Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 10, 2018 11:41 PM
Jan 2011
This anime is a masterpiece. Lol. Way to crank up the gross factor to 11.
Mar 11, 2018 12:42 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The second story, about the death throw at the river, was very solid and amazing!!!
Mar 11, 2018 3:07 AM

Apr 2014
I've actually read the manga for the "greased" segment, I was expecting the "CRATER FACE IS ERUPTING BABY!" subtitles to be used for that scene. I was disappointed LMAO. And they really botched that animated scene up, it looked like an amateur did it. And yes, for those who didn't catch on, the father was greasing up his kids only to serve them at the restaurant.

The second segment was sad to me rather than scary.
Mar 11, 2018 3:22 AM

Jan 2013
first story almost made me to drop this fucking anime.

second story was decent enough. I loved the mystery and the overall atmosphere of the environment
Mar 11, 2018 9:41 AM

Jul 2015
First story was disgusting.

Second was good,good to see a ghost story of Ito.

Mar 11, 2018 12:05 PM

Aug 2014
Pretty stellar episode;

The first segment was great for the gory ideas and the themitzation of a broken home,. I don't know why, but there seemingly is something with parental (especially fatherly) figures and family distress, that has marked quite a big chunk of Ito's work. I also found the mathematics of oil saturation to be quite humorous.

Second segment was even better. I remember not liking the "Gentle Goodbyes"-segment with the apparitions for it's predictability and found it somewhat forced, but this one genuinely made an emotional impact on me. I guess it was the tragedy, of seeing those loved ones go out in misfortune by hitting the edge of the bridge and just the ritual, that made my empathization with the characters stronger than with the apparition episode. Though, I was totally laughing out loud when the big guy got stuck at the bridge edges. Also, Old man Kingoro waddling there with his face molten at the beginning, but still completely harmless was also funny to me.
Mar 11, 2018 3:04 PM
Jan 2018
AH GOD that was gross solidly creepy as hell though but UGH that first half UGH
Mar 11, 2018 5:07 PM

Jul 2010
The first part... oh god why.
Mar 11, 2018 7:13 PM
Jun 2017
Did anyone notice 7 minutes in that the guy on the left has mouth animation when the guy on the right is supposed to be talking? I had to rewind because he literally was talking to himself on screen.
Mar 11, 2018 9:13 PM

Jan 2018
Both stories are good. The first story was very disgusting tho.
Mar 12, 2018 12:28 PM

Jun 2012
The first segment had me on the verge of throwing up. Literally. I was covering up my mouth and I could feel it moving through my throat :(

The second one, I liked it a lot. It was calmer and I don't know, felt so good for some reason.

"No matter how far you travel, you can never get away from yourself."
-- Murakami Haruki
Mar 12, 2018 4:05 PM

May 2014
I'm fine with gore, body horror, etc. but goddammit, the first part was so disgusting, it made me feel nauseous. I could barely pay attention to the second story
Mar 13, 2018 6:41 AM

Jan 2011
Soon as it started I wanted to believe it wasn't Glyceride. So I guess Yami no Koe stories are fair game. In that case this better damn well end with Mystery of the Haunted House.
Mar 13, 2018 9:35 AM

Dec 2012
That was an interesting episode. I honestly felt more bad for the two protagonists than grossed out/scared. Though the implied cannibalism was sort of disturbing.

Mar 14, 2018 2:26 AM

Jan 2013
It was such a bad idea to eat breakfast while watching the 1st part...

Also, I feel so bad for Osode, but maybe she can be happy again with them. ;-;

"Please stop talking about math when I'm eating."
Mar 15, 2018 7:21 PM

Jan 2015
OMYFUCKING GOD ito junji ep 10, when i saw all those pimples and then he POPPED IT. MY GOD I SCREAMED SO HARD, the biggest scare i've seen AJKfskgjkafasjdkgklajlfskfsajlkfk. Thats definitely the creepiets moment gosh.

ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY HOW DISGUSTING THAT PIMPLE EPISODE WAS asjksjdgajkfgjsdk ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGhhhhhh.
When he popped all of those at the same time akdjakfjakfjkdfjaa OMGGGGG. I never wanted to skip so badly in my life, feelsbad being the guy with principles who never skip anything in an episode T_T

Also ill never look at volcano eruption the same anymore, GEE THANKS.
Wait what is this cannibalism? SAVE ME, i wanna give this anime 1/10 SO BADLY

How does she live in that place, just leave LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL what does she even eat if her father in the kitchen all the time and she doesnt leave the room

Phew thank god its over.

Second part was just SAD AS FUCK DUDE. She just didndt want to sink like the others T_T T_T T_T that was very sad.
Mar 16, 2018 5:48 AM

Nov 2016
Out of curiousity I decided to read the manga chapter too and yeah,the feeling of disgust was way stronger.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 16, 2018 2:38 PM

Sep 2017
I rarely feel disgust when watching anything, but this. THIS. I had to covered my eyes when the scene was happening. I felt too much like vomiting and skipping it would have meant looking at what I was trying to skip. No, just no. You don't do stuff like this, Junji Ito! Slaughter people all you want, but this is some other hardcore level of horror. There's a line that should not be crossed. That's the line.
Mar 16, 2018 4:46 PM

Mar 2016
Oh god...that first half...please let there be nothing else this gross in the last two episodes.
Mar 17, 2018 12:15 AM

Oct 2015
Wasn't the first story from Yami no Koe? I guess they're not just adapting from the collection after all. They could've picked a better story from Yami no Koe,since 5/7 stories there are quite good
Mar 17, 2018 7:04 AM
Aug 2015
I'm not satisfied with the animation of 'Glyceride' in this episode. It's not GROSS enough XD I wish it would've been GROSSIER as what it looks like in the manga.
Mar 18, 2018 2:14 AM

Jun 2014
Ok, the first story triggered the fuck out of me.

I had to skip most of it while just glancing at the screen every so often. Even the trypophobia episode wasn't this bad. I have to admit, the mangaka sure knows how to get under peoples' skin.
Mar 19, 2018 8:23 AM

Apr 2015
I read the first half accidentally at some point...one of the most disgusting experiences I had ever. This was one too

Shokichi-san...familiar name eh
Mar 19, 2018 10:37 AM

May 2012
The second story gave me some slight Mushishi vibes with the music and basic story outline. I wouldn't watch an Ito Junji version of Mushishi though....
Mar 22, 2018 8:46 PM

Mar 2009
A lot of things don't really get to me, but that first part was absolutely disgusting. I almost gagged.

The 2nd part: is it just me or was this unintentionally hilarious?
Mar 24, 2018 12:29 PM

Jul 2009
The oil dad went crazy to make money using his kids meat...
Mar 25, 2018 9:24 AM

Sep 2016
I'm so glad they adapted this episode, one of my favorite was glyceride.

🔥You're looking at someone🔥

🔥Who is superior to you🔥

🔥You have my permission to🔥

🔥Bask in my glow🔥

Mar 26, 2018 5:27 PM

May 2016
Oil saturation levels are at fucking disgusting percent, get out of the house before you get turned into yaliniku as well! Those volcanoes omfg.

Some traditions are messed up. I admitted that I laughed when Gyokichi got stuck on the bridge but that ending was kinda bittersweet.

Mar 30, 2018 3:09 AM

Jun 2013
That scene when he bukkake'd her open-mouthed face with his cystic acne pus and grease, oh fucking god, I almost vomited.

Him drinking oil reminded me of that one Korean woman who injected oil into her face because she was addicted to plastic surgery and thought injecting oil into her face would make her look more beautiful/younger. [ Article: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2320679/Korean-woman-Hang-Mioku-injects-COOKING-OIL-face-refused-plastic-surgery.html ]

So daddy dearest chopped up his son and served it. Now he's chopping himself up. Ugh, disgusting, I was just about to have some fried pork with lots of fat on it and crunchy skin. I'll eat it tomorrow instead.

The second part when Shokichi, that tall dude's corpse was floating down the river and he got stuck because he was too tall was hilarious. I started laughing like an idiot in my room. I'm fucking horrible and evil.
臭い-
Mar 30, 2018 4:13 PM

May 2017
Greased - when you pops all his zits at once made me literally heave. I don't think I've ever seen something more gross than that.
Apr 3, 2018 12:15 PM

Apr 2013
That oil kid squeezing his face was the most disturbing thing i've seen in anime. And i've seen my fair share of anime. Jesus Christ, give me blood and gore 10X over that shit any day of the week.
Apr 7, 2018 4:43 AM

Dec 2015
That grease chapter was honestly nauseating. I was physically repulsed but I couldn't look away.
Now I'm gonna go wash my face.
Apr 10, 2018 4:36 PM

Sep 2011
ive been watching this show on my breaks, the second i saw greased was getting adapted i noped the fuck out cause i knew what was coming

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 21, 2018 3:20 PM

Aug 2014
By far my least favorite episode. Greased/Glyceride is a fine story on its own (though obviously extremely disturbing because of how disgusting it is), but everything else about this half of the episode was just bad (animation especially, but we all know by now how awful this show's animation has been).

Bridge felt like it had no point. It felt like nothing. I haven't read the original manga for it so I don't know if the manga was like that or not, but regardless the anime's version was just boring.

Overall pretty trash episode.

Jan 10, 2020 11:04 PM
Jun 2013
holy shit what a gross first story though the son deserved it. I felt bad for the girl abusive brother and father who want to serve his children. that visual of the bridge ghost sure was creepy and wow what a dumb ass tradition i mean for fuck sake she couldn't even see her fiance be done right. Though I will admit I laughed when the tall dude got stuck. well that was depressing you can say the grandmother was reaching to her in her dreams for her wish and didn't get it and now is stuck in that hell.
Mar 10, 2020 4:41 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The story with the oil was one of the most disgusting thing i've ever seen in anime, I almost threw up
Oct 22, 2020 12:16 PM

Aug 2013
Lol i was laughing so hard in the 2nd story . the way they bumped into the water and nobody did anything to prevent it xD
Oct 22, 2020 12:17 PM

Aug 2013
Ashhk said:
The story with the oil was one of the most disgusting thing i've ever seen in anime, I almost threw up

i know right. i had to skip it. i read the manga version of it and its fucking disgusting. nearly had to throw up when i read it back some years ago
Oct 22, 2020 1:40 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Kyabi said:
Ashhk said:

i know right. i had to skip it. i read the manga version of it and its fucking disgusting. nearly had to throw up when i read it back some years ago
Yeah lol that scene is still in my head it truly disgusted me xD
Oct 1, 2022 2:03 AM
Sep 2021
This was such a disgusting episode 🤢🤢
Oct 22, 2022 11:57 AM

Dec 2009
Aside from one flaw and nitpick, the Greased adaption was well done in inducing disgust from the grease and acne in the story.
The big brother's voice as a child is too old which is whatever, but excluding that nitpick... the only flaw/disappointment to this adaption of the animation/art of the acne's sebum pouring out from the brother's pores on his face. Cheap quality on that, but solid adaption. 6/10.

In Bridge, the granddaughter dreaming through her grandma's wish in telling her to not sink in the river and the ghosts carrying her corpse into the river while the granddaughter was sleeping is oddly irrational, but the funeral tradition where they send out the dead to pass through a bridge in a river is interesting in how they seemingly can't pass on to heaven if they sink into the river.
The ghost's rotting faces was poorly drawn, but this story remains a decent one and was adapted well. 6/10.

Possibly the least grand episode from the chosen stories.
Oct 28, 2022 5:28 AM
Oct 2019
This is why we shouldn't drink oil lol
thank god i'm not having a dinner while watching this.

i know it's not supposed to be funny but every time the body hit the corner was hilarious.
Feb 16, 2023 9:40 PM

Feb 2021
The first story is very terrifying and the second one is little bit scary...

Will Her soul rest in peace?
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Apr 30, 4:01 PM
Apr 2024
The first story was fuckin disgusting never watching that again for sure. Second story was much better
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Someone plz educate me

MoonSpider - Sep 25

4 by MoonSpider »»
Oct 10, 10:53 PM

Poll: » Ito Junji: Collection Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 5, 2018

238 by rizalthehero »»
Oct 1, 12:03 AM

» POSITIVE AND NEGATIVE SIDE

Andru230 - May 12

4 by Andru230 »»
May 15, 2:56 PM

Poll: » Ito Junji: Collection Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 2, 2018

86 by Andru230 »»
May 12, 8:03 AM

» Is the blu ray version better?

Andru230 - Mar 27

2 by Andru230 »»
Apr 15, 9:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.