Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 28, 2019 4:13 AM

Feb 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Jesus this show is bad. So you're trying to tell me that the guy who acted like a total douchebag for the entirety of the first episode and even (potentially) tried to rape someone in his team all of a sudden sacrifices himself in order to save them and gives them vital info on how to keep surviving ? Also the show does a very poor job in trying to bring some depth to these characters with these rushed scenes. In the end we still don't really know anything about these characters and we don't have any reason to actually care about their fate.
Jun 28, 2019 6:50 AM

Aug 2009
@Hatsuyuki The dude did act like an asshole, but I do think Hana observed him acting weirdly after being stabbed by the giant mantis. That might have been why he was being overly aggressive before falling into the mantis pit and being imbued with eggs.

The rest of the show really isn't that great like you said, but it's managing to hold my attention for now. The random exposition for character backstories makes me lol at times tho.

is surrounded by multiple giant mutated manti with impending death "I wanted to be a doctor and an astronaut!" lmao that one got me good
Jun 28, 2019 6:57 AM

Feb 2011
Samu-tan said:
@Hatsuyuki The dude did act like an asshole, but I do think Hana observed him acting weirdly after being stabbed by the giant mantis. That might have been why he was being overly aggressive before falling into the mantis pit and being imbued with eggs.

The rest of the show really isn't that great like you said, but it's managing to hold my attention for now. The random exposition for character backstories makes me lol at times tho.

is surrounded by multiple giant mutated manti with impending death "I wanted to be a doctor and an astronaut!" lmao that one got me good

The search for a good survival anime continues...
Jun 28, 2019 9:11 PM

Oct 2012
With the other pods out there I'm curious to see if this will turn into something like The Walking Dead where the other humans end up being more dangerous than what they're all fighting against (aka a mutated / evolved world it seems).
Jun 29, 2019 7:50 PM

May 2012
He did not rape or try to rape her at all

Also. Not to forget that it is hana fault that he was stabbed by that bug in previous episode because she did not allow him to burn the bugs
Jul 2, 2019 2:37 PM
Mar 2018
Hatsuyuki said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Jesus this show is bad. So you're trying to tell me that the guy who acted like a total douchebag for the entirety of the first episode and even (potentially) tried to rape someone in his team all of a sudden sacrifices himself in order to save them and gives them vital info on how to keep surviving ? Also the show does a very poor job in trying to bring some depth to these characters with these rushed scenes. In the end we still don't really know anything about these characters and we don't have any reason to actually care about their fate.

I agree with this. The anime is doing a really poor job of making us care for the characters. At this point, any of them could die and I would feel absolutely nothing.
Jul 11, 2019 12:55 AM

May 2015
So you are telling me from millions of Japanese people, both Hana and Arashi were chosen by random to be in 7seeds project.
C'mon man, make this show more believable.
Jul 12, 2019 7:46 AM
Sep 2007
Limited number of people as the seeds of mankind? Sounds like there will be massive inbreeding in later generations. They're doomed.
Jul 15, 2019 8:39 AM

Jul 2015
Wait what's the point of making just five teams with each team only one team leader? why not make better survival gear?

Honestly the project seems kinda poorly planned

Jul 20, 2019 4:48 PM

Jun 2013
This could be so much better than it is
Jul 23, 2019 1:46 PM
Feb 2018
This show makes no sense but I really like the characters! And yes, Mr "I came here to protect women and children!" who tried to rape a woman and throw a child to monsters to preserve himself didn't deserve a hero's death.
Aug 6, 2019 11:57 AM

Jul 2015
Ok, yeah... I have to admit that animation sucks but I'll keep watching this because 1) I loooooove the manga 2) Even though is not the adaptation I was hoping for, at least it's something and 3) I've watched worst series so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Sep 29, 2019 1:47 PM
Sep 2011
Samu-tan said:

I agree totally, its a bit far fetched with big insects but im hoping the rest of the story and character building will at least make it watchable
Apr 10, 2020 9:35 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
Well the guy that died was really a strange dude. I did not really understand his part in all of this. He seemd like an ***hole but then says "I just wanted you to survive". I really dont get it.

Well one less, didnt actually like him anyway.

That the couple gets there together is highly unbelivable tbh

Let's see what will haben next. o.o

Jun 8, 2020 4:39 PM

May 2017
This second episode wasn't so bad. A lot more interesting and dramatic than the first. I liked getting to know Group A a little bit better
demisionJun 8, 2020 4:54 PM
Sep 5, 2021 8:34 AM

Dec 2016
would pay good money to kill mc god she's fucking annoying
AnimeFreak-San said:
is this a male gender issure...human issue...mental illness perhaps?
Sep 12, 2021 9:09 AM

Oct 2013
This project is so dumb lol
They should ALL had a briefing with a physical and survival training before the cryosleep, and explaining them how to survive. IDK, like astronauts sending on a new planet. You can't just take kids and throw them in a post apocalyptic world without saying anything. Good way to save humanity eh.
Oct 12, 2022 11:51 PM
Feb 2022
i dont get why the bugs took off completely. they didnt even try bringing some fire with them at all to make it through.

also the whole world depends on these teams but they are left with basically no tools or equipment or weapons? wtf
Oct 30, 2023 11:57 PM

Mar 2012
i hope the manga is better written than this, given it's a longer series and this being a netflix adaptation, but man, nothing here makes sense.
Apr 14, 3:39 AM
Nov 2023
Ainda tenho a mesma opinião sobre as coisas, animação ruim e mau desenvolvimento de personagem. Em uma série onde o tema principal é a SOBREVIVÊNCIA dos personagens, eu acho que pelo menos UM personagem precisa ser desenvolvido, como um dos caras acima falou, se qualquer personagem morrer, eu não vou me importar.

Mas falando sobre o episódio. Esse projeto não faz sentido, se houve uma catástrofe e eles foram congelados, por que ninguém tem armas? E por que os líderes da missão parecem que não sabem o que fazer? Outra coisa que não faz sentido é depois de um bagulho desses cair na terra as coisas continuarem “normais” e surgirem monstros gigantes e etc.

Esse episódio foi melhor que o primeiro, mas não chega nem perto de ser bom. Depois de um início desses, nem que tenha os melhores 10 episódios de todos os tempos vai ser bom, talvez se acertarem algumas vezes esse anime fique razoável.
Sep 26, 10:28 AM

Nov 2020
This is too hopeless, I give up...

2/10

More topics from this board

Poll: » 7 Seeds Episode 1 Discussion

Samu-tan - Jun 28, 2019

45 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Sep 26, 10:17 AM

Poll: » 7 Seeds Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Samu-tan - Jun 28, 2019

55 by JVskunkape »»
Jun 19, 11:34 AM

Poll: » 7 Seeds Episode 11 Discussion

Samu-tan - Jun 28, 2019

18 by JVskunkape »»
Jun 19, 11:11 AM

Poll: » 7 Seeds Episode 10 Discussion

Samu-tan - Jun 28, 2019

16 by JVskunkape »»
Jun 19, 10:27 AM

Poll: » 7 Seeds Episode 5 Discussion

Hatsuyuki - Jun 28, 2019

20 by JVskunkape »»
Jun 18, 9:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.