Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. Episode 11 Discussion

Bofuri: I Don't Want to Get Hurt, so I'll Max Out My Defense.
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 21, 2020 2:58 AM

Aug 2018
HeroVladimir93 said:
-Aincrad- said:

Why tf are you even watching it?
I will never understand people like you, who watch an anime just to shit on it

I watch what I watch because I want to watch it, plain and simple. I didn't watch this show just to shit on it, I genuinely wanted to it enjoy it, but ultimately it didn't work. I couldn't enjoy this show, which is why I'm criticizing it. If you don't like my criticisms, that's fine, but remember that criticisms are ultimately opinions and you neither have to like them nor agree with them. That's the beauty of having an opinion.

I can see why you would dislike the anime; it was the same for me with the film The Fifth Element. The first time I watched it, I was expecting serious science fiction, which it was not. So I hated it. But the second time I watched it, I knew it was parody, and it was great. Funny. What it was trying to be.

It seems you're watching this anime based on the expectation that it's telling a serious story, so you are upset when it violates the norms for such storytelling. That's not how I interpret the show; to me it's more of a fun and cute comedy. Maple will win, not because she deserves to or is the player working the hardest, or with the most to prove, or with the strongest will or whatever. She'll win - on accident practically - because it's silly that anyone would make such a build in the first place, but here she is, and wouldn't you know it, it works. It flabbergasts all of the players, and even the game developers, and even the viewers. But that's the point. That, and feeling good about people being nice and having a good time. (And as another poster said, seeing a female in the protagonist role in a VRMMO/Isekai-like anime, which is a refreshing change.) Overlord was fun, but BOFURI is much more entertaining. Makes me happy.

So ... yeah; hopefully one day you'll revisit the anime with a different frame, and enjoy it like we do, but you don't have to. As you say, it's your opinion. But don't expect to voice an opinion that derives from a frame alien to the purpose of the anime, and expect it to get taken seriously. *shrug*
Please don't feed the trolls.

Mar 21, 2020 7:58 AM

May 2009
Will this dumb bitch finally lose?
Mar 21, 2020 2:58 PM

Jul 2014
bastek66 said:
Will this dumb bitch finally lose?

We wish. Just from the cliffhanger itself its almost guaranteed that she'll have the last bite and beat them all.
Mar 21, 2020 10:56 PM

Apr 2018
Bruh Maple needs to use her demon form already
Mar 22, 2020 1:27 AM

Jul 2012
That cliff hanger setup couldn't have been any more cliche in the worst of ways. This should have just ended as they walked into the cave.
Mar 22, 2020 5:27 AM
Sep 2019
Maple pls pl winning pls, But I think she will survive with one hp and use some skill that makes her invincible for a short time when at 1 hp, and then during that time she does some transform. Something like that. Because there's no way Payne would just do judgement thing and be done, he'd want combo.
But I'm actually really hype for the next episode and I think Payne shouldn't win. He just be there, menacingly!!!
Mar 22, 2020 5:30 AM
Sep 2019
lanfire said:
That cliff hanger setup couldn't have been any more cliche in the worst of ways. This should have just ended as they walked into the cave.

Ye ur right with the cliff hanger -.- too cliche. And I just imagined that Maple uses Gaster Blaster and then they all die
Mar 22, 2020 8:39 AM

Oct 2017
Wow, Mii pulled a Megumin with that casting :P
Mar 22, 2020 5:55 PM

Nov 2016
Nice try cliffhanger, but we all know Maple will become the ultimate being during the next episode.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 23, 2020 12:24 AM

Oct 2007
Kuromu vs. Drag = Shirou Emiya vs. Lancer.

same va's. xD
Mar 23, 2020 1:15 AM

Aug 2018
Wow Mei is really strong af but shes a balance character because she needs MP bottle to fight continuosly unlike Maple that spend lot of time in increasing vitality and defense but still got ridiculous strong offense with these skills she got.Also Sally is balance too because she can worn out if she fights a lot.

Still i love maple, its just this thought just bothering me

Great episode, the fights were detailed and enjoyable really rpg liked.

Payne is higher level than rest of maple group so its understandable that he can beat maple or any of them but Maple gonna win this one because shes Maple as easy as that xD

B O C C H I  S W E E P
Mar 23, 2020 1:28 AM

Mar 2008
Just wait for the thorns aura skill to proc.
Mar 23, 2020 3:52 AM

Oct 2007
SapphyeePH said:
Also Sally is balance too because she can worn out if she fights a lot.

I like how people can get really tired from running around in this vr game. Adds some degree of realism. Well, but Maple is slow to get tired.. maybe because she does not run around much. 0 agi often only, just ride turtle. :3
Liddo-kunMar 23, 2020 10:29 AM
Mar 23, 2020 8:34 AM

Oct 2018
Maple is one woman army, DAMN
“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

Mar 23, 2020 7:08 PM

Nov 2009
When in doubt, Mecha it out. Always works.

LOL

Guess Flame Emperor isn't a match against a Machine God. Lasers > Fire.

Also, LOL @ Maple's annoyed face when she learned the Orb was gone. Priceless.

___ ___ ___

And Mii went into Chibi-mode crying after learning she got 100% beaten, even her Kamikaze does nothing to Maple, LOL. (just like in DBZ that chinese kid trying to blow up but fails to scratch the Saiyan dude)

While apparently the lower guilds are all hoping for Maple Tree to overtake the usual top guilds.

___ ___ ___

Roch2001 said:
Intense. I'm hoping in all her cannibalism shes probably devoured something wild which only kicks in at near death and unlocks. Bring on next week!!!

Sounds like another version of Saiyans becoming stronger after near death... lol
amlgMar 23, 2020 7:18 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Mar 23, 2020 9:04 PM

Oct 2007
amlg said:

Also, LOL @ Maple's annoyed face when she learned the Orb was gone. Priceless.

it was also said that she searched, but could not find where the Flame Emperors hide. Just imagine if she found them - Maple would have destroyed them for sure. xD
Mar 24, 2020 7:48 PM

Oct 2007
AivanK said:

I noticed one interesting thing, her shield didn't have any devour consumption, does that mean that it refreshed already?

One of the best scenes of this episode!

that's one of the best scenes indeed. :)

Payne would have been absorbed when he hit the shield with his sword, but he was not absorbed because devour is not ready yet.
Mar 25, 2020 7:28 PM

Jan 2013
Liddo-kun said:

that's one of the best scenes indeed. :)

Payne would have been absorbed when he hit the shield with his sword, but he was not absorbed because devour is not ready yet.

Yeah, but you can't see any of the gems on her shield, meaning that it refreshed already? Because you can't see them...that's weird.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Mar 25, 2020 7:30 PM

Oct 2008
even self destruct move from Mii was nothing against Maple!
alright! this is it! Holy Sword made the first move and one of their top 4!
friggin' cliffhanger!
5/5.

Mar 26, 2020 4:08 AM

Jul 2009
Things will get crazy now!
Apr 11, 2020 3:46 PM
Aug 2017
This episode truly made me cringe. Was painful to even watch her incredibly stupidity. Almost even slightly insulting towards someone who once took gaming seriously and grew up a gamer even if I don't game much at all nowadays. Well, everyone to their own, I guess. I know it's SUPPOSED to be silly and utterly unrealistic, but for some reason it's still hard to accept. I'll see if I can use it as background noise while doing something else. Watching it for real would make me want to face palm every few seconds.
Jun 3, 2020 5:21 AM

Feb 2019
For most of the series, Maple has been basically streamrolling everybody. Glad to see that there are challenges to her, with the Flame Emperors first and now the Order of the Holy Sword!

Damn, that battle with the Flame Emperors was so action-packed. I did not expect THAT level of action from this anime. Felt really intense as I kept thinking will Maple finally die for the first time? But of course not. She was forced to reveal her secret weapon though.

Again, feel a bit sad for Mii with her cute disappointment after the battle! Not even her suicidal attack did anything to Maple.

And so comes the Order of the Holy Sword. Damn, this show excels at cliffhangers. That last scene... dying to know if Maple got killed or not. I'm guessing not, but I can't be sure.
Jun 12, 2020 1:35 PM

May 2013
The way that Sally keeps wanting to increase her speed can only mean that she's trying to reach the Godspeed skill. I hope she unlocks it so she can keep up with that green dude :3

Maple is fine, lol. I don't think Payne can one-shot her, although that dmg she took was quite something haha

I wanna know the twins' secret wep! ;O Can't help but think of Rem and Ram when I look at the twins <3 they're all such cute DPS girlies -^.^-
Jan 30, 2021 12:18 PM

Jul 2016
Wasn't "Angel Maple" mode supposed to have only one use per day? She also used Devour like 20 times against Mii when it was supposed to have only 10 uses per day...

Well, Mii vs. Maple ended up being as underwhelming as expected. Totally boring but at least, I was able to see more of Mii's cute expressions.
Apr 16, 2021 2:42 PM

Feb 2020
Poor Maple. That final move looked devastating.

SerafosJul 4, 8:53 AM
Apr 29, 2021 3:51 AM

Aug 2018
Maple got damages again, the title became irrelevant again :(
Aug 21, 2021 4:20 PM

Mar 2010
If she dies then its finally the most realistic part of the anime but probably something is going to revive her lol.
Oct 20, 2021 4:55 PM

May 2017
Ppl talk about her being last boss but...shes more like the bonus secret boss that shouldnt be killed lol

Poor mii , i feel bad for her when maple turned in mecha , she couldnt even escape XD

i guess maple will survive that hit , or come back to kill the whole guild later , the question is how 🤔
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

Jan 15, 2022 6:26 AM

Apr 2013
The mecha transformation is really diminishing my enjoyment of this show hard. Especially since it's supposed to be her trump card -_-
Oct 27, 2022 12:40 PM

Aug 2018
I think Maple needs.. Even more dakka.. ;P
Poor Mii.. I hope she'll join our guild, to be honest..
Oct 31, 2022 9:08 AM

May 2015
Maple - ultimate destroyer!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Nov 16, 2022 2:26 PM

Jun 2019
I hope my girl Maple is fine. This is not looking good for our guild.
Dec 16, 2022 8:33 PM

Nov 2022
Finally! Knockback skills! I was wondering when that was going to show up, I had a feeling control effects were the best way to deal with someone who ignores most forms of damage. Overall I loved this episode, the first fight was amazing to behold and the second one's cliffhanger has me on the edge of my seat.
Dec 22, 2022 3:25 AM
Mind Evaporator

Feb 2017
Great episode! Battle of the waifus (Mii vs Maple) at the start and an action-packed ending.
Jan 2, 2023 4:52 PM
Feb 2016
Wow, me salte al siguiente caipito antes de veniar aca a registrarlo

Jan 28, 2023 3:10 PM

Sep 2017
Ya that mech is too much. It's just fucking stupid tbh. A world/game with such a nonsense power system where the MC can just waltz into these absurd skills that have no connection to their class/skill-set just takes the investment out of any engagement. I'm sure Maple will pull out some bs skill again to win this fight despite this bait cliffhanger.
Jun 21, 2023 9:42 AM

Aug 2019
That was a pretty cool fight, but we gotta talk about how everyone on the Flame Emperors side used the same attacks over and over, only to lose to Maple's machine god lol

And now with Flame Emperors on the move, Payne's guild decide to attack Maple Tree, and things are looking pretty bad
Jun 27, 2023 12:33 AM
Mar 2023
Episode 11 of "Itai no wa Iya nanode Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu" delivers a riveting and suspenseful installment that showcases the series' ability to keep viewers at the edge of their seats. With its intense battles, strategic decision-making, and emotional stakes, this episode raises the stakes and leaves a lasting impact.

The episode begins with Maple and her guildmates finding themselves in a dire situation as they face off against a formidable enemy. The animation continues to impress, capturing the intensity of the battles with fluid movements and striking visuals. The action sequences are filled with tension, showcasing the characters' growth and tactical ingenuity.

One of the strengths of this episode is the high-stakes nature of the conflict. The sense of urgency and danger is palpable as Maple and her guildmates fight for their survival. The tension is skillfully maintained throughout, keeping viewers on the edge of their seats and invested in the outcome.

Character development takes center stage in this episode, as the guild members confront their fears, weaknesses, and personal demons. Moments of introspection and self-reflection provide emotional depth and highlight the growth of the characters. The bonds between the guild members are tested, further emphasizing the strength of their friendship and their determination to protect one another.

The strategic decision-making and inventive use of skills by the characters add layers of complexity to the battles. The series continues to introduce new gameplay elements and challenges, pushing the characters to their limits and keeping the audience engaged. The evolution of Maple's playstyle remains a highlight, as she continues to surprise both friends and foes with her unconventional tactics.

The pacing is expertly handled, allowing for both intense action sequences and quieter moments of character interaction. The humor, as always, provides welcome moments of levity, serving as a reminder of the lighthearted spirit within the guild even in the midst of adversity.

Episode 11 of "Itai no wa Iya nanode Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu" concludes with a cliffhanger that leaves viewers eagerly anticipating the next episode. It successfully builds anticipation and raises questions about the future of the characters and their journey.

Overall, Episode 11 delivers a gripping and emotionally charged experience. With its impressive animation, strategic battles, and character development, this episode demonstrates the series' ability to create a captivating and immersive gaming adventure. Fans can look forward to more intense battles, unexpected twists, and the continued growth of Maple and her guildmates as they navigate the challenges that lie ahead.
Jul 18, 2023 4:07 PM
Jan 2023
The fight between Maple and Mii was rather intense, and so was the battle at the end between Maple Tree and those four guys.
Again, nice to see that Maple is being shown actual challenge instead of just obliterating everything in her path with no effort.
Dec 30, 2023 11:55 PM
Aug 2021
it was good but couldve been better action
Aug 26, 5:26 PM
Apr 2020
Reply to antigraviton
HeroVladimir93 said:
-Aincrad- said:

Why tf are you even watching it?
I will never understand people like you, who watch an anime just to shit on it

I watch what I watch because I want to watch it, plain and simple. I didn't watch this show just to shit on it, I genuinely wanted to it enjoy it, but ultimately it didn't work. I couldn't enjoy this show, which is why I'm criticizing it. If you don't like my criticisms, that's fine, but remember that criticisms are ultimately opinions and you neither have to like them nor agree with them. That's the beauty of having an opinion.

I can see why you would dislike the anime; it was the same for me with the film The Fifth Element. The first time I watched it, I was expecting serious science fiction, which it was not. So I hated it. But the second time I watched it, I knew it was parody, and it was great. Funny. What it was trying to be.

It seems you're watching this anime based on the expectation that it's telling a serious story, so you are upset when it violates the norms for such storytelling. That's not how I interpret the show; to me it's more of a fun and cute comedy. Maple will win, not because she deserves to or is the player working the hardest, or with the most to prove, or with the strongest will or whatever. She'll win - on accident practically - because it's silly that anyone would make such a build in the first place, but here she is, and wouldn't you know it, it works. It flabbergasts all of the players, and even the game developers, and even the viewers. But that's the point. That, and feeling good about people being nice and having a good time. (And as another poster said, seeing a female in the protagonist role in a VRMMO/Isekai-like anime, which is a refreshing change.) Overlord was fun, but BOFURI is much more entertaining. Makes me happy.

So ... yeah; hopefully one day you'll revisit the anime with a different frame, and enjoy it like we do, but you don't have to. As you say, it's your opinion. But don't expect to voice an opinion that derives from a frame alien to the purpose of the anime, and expect it to get taken seriously. *shrug*
@antigraviton

This is a 4-year late reply, but you can see the type of expectations this user had for this show laid bare on all the comments he left in every preceding episode discussion thread (he said in the first episode discussion that he thought this was going to be a kid friendly version of Shield Hero).
Romax24245Sep 6, 6:11 AM
Sep 6, 3:41 AM

Aug 2018
Reply to Romax24245
@antigraviton

This is a 4-year late reply, but you can see the type of expectations this user had for this show laid bare on all the comments he left in every preceding episode discussion thread (he said in the first episode discussion that he thought this was going to be a kid friendly version of Shield Hero).
@Romax24245 Well, maybe I'm the eternal optimist, but perhaps they'll read my reply and give it some thought. Regardless, it's a public post, so it's meant for a broader audience than just the person whose post I replied to. :-)

g-
Please don't feed the trolls.

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Aversa - Jan 6, 2020

283 by Slimdudejim »»
Aug 4, 4:41 AM

Poll: » Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 12, 2020

109 by Neo_Zero_X »»
Jul 21, 1:37 PM

Poll: » Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2020

124 by Neo_Zero_X »»
Jul 21, 1:09 PM

Poll: » Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 15, 2020

159 by Neo_Zero_X »»
Jul 20, 10:28 PM

Poll: » Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2020

118 by Gvendoline »»
Jul 9, 5:00 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.