Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 16, 2019 8:31 AM

Aug 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
God Im in love with the setting and the music already! Aslong as the story delivers now I will be able to overlook the animations easily! Definetly one of the dark horses of this season!
Jan 16, 2019 8:56 AM
Jan 2015
Rin-san sure is a bitch. Wakaba saves her sister and does nothing threatening, but, just because she thinks she's human and doesn't believe he is, she continuously tries to exterminate him. Wakaba is obviously the only real human, but I have no idea what all the sisters are. Mutants of some kind, apparently. Humans don't keep talking if half of their head is blown away. Humans can't live if they don't eat anything. Which reminds me, what is keeping Wakaba alive? I doubt Rin-san will eve let him have any water.

But the most ridiculously stupid thing about the episode is that, if Rin-san is so distrustful of Wakaba and thinks he's still a threat, why bring him along with them to the next island? Why not just leave him tied up somewhere on the island so he can just starve to death? Anime logic at its finest...

I really like the art and animation, but Rin-san sure is a downer.
Jan 16, 2019 9:20 AM

Aug 2017
FredFriendly said:

But the most ridiculously stupid thing about the episode is that, if Rin-san is so distrustful of Wakaba and thinks he's still a threat, why bring him along with them to the next island? Why not just leave him tied up somewhere on the island so he can just starve to death? Anime logic at its finest...

Isnt it because she and all her sisters are interested in him? I mean what she said at the end was basically I will let you live with us but if you try anything suspicious I will kill you.
Jan 16, 2019 9:31 AM

Sep 2008
It's good but Wakaba is pretty annoying with his constant "heeeh" and "ah" and "oh" reactions to everything.
Jan 16, 2019 10:01 AM
Jan 2015
FzBlade said:
FredFriendly said:

Isnt it because she and all her sisters are interested in him? I mean what she said at the end was basically I will let you live with us but if you try anything suspicious I will kill you.

Rin-san doesn't know it but her hormones are kicking in, that's why she's unable to think straight about leaving him behind. The little sisters just want to use him as a voodoo doll that they can torture. Big-sis is pretty ambivalent, and I don't think she'd bother to tie him up if it were her choice. Of course, if they don't take him along then the love story won't progress...
Jan 16, 2019 10:47 AM
Jan 2015
This was a nice episode, as we saw more feelings for Rin-San develop for Wakaba, Her love hormones are slowly kickng in and Wakaba's reactions to everything funny but they can be annoying at times. That small red bug looked kind of menacing and I also wonder how red bugs can be turned into normal bugs as well. Overall I liked the tone this episode set out, can't wait for EP3 where we see the crew explore other islands, I have a feeling one of the Ritsu's could die in EP3.

Mod edit: Removed advertising.
DeadlyRavenMay 5, 2020 6:13 AM
Jan 16, 2019 10:47 AM

Oct 2008
OH MY GOD! "KEMURIKUSA" by nano was supremely AWESOME!!!
for now everything seems to be confusing and all over the place but this apocalyptic world unravel its truth!
Wakaba-kun is always KININARU! lolz i remembered Chitanda!
so now they'll depart and go to a different Island! i'm still intrigued by this show!
5/5.

Jan 16, 2019 11:34 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I would appreciate if MC could be quiet for a bit.

Really good world Tatsuki is setting up here, once again the main draw for me, same for Kemono Friends.
Jan 16, 2019 11:52 AM

May 2018
Looks like Rin is feeling the love for Wakaba, she just doesn't know it.
Jan 16, 2019 1:29 PM

Mar 2013
Can feel that Wakaba will not be liked by a lot of person here.
Jan 16, 2019 3:21 PM

Sep 2015
I like the way they are building the world and the mysteries again but that boy is completely annoying and stupid in that story. He is making the badass girl fall for him by basically just breathing, wtf. Also that mysterious power of him is kinda of conveniently. They could take easy on the isekai clichés.
Jan 16, 2019 3:38 PM

Feb 2016
I really liked this second episode, this feels so close to the Tatsuki feeling I wanted to find in either Kemofure2 or Kemuriusa. The world feels mysterious and the storytelling is nice and with good pacing.

The main problem for me was Wakaba in episode 1, but I slowly started disliking him less and less. If you look at him not like a teenager boy, but a newborn in the body of a teenager, it's natural that he is amazed by everything around him.

It's a lonely world out there, and we are not seeing humans, but kinda-human characters. The atmosphere of a new beginning, makes me want to know more about the world they're in.

I don't know if this was mentioned in the original, but I believe that Ritsu is not as ok as it seems. I find it weird that she asked what color the leave was, when she could clearly see it, unless her sight is not good, or she is color blind.

Also, I don't think what Rin is feeling is just love... might be a part of love, and part of some other effect.

shiro_kai said:
He is making the badass girl fall for him by basically just breathing.

Well, the world population needs to grow desperately, so wakaba is doing what he can!
Jan 16, 2019 4:01 PM

Nov 2015
5layer said:
It's good but Wakaba is pretty annoying with his constant "heeeh" and "ah" and "oh" reactions to everything.

I fully support Rin exterminating Wakaba solely due to the fact that he won't just stfu. If he says "sugoi!!!" even once more...

I'm not sure if this show will keep me interested. It's got a nice setting but I don't know if it'll ever offer much more. It's no Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou, at any rate.
Jan 16, 2019 4:42 PM

Sep 2015
Azumi-tei said:

shiro_kai said:
He is making the badass girl fall for him by basically just breathing.

Well, the world population needs to grow desperately, so wakaba is doing what he can!

They all look like doing some kind of photosynthesis, i'm not sure if it will work.
Jan 16, 2019 5:18 PM

Jun 2016
shiro_kai said:
He is making the badass girl fall for him by basically just breathing, wtf.

Well FranXX failed, so Shinzo Abe is clearly trying again.

I can already tell Wakaba will be the most contentious part of this show. I for one don't find him too annoying but such a shtick can grate if left too long. There's clearly a mystery to him and I hope it gets developed soon. A part of me does wonder if such distaste for him would exist if he was a girl; would it seem as "isekai" if he was a girl instead of the standard Isekai boi? Regardless, the world building and overall tone of the show remain pretty rock solid. This feels like a very slow burn kind of story; was Kemono Friends anything like that?

The battle between this and Kemono Friends 2 rages on...
Character development can make great stories and characters. But great stories and characters can exist without character development. As long as it's enjoyable, that's all that matters
Jan 16, 2019 6:45 PM

Oct 2015
Looks like Rin is In love with that flea bag, I seriously don't get her. Doesn't she want to exterminate him, but when when she looks at him it's love. Maybe the guy has looks, because that's the only way to explain it.

I can't wait to find out what he really is!
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jan 16, 2019 8:47 PM

Jul 2015
You guys are complaining about this relationship like noone of you have seen any tsundere before. LOL

Jan 16, 2019 11:58 PM
Jan 2019
Rin san your Tsundere is showing 😍
Jan 17, 2019 12:34 AM

Jul 2015
I'm wondering if the whole "poison" theory is real, Rin and the girls call themselves humans but they're probably far from it, from a real human standpoint I mean.
It could be that love is a form of poison to them.

also I got question, what the hell is up with Wakaba's voice acting? it's like, insanely bad, why is the voice actor speaking in such a high voice? it doesn't fit him at all....then again, maybe it's gonna be for story purposes?
and when I think about it, Serval's voice was kinda annoying to me first too so maybe i'll get used to it
Read my comic pl0x :D
Rockerella meets Merman
Jan 17, 2019 3:19 AM

Oct 2007
Post apocalyptic world setting. Ok, feels just right with a group trying to survive.
Rin a big sister to the plant lolis who look alike. Hakaba would have been ok, but it's just his constant "eeeeh" "eeeh" is getting into my ears.

6/10 for first 2 episodes
Jan 17, 2019 7:16 AM

Apr 2016
I wish they could tone down Wakaba's stupid reactions >.>
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 17, 2019 1:42 PM
Aug 2014
What the hell, this is jaw dropping. How can people rate this below 7? I don't rate stuff until the season ends, but still. This is absurdly awesome.
Jan 17, 2019 1:55 PM

Aug 2017
JJH_ said:
What the hell, this is jaw dropping. How can people rate this below 7? I don't rate stuff until the season ends, but still. This is absurdly awesome.

Agreed! Animations take some getting used to obviously but the setting is just way to appealing!
Jan 17, 2019 2:31 PM
Jul 2018
I'm kinda close to dropping this due to Wakaba's consistent usage of "EHHH" "OHHHH SUGOI!" every time. I like the setting, I like the other girls, but GOOOOOOD he's just this just annoying to stand.

I don't have anything against the core idea of using this as part of the story, but can Tatsuki or maybe the VA tone it down? Just saying.

I kinda like the show otherwise with the setting and some of the cast, and the mystery too. But you know when someone complained about Gosick having a dense MC in terms of the sense of mystery... BOI will I have to bring this up unless this changes. But we will have to see.
Jan 17, 2019 10:13 PM

Feb 2014
This show surely has potential. I'm gonna stick to this until end.
Jan 18, 2019 12:18 AM

Feb 2018
Yay we have Tsundere type :)
Jan 18, 2019 1:34 AM
Mar 2016
FredFriendly said:
Rin-san sure is a bitch. Wakaba saves her sister and does nothing threatening, but, just because she thinks she's human and doesn't believe he is, she continuously tries to exterminate him. Wakaba is obviously the only real human, but I have no idea what all the sisters are. Mutants of some kind, apparently. Humans don't keep talking if half of their head is blown away. Humans can't live if they don't eat anything. Which reminds me, what is keeping Wakaba alive? I doubt Rin-san will eve let him have any water.

the thing is some of her sister died and she realy don't want to some kind of unknown guy kill any left
Jan 18, 2019 1:53 AM
Oct 2017
I was really sceptical of the first episode due to the animations which threw me off. But thanks to the second episode I think it just fits the show so far. It's an interesting setting yet so weird and Wakabas reactions just fit this strange anime. idk lul I decided to keep watching.
Jan 18, 2019 4:39 AM

Oct 2010
I wonder if people asking why is Rin falling in love with Wakaba assume that there is always a rationale to falling in love, specially from the point of view of a character who never experienced those feelings.

I get that Wakaba's tendency to react enthusiastically to everything can be annoying and overstay its welcome, but please approach this in context. Rin does not dislike that side of him. She is intrigued and curious, because he's different and she doesn't know what kind of creature he is. On the other hand, he can talk and hold meaningful conversations with her (which I suspect it's a big emotional need for her), she spends time with him and gets more and more interested on him. And well, if you want a more abrupt and cliché reason, he saved her sister, suspension bridge effect and all. Though I doubt this would have triggered her feelings alone.

But these are speculations. The show does not need to tackle them. It's a feeling, a subjective impulse, not a thoughtful decision.
jal90Jan 18, 2019 5:37 AM
Jan 18, 2019 5:26 AM
Jan 2015
jal90 said:
I wonder if people asking why is Rin falling in love with Wataba assume that there is always a rationale to falling in love, specially from the point of view of a character who never experienced those feelings...

But is it love, or is it lust (as in the natural urge to mate)? I do not question human's ability to fall in love at first sight, and I agree with you that Rin is intrigued and curious about Wakaba, but her feelings are not necessarily love, but could simply be the urges brought on by the attraction of a mating partner. She may, indeed, fall in love with him, but, at this point, it seems more likely that it's just those natural, mating instincts.

Vladshumi said:
the thing is some of her sister died and she realy don't want to some kind of unknown guy kill any left

Then why not just leave him behind, tied up to some rubble, so that he can starve to death?
Jan 18, 2019 5:31 AM

Oct 2010
FredFriendly said:
jal90 said:
I wonder if people asking why is Rin falling in love with Wataba assume that there is always a rationale to falling in love, specially from the point of view of a character who never experienced those feelings...

But is it love, or is it lust (as in the natural urge to mate)? I do not question human's ability to fall in love at first sight, and I agree with you that Rin is intrigued and curious about Wakaba, but her feelings are not necessarily love, but could simply be the urges brought on by the attraction of a mating partner. She may, indeed, fall in love with him, but, at this point, it seems more likely that it's just those natural, mating instincts.

Doesn't matter much at this point, because the sort of lust you frame here is tied to a progressive feeling of comfort and openness when she's with him. But yeah, probably calling it love in the stricter sense of the term at this point is adventurous. The thing is, if we apply this stricter sense to anything, it would take very long to realize when a character is falling in love. And signs are there and they are pretty clear.
Jan 18, 2019 1:48 PM
Aug 2018
Well, this is silly and dorky character interactions... and High Level Worldbuilding. And I love it! I mean, is classic Tatsuki. The music and the backgrounds are amazing, probably one of the bests this season. And I love how there isn't much exposition unless is completely necessary (explaining Wakaba stuff).
On the whole, this is obviously not a show for everyone, the silliness in the characters interactions can be a little bit of an acquired taste, but if you want to see some great worldbuilding, this show has it.
Also, the setting and world reminds me a bit of Girl's Last Tour, and well, I loved that one too.
Jan 18, 2019 7:05 PM

Dec 2009
Woooow, really surprised to see so many people liking this anime. Like, Kemono Friends 2 is an insult to the original fans, but Kemurikusa is actually a worse show.
I can't overlook how contrived the trust issue is, and how there's no shandification, ie. what do they eat, or where do their clothes come from in this post-apocalypse. Even Kemono Friends answered those questions, and Kemono Friends is basically for babies.
I didn't count it, but it felt like 50 times that they repeated the exact same frustrating dialogue about how they still think Wakaba is a bug despite a million logical reasons to the contrary. Wakaba doesn't even argue against it, he just accepts his fate like the whiney beta weakling that he is. While Kaban's different skillset was immediately recognized and utilized for progress in Kemono Friends, Wakaba's one contribution (saving Rina that one time) and potential value to the group gets completely ignored.
I guess this proves that Tatsuki is a hack and that Kemono Friends' charm was only an accident.
Jan 19, 2019 3:39 AM

Aug 2017
maxiburger said:
Woooow, really surprised to see so many people liking this anime. Like, Kemono Friends 2 is an insult to the original fans, but Kemurikusa is actually a worse show.
I can't overlook how contrived the trust issue is, and how there's no shandification, ie. what do they eat, or where do their clothes come from in this post-apocalypse. Even Kemono Friends answered those questions, and Kemono Friends is basically for babies.

You know that we are only two episodes in and you also know what they are eating you just didnt pay attention. A good anime doesnt answer all questions immediately and this one might be actually a good one so it might not be for you...
Jan 19, 2019 4:58 AM
Mar 2012
Red hair badass tsundere setup, not surprised.
I support this tsundere, likely romance, but not the very annoying voicing/personality of Wakaba. If he just chills & stay quiet then it ok.
Seems the slow pace is deliberate. Nice osts & mystery still keeps it afloat.
Deathflags everywhere. Wait KF2 also use rail cars. But tentacle car is super weird.
Was waiting on Nano OP and it's fantastic.

Jan 19, 2019 1:15 PM

Aug 2014
Ehhhhh
Waoooo
Sugoii

Rin please just kill him.
Sieg Zeon!
Jan 20, 2019 4:41 AM

Jan 2013
why can't they just get rid of that pest of a guy. one more episode of him and ima drop this altogether.
1/10
Jan 20, 2019 9:20 AM
Jan 2015
jal90 said:
Doesn't matter much at this point, because the sort of lust you frame here is tied to a progressive feeling of comfort and openness when she's with him. But yeah, probably calling it love in the stricter sense of the term at this point is adventurous. The thing is, if we apply this stricter sense to anything, it would take very long to realize when a character is falling in love. And signs are there and they are pretty clear.

So, would you call this a case of "subconscious love at first sight" where all the physical signs are there, but the inflicted, being a high-level tsundere, fails to recognize the signs for what they are, and would deny them even if she did know? She sees him as an enemy, but subconsciously sees him through rose-colored glasses? And her rationalization for taking him along is not because she's in love with him but, like Lyndon Johnson said of J. Edgar Hoover, "I'd rather have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in?"
Jan 23, 2019 11:03 AM

Aug 2016
Damn it that guy is so annoying!
Jan 26, 2019 9:32 AM

Jun 2013
Wakaba is pretty annoying and one of the only things that keeps me from rating this higher than I already have. I really like the setting and have my suspicions about it, so it is very interesting. I also think that Rin's attitude is actually quite realistic, particularly since she has lost friends before and it taking the better safe than sorry approach which I think is appropriate with their limited manpower/combat potential. It will also make for a good contrast for when she opens up a bit more later (im assuming).

Overall, a real darkhorse this season that I almost dropped 5 minutes in due to the CG, but glad I didn't!
Jan 31, 2019 5:59 AM

Jan 2015
Yeah, I’m enjoying this

can’t get enough of the OST
Jul 7, 2019 4:23 AM

Jul 2015
Wakaba is a bit too active for my part, love the story so far

Aug 25, 2019 11:55 PM

Nov 2018
I initially didn't want some guy to join the cast, but Wakaba saved one of the Rinas and even said all those sympathizing words, kind of harsh to still tie him up. Could keep an eye on him without walking him around like a dog.
Otherwise, the atmosphere of this series is really good and intriguing. The OST adds much to that, too. And I don't really get the complaints against the animation just because its CGI when its this solid but okay.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kemurikusa (TV) Episode 3 Discussion

Liddo-kun - Jan 23, 2019

22 by tam_fortress »»
May 11, 2022 1:00 AM

Poll: » Kemurikusa (TV) Episode 11 Discussion

Liddo-kun - Mar 20, 2019

34 by PokefanPT »»
Oct 27, 2021 3:08 PM

Poll: » Kemurikusa (TV) Episode 12 Discussion

Mkim - Mar 27, 2019

45 by little_raven »»
Oct 18, 2021 9:37 AM

Poll: » Kemurikusa (TV) Episode 9 Discussion

Gildesh - Mar 6, 2019

11 by little_raven »»
Oct 15, 2021 10:17 AM

Poll: » Kemurikusa (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yorusigh - Jan 9, 2019

73 by koley »»
May 6, 2021 12:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.