Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Dec 19, 2017 3:31 PM

Oct 2015
I am glad Ayaka got to live and mostly I loved this series overall. My favorite character was Alice, her deduction skills made this anime worthwhile. The Protagonist Narumi was one useless guy, he was dumb, not a looker, not a fighter and certainly not a dependable guy. But any ways the other guys covered for him and made this series very good. I think its better than some mystery anime I have watched such as hyouka and the characters are not bad. In this episode I liked the wisdom Alice gave to Narumi about NEET importance and also how Ayaka jumped to preserve their bond.I wished their showed Alice's background and where is her family and how did she end up like that ( being a NEET detective).

I really loved Alice so I will add her to my favorite and will give this one 8/10. Too bad it was not a 2-cour anime as I would've rated it higher.
lihle808Dec 19, 2017 3:37 PM
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jan 24, 2018 6:37 AM
Mar 2017
9/10 for me, need season 2
May 23, 2019 2:36 AM

Aug 2015
This series was on hold for me for many years but thankfully last night i got the chance to watch it and was not disappointed at all.

A great anime which i wished would have gotten a second season just to find out what happened in the anime after ayaka woke up.

We still don't know anything about who or what Alice actually is?
Dec 18, 2019 3:16 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Seriously Ayaka was a true masterpiece, 10/10 for this arc.
Other arcs were from meh to good for me so I give this anime a 8/10, it hurts me right in the feelings.
Mar 27, 2020 7:09 PM
Oct 2019
I really enjoyed this anime. I’ve kinda been in a rut recently, not able to find anything I can watch to completion. But this was very nice. This want really supposed to be a romance anime but I really like the subtle inclusion of it. I wish there was a bit more to watch with Ayaka waking up and all but I can be happy with this.
Jun 23, 2020 9:39 PM

May 2020
Nice ending. Narumi was ballsy, the scientist got taken down, and Ayaka woke up. Glad I stuck through this anime.
Apr 23, 2021 7:17 AM
Dec 2018
It has interesting arcs but the rest was pure boring. Although it has a nice ending so I'll give it a 6/10.
Jun 18, 2021 5:56 AM

Mar 2019
Yessss, Ayaka woke up in the end!!!

Nvm, I take back what I said 2 episodes ago, I feel bad for her and fuck that scientist. We don't know what happened with her brother after he got beaten up, but what matters is that Ayaka is ok. That ending with the rooftop scene was touching. I still don't like Narumi that much but he was ok here. Alice also having a badass moment. Good anime, got boring at some episodes but it got better in the second half. I'm going to miss the characters.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Feb 14, 2022 4:59 AM

Dec 2020
Rough start. Didn't get hooked on the first EP but I kept going and ended up really enjoying the series. The whole NEET thing was kinda cringe to me too.
Mar 17, 2023 5:00 PM

Dec 2022
Last episode consisted of wannabe mafia teenagers feeling proud of themselves for beating barely conscious druggies to death. Narumi apparently needs an army behind him and a half-dead "opponent" who isn't even fighting him to actually assert himself for the first time. Was this supposed to be a feel good episode about delivering "justice"? The main characters are less sympathetic than the antagonists of this arc.
Archean-ReturnMay 17, 9:43 AM

Shaded Horizon

Apr 6, 2023 3:20 PM
Dec 2021
bad anime for me, did not enjoy much.
Jul 23, 2023 4:42 AM

Apr 2013
Finally this is over. The first arc was not bad, but the rest was pretty painful to watch. I give it one extra point for Min fanservice but that's about it. 2/10
Oct 12, 2023 6:37 PM

Sep 2023
Uhh... So look, I totally absolutely understand why most if not all the comments here so far have said they are glad Ayaka woke up. And I don't want people to misjudge me thinking I'm not sympathetic. But I'm an oddball, and by that I mean I'm a sucker for tearjerker, heartstring pullers, emotional distressers, etc. I know it sounds backwards but psychological turmoil in the guise of sad anime stories help me feel. As in, the ability to FEEL itself, feel feelings. I have a problem with those who misunderstand depression, see, for some like me with depression, it causes a lack of emotion. It's a numbness that can't just be fixed with only happy go lucky anime. Don't get me wrong I love slice of life from time to time like Non Non Biyori and other similar ones. But this. THIS genre of anime, the combination of detective with psychological thriller, is not supposed to be happy.

PARANOIA AGENT is what comes to mind as the best comparison for how I believe this anime should have gone. Seeing angels and angel wings with drugs is comparable to seeing yokai or in the aforementioned, the kid with the golden bat.

My point is that, yes, her waking up is indeed HAPPY. A good thing. But I actually dislike that. It really takes away... Took away from the emotions of grief, bereavement, etc. Emotional pain that leads to crying is good for me because I have a need for crying because normally I feel numb inside. Crying for some, if not most, is negative. And I can understand that to be especially true if something in REAL life caused it, such as the death of a loved one. That never feels good and that is NOT the type of good crying I am referring to. At all.

Fiction. Anime is fiction. And being able to utilize my empathy/sympathy to cause myself to FEEL for a fictional story, to cry for something that can't actually have a real life negative impact on me, is a good... GOOD feeling. I love to be overwhelmed by a dauntingly emotional anime. And again it needn't always be a negative anime scene. When, for example in YashaHime, Moroha was reunited with her parents, that allowed me to cry happy tears. But sad tears are just as effective in allowing me to push away the numbness.

I'm sorry but... Ayaka's awakening totally ruins the effect. It's like applying orajel or novacaine. It made what was sad be totally overwritten. I wouldn't know if it was JC's doing, or if JC followed the manga, as I have not read it. But regardless, don't you think if she had died it would have given more depth to the anime? Having her wake up makes it more "lite" if you know what I mean. Anyway, sorry for being a killjoy if you disagree. I am in the minority and I know that.
Oct 8, 12:13 AM

Aug 2018
Second time through. Decent enough series. 8/10
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kamisama no Memochou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Jul 2, 2011

309 by Karva1 »»
Aug 8, 10:48 AM

» Give me reason to continue this series

IoriSei - Jul 27

9 by Reformednhk »»
Jul 31, 9:48 PM

Poll: » Kamisama no Memochou Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 2, 2011

73 by TheSelleri »»
Apr 3, 9:22 PM

» Alice, I cant understand her.

Playcool - Jun 5, 2016

3 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 4, 2023 7:13 PM

» When they make season 2 of Kamisama no Memochou

Sugram22 - Aug 30, 2013

20 by GearheadOtaku »»
Oct 12, 2023 7:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.