Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 10, 2018 10:30 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
A bit of a slow episode. I think they're really trying to build more into the relationship between Aoi and Holmes.

For an antique item, this episode with the dolls looks like the most authentic I've seen so far. It's the type that's easily imaginable in this show.
Sep 10, 2018 12:32 PM

Aug 2008
Animation is getting worse and worse. Any more and it will be more of a sketch than actual animation. Still character with off proportions is creepier than these dolls... Shame since it could be a half decent series if it wasn't so half-assed. Especially being set in Kyoto with kansaiben being thrown around.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Sep 10, 2018 1:34 PM
Nov 2016
Antanaru said:
Animation is getting worse and worse. Any more and it will be more of a sketch than actual animation. Still character with off proportions is creepier than these dolls... Shame since it could be a half decent series if it wasn't so half-assed. Especially being set in Kyoto with kansaiben being thrown around.
Shouldn't expect too much when this is coming from a studio that makes Hentai.
weed lol
Sep 10, 2018 2:14 PM

Jul 2017
That was really boring and super slow. I was just not interested in the content of today's episode with the dolls.
Sep 10, 2018 3:25 PM

Sep 2011
Welp, Kiyotaka's family is really rooting for him and Aoi-chan, and it's nice. His grandmother has a really amazing mansion too, like wow. But it's a pity that her first husband divorced her out of superstition, and it's sad that the second one felt insecure because of a doll even though he shared 50 years of his life with her though. But well, that was a nice conclusion, the dolls are together again after half a century, and Aoi's daydream was pretty cute. lol
Sep 10, 2018 4:47 PM

Sep 2017
I just gotta say what a ridiculous reason to get divorced lol.
Sep 10, 2018 5:21 PM

Jul 2017
animejas said:
That was really boring and super slow. I was just not interested in the content of today's episode with the dolls.

This pretty much sums up this week's report of Detective Kiyotaka of Holmes...its not bad, but one of the less interesting episode of the series to date. And also, a divorce of a tragedy through dolls? What gives?

On the plus side, Kiyotaka's family DO really want to ship him and Aoi together, despite the male lead reconsidering dating and such...not sure where this is going but it'll be fun to watch.
Sep 10, 2018 5:57 PM

Jan 2015
On the contrary, I found this to be a heartwarming and cute little episode... I really liked getting a peek behind the veil of Kiyotaka’s extended family, and seeing how they still so cared for each other, in spite of their estrangement. Looking at the superstitious reasoning behind it, especially through modern eyes, it seems fairly ridiculous. But, the Japanese are nothing if not honoring and respectful of their cultural mythologies. And it’s not as if we cannot look to our own cultures for significantly poignant superstitions, and just how heavily those could play on the anxieties of our ancestors.

The matter of the dolls, and how her husband’s resignation and remonstrations against the thought of losing his beloved wife, as an extension of those cultural beliefs, came into play, was kind of twistedly poetic, in how it all worked out. And finally pinning those two dolls together again, as something of an allegory for Kiyotaka’s and Aoi’s potentially, eventually, getting together, was altogether sweet, to me. So, all in all, I found it to be a very enjoyable episode. Those saying that it all moved a bit too slowly, I mean, the stories are actually better to me, taking their time.
sXebluesSep 10, 2018 6:02 PM
~ sXeblues - Reviews on Youtube ~
Sep 11, 2018 8:38 AM

Aug 2008
BLOODMIESTER said:
Antanaru said:
Shouldn't expect too much when this is coming from a studio that makes Hentai.
I would expect more since hentai is all about animation and character design. Maybe it's a simple animation and cookie cutter designs but you still need something there.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Sep 11, 2018 12:11 PM
Nov 2016
We learned a lot about Holmes' family.

Makes me wonder what could've been had his grandfather and grandmother stayed together.
Sep 12, 2018 8:56 AM
May 2015
The dolls creeped me tf out, so I wasn't too much of a fan this episode. The biggest issue for me with this one though was some of the animations with Holmes. There were some very clear moments where I couldn't believe they just left his face looking like that.

I am glad that Holmes is finally taking some initiative with Aoi. He's basically screaming "I want to be with you" at this point.
Roses are red

violets are blue.

Omae Wa

Mou shindeiru
Sep 12, 2018 10:20 AM

Oct 2008
Dolls!? oh shocks! they're creepy as hell!
Is Aoi already loose and gung-ho for Holmes-san? What is they're not meant to be? Aoi gonna be devastated! Cuz from the looks of it, it clearly that the girl already likes Holmes, but on Holmes perspective, his likeness to Aoi doesn't show much, well there's been some hints previously, or is it because there are more monologues for Aoi compared to monologues thinking of Holmes-san???
4/5.

Sep 12, 2018 11:24 PM
Sep 2018
The animation for the patterns on the clothing was atrocious, and the plotline is quickly devolving into characters being idiots to prolong the romantic tension.
Sep 17, 2018 9:19 AM

Apr 2017
That girl doll had a really deliquent-like face in the beginning of episode. Overall pretty nice episode though, I liked romantic vibe it had. And someone finally told Holmes what he should do, so hopefully he will follow that advice. I'm not fan of everyone being really dense, even if it is common for shoujo. Animation isn't that great, though I don't mind it too much. It is still good enough in my opinion, albeit it certainly could be nicer. It's kinda sad for what reason did Holmes grandparents divorced, however somewhat understandable given the circumstances and fact that Japanese are known to be rather believing in their folklore. It also took place several decades back when it was all the more so.

Art by ギャット GFX by aryandil
Sep 18, 2018 5:05 AM

Nov 2016
Guess I was already an adult with 12.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 19, 2018 3:08 AM

Jul 2008
Yeah this felt like a pointless episode to me. Nothing really developed and the Grandma story really doesn't add anything.
Oct 11, 2018 3:07 PM

Apr 2012
>"they look really happy together"
>shinjuu look
ok then

Otherwise good episode, had a nice amount of character building in the form of Kiyotaka grandmother's past. You truly end up hurting if your loved ones hurt.
Nov 14, 2018 8:05 PM

May 2012
Really lovely episode, especially that ending! Quite liked it and with two more episodes I really do wonder if we'll see some fast romance development between these two!
Jun 26, 2019 9:25 AM

Sep 2012
matias067 said:
Dolls!? oh shocks! they're creepy as hell!
Is Aoi already loose and gung-ho for Holmes-san? What is they're not meant to be? Aoi gonna be devastated! Cuz from the looks of it, it clearly that the girl already likes Holmes, but on Holmes perspective, his likeness to Aoi doesn't show much, well there's been some hints previously, or is it because there are more monologues for Aoi compared to monologues thinking of Holmes-san???
4/5.

holmes feelings are same, he said hes not good with that sort if stuff and tried to confess twice, and u notice aoi's feelings new 😂, her feelings showed even before then holmes, u should pay more attention 😁

Jan 8, 2023 2:54 AM
Dec 2022
The on and off romance ticking along with a blast of the past on the romance of the grandparents. A bit too slow.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kyoto Teramachi Sanjou no Holmes Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2018

22 by Kristiwazhere »»
Apr 24, 2023 10:09 AM

Poll: » Kyoto Teramachi Sanjou no Holmes Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2018

51 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Jan 9, 2023 2:17 AM

Poll: » Kyoto Teramachi Sanjou no Holmes Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2018

16 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Jan 8, 2023 2:41 AM

Poll: » Kyoto Teramachi Sanjou no Holmes Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2018

17 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Jan 4, 2023 2:37 AM

Poll: » Kyoto Teramachi Sanjou no Holmes Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2018

16 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Jan 3, 2023 2:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.