Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 24, 2017 1:02 PM

Mar 2014
Him using an umbrella reminded me of when I played Maplestory and umbrella were actually pretty good weapons at some points in the game.

Apr 24, 2017 9:40 PM
Apr 2017
Lesson Learned: gambling is bad, kids
Apr 25, 2017 2:30 PM

Jul 2013
I have no experience with the source material so I can't really comment on that, but I feel like even if this is really quick it's still engaging and I can appreciate that it doesn't get bogged down with details. I do have personal experience with MMOs and the like, so thats probably why I don't mind not having a shitton of details given to me.

People keep saying the original novels are a lot longer with all the strategies and jobs and moves explicitly explained, but like...tbh, that sounds incredibly dense and possibly not something I could hold an interest in? I feel at some point you gotta just shorthand stuff to keep the flow going, y'know? But again, I'm an anime-only viewer, so I guess I don't really have the full picture either way.
Apr 26, 2017 4:39 AM

May 2016
I wish that I can make money just by watching anime, like Ye Xiu gaining money in this episode just playing Glory.
Apr 26, 2017 5:26 AM

May 2014
I'm so glad this was finally subbed, these episodes are SO enjoyable.
The animation is still good, I liked the parts witht he goblins which surely could have been done worse. But overall it was a very good episode, I like this new character too. I hope they'll make a guild together.
Apr 26, 2017 10:20 PM

Nov 2010
Man, this anime turning out to be far better than what i expected. really glad that i gave it a chance.
Apr 27, 2017 4:02 AM

May 2009
OP as usual. xD
I like the interactions between the players. They're hilarious. :D

Xiao Tang is pretty hot. :o

"If you want to beat me... Try in 100 years."
"Consider this your lesson fee."
So cocky, I'm liking him even more. LOL (─ω─)❤

This episode rocks! :D

“I despise common sense.
I’ve seen the world from every possible angle.
This cruel, ridiculous, beautiful world.”

- Lacie Baskerville

||||
Apr 27, 2017 6:21 AM
Apr 2017
KamSung said:
The animation is still good, I liked the parts witht he goblins which surely could have been done worse. But overall it was a very good episode, I like this new character too. I hope they'll make a guild together.

"God" will satisfy your desire in first season ╮( ̄▽ ̄)╭
Apr 27, 2017 11:36 AM

Sep 2013
That money flipping smug asshole animation . Need a gif.
Apr 27, 2017 1:46 PM

May 2014
ycchen226 said:
KamSung said:

"God" will satisfy your desire in first season ╮( ̄▽ ̄)╭

I thank you kindly dear sir.
Apr 27, 2017 9:16 PM

Dec 2012
That face when he counts his winnings LMFAO!

Apr 28, 2017 9:34 PM

Oct 2015
Damn god tier gameplay + shotcalling, what a boss. The salt level is nutty for the girl.
Apr 29, 2017 9:33 AM

Sep 2016
Marisplague said:
I really find the e-sports thing in this anime interesting :D
Is it the first anime to do this? At least the first I've come across
SAO GGO is definitely esports with legit competitive scene
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Apr 30, 2017 10:08 PM

Mar 2017
Marisplague said:
I really find the e-sports thing in this anime interesting :D
Is it the first anime to do this? At least the first I've come across

If you want eSports, go watch the recently finished Kiev Major. Or maybe even TI 6 for the story of upsets and a team that no one expected much of rising to call and advancing all the way to the grand finals.

No anime about eSports have been made yet. Sorry.

GangsterCat said:
SAO GGO is definitely esports with legit competitive scene

I'm sorry. GGO, or rather almost every game in SAO fails as a competitive videogame.

A.) Sword Art Online
-Bosses never respawn, meaning you can't grind them for EXPs and more importantly high-tier items.
-The Last Hit condition for items encourages selfish behavior during raids and discourages teamwork. As if raid leaders and guildmasters aren't facing enough headache already. Heck, that item you get may not even suit your playstyle.
-Unique Skills utterly break game balance, discouraging any semblance of competitive play.

B.) Alfheim Online
-Each race is restricted to certain playstyles and roles. DPS are in one race, supports in another, meaning the former have to work without buffs and debuffs while the latter hits like a wet tissue paper. I'm not even going to bother pointing/nitpicking other failures because this one is so dumb already.
-Also, once a race wins, the other races are immediately rendered useless and unplayable.

C.) Gun Gale Online
-Randomized character. Because apparently all the memes about how RPG players take 20 hours to design their characters didn't get through Reki Kawahara.
-The game is just utterly confusing, unworkable and unplayeable. You know why Counter Strike doesn't have a leveling or stat system? Or why Team Fortress 2 and Overwatch have clear character classes and roles? Because they want to be accessible, playable, fun, and competitive. You don't create a game where a lvl 50 player with god tier stats and a minigun can and will slaughter a bunch of lvl 5 cash-strapped newbies with handgun.
You gave up your freedom of speech when you clicked Agree to the User Agreement
This is not a public platform.
May 1, 2017 9:08 AM
Oct 2007
As someone who used to be very much into MMORPG, I am still enjoying the show a lot!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 2, 2017 9:04 PM

Mar 2016
This anime is so good I just can't look away! I love the action, the way they show the actual skill behind gaming, the balance of in-game and reality! It's just so well done and the story draws you into the action and makes you feel like one of those bystanders watching them duel!

"Glory...Is not as simple as you think." boy did he show her!
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
May 6, 2017 5:51 PM

Feb 2013
New girl is promising.

Gathering/distracting the mob is a good strategy, but it depends on the game if you can even do it. I miss those fun times in GunZ quest mode.

"Glory" does not appear to be merely a point-and-click RPG.
Jun 14, 2017 10:22 PM

Apr 2009
Burn!!! Xiao Tang felt it! LOL
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jun 30, 2017 9:56 PM

Jun 2013
Wow it's my first time seeing Ye Xiu change his expression lol

Manager girl is still in denial and can't believe he's the legendary gamer.

MC is so full of himself but he can back it up. It's funny how people react around him like, "WTF is this noob thinking?" LOL

That doll attack by the witch was cute. I didn't see what kind of damage or spell it inflicted or cast.

That new girl is pretty good but like I said, I'm not really impressed since I've never been impressed with gamers as a whole. I am sure they are amazing and skilled in real life but personally, I don't really care for them. Still, Ye Xiu was butthurt when she said Glory was an easy game and proceeded to kick her butt.

He got a lot of money from her, considering he doesn't have a single cent to his name.
BibimbapskiJul 17, 2017 3:34 AM
臭い-
Jul 3, 2017 9:16 PM

Dec 2012
lol at the tissue on her face.
lol She still doesn't believe him.
Look at him move that mouse. LMAO
LMAO He left.
A new girl.
Her face got serious. Her cheat code name.
Dat mouse.
Damn. Dat woman next to them in the dress is fine.
Oh snap. He's going to play against her.
They found out his identity.
LMAO at them getting shocked by his moves.
He won. As expected.
Oh, snap. She wants more.
LMAO He's making bread.
LMAO at what he said.
LMAO at his face when he's counting the money.
I knew she'd join.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jul 9, 2017 2:31 PM

May 2012
That ending battle! Pretty intense I'd say, let's see what's next!
Jul 20, 2017 3:36 PM

Jul 2014
nep-nep said:
That money flipping smug asshole animation . Need a gif.

That face fucking killed me
Sep 1, 2017 7:42 PM

Sep 2011
Dayuumm that was savage.
Feb 17, 2018 9:41 PM

Sep 2013
Pretty clever how he schooled that girl and got her interested in the game.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Feb 25, 2018 2:35 AM

Dec 2010
Ok, this was the first episode that actually got me involved with what's going on in the screen. Ye Xiu is SAVAGE.
Mar 11, 2018 10:06 PM

Mar 2015
Ahahahah he showed her that it isn't just a game of fast button mashing!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Apr 3, 2018 5:33 AM

Sep 2011
At least, not type of woman who'll easily fall in love with the MC because he's OP, get her ass kicked, made a smooth talk unlike that one series.

Jan 22, 2019 10:19 PM

Aug 2017
So, this new girl looks promising.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 11, 2019 1:48 PM
Absolute Zenith

Mar 2016
Beating a raid record, rejecting yet another top guild, and completely obliterating a girl with a very fast APM over and over again for a stack load of cash...
Lord Grim is badass af! Even if that girl trained day and night and get serious, I still believe Ye Xiu will just up his seriousness a little bit to defeat her yet again, easily.
Aug 21, 2019 3:52 PM

Sep 2017
not disappointed so far. it is awesome!
Jan 16, 2020 2:41 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Hmm this is getting pretty interesting after that battle, the girl is going to train hard to try to beat him.
Feb 1, 2020 10:16 PM
Mar 2018
It's amazing how this show makes me feel the same emotions no matter how many times I watch. I disliked Tang Rou at first sight and I feel the same all over again. She is a character that grows on me rather than instant like.
Mar 29, 2020 10:05 AM
Jul 2018
Characters are quite stilted, sorry for say it to Chinese makers, you cannot be as good as japanese makers.
Jun 14, 2020 7:59 AM

May 2015
Goblin slayer would be proud.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Sep 15, 2020 11:33 AM

May 2013
lmao, the temp guild one-wave rush was epic *O*

I'm super satisfied of all those PK he did on Little Tang xD
When will Boss realize that Ye Xiu is THE God????? smh X)
Apr 7, 2021 10:02 AM

Feb 2008
They did a great job with this, but I really wish the action sequences were done better. They're quite bad. Heck, they're straight up reusing the scenes, and they weren't even that good the first time they were used.
May 16, 2021 1:15 PM

Apr 2018
Man really owned her xD

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Apr 21, 2022 4:19 PM

Jul 2019
Man really became the goblin slayer lmao

Ehh, there's nothing too interesting rn.
Sep 16, 2022 12:20 AM
Oct 2019
whooped her ass to see if she loved playing the game. he didn't like her "it's too easy" comment
Jul 14, 6:21 PM

Mar 2022
ugh why is he such an ass!

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Quanzhi Gaoshou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

eplipswich - May 5, 2017

123 by WienGirl »»
Oct 3, 10:31 AM

Poll: » Quanzhi Gaoshou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Lambdaa- - Apr 7, 2017

165 by WienGirl »»
Oct 3, 8:17 AM

Poll: » Quanzhi Gaoshou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

NettoAzure - Apr 6, 2017

226 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Jul 29, 3:37 AM

Poll: » Quanzhi Gaoshou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

eplipswich - Jun 8, 2017

63 by amf85 »»
Jun 15, 4:26 PM

» Will The King's Avatar get an English dub?

awesomeblackman - Oct 30, 2018

8 by egosumjkm »»
Nov 3, 2023 7:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.