Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Carole & Tuesday
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jun 6, 2019 5:52 PM

Jul 2012
Oh man, I wasn't prepared for the Mermaid Sisters' performance! I couldn't stop laughing, that was awesome!

I hated Cybelle, I'm glad she lost but unfortunately I think she'll be back in the future. Althought, I liked her performance way better than Angela's. Like many have said before I find Angela's style and song too generic and unoriginal.
Jun 6, 2019 5:59 PM

Oct 2015
I felt the Mermaid sisters were robbed though, because I felt their words deep inside me. I was touched for sure XD! That tantrum though will be my highlight for the entire season B-) :-) :O

Cybelle is just a plain lunatic stalker, who just needs a big slap for personal space.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jun 6, 2019 6:03 PM
May 2016

• I was surprised to find Maika Loubté on this show! She definitely sings better in French. Plus GGK and Cybelle absolutely nailed it today.
  • The overall reaction to Angela's performance was rather amusing. Her song was definitive mainstream pop, especially the composition. Pyotr, Angela and C&T seem to be the only artists on talent show that have any pop inclinations.

While Pyotr's performance focused on groovy elements with a clear purpose of entertaining the audience, Angela's performance was a perfectly polished performance of an otherwise pop melody. In comparison, C&T were actually lacking in delivery. Their song was unpolished melody-wise, hence it sounded plain to Catherine but it was lyrically very unique, so, in retrospect, it isn't surprising that Tao came to visit them today.
  • It's going to be nice to see Pyotr vs. Angela followed by Angela vs. C&T. If C&T polish their melody and deliver it well, Angela should be easy to defeat imo.
Jun 6, 2019 6:08 PM
Oct 2017
how does watanabe commission music that's not just the best music ever in anime but better than a lot music coming out
Jun 6, 2019 7:08 PM
May 2017
Angela is a strong contender for Carole and Tuesday...

Work it make it do it make us...
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Jun 6, 2019 7:24 PM

Dec 2014
I believe the Mermaid Sisters just won the internet. XD
Those lyrics cracked me up.

Angela's performance was great, the other two were not my cup of tea but they were pretty cool.
Jun 6, 2019 7:35 PM

Jul 2015
The mermaid sisters got robbed real bad
Jun 6, 2019 7:39 PM

Jan 2013
Mermaid Sisters with the greatest song of all time and they were robbed lol. if the OST full album comes out, i hope Galactic Mermaid is part of it in its full complete glory!

didnt expect Angela's song having that kind of beat...but it works! and i knew Cybelle was bad news
dannymilkJun 6, 2019 7:58 PM
Jun 6, 2019 7:57 PM

Sep 2017
Lmao mermaid sisters were unreal. Cybelle is really creeping me out. I'm surprised she was put up against Angella. Figured that since she was given more screen time she'd be a semi finalist. Still I'm happy she's eliminated cause she's a creep, but I'm kinda worried about what else she might do.
Jun 6, 2019 8:53 PM

Dec 2014
Angelas voice seemed more auto tuned than normal or is it me....
Jun 6, 2019 9:01 PM

Jun 2014
LMAO. I hope "Galactic Mermaids" will go down in history as one of the best "anime out of context" clips. Will make excellent memes.
Jun 6, 2019 9:09 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
I actually liked all the songs this episode. o3o GGK's song (Milky Way) was actually really cool to me.
Mermaid Sisters with their song (Mermaid Galaxy) were amazing. I'm surprised people were so shocked. Like, I'd be in the crowd cutting UP. XD They sounded so good too. There was a show like American Idol for acapella groups, they should totally do that o3o Man, they had their choreography down too. Damn. I'm like singing the heck out of their song right now.

Anyway, Cybelle sure is spooky. We'll see how that goes. I actually don't know how anything will go at this point. I'm so intrigued. OO: I mean, we have 24 episodes and we're only on episode 9. I can only assume this competition will not lead to victory for Carole and Tuesday, but we'll see!

Also, can I just say I kinda wish Carole said a little more to Cybelle. I mean, she's right that Tuesday should speak up if she doesn't like something, and she did take her out of the situation as best as she could at that moment. However, I guess I just would have put some words on her.;; But Carole also doesn't know what's what. Like, I get her. She can't know if she's okay with what Cybelle's doing or not if Tuesday doesn't speak up as well. It's just like... wuuhh.;; It's not that Carole's wrong, but... mn...

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Jun 6, 2019 9:17 PM

Dec 2014
the cursing with mermaid sisters made me laugh so hard
Jun 6, 2019 11:27 PM

Apr 2016

I found it cool too and for my taste it's the best song among all the contestants. I Thought the music would be from flying lotus since he's participating also in this show as composer.

Angela's arrangement was super generic, but as someone who understands French I didn't find Cybelle's song that enjoyable either (the lyrics and the interpretation felt kind of alien)(and yes I know Maika is French).

Same.
As for Angela, I thought they would have added some strings or elements on the refrain to hook people even more but they might have decided to keep it minimal to emphasize on the voice.

Swiggy said:

Also, can I just say I kinda wish Carole said a little more to Cybelle. I mean, she's right that Tuesday should speak up if she doesn't like something, and she did take her out of the situation as best as she could at that moment. However, I guess I just would have put some words on her.;; But Carole also doesn't know what's what. Like, I get her. She can't know if she's okay with what Cybelle's doing or not if Tuesday doesn't speak up as well. It's just like... wuuhh.;; It's not that Carole's wrong, but... mn...

Carole did nothing wrong. She did tell Tuesday to speak up. It's sure a friend's responsibility to help when needed but it's first Tuesday's business to not let herself being dragged into this unhealthy "shit". Tuesday is a victim (of being too nice) but it's not easy to answer the question about how far Carole should take the chaperon's role.
There's the problem of dependency. Cybelle is definitely manipulating Tuesday but if Carole is the one who "takes control" of Tuesday (even for "her own good") it's not healthy either.

One thing is sure : Cybelle needs a psychiatrist.
Jun 6, 2019 11:43 PM

Aug 2015
Mermaid Sisters and Cybelle were my favorite performances this week. Mermaid Sisters' "Galactic Mermaid" is a mood, and totally never expected it X) Bummed they didn't make it XD

Also, I like Cybelle. I liked her song, but I agree the way she was acting towards Tuesday was not okay. I really would like to see her in future episodes and learn more about her though...hopefully she changes for the better.
Jun 7, 2019 12:13 AM

Mar 2014
i dont really understand tuesday? was she trying to be friendly towards friends she made? i know she'd been a flower at a greenhouse, but still i expect her to judge what's good and bad for her.
Jun 7, 2019 12:24 AM
Apr 2013
That episode seemed like it ended way too quickly.

I like seeing the diversity of characters in this show. GGK is an extreme free spirit, Mermaid Sisters are vulgar. Cybelle is nuts and according to the next episode summary we may get some more on this weird forced relationship with Tuesday.
Tuesday is kind, but I also wonder what she is thinking.

As much as I am in this like/dislike towards Angela, Move Mountains with the background music is amazing.

Next episode is going to be great.
Jun 7, 2019 12:52 AM
Jan 2018
I can't wait for the album to come out
Jun 7, 2019 2:16 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Ysad_Ziwezhan said:

I found it cool too and for my taste it's the best song among all the contestants. I Thought the music would be from flying lotus since he's participating also in this show as composer.

Angela's arrangement was super generic, but as someone who understands French I didn't find Cybelle's song that enjoyable either (the lyrics and the interpretation felt kind of alien)(and yes I know Maika is French).

Same.
As for Angela, I thought they would have added some strings or elements on the refrain to hook people even more but they might have decided to keep it minimal to emphasize on the voice.

Swiggy said:

Carole did nothing wrong. She did tell Tuesday to speak up. It's sure a friend's responsibility to help when needed but it's first Tuesday's business to not let herself being dragged into this unhealthy "shit". Tuesday is a victim (of being too nice) but it's not easy to answer the question about how far Carole should take the chaperon's role.
There's the problem of dependency. Cybelle is definitely manipulating Tuesday but if Carole is the one who "takes control" of Tuesday (even for "her own good") it's not healthy either.

One thing is sure : Cybelle needs a psychiatrist.
No, like I said, it's definitely not that Carole's wrong, and she did as much as she could have done. Yet at the same time, I just feel like-- and this is probably a personal thing and not what I feel the anime itself should have done-- that Carole could had said just a bit more. Or really I think what I'm feeling is that I'm interested in what Carole feels about the situation personally...?

It's not that I don't think she did all she could do as a friend, but I'm interested in what she feels as a friend as well. We got a lot of visual cues that suggested she wasn't okay with some of what Cybelle was saying and doing, but she didn't actually express them in words. And that's fine! That's good, but that makes it even more interesting since Carole usually does chime in. Because of that, I can't help but wonder if Cybelle's words were bothering her more than she let on or on a way deeper level that we wouldn't understand yet... but because of that, it REALLY makes me wish that she said a bit more or said a little something to Cybelle or something so we could know for sure.

BUT I get it. I completely understand why we weren't granted that yet. This is an important time for Tuesday to grow too, so it'd probably be best to let that play out and THEN address whatever Carole is feeling about it as they've decided to do in the story.

It's not the show or Carole, it's just me wanting to know stuff I can't know yet, ha hah!;;

But yeah, I hope Cybelle doesn't hurt herself or anyone else. She did say she'd like to make a mark/leave something behind while she's young, and as I think about it, those are some dangerous words coming from her... It's like, uh oh. Putting it all into context, what does she mean by that? What's she going to do...?

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Jun 7, 2019 4:53 AM

Nov 2013
HAHAHAHA
FUCKING SHIT, SON OF A B****, MOTHERF*****, F****** BULLSHIT!
HAHAHAHAHA

favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Jun 7, 2019 4:57 AM

Jul 2017
A break day for Carole & Tuesday, good experience for them to know where they stand.

Cybelle...obsessed with Tuesday. Must be a fan. But deep inside she's a being with insecurity that's written all over her face. And this is still an understatement to her toxicity towards Tuesday.

On with the competition! Round 1 is GGK vs. Mermaid Singers. GGK's song is quite solemn but captivating from a spectacle POV. However, Mermaid Singers, their song really is just...out of this world. Cracking laughs and even their violent nature after. Just speaks volumes. I swear that we need Mermaid Singer's song when the world goes astray.

Round 2 with Cybelle vs. the idol Angela. Brilliant song to go with her facade personality, even if by no means a key to win over Angela's songpick, which is so much better and complete than what Carole and Tuesday were trying to create prior episodes before.

In the end, Tuesday turning down Cybelle was the right thing to do to end her disillusionment. Things are heating up!
Jun 7, 2019 6:13 AM

Mar 2019
Cybelle officially needs to back off and stop touching best girl. She also needs serious help....I can see her as a villain later and I'm not looking forward to it... especially if she's another SAO 2 villian
Jun 7, 2019 6:20 AM
Jan 2019
all song's is great but Cybelle's song have very dark meaning behind it

mermaid sister song make my day great lol never knew you can make an good harmony from those awful words
Jun 7, 2019 6:21 AM
Jun 2017
ANGELA- IS A GREAT ONE, i love how she have sang that one. right from the opening up until the end of the song, that is an impressive one...

GGK (or the one sung the milky way), i liked how she have perform her piece, the ambiance and the way she sung it match the song very well...

and to the Mermaid sister - hahahaha... that song they have sung is not for TV... thats why the judge suddenly stopped their performance...

good luck to carole and tuesday..
Jun 7, 2019 6:30 AM

Dec 2015
Those judges were so wrong.
The Mermaid Sisters were way better than that stupid hippie chick.
Jun 7, 2019 7:36 AM
Jan 2017
I have a feeling we are going to see Cybelle again, and it is not going to be in a good way.

She might get Tuesday to get sent back to her parents.
Jun 7, 2019 8:15 AM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
Mermaid Sister's song will officially be my alarm tone, message tone, email tone, ring tone and the song I play everyday when I'm going to work, such magnificently well-thought lyrics that puts the best songwriters to shame.
Jun 7, 2019 9:54 AM

Dec 2011
Now that 10th June is coming next week I bet Cybelle will pull off something nasty on Tuesday's birthday and this thought won't leave my head until I see the actual episode. I am really concerned.

Yet I must say that Cybelle's performance in itself was neat. French somehow suits her.

Milky Way, on the other hand, was the kind of song I didn't know I would grow to like that much. When GGK started singing these two simple words at the very end I was completely enchanted.

And Mermaid Sisters? Love 'em. They had me hollering XD Didn't see that one coming for sure!

It's also great that Angela's performance was so carefully and beautifully animated even though her choreography wasn't as complex as Pyotr's. Those smooth movements were so nice to watch, and I absolutely adore her voice. So cool!
Jun 7, 2019 9:57 AM

Feb 2007
Galactic Mermaid is clearly the greatest song ever created. :D
Jun 7, 2019 10:35 AM

Aug 2016
It was good episode. The artists keep surprising me. Last week I expected OG to sound like Rag'N'Bone Man not like hip hop Pavarotti. I like that they kept the surprises going this week.

I expected GGK to sound like FKA Twigs not Erykah Badu. I really like "Milky Way" performed by Madison McFerrin . They came through with a little neosoul.

My favorite performance came from the Mermaid Sisters. Oh my gosh it was hilarious and they sounded good. I was not expecting them to sound like a foul-mouthed version of the Andrew Sisters. They should've won it all, LOL. Someone posted a 10 hour version of the song on YouTube.

Cybelle, is definitely Creepybelle. She's about to level up her creepy. Cybelle is going to be trouble, and I'm here for it. Finally someone on the show to hate. I dislike her even more than I disliked her song and performance. I know she'll be back stalkers don't go away because they're rejected. I'm looking forward to Creepybelle's return.

Tuesday's birthday is next week on June 10th (excellent timing by the creators), I bet Carole went shopping for her gift early in the episode.
D_GeekGirlJun 8, 2019 6:51 PM
Jun 7, 2019 11:37 AM

Jan 2019
...and the MVP goes to (intense drums sound)...MERMAID SISTERS
Ushiromiya Battler, right now, on this island, no one exists except for you. You're the only one alive in this island. However I'm here right now, and i'm about to kill you. Who... am I?
Jun 7, 2019 1:04 PM

Feb 2019
Every time I watch an episode of this it is over before it begins. My initial reaction was that this episode was the weakest but after I thought awhile this episode really sets the stage for some drama further down the line if not even next episode

Angela's song was a run of the mill top 40's pop hit and that is exactly what I wanted out of her. Glad to hear the fuller version of I Can Move Mountains.

Cybelle has that weird existential French Pop vibe which is very befitting of her stalker like qualities.

The Mermaid Sisters was some nice comic relief, was not expecting that, haha.

My initial reason for this being the weakest episode of the series was because it started out with GGK's performance which was just bad.

How many others here watch the opening to this show every time? It has become one of my favorite OP's.
Jun 7, 2019 1:56 PM
Dec 2017
The Mermaid sisters were an unexpected surprise. I've put that song on repeat, it's that good. But just like the big music talent shows in the real world, they put any pop shit at the top, at the expense of actually original and entertaining music.

Now as to cybelle. She only likes Tuesday for the fame, lusting just a side effect. That's backwards from how yandere should be. As soon as she got famous, she'd dump Tuesday and go yandere someone even more famous.
Jun 7, 2019 2:32 PM

Apr 2016
Swiggy said:

It's not the show or Carole, it's just me wanting to know stuff I can't know yet, ha hah!;;

But yeah, I hope Cybelle doesn't hurt herself or anyone else. She did say she'd like to make a mark/leave something behind while she's young, and as I think about it, those are some dangerous words coming from her... It's like, uh oh. Putting it all into context, what does she mean by that? What's she going to do...?

I understand now what you meant.

Regarding Cybelle words, it went shortly through my mind as well that she could have meant she didn't want to live long and become old. I'm not sure tough that the show will go that far with her.
Jun 7, 2019 4:54 PM
Cherry Thighs

Apr 2013
I really hope this means that we won't be seeing Cybelle again, but I honestly doubt that and feel she's going to cause some hassle for at least Tuesday and maybe Carole as well. I really dislike watching stalker-like behaviour.

But the performance by Angela was pretty breath-taking. I'm looking forward to seeing more from her, even if her personality is on the nasty side.
Jun 7, 2019 9:48 PM

May 2011
I didn't really expect this show would go all out on the vulgarities, especially since this anime gave me the very innocent vibe at the beginning. But now that I've seen Cybelle and the Mermaid Sister, it no longer is an anime that I'm expecting it to be haha.
Jun 7, 2019 11:26 PM

May 2016
Lol, the people here expecting the candidates to have some kind of style or takent that's any different from the mainstream don't freaking know how talent music shows go.

You gotta judge these songs by popular modern maintream standards, not whatever preference you might have that probably doesn't stick with the common crowd anyway. When you say stuff like "generic" it means nothing here, that's pratically the point.

That said, they where all pretty decent. Except the Mermaids which doesn't really count.
HyperLJun 8, 2019 12:04 AM
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Jun 8, 2019 2:14 AM

Feb 2014
Cybelle always had that mysterious aura about her and her song "La ballade" was an absoulute trance. That was some up the beat performance.
On the other hand Angela did sing better than the last time but still I don't think she's better in her own right. She's just the singer with the star upon her. I kinda don't like her singing.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jun 8, 2019 2:22 AM

Feb 2019
Tuesday really should get as far away from Cybelle, like, she literally bited Tuesday's neck outta nowhere, wtf??

But i admit Cybelle's performance was beautiful, as well as KKD's. Mermaid sister's was amazing XD
Jun 8, 2019 4:17 AM

Sep 2009
Funny thing, I found that Tuesday has BD in the same day as me.

Also, despite all creepines of her character, Ayaneru made a great job again.
Jun 8, 2019 10:44 AM

Feb 2015
Carole and Tuesday went the next day to see the contest and Tuesday encountered with Cybelle, who suggested a band with her. GGK competed against Mermaid Sisters and she won due to Mermaid Siter’s lyrics. Cybelle bit Tuesday’s neck. Cybelle competed against Angela and Angela won due to her vocal abilities and fame. Tuesday rejected Cybelle’s idea of becoming a band and left.

Now, I’m really freaked out about Cybelle, what the fuck about biting her and being hers, I don’t know what to expect from this yandere, but is gonna make the story more interesting.
Jun 8, 2019 11:07 AM
Feb 2017
I'm not enjoying this Mars Brightest arc that much. Angela surely did well and her song can get you pumped. But Cybelle's song had more emotion, though its lyrics are a bit creepy if you consider she's stalking Tuesday. (And I'm conscious that Angela had to win because she is Carole and Tuesday "true rival".) By the way, I'm getting tired about Tuesday. Everything in this anime has been about her since the very first episode. Oh, Tuesday's family... Oh, Tuesday's fears... Oh, Tuesday's incapability of doing anything by her own... Oh, Tuesday has a stalker now... Ok, I get it. She is a shy little rich girl learning to be independent and chasing her dreams, and it was actually nice to see her confronting Cybelle, but... Can we get to Carole now? Can we see her past? Can we know more about her fears, her dreams, her love interests? I don't want her to be "Tuesday's best friend" only. Hope to see more Carole in the next episodes.
Jun 8, 2019 2:12 PM

Dec 2015
Nice episode. Liked Cybelle's song morethan Angela's though. Mermaid sisters were pretty funny - most fun act so far.

Only thing I don't like is Cybelle's personality. Fee's like she is going into stalker-yuri-lesbian mode and going to try to destroy Carole and Tuesday now.
Jun 8, 2019 3:40 PM
Mar 2015
The Mermaid Sisters and their Song was Fucking Bullshit
Jun 8, 2019 9:00 PM

Jun 2013
I need to buy or download Fucking Bullshit by the Mermaid Sisters. That was probably the best song in this entire series tbh. That song murdered me then I was resurrected by the same song shortly after. I didn't really hear the one Mermaid Brother sing though. I thought he was going to rap while the sisters provided the tempo.

Cybelle... hmm, her song was nice but honestly, she's creepy. She "marked" Tuesday and I guess either she's going to stalk her, report to her mom, stab Tuesday or Carole or probably do something else that's equally as crazy.

Angela's song was gorgeous. She has a beautiful voice. I have a feeling that either Carole and Tuesday will lose BUT they will get a record deal and become popular. Angela is already popular.
臭い-
Jun 8, 2019 11:28 PM

Mar 2019
Cybelle's song was better imo, Angela's was just a typical pop song. Meanwhile Carol and Tuesday the only ones with and playing actual instruments that isnt some dance/pop track baking the vocalist.
Jun 9, 2019 7:01 AM

Feb 2011
The perormance of Mermaid Sisters was so funny and sounds good too! I like Cybelle's preformance and Angela's too!
Jun 9, 2019 8:14 AM

Jan 2015
Disappointed! What kind of cheap ass show refuses lyrical talent like the Mermaid Sisters?! Fucking bullshit, I tell ya!
Jun 9, 2019 9:25 AM
Jun 2019
ttcchen said:
the obsessive yandere-like girl, Cybelle I think was her name, is kinda creepy and psycho but i do like her song. I feel like her song is more emotional than Angela's.

But the MVP has to be the Mermaid Sisters. Love their song lmao

Just a lesbian https://www.google.com/search?biw=1920&bih=937&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=aDH9XIi9J_Kz5OUPtpKK8AY&q=lesbian+neck+biting+&oq=lesbian+neck+biting+&gs_l=img.3...19398.21285..21477...0.0..0.109.612.2j4......0....1..gws-wiz-img.Pmrh33iU5II
Jun 9, 2019 9:36 AM

May 2016
Pretty good ep! Loving the musical performances so much. GGK won this ep for me--my typa shit--but they were all fucking great. C&T are gonna have to step their game up! Really looking forward to seeing/hearing all of the artists' second songs. Also really like the detail of Tuesday's bday literally being next week--wonder if something special will be posted on the duo's insta.
Oh and the artist behind GGK is really fucking great too. This show has been doing such a good job of introducing me to new artists.

^ Not sure if I like what Tuesday's mom is putting out though... Wonder if anything will come of this.
ZaugrJun 9, 2019 9:45 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2019

115 by Kamirura »»
Aug 23, 9:15 AM

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 22, 2019

117 by MimiHamburger »»
Jun 30, 3:26 AM

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2019

111 by OtterBoy1 »»
Jun 9, 5:28 AM

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2019

212 by Shikkakku »»
Apr 28, 4:24 AM

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2019

73 by Shikkakku »»
Apr 27, 8:34 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.