Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
WorldEnd: What Do You Do at the End of the World? Are You Busy? Will You Save Us?
Available on Manga Store
New
Jul 20, 2017 2:19 PM
Jan 2015
I want a second season. This was a very well made anime. I think there is still enough material to build off of the current story line to continue going. What do you guys think?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 21, 2017 2:17 AM
Apr 2017
BrandonJul 29, 2017 10:07 PM
Jul 21, 2017 6:50 AM

Apr 2012
Or they will use the materials from both Sukasuka and Sukamoka but who knows if they will
PSN: Leylea | Crunchyroll: iRailyn | Funimation: iLeylea

Jul 23, 2017 12:23 AM

Nov 2014
BrandonJul 29, 2017 10:06 PM
Jul 23, 2017 1:21 AM

May 2009
Not gonna happen, BD sales are abysmal.
Jul 23, 2017 3:13 AM
Apr 2017
SympathyRS said:
did he really become a beast? I want to see what happens next

Jul 23, 2017 4:56 AM

Aug 2015
wow thats sad

so are both willem and chtholly permanently dead ? Any1 else dead ?
Jul 23, 2017 5:15 AM
Apr 2017
-Lyka- said:

BrandonJul 29, 2017 10:05 PM
Jul 23, 2017 5:37 AM

Aug 2015
kosamja said:
-Lyka- said:

Jul 23, 2017 6:19 AM

Dec 2012
I ll just say this , in regards to the entire series ...

WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH THIS SHOW?

Jul 29, 2017 11:51 PM
Apr 2017
Waiting for season 2 many mysteries need to be revealed
Oct 5, 2017 5:49 AM
Mar 2017
Is there a possibility of this anime get a second season ?
Oct 5, 2017 5:49 AM
Mar 2017
bastek66 said:
meaning of abysmal ?
Oct 5, 2017 8:07 AM

May 2009
SilverFever said:
bastek66 said:
meaning of abysmal ?

1,434 for first volume (not really abysmal since there are series which had less than 300)
Oct 5, 2017 8:13 AM

Apr 2015
But not really enough for a second season neither.

Doesn't matter, S1 is enough for me
Oct 5, 2017 8:14 AM
Dec 2013
anyone know which volume is the continuation?
Oct 6, 2017 10:33 PM
Jul 2014
ihsanfr said:
anyone know which volume is the continuation?

The anime adapted volumes 1-3. Volumes 4-5 were not adapted. I would still suggest reading through the first three volumes, as the anime took a few liberties in adapting the light novels and a lot of the scenes were changed in ways that made them confusing or awkward. There are also some important scenes that were not adapted that give context to volume 4. This is a pretty short series, so it won't take very long to go through it all.
Oct 25, 2017 4:31 PM
Oct 2017
Yes I really want to see what it going on next i love this anime I hate the ending ;-;
Oct 30, 2017 9:55 AM
Jun 2017
Where can I read the light novels online?
Dec 17, 2017 4:47 PM
Dec 2017
Yes there should me more to discover because only two person death was shown by painting and William death not mention or what about the remaining evils to kill. They show child similar to chtholly in the end so there is much to discovered yet. I hope second season will came soon as possible.
Jan 10, 2018 3:57 AM

Dec 2016
I think it will be another season and it will cover this https://myanimelist.net/manga/97643
Feb 8, 2018 6:54 PM
Dec 2017
there's a rumor season 2 will come in 2nd april
Feb 9, 2018 6:56 PM

Mar 2013
YUSARIE said:

Can you link the source?
"Isn't Victini the cutest Pokemon of all time?"
Feb 12, 2018 9:46 PM
Oct 2016
MH-kun said:
I think it will be another season and it will cover this https://myanimelist.net/manga/97643
I'm currently reading the SukaSuka novels so ofc i haven't read SukaMoka yet.

Not quite sure about that. I'm actually on volume 3 of SukaSuka (aka where the anime ends) and there's still 2 more volumes of the novels. It would looks so bad it they just instantly jumps without even finish adapting the main novel
Feb 12, 2018 10:24 PM

Dec 2016
Hanayohane said:

Not quite sure about that. I'm actually on volume 3 of SukaSuka (aka where the anime ends) and there's still 2 more volumes of the novels. It would looks so bad it they just instantly jumps without even finish adapting the main novel

Well man, I didn't read the novels. Maybe, there will be special episode(s) or a movie or anything for the 2 volumes you read. Also the SukaMoka novel may get an adaption later if it is finished.
Feb 28, 2018 5:42 PM
Dec 2017
FerdinandSurya said:
YUSARIE said:

Can you link the source?

https://lifekino.club/shuumatsu-nani-shitemasu-ka-season-2.html
i think its fake tho... I KNOW its fake.. but...
Mar 1, 2018 7:11 PM

Mar 2013
YUSARIE said:
FerdinandSurya said:

Can you link the source?

It is fake. I know what you feel, this anime is indeed underrated. I just hope to see the continuation in another season but the chances are low. Well I just can't wait so I read the novel anyway. The anime ended at Volume 3, so you just need to read 2 volumes if you want.
Mar 5, 2018 6:52 AM
Dec 2017
FerdinandSurya said:
YUSARIE said:

It is fake. I know what you feel, this anime is indeed underrated. I just hope to see the continuation in another season but the chances are low. Well I just can't wait so I read the novel anyway. The anime ended at Volume 3, so you just need to read 2 volumes if you want.

The problem is... that I've finished the sukasuka novel and can't find any sukamoka translations
Mar 5, 2018 6:57 AM
Jun 2015
I think there's a chance for it. Unofficially by the creators, they say they want to do more if they got enough reputation and plus with the official news that in Japan.
http://blog.hackadoll.com/2017/09/anime-award2017ssrsl.html?m=1
They got to the No.1 in summer plus spring. In 2017 they got to the No.4 of the year for Japan.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 5, 2018 3:29 PM

Mar 2013
YUSARIE said:
FerdinandSurya said:

The problem is... that I've finished the sukasuka novel and can't find any sukamoka translations

I guess you haven't seen Orlandri Translation Company yet. Yes, the name is a parody from the real Orlandri Trading Company from SukaSuka lol. They're currently translating SukaSuka EX and SukaMoka. Check them out here https://orlandri-tl.tumblr.com
Have a nice day :)

InfinityKiyen said:
I think there's a chance for it. Unofficially by the creators, they say they want to do more if they got enough reputation and plus with the official news that in Japan.
They got to the No.1 in summer plus spring. In 2017 they got to the No.4 of the year for Japan.

I didn't know that SukaSuka was that popular in Japan, it's amazing how SukaSuka only rated less than 8 in MAL.
FerdinandSuryaMar 5, 2018 7:09 PM
Mar 5, 2018 5:17 PM
Jun 2015
FerdinandSurya said:
YUSARIE said:

I guess you haven't seen Orlandri Translation Company yet. Yes, the name is a parody from the real Orlandri Trading Company from SukaSuka lol. They're currently translating SukaSuka EX and SukaMoka. Check them out here https://orlandri-tl.tumblr.com

InfinityKiyen said:

I didn't know that SukaSuka is that popular in Japan, it's amazing how SukaSuka only rated less than 8 in MAL.

I kinda manga to know why. SukaSuka you see it has a late populaty. If that were the case then what happen to those who don't have a lot of time and check for review instead? The first they see is this review "byagendator"
Overall Rating6
Jun 28, 2017 1:13 AM | 197 people found helpful
Did you ever get that feel of "this could be great if" while reading or watching something? This feel is exactly what this anime is about. A story with huge potential, but undermined. Undermined by the author's lack of proper writing skills. By conventions of a degenerated form of writing. And by a not so good adaptation.

This show can pass by as your average light novel adaptation with ease. Hella long title you won't remember no matter what. A cast of characters with names difficult to read or memorize. Male MC that shoves up people's ass his set of morals once in a while. MC's love interest that goes melodramatic and cry several times. Yet you can find here the tragedy of a man. A man that lost everything, and ends up in some state of suspended animation until he is awaken many years later in a "foreign" world (Captain America, huh?). The cute heroine is actually a weapon of mass destruction that can die any time for the sake of the world. High stakes for the love interests and the risk of emotional loss could make this a great love story, right?

Problem is, the show couldn't decide whenever it wanted to be a dull light novel adaptation or a good story. This leaded to a confusing presentation and lack of self-awareness. Say, they present you with a little depth of Willem's character. It is reedeming and set him as a "not your typical LN male MC at all". And, show a few seconds later one of the most cringe-inducing reactions that a plain tsundere girl can have. Breakdowns like this are destructive to suspension of disbelief.

But in the long run, the show saves itself from the mediocrity valley. Remember the love story? What blooms here is the most organic romance I have seen in anime, at least in a while. Never two people falling in love with each other felt so natural. Chtholly (I swear I didn't look up the character list) slowly evolves into a housewife in hopes to become a better person for Willem. Willem in turn tries to overcome his own fears of another loss so he can give Chtholly the love she deserves. Both of them reach the stage of mutual love step by step. It's simple, but it works.

The show goes up and down since episode one, between LN's conventions and good writing. There's a immersive post-apocalyptic setting. A well-tied set of emotional stakes, great OST and some gorgeous visuals. But there are one-sided characters, with single tropes defining them. Also a typical LN setup, and some crappy CGI.

As bad as this series might sound, it's good enough. At least, the LN medium isn't completely doomed. The guy who wrote this is talented, but needs to polish his skills and broaden his writing experience, which seems narrow yet.

"How do you fall in love at the end of the world?" - This alone would be a better name, although still long. Keep your titles short and easy to read they say. The name "SukaSuka" means nothing to me. So how I'm supposed to call for this show?

I'm pretty sure that might cause a lot of popularity to drop a lot. Even though all it said is just mean one thing "The name is too long. I don't know how to call it, so that name means nothing."
Funny right? It said reviews but there aren't any staff about how's the anime is at all.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 6, 2018 6:12 PM

Mar 2013
InfinityKiyen said:
FerdinandSurya said:

I didn't know that SukaSuka is that popular in Japan, it's amazing how SukaSuka only rated less than 8 in MAL.

I kinda manga to know why. SukaSuka you see it has a late populaty. If that were the case then what happen to those who don't have a lot of time and check for review instead? The first they see is this review "byagendator"
Overall Rating6
Did you ever get that feel of "this could be great if" while reading or watching something? This feel is exactly what this anime is about. A story with huge potential, but undermined. Undermined by the author's lack of proper writing skills. By conventions of a degenerated form of writing. And by a not so good adaptation.

This show can pass by as your average light novel adaptation with ease. Hella long title you won't remember no matter what. A cast of characters with names difficult to read or memorize. Male MC that shoves up people's ass his set of morals once in a while. MC's love interest that goes melodramatic and cry several times. Yet you can find here the tragedy of a man. A man that lost everything, and ends up in some state of suspended animation until he is awaken many years later in a "foreign" world (Captain America, huh?). The cute heroine is actually a weapon of mass destruction that can die any time for the sake of the world. High stakes for the love interests and the risk of emotional loss could make this a great love story, right?

Problem is, the show couldn't decide whenever it wanted to be a dull light novel adaptation or a good story. This leaded to a confusing presentation and lack of self-awareness. Say, they present you with a little depth of Willem's character. It is reedeming and set him as a "not your typical LN male MC at all". And, show a few seconds later one of the most cringe-inducing reactions that a plain tsundere girl can have. Breakdowns like this are destructive to suspension of disbelief.

But in the long run, the show saves itself from the mediocrity valley. Remember the love story? What blooms here is the most organic romance I have seen in anime, at least in a while. Never two people falling in love with each other felt so natural. Chtholly (I swear I didn't look up the character list) slowly evolves into a housewife in hopes to become a better person for Willem. Willem in turn tries to overcome his own fears of another loss so he can give Chtholly the love she deserves. Both of them reach the stage of mutual love step by step. It's simple, but it works.

The show goes up and down since episode one, between LN's conventions and good writing. There's a immersive post-apocalyptic setting. A well-tied set of emotional stakes, great OST and some gorgeous visuals. But there are one-sided characters, with single tropes defining them. Also a typical LN setup, and some crappy CGI.

As bad as this series might sound, it's good enough. At least, the LN medium isn't completely doomed. The guy who wrote this is talented, but needs to polish his skills and broaden his writing experience, which seems narrow yet.

"How do you fall in love at the end of the world?" - This alone would be a better name, although still long. Keep your titles short and easy to read they say. The name "SukaSuka" means nothing to me. So how I'm supposed to call for this show?

I'm pretty sure that might cause a lot of popularity to drop a lot. Even though all it said is just mean one thing "The name is too long. I don't know how to call it, so that name means nothing."
Funny right? It said reviews but there aren't any staff about how's the anime is at all.

I've read that review as well. It's really disheartening for me to see that kind of review on the very top of reviews section. Let me criticize this review for a bit. He said that the writing was awful. Maybe I'm just dull or anything but I can't seems to find his point. I've watched and read the novel so I know what I'm saying. The writing is not awful. Right after that he said that this is a bad adaptation. By saying this you could assume that he already read the original novel. But in reality he didn't. So how could he know that this is a bad adaptation when he hadn't read the original? And yes I'm completely agree with you. Giving SukaSuka a bad review because its title is too long is just ridiculous. In fact I remember the whole title and the name of every single characters here. I think unique character names what makes them easier to remember. I just found this review a complete gibberish.
Mar 7, 2018 6:53 AM
Jun 2015
FerdinandSurya said:
InfinityKiyen said:

Overall Rating6

I've read that review as well. It's really disheartening for me to see that kind of review on the very top of reviews section. Let me criticize this review for a bit. He said that the writing was awful. Maybe I'm just dull or anything but I can't seems to find his point. I've watched and read the novel so I know what I'm saying. The writing is not awful. Right after that he said that this is a bad adaptation. By saying this you could assume that he already read the original novel. But in reality he didn't. So how could he know that this is a bad adaptation when he hadn't read the original? And yes I'm completely agree with you. Giving SukaSuka a bad review because its title is too long is just ridiculous. In fact I remember the whole title and the name of every single characters here. I think unique character names what makes them easier to remember. I just found this review a complete gibberish.

I agree. After my heart got broken cause of its ending, I then saw this and made me so mad that it made me recover from that sadness instantly. Like WTF? This is useful? Even the halfa** reviews like "It's just 10/10" its even more useful cause at least it will still give those people a chance to know if its good or not. That person seems to do a hate reviews on every good anime too tbh. However, it seems the "Cyberbully is real" once again. If the creators somehow learn how to read English that person will be dead meat with a very long, heavy and polite paragraph about what they think about those comments meant to them. They do that too in Japanese to those who do those cyberbully staff. With a very heavy, polite and long paragraph. You mightn't want to make them mad cause that will be the scariest and the most polite message you will see. They might not have any curse words in their vocabulary or their languages might be the most polite languages in the world? Their politeness can be super scary trust me. Good thing that dude didn't write that reviews in Japanese cause what you are dealing with is with the country where there's a lot of stories and many things that many people considering are the scariest stories of all. I bet that dude will be sweating if that happens.
Mar 7, 2018 6:21 PM

Oct 2014
InfinityKiyen said:

I kinda manga to know why. SukaSuka you see it has a late populaty.

only in MAL. Because MAL is always behind bcs they have shit taste
If you go deep enough, in online anime circles, to places that have stuff that public forums can't pick up, SukaSuka is actually pretty well-received with each and every episode. Not just in Japan, but world-wide.

But more importantly, we all can tell that the staff love doing this adaptation, too. (And we fans love them for that.)
So while they say they will only do it if they can find enough money, I'm pretty sure that by now they've already started doing the groundworks, on any spare time they can find between their busy schedule.
So, I'm quite confident that a SukaMoka adaptation (that also covers the end of Willem's story) is in the works.

ps.: Although will it ever be out or not, no one knows. (Television broadcasting business sucks.)
Mar 8, 2018 9:52 AM
Jun 2015
Revvie-chan said:
InfinityKiyen said:

If you go deep enough, in online anime circles, to places that have stuff that public forums can't pick up, SukaSuka is actually pretty well-received with each and every episode. Not just in Japan, but world-wide.

But more importantly, we all can tell that the staff love doing this adaptation, too. (And we fans love them for that.)
So while they say they will only do it if they can find enough money, I'm pretty sure that by now they've already started doing the groundworks, on any spare time they can find between their busy schedule.
So, I'm quite confident that a SukaMoka adaptation (that also covers the end of Willem's story) is in the works.

ps.: Although will it ever be out or not, no one knows. (Television broadcasting business sucks.)

I agree. Hope they can keep those promise cause Television broadcasting business isn't a joke.
Mar 8, 2018 3:14 PM
Dec 2017
FerdinandSurya said:
YUSARIE said:

OH MAH GAWDFDFD THANK YOU!!!
Mar 9, 2018 7:43 PM

Mar 2013
Revvie-chan said:
InfinityKiyen said:

I did end up into the same conclusion. I don't know why so many good animes received terrible reviews in MAL. And usually they appear on the very first top of the review section. For example Mahoutsukai no Yome. As you can see there, the first review was really appalling. It didn't review the anime as whole but only talks about slavery and pedophilia. Yes, Elias did buy Chise but I never seen him treating her like a pet/slave. And Elias live for a thousand years but he's not human so I think it's unfair to call him a pedophile. Sorry I went out of topic, but I think this is a true example of how twisted people here in MAL.

YUSARIE said:

OH MAH GAWDFDFD THANK YOU!!!

You're welcome :)
Mar 9, 2018 8:38 PM

Oct 2014
FerdinandSurya said:
Revvie-chan said:

I did end up into the same conclusion. I don't know why so many good animes received terrible reviews in MAL. And usually they appear on the very first top of the review section. For example Mahoutsukai no Yome. As you can see there, the first review was really appalling. It didn't review the anime as whole but only talks about slavery and pedophilia. Yes, Elias did buy Chise but I never seen him treating her like a pet/slave. And Elias live for a thousand years but he's not human so I think it's unfair to call him a pedophile. Sorry I went out of topic, but I think this is a true example of how twisted people here in MAL.

Well, first reviews are made based on people's first impression. Thus... what one can easily notice after first time watching something.
As for top review or not top review, just the matter of connection and popularity.

ps.: That's why: click on the "more reviews" button :P
Oct 8, 2018 12:00 PM

Mar 2017
I had myself tons of questions like who is the visitor that was gonna meet the sage at the end ? what is Willems mysterious power? we want more backstory flashbacks and so... i dont understand how his bones are crushed? from the fight before he frooze ? this anime could be a 25 episodes anime if it was gonna have this much romance... hoping for second season
Nov 2, 2018 10:57 AM

Nov 2015
kosamja said:
Actually
You cannot spell Light without L
Nov 3, 2018 12:22 PM

Apr 2013
Bronos23 said:
kosamja said:
Actually

this is NOT a real spoiler. the gray hair character is NOT him at all, that character is not even human, he's an imp who was already more than ten years old when the event on volume 5 happens.
Same goes with the baby you're talking about, this is a newborn leprechaun called Ryehl.
I've read the sequel up to the last released volume, and there's not such thing as what you said.
ZefyrisNov 3, 2018 12:41 PM
Nov 9, 2018 8:35 AM

Apr 2017
Is there actually any chance of a season 2? I want to believe there is.
Was SukaSuka popular in Japan though? The only positive indication to that was the poll posted before, how did the BD and DVD do sales wise? Last I check it was pretty disheartening, however, it could be a late bloomer. Would anyone have more recent data regarding that?
Nov 11, 2018 4:15 AM

Apr 2013
FujimotoTakashi said:
Is there actually any chance of a season 2? I want to believe there is.
Was SukaSuka popular in Japan though? The only positive indication to that was the poll posted before, how did the BD and DVD do sales wise? Last I check it was pretty disheartening, however, it could be a late bloomer. Would anyone have more recent data regarding that?

Sukasuka as a novel is closer of a hidden gem, praised by almost anyone who read it, but with very few peoples reading it. So it is loved, but it isn't popular.
The anime didn't sell great but it wasn't too bad either IIRC. So that wasn't a flop but no huge incentive to do a second season imo.
ZefyrisNov 11, 2018 7:18 AM
Apr 25, 2019 1:23 AM
Dec 2018
I would like to see a season 2 "I dont know what was real spoiler in this forum and was wrong but all sound good" so I would love a season 2 to see what happens
Feb 13, 2020 7:20 AM
Feb 2020
Anyone know where I can read the manga or LN because I really want to know what happens
Feb 19, 2020 2:12 AM

Apr 2013
Ultramatedestroy said:
Anyone know where I can read the manga or LN because I really want to know what happens

https://www.bookdepository.com/search?searchTerm=WorldEnd&search=Find+book
All 5 LN volumes are available in english and the Ex volume will get released in June.
Apr 6, 2020 4:59 AM
Jan 2015
If more fans were to talk about this series, and even maybe petition to send money to the developers, would there be a shot at officially making a second season?
May 16, 2020 10:35 AM
Captain

Jun 2014
kosamja said:
SympathyRS said:
did he really become a beast? I want to see what happens next

Thanks for all that info
Jun 13, 2020 2:19 PM

Aug 2018
I would kill for a second season, even tho ive read the LN

Mar 30, 2021 12:06 PM
Mar 2021
Quero uma segunda temporada
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2017

463 by burjl14 »»
Oct 15, 9:50 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2017

268 by 2ndKnight »»
Jun 18, 1:48 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 9, 2017

163 by DELLspencer »»
Jun 13, 8:49 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 2, 2017

158 by DELLspencer »»
Jun 13, 5:20 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2017

133 by toralbabs »»
Nov 6, 2023 7:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.