Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 21, 2019 7:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
More moments between Takuya and Mio this episode but Jesus Christ, her dad has a shotgun?! Yeah, that was awkward.

There's still a sense of mystery but the episode had some of those cringy humor. Of course Mitsuki would suspect that Mio may be in love with Takuya.
May 21, 2019 8:44 AM

Aug 2013
Well, the first half was kinda weird.

May 21, 2019 8:47 AM

May 2017
Alright, cool. I actually wasn't expecting to jump into Mio's arc right after Ayumi's, but I'll take it!

Mio is one of my favorite characters from the visual novel, and I'm hoping you will see why in the next few episodes. Unfortunately the development was a little bit rushed and it still feels like they're combining certain scenes that happen one-on-one in the visual novel to save time, turning them into conversations between multiple people - but it's actually working out fine and isn't negatively impacting the plot progression.

That scene with Yuuki waiting outside the school, and then you just see him collapsed on the ground with his head down... LMAO RIP

I think the comedy and crude humor in this is well executed seeing as it was a big part of the original visual novel. It doesn't take away from the serious atmosphere with how well timed it is in my opinion.

The atmosphere in general is just stunning. I know I've kinda been bashing the animation (or lack thereof), but the art is absolutely incredible. Tons of detail in characters, backgrounds, and their expressions.

This episode managed to pack in a lot of content without feeling too rushed, and was pretty fantastic! Again, my only complaint is that unlike the visual novel, we haven't seen much of Mio up until this point, so the progression between her and Takuya feels a bit rushed, but at least it still feels natural.
May 21, 2019 8:55 AM

Feb 2018
Lol Mio's dad with shotgun tho, how come he didn't see takuya's shoes at the door or maybe they were kept somewhere else

So its Mio's arc now, cant wait for more lewds if there are any.

I think the nurse teacher might have something to do with mayor's denouncement or maybe it was yuki.
May 21, 2019 9:00 AM

Oct 2012
Suddenly Mio route... but I liked it.

This series is really getting better with each episode and this one was certainly one with the best direction so far, music included - it had the beginning, the middle and the end, it contained both drama and romance and there were also many implications and hints for the the future developements (including Kanna).

Seems like they are joining the routes again but this time it worked really well. The interchange between Mio and Mitsuki was pure gold. We might have missed the scene on the beach but at least we got Mio at the changing room and Takuya's escape. It would be really nice to see how Yuuki reacts on all this.

Some fanservice shots :D
May 21, 2019 9:48 AM
Jan 2018
The conversation when Takuya was carrying the injured Mio was a lot better in the game. They talked about more interesting subjects and there was a more natural balance between Mio's tsun-tsun and dere-dere moments. The way she originally became increasingly tipsy from drowsiness was cute as well.
LaukkuMay 21, 2019 9:54 AM
May 21, 2019 10:09 AM

Aug 2013

They mixed many things together again. But this time it worked surprisingly well.

Btw. I really like Mio's modern character design way more.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
May 21, 2019 10:16 AM

Feb 2019
For the overall plot of the show, a whole lot of nothing happened

All they did was double and triple down on things I had already suspected were happening.

1) The fact that Mitsuki and Takuya have probably boned (still no definitive proof that they have)

2) The fact that Ryuzoji is probably doing something to Mitsuki

3) The fact that Mio's dad is probably corrupt

4) The fact that Mio likes Takuya.

None of these were exactly huge revelations, we've had hints of them from pretty early in the show.

I don't feel like the episode name is appropriate here. The indication is that small fries like Mio, Takuya and Yuki don't know what the big fries like Ryuzoji is doing....but this episode didn't really explore that aspect. This was more about Takuya's relationship with Mio and Mitsuki.
May 21, 2019 10:37 AM

May 2017
The episode made me want a massage chair.

I wasn't expecting Mio's arc. I thought her's would be the final one, so the anime pulled a fast one on me.
Signature:
I prefer comedies, horror, hentai, and combinations of such. Anime with a lack of fan service is a disservice.
May 21, 2019 10:45 AM

May 2017
sexyzombieroo said:
The episode made me want a massage chair.

I wasn't expecting Mio's arc. I thought her's would be the final one, so the anime pulled a fast one on me.

Yeah, with how episode 7 went, I thought for sure we'd be getting Mitsuki/Eriko's arc this time!
May 21, 2019 11:40 AM

May 2016
I've always been a sucker for tsunderes and Mio is no exception! I also think that her and Takuya are well suited for each other seeing the chemistry between and also that they share similar interests. I never played the VN but I am familiar with it so I'm looking forward to what's next in the future.
"You talk too much. Think too much."
"I don't care how justified you think your reasons are. I won't tolerate liars or thieves."
"If you're not going to be nice to me, don't expect me to be nice to you."
"I'm a soldier, not a superhero. Don't ever think of me as one."
"The world doesn't revolve around you. Get that through your thick skull."
"People who live by their emotions go nowhere in their lives. They only find misery.
"If you don't like the way your life is than do something about it instead of sitting there feeling sorry for yourself."
"You want something go get it. Period."
May 21, 2019 12:03 PM
Apr 2019
easily better than stein's gate
May 21, 2019 12:13 PM

Jan 2015
I am really enjoying this show... But, the casual misogyny and objectification is a little much, at times.
~ sXeblues - Reviews on Youtube ~
May 21, 2019 12:34 PM

May 2018
So does this ep suggest that Mitsuki and Takuya had some doing (know what am saying??), but ya know I you also happen to watch the hentai version, there is a part there where Tajuya and Mistsuki were indeed fuck buddies , oh and in the hentai version Mitsuki was actually Takuya's teacher.....byw Kanna was actually a whore but there is something else.
May 21, 2019 12:44 PM

Feb 2019
JiangHaoyi1979 said:
So does this ep suggest that Mitsuki and Takuya had some doing (know what am saying??),

It was suggested in the very first episode when Mitsuki told Takuya that she would comfort him after his dad died.
May 21, 2019 1:00 PM

May 2017
JiangHaoyi1979 said:
So does this ep suggest that Mitsuki and Takuya had some doing (know what am saying??), but ya know I you also happen to watch the hentai version, there is a part there where Tajuya and Mistsuki were indeed fuck buddies , oh and in the hentai version Mitsuki was actually Takuya's teacher.....byw Kanna was actually a whore but there is something else.

Don't compare this to the hentai OVA, the plot in the hentai OVA is not accurate.
May 21, 2019 4:16 PM

Oct 2017
Good shit, my favourite girl's here, so many shots of her too, feeling blessed tbh.

Then we saw Yuuki getting cucked, god speed mate.
May 21, 2019 5:54 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
the fanservice was on hella point this episode
May 21, 2019 6:08 PM

May 2017
m1n1nova said:
So we're on episode 8 now, still I just can't get a laugh from the "jokes". They're so dry and cringey that I actually get annoyed instead. Infact the only time I laughed so far was stepmoms suicide montage.

Idk, I thought the shotgun scene and the massage chair scene were both freaking hilarious. There was heavy comedy in the original VN so it makes sense that they'd be keeping that aspect here.

The second cour, however, changes tone pretty dramatically and you won't see many, if any stupid jokes.
May 21, 2019 6:21 PM

Jan 2011
sXeblues said:
I am really enjoying this show... But, the casual misogyny and objectification is a little much, at times.
guess i've grown out of this type of character as well it all i can do is give a big eye roll the guy has no chill even when i'm trying to listen seriously here's mc-kun talking about big boobs hardy har har part of me feels like they aren't even using all of them.

still a decent episode i really like mio despite being a tsun-tsun shes smart so seeing the focus on her is nice though sadly shes fallen into the trap of everyone must like MC regardless of how shitty he may be lol
May 21, 2019 7:46 PM
Feb 2019
whats up with kanna and the old guy, is my imagination right or is there a twist to her and the old guy
May 21, 2019 9:13 PM
Oct 2016
This scene who was mentioned on the end of this episode who shows Takuya and mitsuki catched by mio are in what episode?
May 21, 2019 9:58 PM

May 2015
Every episode makes me think this is more like Glasslip. The art and animation quality is really nice but the story is trash. Tbh I liked Glasslip better.
anikevinMay 21, 2019 11:02 PM
May 22, 2019 1:24 AM
Jun 2017
Ohh this is all about Mio's story. Well ij here it shows the reason why she is going to transfer to another school.

And the mystery lives on. Whats with that mountain?
May 22, 2019 2:17 AM

Aug 2018
Great episode, mixing a bit of soft perverted content (massage suggestion, Takuya entering Mio's changing room) and also a bit of mystery investigation. Though I'd like to learn more about the relation between him & the other woman ? Maybe it was said before meaning I forgot...

Kanna mysterious as always, it's like she is in the show but not really in... guess we need to wait to learn anything about her.

And the last scene with the denouncing paper must be something created by Kaori, for sure ! In this world, I guess she didn't end up in jail after breaking in Geotech's buildings.
May 22, 2019 4:16 AM

Oct 2012
I dont know what to feel with this series. I hope the vn coming to the west this year is better than this anime adaptation
May 22, 2019 6:59 AM
Apr 2014
Does Takuya become more perverted each time he jumps into a new timeline? Not much happened tbh, hopefully next one picks up the story.

May 22, 2019 7:26 AM

Sep 2015
ss4chris said:
I dont know what to feel with this series. I hope the vn coming to the west this year is better than this anime adaptation

Well, like all adaptations of Visual Novels, no? I have not seen at the moment any that is better than the original material compared to the JRPG adaptations.
May 22, 2019 12:14 PM

May 2018
ycleped said:
JiangHaoyi1979 said:

Don't compare this to the hentai OVA, the plot in the hentai OVA is not accurate.

Correction, not completely accurate which mean there were some part the were accurate and there were some that were not.
May 22, 2019 6:32 PM
Feb 2009
hooray for Mio fan service in the beginning
May 22, 2019 6:33 PM

Oct 2012
Nayout said:
ss4chris said:

Well, like all adaptations of Visual Novels, no? I have not seen at the moment any that is better than the original material compared to the JRPG adaptations.

steins gate did it really well.
May 22, 2019 8:12 PM

Jan 2015
katsu044 said:
guess i've grown out of this type of character as well it all i can do is give a big eye roll the guy has no chill even when i'm trying to listen seriously here's mc-kun talking about big boobs hardy har har part of me feels like they aren't even using all of them.

still a decent episode i really like mio despite being a tsun-tsun shes smart so seeing the focus on her is nice though sadly shes fallen into the trap of everyone must like MC regardless of how shitty he may be lol

Yea, exactly... I feel ya.
~ sXeblues - Reviews on Youtube ~
May 22, 2019 9:52 PM

Oct 2008
what's wrong being a walking libido!? lolz
4/5.

May 22, 2019 9:59 PM

Sep 2015
ss4chris said:
Nayout said:

Steins Gate is a good adaptation, but it is not at the level of the game.
May 23, 2019 6:49 AM

Feb 2019
Otorez said:

And the last scene with the denouncing paper must be something created by Kaori, for sure ! In this world, I guess she didn't end up in jail after breaking in Geotech's buildings.

In this world, that wouldn't have happened yet anyway. Remember Takuya's dad said he was being sent all the way back to the beginning.

As for Takuya's personality. It's obviously exaggerated, but I think it's probably a result of not knowing his mother, and having a father that spent most of his time researching and no time with his son. It seems like he is seeking attention, he seems to have had a fling with Mitsuki, and I do think he does, or at least at one time did care for her. His flirty with Eriko is also probably for attention. It's hard to tell in the anime, if he has romantic feelings for Ayumi, or if he just saw her as family. Maybe he likes the older women because he never had a mother.

If his flirty is misogynistic, I guess Kaori throwing him to the ground and proclaiming she wanted to pop a virgin's cherry is also misandry.
May 23, 2019 10:25 PM

Sep 2016
We're 8 episodes in and I'm still not invested in this show. I don't know why, but it's just not grabbing me for some reason. People keep saying the last 10 episodes will be truly great, but honestly I don't think I even care about it. The whole island thing and all these other clues like the elf girl, the time travel mechanic, the mc father; they just aren't interesting in the slightest. I tried giving this a chance but I may have to drop this for now. I'm really bored with it and felt like I been forcing myself to watch it hoping it gets intense but it's not.

It sucks because I really want this show to prove me wrong, but it's just painfully average at best. Another thing I am kinda disappointed by is the artsyle. It feels so generic and bland to me and doesn't have a distinct style to it for the type of mystery it's trying to be (which is failing pretty horribly at). I will keep checking out everybody's thoughts weekly to see if things pick up, but honestly I'm starting to lose faith in this show.
May 24, 2019 4:10 AM

Oct 2012
Nayout said:
ss4chris said:

Ill disagree with you. top 3 anime for 10+ years now is quite a feat.
May 24, 2019 10:58 AM

Sep 2015
ss4chris said:
Nayout said:

Have you played the game? Because all the problems that I have with the series are because of having played the game before watching the series and all those who play it have the same problem as well adapted as it is.
May 24, 2019 4:50 PM

Oct 2012
Nayout said:
ss4chris said:

Have you played the game? Because all the problems that I have with the series are because of having played the game before watching the series and all those who play it have the same problem as well adapted as it is.

yes

i care for the true ending arc. not multiple arcs/ endings. so w/e prob you may have, I don't/ others don't mostly.
May 24, 2019 5:50 PM

Mar 2009
With all the loli shows throughout the years, at least we have an MC here who hits on, and gets hit on by, older women. Kind of refreshing. Mitsuki is definitely getting arrested, though.
May 26, 2019 6:12 PM
Jan 2019
Good episode, what a good anime. It does not bore me at all, I say it with sincerity.
It has the excellent touch of mystery, drama and comedy xD.
1. Has Takuya really lost her virginity with Miss Mitsuki? I need an answer 😅 "I was a virgin before I met you, sex changes a boy, you know?" 😂
2.Ken no Misaki, Mount Sankaku, the Takanoamahara Village. What?! I wonder if the Takanoamahara will be the village of the elves.
Mio is very thorough in her research, thanks to that she is about to discover something big. It's a pity that her father, the mayor, is corrupt and that because of him, she has to leave her city and her precious investigation.
3. Wait, then, Takuya and Mitsuki have been hypnotized by Ryuzouji ?. If that is the case, perhaps Takuya unwittingly betrayed the mayor with the authorities on the corruption issue with the construction company Geotechnic. Although, most likely, Yuki, his friend, was the one who betrayed them by listening to the matter while Mio and Takuya talked about it, and also hearing that Mio is in love with Takuya (which is quite obvious). I would not be surprised if Yuki did it out of spite, although I hope to be wrong. I also suspect the bitch journalist, in a scene it is observed that he was spying on them.
4.Takuya uses the reflector device wisely, how? Well, to pass your math exam. LOL.
5.jajajajajaja, and when Takuya was in Mio's room and saw her half-naked, I could not stop laughing. His father almost killed him. LOL 😂.
6. Oh, I forgot! Why the hell Kana, apparently, has a relationship with that old man?
Well, I'll be waiting for the next episode. This is getting very interesting.
Jun 14, 2019 8:40 AM

Feb 2018
It seems like someone is jealous and does that. God, they're so romantic.
Nov 11, 2019 1:33 PM

Jul 2015
Lmao that scene with the dad and the gun was hilarious, yuki must have been scared out of his wits

I feel kind of bad for yuki since his love is onesided...

Aug 18, 2021 1:41 PM

Aug 2017
I hate Mio's dad, annoying fat old guy. Also, the comedy is awful.

And I dislike Mio already, they are trying something with her but I don't buy it.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2019

53 by Buhay127 »»
Jul 10, 12:39 PM

Poll: » Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2019

90 by Talamare »»
Jun 7, 7:51 AM

Poll: » Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2019

18 by Talamare »»
Jun 6, 8:48 PM

Poll: » Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2019

83 by RGreatDanton »»
May 16, 6:59 PM

Poll: » Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2019

88 by RGreatDanton »»
May 16, 6:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.