Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Why do high rated light novels turn into trash when they are adapted in an anime?

New
Jan 9, 2020 5:56 PM

Dec 2018
I’ve noticed many times throughout the past couple years during the isekai boom that while most of the original LNs of the isekai are rated highly, the anime adaptations turn out less than average. Why do you think that is?
Meow meow meow meow and meow shogi, meow meow meow meow and meow shogi.

Taking one step a time, I work and try my best.
Though I'm the weakest of the bunch,
Expect from me a good paw punch!
Meow meow pawn, meow shogi.

Jan 9, 2020 6:11 PM

May 2013
Probably a demographic thing. The market for LNs and for anime are both very different in reality.

Too be fair I don't have alot of perspective on this because the only Isekai LN I have read that I saw the anime was the mom one.

The anime wasn't THAT much worse than the novels just slightly trimmed them down so the low scores might be related to cutting of some content the readers initially liked.

Adaptations are tricky beasts and maybe some felt slighted by lower production values than they wanted.

These are the likely reasons.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
Jan 9, 2020 6:42 PM

Mar 2012
Because the beginning of LN is always the hardest part of the series. More so with show like Dendro which take it's time in introducing cast and expanding the lore of the story. Generally once it's have set it's foundation you have nothing to worry about.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jan 9, 2020 7:18 PM

May 2014
Skipping content, general loss of information, different audience, unrealistic expectations.

Also, in this case apparently dropping it after a single episode.

I think that the LN is overrated but not by quite as much as you'd assume based on the anime threads here. Yes, there are many legit problems in the LN to point out, but judging it entirely by one intro episode isn't a great idea. It is unrealistic to expect the narrative to establish much in that time or to expect the story to actually get anywhere. I usually wait at least a few episodes before I even rate a show, and nowadays I try to check out the source material increasingly often.
Jan 9, 2020 11:15 PM
Dec 2019
It really is just a cash grab, and you can see the indifference in the producer's work, most of the animators don't feel pleasure in creating the scenes soo they try to get rid of it as soon as posible wich narrows the artistic view and that's why the animation is shit, and for the story itself they usually don't know how to create a balance between action and character development wich leads to skipping valuable content that whould make us understand better what the character reason is and his background, and on the other hand they just fill the show with foght scenes and female character's cute moment's just to atract most audience
Jan 10, 2020 2:16 AM

Apr 2016
It’s because most of them aren’t being adapted well. It’s obvious that the adaptation of novels is more difficult than how it’s for manga and there aren’t much people good on do adaptation for novels. Said in a simply and short way, I think it’s that the reason.
Jan 10, 2020 7:01 AM
Dec 2019
HectorBlaze said:
It’s because most of them aren’t being adapted well. It’s obvious that the adaptation of novels is more difficult than how it’s for manga and there aren’t much people good on do adaptation for novels. Said in a simply and short way, I think it’s that the reason.
Well said...............................

Jan 10, 2020 8:49 AM

Nov 2009
There's a difference in investement on the consumer's part, and how many and what type of consumers the product can reach.
There're more things that can go wrong in an anime (like the visuals).
There's a difference in production costs which limits the lenght of the adaptation, which leads to changes and cuts of content which further leads to a lower quality product compared to the original.
Jan 10, 2020 11:00 AM

Mar 2014
Alpha_Tranny said:
Probably a demographic thing. The market for LNs and for anime are both very different in reality.

Too be fair I don't have alot of perspective on this because the only Isekai LN I have read that I saw the anime was the mom one.

The anime wasn't THAT much worse than the novels just slightly trimmed them down so the low scores might be related to cutting of some content the readers initially liked.

Adaptations are tricky beasts and maybe some felt slighted by lower production values than they wanted.

Well, this.
Also, many adaptations (or just normal LN/VN works) are victims of the plague of hype. Stop overhyping, guys, it allways create bigger expectation around a work, which leads to negative feedback and disappointment.
HakkoMari used to be the #1 rated manga on MAL. As soon as it got an english release, far more people than just LN aficcionados went to see what was so great about it. It dropped fast, and quite a lot, even still being very high.
FGO NA Code: 482.072.599

(F2P thug life of savings...)

Ben-to! best nonsensical action anime. Ever.
Jan 10, 2020 11:03 AM

May 2013
Fabris said:
Alpha_Tranny said:

Well, this.
Also, many adaptations (or just normal LN/VN works) are victims of the plague of hype. Stop overhyping, guys, it allways create bigger expectation around a work, which leads to negative feedback and disappointment.
HakkoMari used to be the #1 rated manga on MAL. As soon as it got an english release, far more people than just LN aficcionados went to see what was so great about it. It dropped fast, and quite a lot, even still being very high.

Yeah, the hype machine is really a dumb thing.

"Let's attribute unrealistic expectations on something we haven't even seen yet. Because that's a productive mentality right?"

Healthy expectations are the way to go.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
Jan 10, 2020 3:59 PM
Jan 2016
The first episode of this wasn't even trash, as a matter of fact, it was probably one of the best 1st episodes of an Isekai/Virtual MMO that I've seen from newly airing shows in the genre for quite some time. Everyone just wants to be quick to trash on this because people who are tired of the genre keep watching them expecting something different every time, but at the end of the day most of these shows are going to be samey, but that doesn't mean they are bad.

Like...I'm not into watching sports because I think that every game is just the same shit over and over again, but I'm not going to purposely make myself watch sports and then rip about it online to everyone who actually likes watching it.....

Jan 10, 2020 8:31 PM

Jun 2017
I agree that adaptations of light novels aren't easy at all but I think the most important reason why the "scores" are differ this much is because anime is much more easier to consume than LN and everyone can reach it but only (or better say mostly) hardcore isekai fans read random light novel with no anime adaptation and because they usually like these type of works they rate it high but not everyone who watch the anime is an isekai fan so the score drops...
Jan 12, 2020 11:08 AM
Aug 2018
Because LN readers have different expectations and or standards than anime watchers. The hard truth is many of these LNs adapted are very shallow plot wise and in an anime the holes become obvious. LN readers are more or less rabid fans so they will always rate their medium higher. Also as most people said most studios take no pleasure adapting these LNs and it is seen by the quality of animation and how much content they choose to skip to maintain their easy cash grab.
Jan 13, 2020 6:56 AM

May 2009
Light novels are always trash and read only by fans of this novel style's fans. When anime is out people who aren't used to reading garbage are simply telling an obvious things.
Jan 13, 2020 12:17 PM

Nov 2010
Because they were always trash to begin with. There's always someone who will try to convince you that the next one is actually good, but at some point you just have to realize that they are, as a whole, aimed at people with really poor taste. It's like taking recommendations seriously from people who are really into fanfiction.
Jan 14, 2020 6:15 PM

Sep 2016
Gersen said:
Because they were always trash to begin with. There's always someone who will try to convince you that the next one is actually good, but at some point you just have to realize that they are, as a whole, aimed at people with really poor taste. It's like taking recommendations seriously from people who are really into fanfiction.

Thats odd, coming from someone who gave No Game No Life a 9/10 score.
Jan 15, 2020 9:15 AM

Sep 2019
Nuggey said:
I’ve noticed many times throughout the past couple years during the isekai boom that while most of the original LNs of the isekai are rated highly, the anime adaptations turn out less than average. Why do you think that is?

it's because most of the anime watchers don't really appreciate isekai and are way harder on them then ln readers, who are more used to isekai (maybe)

or the ln is just as trash as the anime, but not enough people (with good taste) read the ln to give it a bad score, while the anime watchers (ofc) wouldn't read the ln because of the bad impression they got from the anime.

I could be wrong tho
one piece
episode 321
15:46 (or 16:33)
you're welcome
Jan 15, 2020 2:06 PM

Feb 2019
shuu-tsukiyama said:
Nuggey said:

it's because most of the anime watchers don't really appreciate isekai and are way harder on them then ln readers, who are more used to isekai (maybe)

or the ln is just as trash as the anime, but not enough people (with good taste) read the ln to give it a bad score, while the anime watchers (ofc) wouldn't read the ln because of the bad impression they got from the anime.

I could be wrong tho

however the anime of "shield heroine" was best received by the community, although both anime are bad.

why?
Jan 15, 2020 2:20 PM

Nov 2015
5 - average
6 - fine
7 - good

majority aren't voting ""trash"". Seems to me the "isekei" audience are just using the MAL scoring system properly.
Jan 15, 2020 2:41 PM

Sep 2019
RayReynolds said:
shuu-tsukiyama said:

I could be wrong tho

however the anime of "shield heroine" was best received by the community, although both anime are bad.

why?
the shield heroine one is moe
one piece
episode 321
15:46 (or 16:33)
you're welcome
Jan 15, 2020 10:12 PM

Apr 2014
shuu-tsukiyama said:
Nuggey said:

I could be wrong tho

You are wrong, on multiple account, the issue with LN to anime transition is always a lot of shit gets lost in the transition, lost pacing, lost major story points, lost character arcs, etc. When you lack so many stuff, of course the end product would be bad.

Its the same reason that Bofuri turned out the better anime, cause its source is literally so stupid, that a moron can make improvements on it. Its so stupid that nothing gets lost in the transition.

With LN, the worse LN tend to generate the better anime, cause the adapting stupid shit is easier than thinking how to maintain exceptional shit.
"You had no free will, you chased your vices along the same path as all of the others." - Shikieiki Yamaxanadu, Diamond in the rough
Jan 16, 2020 4:11 AM

Feb 2019
ap1001 said:
shuu-tsukiyama said:

I could be wrong tho

You are wrong, on multiple account, the issue with LN to anime transition is always a lot of shit gets lost in the transition, lost pacing, lost major story points, lost character arcs, etc. When you lack so many stuff, of course the end product would be bad.

Its the same reason that Bofuri turned out the better anime, cause its source is literally so stupid, that a moron can make improvements on it. Its so stupid that nothing gets lost in the transition.

With LN, the worse LN tend to generate the better anime, cause the adapting stupid shit is easier than thinking how to maintain exceptional shit.

I think it's the same thing that happens with Konosuba, which was such a stupid and bad light novel that even the idiots of DEEN made a better show.
Jan 16, 2020 5:57 AM
Apr 2019
LN novels is hardest to adapt, and even with an underrated studio with average staff. take alook at those successful isekai anime. Adaptation plus, Staff +, Studio+, and schedule.
Jan 16, 2020 11:12 AM
Apr 2012
Because reading is a small niche audience inside of a small niche audience.

The sample size for them is 1k on average, the high rated ones on here are just well catered to that audience. I hate to say it, but the ones that are popular in japan simply get seem to get better adaptations because they appeal to a larger audience.

Sword art, Slayers, Haruhi, and Index. all popular, some aren't even good adaptations. It just caters to the mainstream. Good enough because it has enough of what we like.

If you look back at Index, it's quite bad. But it has a couple of good things that most mainstream animes have that you like. Same with Sword Art.

I'm sure this anime has potential, I mean that bear is carrying everything right now. It just doesn't have enough "Fanservice(not ecchi).
Jan 16, 2020 11:43 AM

Feb 2019
@ap1001 that actually makes a lot of sense
It's a better explanation than just saying "because it's moe"
Jan 16, 2020 3:24 PM

Oct 2008
I think its quite simple really.

LN anime adaptations are made for a singular purpose of promoting the source material. Period.

They don´t need to tell a whole story. Heck, they don´t even need to tell a good story. They just need to tease enough of the premise to maybe get some extra people interested to buy the LN and/or merch associated with it.

Not to mention, they don´t even need to be good adaptations because the LN they adapt is already doing well (else it wouldn´t be geting an anime in the first place). The measure here is being popular, not (necessairly) being good (that´s why some works that are considered good have no anime but some that are below average get 3 seasons).

Sdaly enough, there are NO exceptions to this rule. Doesnt matter if a good LN gets a good adaptation or a shit one, or vice versa. None of them were made to be anything more than just a looong ass ads for the source material (while it still runs) and to make some extra cash on the side from merch.

That is also why you rarely ever see adaptations of finished works. Because there is no more money to be made there.

((And for those who would dispute this with: "If they are just ads, how come some shows get S2 or even S3?!" - the argument still stands. Doesnt matter how much money the anime adaptation makes or how popular it becomes. As long as the anime doesnt adapt the whole work in its entirety (from start to finish), its just an ad)).

N41XJan 16, 2020 3:27 PM
"Dream of nothing and wake to a dream come true."

Jan 16, 2020 6:57 PM

Jul 2015
Gersen said:

I mean that's objectively wrong haha but ok

perje said:
5 - average
6 - fine
7 - good

majority aren't voting ""trash"". Seems to me the "isekei" audience are just using the MAL scoring system properly.

The MAL opinion is usually anything under an 8 is trash which makes me chuckle tbh as most of these 6 and 7 shows are better than a lot of 8's

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
MonkeyDHunterJan 27, 2020 6:07 AM
Jan 16, 2020 9:40 PM
Nov 2016
tough presumption to call an anime trash only 2 episodes in.

Otherwise, it's possible to end up looking very stupid in front of everyone
*cough* Gigguk *cough* Black Clover *cough*

but hey, not everything in mal scored 8 or 9 was good anyways. Why bother looking at numbers? Everyone is entitled to their own preferences, that may be being Isekai.

Just like how there "was" a niche audience for JoJo, there exists one for Isekai stuff. Its just a matter of how large they are in comparison.

too soon to call it trash
Jan 17, 2020 6:47 AM
Jan 2020
They were already trash
Jan 17, 2020 6:53 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Because they know its gonna sell anyway and its cheaper.

Just look at arifureta, it was garbage but it ended up one of the best selling and one of the most popular in its season and got a second season.
Jan 17, 2020 2:22 PM

Dec 2016
RayReynolds said:
shuu-tsukiyama said:

I could be wrong tho

why?

I personally don't know what moe is but for me "BOFURI" is more enjoyable and have better fights. Also you had virtually the same climaxes in first episodes of both anime, in "moe shield" MC ate dragon alive compared to Dendrogram who MC OPM some centipede (and after One Punch Man you can't have serious OP-MC who can oneshot enemies without earning it and not look cliche AF).
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.106/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.186/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.104/? - weekly) | Machi and Oboro (Ch.13/? - biweekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.76/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Jan 17, 2020 9:50 PM

Jul 2015
Dadokady said:
They were already trash
but they weren't so that's wrong

JameaZ said:
tough presumption to call an anime trash only 2 episodes in.

Otherwise, it's possible to end up looking very stupid in front of everyone
*cough* Gigguk *cough* Black Clover *cough*

but hey, not everything in mal scored 8 or 9 was good anyways. Why bother looking at numbers? Everyone is entitled to their own preferences, that may be being Isekai.

Just like how there "was" a niche audience for JoJo, there exists one for Isekai stuff. Its just a matter of how large they are in comparison.

too soon to call it trash

I agree 100%
I find a lot of 6 and 7 animes are better than 8 and 9 anime.

It's preference and people don't rate anime here objectively more so on what suits their preference all mal scores do is show how in line with the preferences of the majority of the english audience they are

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
MonkeyDHunterJan 27, 2020 6:07 AM
Jan 17, 2020 10:02 PM

Jun 2012
I think the mistakes so far in this adaptation are the voice acting. It's not really delivering. Like that Bear brother, his tone makes it hard to take his explanation seriously, making the anime looks like a joke.
Jan 18, 2020 1:58 PM

Nov 2009
It's cause LN is mostly rated by Japan readers.

While anime like this site is rated by US and EU watchers.

Japan watchers don't come and rate anime at this site, they do so at their Japanese anime sites.
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jan 18, 2020 4:22 PM
Jul 2015
Looking at the LN ratings, yes it's high, but also rated by significantly less people than this anime is. Such a small group of people are not a very good measurement for the quality of a product I think, especially since people who read it, probably were specifically looking for something like this.
Also the manga also isn't rated as high as the LN
Jan 18, 2020 10:21 PM
Jun 2016
JakkoFourEyes said:
Looking at the LN ratings, yes it's high, but also rated by significantly less people than this anime is. Such a small group of people are not a very good measurement for the quality of a product I think, especially since people who read it, probably were specifically looking for something like this.

Someone just watch 2 ep anime and think he has better judge than those who read 9 vol of novel
Make it 10
And the only reason the manga doesn't have high rating because no one trans it
PapopitoadJan 18, 2020 10:30 PM
Jan 19, 2020 4:15 AM
Jul 2015
Papopitoad said:
JakkoFourEyes said:

Someone just watch 2 ep anime and think he has better judge than those who read 9 vol of novel
Make it 10
And the only reason the manga doesn't have high rating because no one trans it

Alright dude, sorry this anime did nothing so far to make it worth watching for me. I never said I was a better judge.
And the LN shouldnt matter in this case. The anime has to be judged on its own merit.
2 episodes is quite early to make that judgement, sure, but I couldn't even sit through the 2nd episode. I can't be assed to watch more of it.

Also, there are English translations of the manga, from my quick look at Amazon. Even if there wasn't, it's only read by 100 people less than the LN
Jan 20, 2020 7:25 AM
Jul 2019
Nuggey said:

A combination of various factors, as per usual. Definitely demographics, as others have mentioned. The lack of popularity of the medium also leads to shows being often overrated, which generates false hype, which in turn generates more negative backlash than if people went in blind. Issues in conversion from written to visual medium, cutting down of story lines, leaving out exposition, etc.

The light novels stories, in my experience, tend to be less varied both in terms of genres and demographics than manga, this gets people being biased when light novels appear similar. This one also happens to be an isekai series (sort of, VR is an in-between), with has a fairly bad reputation.

Personally I have read 2 or 3 (it's been a while) of these novels, and frankly, it was alright. Good first book, and very interesting plot gimmick. Unfortunately I felt it being far too formulaic in the second and third novels and subsequently got bored.
Jan 25, 2020 10:00 AM

Mar 2014
SunnySelenophile said:

Personally I have read 2 or 3 (it's been a while) of these novels, and frankly, it was alright. Good first book, and very interesting plot gimmick. Unfortunately I felt it being far too formulaic in the second and third novels and subsequently got bored.

Same.

Those things (magical schools, isekais, VRMMOs in LN form) run out of steam pretty fast. Even if it has some quirky chars and nice plot points, it ends lost, as more and more plot points and more new chars just dont stop being introduced. Dropped Index because of that, it was a neverending clusterf*ck.

They also almost allways tend to be harems. I don't truly mind a harem once or twice in a while (I even watched reverse harems in the past for the lulz), but some have their narrative literally HURTED by the harem element. AKA: SAO, Arifureta (ok, this one was just plain bad, but point stands) and Shield Hero.
FGO NA Code: 482.072.599

(F2P thug life of savings...)

Ben-to! best nonsensical action anime. Ever.
Jan 25, 2020 1:39 PM

May 2014
Fabris said:
SunnySelenophile said:

Same.

Those things (magical schools, isekais, VRMMOs in LN form) run out of steam pretty fast. Even if it has some quirky chars and nice plot points, it ends lost, as more and more plot points and more new chars just dont stop being introduced. Dropped Index because of that, it was a neverending clusterf*ck.
Incidentally, Infinite Dendrogram also has a cast the size of a phone book and approximately thirty plot threads that are not going anywhere fast. I generally like multiple intertwined plot threads and a large cast for world-building, but there comes a point when the plot really needs to move forward decisively. Otherwise, the story will eventually run out of steam, and the signs are already there.
Jan 25, 2020 2:31 PM

Apr 2014
TheDeedsOfMen said:
Fabris said:

Same.

Incidentally, Infinite Dendrogram also has a cast the size of a phone book and approximately thirty plot threads that are not going anywhere fast. I generally like multiple intertwined plot threads and a large cast for world-building, but there comes a point when the plot really needs to move forward decisively. Otherwise, the story will eventually run out of steam, and the signs are already there.

Which vol are you at?

Cause after vol 3-5, Franklin's Game, the build up of vol 6-10 is about the build up of war with Dryfe which is literally the next arc, and then push into the battle royale forming at Caldina. The plot is moving at a decent pace, yeah sure, there are side stories, but they don't deviate from the main plot.

The main plot of faction wars (mainly between the Native factions and the Incarnations) is getting pushed at a steady pace, with every vol contributing to it. So I don't get what you are talking about with the stagnation.
"You had no free will, you chased your vices along the same path as all of the others." - Shikieiki Yamaxanadu, Diamond in the rough
Jan 26, 2020 3:41 AM

May 2014
ap1001 said:
TheDeedsOfMen said:

Which vol are you at?

Cause after vol 3-5, Franklin's Game, the build up of vol 6-10 is about the build up of war with Dryfe which is literally the next arc, and then push into the battle royale forming at Caldina. The plot is moving at a decent pace, yeah sure, there are side stories, but they don't deviate from the main plot.

The main plot of faction wars (mainly between the Native factions and the Incarnations) is getting pushed at a steady pace, with every vol contributing to it. So I don't get what you are talking about with the stagnation.
I have read 10 volumes, which I believe is everything in English so far.

You are right about the build-up being there, but spending so many volumes on it is a bit too much. It could have been done far more quickly. What it would need to do is:
- make some of the fight scenes shorter and cut some of the fights against random monsters (volume 7 felt especially filler-like because of this),
- cut some of the generic romcom and slapstick dialogue that doesn't contribute anyway, not even in terms of romance or comedy itself,
- cut some of the over-explaining of what the reader could decipher on their own based on information already available,
- invest more in the personalities and motives of the characters so that the time spent on them feels more meaningful (this includes Ray himself, by the way).

That said, many of the other light novels are far slower, so I don't think Infinite Dendrogram is particularly bad at it. It is just the curse of LNs in general. The author clearly has a plan, which is something that can't be said for many other LNs, but it will take a long time to get there.
Jan 29, 2020 10:52 PM
Nov 2015
Nuggey said:

1. Not adapt by God like studio with godlike budgets.
2. Some studio just pick good LN for quick cash grab.
3. If the studio is new basically nuub, is factor as well.
4. Today anime not like 90s era that have 1 hour - 40 minutes - 30 minutes. Most anime today just 23 minutes and yeah imagine cramps all content in LN in freaking 23 minutes 12 episode.

Any good LN instantly become trash if pick by someone cannot make good anime simple as that.
redcobraJan 29, 2020 10:56 PM
Feb 1, 2020 11:09 PM

May 2009
redcobra said:
4. Today anime not like 90s era that have 1 hour - 40 minutes - 30 minutes. Most anime today just 23 minutes and yeah imagine cramps all content in LN in freaking 23 minutes 12 episode.

The fuck are you talking about? Even in 90s tv anime episodes length was ~23 minutes. Yes, there was more 2 cour series but there was as much series during a year as now are during one season. Also light novels weren't adapted as often as past Haruhi and Shana success. For example: Slayers, LN adaptation from 90s, 26 episodes long seasons, 23 min/ep.
Feb 2, 2020 11:51 AM

Feb 2017
I've got to agree with those that say it's mostly over hype from readers since for much that it pains me to accept it, most of these LN are as repetitive and flat as CGDCT but afaik I never see anyone over hyping them all over the place so its scoring is let to just its niche audience.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Infinite Dendrogram Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2020

33 by amf85 »»
Oct 23, 11:46 PM

Poll: » Infinite Dendrogram Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 16, 2020

90 by INKYLORE »»
Sep 21, 8:23 AM

Poll: » Infinite Dendrogram Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2020

172 by INKYLORE »»
Sep 21, 7:29 AM

Poll: » Infinite Dendrogram Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2020

79 by kazuma-kisaragi »»
Sep 7, 9:24 AM

Poll: » Infinite Dendrogram Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 6, 2020

38 by james_lima »»
Aug 31, 3:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.