Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Mar 29, 2016 9:41 PM
Jan 2016
I like how the score keeps going up as people actually give this anime a chance and score after finishing the series :3.
Mar 29, 2016 11:46 PM

Feb 2013
Very fun show!!!

As much as I wanted some romance, I'm kinda glad there wasn't lol.

7/10
Mar 30, 2016 12:28 AM

Apr 2015
It wasn't the greatest show ever, but I am saddened by the fact that I probably won't see any of the characters ever again because they were all very likeable.
hi
Sets
Last FM
Anime List
Manga List
Clue no. 2: Somewhere in one of the pictures in my forum signature.
Mar 30, 2016 2:32 AM

May 2014
Okay but Masaya in his flying suit at the end! HE WAS LOOKIN' FIIIIINE!~
Mar 30, 2016 3:19 AM

May 2010
Well, that ended better than I thought, still not super-fond of Asuka being able to turn off the balancer after only one former attempt at it. I'm not fond of genius characters, anyway. I find the term 'genius' hard to believe.

Also, can you feel how bad Misaki could feel? Once again, she wasn't taken seriously. In a way, I'm proud of her now that she doesn't take it to heart, but still, you know. Wish the series was more about Misaki than Asuka, would be at least 7.5 worthy.

Good anime, over all. Misaki and Mashiro kept me interested, and Asuka was cute, too (albeit OP) Sad thing is, romance tag held no meaning. Masaya was thrown to the side, too much focus on Asuka etc. 7/10, I liked the art a lot, the atmosphere was nice, too. It could be 8 though, sigh. I'm gonna miss the songs a looot esp. the ending song <3 Okay, maybe it is 7.44/10
TragicRomanceMar 30, 2016 3:22 AM
Mar 30, 2016 4:31 AM

Apr 2011
Just for anybody wondering, there was so much complaining about the Romance tag (I can understand it, it was missleading) that I conatcted a mod and it was removed...now, people who pick that up will not be confused :-)
Mar 30, 2016 8:08 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
That was probably the second best episode after Haikyuu S2 episode 24 this season. Holy fuck, that was entertaining.

7/10, average series with a sick finale.
Mar 30, 2016 9:44 AM

Apr 2015
This battle fackin epic. Really loved it damn.

I will definitely play the VN!!

Will miss this anime 8/10.

Btw really sad that there was no romance tbh.
Mar 30, 2016 9:52 AM

Apr 2015
Yeah...somehow made it to the end

Not terrible, not any good either 3/10
Mar 30, 2016 1:18 PM

Feb 2015
Actually, this episode was very good in my opinion. i wasn't expecting that.
but overall i predicted eveything. 'Who will win' and 'Asuka will turn off the balancer' I expected that. but i didn't expect the fight would be really great. to be that is a great fight to see. really beautifull. probably the best from the series. In the sports side, i like it overall. they save the budget for this episode i guess XD

And now on the sportsmanship side.... i dislike it and i think it's stupid. not really dislike it that i even hate it so much. just dilike it and i bothers my enjoyment. I dislike it because i think it is stupid. i think it is stupid because What were they trying to do with the sports. she was talking about being a perfect FC and bla bla bla....and on the other side, this is wrong.....bla bla bla.... well i think that is wrong way to fight, but not completly wrong. there is always a way to counter it. something like that which i dislike. and more like when they just realize how to couter it "OH! we just need to fly up-side down. i didn't think about that" Like what??!!!! even a normal human can come up with that idea in that kind situation right away!! i seriously think that is stupid. well, something like that.

Since there is no romance so i'm not gonna talk about that. i'm dissapointed obviouslt but! not really bothers my enjoyment.

i really like the sports tbh. there are some relationship between girls too, i like that too. most part, i like it and enjoy it except the Sportmanship. i give it 7.7/10. but! i put it 8/10 on my list.

this anime could be more better if they put romance and put a little bit more effort in the action in my opinion.

i wouldn't mind a second season IF! there are some improvement or another studio will make it.
Mar 30, 2016 4:18 PM

May 2012
Nice episode i enjoyed it a lot.

I liked this anime, it has a light theme with very light drama here and there. I can see myself playing the game when/if they finish the translation.

7/10
I despise woke people.
Mar 30, 2016 7:32 PM

Aug 2014
Holy hell, what an episode. I was blown away by the quality, though I have already decided on the score. It honestly sucks that Inui lost, they could've just tied like two representations of perfect FC. If this didn't turn out to be just a Shounen with girls, then I would've upped my rating.

Not much to say about the anime itself. Very fun idea of sports, sub-par story, okay characters, good OST. All of this makes Ao no Kanata objectively slightly above average to me.

Final episode: 5/5 (surprisingly the second best last episode of this season.)
Series overall: 6/10

I'd actually watch a second season.

Lastly..:

I mean, come on, the two spend a lot more alone time together than any other characters.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Mar 30, 2016 11:18 PM

Oct 2011
Great ending and Masaya wearing the FC outfit too

Dat ending song <333
Mar 31, 2016 11:19 AM

Jan 2015
I really liked the extra time battle between Asuka and Inui!
Asuka too OP
Overall an average anime, could've been a lot better.
Mar 31, 2016 10:10 PM

Dec 2012
We all knew she would win in the end lol. A great entertaining episode though. Inui is pretty cute.

Time to play the VN.
Apr 1, 2016 1:05 AM

Jun 2011
This was the anime I always watched waking up in the morning; it kept me entertained for a while, and it woke me up. I'm going to miss my "wake up after a good sleep" show.

6/10
Apr 1, 2016 4:39 AM

Nov 2015
The match was amazing and Inui finally had fun while flying!

7/10

Apr 1, 2016 6:06 AM

Dec 2014
Don't care what people say about this Anime. O.O 10/10/10/10/10/10 for me. D:<
7/7 IGN 5/5 GABEN NOWELL 10/10 MAL. OSCAR WINNER

Apr 2, 2016 5:09 AM

Feb 2007
This has to be the first time I've ever seen a VN adaptation completely do away with the usually dominant romance part, but somehow it actually worked out rather well for this.
Apr 2, 2016 5:21 AM
Oct 2012
Honestly i watched this series just because i liked the drawing and did not expect much on the story... Heck i almost dropped it after first episode because none of the main cast characters are appealing to me, but i'm glad i gave this series a try. Enjoyed the games and character developments more than i thought

8/10

edit : gave 8 instead of 9 after the hype died inside me
tornberryzApr 3, 2016 9:41 AM
Apr 2, 2016 7:39 AM

Aug 2013
Aww, that was a pretty nice ending! I really enjoyed this anime and I'm hoping there's going to be a season 2 in the future. :D
Apr 2, 2016 4:55 PM

Dec 2009
This was a great series, lots of ups and downs and excitement. It was all pretty predictable, but delightfully so. With a final match like that it definitely finished on a high note. I enjoyed it all from start to finish as i love tournament anime like this, a solid 8/10.

1idd0kun said:
kyle8998 said:
That's some big-ass badass wings.
If a human were to fly with physical wings, they'd need to be about that big.

Tigersight said:
They pointed out that if you can fly the balancer off, you can fly a lot better than with it on.

So... why wasn't practicing to fly with the balancer off the first thing anyone had to learn when they decided to pick up FC? Seriously, it's like race car drivers not realizing that putting a 60mph limiter on their car makes their car slower. Just... wut?

I swear, they must have created the sport within the last like 4 years if the players are still figuring out such basic things like this.

I enjoyed the show overall, it was really fun and light-hearted, but so much of the actual sport is just ugh. Oh well.
Occam's Razor: they probably did invent the "grav-shoes" and therefore the sport to develop them within a few years of this series taking place (like how car companies put money into races to show off and design vehicles); no more than a couple decades. There's probably design limitations that prevent rapid proliferation but yeah, not super relevant to the story itself. Talking about balancers, i explained this on an earlier episode:

GenesisAria said:
As far as balancers, i can't speak for the the story's universe, but coming at it from a scientific perspective i can say it's much like the assistance systems of modern aircraft. They're there to keep you from passing out or crashing, but you can "flip off the safety" and go in full manual. If you have enough skill you can control it better without the 'training wheels,' so to speak, assisting with fundamentals. So it's a logical limiter not a power hard limiter.
To be honest, if i were flying with anti-grav like that, i'd probably want gyros or em fields for efficient maneuvering and reorientation.

...If they invented anti-grav boots, why aren't the cars and stuff all flying too? An invention like that would transform society pretty quick. You'd have to rework all of the airspace laws.
Last comment supports above occam's razor. It would make sense to have gloves too like iron man and so on, but hey, it was enjoyable. There's no point in nitpicking unless it's just for some additional curiosity or for a lark.
GenesisAriaApr 2, 2016 5:10 PM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Apr 2, 2016 7:19 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
I know this last episode is going to be predictable and cliched, but damm....it's still breathtaking and beautiful in its own way, love the execution

Best match in the entire series, really fitting to be finale

7/10 really enjoyable

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Apr 3, 2016 4:52 PM

Aug 2013
I'm super impressed with the G-forces that these high school girls can pull without passing out. Or breaking their necks.
Apr 4, 2016 7:42 AM

Nov 2011
Really a pleasant episode to follow, involving the final battle and the management of the narrative. The drawings and animations were more than reasonable quality, a feast for the eyes. The only regret is that history is short-lived, I think you could pull more from this anime series.
Apr 5, 2016 7:09 AM
Aug 2013
I Give This Anime 100/100 score . . . :))
~ この 素晴らしい イマダ の 世界 に 神様 の 祝福 を !!! ~
~ Kono Subarashii Imad no Sekai ni Kamisama no Shukufuku wo !!! ~
~ God's Blessing on This Wonderful Imad's World !!! ~
Apr 6, 2016 3:47 PM

Jul 2009
I'm so disappointed in this ending :( The first half was kind of expected, didn't see them going to extra time, but the second half was SO cliched ... how the heck did they let Asuka turn off her balancer?! Not to mention Saki and Irina basically admitting "oops we were wrong" and Saki being "oh so this is what fun is" ... yeah, that was just terribly disappointing to me >_< As much as I liked everything else in this show (well, the characters were just OK I guess, but the animation and music were nice!) I always hate it when plots do that ... and yeah, I guess I don't like how the underdog rookies can always take out champs like it's nothing either. It's a shame because I was gonna give this a 7, especially considering how it could've been a harem setup but they actually didn't get into romance at all which was really refreshing, but yeah this episode is gonna make me drop the rating to a 6/10 >_<
Apr 7, 2016 3:03 PM
Jul 2009
EvianBubble said:
I'm so disappointed in this ending :( The first half was kind of expected, didn't see them going to extra time, but the second half was SO cliched ... how the heck did they let Asuka turn off her balancer?! Not to mention Saki and Irina basically admitting "oops we were wrong" and Saki being "oh so this is what fun is" ... yeah, that was just terribly disappointing to me >_< As much as I liked everything else in this show (well, the characters were just OK I guess, but the animation and music were nice!) I always hate it when plots do that ... and yeah, I guess I don't like how the underdog rookies can always take out champs like it's nothing either. It's a shame because I was gonna give this a 7, especially considering how it could've been a harem setup but they actually didn't get into romance at all which was really refreshing, but yeah this episode is gonna make me drop the rating to a 6/10 >_<

Asuka was introduced as a prodigy since the very first episode. The fact that she can fly with balancer turned off shouldn't be surprising at this point. We knew she had that much talent.
Apr 7, 2016 5:14 PM

Oct 2008
That was purely EPIC last episode on their Final Showdown with limiters unleashed!
Asuka modified the Delta Force and made their own Pentagram Force! cool!
Asuka's three on one drills paid-off! and her evasion skyrocketed-up!
3rd point is from the skill Hyper Low Yoyo!
Greensleeves tactics is ruthless!
Asuka's win is very great sight to be seen!
For me it was a Very Good show!
5/5!
8/10.

Apr 8, 2016 1:20 AM
Feb 2012
This episode was really weird for me.

I love sports anime, I watch a ton of them. But I literally started crying in middle of the match. It just pushed so much happy and positive emotion into me. Sure I cry to sports anime but its always really depressing and almost never part of a match itself.

I feel this episode is really magical. I think it done something that almost no other anime has. I love it from the bottom of my heart. And I feel it will forever be one of my favorite animes. Sure it was little slow to start out but this final episode made up for it so much.
Apr 15, 2016 7:17 PM

Jul 2012
This would be so much fun to play but give me some goggles please! I can feel how dry my eyes would be at the end of this.
Apr 17, 2016 7:06 AM
Jul 2008
pretty good anime, but I want to see more Masaya in action. kagami sensei seems cool too, I want to see them duel too!

Valaskjalf said:
Tigersight said:
They pointed out that if you can fly the balancer off, you can fly a lot better than with it on.

So... why wasn't practicing to fly with the balancer off the first thing anyone had to learn when they decided to pick up FC? Seriously, it's like race car drivers not realizing that putting a 60mph limiter on their car makes their car slower. Just... wut?

I swear, they must have created the sport within the last like 4 years if the players are still figuring out such basic things like this.

I enjoyed the show overall, it was really fun and light-hearted, but so much of the actual sport is just ugh. Oh well.

Maybe the professionals don't use the balancer ? I don't know. It would make sense for people to train without the balancer for competition because you can get better performance. Maybe it's just too dangerous for high schoolers but there doesn't seem to be any rules regarding the balancers.

They use balancer but maybe it's really hard to control so no one ever try flying without balancer. that's until Asuka and Saki tried to remove the balancer at the tournament.
Now that people know it's possible to do it, people will start learn to fly without balancer. That's why Kagami said that the FC world will be changed after that tournament.
Apr 17, 2016 9:00 PM

Dec 2012
Oh man, what a finale! Really loved that moment when Asuka forces all of the water away around her and goes crazy with her balancer off. The power of insert songs, I was really moved and motivated by it. It really did go show how fun and free this fictional sport of Flying Circus really is. I definitely would have liked to see more of it or perhaps in more depth. Initially it seemed like a rather simple and seemingly so-so idea, but I really got invested into it. Especially with what Kagami said about it - that it should be something that both the participants and audience have fun with. That reminded me of Kaleido Star (so did the costumes!) and I certainly did have a blast with this final episode, Asuka!

Both Ao no Kanata and Prince of Stride did something peculiar this season. They took their positions as visual novel adaptations and completely shattered my expectation of a status quo. I have to admit, I went in expecting either a boy meets girl romance or harem. Instead it turned out to be a really chill sports series. What's more, Masaya played a much smaller support role (as did Nana in Stride) so Flying Circus mainly consisted of girls. I think this is the closest I've come to seeing a proper girls team sports anime.

Gotta say though, most of the main girls (Misaki, Mashiro, Asuka) were all hyper genki and I'm surprised it didn't backfire. It's easy for that high energy thing to get annoying but I ended up liking them more for it.

7/10
Apr 21, 2016 5:07 PM

Jan 2013
A bit unbelievable that turning off the assist wasn't used before by higher level players.
Alright finale given the series as a whole.
6/10
Apr 30, 2016 7:33 AM
Mar 2012
Surprised it became one of my favorite sports shows, tied with Yowamushi Pedal.
For sports, it never felt repetitive. Characters are so fun & lively, no one's annoying, several even get serious moments & improve themselves with hardwork & Hinata's guidance/tactics. Zephyrion! & Mahiro cat stuff, really like the Comedy sol.
Episode had a nice insert. I expect sports to have enough cliche twists & wins, but Asuka vs Inui was a very intense battle. New "beautiful battle" achieved with that atomic glow. I see they drew a red-green heart shape for a moment.
FC could become an awesome VR/video game.
Art is mostly nice. Lots of armpits lol. Action & CG occasionally derps, but I never expected limited budget Gonzo to get amazing suddenly. CG is by Orange, and they previously excelled at mechs shows, so it's nice to see them try catch up to Polygon pictures & Sanzigen on the cg character side.
Apr 30, 2016 9:12 AM

Feb 2014
That is how it ends? So abruptly? Kinda disappointing.
And unfortunately a forgettable anime.

5.5/10 (rouding it to a 6... it was.. just fine).
TechOtakuApr 30, 2016 9:15 AM
May 1, 2016 6:38 PM

Apr 2011
I think Balancers are like driving aids in the high performance cars. You turn them all off like the traction control and you have little experience, you'll be crashing into a wall.
MagitoMay 1, 2016 6:45 PM
May 12, 2016 10:05 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
The was very good match. Saki just decides to go toe to toe with Asuka and they both put on a spectacle. Audience loved it. I still didn't like the other chick, telling Kagami that Saki would toy with Asuka and then silence everyone afterward.

And as the credits roll, Masaya is wearing his FC gear, wow all late. So in the end we only saw him in action for like a couple seconds and then back to commentary.

Overall it was decent to say the least. It'll be one show people can remember, sideboobs, Asuka and the MC who failed to be a MC.

Jun 6, 2016 4:05 PM

Nov 2014
In the end the show had a ton of cliches, but I still enjoyed it. Animation was so-so and the sensei's VA made me cringe, but Asuka was such a wonderful character and I'll be missing these characters. I liked all the random goofiness and the yuri bait scenes, even if came at the expense of other things. I really wish I had got more development!

I just feel so empty. It feels like there was so much story left to be told... perhaps I will have check out the visual novel.
Jun 27, 2016 9:29 PM

Jul 2009
this anime was a lot of fun for although I admit to picking it up on a whim. I enjoyed the last battle even though, I hate to admit, it was predictable. Still didnt stop it from being good. I want more FC though
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 29, 2016 11:15 PM

Sep 2013
Decent ending. Kinda predictable, but enjoyable all the same.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Nov 27, 2016 1:06 PM

Jan 2013
I played the VN and Im asking, WHERE IS THE FUCKING ROMANSE?
Seriously this anime was boring af
[url=https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Asdedix147&sclick=1]
Dec 31, 2016 10:26 AM

Apr 2009
This ending is so. . . . . .

7/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 3, 2018 3:15 PM

Jan 2013
8/10 - Pretty cool ending, concentrated on the sports only, balancer we're like a shackles to the bird who likes to fly higher freely, 9/10 Misaki Tobisawa very very AW-AW-AWOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, very easy re-watchable!
Aug 16, 2019 10:23 PM

Feb 2018
Epic Duel xD. Inui Lose
Apr 1, 2020 9:22 PM
Feb 2019
The anime pretty much fucked up Saki's character up until this last episode. Before this finale, all they had been doing was shoving into the audience's head the idea that Saki is just another generic cocky type of "bad guy" with poor sportsmanship and quite of a bitch attitude, while in the VN it's completely different and justified.

Imagine being so great that nobody can catch up with you, what do you expect in return? Praise and some warming hands from people? NO, IT'S JUST HATE, and JELOUSY, which is exactly why Saki started developing a cold and emotionless appearance. People who faced her are all terrified of her style and OPness, it's like rabbit and tiger trying to have a "fun" match together, do you think it's even possible? Therefore, to Saki, "fun" is a rather foreign concept and she had long forsaken the idea of finding it after getting the unfair treatment from those having played against her.

And so the "Monarch of the Sky" reign supreme across the horizon ON HER OWN PACE until this creature known as Asuka came out of nowhere and managed to sneak her way in, thus unsealed Saki's drive of enthusiasm over FC.

At in case, the anime did fine in some aspect, though I can't quite tolerate the awful change in script compared to the source material because not only did it mess up the coherency of the plot, but characters themselves are also greatly affected by it and thus making their motive incomprehensible and even misunderstood, irritating.
May 26, 2020 3:54 PM

Jul 2009
Everyone should do themselves a favor and play the Visual Novel. It's amazing. Far better than...whatever this is.

On Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1044620/Aokana__Four_Rhythms_Across_the_Blue/

On Denpasoft (18+, uncensored version): https://denpasoft.com/products/aokana-four-rhythms-across-the-blue

It will also be on PS4 and Switch in August 2020.
BStrifeSword114May 27, 2020 10:43 AM
Jun 10, 2020 11:18 PM

Sep 2011
duhu1148 said:
Everyone should do themselves a favor and play the Visual Novel. It's amazing. Far better than...whatever this is.

On Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1044620/Aokana__Four_Rhythms_Across_the_Blue/

On Denpasoft (18+, uncensored version): https://denpasoft.com/products/aokana-four-rhythms-across-the-blue

It will also be on PS4 and Switch in August 2020.

I didn't finish the anime because... ugh.

But, as I finished the visual novel recently, I do agree that the visual novel is more worth it.
TennoujiSep 15, 2020 1:41 PM

Sep 15, 2020 1:06 PM

Jun 2016
Tennouji said:

I didn't finished the anime because... ugh.

But, as I finished the visual novel recently, I do agree that the visual novel is more worth it.
I personally think this adaptation works pretty well lol. Not a big fan of the romance anyway (aside maybe, Misaki) so I don't mind it being removed. Reading the VN itself feels like watching an anime to me. The anime is clearly inferior in terms of characterization but it's just nice seeing the flying circus in animation (that's the reason I watched it in the first place xd)
Apr 4, 2021 8:58 PM

Aug 2017
A very mediocre sports anime with flying girls. Airhead Asuka has no business beating Saki "Monarch of the Skies". Saki is clearly the best junior. The "fun" stuff is dumb. It's about winning. Misaki route didn't fixate on fun, it was about winning and devising strategy.

I only like the song that plays during the last battle. I think that was in the game where Aoi flew away to Europe (T_T) way too sad.

Anyone who hasn't played the game should play on Switch, or Steam/PC (hentai version would be best if possible). It was a good game.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» First this or VN?

Grontan - Feb 28, 2023

8 by GlennMagusHarvey »»
May 5, 2:14 AM

Poll: » Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2016

210 by Karva1 »»
May 1, 8:01 PM

» English Visual Novel

OppaiSugoi - Oct 8, 2018

22 by OppaiSugoi »»
Jul 17, 2023 7:53 PM

» Anime season 2?

Felipe-10000 - Apr 1, 2023

4 by 5Reinheit »»
Apr 5, 2023 10:46 AM

Poll: » Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 25, 2016

83 by iajsjjz91 »»
Aug 21, 2022 11:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.