Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 21, 2018 6:06 PM
Nov 2007

I'm super excited for this.
Mar 21, 2018 6:23 PM

Apr 2014
Prob the most stacked anime this year. Its fucking insane how much talent is tied to one small project.
Mar 21, 2018 7:00 PM

Apr 2016
Xeiros said:

I'm super excited for this.

Very damn excited for this original work by Bones.
2D > 3D
Mar 21, 2018 7:13 PM

Jun 2014
I was right to get very excited about this, this PV looks fantastic. The incredible staff doesn't lie.
:3
Mar 21, 2018 10:53 PM

Sep 2011
Why the hell didnt they just show that trailer first rather than the other one that didnt even include the main selling point of the show, that was a massive step up from the other trailer, this series has potential to be something as long as we get the mari okada that actually gives a shit and not the one that just goes through the motions. Shes generally been alot more daring with her work recently so I'm a bit more hopeful. one of the gainaix founders that shinji ikari was named after being the director also gives hope but ultimately theres not too much that makes me feel easy putting hype into it cause this could go either way quality wise between magical and boring. That said, man those flying scenes are going to be stunning if they all look like that, god damn thats the shit that makes me a fan of 2d animation right there that cgi simply cant replicate.

Too bad this show is destined to bomb, hopefully it will at least be a hidden gem or something.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 22, 2018 5:46 PM

Apr 2016
Wish this show came out a different season. This season has too much sequels of extremely popular franchises and popular source material being adapted. Mari Okada, Higuchi, Shinji and the rest of the staff at BONES needs to do something very extraordinary for this to get on people's radar.
Mar 22, 2018 10:33 PM

Sep 2011
Twisterboy said:
Wish this show came out a different season. This season has too much sequels of extremely popular franchises and popular source material being adapted. Mari Okada, Higuchi, Shinji and the rest of the staff at BONES needs to do something very extraordinary for this to get on people's radar.
I think this show is doomed to fail no matter what season it airs, i just dont see it appealing to anyone but some die hard anime fans especially those that likes old Gainax stuff

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 27, 2018 10:41 PM

Jun 2013
JizzyHitler said:
Twisterboy said:
I think this show is doomed to fail no matter what season it airs, i just dont see it appealing to anyone but some die hard anime fans especially those that likes old Gainax stuff
i think the same i have many shows on my ptw for spring and this is the least i'm interested in, it looks so childish
Mar 31, 2018 11:50 PM

Feb 2013
Dark-Scorpion said:
JizzyHitler said:
i think the same i have many shows on my ptw for spring and this is the least i'm interested in, it looks so childish
That's what people said about Made in Abyss and it exploded. Even some of my staff where I work were talking about it. People I'd have never guessed were into anime if they hadn't told me. A relatively unknown manga became one of, if not the biggest anime hit of last season and all I knew about Kinema Citrus was Barakamon. This is Bones we're talking about. I won't count'em out. There's some stiff competition, but this could be the Spring Sleeper.
NTADMar 31, 2018 11:56 PM
Apr 1, 2018 11:41 AM

Apr 2016
NTAD said:
Dark-Scorpion said:
That's what people said about Made in Abyss and it exploded. Even some of my staff where I work were talking about it. People I'd have never guessed were into anime if they hadn't told me. A relatively unknown manga became one of, if not the biggest anime hit of last season and all I knew about Kinema Citrus was Barakamon. This is Bones we're talking about. I won't count'em out. There's some stiff competition, but this could be the Spring Sleeper.

Some people already saw the first episode at anime boston today and apparently, it was really good.
Apr 3, 2018 5:38 PM

Sep 2011
Dark-Scorpion said:
JizzyHitler said:
i wasnt trying to imply it looked childish, if anything im more on the side of the oppossite, this to me looks like it was made for older anime fans that were fans of more 90's style anime. It screams old gainax to me which makes sense given the director was a founder.

What I mean is I simply don't see this show having any chance at being successful regardless of quality, bones originals in particular bomb all the time now too so i doubt this will break that curse especially once you consider how dead on arrival it already seems with its measly view count on youtube and sheer lack of any real anticipation for it. I just hope it will be a hidden gem.

NTAD said:
Dark-Scorpion said:
I doubt it will be anything like made in abyss, but coincidently the made in abyss manga writer/artist has been shilling the series on his twitter.

That said this absolutly wont be a sleeper hit, i mentioned it already but I simply dont see this remotely appealing to people regardless of how good or bad it is. I'd love to be proven wrong but the general interest ive seen to the show is complete uninterest to lukewarm middling expectations. I think even if this show blew the people who watched it away its just not going to pick up.
JizzyHitlerApr 3, 2018 5:49 PM

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Apr 3, 2018 11:01 PM

Apr 2016
JizzyHitler said:
Dark-Scorpion said:
i wasnt trying to imply it looked childish, if anything im more on the side of the oppossite, this to me looks like it was made for older anime fans that were fans of more 90's style anime. It screams old gainax to me which makes sense given the director was a founder.

What I mean is I simply don't see this show having any chance at being successful regardless of quality, bones originals in particular bomb all the time now too so i doubt this will break that curse especially once you consider how dead on arrival it already seems with its measly view count on youtube and sheer lack of any real anticipation for it. I just hope it will be a hidden gem.

NTAD said:
I doubt it will be anything like made in abyss, but coincidently the made in abyss manga writer/artist has been shilling the series on his twitter.

That said this absolutly wont be a sleeper hit, i mentioned it already but I simply dont see this remotely appealing to people regardless of how good or bad it is. I'd love to be proven wrong but the general interest ive seen to the show is complete uninterest to lukewarm middling expectations. I think even if this show blew the people who watched it away its just not going to pick up.

Yeah it seems your right so far. The series has a very low member count and has a lower member count than some pretty terrible shows that have already premiered. The fact that it is behind WIXOSS which is very niche speaks volumes. However, I think once this show premieres, it will increase in popularity. They're is nothing stopping HisoMaso from catching people off guard. Look at shows last year like A place further than the universe, Yuru camp and made in abyss which literally got no pre-season hype. On top of that, Made in Abyss was sent to die on Amazon strike in the US. Somehow, it got popular due to the amount of praises people were saying about the show and it caught on. I trust the staff of this show to do a great job and I have high hopes for it. As for why BONES original anime have been bombing recently, I'm can't really say for sure, but I think one reason is because recent BONES original anime has gotten Lukewarm reception.
Apr 3, 2018 11:32 PM

Jun 2013
Twisterboy said:
JizzyHitler said:

Yeah it seems your right so far. The series has a very low member count and has a lower member count than some pretty terrible shows that have already premiered. The fact that it is behind WIXOSS which is very niche speaks volumes. However, I think once this show premieres, it will increase in popularity. They're is nothing stopping HisoMaso from catching people off guard. Look at shows last year like A place further than the universe, Yuru camp and made in abyss which literally got no pre-season hype. On top of that, Made in Abyss was sent to die on Amazon strike in the US. Somehow, it got popular due to the amount of praises people were saying about the show and it caught on. I trust the staff of this show to do a great job and I have high hopes for it. As for why BONES original anime have been bombing recently, I'm can't really say for sure, but I think one reason is because recent BONES original anime has gotten Lukewarm reception.

Well Sora Yorimo it's from the guy that wrote the script for Steins;Gate and Yuru Camp is a CGDCT Anime so both where already hyped by some people.

Just listened to the opening and i think that the soundtrack is looking incredible, It may be aclaimed for that and atrack some new fans.
Dark-ScorpionApr 3, 2018 11:37 PM
Apr 4, 2018 7:12 AM

Sep 2011
Twisterboy said:
JizzyHitler said:

MIA was pretty hyped up before release but the other 2 i don't know i doubt it but i guess its possible. I think the show is more doomed regardless of reception unless it were through the roof positive which is rare and i don't want to put that much bank on a show by a woman who even her fans would admit is very inconsistent. Again one should keep in mind, bones hasnt had a hit original series since like star driver was surprisingly successful, this show will very likley not come close to breaking that curse regardless of whether its good or not. The art style and concept alone are going to make alot of people just write it off as dumb and not look back.

I think past that the director is still resented in japan for what happened to nadia which kind of dooms its financial success.
JizzyHitlerApr 4, 2018 7:16 AM

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Apr 6, 2018 8:05 AM

Apr 2016
Aapparently Netflix has this, so .. well fuck.
Apr 6, 2018 9:04 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Yup, Netflix got this one.

https://twitter.com/hisomaso_anime/status/982177998404075522

Dont worry tho, Asenshi already confirmed that they will fansub this one.
Apr 6, 2018 10:56 AM

Apr 2016
DatRandomDude said:

This could still mean that overseas could have different licensors. I can't remember off the top of my head, but they're is a show this season when Netflix got the license in Japan, while Sentai got the license in the US. (Again I don't remember the name of the show)
DatRandomDude said:

This could still mean that overseas could have different licensors. I can't remember off the top of my head, but they're is a show this season when Netflix got the license in Japan, while Sentai got the license in the US. (Again I don't remember the name of the show)
Apr 7, 2018 5:17 PM

Sep 2011
Swagernator said:
expect this for the future going foreword for anything bones related, they partnered with netflix on all future products, same for wit studio and production ig.

DatRandomDude said:

thats good, though sadly this wont have the same amount of people pestering them to put it out like little witch academia. Hopefully they dont just up and drop it if not many people watch it

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Apr 8, 2018 1:09 AM

Apr 2016
DatRandomDude said:

Yeah! Hail to the fansubbers whoever they are i already love them for it.
Apr 8, 2018 8:56 AM
Oct 2015
DatRandomDude said:

It could be only Netflix Japan, Doreiku was announced for Netflix Japan months ago, and it was recently confirmed to be licensed by Sentai, and it will be streaming on HIDIVE.
Apr 8, 2018 8:57 AM
Oct 2015
JizzyHitler said:
Swagernator said:
expect this for the future going foreword for anything bones related, they partnered with netflix on all future products, same for wit studio and production ig.

DatRandomDude said:

thats good, though sadly this wont have the same amount of people pestering them to put it out like little witch academia. Hopefully they dont just up and drop it if not many people watch it
Not all future shows from Bones, Wit Studio, and Production I.G. will be going to Netflix, the recently announced Vinland Saga anime by Wit Studio is confirmed to be streaming on Amazon Prime.
May 15, 2018 8:24 AM
Mar 2018
That's all nice, but who made this? There are still no producers listed and I doubt Netflix can do anything on their own...
May 18, 2018 1:28 AM
Mar 2018

Then how come that MAL didn't pick up on it? Or are the Mods slacking off again?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hisone to Maso-tan Episode 8 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Oct 6, 2018

5 by Assassin2112 »»
Mar 15, 5:41 PM

Poll: » Hisone to Maso-tan Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 19, 2018

90 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Mar 2, 4:27 PM

Poll: » Hisone to Maso-tan Episode 9 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Oct 6, 2018

10 by Fuwa_san »»
Jan 8, 7:35 PM

Poll: » Hisone to Maso-tan Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

30 by hikari_kuroo »»
Nov 25, 2023 12:16 PM

Poll: » Hisone to Maso-tan Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 24, 2018

30 by L01MK »»
Jun 29, 2023 12:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.