Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 21, 2019 6:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I sense jealousy coming from Melida lol. Rosetti's engagement subplot felt really cheesy though.

We also got Melida taking her study trip. The "date" between Melida and Vampir was kinda cute. Definitely not the usual place you'd go for a date lol

Stark700Nov 21, 2019 7:35 AM
Nov 21, 2019 8:04 AM

Aug 2013
Rosetti's father showed. He ended up ordering the death of a person who supposedly had a "disease".

Kufa's and Melida's little date was cute, floating in the air like that.

It appears someone is framing Kufa.

Nov 21, 2019 8:08 AM

Nov 2017
Oh? It turned into a murder mystery

The date thing was sweet, also jealous lolis
Nov 21, 2019 8:25 AM

Oct 2015
I also think someone is framing Kufa, doubt it would be that obvious it's him, unless this is really a sub-par show. But that guy that slipped him that portion/whatever, made me think why did he do that? Was it for Kufa to eliminate someone or something else, pretty confusing stuff?

The other thing, why did they censored that guy with the disease? I wanted to see the gruesome details and check out how severe was it, or else how would we know. I also believe Pricket is a piece of shit for executing him in front of others, couldn't they've done a decent thing and deal with him in private.

But the "floating date" was really amazing, wished those things existed in real life, so we could go to them.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Nov 21, 2019 8:49 AM

Jun 2019
The more I watch this show the more unsure I am about Kufar's actual feelings toward Melida. I think she may have hit the nail right on the head when she said "you only see me as a child". I think he acts like a gallant knight and knows that she fancies him, but to him, he's obviously grown up as an assassin, without ever having unconditional love.

And now he has this lovely girl treating him in a way he's not used to, being a vampire assassin, and he's not sure what to do, or how to feel.

Good episode, bit of a silly story, pretend to be my fiance. I think the dad, Prichet, attacked the girl back at the academy and is trying to frame Kufar, so he can get Rosetti to marry his choice. There's something dodgy going on in that town and I bet he's at the bottom of it.

I keep forgetting the fact that Kufar is a vampire, or half vampire. So his attraction to Melida may be as potential prey, aren't vampires normally attracted to the blood of young virgin girls, particularly those with power of their own. But then he gave her, or ignited that power within her. Maybe so when it grew he'd be able to feed off of it?
23feanorNov 21, 2019 12:15 PM
Nov 21, 2019 8:59 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The cave for the date was really beautiful, and the specificities are really interresting.
Melida was so cute.
Nov 21, 2019 9:35 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
That cave date date was really cute, but someone is trying to frame Kufa. It has to be the work of another vampire that has the same mana as Kufa.
Nov 21, 2019 9:40 AM

Mar 2019
Melida being jealous is the cutest thing of the day
Nov 21, 2019 10:02 AM
Anime Cat

Aug 2017
Kufa looks very suspicious in this episode. Especially when he takes Melida in a date. That mystery spot will be a thing for sure.

Melida being jealous to Rosetti is cute, though.
Nekko_Khayal88Nov 21, 2019 10:07 AM
Nov 21, 2019 10:14 AM

May 2018
Should Kufa kill Melinda or should he spare her, gosh make up your mind Kufa kill her or spare her......
Nov 21, 2019 10:27 AM
Jan 2013
This series doesn't make any effing sense at this point, but I might read the LN to see how much was cut from adaptation. The opening is still nice.
Nov 21, 2019 10:28 AM
Apr 2018
is it just me or anime quality dropped a bit in this episode
Nov 21, 2019 10:50 AM

Mar 2019
The date was really sweet and cute. Beautiful location and romantic. Although Melida is a very cute girl, I still like the ship RosettixKufa more since the start.
Nov 21, 2019 10:54 AM

Apr 2010
I don't know anymore...

I really do think Kufa was the boy from back then, as he actually knows this place enough to know about this hidden spot but not enough for Rosetti to really knowing him, despite growing up there for a long time.

The thing with Merida and Kufa... I don't know, it's too odd. Merida DOES act like a child, so it feels really unnatural. I would rather see him with Rosetti. But now I'm not sure I want him with anyone... He sure has a dark past. Probably dark enough to hire him to kill Merida if needed (It's not as is that makes her father the nicest person, which we already knew)

Nov 21, 2019 11:43 AM
Nov 2019
In the flashback with the burning building the girl on the floor had red hair, the boy silver and he said she was a sister.

Later in the plot it was said that "Pricket" collected orphans as his own children.

So are Rosetti & Kufa actually orphans adopted by Pricket and Kufa was somehow involved in the burning down of the building and the mass-murder (as an earlier mission?)

Definitely some Vampire style induced dreams she's having and Kufa looking at her neck and covering it with his hand..

What's the betting the collapsing girls are having their Mana sucked out of them.
Nov 21, 2019 12:05 PM

Mar 2018
This looks much more interesting than the last arc
I do wonder about the pretend-love tho.. And whyever the author had to name the fiancé 'Dick'

Again I felt like some important parts have been cut short or left out. Or I just don't remember Kufa telling so much about himself. He didn't really tell much but lines like "do you expect an assassin.." or "In my line of work..." raise a certain suspicion I believe

The marquis obviously seems a bit fishy, especially with what's going on in his town.
Looking forward to this arc. Also has a bit of mystery again

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Nov 21, 2019 12:19 PM
Nov 2019
"I'm not sure what I should do." Grabs neck.....
Am I the only one who isn't quite sure what that gesture was meant to be?
Nov 21, 2019 12:53 PM
Oct 2019
I enjoyed seeing Melida jealous and the "put me the socks" part XD
At the date part i was expecting that he would reveal that he is a vampire.
And the most important part is when we got to know Dick. ksksks
Nov 21, 2019 1:19 PM

Dec 2016
Ok. this is just too obvious that Rossetti father is framing Kufa. He used "never to seen before" new "spell" that only he can understand, He told that suspect is Kufa (fiance of his daughter that he didn't choose) and overall he seems shady.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.106/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.186/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.104/? - weekly) | Machi and Oboro (Ch.13/? - biweekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.76/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Nov 21, 2019 1:25 PM
Jan 2016
In flashback looks like the kids are Rosetti and Kufa, i wonder if they are somewhat related a sorphans, also Pricket reaction towards Kufa was strange!

Jealous Melida was really cute and funny!

Damn, Pricket just executed someone in from of all girls! I suspect something misterious about Pricket!

Also Kufa was really misterious aswell this episode! But seems someone is framing him!

Melida's pants part was hilarious, and their date was also cute, really awesome cave!
Nov 21, 2019 1:59 PM
Mar 2019
What the hell was happening? I had no clue what was going on it kept jumping from scene to scene.
Nov 21, 2019 2:38 PM

Apr 2015
Gotta love Rosetti, eventho Kufa has to pretend to be her boyfriend, I bet secretly she wished it were for real.

Those poor girls, having to witness someone getting executed by Pricket. He's one shady af guy. Everything is pointing towards Kufa being framed. It's kinda obvious though.

That cave was pretty awesome.
Nov 21, 2019 3:38 PM

May 2016
I'll be honest, in terms of romance I've never been a fan of the "Master x Student" thing because most of the time it just feels forced, contrived, and with practically no real chemistry whatsoever. Kufa and Rosetti may not interacted much throughout this anime but they honesty have much more chemistry than Kufa does with Melida.

It would have been funny if Kufa and Rosetti started off as rivals while fighting a growing attraction towards each other. Last week's episode could have been their students taking notice of their attraction and deciding to play matchmaker with them by setting them on a date. That honestly would have been fun to watch.
"You talk too much. Think too much."
"I don't care how justified you think your reasons are. I won't tolerate liars or thieves."
"If you're not going to be nice to me, don't expect me to be nice to you."
"I'm a soldier, not a superhero. Don't ever think of me as one."
"The world doesn't revolve around you. Get that through your thick skull."
"People who live by their emotions go nowhere in their lives. They only find misery.
"If you don't like the way your life is than do something about it instead of sitting there feeling sorry for yourself."
"You want something go get it. Period."
Nov 21, 2019 3:39 PM

May 2015
I really hope Kufa ends up being the culprit. It would be so interesting if he was. Also seems he's either strangling her or biting her one of the two as we saw at the start of the episode when she felt something on her neck.

Cant wait for when it gets revealed to the others that Kufa is a vampire. I really hope it gets revealed that he's more businesslike and uncaring to people like he was at the beginning and that its all an act. The OP suggests that as well.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Nov 21, 2019 4:35 PM

Jun 2019
Its like hes playing kiss, marry, kill but all 3 choices are Melinda
Nov 21, 2019 4:48 PM

Feb 2019
ok, y'all know I love Assassins Pride, but ngl last couple eps have been mid. I'm not sure where the plot is going or what the overarching plot that we're working towards is. Every episode seems like a separate disconnected segment and that large chunks of plot are being omitted. Haven't opened the LN yet, still collecting dust in the bag, but man something feels off.
Nov 21, 2019 4:50 PM

Jul 2017
Well that's one way to get rid of the Rosetti ship (assuming Kufa is the one in the flashback which he probably is). I do hope it eventually ends up being a 'it was you all along' case and Rosetti and Kufa get together lol, kinda gave up on the Melida ship after all that terrible drama

CeddyyBearr said:
Gotta love Rosetti, eventho Kufa has to pretend to be her boyfriend, I bet secretlyshe wished it were for real.

I don't even think she was all that secret about it lol
Nov 21, 2019 5:23 PM

Jan 2016
LMFAAOO When they were in the hall and literally no one else was moving an inch. Top tier.

Also I guess that Melida and Kufa are closer in age than I thought? Thank god for that cuz I was weirded out this whole time.

Nov 21, 2019 6:10 PM

Aug 2013
Oh shit yes. If Kufa were the culprit this would make the anime finally interesting. He gives me some Ni No Kuni 2 Traitor vibes.
Nov 21, 2019 7:14 PM

Dec 2014
Melida is cute. <3

I have a feeling that Rosetti's Dad might be orchestrating something behind the scene because he doesn't want his daughter to end up with Kufa but I'm curious if Kufa actually might be the one.

The Melida Kufa 'date' was very sweet. :)
Nov 21, 2019 9:32 PM
Jun 2017
This feels like a very complete episode. it said a lot, and didn't leave me with a lot of questions about context. It left me wondering what's next.

I have the feeling that the dad is trying to keep something under wraps, possibly because he's in kahoots with the bigger threat of this arc. That's just a guess.

The episode still felt like it was going through stuff really quickly, but seemingly not at the expense of necessary context.

I think this will be a really interesting arc, but I think with something this big, I'd rather read the light novel. Reason being that I expect this arc to also pass by in a flash, which will ruin the impact when we hit the climax.
Nov 21, 2019 9:45 PM

Nov 2011
So Media is just there as a teacher...it just happens...okay.

Rosetti > Melida. Melida is annoying and I think Rosetti is a better fit for Kufa.

Granted this was a pretty generic written subplot but I cringed at Kufa just willingly putting on her socks.

Looks like Rosetti's dad is garbage
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Fall 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Nov 21, 2019 10:20 PM

Jul 2016
BTDee said:
LMFAAOO When they were in the hall and literally no one else was moving an inch. Top tier.

Also I guess that Melida and Kufa are closer in age than I thought? Thank god for that cuz I was weirded out this whole time.

Melida is 13 & Kufa is 17 ┐( ̄ヮ ̄)┌
Nov 22, 2019 12:42 AM

May 2019
Some cool characterisation and development in this episode. I'm increasingly intrigued by Kuufa's backstory.

I wonder if this will become a tragedy

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Nov 22, 2019 5:34 AM

Apr 2015
Short_Circut said:
Well that's one way to get rid of the Rosetti ship (assuming Kufa is the one in the flashback which he probably is). I do hope it eventually ends up being a 'it was you all along' case and Rosetti and Kufa get together lol, kinda gave up on the Melida ship after all that terrible drama

CeddyyBearr said:
Gotta love Rosetti, eventho Kufa has to pretend to be her boyfriend, I bet secretlyshe wished it were for real.

I don't even think she was all that secret about it lol

Yeah I should have left "secretly" out, actually am surprised I said that in the first place. XD
Nov 22, 2019 7:32 AM

Jan 2016
rafin016 said:
BTDee said:

Melida is 13 & Kufa is 17 ┐( ̄ヮ ̄)┌

nevermind jesus I thought she was older than that and he was younger

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Nov 22, 2019 9:26 AM
Nov 2019
This is becoming a total mess. AKA "Arifureta II" Animation is all over the shop quality wise, story is messed up due to the omissions from the LN and mixing bits up in order.

Was almost expecting a "Fatal Attraction scene" when she demanded Kufa put her socks on.

The burning building at the start was the same place as Kufa was introduced to all the adopted orphans ie Prickets home.

She keeps feeling her neck so does she know he's a vampire already.

So we have several possibilities for Melida.

1) She has some hidden power that needs awakening by Kufa's nurture.
2) She has some hidden power that will be released when she is turned into a Vampire by Kufa (Pure virgin bitten by vampire - see Helsing ultimate).
3) Kufa is using her as cover for some assassinations.
4) Kufa is using Melida to access Ellie's power.
5) Melida & Ellie will combine their powers and overthrow the status-quo.

But the story telling is so poor I don't really care anymore..

Dropping this and am going to binge-watch Babylon instead.
penrhosNov 22, 2019 9:33 AM
Nov 22, 2019 10:38 AM

Apr 2012
i mean, kufa is a vampire so of course he needs to drank blood every now and then

so either we'll got
1. melissa, who drink kufa's blood slowly became a vampire,
2. melissa will be the one who supply blood for kufa from now on

anyway based on how many generic subplot goes,
i can safely predict about current arc
kururugikaiNov 22, 2019 10:51 AM
Nov 22, 2019 11:55 AM

Jul 2016
BTDee said:

nevermind jesus I thought she was older than that and he was younger

Are you serious? eww, I was a fool to let you know that ┐( ̄ヮ ̄)┌ 4 years isnt that much of an age gap, real world has way bigger gap than this xD

At least you didnt fantasize father-daughter relationship (。◕‿‿◕。)
Nov 23, 2019 1:21 AM

Dec 2014
shoo Melida shoo, Tomato...er...Rosetti best gril alright, so step away
Nov 23, 2019 1:00 PM

Feb 2012
I feel stupid after not realizing it sooner, but I think this is what's going on.
1. Kufa turned melinda into a vampire and gave her his mana
2. The blue mana belongs to a man, but actually belongs to melinda since she took kufa's mana
3. The voice in melinda's head is a vampire descendant and making her attack people unconsciously as she awakens more of her mana and becomes more like a vampire
4. Kufa grabs melinda's neck and thinks about killing her because she is starting to lose control and attack innocent people. This is reflected in the flashback of him as a boy killing a girl he was seemingly close to.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 23, 2019 3:48 PM

Jan 2013
This anime is beyond moronic and shit now. Its getting worse and worse from episode to episode.
Nov 23, 2019 7:53 PM

Nov 2008

EVERYTHING IS PERFECT SHUT UP I DON'T CARE

For people who liked the "sock scene"

That's from the light novel. xD

@TheVenom here's an idea: leave and watch something you like instead of being so negative. :p
ChiibiNov 23, 2019 8:01 PM

Nov 23, 2019 7:55 PM

Nov 2008
KuroNavi said:
.Rosetti best gril alright, so step away

Screw that bitch; I don't ship incest. :p

Nov 23, 2019 8:26 PM
Mar 2015
Interesting he received poison was obviously the killer 8 years ago is being set for the attacks
Loved the sock scene and weightless date
Nov 23, 2019 8:38 PM

Oct 2008
Melida being jelly oh how cute!
4/5.

Nov 23, 2019 10:42 PM

Sep 2016
23feanor said:
I think the dad, Prichet, attacked the girl back at the academy and is trying to frame Kufar, so he can get Rosetti to marry his choice. There's something dodgy going on in that town and I bet he's at the bottom of it.

Pretty much what I thought too.

23feanor said:
But then he gave her, or ignited that power within her. Maybe so when it grew he'd be able to feed off of it?

So he made her a half vampire to do a vampire x vampire thingy? Would be intriguing.
bruh
Nov 24, 2019 4:19 AM

Oct 2017
Wait so is Rosetti Kufa's little sister lol and I wonder if Melida is seeing Kufa's memories because he shared his mana with her.
Nov 24, 2019 8:44 AM

Feb 2019
Quite okay episode. I really like Rosetti, she's so cute and attractive. I'd be lying if she wasn't what I was looking for most of this episode lol

But something's not right with Rosetti's dad. He seems off, somewhat shady. That town is also pretty weird, has a completely mysterious and ominous vibe to it. Although it kinda makes it look like it's Kufa who's the prime suspect, maybe it's Rosetti's dad who's doing something?
Nov 24, 2019 9:40 AM

Dec 2014
Chiibi said:
KuroNavi said:
.Rosetti best gril alright, so step away

Screw that bitch; I don't ship incest. :p

are they ACTUALLY brother and sister though? i havent read the novel so idk, but still, dont have to ship them, just have the loli step away
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» What's with the Hate?

Aytr0 - Jun 3, 2021

32 by pissolati »»
Aug 27, 3:35 PM

Poll: » Assassins Pride Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2019

226 by hieu2000 »»
Feb 14, 12:53 AM

» what makes the show THIS bad?

APolygons2 - Apr 20, 2023

23 by Akanekino »»
Nov 1, 2023 9:28 PM

Poll: » Assassins Pride Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2019

104 by f_lopezjmz »»
Oct 31, 2023 4:40 PM

Poll: » Assassins Pride Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2019

66 by f_lopezjmz »»
Oct 30, 2023 6:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.