Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fuuka
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 27, 2017 6:07 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pretty typical episode this week. About time they made Sara more relevant in this show though. Not only that but she has talent for music as well. What a Yuu fangirl

For what's worth, I think this felt more or less like a buildup again. The band is working together to do what they think will be good for their future.
Stark700Jan 27, 2017 8:22 AM
Jan 27, 2017 8:58 AM

Dec 2014
That was a really good episode.

The only thing I was a little disappointed with was that there was very little Tama-chan screentime when I thought the episode was gonna be focused on her. Still, it was a really good episode.

Sara is pretty beautiful, That character change was hilarious. XD I was totally waiting for her reaction when I learnt that Admiral was her. xD

My favorite part of the episode was at the end with everyone discovering their passion for playing in a band especially Yuu. That put a huge smile on my face, I love this kinda stuff. It's a really special moment when you realize you have a passion for something. :)
Jan 27, 2017 9:08 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Lelouch0202 said:
That was a really good episode.

The only thing I was a little disappointed with was that there was very little Tama-chan screentime when I thought the episode was gonna be focused on her. Still, it was a really good episode.

Sara is pretty beautiful, That character change was hilarious. XD I was totally waiting for her reaction when I learnt that Admiral was her. xD

My favorite part of the episode was at the end with everyone discovering their passion for playing in a band especially Yuu. That put a huge smile on my face, I love this kinda stuff. It's a really special moment when you realize you have a passion for something. :)
Seconded for everything you said....Best girl Tama is getting robbed TwT
TokoyaJan 27, 2017 9:41 AM
Jan 27, 2017 9:27 AM

Feb 2015
The part about Yuu and Sara learning that they've been twitter friends all along was really nice.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 27, 2017 9:41 AM

Apr 2013
SARA-SENPAI!!!! One of my favorite ladies has finally arrived. No one can beat her tsundere-cuteness and outbursts of physical violence (RIP Nachi-senpai). We're progressing along nicely and I hope we get to see the school festival performance next episode.

Jan 27, 2017 9:41 AM

Dec 2016
Is it just me, or did the episode went by a little too quickly? </3

Sara is T H I C C. T H I C C, cute, and lovable. I hope Yuu makes the right choice to choose Fuuka in the end, though. Fuuka is the one and only. <3

It was also nice to see the early formations of the band. Everyone else actually had a passion for music after all. Also, let's not forget Fuuka's determination and dedication for the band. Her optimism's just so infectious, I love it!
Jan 27, 2017 9:48 AM

Aug 2013
With only 12 episodes and pace like this, they will end it in worst possible place.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jan 27, 2017 9:58 AM

Feb 2014
dankzel said:
SARA-SENPAI!!!! One of my favorite ladies has finally arrived. No one can beat her tsundere-cuteness and outbursts of physical violence (RIP Nachi-senpai). We're progressing along nicely and I hope we get to see the school festival performance next episode.

A new contender has appeared!!!! Sara-senpai is cute!!
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jan 27, 2017 10:02 AM

Apr 2013
rsc-pl said:
With only 12 episodes and pace like this, they will end it in worst possible place.

Jan 27, 2017 10:16 AM

Jul 2014
Much better episode than last week, particularly the bit where Yuu and Sara realised they had been Twitter friends for ages without knowing it.
Jan 27, 2017 10:20 AM

Jun 2015
Sara is now part of the band. It was funny when she and Yuu found out they were Twitter friends all along. Her personality completely changed. Now the band have their own place to practice.
Jan 27, 2017 10:21 AM

Feb 2016
I'm Officially #TeamSara right now, tho her entrance was a bit weird tho but i like her :3
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Jan 27, 2017 10:23 AM

Jul 2014
dankzel said:
Based on the title it's quite likely.

rsc-pl said:

I'm not so sure
mozgowJan 27, 2017 11:04 AM
Jan 27, 2017 10:24 AM

Dec 2013
Sara Sudden personality change was little strange, the power of Twitter I guess lolol.
he has already gone so far with his relationship with Fukka, they practically kissed, it will be sad if he choose another girl .
I just hope we will get less "fall over the girl cliché " , I think this anime doesn't need it, still enjoyable episode.
TyrelJan 27, 2017 11:28 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 27, 2017 11:29 AM

Dec 2014
sara character change was really something to look at.....nice to see the band together
Jan 27, 2017 11:51 AM

Jun 2013
Definitely strongest episode so far
And sorry fuuka, but Sara is best girl
Jan 27, 2017 12:08 PM

Jul 2016
This episode was amazing. #TeamSara and also, I think I smell a harem (maybe that's just me.) Also, the personality switch was really funny (the awkwardness, though, perfect amount.) Not to mention all of them realizing the fun of a band, especially Yuu. I'm grinning like crazy right now.
Jan 27, 2017 12:20 PM
Mar 2011
IMO, this episode went by too fast, they skipped a lot of the journey (practice fails and struggles from the manga) but i guess it cant be avoided since theres only 12 episodes. (and people would find it boring)

Overall it was a good ep.
Jan 27, 2017 1:16 PM

Dec 2012
Not even Tama-chan can save this anime now.

Another generic and idiotic boob grab, a new tsundere to complete the love triangle and an author that clearly doesn't understand shit about music.

How can the MC possibly learn the song in the 30min he practiced in his room is beyond me, especially taking into account he doesn't know anything about music.

Just watching this for Tama-chan to be honest. But with the amount of screen time she got on this episode...

Hopefully next week's episode will be better, judging from the title.

At least we're almost half way through this shitshow.
Jan 27, 2017 1:47 PM

Feb 2015
Do i sense a harem forming?
Otherwise I Sara-san my fav character so far. Too cute and too pretty

<In the ghost town of our love
there is a player piano
trying to prove it can make music
without being touched.
My fingertips miss her so much.>
Jan 27, 2017 2:29 PM

Jan 2013
That was a novel use of Twitter in an anime.
That transformation of Sara was so unexpected.
Good episode with the usual amount of cliches. Most annoying was the rift between Tama and Yuu due to how she reacted and left without saying anything to him.
Jan 27, 2017 3:22 PM

Aug 2013
Sara has my yes. Like the moment she popped up on screen, I was all aboard. Good episode though, starting to really get into this series alot more than I thought.
Don't believe the hype.
Jan 27, 2017 3:32 PM
Jun 2016
seeing sara san go from being a cold hearted type to cute talkative girl was so funny, i'm so glad it made it into the adaptation. I have a few moments i'm waiting for later for in the show ;P.
Jan 27, 2017 3:41 PM

Jun 2013
he needs to tell us his secret for learning the bass in under an hour
Jan 27, 2017 4:34 PM

Dec 2016
Lol She whacks him then agrees to join, that was pretty funny.

I have similar stories in real life where people communicate with each other for a which and all of a sudden meet up.

they did pretty well with the song at the end.
Jan 27, 2017 4:59 PM

Aug 2011
I went from hating Sara to loving Sara very quickly.
Jan 27, 2017 5:09 PM
May 2014
After Sara's reaction at Danny's, she's now one of my favorite characters in the show. Too bad my favorite females will probably lose though...
Jan 27, 2017 5:11 PM

Sep 2011
Apasher said:

I've got one foot in that boat. I can't say I like Sara very much (part of that may be due to the voice acting), but I absolutely loved her contribution to this episode. It's one of those stupid cliches and you generally don't want to meet your online friends in real life, but it was really cool to see it executed well here. What made it cooler was that there were three personalities associated with Sara, not two. Her mannerisms associated with her online account are completely different than both her cold appearances towards others and her excited persona around Yuu. The reveal, despite her being minor until this point and only appearing this episode, was very impactful.

I'm getting more and more worried this is going to turn into yet another harem.
Jan 27, 2017 6:53 PM

Jan 2017
I smell harem. ;-;
Sorry for my English.
Jan 27, 2017 8:20 PM

Mar 2016
Sara is THE ADMIRAL ... ( ゚д゚)!!!! I really liked this episode. Since Tama-chan has figured out that her love wasn't one-sided. I feel like she going to come out with an album completely different than her last one.

Boi, this little girl has dreams...
Jan 27, 2017 8:21 PM

Mar 2016
Apasher said:

Like actually same.
Jan 27, 2017 8:37 PM
Jan 2015
Just when you think you've figured out who's best girl, another girl suddenly shows up and takes the crown. Is it me or is this turning into a harem now?
My Queens

Jan 27, 2017 8:43 PM

Jan 2011
damn that Sara scene was a classic Seo moment but her 180 into being super tsundere caught me off guard i found it pretty great how they turned Yuu's twitter buddy into a main girl

were moving towards a harem and it's making me harder to choose ! but Sara is up there now i mean they been buds for forever
Jan 27, 2017 9:06 PM

Oct 2013
Admiral Sara on board! She doesn't look like a major contender on the romance department though and that might be for the best since a triangle's usually enough.

UrbanJahts said:

Boi, this little girl has dreams...

Her genki attitude really is what the band needs to move forward. In the case of bands, it's usually very hard to replace one such person and it'll often disband if that person leaves for whatever reason. I could see that happening once SEO starts doing what he does best ~ actually,I'm counting on something of the sort to happen. This is SEO we're talking about after all.
Jan 27, 2017 9:27 PM

Jun 2013
I just want to say, for the record, this isn't how learning music works.
Jan 27, 2017 9:45 PM

Dec 2016
Sweet episode. Was so not expecting the person Yuu would talk to all the time on Twitter to appear right in front of his face and join the band. She is a doll. Also Nachi is a bro.

Could do without the boob grabs. And they improved EXTREMELY quickly but it would be boring showing them train forever so I guess it makes sense. This is all coming together nicely. Also nice to not have a focus on Fuuka for an episode
Jan 27, 2017 10:50 PM
Oct 2016
i think the pace is really fast , can anyone tell me how many chapters did the anime cover ?
Jan 27, 2017 11:47 PM

Oct 2011
OMG SARA SENPAI <3333
Jan 27, 2017 11:50 PM
Nov 2016
This episode was so-so. The introduction of Sara made the band complete, I feel like the anime is slowly starting to focus more and more on the band elements instead of focusing just on Yuu and Fuuka. Let's see what happens in the future.
Jan 28, 2017 12:12 AM

Jul 2014
SlaveInUtero said:
i think the pace is really fast , can anyone tell me how many chapters did the anime cover ?
This episode ends at chapter 22.
Jan 28, 2017 12:31 AM

Sep 2015
Animated Sara is just perrrfeeccttt
Jan 28, 2017 2:40 AM

Apr 2010
Hinata said:
Animated Sara is just perrrfeeccttt

Yes was surprised she turned out so great in the anime which was a pleasant surprise.
Jan 28, 2017 3:37 AM

Oct 2013
omg that sudden change in character from sara. love her.
Jan 28, 2017 4:15 AM

Jul 2016
wow The Admiral-chan is really cute lol, it's really cute when they found out if they are friend in twitter lol
Jan 28, 2017 4:43 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Hottest girl makes her appearance.I'm glad that her character design does justice to how she is in the manga. One might have their favourites, but few can deny that Sara is incredibly easy on the eyes.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 28, 2017 9:00 AM

Nov 2011
-Trippwire- said:

I disagree because...

- The drummer, keyboardist, and main guitarist, all three of them have already been playing their instruments for quite some time

- The singer is a genius with at least 10000 hours of attentive music listening and she can "see" music in colors

- Leaving aside that in this part in the manga you can see Yuu practicing and struggling A LOT more, without spoiling too much I can tell you that later in the manga many characters considering him to be...
Jan 28, 2017 9:28 AM

Jun 2013
gemanepa said:
-Trippwire- said:

I disagree because...

- The drummer, keyboardist, and main guitarist, all three of them have already been playing their instruments for quite some time

- The singer is a genius with at least 10000 hours of attentive music listening and she can "see" music in colors

- Leaving aside that in this part in the manga you can see Yuu practicing and struggling A LOT more, without spoiling too much I can tell you that later in the manga many characters considering him to be...

I should clarify. It definitely got better towards the end when it showed them practicing and Yuu going through the motions of learning, but that first meeting in the studio was utterly unproductive.

Hisashi was basically like, "Alright let's just play something. Here, I'll tell you exactly what song to play, assuming you're all giant fans of the Hedgehogs and know exactly what song I'm talking about and how to play the parts. Don't even talk about it, just do it. Even though Mikasa has never played electronic keyboard in a rock context. Even though Hachi is severely out of practice. Even though while Fuuka is an excellent singer, she barely knows any guitar. Oh and even though we all know Yuu has never played this instrument in his life. I'm confident this will be a useful exercise."
-Trippwire-Jan 28, 2017 9:31 AM
Jan 28, 2017 10:29 AM

Nov 2011
-Trippwire- said:
gemanepa said:

I disagree because...

I should clarify. It definitely got better towards the end when it showed them practicing and Yuu going through the motions of learning, but that first meeting in the studio was utterly unproductive.

Hisashi was basically like, "Alright let's just play something. Here, I'll tell you exactly what song to play, assuming you're all giant fans of the Hedgehogs and know exactly what song I'm talking about and how to play the parts. Don't even talk about it, just do it. Even though Mikasa has never played electronic keyboard in a rock context. Even though Hachi is severely out of practice. Even though while Fuuka is an excellent singer, she barely knows any guitar. Oh and even though we all know Yuu has never played this instrument in his life. I'm confident this will be a useful exercise."

Ahhh that's what you meant ;P Yes I agree, that was definitely not the best way to teach, and Sara itself later in the episode criticised the way his brother did it
Jan 28, 2017 11:18 AM

Aug 2009
All aboard the harem train! CHOO CHOO!

Sara was surprisingly fun after she showed her true colors.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Jan 28, 2017 12:16 PM
Jan 2016
it was predictable that Sara was also is in love with yuu but the unexpected thing in this episode was that twitter thing.
so this is a harem but with a different approach which I like it.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fuuka Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2017

227 by RGreatDanton »»
Aug 12, 12:23 PM

Poll: » Who should have ended up with the MC?

TheCryBabyHero - Jul 16, 2023

12 by conetall420 »»
Jul 22, 2023 3:03 PM

» just read the manga

Garble198 - Nov 7, 2018

11 by Potimas »»
May 25, 2023 1:53 PM

Poll: » Fuuka Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2017

201 by nghuytoan1993 »»
Apr 28, 2023 1:22 PM

Poll: » Fuuka Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2017

85 by nghuytoan1993 »»
Apr 27, 2023 4:45 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.