Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kokkoku: Moment by Moment
Available on Manga Store
New
Jan 7, 2018 1:05 PM
May 2016
It ended Oct. 2014 after a five year run. Anime is pretty much always made from running manga right?? For sales reasons and such. Does anyone know why they'd make an anime out of a finished manga.

Edit: I'll clarify what I meant -

Kokkoku isn't even that well known for a manga. Some completed manga that did get anime, like Inyashiki, orange, parasyte, devilman are all, to varying extents, reknowned in some way or another, and so could make profit from (Inuyashiki only ended late last year anyway, so it did probably boost the sales for the last volumes). Kokkoku ended 3 years ago, ran in a magazine I'd never heard of and is a manga I've never seen mentioned anywhere. I was wondering if there was a decent reason for this, cause it seems rather unprecedented to me (correct me if I'm wrong).
RemakhJan 16, 2018 6:20 AM
Jan 7, 2018 1:10 PM

Jan 2009
ANN have the answer

It's much harder for an older manga series to get the funding behind it for an anime adaptation. It does happen, of course, but when it does it's often not being done to promote the manga, but for other reasons. Perhaps the artist has a new work coming out, or is starting a spin-off series. Perhaps it's a classic that's being reissued. Or perhaps the manga publisher isn't really even pushing for the production at all, and another company on the committee is looking for something to adapt.
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/answerman/2016-01-18/.97673
Jan 7, 2018 1:39 PM

Feb 2009
Remakh said:
It ended Oct. 2014 after a five year run. Anime is pretty much always made from running manga right?? For sales reasons and such. Does anyone know why they'd make an anime out of a finished manga.

Parasyte was adapted in 2014 from a manga that ended in 1995. So is not that rare.
Jan 7, 2018 2:09 PM
Sep 2017
Remakh said:

Devilman: Hold my beer
Jan 7, 2018 2:10 PM

May 2012
Parasyte and Inuyashiki are finished manga, but still got an anime
Jan 7, 2018 3:31 PM

Aug 2012
Orange was a completed Manga that got a Completed Anime...
Jan 7, 2018 3:40 PM

Mar 2014
You ask that question OP as if you never seen the above animes...
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Jan 7, 2018 4:12 PM
May 2016
thepath said:

RareKumiko said:

yeah, fair enough. But kokkoku isn't even that well known for a manga. Inyashiki, orange, parasyte, devilman are all, to varying extents, reknowned in some way or another, and so could make profit from (Inuyashiki only ended late last year anyway, so it did probably boost the sales for the last volumes). Kokkoku ended 3 years ago, ran in a magazine I'd never heard of and is a manga I've never seen mentioned anywhere. I was wondering if there was a decent reason for this, cause it seems rather unprecedented to me (correct me if I'm wrong).
RemakhJan 7, 2018 4:15 PM
Jan 7, 2018 6:12 PM

May 2015
It is not unheard-of some mangas, LNs, etc getting adaptations after they are finished. It is not usual, but not shocking either.

My guess is that they might be planning on doing a live-action movie adaptation out of this afterwards. For matter fact, one of the main reasons stuff like Parasyte and Inuyashiki got anime adaptations was to promote their live-action movies counterparts. Anyhow, I don’t see this anime doing well financially at this point unless a live-action movie is in the works.

On a different note, I finished reading the manga, and it ranged from OK to average, so I’m not expecting too much out of this. I do expect the adaptation to be rushed though, at least later on. There are 8 volumes in total and each volume is around 210 pages, so 12-13 episodes won’t cut it, unless content is rushed and/or skipped. Either way, I don’t really care.
zero-rJan 9, 2018 4:49 PM

We ultimately fear what spawns from within us ~Shinsekai yori
Music is freedom. ~Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Jan 8, 2018 1:05 AM

Apr 2016
zero-r said:
It is not unheard-of some mangas, LNs, etc getting adaptations after they are finished. It is not usual, but not shocking either.

My guess is that they might be planning on doing a live-action movie adaptation out of this afterwards. For matter fact, one of the main reason stuff like Parasyte and Inuyashiki got an anime adaption was to promote their live-action movies counterparts. Anyhow, I don’t see this anime doing well financially at this point unless a live-action movie is in the works.

On a different note, I finished reading the manga, and it ranged from OK to average, so I’m not expecting too much out this. I do expect the adaption to be rushed though, at least later on. There are 8 volumes in total and each volume is around 210 pages, so 12-13 episodes won’t cut it, unless content is rushed and/or skipped. Either way, I don’t really care.

I agree with what you said about the manga, the first episode covered the first 2 chapters, and I doubt this anime would get a lot of episodes considering how it's not that popular. They'd either have to rush it real quick which is a bad option, or leave it by going in a different direction from the manga. I've read up to Volume 3, and pretty much know what will happen in the next 5.

"Le vent se lève!... Il faut tenter de vivre!"
- Paul Valéry, Le Cimetière Marin -

Jan 8, 2018 1:06 AM

Sep 2015
Remakh said:

Adaptions bring more fame, that could be one main reason
Jan 8, 2018 8:02 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
All of the above are pretty good explanations.

It's actually preferable for me as a viewer that they take finished manga. That way there's a bigger chance of having the whole thing adapted or avoiding the dreaded anime original ending.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 9, 2018 8:19 AM

Aug 2014
And one more thing. You will get a fu**ing ending to the anime you watch for once ;) only happend to old manga/originals or visual novel adaption.
Jan 9, 2018 9:44 AM
Apr 2016
Yeah this thread makes no sense. Pure ignorance.
THEY ARE MAKING IT BECAUSE THEY CAN.
Re:formed
Jan 9, 2018 11:57 AM

Oct 2012
Adapting anime after the manga is finished allows for a little more freedom and the anime can follow the manga in a way that makes a lot more sense instead of throwing in filler. And as a finished product anime that have been adapted from a manga that has been completed are usually better.
Thats just what I find at lease.

Even with shows that have been adapted from popular running manga such as attack on titan, lose a lot of popularity because of the big gap between adapting the manga into anime over a long period of time.
Jan 9, 2018 12:40 PM
Jul 2018
This is not something new, you know. Adapting series from an already finished manga or almost done with their serialization.

I think this is more beneficial because by doing an full adaption of an already finished manga prevents them from limiting the episode count, such as if its 24 episodes yet the manga is still going on but lesser chapters and adding filler in between.

Though I don't have a lot against fillers, how they're utilized is the key so.
Jan 9, 2018 8:11 PM

Mar 2012
Remakh said:
thepath said:

RareKumiko said:

yeah, fair enough. But kokkoku isn't even that well known for a manga. Inyashiki, orange, parasyte, devilman are all, to varying extents, reknowned in some way or another, and so could make profit from (Inuyashiki only ended late last year anyway, so it did probably boost the sales for the last volumes). Kokkoku ended 3 years ago, ran in a magazine I'd never heard of and is a manga I've never seen mentioned anywhere. I was wondering if there was a decent reason for this, cause it seems rather unprecedented to me (correct me if I'm wrong).

Yeah, I'm agree.
I know it since a long time tho. But it isn't well known and doesn't have rally good critics.
Jan 10, 2018 4:13 AM

Jun 2012
In my opinion this is the way adaptions always should the done, source ends anime later and we won't have rushed or original adaptations. It's nicer said than done I know, cause doing this usually is not profitable at all, which is a shame.
The reason this got adapted, to me there are two. Like it was said before, a committee wanted to adapt something which they think they could make a hit(I'm leaning more for this reason).
Or, there's actually a niche for this and this a award nominated work. Maybe in Japan the manga is actually good.
Jan 15, 2018 1:38 PM

Dec 2015
Does anyone who knows about the manga know how many episodes this might get?
I guess full adaption in 1 cour (12-13 episodes) - since the manga wasn't that long?

(But would mean a few chapters per episode... in Inuyashiki it worked I think. But it depends on the source and how long the chapters are and how it is setup - possible to cut/shorten or not for certain stuff, ...)
Jan 15, 2018 1:53 PM

Jan 2016
Better question: why AREN'T they making more anime out of finished manga? Yeah, I get from a sales perspective it's not as useful, but from a story perspective, 9 times out of 10 a complete adaptation is a better product than an unfinished one. I would not complain if more anime came out of finished works rather than adaptations of something that's barely begun
You have shit taste, and then I have taste so shit it makes your taste look good
Jan 15, 2018 5:28 PM

Jul 2015
MaskOfIce said:
Better question: why AREN'T they making more anime out of finished manga? Yeah, I get from a sales perspective it's not as useful, but from a story perspective, 9 times out of 10 a complete adaptation is a better product than an unfinished one. I would not complain if more anime came out of finished works rather than adaptations of something that's barely begun

I guess its because its harder compensate a financial failure. If its always said "to push the LN sales", the anime producer staff must get a piece of the pie from the LN sales. Otherweise it wont make sense to create 1 seasonal adaptations in the first place. But finished mangas/LNs dont sell anymore/well. Half of the target audience already bought it before the anime airs, while the other half, who might buy it, only makes 50% and not 100%, so the risk of not getting your money back/making profit is way higher.
Jan 15, 2018 6:17 PM

Apr 2010
They're probably making this anime so that Miyavi can promote his new album lol
Jan 15, 2018 6:40 PM

Jan 2016
PirateMadryk said:
MaskOfIce said:

I guess its because its harder compensate a financial failure. If its always said "to push the LN sales", the anime producer staff must get a piece of the pie from the LN sales. Otherweise it wont make sense to create 1 seasonal adaptations in the first place. But finished mangas/LNs dont sell anymore/well. Half of the target audience already bought it before the anime airs, while the other half, who might buy it, only makes 50% and not 100%, so the risk of not getting your money back/making profit is way higher.

Yeah, as much as I don't necessarily like it, I do get it. Ultimately it is a business, I just wish we could get more anime that have a conclusion.
You have shit taste, and then I have taste so shit it makes your taste look good
Jan 15, 2018 11:44 PM

Jul 2015
MaskOfIce said:
Yeah, as much as I don't necessarily like it, I do get it. Ultimately it is a business, I just wish we could get more anime that have a conclusion.

I also hate the current time, where more than 60(?) mediocre/bad animes flood the market per season and good older animes never get ther 2nd season to finish the story and resolve the episode 12 cliffhanger from season 1... To be able to produce this big amount of animes the creators like the animators suffer a lot through ridicilously low wages.
Jan 21, 2018 8:34 PM
Jan 2012
There is no real rulebook or pattern to what series studios adapt, the question is whether they'll make money off what they're adapting. Some companies will just adapt long running, far more popular Shounen like My Hero Academia, while others will take chances, like Kokkoku and Inuyashiki (Inuyashiki, which wasn't that popular to begin with, no idea why you think it is).

There's also factors that don't involve money, like I'm sure it's not uncommon to find a studio adapting something not because it makes money, but because they want to.

There are also plenty of examples of anime that have done this. Ping Pong the Animation is very loved by most that have actually seen it, and the manga ended in 1997. Before doing Devilman: Crybaby Masaaki Yuasa did Ping Pong the Animation, something I doubt anyone even remembered before the anime adaptation.
Jan 30, 2018 4:55 AM

Mar 2014
Maybe the director is just a big fan of the manga and wanted to do it?
::End of Transmission::

Jan 30, 2018 3:42 PM

Jun 2015
I think it's the studio. Seems to me like they're going more for an "art project" than a manga advertisement and I love it when studios do that. Everything about this anime screams effort and creativity rather than...you know, "let's shit out a 12 episode commercial".
Feb 6, 2018 6:11 PM

Mar 2009
ShadowMonkey said:
I think it's the studio. Seems to me like they're going more for an "art project" than a manga advertisement and I love it when studios do that. Everything about this anime screams effort and creativity rather than...you know, "let's shit out a 12 episode commercial".

This. Exactly. More of this, please.
Mar 25, 2018 11:11 PM

Sep 2009
ShadowMonkey said:

Was about to say exactly that.

The simple answer is because it's actually a worthwhile adaption and not some glorified marking campaign.

It's one of the better shows of the season by far but of course MAL users and reviews would have to believe otherwise. It's dark times when people willing consume, and even prefer, glorified commercials and ask for seconds.
LordLagannMar 26, 2018 2:23 AM
Mar 26, 2018 12:29 AM

May 2016
There is an Anime adaptation coming out for Banana Fish in the Summer. The Manga finished publication on March 12th 1994. That was 24 years ago, got anything else to say?

Why do people need to make pointless threads like this? Just let companies make the Anime they want, it means more content for us to enjoy. Stop complaining about what gets adapted and just go with it. Does it matter if a Manga series gets an Anime adaptation after it finishes its publication? No, no it does not.
Cypress-Mar 26, 2018 12:39 AM
Mar 26, 2018 11:00 AM

Oct 2013
I was completely oblivious that studios only make motion picture adaptations as an advertisement for the original product. So I guess Black Panther was made to sell comics, not because Marvel Studios wanted to produce a blockbuster film that would produce millions in revenue.

Seriously, is the anime situation in Japan different or something? Do anime themselves not actually make money? Because I thought anime studios make anime because they want the anime to make money, not because they want the author of the manga they are adapting to make money.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Mar 26, 2018 11:49 AM
May 2016

Cypress- said:
There is an Anime adaptation coming out for Banana Fish in the Summer. The Manga finished publication on March 12th 1994. That was 24 years ago, got anything else to say?

Why do people need to make pointless threads like this? Just let companies make the Anime they want, it means more content for us to enjoy. Stop complaining about what gets adapted and just go with it. Does it matter if a Manga series gets an Anime adaptation after it finishes its publication? No, no it does not.

I wasn't complaining about it. I was curious as to why something, I dare say, relatively rare such as an adaptation of an unpopular, finished and old work occured. Emphasis on unpopular, as the Banana Fish example you used isn't well known anymore but was a top seller in the day and has received critical acclaim, and is considered a major influece in the modern BL genre. All in all, they aren't fully comparable. I think my original question has been answered, that this was a creative piece done by a new studio, ergo this tread wasn't pointless at all.
Mar 26, 2018 12:20 PM
May 2016
Zadion said:
I was completely oblivious that studios only make motion picture adaptations as an advertisement for the original product. So I guess Black Panther was made to sell comics, not because Marvel Studios wanted to produce a blockbuster film that would produce millions in revenue.

Seriously, is the anime situation in Japan different or something? Do anime themselves not actually make money? Because I thought anime studios make anime because they want the anime to make money, not because they want the author of the manga they are adapting to make money.

There's an article at the end, but putting it simply studios are contractors to production committees made up by members from various organizations. The members of the committee include companies that want to advertise their products in the anime (pizza hut, code geass), a member from a tv station the anime airs on (gives them viewership), and of course the company that more than likely produced the manga or LN the anime was based on who want to promote the original product. This committee provides the budget to the studio who are hired to make the anime, and the studio itself makes money from splitting the profits from DVDs and blurays, and possibly merchandise depending on the deal. Basicaly, studios don't make much, so they often hire fleelancers, and the anime itself acts as a sort of commercial for several companies. Most anime we watch isn't actually mainstream and have super low budgets (the mainstream is kids shows like Doremon and Sazae-san, also one piece, SAO and AOT for exceptions) and therefore just act like literal commercials. This works, and they make loads of money like this.

Exceptions include studios that make massive profits on works, like Sunrise with Love Live!, so they invest their own money and don't depend on the committee, allowing them to make more profits. Also, since you talked about movies, most anime movies based on a series act as commercials to the anime or original work, with exceptions of original works or super successes like Your Name, In this Corner of the World, Rebuild of Evangelion and Fate/Stay night Heaven's Feel (although fate makes most of its money from GO), and even these have manga, games or novels they promote.
If you find an exception to an anime rule it's because they have a different source of money, think merch, but everything else is effectively a commercial.

Link : http://goboiano.com/heres-money-actually-made-anime/
Mar 26, 2018 12:24 PM

Jan 2013
Instead of the typical "advertisement for manga", this is a case of them maybe thinking this could sell DVDs & Blu-rays well on it's own.
Mar 26, 2018 12:31 PM

May 2016
Remakh said:

Cypress- said:

I wasn't complaining about it. I was curious as to why something, I dare say, relatively rare such as an adaptation of an unpopular, finished and old work occured. Emphasis on unpopular, as the Banana Fish example you used isn't well known anymore but was a top seller in the day and has received critical acclaim, and is considered a major influece in the modern BL genre. All in all, they aren't fully comparable. I think my original question has been answered, that this was a creative piece done by a new studio, ergo this tread wasn't pointless at all.

I wonder why it matters to you. Why does a good Anime such as Kokkoku matter so much? Why is it that you need to know why it recieved an Anime when it isn't popular? I don't understand. Let Anime be Anime, let studios make the Anime they want. Its people like you that make this industry feel like every other one. Lets not complain or question everything that happens within.

I'll answer your question as honestly as possible:

Kokkoku not being popular is the exact reason it recieved an adaptation. Its because of its unpopularity that it can now gain the recognition it deserves with an adaptation, because something unpopular got an Anime means that the people who only watch Anime and don't read Manga or LN's will get to experience something they otherwise never would have. So Kokkoku recieving an Anime is beneficial to not only the studio or the people who read the Manga but to the veiwers who have never heard of it before the Anime. I'm one of the ones who never heard of Kokkoku before knowing it was recieving an adaptation and I am beyond grateful because I absolutely love Kokkoku.
Mar 26, 2018 4:03 PM

Nov 2015
To get more fans , probably a sequel or a Live Action
but the problem is , the animation was garbage , even tho I love the story
Mar 26, 2018 4:03 PM

Nov 2015
To get more fans , probably a sequel or a Live Action
but the problem is , the animation was garbage , even tho I love the story
Mar 26, 2018 9:57 PM

Oct 2013
Remakh said:
Zadion said:

There's an article at the end, but putting it simply studios are contractors to production committees made up by members from various organizations. The members of the committee include companies that want to advertise their products in the anime (pizza hut, code geass), a member from a tv station the anime airs on (gives them viewership), and of course the company that more than likely produced the manga or LN the anime was based on who want to promote the original product. This committee provides the budget to the studio who are hired to make the anime, and the studio itself makes money from splitting the profits from DVDs and blurays, and possibly merchandise depending on the deal. Basicaly, studios don't make much, so they often hire fleelancers, and the anime itself acts as a sort of commercial for several companies. Most anime we watch isn't actually mainstream and have super low budgets (the mainstream is kids shows like Doremon and Sazae-san, also one piece, SAO and AOT for exceptions) and therefore just act like literal commercials. This works, and they make loads of money like this.

Exceptions include studios that make massive profits on works, like Sunrise with Love Live!, so they invest their own money and don't depend on the committee, allowing them to make more profits. Also, since you talked about movies, most anime movies based on a series act as commercials to the anime or original work, with exceptions of original works or super successes like Your Name, In this Corner of the World, Rebuild of Evangelion and Fate/Stay night Heaven's Feel (although fate makes most of its money from GO), and even these have manga, games or novels they promote.
If you find an exception to an anime rule it's because they have a different source of money, think merch, but everything else is effectively a commercial.

Link : http://goboiano.com/heres-money-actually-made-anime/

Thanks, that was a good read. So the summary is that studios themselves don't fund their own anime or even decide what they're going to produce; a team of other people (the "production committee") all fund and make that decision for them, and the production committee rarely has much interest in the actual anime's success.

But what I don't understand is what keeps studios from investing in themselves more often. The article explains that studios such as Kyoto Animation and Sunrise are big enough that they can fund their own series, allowing them to reap more profit. Wouldn't that model work for any studio? S3 of A Certain Magical Index would certainly still be lucrative even if the studio funded it themselves, and they would split less of the revenue as well.

Furthermore, the manga/light novel author is only one member of the production committee and probably doesn't contribute much to the anime's budget. Everyone else on the team (the TV station, general advertisors) shouldn't care if the source material is finished because that is irrelevant to their success.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Mar 26, 2018 10:56 PM
Apr 2016
The actual question is, why would not they?
Zadion said:

Thanks, that was a good read. So the summary is that studios themselves don't fund their own anime or even decide what they're going to produce; a team of other people (the "production committee") all fund and make that decision for them, and the production committee rarely has much interest in the actual anime's success.

But what I don't understand is what keeps studios from investing in themselves more often. The article explains that studios such as Kyoto Animation and Sunrise are big enough that they can fund their own series, allowing them to reap more profit. Wouldn't that model work for any studio? S3 of A Certain Magical Index would certainly still be lucrative even if the studio funded it themselves, and they would split less of the revenue as well.

Furthermore, the manga/light novel author is only one member of the production committee and probably doesn't contribute much to the anime's budget. Everyone else on the team (the TV station, general advertisors) shouldn't care if the source material is finished because that is irrelevant to their success.

Look, there are commercial studios that somehow are there when the art is being produced, and there are autonomous studios that want and can create art themselves. Original ideas always have their source in the people producing it, meaning directors of the series (FranXXX, Sunrise's Gundams, Aldnoah.Zero, Re:Creators etc) - they control the quality and what they are trying to convey to the viewer. While commercial ones do it by the book - they are given source to animate, and they stick to the source in 9/10 cases, because the creator might think his work is already "complete". There are always those bashing threads " U think it be worse than the comics?" and then wanna-be critics point out what chapter could be animated better and so on. I am not reading, only viewing the animation series, so I do not suffer any "implications" when some un-original series comes out (which was the case with this one, because it is great). You can not expect the un-original series to somehow surpass the source in the content dimension, unless the creator is deeply involved with the animation series and wants it to as perfect as he can imagine it (Boku no Hero Academia). It's from case to case really.
Daniel_NaumovMar 26, 2018 11:04 PM
Re:formed
Mar 27, 2018 11:40 AM
May 2016
Cypress- said:
Remakh said:

I wonder why it matters to you. Why does a good Anime such as Kokkoku matter so much? Why is it that you need to know why it recieved an Anime when it isn't popular? I don't understand. Let Anime be Anime, let studios make the Anime they want. Its people like you that make this industry feel like every other one. Lets not complain or question everything that happens within.

I'll answer your question as honestly as possible:

Kokkoku not being popular is the exact reason it recieved an adaptation. Its because of its unpopularity that it can now gain the recognition it deserves with an adaptation, because something unpopular got an Anime means that the people who only watch Anime and don't read Manga or LN's will get to experience something they otherwise never would have. So Kokkoku recieving an Anime is beneficial to not only the studio or the people who read the Manga but to the veiwers who have never heard of it before the Anime. I'm one of the ones who never heard of Kokkoku before knowing it was recieving an adaptation and I am beyond grateful because I absolutely love Kokkoku.

Oh, were you offended I implied Kokkoku was bad or something around those lines? I think it's a decent show, not great but above average at least. As for "Let Anime be Anime, let studios make the Anime they want" I'd rather have them make anime I want them to make. Like, a proper Berserk adaptation, a remake of pandora hearts, a complete adaptation of Saiunkoku Monogatari, a second season of No Game No Life, an adaptation of 20th Century Boy etc. It's an entertainment industry, critiquing and complaining is a requirement for it to exist. And "Why is it that you need to know why it recieved an Anime when it isn't popular?", cause it's weird. It almost never happens. Was there a special reason? Did the author invest in it himself, is the people at the studio a big fan of the work, is this a passion project by a new studio, did the author die and the anime was made to commemorate him? I don't know, I was wondering if someone did, so I made this tread kind of spur of the moment. Nothing wrong with asking man .
Mar 27, 2018 9:12 PM

May 2016
Remakh said:

Oh, were you offended I implied Kokkoku was bad or something around those lines? I think it's a decent show, not great but above average at least. As for "Let Anime be Anime, let studios make the Anime they want" I'd rather have them make anime I want them to make. Like, a proper Berserk adaptation, a remake of pandora hearts, a complete adaptation of Saiunkoku Monogatari, a second season of No Game No Life, an adaptation of 20th Century Boy etc. It's an entertainment industry, critiquing and complaining is a requirement for it to exist. And "Why is it that you need to know why it recieved an Anime when it isn't popular?", cause it's weird. It almost never happens. Was there a special reason? Did the author invest in it himself, is the people at the studio a big fan of the work, is this a passion project by a new studio, did the author die and the anime was made to commemorate him? I don't know, I was wondering if someone did, so I made this tread kind of spur of the moment. Nothing wrong with asking man .

I understand what it is you're saying now. 100 apologies for being rude if that is how you interpreted it. I agree with what you said regarding Anime I'd like to see rather than Anime they make on their own
Mar 27, 2018 9:35 PM

May 2016
I am not sure but it the anime production doesn't really care about manga volumes sales, they care about the blu-ray and merchandising.
As other says there is Orange, Parasyte, Piano no Mori
Or animes that were going to end Boku Dake ga Inai Machi, ReLIFE, Ansatsu Kyoushitsu (2nd Season).
As you says they were well know, but I think or 2 possibilities:
1.-They wanted something to adapt and they liked Kokkoku.
2. The studio is new so they don't have a lot of budget (probably used in Golden Kamuy) and they found and opportunity in this manga.
I like to post in manga forum when I feel it is worth it, so people think. "Shit, is her again" or something.

People asked me where I read certain thing but the rules say no telling where did you read so maybe I am too boring for not saying? Or salty because you didn't check my profile that says don't ask because I hate people to ghost me after that. I love learning languages so maybe I did not read the manga in English.
Apr 2, 2018 1:02 AM

Feb 2014
the manga has had sales promos b4 while it was publishing and it's been on my radar since for years lol...I would agree it's more unpopular rather than not well-known

and yea it probably has to be the studio testing stuff out, if you payed attention to the kind of projects Geno Studio decided to take on. Something like Genocidal Organ is a dead giveaway to what kinda material they're lookin for

"For the sake of humankind, I forsake my humanity." - Cherry
Apr 4, 2018 3:37 PM
Mar 2014
I'm glad they did, though. It was easily among the better ones this season.

Well that being said naturally the reception has been pretty mixed. Wellp I'm not whining I got to watch something interesting.
May 19, 2022 4:29 PM

Jun 2010
monolith said:
Remakh said:

Parasyte was adapted in 2014 from a manga that ended in 1995. So is not that rare.

Yeah, that's a very good example.. And a very great series. We sure got lucky.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kokkoku Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2018

142 by JeanFranciss »»
Oct 13, 9:33 AM

Poll: » Kokkoku Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2018

67 by JeanFranciss »»
Oct 13, 9:07 AM

Poll: » Kokkoku Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2018

54 by JeanFranciss »»
Oct 13, 8:41 AM

Poll: » Kokkoku Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2018

61 by JeanFranciss »»
Oct 6, 9:21 AM

Poll: » Kokkoku Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2018

45 by JeanFranciss »»
Oct 6, 9:20 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.