Nov 2009
slavemaster_1991 said:

"you loose nothing"

Sounds like you're on the same side as Franklin that doesn't give a shit about anything that happens in the game. Regardless if others (players or NPC) gets killed or not.

There's also the penalty of unable to play the game for like 3 days (or was it just 24 hours) I think if you died.

And if that happened, the entire game as you know it would change, since NPCs don't "respawn" like players do.

Plus, it's just what a MC would say to trigger the Death Flag and counter it with Plot Armor. All Shounen series has this... it's nothing new...
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Apr 6, 2020 11:08 AM

Dec 2017
amlg said:

Sounds like you're on the same side as Franklin that doesn't give a shit about anything that happens in the game. Regardless if others (players or NPC) gets killed or not.

There's also the penalty of unable to play the game for like 3 days (or was it just 24 hours) I think if you died.

And if that happened, the entire game as you know it would change, since NPCs don't "respawn" like players do.

Plus, it's just what a MC would say to trigger the Death Flag and counter it with Plot Armor. All Shounen series has this... it's nothing new...

For NPCs - yes, their sacrifice matters cause they don't respawn. Players are unable to login for 24 hours which is a completely nothing of value, as most of this time you will have to spend doing your IRL stuff like sleep, job/studies and so on. Having something just cause "all shonen have it" is a bad explanation, if you don't use a trope - you dont need it in your anime. Also don't forget that in this world even if you are currently logged on - you are still only one human in one place, so world moves without you regardless and you can influence only a limited scope of stuff. If he said something like "save yourselves" or "try to survive" to NPC - I get it, it is a logical thing to say. But playing hero like he is doing some cool feat of bravery and selflessness - nope, you are overdoing it to the point of being cringy.
Apr 7, 2020 10:30 AM

Oct 2009
For Ray, the game is as real as real life. That's the common point of all Maiden Embryo users. Even if he can come back to life, he wants to treat the game the same way he would act irl.

amlg said:
slavemaster_1991 said:

"you loose nothing"

Just as a note Franklin does not think that this is simply a game actually. Logically, he understands that it's impossible to simply have the processing power to make each Tian act like a real person. In the novel, he stated that he would've acted the same way in real life if he has the same power that he has in the game. This is what makes Franklin an interesting villain.
Nemesis2005Apr 7, 2020 10:34 AM
Apr 9, 2020 6:08 AM
Jun 2016
Wish it was a 24 episode anime .😧
Apr 9, 2020 3:33 PM
Feb 2020
this anime's vacation is off, like it shows every 2 weeks. sucks oath, lame anime
Apr 9, 2020 5:10 PM
Feb 2020
this is mostly anime, annoying
Apr 10, 2020 8:02 PM

Aug 2016
slavemaster_1991 said:
amlg said:

For NPCs - yes, their sacrifice matters cause they don't respawn. Players are unable to login for 24 hours which is a completely nothing of value, as most of this time you will have to spend doing your IRL stuff like sleep, job/studies and so on. Having something just cause "all shonen have it" is a bad explanation, if you don't use a trope - you dont need it in your anime. Also don't forget that in this world even if you are currently logged on - you are still only one human in one place, so world moves without you regardless and you can influence only a limited scope of stuff. If he said something like "save yourselves" or "try to survive" to NPC - I get it, it is a logical thing to say. But playing hero like he is doing some cool feat of bravery and selflessness - nope, you are overdoing it to the point of being cringy.

That's the problem. Ray does NOT see the game as game, he sees the entire thing as another kind of reality, as a world. For Type Maiden embryo, the masters had that kind of personality. That's why he also did not take his death lightly, he considered being killed similar to being killed in real life.

Don't tell me that it was cringy. That's just how such masters thought. It was a very realistic virtual world with NPCs no different than a real human beings, they can even died permanently and the game will keep continuing even if all of them were exterminated. The developers already said the game was already a full version so there won't be any "fix" or anything, not even maintenances. Also, there ARE actually some real life people who married the NPCs there and make a family (having children and the likes). It's understandable if you think like that.
whiters99Apr 10, 2020 8:05 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 11, 2020 5:21 PM
Nov 2018
is the anime on hold till corona is over?
Apr 13, 2020 5:31 AM
Jan 2019
i have no idea why I'm still watching this anime, literary trash
Apr 14, 2020 10:10 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
After a long-ass wait at some shitty embryo, now i fully seen the superior skill embryo of the other superior master had. I mean, some of them dont reveal it, so, maybe i call it, skill? Look how marvelous it is.

Yet, Ray quite interesting in his battle here and with the previous scene, good for this series. But, my only problem, is Franklin. He sure to be the great villain here. Ofc, last episode should deal a massive destroy to Gideon. Lets see how King Of Destroy full strength, that giant-ass starcraft carrier, and any dwarf mater playerdeal The Plan-D shitty Franklin had.

My score here still clear, due to an unbeliavable momment such as the loss of the Hugo, Ray asspull win through RSK monster, and reason state at the hell,why his brother has not shown up from the start of a mess.

The way this show trying to develop the story confused me alot. My only respect here just for the huge world of Dendogram can tell, and thats existent never get a real revelation on this show refering how slow the pace is, which is make me more sad. Whatever.
For all of that, 5 scores for me, until this mark
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 14, 2020 1:19 PM

Nov 2012
The anime is fine 6/10. Not great. Sometimes a bit boring.

I dig the concept. MMORPG like ID is what game developers should strive for. To create populated virtual worlds like that is 10/10 idea. Looking forward to innovations in VR gaming.
Apr 14, 2020 4:37 PM
Feb 2020
Coxphire said:
The anime is fine 6/10. Not great. Sometimes a bit boring.

I dig the concept. MMORPG like ID is what game developers should strive for. To create populated virtual worlds like that is 10/10 idea. Looking forward to innovations in VR gaming.

IMO Infinite Dendrogram completely fails. The only thing going for it are the tians which only purposes are to be used as hostages or killed of for no reason in the anime. Im not saying if i was there i would kill them just cause i felt like it but the anime never bothered to show anyone who isnt trying to kill them other than Ray and those other like 3 guys and or girls. The only time we see the anime showing the world outside of the game is like the first episode. Its like the writers didnt want to make a isekai cause they thought it would be too generic but didnt want to make a fantasy world either so said f it, mmorpg. I dont even think the guy logged out more than 1 time so what tf going on outside, you cant make a mmorpg anime and forget that people dont LIVE inside the game. In Bofuri at least we saw maple going to school and stuff so we can at least assume she has a life. We dont even know anything about ray other than everything leaves a bad taste in his mouth. Also i dont know if this is the right anime but didnt they have the pain toggling feature in dendrogram? If they do why did ray look like he was half dead in ep 11
Apr 15, 2020 11:32 AM

May 2018
Hey, does anybody have any idea as to what's taking ep 13 so long???????
Apr 16, 2020 2:29 AM

Nov 2012
EP 13 is out.

Time in ID passes 6x slower than in real life. Therefore, 2 hours spent gaming are 12 hours in ID. This means you can live similar number of hours in both worlds each day. The anime is about ID game, not RL.

Such feature would be perfect for single-player games, but not so awesome for MMOs, because no-lifers would have a tremendous advantage over average folks.
Apr 16, 2020 8:08 AM

Aug 2017
I forgot to comment for this episode but I must appreciate that everyone is doing something and do not leave everything to the protagonist.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
May 2, 2020 12:04 PM

Jul 2015
Franklin sure is someone you don't want to mess with...too bad he made the mistake of messing with the younger brother, grizz

I can see why Ray's in-game character is so broken seeing his brother Shu can probably conquer the world with his strength

May 24, 2023 8:31 AM

Oct 2022
Alot of shit happening and I don't really get every characters motivations behind their actions, or why I should care. I just feel like that they should've maybe taken their time building up for this big event. This just feels like a big mediocre mess imo.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Infinite Dendrogram Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2020

33 by amf85 »»
Oct 23, 11:46 PM

Poll: » Infinite Dendrogram Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 16, 2020

90 by INKYLORE »»
Sep 21, 8:23 AM

Poll: » Infinite Dendrogram Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2020

172 by INKYLORE »»
Sep 21, 7:29 AM

Poll: » Infinite Dendrogram Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2020

79 by kazuma-kisaragi »»
Sep 7, 9:24 AM

Poll: » Infinite Dendrogram Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 6, 2020

38 by james_lima »»
Aug 31, 3:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.