Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 28, 2017 6:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, the episode's animation style went is back to episodes 1-2 again. I wish it retained episode 3's

Still, this episode felt surprisingly lighthearted with the kids and days that seemed normal. I'm not really sold into the comedy from this episode. Just felt like it was awkward. The events in the dream world with the food gimmicks didn't impress me at all.
Stark700Jul 28, 2017 7:36 AM
Jul 28, 2017 8:07 AM

Jun 2015
Katsumi really likes curry. It's amusing seeing Haruto getting chased by donuts and a little girl. Lily was having a good time. That little girl turned out to be someone that whenever she eats, she loses weight. Her boyfriend dumped her because of that. She learned how to make curry from her grandma.
Jul 28, 2017 8:56 AM
Dec 2016
A little girl who loves eating donuts..remind me of someone...Atleast, Lily isn't a vampire! XD
Jul 28, 2017 9:16 AM

Oct 2016
Binging and Purging huh, this hit a little too close to home...
Jul 28, 2017 10:10 AM

Sep 2013
The girl suffers from Bulimia because her boyfriend dumped her, she's a little food witch, but it's alright you just need to like eating :)
Jul 28, 2017 10:20 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Basic theme but nicely executed.

A model who's struggling if she should eat or not, that's really hard to deal with.

Jul 28, 2017 10:25 AM

Jul 2008
A little disappointing this time around, but at least it had some interesting dreamland visuals as always. I dislike how this girls emotional problems were solved with just a few words and suddenly she's ok. I'm sorry, but a person with an eating disorder isn't going to be just fine after a couple of kind words, she still has a lot of emotional recovery to do.

Also, can we talk about how she is NOT fat? I mean, look at that figure!
I know those with eating disorders do often see themselves as fat when in reality they aren't, but her ex-boyfriend had no excuse. He was just an a******
Jul 28, 2017 10:32 AM

Mar 2016
this anime is playing with a lot of different themes and I really like it. this story was nicely executed and enjoyed watching it

I literally want to eat doughnuts (donuts [however you wish to spell it]).
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 28, 2017 3:10 PM

May 2016
I almost lost my mood at the time it became awkward but am I ever get that feeling of deja vu for just hearing Katsumi sang the same song of "Curry Rice!", same scenes from Haruto's dream repeatedly but different from the end. Although Airi has eating disorder after getting dumped by her boyfriend because she thought that if she eats anything, she'll lost her weight which as a audience, we immediately disagree with the statement. I feel sorry for her but things were settle at least.

I find this episode is interesting but awkward at the same time.
Jul 28, 2017 3:18 PM

May 2016
GreenTea13 said:

I also would've said the same thing, it just hit me with confusion and it's clearly like she's NOT fat. I do say it's a mistake but not much, only her character as a figure just made us confuse and questioning. It's almost hard to imagine in reality how a person would look like.
Jul 28, 2017 3:35 PM

Apr 2016
What an awful episode...

1/5
Jul 28, 2017 6:22 PM

Aug 2014
the anime is very interesting i love it, i love the mushishi-ish feeling it has with solving problems for people as you go, btw what does reader model mean?
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Jul 28, 2017 6:31 PM

Nov 2014
This episode felt an hour long. Cutting between a magic girl in a candyland and a bulimic vomiting gave me emotional whiplash.
Jul 28, 2017 8:03 PM
Jun 2016
DeadeyeReViVal said:
GreenTea13 said:

I also would've said the same thing, it just hit me with confusion and it's clearly like she's NOT fat. I do say it's a mistake but not much, only her character as a figure just made us confuse and questioning. It's almost hard to imagine in reality how a person would look like.

They arn't fat,but their self image is they are fat, thats why she's bulimic *I think thats the right one*
Jul 28, 2017 10:21 PM

May 2016
Kuroko33 said:
What an awful episode...

1/5

Then drop it. Simple as that.
Jul 29, 2017 12:51 AM

Mar 2017
Another taboo topic. Awesome, but poorly executed.

Talk about triggering...
    have a berry

good day lol
Jul 29, 2017 3:10 AM

Apr 2016
DeadeyeReViVal said:
Kuroko33 said:
What an awful episode...

1/5

Then drop it. Simple as that.

It's not like I hate the anime, I liked ep 2 and 3. I rarely rate an episode of anything 1/5 but this one just didn't appeal to me I guess.
Jul 29, 2017 4:32 AM

Dec 2015
Nice to see an anime tackle the subject of eating disorders and the unreasonable standards of beauty models are subject to...but with trippy dream visuals.
I approve, a really good episode, maybe the best so far.
Jul 29, 2017 8:07 AM

Oct 2008
MC is still creating his own kind of harem with different kinds of girls!
3/5.

Jul 29, 2017 9:33 AM

Feb 2009
YAY, an episode about eating disorders! Just what I needed during my relapse. ughh. It was still a great episode nonetheless.

Jul 29, 2017 9:39 AM

Jun 2015
There is no hope for this anymore, this episode was really weak, just like the last, dropped
Jul 29, 2017 9:33 PM
Apr 2017
Maybe something you just need to remind yourself some scenes in your life to get rid of some bad habits, or get hopes.
But this episode absolutely put me down
Jul 30, 2017 12:01 AM
May 2016
I like the visuals (but I wish the character designs become that of episode 3), especially the symbol of pigs as that's how the girl feels about herself, but overall, this episode is the weakest so far. The confusing sequences of dreams and real world are pretty good, but the solution to her problem is rather weak.

Also, anyone notices that the girl, unlike everyone else in the previous episode, isn't in coma (sleeping beauty syndrome) as she works everyday like normal. This is important, obviously. She isn't in coma, but she becomes a witch when she's asleep.

I like how Lily acts, though. Almost out of character, but nice to see.
Jul 30, 2017 1:24 AM

Jan 2010
Not as good s last episode, but still manages to emulate a dream really well. If nothing else it was really touching again.
Jul 31, 2017 7:36 AM

Nov 2016
Simple theme, but I liked the message.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 31, 2017 11:19 AM

Jan 2017
Alright, so far the way to solve all these girls' problems seems to be... having a cute boyfriend? Maybe a little simplistic, but that's okay, there are some interesting themes here.

Also, I thought the events of episode 2 would have had a much larger impact on the story.
Aug 1, 2017 7:49 PM
Mar 2012
instead of donuts... the bonito flake tomato curry mentioned sounds delish & healthy. Gotta get that tryptophan for serotonin. Ahogirl also gets a lot from banana apparently, explains why she sleeps so well...
Aug 2, 2017 3:02 AM

Nov 2016
Alright, prediction time.

I'm going to guess from the available information I have right now that our MC is in a coma himself. Unlike the good doctor or any of the witches, the MC has never been shown in the real world. Whenever the MC wakes up, it's always in that circular bed in that weird room and he always immediately goes back to sleep. The doctor's dream for (the cat) appeared in that room in this episode. Finally, the MC being in a coma like (most of) the witches may explain why he has a special connection to Lily and the ability to free the witches from their curse.

It seemed like a logical train of thought to me... what do you think?
Aug 2, 2017 4:15 PM

Jun 2012
Quite a short interaction between the two relevant main character here, it feels like the whole donut scene was unnecessary. 2/5.
Aug 5, 2017 11:53 PM
Feb 2010
Jacob_Chimera said:
Alright, prediction time.

I'm going to guess from the available information I have right now that our MC is in a coma himself. Unlike the good doctor or any of the witches, the MC has never been shown in the real world. Whenever the MC wakes up, it's always in that circular bed in that weird room and he always immediately goes back to sleep. The doctor's dream for (the cat) appeared in that room in this episode. Finally, the MC being in a coma like (most of) the witches may explain why he has a special connection to Lily and the ability to free the witches from their curse.

It seemed like a logical train of thought to me... what do you think?

Yes! Thank you for sharing your thoughts and for putting them into words (Y)
I totally second that,for some reason the MC is not waking up in the real world at all,and he sure has the ability to be connected to the witches dreams for some other mysterious reason :D, there should be an explanation for that,and the coma is more logical to me.

Actually when I tried to connect the main plot together, trying to reveal the secrets of the MC, (like how he got there? Why he's the one who can help witches every time ?, who's Lily and why she's calling him brother? Most importantly Why he is not complaining about that or even surprised as if she's really his sister?: D ..etc) I found a lot of holes in the story, and illogical things which really confused me, and annoyed me as well xD

so I tried,at least for the time being,to deal with the episodes witches stories individually or as a Separate thing as if it's a short anime with new story every time,and let's see how things will turn out in the end.

I think this anime has potentials,it has a very good story in general,dealing with some serious and important issues like (revenge,bulimia or should I say anorexia as well? that poor girl had both at the same time I guess,and that only because of her stupid lousy boyfriend! -_- , also the pain of heartbreak,the pure feelings of first love..etc) ,
also portraying each episode as if it's as mysterious and surrealistic as the dreams itself is really good (Y)
but it's sure confusing as hell ! LOL

I hope by the end of the series we will get some answers,at least for the sake of the main plot they planted in episode 1 :D, if they really don't want to complete it,it would have been better if they just made this short as separated stories in each episode like it was perfectly done in the
Aoi Bungaku Series
*sighs*

Aug 6, 2017 2:37 AM
Feb 2016
While the topic of this episode is great but personally I feel the process to 'free' the witch is not being executed very well. Like, we were kept on being shown the MC running from donuts when they could use those time to let the MC know more about the witch's problem and while, thinking about it, his solution in advising her might be one of the correct ways but I can't feel that it feels just like a *snap* and problem solve. For a girl who vomits out her food, saying that she can't taste the food, and unconsciously went on binge eating junk foods at night just by listening to his advice and eating her grandma's curry = problem solve?

And... arghh... despite I don't want to but I can't help but feel if all of them were to meet this is gonna be a harem where everyone vies for his love. I sincerely hope that they will only meet in the dream 1 witch each and that's it.

Not only is the Cat scientist(?) researcher(?) and his sister is still a mystery even our MC and his self-proclaimed sister as well
Aug 12, 2017 3:18 PM

Feb 2013
Eating disorder.

This anime lacks the "atmosphere" for it to have impact.
Aug 19, 2017 4:45 AM

Apr 2015
This episode is the reason why anywhere above the age of 16 is considered "old hag" aka un-date-able. young is attractive and old isn't. the main girl in this episode is like 22 and she acts as if guys would still gawk upon her. and now she's struggling so hard to diet just to make herself look attractive.

For god's sakes people, attraction isn't just about being thin. it has more to do with young looks. a 14 y.o "chubby" girl can be more attractive than a 22 y.o office lady.

people want to believe that 25 is considered "Christmas cake" but in reality the age is way lower than it really is.

I for one wouldn't want to spend my 6 figures to an OLD HAG who would just Bitch, Whine and Moan (BMW, get it?). Or someone who thinks that just because she's educated she thinks she knows better than me. multiple brain scans have shown that men have bigger brain mass than women aka men are much better at analytical thinking.
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
Aug 28, 2017 1:37 AM

Dec 2015
Eating disorder woman added to the collection ! As often with those cases, it's a young and obviously fit enough woman.
The problem solving was hard to swallow and the dream world wasn't really of any use. Maybe allocating two episodes to some stories would help.

3/5 Back to the regular eyes and faces, great!

Can anyone explain me what's a "reader model"?

PS: Loved the reaction above. XD

Rei_IIIAug 28, 2017 1:43 AM
Sep 4, 2017 12:15 AM
Jul 2018
Texhnolyze and Angel's Egg are weird, abstract, and confusing, but they were like that for a reason; to tell a story in a unique, visual, way. Once you rewatch them, or pay attention more closely, there's a, "what, where, who, why, how?"
Throughout 18if I'm constantly asking, "what, where, who, why, how?". This series isn't confusing because we're, "not paying attention", it's because the director has literally no idea, how the hell to direct.
Sep 4, 2017 12:17 AM
Jul 2018
kidlat020 said:
This episode is the reason why anywhere above the age of 16 is considered "old hag" aka un-date-able. young is attractive and old isn't. the main girl in this episode is like 22 and she acts as if guys would still gawk upon her. and now she's struggling so hard to diet just to make herself look attractive.

For god's sakes people, attraction isn't just about being thin. it has more to do with young looks. a 14 y.o "chubby" girl can be more attractive than a 22 y.o office lady.

people want to believe that 25 is considered "Christmas cake" but in reality the age is way lower than it really is.

I for one wouldn't want to spend my 6 figures to an OLD HAG who would just Bitch, Whine and Moan (BMW, get it?). Or someone who thinks that just because she's educated she thinks she knows better than me. multiple brain scans have shown that men have bigger brain mass than women aka men are much better at analytical thinking.

I still have barely any clue what the girl's struggle was here. Did she want to get thin? How would eating make her more thin?
Sep 11, 2017 4:01 AM

Apr 2015
ThatCynicalOtaku said:
kidlat020 said:

I still have barely any clue what the girl's struggle was here. Did she want to get thin? How would eating make her more thin?

did you really watched the show? the theme/topic is shoved in your face in the intro alone. or is your metabolism so good you don't have problems with eating and fatness?

Sep 11, 2017 7:46 AM
Jul 2018
kidlat020 said:
ThatCynicalOtaku said:

did you really watched the show? the theme/topic is shoved in your face in the intro alone. or is your metabolism so good you don't have problems with eating and fatness?

Instead of pointing out that I didn't get the message, perhaps you could explain what the message was?
Sep 11, 2017 11:25 PM

Apr 2015
ThatCynicalOtaku said:
kidlat020 said:

Instead of pointing out that I didn't get the message, perhaps you could explain what the message was?

about eating, being thin, fat, attractive, getting your crush and whatnot?
kidlat020Sep 11, 2017 11:30 PM

Sep 12, 2017 6:37 AM
Jul 2018
kidlat020 said:
ThatCynicalOtaku said:

about eating, being thin, fat, attractive, getting your crush and whatnot?

No, I obviously got all that. What I didn't get was how the girl's body worked. The anime said that if she eats a lot, she gets thinner, I think?
Nov 11, 2017 2:51 PM

May 2012
Absolutely different than the previous episode which was amazing, this was random and pretty pointless imo, wish they proceeded with the same quality of episode 3 but oh well, let's see what's next.
Sep 19, 2018 9:57 PM

Mar 2010
Is he creating his own harem lol
Jan 24, 2019 10:41 AM

Apr 2017
The quality has quite weakened. It's the total contrary of the last ep. But it still had a positive message concerning dealing with eating disorders. So it was still a good episode.

buy mochi at the mochi store
and friends at the friend store

Jul 2, 2019 1:04 AM
Jan 2019
the most unexpected coincidence happened to me i'm eating an Doughnut to (it's rare to me to an eat Doughnut) is the anime saying some thing i'm unaware off?
Jun 5, 2020 3:57 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Another trippy episode portraying how some witch had a problem with her glutony and the insecurity surrounding it. Such a shame with the transition. I found it hard to understanding the true intentions of this episode, until its last moments. Because, yeah, on this episode, the witch dont actually had a sleep desease in the current state. But stil receive the same syndrome attach with no other explanations accompany it. Unfortunately, i labelled this episode bad because of its direction and misplaced transition. Make its pace messed up, while the true intentions spread like crazy.

However, since the art still colorful and so fun to seen, i still enjoy every duration. On the other hand, the witch girl now is cute af, and so beautiful that i really enjoy her appearance. But, yeah, its obvious to tagged this episode as a so-so in the end, since, yeah, the story feels weird af.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 5, 2020 1:03 PM

Jul 2016
I was expecting something else from this episode, a little dissapointed with the casual eating disorder theme but hey it was not an awful episode at least!
Nov 17, 2021 12:50 PM

Jun 2015
This episode made me want to eat curry. I haven't had curry for a year I think.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Jan 5, 2023 8:42 PM
Jan 2021
it's ok, this episode felt emptier than the rest.
Feb 25, 2:55 PM
Feb 2024
i honestly dont know whats going on but i kinda like it. I was kind of dissatisfied with the ending though.

More topics from this board

Poll: » 18if Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2017

67 by hrodebert99 »»
Sep 28, 6:00 AM

Poll: » 18if Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2017

45 by fiveguysshake »»
Feb 26, 12:48 PM

Poll: » 18if Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2017

28 by fiveguysshake »»
Feb 26, 12:34 PM

Poll: » 18if Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 18, 2017

90 by fiveguysshake »»
Feb 25, 3:43 PM

Poll: » 18if Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 11, 2017

39 by fiveguysshake »»
Feb 25, 3:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.