Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 6, 2017 8:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, the adults in this show are a bit complicated to deal with especially this episode. I'm glad to see Koharu at least trying to reason with them.

I like they gave Maki some more spotlight and I'm hoping that her confidence grows more with her character. In the meantime, I really like some of the antiques in this show. The golden dragon is apparently featured this episode and looks magnificent.
Stark700Sep 6, 2017 10:06 AM
Sep 6, 2017 9:49 AM

Apr 2016
Two episodes left.

When i seen those three suits i first thought that they gonna demolish the school, guess something bigger is coming.
Sep 6, 2017 10:03 AM

Jun 2017
Things are looking glum for the town. With only a couple episodes left I am seriously concerned about how this is going to pan out.
Sep 6, 2017 10:35 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
You know there's actually a decent chance we will actually get to see the absorbing of Manoyama by the end of the final episode, me thinks.

It would take away the identity of the town which would be a bad end essentially for the main girls who tried their hardest but in the long term, it would have Manoyama revitalized although not how they wanted it to be.

I'm interested how they handle this.
Sep 6, 2017 10:46 AM

Jun 2012
I'm dumb. Absorbed into Tomikura, what does that mean exactly?
Sep 6, 2017 10:53 AM
Mar 2016
Zackhario said:
I'm dumb. Absorbed into Tomikura, what does that mean exactly?

I'm not an expert on how Japanese municipalities work, but I would assume that Manoyama would no longer be an independent city, but rather be incorporated into the nearby larger city of Tomikura.

Basically, Manoyama would lose its official identity and become part of another city.
Sep 6, 2017 11:06 AM

Aug 2013
Yoshino's little speech at the merchant meeting was the highlight of the episode. You can see how she changed since coming to Manoyama. The news about Manoyama being absorbed to a different town came as a surprise.

At least they will be using the 'Golden Dragon' at the festival and it definitely grant wishes.

Sep 6, 2017 11:14 AM

Jun 2015
Erika being mean to her mother is irritating. Some strange men are in town and they were looking around. It's pretty nice a major pastry company wants to open a store in town. The people had quite the debate on whose store the company could use. Yoshino's speech was amazing. She changed a lot since coming to Manoyama. It's great to see Kadota and Chitose made up. Manoyama being absorbed into Tomikura is shocking. I hope that doesn't happen.
Sep 6, 2017 11:47 AM

Feb 2014
Yoshino has certainly grown since we first saw her, struggling to find a job in Tokyo back in episode 1. Her speech at the emergency board meeting was passionate and really impressive.

What Akiyama went through with the outsider tenant in the past was unfortunate, so I can't blame him for refusing to rent out his shop again in case history decides to repeat itself.

I had a feeling that the men in the suits were up to something, but I wasn't expecting Manoyama to be potentially absorbed into the larger city of Tomikura. Is it really something that the residents of Manoyama want, even if it offers a chance for the place to be revitalised in the long term?

I want to know about Kadota's position in this though. Is it something he wants to see happen or could Yoshino and the others convince him otherwise?

I'm hoping most of my questions are answered soon enough, since there's only 2 episodes left. D=
Sep 6, 2017 11:52 AM

Sep 2013
Board meeting about the future of the shopping district and akiyama got hit hard with the debt when he helped an outsider.
Being absorbed is bad for those who want a tranquil place.
Sep 6, 2017 12:48 PM
Nov 2016
Coming from a small town, I get how Chitose Obasan feels about the new supermarket and the Board of Merchants dissolving.

The townspeople are trying to adapt to the new world while keeping their culture intact and that can be a difficult thing to do especially if the change is rapid.

Maki is going full tilt with the training and I like it. I like how the show doesn't focus solely on the queen and shows other people in the limelight too.
Sep 6, 2017 3:03 PM

Oct 2013
Poor old Akiyama was swindled by that hipster douche. I liked Yoshino's inspirational speech to the Board of Merchants. I'm hoping somehow they can save Manoyama.
Sep 6, 2017 3:10 PM

May 2015
Two episodes left, and now the town may get absorbed with another town. Oh damn, I can only hope they'll wrap it up decently.

Great episode though.

Sep 6, 2017 3:10 PM

Mar 2008
I love how Yoshino brought everyone together. I hope Manoyama stays an independent city. Only 2 episodes left, I don't want it to end.
Sep 6, 2017 6:37 PM

Dec 2016
Well that was quite the unexpected ending, and I thought everything was going so well up until that point.
Sep 6, 2017 6:57 PM

Sep 2013
The town is going to be absorbed?!

I really hope it doesn't get absorbed, though at this point it seems inevitable since the town has barely improved the past year. It's really hard to think what they can do to prevent this with only 2 episodes left and the festival coming up.

Hopefully there's a game changer for the town or they can make a compromise. I'd hate to see all of Yoshino and the Girl's work all be for naught.

Sep 6, 2017 8:13 PM

Jan 2017
I've loved this show so far - tied with Kobayashi as my favorite for 2017 so far. And I loved most of this episode. Until the last twist. I don't know how this is gonna pan out but I wanted a lighter happier ending, not drama just for the sake of drama. I'm excited for the last two episodes, but I hope it's not just all about this last twist.
Sep 6, 2017 8:33 PM
Apr 2017
I'm assuming everybody here has seen the episode so there's no point in re-telling....but, this is definitely the best sakura quest episode i've seen, everything's changed from the early episodes--characters, atmosphere, etc. EZ 5/5 imo
Sep 6, 2017 8:37 PM
Apr 2017
Reverberate said:
Two episodes left, and now the town may get absorbed with another town. Oh damn, I can only hope they'll wrap it up decently.

Great episode though.

hate to say it, but this is really one of the better series (not just this season) that i just feel like it won't get a continuation...but i could be wrong, in fact i hope i am...
Sep 6, 2017 10:52 PM

Sep 2016
Smudy said:
You know there's actually a decent chance we will actually get to see the absorbing of Manoyama by the end of the final episode, me thinks.
It would take away the identity of the town which would be a bad end essentially for the main girls who tried their hardest but in the long term, it would have Manoyama revitalized although not how they wanted it to be.
soo true how it plays out these last 2 episodes will be very interesting
Facta Non Verba
Sep 7, 2017 1:52 AM

Mar 2013
Great episode.

Yoshino's speech was really sensible. Makes you think how far the girl has come since the start of the anime.

Ooh that's one big trouble coming on Manoyama town. I wonder how'll they deal it.

Only two eps remain. Forget reviving, town's facing an existential crisis. I only see it ending on a hopeful note.

And if possible, I'd really really love to see it getting a sequel :D
Sep 7, 2017 2:31 AM
Apr 2017
I totally did not expect the (soon) disappearance of Manoyama, given the episodes left, I think this is inevitable.

I think the festival would be the last event by the Manoyama, and set the mark of the disappearance. And everyone would try their best to make this festival the best event in their life.

Feel really sad, but I had wondered for a long time how they would wrap up this show, I guess this is it
Sep 7, 2017 2:48 AM

Dec 2014
Interesting, Manoyama might be absorbed and the chance of that happening is pretty likely and in a sense also achieves the revitalization goal they wanted.

Maki's acting in the play rehearsal was really good.

Glad the board of merchants officially decided to participate in the festival but with the final development let's see where this heads.
Sep 7, 2017 2:50 AM

Jun 2016
They better revived Manoyama and not be absorbed before this show ended or else I'm gonna cry in the corner. ;-;

Please don't hurt us. Forgodsake. ;-;

Can't believe we have 2 episodes left. Gaaaah.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Sep 7, 2017 7:58 AM

Jan 2015
Seriously, another senior arguing about their "Pride" but this time added with a story of a person that scared the same mistake might happen if he approve Board of Tourism's idea.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Sep 7, 2017 11:18 AM

Jan 2014
This was honestly one of the better episodes out of the most recent ones. You can kind of see how everything from previous episodes is finally coming together. Outside factors also play a role, which drives the realism in the show. The theme of what it means to be a community is really starting to shine through. The quality of the art this episode didn't seem to dip, either. Really enjoyed it, but I wonder if they can end it in two more episodes? Maybe a movie as the finale?

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Sep 7, 2017 11:46 AM

Jul 2016
Just when our Queen finally found her home, she'd have to lose it again. Not funny, PA Works. Not funny.
Sep 7, 2017 1:15 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
That was a huge FML moment at the end of this episode for me >.< And everything was going so well too
Sep 7, 2017 4:06 PM

Jun 2016
You know that things are going down when they don't play the OP. After all of that work, this gets dropped on them. The sad part is that it's realistic considering how Manoyama has been lately. It's mostly old people, so the city would die sooner rather than later. This would be the best way to save it from it's impending doom. It still sucks though. I want Manoyama to get popular, but coming from a place that absorbed other smaller towns around it...this sort of stuff happens all the time.

Smudy said:

It makes sense too, considering how empty Manoyama is. Being absorbed would help revitalized the town and get more people there, but it would be at the cost of their own identity. If they do get absorbed at the end, then it will probably happen after the festival.

But then, where would that leave Yoshino?
°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°
Sep 8, 2017 6:15 AM

Feb 2008
An existential threat appears. Absorption by a larger municipality tends to have undesirable consequences for smaller parties. I'm looking forward to seeing what the Tourism Board will do to avoid such a fate.

Yoshino was particularly brilliant, though. Truly akin to a Queen.
Sep 8, 2017 6:38 AM

Jul 2016
Yoshino save the day. We've seen hoq much she'd grown up until this point.

Thats a bad news from kaichou, they must succeed in the reviving of the town using the festival.
Sep 9, 2017 6:04 PM

Feb 2015
For sure a great episode now there's been progress in the story this time.

I think they handled the drama well during their meeting in the Merchant Board, just about right for Yoshino's speech until the good resolve in the end.

But, given the bad news they got afterwards, shit won't be easy for them.

Two episodes might still be enough to wrap it up, so hopefully the next ones will go straight to the point. There's really a chance the show might end on a bittersweet note.
Sep 9, 2017 7:57 PM
Feb 2016
i really loved the reference to "pasteis de belem" from Portugal.
XplusionSep 9, 2017 8:17 PM
Sep 11, 2017 10:51 AM

Sep 2015
I thought this was one of Sakura Quests more poignant episodes. And I've really enjoyed this show until now. This episode balanced a lot of things that felt important to the series end game. And its overall message. It showed the growth of the main cast until now. Both together and as individuals. And with the exception of Yoshino set up what their post series goals are. It set up a conflict for the ending. And one that's crucial to its treatise on small town identity. The danger of being absorbed and losing what makes you unique. It even moved things along for the festival and play that will surely factor heavily into the last two episodes.

What really impressed me about this episode though. Was its A plot about the dying shopping district. While it is a show uniquely about Japanese rural towns. The conflict here is a universal one. In the age of the internet and mega stores. Small shops are dying. And if you can't keep any of them afloat. How long before business and enterprise in a small town (or all small towns) drys up. The episode doesn't have a real answer. It essentially just says try new things. And be lenient and understanding of each other in these tough times. But I also think there is no answer, certainly not an easy one. And that's about all that needs to be said.
Sep 13, 2017 9:24 PM

Feb 2014
Just when I was wondering how they are going to end the show, since all this Belem business (even the festival plot, which at this point pretty much has been sidelined) look pretty mundane for a finale, Kaichou then comes along and drops that bomb towards the end.
Sep 21, 2017 10:58 AM

Jul 2009
Things are really changing bit by bit...
Sep 21, 2017 2:46 PM

Jun 2013
Great episode, but damn that cliffhanger!
Sep 24, 2017 9:02 PM

May 2010
"That's not revitalizing, it's just development"
Damn, I actually cried at that one. Yoshino says some wise things.
Sep 27, 2017 9:06 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Ririko in the dragon outfit lol
So adorable ~

Yoshino steps up and finally brings the people together :)
But wow that ending had her tearing up

Nov 2, 2017 8:14 PM

May 2012
Lovely episode again, really looking forwards to see what's next!
Nov 12, 2017 11:55 AM

Oct 2012
Pretty interesting ending arc. Realistically speaking this city merging would be profitable for citizens of both cities so I don't see why anyone other that the town lead would oppose (new roads, more money in the budget, better shops, services, hospitals and so on.. But I understand some things like their history could fade in the process so I don't think that it would happen in the end. And I also believe that they would have their say in the process, and can deny the merge (even though the new houses keep spreading almost infinitely and it's obvious at some point both cities merge naturally.

I wonder whether Yoshino stays in the town in the end.
I wonder whether the pastry shop gets into Manoyama (let's hope so).
And I wonder if the festival is success, let's prepare for some feels now.
Jan 31, 2018 4:45 PM

Aug 2012
-uh oh it's ominous businessmen in suits
-ririko is a qt
-as expected, they saved the yoshino arc for last probably
-when were you when manoyama was die
-something something parallelism
-wait but isn't majority rule how they've been doing everything in the series up to now? i might need to think about that for a bit
-feels bad man
-somehow this episode feels like a recap
-looks like the men in suits were working for big wig kadota who's launching a no-holds-barred effort to blow up manoyama
-wait are they actually using the toy
-well i wasn't too off the mark

Somehow this episode managed to be kind of like a recap episode without being a recap episode, which is kind of nice because of how spotty my watching of this show was. After thinking about it a little more, I'm not sure I entirely agree with Yoshino's little spiel of ensuring that everyone was in on the new revitalization efforts in Manoyama. Like, wasn't the whole conflict between the Tourism Board and the Board of Merchants in the early episodes of the show solely because the two parties didn't agree with each other? That line just seems weird to me now.

This episode also had a pretty strong lead-in from the last one, now that I think about it, and I don't recall that being the case in the vast majority of the previous episodes. The arcs up until this point felt more standalone. I guess the change makes sense with how close this episode is to the end of the season and how much of a recap episode it felt like. However, more in line with the other episodes, this episode demonstrated the type of setting development that this show's consistently been strong with.

Overall the episode was alright.
Mar 7, 2018 10:21 PM

Jun 2013
I have a bad feeling about this absorption thing. Sakura Quest is the kind of series to take a realistic approach to how these problems play out. They might work something out, but I'm not expecting something suddenly optimistic :(

I really hope Yoshino stays though...
Mar 28, 2018 12:07 PM

Sep 2011
Man, now I'm sad :( I hope they won't have to get absorbed, or at least can work out a middle ground. All these work would kind of go to waste otherwise...

On an other note, seeing how much Yoshino has grown (both personality wise and the way the people of Manoyama treat her) makes me happy :)
Jan 14, 2019 2:58 AM

Jun 2016
Another peaceful episode. Of course except for the ending.
This show makes me want to move to a small town and try to revive it. The tranquility of the elders and the dreams of the youth are portrayed in such a heartwarming way. The urgent meeting was really endearing to watch as the old and young came together to help the shopping disreict revitalize. Too bad it will end in 2 episodes.
Dec 18, 2020 11:40 AM

May 2016
Old man got tricked by a fox... poor guy had to even pay his loan what a jerk, no wonder he didn't want to rent it again.
it was also kinda refreshing listening to the board of merchants and tourism talk and understand each other.

that ending shocked me. 5/5
Mar 30, 2023 11:24 AM

Aug 2011
I freaking love Queen Koharu, she's out here making sure everyone's voices are heard!!
desu desu binches
Dec 8, 2023 8:03 PM

Oct 2022
I love the sense of momentum the last few episodes have, and how much the queen has grown into her role and become a strong team leader.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2017

65 by Leftu »»
Oct 2, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2017

184 by EsieEyen »»
Jul 19, 3:32 AM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2017

55 by Rahul_101 »»
Apr 30, 9:20 PM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2017

85 by wildhood »»
Apr 30, 8:41 PM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 19 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2017

46 by Rahul_101 »»
Apr 30, 1:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.