Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Apr 9, 2016 6:29 PM

Oct 2008
Is it just me or the animation went down?
2/5.

Apr 10, 2016 1:41 AM

Aug 2013
Maverick-sama said:
Jonesy974 said:

Season 1 was so much better. It was dark, gritty, mature. The characters all looked distinctly different. They all fought differently. There was always high tension and the threat of instant death looming. No character was safe. There was no time for dinner and shower breaks with happy music playing in the background.

Honestly the only bright side of this new season is that it looks like they're shipping Akari and Michelle pretty hard. Which everyone is ok with.

Couldn't agree more with this. I watched the uncensored version of S1 in early January so it's not to far out of mine. There is the brutality or darkness to this series, hell there isn't much blood either. Previously arms heads and blood went flying now we see complete corpse bugs.

The thought of a MC dieing at any point seems to all but be gone. Before you couldn't tell who was going to get axed next (like akame ga kill) style. Now it seems mostly everyone is safe that made it through S1. Hopefully it turns darker soon or otherwise it's a shell of season one.

The art style is also pretty lame but whatever, I could deal with that if it was the same everywhere else but that just adds to the frustration.

I am wondering if they are going to release a Bluray with a totally different experience, maybe that's why they are holding back already. I know season 1 censorship was horrible so maybe that's why they dialed it back. Either way it seem pretty bad 1 episode in right.

Here's hoping for a much better Ep2.

The funny thing is, soooo many people bitched about the first season too. But honestly when you get down to it, the only thing that people were really mad about was the censoring during the TV broadcast. Once the show was uncensored, everyone was like "oh hey, this is alright I guess".

Now everyone is taking the first season for granted because of how trash this season is, lol.

The worst part is that every aspect of the show is bad. You cant say "oh well the OST this season is bad, but at least the animation is excellent", or "well the fight scenes are a little tame, but the character designs are flawless".

Like no. You cant, because literally all of it is just so bad, hahaha.
Apr 10, 2016 11:50 PM

Dec 2012
Top many flashback in this episode, but it was alright. I'm a little disappointed that there is no more blood, it was more realistic and the fights were intense
Apr 11, 2016 3:56 AM

May 2008
Holy crap! I really enjoyed the first season... wow what a total downgrade on everything. The art is towned down with less details, more dumb fanservice (the fanservice in S1 was less stupid and an eye candy). No seriousness or hopelessness, no gore and the bugs looks even more stupid than ever O.o Not to mention their eyes looks so horrible :S Just wow!
Apr 12, 2016 2:00 AM

Jan 2011
No idea how to wrap it up, really. First episode and it was already a let down, when compared to the 1st season, that I didn't find so bad. And I'm not talking about the plot.

The graphics and animation itself wasn't so bad, expect some of the fighting scenes. Well.. rather pushing around some overgrown bugs. This drawing style doesn't... hmmm well... fit this anime? It's like making Death Note season 2 in a Shojo style, or something... Ok maybe that one was a bit over the top, but you know what I mean.

Well I think I still give it a try to see if it will change later on.

Apr 15, 2016 7:42 AM

Jun 2013
Don't know how to feel about the new animation style. The little bubbles where their chibi forms popping up to random situations kind of surprised me but not in a good way.

OP song is shit.

Akari grabbed my Michelle's tit. Fuck you.

Fanservice shower scene with nipple-less tits.

Their MREs looked somewhat appetizing though.
臭い-
Apr 15, 2016 1:24 PM
Apr 2016
Gotta say im very picky when it comes to animes, so picky that I maybe watch 1-2 new ones every year. I loved Terra Formars, it was unique, diffrent from most of the animes out there, which is why I loved it.

But now I cant see a diffrence anymore at all, everything changed, fighting sucks, characters suck, and they went and did the cliche to give all their focus on the Oh-So-Mighty main character.

Meh, raging hard cause I really used to love this show :/
Apr 15, 2016 8:42 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
I don't think I've ever seen sometihing so insulting in a long time. Gone is the tone, the violence, and what's here is inconsistent character behaviors, kiddy fights and poorly placed lighthearted moments.

1/5
Apr 15, 2016 9:10 PM

Oct 2010
It's crazy, because I was thinking that I was going to wait a few weeks to get the uncensored, but no need to when everything came already censored. I'm glad that other people felt the same way about the quality of this first episode was lackluster because I know sometimes I can be a harsh critic. I felt something was extremely off about this episode. Terra Formars the Shounen Version.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 18, 2016 10:35 AM
Dec 2014
Help me ! My eyes ! It hurts !

After last year's awesome animations I saw this. Everything just looks awful, did they fire artists or what ?

They can't even draw a human figure shape in motion anymore !

This is the epitome of a milk cow.
Apr 18, 2016 10:38 AM
Dec 2014
DimosZargarda said:
Gotta say im very picky when it comes to animes, so picky that I maybe watch 1-2 new ones every year. I loved Terra Formars, it was unique, diffrent from most of the animes out there, which is why I loved it.

But now I cant see a diffrence anymore at all, everything changed, fighting sucks, characters suck, and they went and did the cliche to give all their focus on the Oh-So-Mighty main character.

You're speaking from my soul, mister.
Apr 18, 2016 11:43 AM
Apr 2016
What a terrible mess they made out of Season 2 :/
genk1sudo said:
DimosZargarda said:

You're speaking from my soul, mister.

And mine.
Apr 22, 2016 12:00 PM
Sep 2014
Demonneo said:
BlightBoy17 said:

I gave the episode 5/5 because i enjoyed it and i think its unfair how people rate the anime bad just because of the used budget.

Unfair?? What happened to the heavy atmosphere, horror feel and cool art style? What happened to the battles to the death where humans and cockroaches beat the crap out of each other? The gore, dark and gloomy environment, weird looking/silly/scary alliens, serious characters and the strategic fights by using the unique insect abilities in a life or death situation were the charm of this anime and now it's completely gone. Now we got some stupid PG-13 LN harem adaptation with cheerful and colorfoul atmosphere, comedy and cheesy character dialogues... and those boring fights? WTF?? Are you fucking kidding me?? Now they can only throw punches with action scenes even worst than Dragon Ball Super with no sense of danger or tension at all. It's like i'm watching teen titans or something. They also completely changed the characters personality. Like someone here said, they all went from "we came here to earn money for x reason, but now we are doomed to die" to "sigh, oh well, im here and shit, but that's ok. Let's have some nakama fun with ecchi moments". Michele, for example, is completely unrecognisable.

I never seen such 180º turn in a show before. It's like your favorite metal band started to release Britney Spears like albuns..lol. Sad part is, there are people who actually liked this abomination. Like i said before, season 1 had it's problems, but this episode was just.... i don't even.... not like this, not like this...

well if i would compare it to long time series which is jojo, jojo was changing over series to introduce new feeling to the story, and sure jojo was always an action anime , and this anime started as one, the thing is in season 1 they were showing the story of some characters as they have an aggressive fight with the cockroaches, which in this season they were taking a break as their leader was killed, they have to build the story to continue the fight, and i think the last 6 episodes will go back to continue the fight with the cockroaches.

I understand your example about the metal band , the thing is i am not comparing this season to season 1, so i am enjoying it as i did with season 1.
Apr 22, 2016 12:05 PM
Sep 2014
KokoroYuudai said:
BlightBoy17 said:
I didn't have any problem with the second season.

The opening and ending are suiting the anime, not the best opening yet not bad.
I am not used to the art and the animation is not as good as before, but i have no problem with that, i don't demand much for something most of us here watch for free.
I also like how the show becomes a little brighter with some humor, i just doubt it will stay this way the whole season and to be honest i had enough of the season one gore, so i have no problem at all to see the current group survive the upcoming death.

I gave the episode 5/5 because i enjoyed it and i think its unfair how people rate the anime bad just because of the used budget.
the problem is this. The animtion, the opening, hell everything they changed doesnt fit with the tone of the manga. its supposed to be dark, gritty, hopeless, full of despair with blood and gore everywhere. thats just how it is. This....this isnt that.

when season one finished i had the option to read the manga or wait (and tbh i have some physical mangas of it) i just decided to wait, so i have no idea if the manga is continuing the same style.

the art change is something i wouldn't disagree with, changing it is a weird thing even tho i don't have a big problem with, in jojo the art changes on some series because the mangaka wanted to change it or to focus on new theme, but for this anime i don't think the manga is doing that.
also don't forgot, most the time anime comes to advertise the manga so they do some changes or fan services, either to annoy you so you decide to watch the manga or quit, or to please the fans with some extra that is not in the manga.

At the end i think the series will catch up with season 1 feeling on the last 6 episodes , i am still watching it and i enjoy what i watch
Apr 22, 2016 3:24 PM

Jan 2011
Honestly... i hope this new crew takes responsibility and fire the guy who ever came up with this nightmarish idea to create something like this..

Nice april joke guys, i'll continue with the manga ..
Apr 22, 2016 7:58 PM

Jan 2009
Oh God! lol!
Way to make a worse season of an anime that's already trash!
I wanted to watch this for the action, but that fight was so ridiculously animated it made me laugh! XD
I'm not sure if I want to drop this or not though. :P
Apr 23, 2016 1:00 AM

Dec 2013
Didn't really enjoy the first season because the cockroaches were too strong. I hope this time round the humans will be able to turn the tide. I'm having high hopes. It's time for revenge on those mofo roaches
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Apr 24, 2016 8:40 AM
Apr 2016
OMG! WTF JUST HAPPENED!
tbh i came only for the gore, the blood, the horror and of course for the fight scene
since the S1 doesn't have any decent plot, and they changed the scene about the doll that harukaze fixed it,well it doesn't matter but still its stupid
they also removed the reason why this anime was good, and why the fuck the cockroaches get downgraded? they feel like stupid people who wear a costume
and michelle, damn she looks like a kid going on a picnic in mars
May 17, 2016 1:56 PM
May 2016
A horrible let down. Now in s1 the animation was far better, the attention to detail to each fighting stile - the sounds were made so accurate. Now we get some cheap animation with far worse detail and overall there is a cheerful feeling while watching this s2 episode. Dropping this.
May 19, 2016 8:02 AM

Apr 2014
I mean, the first season coped a lot of shit but I enjoyed it a lot for what it was. This season..., oh dear. You couldnt even call the first episode cheesy B grade trash. Well, 3 episode rule and all...
May 21, 2016 4:34 AM

Nov 2015
This is even worst than season 1

May 22, 2016 2:46 PM

Apr 2014
Oh no.. This is wrong.
May 23, 2016 7:30 PM

May 2015
What's with the art? Everything has changed for the worse? and now there's comedy? Even michelle has changed WTF this is so wrong.

Why the F did they made Terraformars Into this:
zurgboy00May 27, 2016 10:47 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 10, 2016 10:46 AM

Jul 2012
WTF DID THEY DO! The action, the gore. They took away the impact in the action scenes, like when they use to show the gritty details of the shell of a cockroach cracking from the impact of a punch. In slo mo. Now its just "fluid" punch dodge punch. WHERE"S THE BLOOD THAT RIVALED THE OTHER GORE FEST ANIME. WHAT IS THIS SHOW?!?! Why, why WHY. What really got me pissed off to make this comment is that I'm up to the scenes where they redo Akari's new raison d'etre aka the boy and the doll scenes.

Like why are you putting filler, changing the original history from the first season.

Do the producers or whichever intentionally kill anime this way, so people flock to the manga.

Did they not think of trying to follow the bar they put in s1's first episode, when seriously people thought that Akari was going to be straight up killed no glory. That was impact, visually and emotionally.

This is like bland daytime television

Adolf Reinhardt,
Please come back and save season 2, no actually, save the show.

14 mins in, I am dropping the show after the end of episode 1. After seeing Akari have a visually explosive transformation that people can sense somehow. It is now clear that it has turned into a shonen, Akari is now Ichigo and Michelle Davis is of course Rukia.

Bleh should of stuck to the formula. Is it right to score this anime as a 4/10 when biased on s1 and the ovas? This is the first time I've ever seen such a drastic drop in quality for a sequel, hopefully the only time.

Was something skipped between S1 and S2? Because our main heroine Michelle Davis has lost all her icy-ness. What happened to the woman who threatened no forgiveness for looking below her glases, muy tsudere vibes... ero ero.

Obviously SOMETHING HAS CHANGED FROM SEASON 1, the last time we got a shower scene we had a beheaded Chinese woman staring through the door peephole...now it's well...something.

See, when the girl at the end is trying to boost morale in the cockpit saying they'll get to Annex 1, go back to Earth and chants "go go go!", the moment she raises her fist, in season 1 that would be the signal for a cockroach to whiz to the window and decapitate her. It is now reduced lol or the opposite to a lovey dovey light-hearted show compared to grueling, no hope, all despair beast of series it once was

However, some have said that the next episodes were better.
kUshPandA_ENJOiJun 10, 2016 11:32 AM
Feels like losing all five senses &
Maybe not able to have thoughts,

Enjoi...
Jun 10, 2016 2:47 PM
Mar 2016
I am disappointed
Jun 10, 2016 7:22 PM

Nov 2013
Krilin died and Akari turned into a Super Saiyan. Oops, wrong anime. Seriously, what is this? Revenge of the Shit? S1 was pretty bad, but I at least enjoyed the senseless violence and gore. But here? The roaches practically just stand there, while being beaten up. They just don't feel threatening anymore.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Jun 27, 2016 3:08 AM

Mar 2015
An unusually light-hearted tone that was absent from the first season that took itself very seriously.
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 2, 2016 4:16 PM

May 2012
In the first episode fan service already? They must be desperate! A decent catch up however with the first season, let's see if this one is any better.
Sep 28, 2016 1:37 PM
May 2013
Obvious reaction : the animation got a huge downgrade , the colors are vivid and I dislike it, I liked that grayish coloring from s1 . Also the character design...

Where is the violence , the gruesome scenes ? The cockroaches act as if they're malnourished , the one from the ship actually struggled to attack the bird girl , while another from s1 took the head of a russian chick as if it were a ball.

I hope they adapt it properly so I won't notice huge differences when I catch up with manga .

Except these ,I've enjoyed it.
Oct 10, 2016 12:52 AM
Jul 2014
Gotta love how bad this is when compared to the 1° season. Wtf happen to the animation. When alex hit the cockroaches with his "balls" at first season they were destroyed instantly, now when he hited one at 9 min margin she just got pushed back lmao. So terrible i m dropping this, really this is just a disappointment.
Oct 30, 2016 7:23 AM

Jul 2013
Wow! it's the first episode and I've already seen a bunch of shitty animated scenes especially during fight scenes. They should at least try to make good first impressions you know. Not that the first season was good but at least it was better than this. They also made some changes on the character's design and when did this became light-hearted and what's with the comedy? It's just weird..

AND WHERE'S MY FUCKING GORE?
Dec 4, 2016 4:37 PM

Aug 2014
A new season, when you already
Why?

Right on the money, since Terra Formars is pretty much a shounen in disguise.

Thank God that I'm not a fan of the manga, otherwise all these changes would had piss me off. I'm gonna try to enjoy this all of this fuckery.
KashKetchumDec 4, 2016 6:00 PM
Dec 14, 2016 12:10 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
O_o My face after to watch this first episode, all a poem, because the first seaso always was dark, but this first episode seems the light, near a school traveling!!!!

I wait only was this episode!!!
Dec 29, 2016 11:47 PM

Dec 2012
Aside from the OP and ED song, this episode was bad.

That one scene when the roach was just letting Akari hit it continuously had me screaming. Shit was so bad, I started laughing.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Oct 4, 2017 8:11 PM
Nov 2014
Hisio said:
What the fuck happened to art and animation ????
Even the op is shit >.> rip best show 2014

It's a fucking disaster. Someone can explain ? Season 1 was so good, how did this happen?

Lol this anime was shit even at season 1 lol this series is based on a manga the manga is better season 1 had so much censorship or they just took out parts the gore the figths they r not something a kid should look at then here comes season 2
Dec 30, 2018 5:28 PM
Jul 2018
This season 2nd is very disappointed and dropped. The first season was better gore, animation much more than this shitty like animation kids, ugly fight.
Feb 13, 2019 6:20 AM
Jan 2017
i see that the scend season of terra formars become darker that previous season,,
Feb 13, 2019 6:28 AM
Jan 2017
wheres the gore ,, why is become boring than the first season,,
Mar 28, 2019 1:29 AM
Apr 2018
I watch this because is wonderfull to watch now the season 2 become so so so trash who is the person got an idea to change the season 2 like this has no talent and retarted no i waste my time to watch this tsk tsk
Aug 10, 2020 4:31 AM
Nov 2014
I see, it's a shonen anime now. A sudden genre change is the only thing that explains away why alien JOHJs who killed literally everyone else on the mission on day 1 are suddenly trading quick jabs and light punches instead of murdering literally everyone in one shot.
Nov 6, 2020 4:19 AM
Jun 2019
Dear lord what is this shit?! What happened to the animation? The gore? Y are the Roaches' cheeks so pronounced? And what's with the fucking Super Sayan screams when transforming?! What have they done?! And I was so looking forward to this...I'll just have to hope the story is at least good
Mar 19, 2021 3:52 AM

May 2014
Real disappointed with this one. The first season was gritty, bloody, and tense. Sure the pacing was really slow, but it really helps the viewer to empathize with the characters. Everyone has their own reason to fight, but everyone is equal in the face of death.

But this one totally went on a genre shift. Cheap fights, way more comedic tone, bright filters and overall art changes that totally destroyed the kill or be killed vibe the season 1 has already established.

Also, some of the characters looks real weird with the new artstyle, especially Caucasian characters such as Michelle.

Usually i'm not the type to complain about downgrade in quality. I can enjoy S2 OPM despite it being worse than S1 in every aspect. But this one changed the show completely that it feels like i was watching a different show
Aug 16, 2021 8:02 AM

Mar 2020
NO NO NO WHYYYYYYY

Why they do my boy Terra Formars like this?!

1/10 graphics, 1/10 OP ED

Not surprised the rating got dropped
Subscribe to my Youtube : Rosvl Studio

I post Skits, Fingerstyle about Anime, F1 and many more :)

Link In My Profile!!
Jun 16, 2022 8:01 PM
Jan 2017
heyy what he hell is this ,,
did i watching different show with same name..
i mean wheres the gore, blood, darkness and death,,
and what the hell they thinking,, is they hire a elementaly school to do draw..
this is teribble bad,,
Apr 6, 2023 4:41 PM
Jan 2021
Kids show compared to first season
May 4, 2023 7:08 AM
Nov 2018
horrible animation, unecessary comedy moments,
May 17, 2023 3:05 AM

May 2020
the animation quality looks a lot better this season

Mar 30, 8:24 AM

Dec 2022
I'll admit, there are many aspects of this season that aren't as charming as the first: the animation is less weighty, the colours are matte and oversaturated, some characters are shown speaking with their mouths closed, the viscerality is toned down and offscreened, and the terraformars themselves are less imposing than they used to be. That oppressive and mysterious atmosphere of Mars in the first season has also completely disappeared, which is my foremost grievance with this season.

On the other hand, the increased comedy doesn't bother me too much, so long as it doesn't represent that this season is going for a safer approach. Even if there are less deaths this time around (which I suspect), I'd still appreciate the anime at least implementing that same foreboding, eerie tone that made you anxious about the scenario the humans were in during any given scene from the last season.

╔⏤═⏤╝ ╚⏤═⏤╗
Shaded Horizon

Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

» What chapter?

Saku33 - Jun 20

0 by Saku33 »»
Jun 20, 2:18 PM

Poll: » Terra Formars Revenge Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2016

90 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 30, 6:29 PM

Poll: » Terra Formars Revenge Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2016

35 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 30, 5:42 PM

Poll: » Terra Formars Revenge Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2016

34 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 30, 5:06 PM

Poll: » Terra Formars Revenge Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2016

32 by Archean-Return »»
Mar 30, 4:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.