Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 25, 2019 7:17 AM

Oct 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Went to watch the movie in 4D and regretted. There wasn't a lot of movement and such because the action scenes were kinda lacking. Being the first part of a trilogy, it was not a bad start, just a bit bland. Kinda wanna see if Karasuma is really the mastermind behind the whole case since he seem like he could control his readings well as it showed a 0.

Hopefully the next part will improve.
「友達なんていない。人はすぐに裏切るし、学校っていうのは誰かを標的にしないとやってられない馬鹿共の集 まり。ままごとみたいな役決めて、仲のいいふりして都合が悪くなったら知らんぷり。そんな奴らと仲良くした いとか全然思わない。」
Jan 25, 2019 12:39 PM

Apr 2010
What a 4D?! And... lucky you.

Jan 26, 2019 8:21 PM

Oct 2012
Darklycan51 said:
Why does it say that Ginoza is an inspector and shimotsuki an enforcer?

Probably typo? Not too sure but Mika is an Inspector.
「友達なんていない。人はすぐに裏切るし、学校っていうのは誰かを標的にしないとやってられない馬鹿共の集 まり。ままごとみたいな役決めて、仲のいいふりして都合が悪くなったら知らんぷり。そんな奴らと仲良くした いとか全然思わない。」
Feb 12, 2019 11:34 AM

Aug 2008
How was Mika? Still a b word?
Feb 14, 2019 3:21 AM

Oct 2012
destructo22 said:

Still very hot-headed as usual.
Sep 24, 2019 4:06 AM

May 2008
destructo22 said:
I didn't hate her in this, so she was decent, I guess.
Oct 1, 2019 1:11 PM

Sep 2017
Well this wasn't anywhere near as bad as the sub-S2 score would suggest. Too many plot conveniences all around, but it looked great and it managed fit a decent story into the 1h time frame while enriching the universe's lore rather than murdering it. Feels a tad like a procedural in how little the events mattered overall, but I guess that's what's to be expected from a 1h tie-in movie.
Jiharo said:
Kinda wanna see if Karasuma is really the mastermind behind the whole case since he seem like he could control his readings well as it showed a 0.

Hopefully the next part will improve.

Karasuma was the system itself.
Oct 5, 2019 7:41 AM

Aug 2013
It was good to see Akane again.

Watching this movie reminded me of what a messed up society they live in.

Overall, a fine movie. 6/10. Looking forward to the next one.

Oct 5, 2019 3:53 PM

Nov 2018
Mika was pretty cool this movie. The moves she made and that slap. Was good to see Yayoi have a nice amount of screen time as well. Also to have most of the rest of the crew back.
The ED and OP remix version were cool too. Good movie.
Oct 6, 2019 12:32 AM
Jan 2019
Leo said:
It was good to see Akane again.

Watching this movie reminded me of what a messed up society they live in.

Overall, a fine movie. 6/10. Looking forward to the next one.

Why did you say its a good movie but then gave it 6/10? That's like a pretty bad mark. Most Hentai are around that mark if I know properly and those are trash.
Oct 6, 2019 3:15 PM
Mar 2015
"The baddies were eliminated but not the big bad
Oct 6, 2019 11:14 PM

Apr 2013
To be honest, this felt more like an extended OVA than a movie but it was still a pretty fun watch. I enjoyed it despite the runtime feeling a bit short.

I appreciate the growth and layers added to Mika's character which made her look like a much better version of her S2 self. This doesn't redeem her completely but there were quite some moments in which I found myself rooting for her, which is something I never expected to do.

The villains in this entry feel a bit bland but that's ok because by the end of the film it is revealed Sibyl was aware of the situation the entire time. I wonder if the system was indeed trying to hide all that high-level radioactive waste, or was trying to build a nuclear defense mechanism to protect itself from possible foreign threats. It wouldn't be the first time the Bureau investigate a case in which Sibyl is the one pulling the strings from the shadows.

My only issue with the movie would be Gino's plot armor, which at times felt like something straight from a battle shounen haha.

Overall, I had a good time watching Case 1 and would give it a solid 7.5-8/10, but I'll wait for cases 2 and 3 to properly judge Sinners of the System as a whole. I've heard good things about the next two entries so I'm pretty excited to see how these movies unfold and tie in with season 3.
shinramainOct 6, 2019 11:44 PM
Oct 7, 2019 6:45 AM

Jul 2012
Mmm interesting. It wasn't great, just decent. I enjoyed it but I guess I felt like it could have been better. 6/10

I will definitely check out the next two episodes to this series.
Oct 7, 2019 2:22 PM
Mar 2019
Writing-wise, it was pretty meh. A bit disappointed, but I'm really not surprised [ever since post-S1].
Villains seemed sort of stock-ish, plot points confused me as well. I mainly enjoyed it, though, because we got to see character development in action. [And the art/environments were really nice to look at. (:]

Also, how did NEITHER of the two end up dead?! That ending fight scene was BRUTAL, and yet there was hardly a scratch on them. Sort of humorous, but none the less nicely animated and ultra-action-y.
Oct 8, 2019 3:42 AM

Sep 2019
Feels like a true psycho-pass story, which is in itself a nice improvement compared to the almost shounen-like mindgames crap going on in the ending parts of season 2. Could have used a bit more screentime though, the pacing wasn't the best, I agree.

Overall I'm pretty happy with it, makes me optimistic for season 3.
Oct 8, 2019 10:58 AM

Feb 2017
Decent movie. Not bad but not really good. I actually enjoyed Mika here. That Ginoza fight was full of plot armor. Also why didn't he try to use destroy decomposer on the mech immediately? I will have to rewatch it once better subs come out, I feel I would enjoy it more that way.

Anyway, hope other two movies get subbed soon. I hear they are a lot better than this one.
TsarkoOct 8, 2019 11:04 AM
Oct 8, 2019 11:58 AM
Jun 2017
it was quite good! Mika's development is clearly there while still being herself, which i personally always liked. but it did feel a bit rushed which could have been fixed by maybe the Gino final fight being shorter. which btw, was a bit hilarious to watch because it was so over the top. i feel like they are trying to make Gino a bit too OP and perfect as his char development, lol. oh, well. love ya, Gino.

bonus point for giving the other members of the Div 1 some decent screentime during the investigation. :3
Oct 12, 2019 7:02 PM

Apr 2012
Was Mika always this poetic, or is that a new development?

Either way, I liked her more here than during Season 2. She has a genuine fire in her now that I don't think she ever displayed before, and that "by-the-books" part of her that annoyed me so much before seems to wholly gone now, too, which means she finally understands that not everything can be solved by working within the lines.

Part of me wants to call that inconsistent on her part as a character, but the greater part of me wants to celebrate her improvement. I always wanted her to become a likeable person, even if I was never sure why I cared so much.

She's not great yet, but its a pretty big step in the right direction. I hope this trend continues with her, would be nice to see some real teamwork between her and Akane now that they seem to understand each other better.
Oct 13, 2019 2:13 PM

Oct 2015
Thanks to Yasaka for releasing that video before hand, to expose Tsujicho and the rest of the sanctuary. So all that brainwashing was just to keep the high level radioactive waste from the underground mines. That video exposition by Shimotsuki did the most trick to turn the rest of the facility against her, pretty sharp. The way Mika killed her was merciless and hella brutal. But I was more glad when she gave the true mastermind Karasuma that hot clap, I thought she would shake on it, but damn I wish it wasn't censored. That was a good case, I actually enjoyed it. I also enjoyed the Ginoza fight, but I wish Kogami was there though.

This was a nice movie, i can't wait to watch the subbed version of the sequel. The music was hella great, Tk did great on the op song. The pacing was fast, but understandable. For a one hour movie it actually did pretty nice.

7/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Oct 14, 2019 3:11 AM

Aug 2015
Mika is like a whole other person. I'm torn between liking her better now vs. feeling like she didn't earn this character development.

Karasuma was not a real person, right? I understood his reveal as him being a body controlled by Sybil just to keep up appearances, like the director. What does bitch slapping one avatar of the system achieve when you and all of society are still completely within its control?
Other comments are labeling him as the mastermind who deserved to be slapped across the face but.... he's just another part of Sybil.... no justice was served because justice itself is flawed.... the only mastermind is Sybil and it remains in charge....

At the end of the whole thing there's still going to be a huge cover up. What happened to the latent criminals in Sanctuary? They all dead? How is this any better than just letting the facility function as is?

Kind of weird to use Takeya visiting Yasaka as a happy ending after everything that happened. Literally nobody and nothing turned out for the better except them.

I think the only thing I really enjoyed was ponytail Ginoza being a slick enforcer. They made him extra badass to fill the hole left by Kogami, I guess. I liked the way he used his prosthetic arm. Him hallucinating Kogami was a "hmmmm" moment.

Better to think of this trilogy as OVAs rather than films. They are rather boring and confusing as movies but fans of the series can appreciate them as side stories.
whitherOct 14, 2019 3:23 AM
Oct 17, 2019 9:43 PM

Sep 2011
it was fine, had a few fun moments but i could see it really benefiting from an extra 20 minutes being a real movie length cause the movie only characters felt really underdeveloped the best parts are the character moments Mika and Gino get, while no where near as rad as that one from the main movie, the big dumb fight at the end with the mech was fun.

I'd say a dead on 6/10, inoffensive. Best part of it was honestly redeeming Mika a fair amount.

FateHero said:

Part of me wants to call that inconsistent on her part as a character, but the greater part of me wants to celebrate her improvement. I always wanted her to become a likeable person, even if I was never sure why I cared so much.
I dont think its as much inconsistent as it was more psycho pass 2 just had too much shit to cram into too little time and every part suffered because of it. Shes the same character she was in that part its just the plot around her isnt pants on head retarded this time around and there was actually time for her character to breath a bit to establish her character a bit more.
JizzyHitlerOct 21, 2019 5:46 AM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 17, 2019 11:39 PM

Oct 2016
Damn it, quit making me like Mika!
It was a pretty good movie. A very nice side-story for this franchise.
I hope we get more of these interesting teams. Who would've thought Mika, Ginoza, and Yayoi would make such a good combo!
My only big complaint is that the remixes of the OP 1 and ED 1 were garbage.
It was a nice watch though.

Oct 18, 2019 9:29 AM
Nov 2014
I liked it more than I thought I would given what I had heard about it. The start didn't really catch my attention completely, but once it got going I found myself really enjoying it, watching Psycho Pass again.
Of course, it was no up to the heights of S1, but it was good. I also like Mika now, which I did not expect to happen.
Now onto Case 2.
Oct 19, 2019 2:39 AM
Apr 2015
Tsarko said:
Decent movie. Not bad but not really good. I actually enjoyed Mika here. That Ginoza fight was full of plot armor. Also why didn't he try to use destroy decomposer on the mech immediately? I will have to rewatch it once better subs come out, I feel I would enjoy it more that way.

Anyway, hope other two movies get subbed soon. I hear they are a lot better than this one.

Oh... right I forgot the dominator has an anti-robot mode...guess the writers forgot too...
To be fair, this isn't supposed to be an action show but all the writers, who aren't the original writer, want it to be or are told to make it that way by the producer.
Oct 20, 2019 7:31 AM

Jan 2017
As companion Dyatlov would say "3.6 roentgen, not great, not terrible"

As the first movie of a trilogy it was OK. I hope that we will get more info about Kougami in the 2 others movies.
Oct 25, 2019 2:13 AM

Oct 2017
Well pretty interesting start to the movie trilogy. Izumi and Takeya were gd characters. Mika wasn't as annoying as usual but the villains were total scums. Anyway hope the next two movies r better.
Oct 25, 2019 2:44 AM
Oct 2018
Could be the start of a Shimotsuki redemption arc... overall pretty decent movie.
Oct 26, 2019 5:17 AM

Aug 2016
Started pretty good, but became in the middle average and in the end awful. 4/10
Ego = 1 / Knowledge | "More the Knowledge Lesser the Ego, Lesser the Knowledge More the Ego." Albert Einstein
My ratings:
Oct 26, 2019 3:26 PM

Nov 2011
Overall, for a movie - quite dissapointing.

1h is simply not enough to make a descent story that holds itself - an extra 30 min would be salvatory. As it is it felt rushed and shallow.
If you think of the story it wasn't really impactful for the universe of Psychopass and kinda stupid - why would the Sybil system send an Inspector to investigate such a place if it was run by the Sybil system in the first place?! And try to kill Mika and the enforcers as they arrive? Nonsense!

Great universe, great lore, great season 1 and then you make shitty stuff like that - why creators, why? Are you stupid, greedy, was S1 a fluke?
Oct 26, 2019 9:10 PM

May 2018
After watching Beastars and even No Guns Life this season, it's pretty disappointing to see such bad CGI in a movie of all things, looks straight out of a late 90's video game cutscene. Acting was really stiff, and how Ginoza survived all that is beyond me.
Raging-ManOct 26, 2019 9:59 PM
Oct 28, 2019 11:48 AM

Jun 2011
The plot made absolutely no sense. And that horrible CGI. 6/10.

Nov 1, 2019 9:09 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
well, that was pretty.... meh ?

5/10
Nov 2, 2019 12:38 AM

Aug 2017
Basically, everything was planned by the Sibyl System.

6/10
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Nov 7, 2019 8:31 PM

Apr 2007
To my surprise I enjoyed this a lot, despite having a distaste for Mika and the series in general after S2. I guess it helps that I erased most of that disaster from my memory .-.

My biggest question is, how did Ginoza not get seriously injured in that battle? Dude was attacking him in a robot and pushed him against the helicopter, yet he only bled a bit and lost his prosthetic arm.
Nov 10, 2019 3:00 PM
Jul 2015
Tsarko said:
Also why didn't he try to use destroy decomposer on the mech immediately?

Wasn't it because the communications were down? As soon as Yayoi said they were up again, he pulled out his dominator. So I reckon it was that. No communications, no contact with the Sybil system, no working dominator.
It was something along those lines anyway.
Nov 29, 2019 6:55 AM

Dec 2018
Not only Ginoza who had a plot armor, Mika wears it too. That Tsujigai is really dumb, she could've end Mika right there and yet she captured her, not to mention don't put any restraining devices on her at all, smh.

Mika makes a deal with Sybil and after Sybil agreed with her, Mika slapped him, smart move...
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Dec 14, 2019 9:14 AM

Feb 2009
it was good and fairly entertaining, the duo of Shimotsuki and Ginoza was enjoyable. but I agree with most points mentioned in this thread about the plot.

Dec 25, 2019 7:29 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Pretty 'meh' and predictable plot in all honesty and the action choreography fine but some really nice development for Mika this movie. Yikes, Sibyl System and their countless secrets though, a good throwback to the wicked world of Psycho-Pass.

I'm honestly a little shocked why the Chief allowed them to investigate this case if this was meant as a secret program in the first place but I suppose you got to give Yasaka-san credit for that. Sweet to see some familial bond between the kid and Aunt Yasaka, too.

Ginoza got pretty beat up during the fight jeez but good thing Kougami Yayoi-san was there to save him after luck favored him. Some really cool duo combo from the two so props for that.

Mika's final "Allies of Justice." was pretty cool too and looks like she's finally starting to get ticked off by the Sibyl System, 'bout darn time! Kind of makes the similar event in Season 2 baffling though, I've got to say.

Op remix was pretty dope but sadly I didn't feel the same for the ED. And as always, the Op and ED visuals were brilliant! On another note, the design of the facility was fantastic though, definitely gives resonates that futuristic feeling in full force!

Anyways, I'll give this a solid 6.35/10, a shy away from a 6.40/10 (=>7.0/10). Needed a little something more to just about push it over the line, I reckon.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Dec 25, 2019 3:21 PM

Dec 2015
Although the movie was pretty okay overall, the final act was just so incredibly underwhelming.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jan 1, 2020 9:48 PM

Dec 2016
It's a mixed bag for me.

I like the idea that mika found her spine, but some of her interactions make her looks like she's 12 (like that gotcha fist when Akane relies the whole case on her hands in the elevator scene).

The villians fell like they came out of an Eaon Flux episode, a hunchback mad scientist, a fat lesbian nurse, and a deranged administrator with delusions of greatness. Rodya was probably the less cartoonish, but his fight with Genzo leaves a lot to desire in terms of credibility (too much plot armor for Genzo)

Yayoi's escape from the fat nurse lacked a good storyboard, I had to rewind and pause a couple of times to actually understand that her drone was the one that opened the door and unlocked her shackles. There should had been a couple of cuts in there showing how just as the drone unlocked the door and her shackles she set herself free and jumps on the back of miss piggy the nurse.

Mika's long and uninterrupted speech to unmask Kyouka felt like the other side of a villian blurting out his plan to the helpless hero. It's something that the main villiajn could had easily stopped just by restraining her or tossing her to the angry mob a lot sooner. And speaking of the angry mob, for such a big facility where she allegedly has sedated and has control of hundreds of people with clouded Psycho-pass, she should had had some sort of anti riot procedures. I don't see how could she keep all of them under control under the alleged hive mind protocol.

The good points is that at least it's got some really nice and detailed animation specially in the action scenes.
Jan 3, 2020 3:11 PM

Oct 2012
Ok, so they basically destabilized outreach facility which managed to make use of criminals, broke countless protocols and easily get out of it? How can such system even work?

For a once, I was actually on side of "villains" this time, albeit they were both very weak. I mean, that nuclear waste doesn't go away itself and what are we even trying to imply here, that criminals should should have their own rights after committing a crime (this is dystopian world I know but still).

The episode had great production values and some good parts too but there were many problems too - be it the plot armor, uncompetent opposition (that would be easily able to thwart their steps if given chance) or the mere fact that Dominators are really no use when being face to face to real threat (and lock on takes too long).

And let's not be naive here - the aunt and child would silently vanish soon after.

I like the overall theme and atmosphere though, production values were also high - but it would have to be written by someone compentent who would have considered all the implications of their actions instead.
Jan 5, 2020 6:17 PM

May 2012
Quite a nice and interesting story, outcome was pretty expected but still nice.
Jan 15, 2020 4:27 AM

Mar 2017
OH GOD THE SHIMOTSUKI REDEMPTION ARC IS STARTING AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

she went from annoying midget to cute annoying midget aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Feb 22, 2020 9:33 AM

Dec 2012
Well, it was nice to see Ginoza in action since he is my favorite character in the series. The plot was just okay for me. Decent filler I suppose.
allo
Apr 4, 2020 12:27 AM

Nov 2011
Plot was slightly weak and not fully explained, maybe to avoid plot holes i guess cause it was going there. Otherwise it was pretty decent, don't really care for Mika, but atleast she made crucial right decisions at the correct time, would've preferred to see more Akane. Feel the characters in the show are just a far cry from s1 when you had the likes of Kougami and Makishima. 7.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Apr 6, 2020 3:13 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
It's been ages since I last saw Psycho-Pass, and this movie was no let-down, only getting me hyped more for the season 3 binge-watch. How good it was? Good enough to start liking Miku for once.
Apr 8, 2020 8:31 PM

Dec 2019
^lmaoo Good enough to start liking Miku for once INDEED, anw this was kinda good i guess, i wanted more action scenes but what can you do, Ginoza sure has changed a lot since season one i can't imagine him saying that in the past. 6/10
                                                         🖤   

Apr 29, 2020 12:05 PM

Jan 2013
The villains were a bit of a letdown honestly.
Other than that, I guess it was alright.

Using latent criminals as tools disregarding their life.

7/10
May 7, 2020 8:53 PM
Mar 2019
It was meh, but still enjoyable
Let's see what CASE 2 brings, I'll leave my coment also
May 18, 2020 7:48 PM

Jan 2014
I really liked it! 8/10 I think

However I am realizing how much I have forgotten about the world of psycho-pass.... maybe I should rewatch s1?? Is there a good summary/recap anywhere out there
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» So is this a sequel or a whole new thing? I need to know please..

DragonYuk - Nov 9, 2018

11 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Jun 29, 2021 5:02 PM

» Psycho-Pass fans: Who is hyped for Sinners of the System?

removed-user - Nov 8, 2018

20 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
May 30, 2021 7:13 PM

» So how do we watch this?

TG-Golem - Jan 25, 2019

21 by Meritas »»
Dec 11, 2019 2:48 AM

» Any info on the BD release of this Trilogy movie series? Release date speculation?

IndianAnimeReker - Apr 11, 2019

7 by IndianAnimeReker »»
Jul 10, 2019 3:49 AM

» Trailer

removed-user - Nov 5, 2018

2 by BetterTaste »»
Nov 5, 2018 3:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.